Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jamtracyjamtracy Member Posts: 75
    NICE Deal!!!!
  • Options
    bretambretam Member Posts: 12
    That's one of the best deals I've seen so far. Can you tell me the difference between 2wd and AWD. I know AWD has all wheels powered but does it handle better? What are the advantages of AWD? Just wondereing because if I could get the deal you got I would quite shopping. So far my best EXL 2WD RES is 33.086 plus ttl which would put my OTD around 35500...not as good a deal as you got plus you got AWD. Please share your thoughts on AWD vs 2WD. Thanks!
  • Options
    eka1eka1 Member Posts: 41
    to high..in no cal 1298 due at signing $498 a month 36months 12k
  • Options
    135i135i Member Posts: 25
    can u please provide more info?
    is this 4WD Touring?
    $1298 - does this include all fees, any cap cost red. or tax in this?
    $498 - is the tax here or in the "due at siging"?
    thanks in advance
  • Options
    mrgiellamrgiella Member Posts: 52
    Congrats on that deal....I have been turned down on price matches by 3 dealers here in NJ on the deal I got so I am happy.
  • Options
    jagbjagb Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    Need your help .. new to the forum.
    Any advise will be helpful

Looking to buy a 2wd 2011 Honda Pilot EX SUV in houston area.

1. What should be the drive out price with all th etaxes and delivery charges?

2. I have a 1999 acord lx - 120,000 miles in a poor condition( dents)
    How much will should be the trade in value and/or what is the best option in your opinion?

3. Should I wait till end of month / end of year ??

Thanks
  • Options
    colodicecolodice Member Posts: 1
    I just paid 35,700 with the following accessories included: cargo tray, 2nd row seat cover, wheel locks, all weather mats, and a full detail later. That stuff has a retail of roughly $1,200. Good price?
  • Options
    I think that is a very fair deal. If $35,700 is your OTD price I think you did about as well as anyone. My deal was pretty fair at $35,400 OTD with all the stuff you have plus lifetime warranty on engine and powertrain but mine is 2wd. I live in Houston area and did not have a need for 4wd. Honda Pilot is a nice vehicle with lots of perks. My wife is very happy with our purchase. Many of our friends own Honda Pilots and they all gave favorable reviews. Enjoy your new car.
  • Options
    Wait till the end of the month and pull the trigger. It's a buyers market and they are hungry to turn cars. I bought mine from Goodson Honda. I think it was a pretty fair deal Honda Pilot 2wd EXL RES with lifetime warranty OTD $35400. I believe you can do much better with EX. Do all your homework via internet pricing and figure out exactly what you want. Go test drive one and make sure you preface that you will not talk money. This way you can figure out what you really want and play the sales game back and forth. When you get ready to purchase make sure you have your figure that you are willing to pay. All these sales guys will corner you real hard. Be ready to walk. They will deal. good luck!
  • Options
    eka1eka1 Member Posts: 41
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
  • Options
    shopowner1shopowner1 Member Posts: 2
    In Illinois, I just paid $33,800 plus ttl, think I got a pretty good deal. Most internet managers were unwilling to come down lower than their "internet price" or "invoice price" even though these "invoice prices" varied by as much as $1500. Biggest difference was getting top dollar for my trade. Tried Bommarito Honda in St. Louis, they first tried to get me at MSRP $37,905, then finally came down to $36,500 + ttl.

For those talking about a lifetime powertrain warranty. Is this a dealer add-on option? and what is the value/price of the warranty?
  • Options
    doglover4everdoglover4ever Member Posts: 19
    I am interested to know what everyone else is buying the 2011 Touring with RES/NAV. I understand that the power lift gate is not an option on the EX-L and only comes on the Touring model. Also, I am interested in buying and not lease prices. I drive way too many miles to lease. Wish leasing was an option as I like a new car every 2 years or so. Thanks!!
  • Options
    finleydogfinleydog Member Posts: 13
    Does any one think I would be able to get a 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L no Res or Nav for $31,500 which includes Dest, TTL will be extra, Philadelphia Suburbs. No other options. If not what would should be my starting point for negotiation?
  • Options
    popatty1popatty1 Member Posts: 4
    I just got an EX-L 4 wd with nav for 34,600 and that included all weather mats, mud flaps and wheel locks. Did my homework and went very prepared to the dealership. I didn't have to pay a finders fee either, as the dealership didn't have what I wanted on the lot. Had to go find one. Refuse to pay for them to get one for me, that's their job and I won't pay for that. Very good service from dealership. :shades:
  • Options
    Was $34,600 the drive out price or was that the price without TT&L? if you got it OTD at $34,600 that was an awesome deal.
  • Options
    fredbbxfredbbx Member Posts: 1
    I got OTD at $36400 for exl w/o res, was it a fair deal? My city is Minneapolis.
  • Options
    xflxfl Member Posts: 2
    Dose anyone got quotes for Pilot 2010 EX 4WD recently?

Which dealers you are using?
  • Options
    xflxfl Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, 2011 EX 4WD
  • Options
    Hi, I got mine in Oshkosh for 34,600 with the all weather mats, mud flaps and wheel locks thrown in. Was just a hair over what edmunds and consumer reports gave. :shades:
  • Options
    Forgot to say that it is an EX-L with Nav system.
  • Options
    keeping my old tags but was without tax and title. and was 4wd so I'm not complaining
  • Options
    Dealerships around Philadelphia not biting at invoice $32,308 for this vehicle, anybody else having any luck on this vehicle in this area?
  • Options
    seanhawkseanhawk Member Posts: 4
    Finally got my 2011 Pilot LX 4WD for $27350 + TTL = $29200 Out the door price. How did I do? Any comments?
  • Options
    juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    I think I can get you this car for the price you're looking at, let me know if you're still in the market. Also, would you be willing to take a trip to North Jersey.

I am not a dealer or associated with one, just shopped and bought myself and I think it is a reasonable price based on my purchase of the same with RES for 33850 + tax + doc + tags. 2011 E-XL AWD RES . Julian
  • Options
    I think you did real well on your deal. All models of the Honda Pilot are nice. You got a great car at a good price that will last you for years if you take care of it. My wife is having a great time driving her new Pilot. Great deal!
  • Options
    jsween1019jsween1019 Member Posts: 1
    my husband and i are members of usaa and recieved prices of $29,044 not including $399 processing fee and the dest. charge for an EX. EX-L quote was $32,125.

are these good prices?

these prices were at pohanka in fredericksburg va.

has anyone had any experience with using this pricing system?

thanks,
    js
  • Options
    timtaniumtimtanium Member Posts: 6
    Purchased a new 2011 exl with nav this weekend for 32,537 in SoCal.
  • Options
    tekaritekari Member Posts: 1
    Hey timtanium,
    Is that including tax and others (OTD)?
    I'm also planning to buy a 2011 Pilot EX-L this weekend.
    What dealership did you buy from?
    What about interest rate?
  • Options
    timtaniumtimtanium Member Posts: 6
    That is not including tax. Otd was just a little under 36k. Got 2.9 apr for 60 months. Spreen Honda in loma Linda was the dealer.
  • Options
    whatever121whatever121 Member Posts: 1
    Hi timtanium, is your model AWD or FWD? :confuse:
  • Options
    lennygmanlennygman Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    Hi popatty1

34600 OTD? or 34600 just the cost with option plus Destination fee and taxes?
  • Options
    amp512amp512 Member Posts: 41
    I would like to know at what price I should start at for 2011 4WD Touring. By Internet Sales Rep at a local dealership I was quoted
    + 249 doc fee
    + 7% tax
    + 15.20 tire tax and online-reg fee
    + 399 for NJ state 4-year vehicle registration and title
    This was the first quote from a local dealer, I have not negotiated anything with any dealer yet. What do you guys think is fair price for 4WD Touring in Northern NJ area.
  • Options
    On 6/25 I paid the following for a Touring 4WD in Northern NJ
    +199 doc fee
    +7% tax
    +7.50 tire fee
    +310.50 registration and title
    +595 honda acquisition fee
  • Options
    Anyone know what the new consumer incentives for July are for the Pilot?
  • Options
    lennygmanlennygman Member Posts: 5
    What is 595 honda acquisition fee? :) Destination charge is $780. In any case, I been hunting for a Touring for a little while and almost pulled a trigger before June31 but couldn't get a deal I wanted. My aim is to get close to 36000k including dest, running boards (and All Season Mat). I got close with Planet Honda and Freehold Honda. 36.7k including the options above and dest + TTL. Very aggressive if any dealer can touch that right now but good enough as an aim number.
  • Options
    esemesem Member Posts: 11
    Edmunds.com shows that the finance rate offers (1.9% 24 or 36 Mos & 2.9% 60 Mos) will continue on to 9/7/10.
    But Honda.com current offers has nothing for the Pilot.

I'm not sure who's right. Will call up the dealer to see if they know for sure.

HTH.
  • Options
    esemesem Member Posts: 11
    Now Honda.com is showing the finance rate incentives.

Although it says 2010 a local dealer confirmed it's good for 2011 as well.
  • Options
    Yeah I see them now...was hoping for 0% incentive! Like some of Honda's other models. Still not bad though. Has anyone ever had any luck negotiating 0% or a low rate during these Honda based incentives?
  • Options
    The 595 is a honda finance loan fee. I had it before on another honda and to my knowledge its legit.
  • Options
    kal5kal5 Member Posts: 3
    Any advise will be helpful

Looking to buy a 4wd 2011 Honda Pilot TOURING in Southern NH or Mass area.

1). Does Touring come in Black leather interior w/ Bali-Blue? Or is it Grey interior only?

2) Besides NAV, is it worth to spend extra $2200 on Touring Vs EX-L with RES?
    (i.e EX-L w/ RES is approx $2200 less than Touring)

3) Received few internet quotes from 36k to 38k range for Touring.

4) Not in rush. Should I wait till end of month for best deals?

5) Appreciate Dealership contact/location info.

Thanks Kal
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    $595 is the acquisition fee for a Honda Finance lease...

Shouldn't be a fee like that on a loan...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jon2299jon2299 Member Posts: 1
    Shopowner1, I am in the STL metro area. Where did you get your pilot????? I am wanting the exact same model.
  • Options
    nac123nac123 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a Honda Pilot Touring 2011 with NAV & RES over 4th July weekend from a dealership in Long Island, NY.

Total paid $40542 with Tax, TTL, destination charge included.
  • Options
    nac123nac123 Member Posts: 3
    This is a good price. I just paid $37500/- + Destination 710 + TTL+ Doc Fee + all other fees; total of $40,542.00 for 2011 4WD Touring (NAV + RES) to a dealership in Long Isnad (Nassau), NY.
  • Options
    autexnautexn Member Posts: 1
    Where did you purchase? I live in Houston, and the best prices that I am seeing are $33,000.

Did you do your negotiations via email or in person?
  • Options
    maverixmaverix Member Posts: 21
    Can you pl give the details of that dealership in Northern NJ? That price you got includes destination right?

Thx
  • Options
    maverixmaverix Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2010
    The other night during prime time TV, there was a commercial for Honda that mentioned 0.9% for 60 months on 2010 modelsYes this is the same Mr Opportunity thing. Does anyone have inputs whether they honor it for 2011 Pilots? Pl throw in your feed back.
  • Options
    danceincloudsdanceinclouds Member Posts: 3
    Anybody bought or got offer on 2011 2WD Pilot Touring Price in Los angeles area recently? Please share it. Thank a million!
  • Options
    mightyjohnmightyjohn Member Posts: 10
    Hi Julian, Can you let me know which dealer you went to? Should I just speak with the fleet manager or internet sales? Thanks..
  • Options
    juliankryejuliankrye Member Posts: 52
    John, I used Route 23 Honda and worked with someone I knew there previously, initials AC. If you use him, please do mention my name for the price, $33,850 EX-L 4WD w/RES, includes destination. Best of luck, Julian