Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Armada

Comments

• Options
    twinbladesztwinbladesz Member Posts: 104
    Thats what I was thinking. Some frost over the sensors was all that was happening.
  • Options
    armadacaptnarmadacaptn Member Posts: 2
    Could the Armada use Capacitive Sensors?

Capacitive proximity switches can sense the position of non-metallic targets such as glass, plastic, and wood. They also sense metal because of the metal mass rather than sensing a galvanic response like Inductive Sensors. When a film of ice forms on the sensor it creates enough mass for the oscillating field to collapse and close the switch.

The Owners Manual says the system can't detect moving objects. Which leads me to think the sensors are capacitive. Ultrasonic sensors would have to have a transmitter and I think Ultrasonics can detect movement.
  • Options
    armadacaptnarmadacaptn Member Posts: 2
    My bad. Nissan lists the system as SONAR. So it has to be Ultrasonic and not capacitive.

Ultrasonics would give you the output to have the increasing tone tempo whereas a capacitive type just operates in open or closed state. The water or ice on the sensor would still register regardless of switch type.

Just when I thought I was on to something, there I go a'thinkin again. When will I ever learn?
  • Options
    cjs2002cjs2002 Member Posts: 341
    basically I'm just looking for a base model, nothing special. I live in Ohio. I have a ford explorer now, which is going to be transferd to my parents (they like it) and I'm thinking if I can pull it off depending on price (like to have leather package but will live with out it) if I cna't get into the PA with leather then the base is just fine which the bas price MSRP is about 33,350. if anyone knows of anyways that might help me get into one of these I'd mutch apriciate it. I'm also looking at leasing, buying or any other options that may help. My father owns his own business and I do some running around for him, so we're thinking I may be able to get it through the company and he can write off some of the expences as a company expense since the car would be used for the company on occasion.
  • Options
    bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    im in louisville, ky. the taxes work about the same in ohio and ky. looks like a base model bought at $32k will run about $34200 OTD, depending on fees. 60 months at 5% will put you in the $645/mo. range with $0 down.

a 39 month lease through NMAC will require about $1000 due at signing, and give you a payment of about $495/mo. at 12k miles per year.

on a purchase at 5%, each $1000 you go up will increase the payment by about $19/mo.

on the 39 month lease, each $1000 you go up in price will increase the payment by about $15/mo.
  • Options
    cjs2002cjs2002 Member Posts: 341
    I know if it goes through the company there our some beniits that can be had, but I'm not up to date on that to mutch. also as for financing my uncle is a VIP for a banking company in California, and said he can get us 0% financing if not then it will be something like 1.6% but still better than what I could get around here. also I know for a fact my father won;t let me pay MSRP, and I won't stand to pay MSRP, I'm not going to be doing anything till mid march so maybe by then I can work a little better deal. and if not, oh well I'll look for something else. (I'd even considerd buying an Armada used, one problem though... its too new to find used so thats not going to help here. I've also looked @ a 2003 Ford Expedition edie bauer. my uncle has this and its nice, butI like the Armada better.) if all turns sour, I'll most likely get my G35, but it'd be nice to have another SUV agian. (yeah I know big difference between armada and the G)
  • Options
    jomijomi Member Posts: 20
    I've had my PFA LE for a month now and up to now it's been great. I have the tech pkg, DVD player and conti tires and had not experienced any resonance or other sound issues. A few days ago I started to hear a loud and annoying squeaking noise as I drive over every little bump and ripple in the road. I have narrowed to down to the roof liner because I can put pressure on it with my hand and the squeaking stops. I wondering if this may be a sign of things to come and requires the fix that has been talked about on this site (TSB coming soon). I did have them replace the DVD screen because of a mark on the casing that couldn't be cleaned and they could have caused the roof liner to become loose. Has anyone else experienced this squeaking noise. It is definitely something you can't ignore, but it's not the resonance problem (yet).
  • Options
    nv32nv32 Member Posts: 35
    behind the mirror?

I looked at a PFA LE yesterday and at the inside top of the windshield, attached to it behind the mirror, is a semi-oval piece of lattice-like plastic or some other rubbery material. It might be some kind of sun screen? Or will they remove that during the PDI? Anybody know about this?
  • Options
    armada4wdarmada4wd Member Posts: 8
    Looks like I may be tempted to upgrade my 04 PFA SE Blizzard 4wd with: Journey package, Tow package for the PFA LE Blizzad 4wd, with Tech package and Sirius Sat radio (I'm not sure about the DVD System)

I'm trying to work on this very tempting issue because of the following handy LE upgrades:

Puddle Lights
    Fog Lights
    Memory Seats (2)=Driver entry/exit system (Good for my wife)
    Footwell Lights
    Power rear quarter windows
    Heated front seats
    Chrome Grille

With the following LE options:

-LE Tech Package
    -LE upgrade(Power lift gate and power passenger seats)
  • Options
    dboogiedboogie Member Posts: 71
    I was cleaning "The Mothership" (thats my LE 4x2's nickname) when I noticed that there was a footwell light for the front passenger, but there was not one for the driver! Is my vehicle missing one or does the LE come with ONLY a passenger side footwell light? If so, I find that VERY VERY VERY odd, when my '95 Mitsu Eclipse has them for both. Just curious.
  • Options
    tiggerguytiggerguy Member Posts: 76
    Geez, that's a good question! I swear mine does, I was just showing off the adjustable pedals last night, and had no problem seeing them- if it wasn't so frigging cold out (-2) I would go check!I'll post tomorrow and let you know! LOL
    ps- blew away a blonde beauty in a new Escalade on the double on ramp this morning, she didn't know what hit her =o) I haven't had this much fun with a vehicle since I was 17 =o)
  • Options
    llajumpvidllajumpvid Member Posts: 76
    has anyone added a Westin bull bar yet? If so how about a photo? Here's a link to what I'm looking at http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Bull%20Bars/westin_ultimate_bull- _bar-Nissan.htm
    My PFA LE w/2nd bench & tech pkg should be here within the next 45 days... if the dealer is telling me the truth about the turnaround time...going through some of the previous post I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting longer than that..but I'm already looking for some bling bling..:)
  • Options
    MINUS TWO DEGREES......brrrrrrrrrrr!!! By all means, wait until ya HAVE to go outside before ya check it out :O)
    Stomped on a Escalade huh, hehehehe. For some reason i find myself wanting to stomp on the "happy pedal" ALOT too..............and then i pass by a gas station and i come to my senses (bwahahahahahaha)
  • Options
    crazyeyescrazyeyes Member Posts: 15
    Anyone else try to change their own oil in their Armada?

The wife planned a last minute trip, and the oil needed changing, so I drove my Armada up on my trusty ramps and planned on a usual 10-15min timeframe.

I got underneath and said a few choice words while removing the 4 bolts that holds the panel just below the oil filter. I was in a hurry!! What was Nissan thinking when they did this. LOL

Anyway, aside from the annoying panel, it wasn't that bad --- a little more messy than would be expected. The little slide for the oil to drip down from the oil filter was amusing! And the oil filter was in a fairly tight spot compared to the myriad of other vehicles that I've changed oil on.

But, the bolts that they used to hold the panel in aren't the best and they strip quite easily.

On the advice of a friend at a local body shop who has a Nissan Frontier with a similar panel and the same bolts -- I picked up some 3/8" head by 3/4" long sheet metal screws at a local hardware store.

Sure enough, in my haste to put the panel back on, I stripped one and the replacement screw came in quite handy.

---
    Other thoughts -

Oil filter seems small - located in an awkward position -- covered by annoying panel --- putting bolts for panel back on are best done with small hands.
  • Options
    armada4wdarmada4wd Member Posts: 8
    Some trade in info on my SE 4wd with Journey Package and Big Tow package Paid MSRP.

What would be a fair trade in value? does $34,000.00 Trade-in make sense (It has 2k miles and is in mint condition)

Looking to upgrade to the PFA LE Fully loaded (Tech package and DVD)

Any advice?
  • Options
    Well, I HAD to go out in the cold....darn work....and YES, I do have a footwell light on the driver's side of my LE. Mebbe you got a bulb out??
  • Options
    Hey Tigg, I went outside last night with a flashlight and crawled under the dash..again! This time I found the darn light on the drivers side and sure enough the bulb is black as if its burned out already. I tried to remove the bulb from the socket but for the life of me i couldn't get it to budge. it was cold out and i gave up. I'm taking the truck to the service center on Wednesday to check out a problem i'm having with my drivers side rear passenger door and i'll tell them to replace the footwell light while they have it. Thanks a bunch Tigger for braving the elements and checking the light out for me!!
  • Options
    no problem =o)
  • Options
    kennyh28kennyh28 Member Posts: 6
    I've been considering the PFA for quite some time now and after some initial doubts because this is Nissan's first full-size SUV, I'm getting more convinced especially after following this post.

For owners who have had the PFA for several months now, how well the interior quality is coping? When I saw it at the dealership it didn't look as high quality to me compared to a Toyota but I am more interested in how it holds up than looks. Reading posts here, some have mentioned squeaks and rattles but is that common or unique? Squeaks and rattles drive me nuts!

Does the PFA feel as big as it looks to drive? I was comfortable with it during my short test drive, but I wonder if the realities of its size will bother me over time. Again comments from owners who have had the car for some time will be valuable.

How well is the PFA selling in so far as influencing price? I noticed Edmunds' TMV for "what others are paying" in my region (Seattle) is below MSRP. What has swayed me to considering the PFA in the first place is that the new model Toyotas are at MSRP and their huge profit margins bother me.
  • Options
    twinbladesztwinbladesz Member Posts: 104
    I've test driven the Armada an LE and an SE and it does not feel or drive as big as it looks. Then again I drive full size vans and Suburbans for a living so everything feels smaller lol. I had absolutely no problem parking it next to my own truck in the Nissan parking lot. Interior looks are so subjective but the post seem to show the squeaks and rattles arent that often.
  • Options
    Well, I can't answer the "interior quality holding up" portion of your question, as I've had my LE less than a week. But i can speak on the maneuverability part. I know you asked for more "seasoned" owners to speak on the maneuverability, but I feel if someone doesn't have any INITIAL size obstacles to overcome with the vehicle, they probably won't develop any later on. Here are my impressions on the vehicle. My other automobile is a Mitsubishi Eclipse.....when i get out of it and get into the Mothership (thats my Armada's nickname) naturally, the huge size diffence is the first thing I notice. HOWEVER, that huge size difference does NOT feel imposing or overpowering once I get behind the wheel and start to drive. It truly does drive smaller than its actual dimensions. The real test came when I wanted to park the thing. I wanted to see how well i could do backing up into a space. NO PROBLEM AT ALL...and this was between two other parked vehicles. As I backed up, the SONAR slowly started going off. I will say that since I've never backed up a vehicle this big, I wasn't 100% comfortable initially letting the SONAR gauge my distance, soooooo, i did get out of the truck after backing up a few feet to check the distance and everything was ok. I backed up a little more (SONAR beeping faster at this point), got out to check distance and was satisfied with this distance. Once I get more familiar with the correlation of the speed of the beeps and the remaining distance, I'm sure i won't need to get out and physically check. I have yet to parallel park though, and i think THAT will be my ultimate maneuverability test.
    In a nutshell.....the Armada LOOKS huge....but it definitely doesn't drive that way. I'm just as comfortably in it as I am in my 9 year old Eclipse. Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    I thought it went to a solid tone (no beeping) when you got to 12 inches from a solid object?
  • Options
    photoguy2photoguy2 Member Posts: 164
    Yes you are correct, solid tone at 12".
  • Options
    vmccaulvmccaul Member Posts: 27
    Well, I don't know how seasoned I am, but the PFAs are pretty new, so no real long term results yet. Have had our PFA LE 4WD for about a month, but have 2800 miles on it. So far we have had none of the squeaks or buffeting others have complained of. We do have a problem with wind noise from the sunroof when the shade is open. I am hoping a minor adjustment will fix that. We have had kids and Dogs in the PFA, so have not treated it with white gloves and it has held up pretty well so far. Have also driven in almost blizzard conditions and rough terrain (utilizing the 4wd) and it performed beautifully.

As for maneuverability. I feel very comfortable driving this around town. It is so responsive that I forget I'm driving a 6000lb plus vehicle around, I notice it is also very easy to exceed the speed limit in this thing...so watch your speed! I do look for a little bit larger parking spaces in parking lots, but have had no problems getting in or out. The Sonar does give you a little extra reassurance when backing. No problem parallel parking downtown, but again you do have to look for a bigger space, obviously.

So far, still very happy with the vehicle. Only thing that's painful is filling up the gas tank, but unfortunately that is reality with any large SUV.
  • Options
    auto9999auto9999 Member Posts: 86
    vmccail hit the nail on the head. I have not driven Armada yet but I can tell this trade off of joy of owning and driving a superior vehicle like Armada and its financial and psychological (and environmental) cost of gas consumption.

For this reason I long for the hybrid and other similar fuel efficient engines.
  • Options
    waynebrucewaynebruce Member Posts: 16
    Have had my Armada SE with Journey for a couple of days now and thought I'd share my observations. First, if I don't like something, I'll pan it...so not going to defend my purchase...i'm trying to be objective. That said here are my thoughts:

First thing: drivetrain. For me, buying the Armada was a no brainer!! How a car drives is very important to me and this thing rocks!! The engine is amazing....you can actually spin the rear wheels if you turn off the VDC!! It is super smooth and powerful. I though it would be a lot noisier, but happy to say it's actually no worse than a sequoia, and equal to a new Navigator, which I drove too. So you get amazing power and quickness. This thing does about 1500 rmp at 60 mph....amazing....that is lower than an old 98 Corvette I owned.

The driveability is just fine. I've never driven a big suv before and have had no issues. One thing i like to do on a car is quickly wiggle the steering wheel at around 30mph to see if you can get the car to shake a little. This represents to me how it will drive and handle...either sloppy like a bus or sharp like a sports car. Well i used to own a 2001 Lexus GS and can say this this truck tracks almost as well...ie you move the steering wheel and the direction changes...no boat like steering here. That was very important to me as I did not want sloppy handling. Also, the turning circle seems very tight for such a big truck....was making a tight turn into a parking lot and was expecting to have to stop and back up to get in, but the wheel kept turning and made it in no problem. Don't know the exact radius, but given it's size i'd say it's relatively better than my old GS!! Also drives much more like a car than a truck...just turn the wheel and it goes. Have had very little bouncing or swaying when going around a corner...very impressed!

As to interior, it is what i expected. Some of the plastics do seem a bit cheap, but this is no Lexus and it is priced accordingly. I have a sunroof, and have had heard no resonance issues at all. The Bose stereo is mixed: FM does not sound very good at all, but if you listen to CD's or mp3's via the aux jack, it rocks. Turn it up enough and your ears will begin to hurt!! Very little distortion in my opinion. The seats are still a bit of a mystery to me: is the dimpled section in the middle really leather or is it vinyl?? Not sure, but they are comfortable. Only problem I've had is that the rear sonar was locked "on" (ie solid tone as if something was in the way) when it was delivered. I read that this could be weather/ice related. It has since "unlocked" and is working properly, but I will keep an eye on this.

Overall, am very happy with my Armada. Every time I step on the gas I'm glad I bought it. While interior quality could be better, there is not one competitor that has a drive train as good as the Armada....5.6 litres, 32 valves and smooth as silk!! No vibrations even when u get near 6000 rpms (did that on the demo model!!!). If your thinking of buying this truck, do it...you won't regret the decision!! Longer term we'll see, but for now I'm a happy camper!!
  • Options
    Has anyone looked into putting a Nav in their non-Nav Armada?? I'd like to put the screen on the top of dash like the factory nav. I don't want to change the front of dash...ie where the original radio/cd controls are. Will the bose radio impact the installation?? I know Kenwood and Pioneer make nav systems with touch screens...ie you put the screen in dash and nav unit under a seat or in back. I think this would be the cleanest install. Any thoughts out there???
  • Options
    I have only had my LE for about 4 weeks, but can say that after 1000 miles ( I hated seeing that number roll over)everything is as silent as when I started, and with the New England potholes, I think that it saying something. I have parents who have owned an auto upholstery shop for 35 years, so I know what leatherlooks like, the middle actually had me baffled for a while, but I really believe it is leather(now someone's gonna prove me wrong LOL)all the side bands, armrests, backs (everything you do not sit on)are vinyl.Unless you get into a mid size benz or equivalent, there is no such thing as a full leather interior.
    As far as handling goes, I went from an extended cab pickup to this, so I fell like i'm in a go cart! I feel it's the best riding, maneuvering, and handling large SUV out there, bar none. I can't wait to go out and play in the snowstorm tonight!
  • Options
    cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    I read from local news report (sorry, cannot post the link. This post would get deleted if I do.) that most Japanese and American makers DO NOT use complete leather in the supposedly leather interior. Most seats have leather only on the surface that the body touches (excluding armrests, which are vinyl). This includes Lexus, Acura, Infiniti, not mentioning US makers. They call this "leather-trimmed interior", "leather-appointed interior", "leather seating suface", etc. Marketing terms to "deceive" you.

Only few makers actually use 100% leather in their so-called leather interior. BMW and Benz are ones that have 100% leather in their leather interior. Other makers were not named.

One example being the Acura MDX's 3rd row seat, which is completely vinyl.

Just FYI. Simple recap from my top of my head.
  • Options
    auto9999auto9999 Member Posts: 86
    Thank you, ceric, for your post. I found your post extremely informative and educational. That's why my Sequoia and Trailblazer have rips on the side of driver seats.
  • Options
    I too am thinking of doing the same thing, not only for the touch screen, but also Kenwood or Alpine (depending on whether I get XM or Sirius and pending a closer check on exactly what they have and at what price), for the voice-activated technology, many more "points of interest", etc. Either Alpine or Kenwood, or maybe both, offer a screen that is hidden and then unfolds out to the vertical, and can be tilted left/right, up/down, that I think would be perfect for the Armada (or Infiniti QX56) layout, though I haven't checked into this very thoroughly yet. I hope you keep us up to date on what you find, and I'll do likewise. Like most everything else put on cars and trucks, the nav systems are not usually top of the line, cutting edge technology. Xanavis makes a very good system for Nissan/Infinity that beats a lot of those offered by other car makers, but the Alpine (on Acura) is, IMHO, quite a bit better, and even that is not the best Alpine makes. Kenwood apparently supplies only aftermarket units.

As you may know, Kenwood works with Sirius, and Alpine with XM.
  • Options
    dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    comes with the DVD based Nissan/Infiniti NAV as standard equipment?
  • Options
    I have not looked at Alpine unit yet, but i know they are very good too. What I am looking to do is put the touchscreen control unit exactly in the same spot as the screen is for the factory nav. I don't want to touch anything on the face of the dash, ie where the radio controls, cd input is. I know Kenwood makes a unit with a touchscreen input device. The Kenwood unit is the same as in Lexus cars...though as you say it has many more bells and whistles, such as voice control. I have to look at the Alpine unit. What i have to find out is if you can do a "clean" install on the top of dash...given that stock nav screen is there I'm guessing you can. Here is the link to the Kenwood unit I'm thinking of:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/excelon/excelonNav.jsp

I've seen both the headunit/touchscreen and the dvd controller unit for about $1700 online. Next step will be to visit an install shop and discuss if it could be done nicely. Keep me posted on what you find out too!!
  • Options
    galvanggalvang Member Posts: 156
    I have an LE 4x4 with a tech package and a Nissan NAV. The problem with putting in a after market NAV is that the Nissan NAV controls some of the electronics in the SUV. The nissan NAV is interactive with the PFA. Though after market NAV may seem a cheap way to go, you will loose interactive functionality with the PFA.
  • Options
    While the Nissan/Infiniti Nav is ok, it is not nearly as good as aftermarket systems, or even those on Toyota/Lexus or Honda/Acura. I have used that nav system, and my biggest gripe was the joystick input and the lack of ability to sort the POI's as a function of distance (ie show me all the closest fast food restaurants). You are right...if you have an LE and try to remove the NAV, you will mess up some of the functions that are built into the nav, such as radio/hvac displays. But since I have an SE, I don't have this problem!! Would have just bought the nav from nissan, but can't get it on an SE!!! And as to cost, not really going to save anything since the nav unit + touchscreen is going to run upwards of $1700!!! Thougt of getting a portable, but the only one that i've found that doesn't require you to download maps (Magellan 700) is about $1000 and not nearly as good as the kenwood i've been eyeing!!
  • Options
    waynebruce, can you send the dimensions of that top, semi-enclosed deck where the monitor would be installed please? I want to talk to the installer at Universal (a chain like Circuit City and Best Buy for those who might not know them) tomorrow or Friday about this, and find out their recommendations. If you could, I would like the inside width and front-to-back depth, as well as the height at the highest part, nearest the windshield. Thanks.
  • Options
    In my last post I mentioned the electronics chain store Universal.

The correct name is Ultimate.
  • Options
    sub9904sub9904 Member Posts: 72
    Does anyone know if the Tow Package includes a transmission cooler? I know it has a temp. gauge but I can't find anything on the Nissan website that mentions trannie cooler. Thanks.
  • Options
    The tow package does include a transmission temperature gauge in the instrumentation....I have it on my SE!!! I don't think there is an actual transmission cooler though, but not sure!!
  • Options
    cericceric Member Posts: 1,092
    Cannot find it on the manual either. No where does it mention the word "cooler" in the manual. My guess is that it doesn't. Otherwise, Nissan would have bragged about it.
  • Options
    With all the chrome on my Armada LE (I'm specifically concerned about the chrome on the grill, bumber and outside mirrors), I'd hate to see it damaged from rock chips and other road debris. Does anyone know if having Clear Bra installed on the chrome will help protect it from damage? I've never heard of anyway installing it over chrome and i'm not even sure if it will work. Any other suggestions for protecting the chrome against damage??

All replies greatly appreciated
  • Options
    jomijomi Member Posts: 20
    I have the product guide provided to dealers to help sell the Armada and it specifically states there is a "transmission oil cooler". It desribes it as "Cooler helps maintain correct transmission oil tempature to preserve its lubricating qualities".
  • Options
    chuntmdchuntmd Member Posts: 17
    I've got two quotes from installers that use the 3M paint protection film. To to the total front area of the Armada + mirrors + door edges is around $1000 installed. Have you ever looked at the rear wiper blade? See where the ends touch the paint? See the clear film?
  • Options
    sub9904sub9904 Member Posts: 72
    Thanks for that. I was planning on swinging by the dealer Sat. to take a look. Should be easy enough to see if it's there.
  • Options
    scott174scott174 Member Posts: 74
    Well, here I am, still waiting for the TSB to come out about the resonance issue. I have been in contact with the Dealers, 1-800-NISSAN1, and even the Canton Miss factory with no avail. They all say to bring it to the Dealer which has no answer!!!! Very frustrating!!!Anyone have their Head liner removed for addition of the adhesive that reduces the noise?? Let me have your Dealers name and phone number. Thank you
  • Options
    btill1btill1 Member Posts: 69
    I just got back from my dealer and apparently my moonroof was out of alignment by about 1/2 inch, this was causing a loud wind noise as well as a rattle, with the adjustment it seems to be cured. I also had the dealer install the front splash guards not as nice as the rear ones, the front bug deflector, moonroof deflector, I also purchased an extra roof crossbar the parts were about $260 and it was $118 to install them.
  • Options
    laz3laz3 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought my Armada SE three weeks ago, and loving it. Nothing out there compares. Anyway, my only gripe is that the heater/ac system is too load, even at it's lowest setting. Very annoying. Anybody else experiencing this, or is it just my truck?

No problem with resonance, but then, I don't have a sunroof. The only problem I've had, and will be taking it to the dealer soon, is that the drivers power window will not roll up if I try the auto up function. It takes me a few times to get it to roll up.

Will be taking the family to Florida this summer on vacation, so I can't wait. Getting an after market DVD headrest system installed tomorrow to keep the kids occupied.
  • Options
    soldaustinsoldaustin Member Posts: 91
    I noticed the same thing. I bought one and my friend bought one and both are the same. The lowest setting is pretty loud. If you press the recirculate button on the fan switch it does quieten it down a bit. I have some other issues I have to go in for. I now have 4,200 miles on mine. I just recently heard the roof noise slightly and have heard it a few times since. I could live with it as it isn't something that would bother you. My front brake rotors are so bad out of whack that the steering wheel jumps badly when I stop. Rattle in dash around the steering wheel that has been there since day 1, (was still there when I picked up my vehicle when I was told it was found and fixed!) also there is some sort of weird sound that comes from under the hood at different times sorta like the fan hitting. I got out today and heard it outside and then it stops. Maybe the electric fan has a problem or is hitting something. I need to look at that. Also the overhead console was broken when I bought the vehicle (screw too tight) but the replacement one still hasn't come in yet. Backordered I am told. How can it be backordered if they are building these things daily??

Besides these things that have built up I do love the truck. I know any vehicle can have problems so will be patient. The brakes just reached a point that I have to take it in. I also read on here about someone else having the same brake problem. One thing to keep in mind was over 2,000 of my 4,200 miles was on a long trip with very little stopping and starting. My Isuzu Trooper didn't get brakes until 92k miles and they weren't worn out then so I am easy on brakes. I see grooves in the rotors, not bad but there. I know they will probably want to turn the rotors and I will have to wait and see I guess but if so I won't be happy with that. There is an underlying problem.

I am still waiting on someone to find the cable for the x/m! It would just make it easier to install if the cable were already run. I think I will call the factory and ask them. If the cable is there like others have posted (plugged into the radio already) then they have to know where it goes. Sorry for the long post.
  • Options
    kennyh28kennyh28 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks much for your responses on this subject. This weekend is it...I am going down to the dealer and having a closer look and a longer drive. Any tips on what I should look out for?

I hope to be able to make a clear objective assessment if it's for me but I'm sure there will be pressure from the salesman!

I saw in another post on the QX56 that the Armada's are now selling at invoice. Is that true in all regions now?
  • Options
    In an earlier post I asked the same question about the heater noise....mine is loud too. I had the dealer look at it to see if there was something "wrong". They told me that the blower motor resistor was making noise because a foam gasket was not in place. They got a piece foam and placed it where the gasket should've been and said it fixed the problem. Wellll, first off, i don't know what the heck a blower motor resistor is, but their "fix" did seem lessen the noise some. I still think the heater overall is a bit too loud. Before I left the dealer I asked could i listen to the heater in another Armada. The salesman said it was cool. I listened to the hearter in each of the 10 Armadas they had on the lot..they all sounded the same. Loud. I guess thats just the way they are designed. The noise isn't a BIG deal for me I just wish it was a little quieter....in the week i've had my LE, i've already gotten use to the sound. No biggie.