Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Mazda6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mad_puppymad_puppy Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how I can get this:

$1000 Cash to Customer start: 03/03/2004 end: 07/05/2004 Get Dealer Pricing

Restrictions Must not have purchased a new Mazda, Ford, Lincoln or Mercury in the past 4 (four) years.
    Comments Customer required to show a copy of the Direct Mail Certificate. At least one Direct Mail Certificate is required for redemption per purchase/lease. A copy of the Direct Mail Certificate. At least one Direct Mail Certificate is required for redemption per purchase/lease. Incentives may vary; contact your local dealer for details.
  • prionaceprionace Member Posts: 8
    I was quite pleased with my buying experience even though the car I ended up with was about as far from my original idea of what I wanted to get for a Mazda 6i. About the only thing that stayed the same (or constant) was the color, Lapis Blue Metallic (and lemme tell you, that color isn't done anywhere near justice on the Mazda.com site where you get to see what cars look like in different colors).

It was a Mazda 6i with the following options:

CE1: Ultra Low Emissions package for California and Northeast (since I live in Massachusetts)
    Sport package 1 (the one with the spoiler)
    Sport grille
    Autodimming compass mirror
    17" Alloy Wheels
    Aluminum Fuel Door

Of the options, the only ones I'd even considered beforehand was the Sport Package and the Sport Grille, and those weren't on my final 'preferred version' of the vehicle which was also an automatic, but mainly because I couldn't seem to find any manual transmissions in the area.

Anyhow, I test drove it, realized I didn't really need the extras I was looking at, and took it home for $19,750 before rebate. The internet manager said their policy was to sell a car for $100 over invoice. Edmunds says that invoice is $19,433 for the car but I decided not to quibble since that was still almost $400 under true market value. After rebate, I paid $18,250 plus taxes, registration (only $100 since I transferred plates). My credit rating isn't all that good so I went in with a 7.5%, 6 year loan pre-approved, and they got me one for 6.99% after giving a $1000 downpayment (which I planned on anyhow). That saves me $2000 over the life of the loan, and I don't plan on it being the same that whole time since I can refinance when my credit gets better. I'd say using Edmunds, plus advice of getting a pre-approval first saved me about $2500 to $3000, and that's before factoring in the $1500 rebate. ;)
  • iwantonetooiwantonetoo Member Posts: 86
    I'm in MA too. Which dealer did you purchase from?
    Wellesley Mazda was where I bought it from, but I went through their internet manager by asking for quotes through Edmunds. I told em that they owed Edmunds a thank you card since I picked a Mazda 6 mainly on the strength of the reviews and long term test here, and then test drove the dealerships with the "Ask for Quotes" feature.
  • manavimanavi Member Posts: 150
    There's actually an option for an aluminum fuel door? Is that a big selling point on the Mazda 6?
    The actual option is called an "Aluminum Fuel Filler Door (Bright Chrome)".

My first reaction was that I was glad they left me the original fuel door in case it didn't grow on me, but it's done so and I think the original will just be left in its box.

Of course, now I'm getting "You need to change your image..." comments from folks at work since I'm a sweatshirt, t-shirt and jeans kinda guy. ;)
  • gerriberrigerriberri Member Posts: 44
    Hi Everyone,
    Am investigating either the Mazda 6i (automatic), in the Lake Worth,FL area for my mother,(all via internet and phone, as I live in NYC). Please let me know if this is a fair offer and if not, where should the price be? All I really want is the base model with ABS and apparently that opens up a can of worms since if you want the automatic you have to get a certain package, which leads to another package etc.. very confusing... should I just stick to buying the Camry XLE (so I dont have to worry about all the options and what might be available when I need it??)

The car quoted has the following options:
        Invoice Price of -$20,376.00 MSRP $22190.00
    AT1-$740.00 ($850.00)
    1AP-$640.00 ($800.00)
    PW5-$240.00 ($300.00)
    AB4-$320.00 ($400.00)
    CGN-$30.00 ($40.00)
    WLK-$24.00 ($30.00)
    AW3-$320.00 ($400.00)

He broke it down:
    $20,376.00
    $786.00 (dealer fee)
    --------
    $21162.00
    $1269.72 (6% FL tax)
    ---------
    Total $22431.72

TOTAL COST (OTD) $22431.72 plus tag $225.00 = $22656.72
    then of course, minus either rebate or financing option.

Problem is, my mother's lease is over May 13th, and I am afraid that when I go to Florida to finalize this deal, they will tell me only a car with more expensive options will be available and then I am screwed. Any suggestions? As you can see, this is very confusing for me.. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help!
    Gerri
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    I also was looking for Mazda6 in FL. You have to go looking at many dealers and do comparisons because the price diff. can be huge. Try Palm Beach Mazda gerriberri.
    Eric,

Since you are looking as well, get in touch with Accardi Mazda.. I have been speaking with Scott Ross and I so far have felt he has been fair and up front with me. He's in the internet dept. Let me know what you find and if there is anyone you have gotten a fair deal with. I also spoke to Delray Mazda who insisted that you have to pay an etch fee, then lo and behold after telling her several times I didnt want it, now she is able to go to the "manager" so she wont lose the deal.. Not how I like to do business!
    Good luck!
    Gerri
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    worry about the "out the door" pricing....who cares if there is a vin etch fee or whatever fee if the overall price is what makes you happy. I have seen people worry about everything but the total price they are paying. They end up paying more than the guy who watches the bottom line.. If the dealer makes you feel good about the purchase and the "out the door" price is better than the other guy up the road, do you care if you got vin etch or deer whistles? Keep your eye on the bottom line not the shell game above the bottom line.
    Gerri,

I already bought the car 3 weeks ago. I went to palm beach mazda and they gave me the best price,no haggling. I went at the end of the month and they gave me a great deal. I also found the veh. etching to be a waste considering you can buy the kit for $20. See post #569. You also might want to consider the Mazda6s, because a lot of the features you are looking for come standard with that model. Good Luck.
  • iwantonetooiwantonetoo Member Posts: 86
    What was the title/documention fee at Wellesley Mazda?
  • spider07spider07 Member Posts: 4
    Gerriberri, Fly into Jackson ms, take a 40 min ride over to Meridian ms and go to sunbelt mazda. I live 90 miles from there, made one phone call to Terry Bluuk and had my car with exactly what i wanted, Silver Mazda 6I with sports packate out the door for 19,500, within 4 days. Call ahead, he will get the exact car u want and give u a great deal. Then u can drive it to FL.. of course You may keep the car for yourself after that :)
    Why would gerri want to fly to MS to get a car? She is in FL, where there is just as many deals around. You just have to find them.
    I wish it were so easy because it sounds as if you got a great deal, but ericzoom is right.. much too difficult... plus I actually live in New York, and am buying it for my mother who is in Florida..but thanks for trying to help anyway!!
  • akumazakumaz Member Posts: 65
    I saw a 2003 6i at my local Mazda dealership a few days ago. It was an automatic with ABS/TCS and side air bags, along with the premium package. Yesterday, I went to test-drive it, and found that it had approximately 6,600 miles. The sticker was $21,670, but they were advertising it (after rebates) for $17,611 with the remainder of the warranty on it.

Now that seems like a high price, doesn't it? Especially for something with 6,600 miles! I love the car (Steel Grey with clean lines) but I'm wondering what would be a good price would be out the door. Any suggestions?

Also, I would be trading in a car (2003 VW Golf) that is KBB valued around $11-12K. I guess I would have negative equity right now, but I've been wanting the 6 for years. Would it be worth it to trade in at this point, or should I wait another year or so to get better equity (and hold out for a 2004/05)?
  • rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    I've always believed that demos are the worst option at a dealer. They won't or can't price the car like the used vehicle it is, so you end up paying roughly new car prices for what is actually used. I agree with you that $17.6 on the 6i you mentioned seems steep. You can get 4 grand off the sticker of any new 03 still on the lot just pricing it at invoice minus rebate. In fact, you wouldn't be far from that on an '04. That is the direction I'd go.
  • likaglovlikaglov Member Posts: 82
    Anybody familiar with the terms of an additional $500 rebate if financed through Mazda American Credit? Our local dealer advertised $2000 combined rebate ($1500 customer cash plus this $500) and a decent rate on a Mazda6i. Of course, I'm lookig at a 6s and the sales person I talked to on the phone was less than helpful in explaining it...

What is the minimum term, amount, etc. Any special rules? Obviously one has to qualify, but assuming that... Can I take the extra rebate, then pay off the loan the next week/month?
  • mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    This could be a dealer incentive, the kind they don't like to talk about. Maybe Rich can help out with this one, but we'll understand if he doesn't want to go there. ;)

I wonder if it's good on the 5-door, 6i or 6s?
  • likaglovlikaglov Member Posts: 82
    Can anyone confirm the S-plan base price of a Mazda-6s (not including options and destination)? The Ford Partner site says 19672, the dealer says 19851. The car is being transferred from another dealer, so I have not seen the invoice (where it is supposed to be printed). Not that the 179 is a deal breaker, I just don't trust my salesman.

Thanks in advance!
  • jeffm2jeffm2 Member Posts: 16
    Why would you do business with someone you dont trust?
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    I wouldn't trust my own father that I love dearly if he were a salesman!
    So anyone will do, just do your homework and be carefull.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Trust but verify is an excellent slogan.

Not all sales folks are not to be trusted - we have some very good friends who sell cars hanging out here in the Town Hall for no other reason but to be helpful.

In any case, let's talk about who has paid what for a Mazda6 lately, and how the purchasing experience transpired.

:)
  • baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    Are you sure you're not missing some small items like floor mats or wheel locks when adding up the S-Plan price? I did the same thing a few times and it drove me nuts! The difference is usually small but can be confusing.
    funny...after being in retail for 20 years we have the same saying about customers...

"customers are all the same.." blah, blah, blah
    "Buyers are liers". ;)

On the other side:
    Q: How do you know when a salesman is lying?
    A: His lips are moving.

Gotta keep the sense of humor here, you know.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    It's also a good idea to stick to the topic. :-)
    What can you tell us about the $500 customer incentive for using Mazda financing? I saw something on TV about it, something like "$500 rebate when you use Mazda financing", but the Mazda web site doesn't mention it.
  • cheesehead6cheesehead6 Member Posts: 68
    I too would like to hear what Rich has to say, but it sounds very much to me like the incentive now on offer: $500 rebate, use Mazda financing (and you get 2.9%).

If it's an *additional* offer, viz. $2000 cash ($1500+500) and use Mazda finance things would assume a different aspect. That's what sounds too good to be true. But if true, then one would like to know what % rate Mazda offers if you sign on with them. If at 2.9%, it would indeed be a deal, almost miraculous. But this is even more unlikely to be true. Still, I'd like to be shown to be wrong.
    there is $500 customer cash, on top of any other incentives if the deal is financed thru mazda credit only. This is good for any new 2003/2004 mazda product except the miata speed...It even works with the 0%...the program is valid thru the end of the month. Mazda credit incentives are usually not renewed like mazda's regular incentives.
    I'm pleased to be wrong.
    Thanks again Rich.

Now I wonder if my local dealer is getting in that car before the end of the month.
    I think it might be time to change my username... :)
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    if you are a true Packer's fan..:)

audia8q, no personal offense meant, maybe I was just unlucky having run into a few bad apples.:)
    I've been gone from WI for 20+ years, but will be a Packers fan on the day I die.

Now what was our topic? Oh yeah, I think it was "Mazda6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". I stopped by my local Mazda dealer on my daily bike ride. By chance, the manager was just leaving and walked over to ask me if I had any questions. I didn't think of it, but I should have asked about the $500 incentive for buyers using Mazda financing, just to see if he would tell me about it without having to ask 3 or 4 times. :)

Only two 5-door units on the lot, Red with MT and Silver with AT, both 's' models with Black leather.
  • pazakpazak Member Posts: 16
    I think the $500 cutomer cash is foolproof. I just bought my 6 last week and all the dealers were offering me this rebate that I didn't know anything about. When it came dealtime I had to fill out a form and sign it to get the rebate. If they can't hide it in the deal, then it's in their interest to put it up front. 0% financing and a $500 rebate is real, at least in Chicagoland.
  • edbocedboc Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking at a 05 5-Speed S Cloth Steel Gray Metallic for $19563 at Quirk in Quincy, MA. They have the same car in Norwood at Mazda Gallery. What can I talk down to? That's with $3000 cash rebates. I think the documentation fee at Quirk is $299 and it's $199 at Mazda Gallery.
  • matsuipmatsuip Member Posts: 1
    I've spent the last day or two geting quotes via email from a few different dealers in the Baltimore/Washington DC area. I'd like to see what the board thinks of this pricing - I think it's a good deal, so I'll probably pull the trigger Monday morning, but thought I'd solicit some opinions from the group to get some piece of mind. This is what I'm looking at:

2004 Mazda6 s sedan
    Manual transmission
    Blazing Copper Metallic
    Sport pkg w/ rear spoiler
    Bose audio pkg
    Luxury pkg
    Moonroof
    Side air bags
    Compass/Autodim/Homelink mirror
    Sport grille
    Wheel locks

The price a couple of dealers have quoted me is just a tad over $22,500 - this includes the $1500 rebate, but is before the $500 financing rebate (if I go that route). What does everyone think? Many thanks to all who respond.

(BTW, I actually was in the market for that exact car without the Autodim mirror, sport grille or wheel locks, but that's what the dealer closest to me has.)

Thanks!

Paul
    I bought my car about 1 month ago in FL. I paid a decent amount less then you were considering. If I were you I would keep looking around. I realize some areas have different prices and incentives,but I would keep going. I paid for my car 22,500 plus 6% tax.I have a 2004 Mazda6S with

Sport Package w spoiler
     Luxury Package
     Bose Audio
     Automatic
     side airbags
     Moonroof
     cassette deck
     wheel locks
     cargo net
     1st oil change free w touch up paint
  • hboydhboyd Member Posts: 98
    Did the 6s Sport Wagon price change again?
    Kelly Blue Book has MSRP base inc/destination at $22,745 effective 2-13-2004; Now Mazda's website has the base inc/destination at $23,125; What gives? Was an optional feature made standard or is MNAO pricing the vehicle competitively in the market?

MARTIN
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Just a guess. The differance may be for tougher emission control
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    I am interested in the Wagon version. Anyone had a good deal on it yet? I checked the Mazda site inventory and found that each dealer has average only 2 wagons available in the Boston area. Because of tight inventory I think dealers won't lower down the price much.
    mazda pulled the 0% financing for 60months on the MZ6 sedan and now only offer it for 36 months. Additionally the $500 rebate for financing with mazda credit which was compatible with the 0% has not been continued.

The reason for the pullback was simple...they have sold out build space and dealers will not get any MZ6 sedans above and beyond earned allocations.

All mazda6 versions now have 0% for 36 months, 1.9% for 48 months and 2.9% for 60 months.
    Have a sedan on order since Jan. Not here yet, so I lost on the zero, I guess.

But Rich, have the $1500 cash incentives for April changed? And if not, can they be combined with the 2.9% for 60 mos.? $1500 combined with 2.9% ain't too bad. Or don't the dealers know quite yet?
  • carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    is having increasing demand for the 6 this year. The rebates last year were like 2500 dollars cash back on 6's. Now its 1500 dollars cash back. Thats a difference of 1,000 dollars Mazda saves on giving incentives for the 6 from last year to this year. Saving 1,000 dollars on each 6 Mazda sells is actually alot when you multiply it by say 4,000-5,000 units a month in terms of profit margins made on a vehicle. Thats 1,000 dollars Mazda doesn't have to give away. Its all about supply and demand of a particular model that determines the amount of incentives thats given out. I guess with Mazda reducing financing incentives now like Audia8q posted before demand for the 6 is pretty good.
    I wasnt refering to you about the snoozing part....just those who were on the fence about pulling the trigger on an instock car last month.....There is no longer a consumer rebate on the MZ6...it was switched to $1500 dealer cash, so the consumer may or may not be able to haggle it...depends on the generosity of the dealer. But the dealer does not get the dealer cash if the consumer takes the 2.9%
    Rich:

Let's see if I've got it straight: No customer cash, instead $1500 negotiable dealer cash OR 2.9%.

Since the dealer loses the $1500 the minute the customer says give me 2.9%, it seems to me he should be willing to give it to the customer upon demand. If he doesn't, he gets nothing. If he does, he also gets nothing. The only difference is that he makes a customer happy. Why wouldn't they give it to the customer? Have I got this right?
  • rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    It's spring, the tax refund checks are on the way ... time for the manufacturers and dealers to make a little $$$, right , Rich! :-)