Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Nissan Murano Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Options
    wildbill1wildbill1 Member Posts: 1
    I have 58k miles on my 2003 Murano. Brake and battery light came on and I called the Dealer who said it usually meant alternator problem. I had about 200 miles to get home and both lights initially came on then off--then stayed on for the last 50 miles or so. I was surprised to see all the alternator problems. Geez.
  • Options
    tinycadontinycadon Member Posts: 287
    Has anyone had an issue of a loud poping sound from the steering column when turning the wheel from a dead stop, like pulling away from a sidewalk or parallel parking? I know I'm eventually going to have to go back to the dealer to take care of the problem, I'd just like to know before hand what this could be and if it's a problem in a lot of Muranos? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    gerapaugerapau Member Posts: 211
    tinycadon, I just started having the same problem a week or so ago. Only occurs at very low speeds or when stopped. If you get it diagnosed let me know what it is. I'll try to get in over the next week or so to have it looked at.
  • Options
    tinycadontinycadon Member Posts: 287
    sounds good (maybe not), I'll keep you posted if I can get a chance to bring it to the dealer.
  • Options
    horsinroundhorsinround Member Posts: 9
    I recently bought a 2004 SL AWD Murano. Thought I had a rattlesnake in the drive the other day, scared the **** out of me... but upon closer inspection it turned out to be my AC dripping on the hot exhaust. :blush:

Does anyone else's AC drip on the hot exhaust when parked on an incline? I live in Western PA, very hilly, almost always parked on a slope (including my own driveway). Anyone know if I should be worried about corrosion in years to come because of this? I'd feel better if I know other people's Muranos do it too! None of my other cars have ever done this.

PS- yes we do have rattlesnakes in PA!
  • Options
    pdbettypdbetty Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2004 Murano SL which I purchased new 11/2003 and have a list of issues with this vehicle.
    Issue #1: I, too, have been having this LOUD popping sound when I turn the wheel from a stand still position or very slow moving turn. I took it to the dealer back at 18k miles and they told me that that was the safety stop for the steering so that the wheel is never turned to hard and they said they oiled and greased it. This never helped. I find that BULL! It seems to be happening more frequently any time I turn the wheel the least bit when standing still now at 29k miles.
    Issue #2: Just this week, I was unable to get it into any gear when I started it up and the VDC off light was illuminated on the dashboard. I looked at the manual and it told me that I could stick something down into the shift lock space near the shifter and that would release the shifter. Well, I used a screwdriver to get into any gear over the entire weekend planning to take it into the dealer on Monday. By the end of the weekend, I noticed that the vehicle was losing power, especially from a complete stop...I thought it was going to just die.
    Got it into the dealer and $85 later was told that it had to do with a blown fuse (which they told me was the in-correct size fuse - 30amp - blaming it on the tow hitch harness that my husband put in) and the electrical system was shutting down because of this. The interesting thing is that my husband completely denies putting in a 30amp fuse "why on earth would I put a 30amp fuse in for a simple trailer hitch, not to mention, a 10amp fuse was provided with the tow hitch installation package!" Now, if anything happens with the transmission, electrical, alternator, etc...I believe they will try and blame it on the effects of that 30amp fuse that they LIED about in the first place! I do not trust them at all.
    Issue #3: Back at 18k miles I took the MO in for a sqeaking in the front which was going on since ~ 10k miles and they told me that I needed a brake cleaning which would cost me $250. That's outrageous! I have never had to have a $250 brake cleaning job on any of my new vehicles, especially at 10 - 15k miles. BTW...I don't ever drive on dirt roads, as they suggested. Now since I did not have this done and it was recommended and my MO is squeaking louder now at 29k miles and will probably get worse, if a problem results...they can say that I did not follow their recommendation.
    Issue #4: On a few occasions, I have been unable to open the gas tank door after trying everything. Finally, I would have to pry it open with something. Not sure what that's about?
    Issue #5: That CVT transmission concerns me, I always feel a vibration in the pedals, it's making louder and louder noise and it seems like it's getting sluggish over time.
    Issue #6: The interior leather is cheap for a $40K vehicle and cracks even though I treat it all of the time with Armor All.
    I could go on, but I won't.
    I just don't trust this vehicle or the dealer. My other new vehicles never were a problem and I drove them up to 70k miles.
    I Thank anyone in advance for sharing their stories/issues with the MO and may have insight as to the problems that I've been having.
    PDB

:lemon:
  • Options
    horsinroundhorsinround Member Posts: 9
    gwhitso... hope you still check this forum...

I am just reading through all of the posts to learn as much about what I should expect from my new Murano. Did you ever resolve this issue? I have a theory, but need some more info- how big are the spots? What part of the country do you live in?
  • Options
    chivazochivazo Member Posts: 6
    I had the same problem with the door locking up on me after exiting leaving the keys inside. I corrected the problem by re-configuring the computer. There is a feature in the settings where you will need to turn off the auto locking. My settings were to autolock after 5 min! Good luck
  • Options
    dgwmu95dgwmu95 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 05 SL AWD with the Rear DVD Player. I notice when the DVD player is on, I can't listen to the AM stations on the radios, all static.

Anyone have the same problem??

What is the solution.
  • Options
    testdriveittestdriveit Member Posts: 1
    I too have the same whirring, self-actuating-type noise in my Murano. To cause it to occur, I turn the key as if to start and then hear the noise. If I continue turning the key, it cranks just fine. Also, after the car has been turned on, if I turn the car off, I hear the same whirring noise for about 2-3 seconds and then it stops. The noise comes from the passenger side under the hood. I have taken it to two dealers and they say it is normal. Well if so, then do ALL Muranos do that? I know the answer is no. Also, it didn't make the noise until after about 10K miles. Appreciate any insights. Cheers!
  • Options
    troydrivin2troydrivin2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi J White. I have a very similar problem with my Murano. After the car warms up it won't take off from a complete stop without pressing the gas pedal all the way. Then it takes off slowly at first. I’ve tried different variations (pumping the pedal, pressing a small amount, flooring it right from the start) to no avail. Of course this creates a huge safety issue when trying to pull out into moving traffic. The worst thing I experienced was stop and go traffic on the freeway where I only had one or two car lengths and the Murano would not move, then would take off like a bat out of hell when I was just trying to “idle” forward. I have had the vehicle into the Nissan dealership 4 times for this problem, and they tell me there is nothing wrong. So we keep driving... and last weekend we were driving through the desert with the A/C on, and the cruise set at 75 on level ground and the Murano just starts slowing down... no RPM increase from the cruise control, nothing. Then the cruise shuts off, and the car could barely maintain 70 miles an hour even with the gas pedal all the way to the floor.

At first I suspected it was the Throttle Position Sensor, but after spending the weekend with it acting up ALL THE TIME, I suspect it is more complicated, possibly a fuel delivery issue. Plus when the car is cold, it works great, when it is warm the symptoms are minimal, when it is HOT, it is really bad. I am taking it in to Nissan again this week, and we'll see if they can find the problem. Hope this helpe Nissan realize customers will be leaving for other brands if this type of thing continues unchecked, and I hope it helps prospective buyers make the right decision.
  • Options
    achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65
    I have had my Murano since 2/03 and have had only to change out the cd player since owning the car. Had some rattles initially but they seemed to have gone away...I have been on a trip to NJ from VA a few weeks back with no problems and also a few months ago took a trip up to Toronto a 10 hour drive with no problems. Thanks
  • Options
    nrodrigueznrodriguez Member Posts: 3
    Get a California Duster..The best thing for dark colored cars. It will keep your ride looking clean.
  • Options
    vandanvandan Member Posts: 8
    Thanks! Oddly enough, that makes me feel better. I've not taken it in since it doesn't seem to be affecting the performance at all--also, I'm well past the warranty--mine started right about 38,000. And of course your correct in saying its not 'Normal' since they don't come new like that--at least mine didn't. My guess is, whenever that particlular part/motor/actuator etc. is done working overtime and finally brakes (and gets replaced), the whirring noise will stop and the mystery will be solved.
  • Options
    coinop8dcoinop8d Member Posts: 1
    This just happened to me on a few days ago....I thought it was my transmission because I have had a noise from the front of my Murano (26000 miles) which has gotten progressively louder for the past month. When I took it to the dealership almost 3 weeks ago, they told me they it was my transmission....they think it was possibly machined incorrectly. The service department said they couldn't repair it until they contacted Nissan to see how they should proceed, but that it is okay to drive. Four days later my husband called the service department and they said they couldn't do anything until a Nissan rep came in. We have since called the General Manager of the dealership and he too said it is Nissan's policy...the dealerships hands are tied. Now with the new problem I just experienced :mad: as described in #781, I just want to get it fixed and trade it in on a new vehicle; anything but a Nissan! I have never had something major wrong with a vehicle still under warranty and been told to drive it and that it could take more than a month to fix. I don't consider this good service, good customer relations or standing behind a product!!! :mad:
  • Options
    kaltonmekaltonme Member Posts: 1
    Getting engine throaty noise when I apply my foot to the accelerator - no noise when I take my foot off. Now, earlier last week, in three instances in stop-and-go traffic the car wouldn't respond when trying to accelerate. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    vandanvandan Member Posts: 8
    I've already swapped my tires out and the noise occurred before and after the change, so my specific whirring noise wasn't apparetnly related to the tires. Its a very distinct spinning sound of a small motor or actuator when you turn the key off, come to a stop, etc. Definately in the front end somewhere.

I got about 40K on my tires--no cupping, no issues--just a 40K tire that I got full life out of. I stayed with the Goodyears as it's the only brand that technically is the same size as the original tires--everything else is a tad wider. To my knowledge, nobody but Goodyear makjes that exact tire size.
  • Options
    murphy16murphy16 Member Posts: 4
    You should definitely have your alternator checked. I saw the battery/ brake indicators light up and felt the strained drive before my car completely died on me twice. First on an uphill bridge where I lost my brakes and steering... but the car started again. The next was when I was coming out of a one lane road to merge with the busy Manhattan, New York 8:30 am traffic. My car died right at the entrance to the merge!!!! I had to be pushed by a tow truck since AWD cannot be towed and paid the fee for towing. Then, I had to call for a flat bed to bring my car back to the dealer to be told to leave my car. I will hear from them tomorrow how long I have to wait for a new alternator. Do NOT dare venture out with the indicator lights on!!! They should really have a recall on these alternators since there are so many complaints about them already.
  • Options
    homeounerhomeouner Member Posts: 145
    reply to post #789. Your experience is very much the same as mine except my MO started up right away!! No reason why it stalled, and no alt. problems yet. Call the NHTSA at 1 202 493 0210. A live person will take the info.. Its the only way Nissan will be forced into a general call back on this dangerous issue.
  • Options
    popeye7popeye7 Member Posts: 15
    last week, (Wed. June 29th) I pulled out of a parking space into traffic and my 05 SL AWD Murano with just 7,000 miles would barely go over 10 mph. Several indicator lights on the dash came on simultaneously. I somehow eluded heavy traffic and pulled into a parking lot. I shut the engine off. It restarted but the "service engine soon" light came on and stayed on. I drove home that night without a problem. Next morning I started it, the "service engine soon" light come on and stayed on again. Drove it to the dealership. Their diagnosis: They have to replace the Electronic Fuel Injection Throttle Body. The part is on order and they still have my car. Has anyone had this problem?
  • Options
    mmmsmmms Member Posts: 25
    Has anyone out there had their speedo quit. The odometer still works, but the vehicle speed doesn't . I thought it was just sticking because I could tap the back of the housing and it pop in, but now that no longer works. Do these have cables or are they electric?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I follow the Nissan Quest problems board and a few people have speed sensor issues in there; some speedometers seem to die while others jump around. Replacement seems to be the fix, although one or two have tried a d-i-y repair.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    lemmonlemmon Member Posts: 1
    I have a 03 Murano. In the past 7 months I have had to replace the entire engine because of internal oil consumption. Three months later I had the radiator replaced. Nissan said it had been hit by road hazard and would not fix under warranty. Last week the car overheated again. Radiator separated at the seam, but they could not find a reason that it keeps overheating. Technician said it was the same as before (seam), but would not give me my $1000 back. I called Nissan1 and they were no help at all at finding a resolution. This lemon stays parked in my garage, because I don't want my 8 month pregnant wife driving a car that is going to brake down. You also have to use a screwdriver to change gears, because the shift lock is defective? Out of warranty! Any suggestions for help!
  • Options
    darcondarcon Member Posts: 1
    I am looking into purchasing a Murano and part of my research was to peruse comments on this forum. I have no information to offer regardng the popping sounds etc but I can tell you that your leather is cracking because armour all is not designed to condition leather. It may be too late but, i would strongly suggest that you use lexol and/or meguiar's leather care products on any leather interior.
  • Options
    creilly28creilly28 Member Posts: 6
    Just 900 miles on my Murano. Really like it. One thing that confuses me is that on a down hill, the tach revs to about 3000. Is this normal. Usually just glide down a hill but really can't do that. Is it the CVT?
  • Options
    andytommoandytommo Member Posts: 33
    Just this last week, I've noticed an awful squealing noise coming from the wheels (can't really tell whether the front or rear) when I reverse. It doesnt happen all the time though. Anyone else had this issue?
    Also, now summer is here I've been driving with the windows open a lot more, and I've noticed a terrible rattling coming from the underneath of the car when going over pothole infested roads (which around here you can't avoid!!). In fact, every slight indentation in the road surface results in some unknown rattle from under the vehicle. I'm going to have to get it checked out. I don't know how long its been doing it for, you can't hear it with the windows closed

And in response to creilly28, yup, the CVT is supposed to do that, don't worry. It kind of changes down gear ratios (the cvt equivalent of) and keeps the car at a constant speed with your foot off the gas. ie you wont accelerate going down hill.
  • Options
    murano_ownermurano_owner Member Posts: 64
    You should check if your state has a lemon law. I know that California does. It outlines what you need to do to get your money back for buying a lemon.
  • Options
    Hello posters: This mourning I received a call from NHTSA that Nissan of North American has issued a 573 notice making public a national recall on Murano alternators,and a letter will be sent to owners shortly. He did not have a time table or exactly how many or which years will be involved.
  • Options
    jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    Here is a summary of the Alternator recall and VIN numbers effected. Wait till you get the letter from Nissan before taking any action.

CAMPAIGN I.D. #: P5215
    APPLIED VEHICLE: 2003-05 Murano (Z50) – 2WD and AWD Models
    APPLIED VINS: 2003 MY - 2WD: JN8AZ08T*3W100007-123688
    2003 MY - AWD: JN8AZ08W*3W200005-238520
    2004 MY - 2WD: JN8AZ08T*4W200003-228686
    2004 MY - AWD: JN8AZ08W*4W300006-343525
    2005 MY - 2WD: JN8AZ08T*5W300104-302827
    2005 MY - AWD: JN8AZ08W*5W400011-404496
    NOTE: Use Service Comm (P5215) to confirm eligibility.

Subject: 2003-2005 Murano Alternator Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign
    Attention – Dealer Principals, Sales, Parts and Service Managers
    ***** Campaign Announcement *****
    Nissan is conducting a Voluntary Safety Recall Campaign on approximately 125,466
    Model Year 2003-2005 Nissan Murano vehicles. On the affected vehicles, there is a
    possibility that a rotor coil wire in the alternator may break, causing the Charge
    Warning and Brake Warning lamps to illuminate, the battery to discharge and, after
    a short time, the engine to go into “fail safe” mode and eventually stop if the vehicle
    continues to be driven.
    To prevent this from occurring, Nissan will inspect and, if necessary, replace the
    alternator.
    Nissan will begin to mail Owner Notification letters on August 1, 2005 to all affected
    owners.
  • Options
    oskeroneoskerone Member Posts: 1
    Hi - Mine has about 9000 miles on it and I too noticed the tacometer reving at 2000+ RPMs when going down steep grades. I too wish it would rev a bit lower and glide down the hills, but I trust that the Nissan people who programmed the CVT knew what they were doing. Good luck with your car.
  • Options
    tjmuranotjmurano Member Posts: 1
    We love the Murano so we bought a used 2004 Murano 2 weeks ago from a dealership and today our alternator went on a busy highway. Symptoms included brake light and battery light. The car doesn't stall - the engine continues to run normally but somehow all of the power is taken from the transmission and the accelerator stops working. In other words it runs but just doesn't move. The car didn't start after we had it towed 100KM. (about an hour of sitting) Don't get too far away from home because Nissan Roadside only covers 100 KM's, and doesn't help you get home - ie no vehicle, or reimbursement of expenses for a rental.

I find this ethically questionable. Why wait until August 1st to send out the recall notice. If Nissan knew about the recall surely the dealership did at the time of our purchase as well. Our vehicle is under warranty but needless to say we are not impressed, this lack of judgement on Nissan's part put our family's safety at risk in the first 2 weeks - something that could have been avoided had Nissan acted quickly on this recall.

Waiting on the dealership now to see if they come back with a satisfactory resolution to this problem.
  • Options
    Nissan had to be pushed in to this recall by theNHTSA from compliants from Murano owners like the posters on this forum. If its safety related they will act sooner. The NHTSA rep. I had been talking to thanked me and all the other posters who got their compliants to him.
  • Options
    donnzdonnz Member Posts: 7
    It's been several months since I have read this board, and have'nt read all of the posts concerning the BAD ALTERNATOR. I have over 17,000 miles on a 2004 Murano. Have visited my dealer at least 3 times for a malfunctioning door lock (driver's side)....not fixed. Just tired of the hassel. This morning on the radio during my commute, I heard where the NTSB has issued a warning for Murano drivers to take their Murano to their dealer to have the alternator checked.....due to reports of shutting down without warning.
    Has Nissan issued a RECALL? Why the #&@$% do I need to get this information from a radio station? Due to being forced to trade my 2003 350Z (tire-feathering problems, that could'nt be resolved by Nissan), and now potential alternator problems (that could be a real nuisance and hazard). What does the consumer have to pay for PEACE OF MIND?
  • Options
    Nissan did issue a bulletin, you just have to look REAL HARD to find it but I have noticed that a recall notice has not been put on their website yet. I am just super pissed off about this though. I just bought my 2005 a week ago and now I have a freaking recall. My engine is brand new and now I will have some hack try to replace my alternator and mess something up in my car. This is such crap.
  • Options
    wiljuddwiljudd Member Posts: 1
    This is my first time hearing this, my vehicle broke down twice once in DC and another time in Mechanicsville VA. As soon as I came of the exit my 2003 murano died without warning. this happen during rush hourand traffic was backed up for about 4 miles. A flatbed was called and my vehicle was taken to the local nissan dealer. I had to stay over night in a hotel and get a rental car. I was told that the alternator was checked and said to be fine. They replaced the battery. I now think that this is definetly a temporary fix. Who ever heard of a vehicle dying on a exit without warning due to a battery.This was bull.
  • Options
    I think the moral of the story is that if you buy a Murano then you definitly have to buy AAA and a cell phone. This is supposed to be a protective feature of the engine to not allow you to drive if there is inadequate power. The problem is that even with a new alternator if say something goes wrong they will still get that stalled issue. This will not fix the true underlying problem. Its all smoke and mirrors from Nissan. Last thing they want is a total recall of all Muranos.
  • Options
    satristasatrista Member Posts: 15
    Donnz
    MIne is a fairly new 05 too. According to the VIN's listed mine isn't part of the recall. Maybe yours isn't either.

:)
  • Options
    jmaxejmaxe Member Posts: 198
    Muranos built after September 2004 should not have a problem.
  • Options
    mike90mike90 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2005 Murano SE less than two months ago and have had the transmisson fail. I now need a new transmission. There was a clicking noise coming from the engine from the time I purchased the vehicle. Check for this noise so that you are not left stranded 350 miles from home, like I was
  • Options
    RE: alternator, Before the recall(very near future) Nissan policy was to replace alt. as needed usually along side some busy road, not much comfort in that. Because its a safety concern they are now "johnny on the spot" W/ the new alts, a little late for a number of owners. I am going to Illinois from Virginia in week or so. I asked if I could a retroactive installment now. They will pull one from a '05 in the lot and install it. They said it was a good one. A poster said MOs mfg. after the fall of 04 were OK . Will check today.
  • Options
    This is just getting worse by the minute. I decide to call the 1-800 number listed on the recall bulletin. Of course guess where the call center is? India!!! I had some guy with an indian accent trying to speak like a southerner. It was too funny. When I called they asked them for my VIN number to verify if I needed the replacement. The system was running slow and the guy just kept asking me random questions to stall while the system brought up my information. It was some serisously random odd questions. I guess they tell them to keep the conversation going. It seems that my VIN is not part of the recall but he did say that I will probably still get a letter and that I should go into Nissan and they will check it out. He really confused me. Why would they still send me a recall notice if my car was not in the range. By the way. If you call the hotline it will say press to 1 for maxima alternator recall questions. I think they made a mistake and meant Murano. They may have fixed it today. Either way just press 1 and you will be transferred to sunny India where your questions can be answered. LOL!!!!
  • Options
    pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    That is my main concern. I don't want my MO to stop while I have my 13 month son in the car.
    Where can I find when the car was mfg?

I guess it is best just to call the dealership to switch out the alternator.
  • Options
    Like I had mentioned before. There is a larger problem than just the alternator. It was not just the fact that the alternator coil breaking that made the Murano stall. Now this was a defect with the alternator, but in general alternators tend to die after a few years. The next time a problem with it occurs the car will still start but it will not run. I think Nissan needs to fix this problem as well. The alternator fix is like putting a bandage over a large wound. It is only a temporary fix. Even if you bought a brand new 2005 and somehow the alternator failed ( not related to the coil issue they have now) your car will stall. It is a hokey engine protection feature. I don't own a cell phone ( I know, probably the last person in the US to buy one) but I am going to go get one and also get AAA. It is scary to know that your car can just stop running randomly. Most cars can run if the alternator dies until the car gets turned off. I just never have heard about a car that can be running but just stop and have no power to the engine. Really odd.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I guess I will have to inquire about AAA. Just to be on the safe side.

In the mean time, I will be looking into another vehicle ;)
  • Options
    joef4570joef4570 Member Posts: 29
    "Most cars can run if the alternator dies until the car gets turned off."

Actually, if the BATTERY fails or is disconnected while the motor's running, the car will run until it's turned-off. If your alternator dies, the battery will run down and the motor will stop running because there will be no juice going to the spark plugs.
  • Options
    I do not want my car to stop running in the middle of traffic. I think that is the most scariest part.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Nissan Recalls Murano SUV (Inside Line)

Like Jmaxe said, watch your mailbox.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    gufwufgufwuf Member Posts: 3
    Yep..thats what happened to my 88 corolla. brake and batt lights are on always. The car runs as long as the battery has charge. But when I'm abt to stop at a stop light, the engine would switch off. Since I have a manual shift, i use the car's momentum to restart the car before it completely stops. I'm also in the Murano market. May buy it this weekend. Glad that Nissan found out the alternator pblm and are changing it already. Does any one know if it is all Muranos or only specific vin#s as mentioned in one of the prev posts.
    thnx
  • Options
    If you call nissan 800 number or search on the internet you can find what VIN# need to be recalled. Someone on this thread did post the VIN list.
  • Options
    quispquisp Member Posts: 1
    I am currently in the market for a sporty, slighty up-scale SUV, and have been researching and test-driving small- to mid-sized vehicles for several months now. __ After considering such vehicles as the Acura MDX, Hummer H3, Lexus RX330, Volvo XC90, Land Rover LR3, Subaru Tribeca, Infiniti's FX35 & FX45 and a Honda CR-V SE, I finally decided to buy a fully-loaded 2005 Nissan Murano SE based upon desired features for the money. __ My dilemma now is whether or not to go ahead with the purchase in light of the current alternator recall and the myriad of other compliants registered on this Town Hall? Admittedly, reading this forum does not make me at all assured / comfortable about my vehicle choice as the Murano comes across as something of a rolling disaster here! __ Being a long-time "Honda Guy" (an Accord & 2 Civics in the past 16 years), I guess I'm used to very high-quality products which run almost faultlessly with very little in the way of general ownership headaches. So, should I prepare myself to expect a lifetime of aggrevation if I finally do invest in this Nissan crossover vehicle?! __ I was very impressed with the Murano SE I drove, but, again, it's quite disconcerting reading the postings here. So, I really need to ask if Muranos have any redeeming qualities or is everyone regretful of their purchase?!?! __ There is some urgency attached to my need for your input as my local Nissan dealership is running their own version of a "employee purchase price" program, but it's only continuing to the end of this month (July). Hence, I'll be needing to make a final purchase decision very, very soon ... and I definitely do not want to make the wrong one, if you know what I mean! So, any input and insights would be greatly appreciated. __ Thank you very much in advance for your time and consideration! --Scott