Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Nissan Murano Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Options
    murano_ownermurano_owner Member Posts: 64
    Pedrus, Please keep us up to date on what happens with Nissan. I always wondered if you could exchange you vehicle if it was a lemon off of the lot. You should really look into the lemon law as well. You may have a case to get a refund or a new replacement.
  • Options
    jhopkinsonjhopkinson Member Posts: 2
    hey mike, my wife has a 2003 sl model and it has only 12,000mi on it. what its doing now is when you first drive it, it works fine but after awhile like when it warms up the transmission shifts right back to first and stays there. so i took back to the dealer and they said i might need a new unit and they've had it for 2 weeks now. dont you think that they could run a simple test and find out whats wrong with it. man i need help. thanks,jhop.
  • Options
    aturnyaturny Member Posts: 6
    "My mistake was i believed them until it was too late to file under the lemon law. Any suggestions?"

The Texas Lemon Law is normally not as effective as the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. I don't know whether you have a viable claim, but under DTPA, you can file suit within two years after you knew or should have known of the facts that gave rise to your claim. There are some claims in Texas that have four-yr limitations, such as breach of warranty and breach of contract. Last, I believe that sometimes statutes of limitations can be "tolled" if you can show they strung you along for the purpose of getting you to miss your filing deadline. You might consider sending a demand letter (to Nissan, the dealer, etc) outlining your claim and telling them you're considering filing suit under DTPA (under which you can collect up to triple damages for knowing violations) and see what happens. Of course, it would be better to have a lawyer do this for you but that can get very expensive very quickly.
  • Options
    tig2002tig2002 Member Posts: 81
    Hello Murano owners,

I asked couple questions under "Nissan Murano" thread and did not get any response. Thinking that maybe I asked in a wrong thread I would like to repeat the questions:

Hello happy Murano owners (most of us),

A while ago (#2417) I asked if anyone installed an aftermarket towing hitch and harness, and I did not see any response. I recently purchased a towing hitch for my ’04 Murano from eBay ($119 including shipping) and installed myself. It is made by Quality-S in Arizona. It is a decent hitch with round tube, although not nicely hidden under rear bumper as the genuine Nissan hitch, but savings are noticeable when comparing with Nissan hitch.

Now I want to install a wiring harness that is available only from Nissan dealer, and the price for the harness is $100 – ridiculous price for set of wires and connector. I would like to purchase a standard harness from local AutoZone and do the wiring myself, but I cannot find the connector on Murano that is used for connecting the factory towing harness.

Does anyone know where the connector for connecting genuine Murano harness is located? I can only find harness in rear of vehicle in the spare tire compartment, and it does not have any connector for the towing harness. But it should be somewhere as there is a towing harness available from Nissan.

Also, I have very annoying rattle from the passenger door. It is not loud, but it is annoying when I drive in quite environment. I disassembled the door materials and test drove the car – the rattle is still there. It appears that the rattling noise comes from window area, and I did not want to go that far and disassemble the window. Do you think it is something that can be repaired under warranty. Does anyone have rattling noise from passenger door that does not go away even when you press all materials on the door while driving?

Your input would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    pennymixpennymix Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2005 murano. When you stop at a traffic light or a stop sign and you step on the gas it seems like the car winds right up and you don't go anywhere and then all of a sudden you take off? Being really new with this car is that normal?
  • Options
    pennymixpennymix Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Nissan murano. When you are at a full stop and then go to accelerate again it seems like the car is winding right up and not going anywhere and then all of a sudden it takes right off. I am very new to this car, is that normal or should it take right off and not hesitate.
  • Options
    jhopkinsonjhopkinson Member Posts: 2
    does anybody know where i can get one of these for my murano? that is what the dealer thinks its whats wrong with my transmission.
  • Options
    creilly28creilly28 Member Posts: 6
    I have been putting premium gas in my murano since I purchased it in May. I have been told by a mechanic that although many car makers state you have to use premium, it is generally not true unless you have a V8. I'm thinking it might be the CVT. Anybody using regular. I'm paying 2.78/gallon. YIKES!
  • Options
    satristasatrista Member Posts: 15
    I believe my manual says that regular unleaded may be used BUT that for maximum performance to use premium. I used regular the first few tanks and then switched to premium. It seems to run much better to me (just my opinion).
  • Options
    A 3.5L V6 engine like the one in the Murano can handle premium. The higher octane will burn at a higher temperature allowing for better performance and will not burn out your O rings. Typically premium gas in a small V6 can burn out your rings. It is not the case for the Murano engine. You definitely can drive with regular gas and get good performance but with premium gas your engine will get you a few more miles per gallon but with the extra cost for premium it almost negates the gain in mileage. On a side note, Chevron has the best gas out there. "Isn't all gas the same?" No it isn't. Chevron adds an additive called techron that actually helps keep your engine cleaner than other gas companies. It does work in helping your engine run better.
  • Options
    horseman05horseman05 Member Posts: 2
    It will not be long before replacement of the CVT, I have an 04 Murano 2 wheel drive with 17K miles and the CVT is being replaced this week. Sorry to tell you this but my symptoms were the same but came later on @ 15K. I wish you well,
    Ray
  • Options
    horseman05horseman05 Member Posts: 2
    The rattles you are hearing are coming from the back door panels, take your Murano in and have them cushion the panels for you! I did and it worked.
  • Options
    satristasatrista Member Posts: 15
    I'm thinking of buying a K&N Air Filter for my 05 Murano. Has anyone else tried one in a Murano and does it improve either performance or gas mileage? I don't expect a huge increase in either, but have you seen any improvement?
  • Options
    jkmongejkmonge Member Posts: 3
    The same thing happened to me, and I thought I was going crazy. I know my windows were not left open and when I came out the next morning (of course it rained overnight), I found my back windows down and the seats were all wet. I'm not sure I understand what the explanation wound up being because I know I didn't hold down the unlock button on my remote. What "remote access devices for your home" would cause the car windows to roll down?
  • Options
    I have been using regular (Mobil), and haven't tried using premium yet; however, I am finding some hesitation/bucking upon acceleration. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the gas grade or if it's just a fuel injection or transmission issue. I only have 8k miles, so this shouldn't be happening already. But then again reading some of these complaints on the forums, I think this may be a CVT transmission issue.
  • Options
    I love the style and color of the Murano (copper), the idea of smooth gliding into gears (CVT transmission), and the extra power surge. I'm sure no car/SUV is perfect; however, my main gripe is my dealer advising me even though they know my complaints are happening with other Muranos, and the Technical Service Bulletin alerts from Nissan are right on point, they will not make any repairs until they can duplicate it in my SUV. I shouldn't have to prove to them "did you hear, smell, see, or feel that?" If I come in with a complaint, Nissan should say "we'll take care of that because we know what's wrong" and not have to duplicate it before they will do any repairs. I have never experienced this kind of service attitude with my previous cars (Honda & Mitsubishi). I must be making this stuff up or lying just to get Nissan to do unnecessary warranty work! Sorry for the long-winded response, but I'm quite upset and one unhappy Nissan customer.
  • Options
    mikegia5mikegia5 Member Posts: 4
    jhopkinson,
    There's a definite sensation difference between the CVT and a traditional transmission. The engine is supposed to wind up like that (so they tell me!). I don't think the powertrain is designed to be driven aggressively. It's actually really a sweet, smooth ride when driven easy, and the CVT has a lot to do with how smooth it is. But sometimes I just want to punch it, and it just feels wierd.
    There's so much to like about this car. The handling is excellent. I'm slowly changing my driving habits to match the car's characteristics, but maybe with gas at 2.75 a gallon, it may be a blessing in disguise.

Have fun!
    Mike G.
  • Options
    pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone received the recall notice from Nissan?
    Thanks
  • Options
    user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    i don't know if this will be helpful, but the nissan help website has lots of good information. for example, i found this:
    http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Murano/2003/4.htm

and specifically if you scroll down, you can find this:
    http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2003/NTB03-033.htm
  • Options
    homeounerhomeouner Member Posts: 145
    To pf2001 See post #801 S81 about the recall, letters to be sent out after Aug. 1 or 2nd. My dealer installed my improved alt the last wk. of July. I was going to Il. on the 30th. The dealer had received 15 alts to install on the 05 cars inthe lot, he pulled one to install for me before the letter ash didnt want to be stalled on the hiway. I have not received my letter yet. I suppose I will get one along with the rest of MO owners. Seems awful slow!!! The improved alts. have a band on the shaft to hold the wires from flying off the sliprings caused by centrifugal force.
  • Options
    To pf2001, The correct reference post about the alt. recall is Post # 801 sect. 41. not sect. 81.
  • Options
    pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    Thanks. Just double checking. I thought it was kindof slow for the letters to be mailed.
  • Options
    If you check the nissanusa website they still have not posted the recall for the Murano alternators on it. Chances are they are going to roll this out a little at a time so that the Nissan dealers don't get flooded with people trying to fix it.
  • Options
    gerapaugerapau Member Posts: 211
    I received my notice from Nissan Canada a couple of weeks ago. I guess they are a bit quicker than their US counterparts.
  • Options
    tig2002tig2002 Member Posts: 81
    I received a recall notice from Nissan about two weeks ago. It appears that the recall applies to certain Murano's with unique VIN numbers or sequence of VIN's. I believe I received the notice because the VIN of my '04 Murano falls in the range of numbers that the recall applies to. If some of you don't receive the notice then probably your Murano doesn't need the alternator replacement.
  • Options
    roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    do not mess with anything but the nissan wiring kit. its easy and effective. due to computers, and bidirectional wiring, you must use it.
  • Options
    twedetwede Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 Murano as well and have had this problem occasionally. Recently however it has become a real problem. ....stuck in the desert at 9:00 pm.. by myself, in the middle of nowhere at a gas station (no maintenance service), wind blowing. 40 degrees and no gas. It took me 45 minutes of playing with the remote using the key to lock and unlock, leaving the door open while trying the remote, etc. before it would open. I took the car in a few weeks ago to get it repaired. They said they had to order a part (the locking mechanism inside the the tank access area - white plastic with a metal bar the does the locking or unlocking). I had to wait until the next weekend because I work so far from the dealership. They charged me $220 as I had 45,000 miles on it even though it is two years old, but it wasn't under warranty (ok, I understand). The next fill up...again couldn't get in to it. Again took it in the following weekend and they said it was a sensor and didn't charge me, just my time and trouble and not having a car for the day. (I wasn't happy about being charge $220 when it should have been the cost of a sensor but I let it go). Two nights ago (2nd fill up after the sensor repair) I couldn't get it open again. I tried and tried no luck. I then had to drive on fumes and made it to the dealership at 8:00 at night. I went back the next morning, talked to them and then left for work. Got a call later. "We know what it is....it's the relay. We're having it sent overnight and your car will be ready the next afternoon, bad new is we have to charge you for the relay." He didn't even get a chance to tell me the cost.....I just said "I don't think so...." He has to get back to me tomorrow after he discusses it with his manager....Think I'll buy another Nissan...no way. Sorry, long story... ( guess I need to vent). I get to pick up the car and since it isn't the gas tank part, or the sensor, I hope it is the relay. Kicker is....I know someone else having the same problem (2003 Murano)....but the dealership said they've never seen this happen before......I do suggest you get it fixed as if it progresses to the stage of mine and won't open no matter what, you'll wish you addressed it.
  • Options
    I checked the NissanUSA website yesterday and no recall info. I checked it this morning and they finally have it listed. They also list the VIN numbers affected by it.
    Check out:
    http://www.nissanusa.com/form/0,,action-NRecallPublicLanding_sctid-51054,00.html

Expect your notice in the mail if your Murano qualifies for the recall.
  • Options
    There should be some sort of manual fail safe if the gas lid will not open with the electronic trigger. This seems like a major oversight on the Nissan design team.

I would contact
    National Consumer Affairs Office, Nissan North America, Inc. at P.O. Box 191, Gardena, California 90248-0191.The toll free number is (800) 647-7261.

Maybe they can convince the dealer to refund your $220.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Check out K&N Air Filters, bolt-on power? for some pro and con posts.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    hokiedadhokiedad Member Posts: 2
    I'm a mostly satisfied owner of a 2003 SL. I got my recall letter for the alternator a few days ago and am scheduling the inspection/replacement.

I also had the fuel filler door latch problem a few months ago. The dealer replaced the latch at no cost. The replacement latch failed to open a week later. Both failures-to-open happened as I was attempting to gas up to go on long trips. The dealer squeezed me in both times to get the tank open so I could make the trip. After the second problem, I had the dealer remove the latch device and I now rely on the magnetic catch on the door to keep it closed-forget the electric latch. I support the need for a manual release for the filler latch.
  • Options
    garyekgaryek Member Posts: 1
    I have just last week picked up my Murano(SL FWD) only 420 miles on her now, hope not th hear any rattles. I look forward to being on this Forum for a long time, Knowledge is a real good thing. :)
  • Options
    HELLO MO POSTERS: A FRIEND HAS A FREESTAR VAN THAT HAS A MAP BOX IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DASH (BUILT IN) APX. THE SIZE OF THE CENTER SECTION OF THE MO's dash. Have any one seen an add on/after market box that is made to fit on the center raised section of the dash? Thanks.
  • Options
    In reviewing older posts #550 sect/ 56 my lites have such a sharp cut-off rather than a blended or tapered transition into the dark . I feel I must use the high beam to get a good view down the road, sometimes, but oncoming traffic could have a problem facing me. A nice transition of apx. 6-8 ft would give a lot more comfort. The high beam really light way up to the top of any Interstate signs. Also I miss the cornering lights that were on my previous wagon.
  • Options
    03muranoowner03muranoowner Member Posts: 6
    This is a very common the problem the dealers like to deny exists.
    I experienced the same problem with my 2003 intermittantly and twice while driving from CA to AZ or Vegas across the desert. Not very fun at all.
    I go into the habit of stopping with at least a 1/4 of a tank on trips
    in the case I had the problem I could hopefully make it to a dealer.

The relay (cylinoid) should fix the problem (at least for a while mine has not broken again but it's been only about a month).

Some tips for you: There is a way to open the side (like an emergany release) but you have to remove the inside back panel to reach it. At 40 degrees I would have been happily dismantaling the car!

The best thing I had done was to just have it disconnected. Some dealers refuse but most will. (Of course if your handy you can do it yourself). The door will close and function properly with or without the relay. The only thing you lose is extra protection from tampering....then again if they really want to tamper they would just slide under the car and cut the hose....

If your not out of warrenty it should have been covered. For first year cars I always buy the extended warrenty!
  • Options
    I have a 2003 SE AWD with close to 40k miles on it. For the most part we love the car but the problems keep building.

Besides the gas door problem:
    1) I have a rattle in the front dash under the speaker cover (3 times the dealer has tried to fix it)
    2) My CD player failed and had to be replaced
    3) Last month I had the entire rear end replaced because the electromagnetic clutch went out and the pinion bearing was gone. For this the Dealer accused me of driving the car in AWD at all times. Funny thing is I had never had the car in AWD since the first week I drove it. (I have never been in need of it) -- Good thing here was I had decided to buy the extended warrenty just before the warrenty was up because I didn't trust the first year transmission.

Now I have two other problems that the dealer refuses to believe because they can't get any engine codes, even when they experience it (to bad mechanics don't know how to work on cars without codes anymore). These were happening before the last repair and it had been in seveal times for both problems.

1) When driving down a highway or freeway in my case (say 65-85) when I hit an incline the you can feel the car jerking, my husband says it feels like the transmission slipping, if you simply maintain speed. A couple of times I have become nervious that the car may quit. The incline does not have to be large or particularly long. Any ideas?

2) Often when I get in my car the car will not start properly. Though it seems to start right up -- it immediately dies. Once I had to have it towed in to the dealer and 4 hours later when they finally got to it -- it just started right up. Once I was in the car with the Service Manager and it took 3 times to start the car. Again, no codes, no fix. has anyone experienced this one?

Thanks.
  • Options
    First of all your dealer has no clue how the AWD works. The only way your rear end on the car would even be damaged from it is if your front tires are always driving on ice. The rear tires in AWD only get engaged when there is slipage from the front tires. The dealer is a fool for even thinking that. To be quite honest, I think most of the people at The Nissan dealerships are fools. You can call them 10 times about a problem and speak to ten different people and get 10 different answers. It is best to find one guy there that you think knows what he is taking about, be demanding to speak to the best mechanic and them only. I love the nissan cars but hate the sales people and the staff, they just give you BS answers at the drop of a dime and have no clue most of the times about what they are talking about. Have you tried to go to another dealer? I beleive that your warranty covers you at all nissan dealers. They might have a better clue.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You can call them 10 times about a problem and speak to ten different people and get 10 different answers.

I got lost there for a minute and thought you were talking about the IRS....

The 4WD & AWD systems explained discussion may be of interest.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    gerapaugerapau Member Posts: 211
    Murano_Owner, from what I understand about the Murano you may not be entirely correct. I get the feeling that the dealer was hinting that 03MuranoOwner may have had his AWD lock button depressed all the time and thus had the AWD engaged. If you press the AWD Lock button it will lock in AWD and does not depend on front wheel slippage before engaging the AWD (at least this is how it works on the original 03 Murano). The AWD is supposed to become unlocked at about 17MPH (if my memory is correct) though. The manual does state that it is not good for the car to keep this AWD lock button depressed all the time. It can damage the Murano if this button is kept on and this is why newer Murano's have this feature slightly different and each time you start the Murano you have to re-depress this button to engage the AWD Lock (the button is disengaged each time the Murano is turned off).
  • Options
    stoulanstoulan Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I just got my Nissan Murano SL 2005 after few days I started hearing ticking sound at speed 100Km/hr and it gets worse if both passenger and driver windows are rolled down. I plan to take it to dealer, but was curious if there is any known fix to this. I saw door trim/panels/windown rails but any other reason that may cause this.
    Thx..
  • Options
    b4eb4e Member Posts: 1
    My service engine light came on while on a trip. I had just filled up the tank at a gas station and the fuel was pouring out the top of gas tank under the car. Took it to a dealer that said nothing was wrong. Took it to a non-Nissan dealer, but someone I trusted, they found the problem. Took it back to the dealer and the dealer could NOT find the problem. The problem was...the fuel tanks have a plastic ring that connects them and this was not properly installed. My car was leaking fuel out of the tank!!! They said a few have been coming in for the same problem. AGAIN, THE DEALERS ARE CLAIMING THEY CAN'T FIND THIS PROBLEM AND I TOL D THEM EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS. I got under my own car in the service dept. and showed them. They are now going to fix it, but the parts are on back order (a whole new fuel tank). It will be a month since I dropped it off that I'll get the car back.
  • Options
    sierraladysierralady Member Posts: 8
    I have an 04 Murano SL AWD with 24K miles on it. The engine was replaced at 9K due to a dealer screwup on an oil change; also had steering system replaced as a result of that. The dealer had the car for over 6 weeks, and gave me a Kia Rio to drive during that time, what a thrill that was! I like driving the car, but the gas mileage is terrible (I average 18.4, whether I am running errands around town or on a long trip), and the car does not seem trustworthy to me; I detest Nissan as a dealer and would never buy another car from them. The latest problems are 1) when braking, it is very rough, like the engine is going to quit or the car is out of control or shaking or something, and 2) just this morning, I was parked nose to nose with another car, when I started the car and put it into reverse to back out, it would only go forward when I stepped on the gas, I put it back into park and then again to reverse, it kept doing the same thing until I had to stop or ram the car in front of me; all the dash warning lights came on as well. I turned it off and restarted it and then it was fine. What the heck was that? Probably part of the reason I do not trust the car and will not drive in it without my cell phone in my purse. I have not been able to get the alternator replaced as yet because the dealer "is all booked up" when I have plans to be in the town where they are (45 minutes from where I live). Anyone have any idea what this latest problem might be? I have one other really silly little problem, ever since they replaced the engine, on the drivers side window are two spots, look sort of oily, in exactly the same places and shaped exactly the same way, which go away when I wash the window but reappear as soon as the window is rolled down and up. I am meticulous about the cleanliness of my cars, and I know that this is not coming from the outside, but the dealer says it is. I have to wash the window every time I roll the window down, what a pain that is! I so regret buying this car, and it makes my day when someone comes up to me and asks how I like it and I can tell them not to buy one - this happens a lot since I live in the snow country.
  • Options
    Yes that was the hint...They suspected I had the button depressed, though that was not the case. I actually read the manual and heeded the warning not to use it on hard dry surfaces. I live in So. California so it's hard to find a surface that is not hard and dry for most uses.

Plan on taking it to another dealer and see what they say about the other problems. If it wouldn't be such a hassle I'd go to Las Vegas...very knowledgable service deprtment. (the one on Sahara) . We really love the car, but if the problems keep up I'll have to get something more reliable. This is my second Nissan with problems. Had a 2000 Quest with signifcant elecrical problems and the electric windows kept breaking (very bad design). Bummer because I loved my '96 Quest.
  • Options
    philipzphilipz Member Posts: 2
    >I am also having trouble with the AUTO climate control. One day you get in and set it, the next day you get in and the settings change. Not every time, but often enough.

I have this problem with my 2005 Murano, I kept blaming the wife for changing the settings, until it happened to me. It is only a minor annoyance and a complete waste of time, to take to the dealer, unless, I can make it happen for them. I had a Honda that the doors would randomly start locking, it would click,click,click,click... for hours at a time. There was a TSB for the problem, but, it was out of warranty before the problem started. Honda wanted $250 for the module, so we never replaced it. Just a minor annoyance. We traded in the Honda for the Murano. The wife loves the Murano.
  • Options
    roadrunner70roadrunner70 Member Posts: 241
    does anyone know how to replace either the blade or just the element for the rear wiper. the owner's manual says that it is a dealer service item.

also, has anyone had luck with turning off the auto door lock feature, when using the key fob to open the gas cap door, when out side the car. the doors lock on their own thanks.
  • Options
    Well I guess the 4th (or is it the 5th?) times a charm. Finally some engine codes were found!

Turns out my '03 needed a new EFI Throttle Chamber which also acts a throttle positioning sensor. This was causing my problems with starting the car (when warm), jerking or hesitation on long uphill grades at a steady speed between 70 - and 80 mph (not tested yet), and sluggishness in the performance (got some pep back in my step). :shades:

Still frustrated at the number of times I had to take it back and forth to the dealer, especially after having to have it towed in for not starting once before.
  • Options
    chakemcochakemco Member Posts: 1
    I have the 2003 and about 4 weeks ago the battery went dead. I took it in for the recall and was assured the battery would be recharged as part of the service. Since the new alternator was installed, I must rev the engine slightly or it will turn off almost immediately after firing up. Today, the battery was dead again.

Other issues that bother me, but apparently the dealership can not duplicate are a constant rattle from the under carriage (right side), a squeak from the left rear under carriage when exiting the vehicle.
  • Options
    bhoward99bhoward99 Member Posts: 27
    Has anyone used any fuel injection cleaners on there Nissan Murano ?

The owners manual recommends NOT using them. Just wondered if it might help my fuel economy ?

My dad is a mechanic, and is recommending CPR Injection System cleaner.

Comments ?
  • Options
    gk45gk45 Member Posts: 2
    03muranoowner,

I also have an '03 and I had the same problem. It's the transmission.I had to replace it only 8 mos. into my ownership.

I'm having other issues with my car right now. Took my car in for the alternator recall and to fix my gas door (door won't open due to bad fuse.) Now my car is skipping if I slow down from 75mph to 60mph and the car shakes occassionally as if it wants to die. The "check engine soon" light came on and off this past weekend so I've got to take it in the the dealer.

I share the same sentiment as the other driver. This is my first and last Nissan I'll ever purchase.
  • Options
    gk45gk45 Member Posts: 2
    Just had my alternator changed due to the recall and my car is also acting like it wants to die every time I start. I took my car in this morning to the dealer and was told my battery is bad. I had it changed, the vibration went away (for now,) but it is still experiencing the dying symptom right after starting. My boyfriend is pretty knowledgeable with cars and he thinks it's the new alternator they put in not my battery that is causing this problem. It upsets me that my car was running fine prior to the recall; now I can't imagine what I'll have to go through....

Other than you, I have not come across any postings of similar problems. Have you had anyone look at it yet?