Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gibogibo Member Posts: 22
    I'm looking at buying a 2004 AWD Infiniti FX35 with Tech and Touring pkgs. For fun, I just checked out pricing on the 2004 Murano SL AWD with Touring, Leather and Navigation, (all the same stuff), and the difference in invoice prices is less than $3000! If you're considering this kind of Murano, go with the Infiniti fuh sho!
  • jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    Yep, you're eyes are deceiving you. The Leather package is included in the Touring package for the Murano. So:

2004 Murano SL AWD w/ Touring, Navi, and Dynamic Control: Invoice $34,060.

2004 FX35 AWD w/ Touring and Tech package: Invoice $39,201.

That's a difference of more than $5000.

Of course, the FX is gonna have more goodies (intelli key, intelli cruise, rearview monitor, etc.) and is more fun to drive. The Murano offers more room and cargo space, and better gas mileage. Both are excellent cars and excellent values. It's up to the buyer to determine if the FX is worth $5000 more.
  • caedward2caedward2 Member Posts: 45
    Anyone aware of any attractive lease deals on the Murano? I'm interested in a 2004 SL with no options. Thanks in advance.
  • furbyfurby Member Posts: 14
    2004 Murano SL AWD
    SL Touring Package
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Area Proctector
    Sunroof wind deflector
    MSRP: $34,960
    Invoice: $31,907
    Paid: $32,907

Test drove the BMW X3 3.0 the same day and was not willing to pay $42K. Also, the Nissan website has a great comparison tool. The Murano has more horsepower, better fuel economy, less weight, has 18in wheel. The ride is as close as I can get to a BMW but for $9K less, I'm more than happy with my purchase.
  • otis123otis123 Member Posts: 439
    Where did you buy your Murano?

Ralph
    Got my Murano at Future Nissan in the Roseville Automall near Sacramento, California.
  • gbuachargbuachar Member Posts: 9
    I have two dealers quoting these 2 Muranos, what's the better deal?

03 SE AWD no option 3K miles - $27600
    04 SL AWD Touring/Towing new - $32000

I don't mind cloth in the 03, but it is much more money to go 04.
  • itroitro Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2003 Murano SL AWD with the premium package, cloth seats, sunroof, Splash guards, carpet floor mats, sunroof wind deflector, and cargo area protector. Invoice was $30,342. I paid 29,700 before taxes & $179 title/registration fee. You think this is a good deal considering we are 9 days from 2004?
  • wilsoniiiwilsoniii Member Posts: 19
    I can get a fully loaded SE for $500 over invoice at a local dealer in Redwood City with no haggling. Before closing the deal my coworker recommended checking out carsdirect.com. According to their quote I can get a fully loaded SE AWD MSRP $38,290 (invoice $34,861) for $34,711. Cars Direct is obviously quoting a much lower price, but it seems too good to be true. Has anybody else used Cars Direct? Good? Bad? Any surprises?
  • scottva22scottva22 Member Posts: 26
    2004 Murano SL AWD - Super Black, Charcoal inter.
    G04 SL Touring Package
    T01 Dynamic Control Package
    Floor Mats
    Splash Guards
    Cargo Area Proctector
    Sunroof wind deflector
    MSRP: $35,390
    Invoice + Destination: $32,325
    Paid: $32,540

Rosenthal Nissan, Tysons Corner VA.

Very, very happy with the car.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Take a look at this discussion: CarsDirect.com experiences

tidester, host
  • gbuachargbuachar Member Posts: 9
    I found the MSRP and the invoice on the cars quoted. Please help, I need suggestions.

03 SE AWD no package 3K miles MSRP 31139 Inv 28679 quote 27500

04 SL AWD Touring/Towing MSRP 35400 Inv 32289 quote 32000

Leaning towards 04 since it is newer.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    I would get the '04. you have already lost a full year of depriciation on the '03 already.
    I found a 2004 Murano SE (Polished Pewter) with my desired configuration using the Nissan search feature. I contacted the internet sales person at the dealership and requested his best price after mentioning that I have been researching using Edmunds, KBB, and Cars Direct web sites. Here's what I was quoted:

Model: SE
    Exterior: Polished Pewter
    Interior: Cafe Latte Leather

Drivetrain AWD

Packages and Options
    Dynamic Control Package $750
    Nissan Navigation System $2000
    Power Glass Sunroof Incl.
    SE Touring Package $4000

Accessories
    Cargo Area Protector $70
    Carpeted Floor Mats $80
    Splash Guards $100
    Sunroof Wind Deflector $70

Base MSRP
    $30,750.00

Total Packages, Options, & Accessories
    $7,070.00

Destination & Handling
    $540.00

Total MSRP: $38,360.00
    Invoice: $34,907
    Carsdirect: $34,757
    Dealer quote: $34,107

I drove right down and bought my wife her new car at $800 below invoice with no hassles or hard sell. It really paid off reading all of the advice on the Edmunds web site. Thanks everyone for all of your help!
  • vsromanvsroman Member Posts: 95
    just wondering...also, what state are you in?
    vsroman-

I'm in the San Francisco bay area.

That price included everything but tax and license. After reading some of the other Edmund's forums I told the internet salesman that I wanted the 'drive away' price. He quoted me the $34,107 price + tax and license. He said there wouldn't be any other surprises and he was right.

The dealership did try to low ball me for my Nissan Maxima trade-in, but I pulled out my Kelly Blue Book wholesale price printouts for the various wear levels and they came back with a much more reasonable figure. It sure pays to do your research up front.

Now the only thing we're struggling with is figuring out all of the navigation system features, but that's the fun part.
  • calsixcalsix Member Posts: 3
    I have requested prices from dealers in area. Yesterday my husband and I went to one dealership to test drive car and see how many they have. Two things I noticed and would like you all to comment on. Several of the Muranos had condensation on the inside of car. Significant amounts. What would cause that and is that a problem? Also, my husband thinks I'm crazy, but the cup holders in the front, has anyone actually used both at the same time. Can they hold two larger size cups? And now just when I was comfortable with going with Murano, the problems "furby" has has me concerned.

Mechelle
    Mechelle-

Having just completed the purchase of a Murano a couple days ago and having looked at a number of them on the lot I can say that condensation was not an issue. Depending on your location and the weather conditions it may just be a case of nice humid warm air having it's moisture condensed out when the outside air temperature cooled down. You indicated a lot of condensation was present, but how much is a lot? Puddles? Moisture droplets on cold surfaces?

What region do you live in? How's the weather been? Has it recently cooled down quite a bit?

We only have 120 miles on our Murano, but we love it.
  • calsixcalsix Member Posts: 3
    The condensation covered the entire windshield, larger droplets. We live in Folsom CA, it has been cold 42degrees, and started raining today.

Mechelle
  • chaboomchaboom Member Posts: 2
    Heelllllpppp!

furby wrote on Dec 17, 2003 that he/she paid $32,907 for a '04 Murano SL AWD with SL Touring Package, floor mats, splash guards, cargo protector, and sunroof wind deflector. Does the paid price include tax, title & registration, and destination?

I ran the numbers based on a MSRP of $29,800 and added all the additional options onto the car plus tax, title & reg, and destination, and came up with the following:

MSRP Price $29,800

OPTIONS:
    SL Touring Package $4,300
    Dynamic Control Package $750
    Sunroof with deflector $70
    Carpeted Floor Mats $80
    Cargo Area Protector $70
    Splash Guards $100

SUBTOTAL $35,170

Destination Charge $540
    Title & Registration $174
    Tax (California) $2,902

TOTAL $38,786

Does the PAID price include tax, title & registration, and destination?
    chaboom...$32,907 is just the vehicle price. Add $273 for license/title/fees and $2385.76 (7.25%) sales tax. I only found this website after I purchased the Murano. From what I've been reading on this forum, it sounds like it pays to shop around and get a few internet quotes.
  • chaboomchaboom Member Posts: 2
    furby...thanks for all the great information. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!
  • lrboxlrbox Member Posts: 1
    We just purchased a black Murano SL 2WD on 12/30/03 in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex and we love it. We contacted the dealership via internet first which after dealing with most of the dealers in DFW if seems that contacting the dealer on the internet first is best.
    Trophy Nissan gave us a no-haggle price of $32,979.95 for all the following: SL, 2WD, Touring Package (Cafe Latte Leather), Dynamic Control, Chrome Wheels, Carpeted Mats, Splash Guards, Sunroof Deflector, Cargo Net, Window Tint, Pinstripe, Wood Dash Appliques.
    This price was about $800 over invoice and at least a $1000 cheaper than any other dealer in our area had quoted us.
  • paddle1paddle1 Member Posts: 1
    I saw the deal that wilsoniii got in San Francisco. I am going to get a MO by next Wednesday. A Santa Clara Broker said he can get me one for $300 under invoice in San Jose. I am going to try CARMAX for a Greenville SC price (my sone lives there). My wife wanted to get it through COSCO but from reading posts on this site it doesnt sound that great. Any other suggestions?
    Paddle1-

Email the internet sales person at the Dublin Auto Center's Nissan dealership to see what they offer you. You can get the email address here:

http://www.dublinautocenter.com/index.asp

First check the Nissan web site to see if they have the exact model you want and then give them the VIN number for it. Be sure to mention that you've done all of the research on Edmunds, Cars Direct, etc. and tell them you want their best price. I didn't tell them what offers I had already received. It was worth the 40 mile drive for me.

Please post what they offer you. I keep wondering if they offered me a great deal because I bought on the normally slow day after Christmas.

Oh yeah, and if you plan to trade your vehicle, be sure you print out what it's worth. That's where you'll probably get low balled unless you are prepared.
  • bmerchant1bmerchant1 Member Posts: 11
    My Murano was purchased Dec 28, I went for the bare bones SL. The only add on were floor mats, mud guards and a rear cargo mat. The Dealer threw in that back cargo cover because he liked me or something. ( I bought an Altima from him last year.)
    I looked at some great stuff and figured I did not need a Nav system. I usually stick in a 100 mile area of home. Don't need AWD, it may snow where I live once a year. Heated seats? Again, not much need in Atlanta.
    I did beat the manager into submission at 25,500.
    Now I know this is a great price because I called some other dealers and they said 25,500! and you did not buy it? They said I had them beat and they did not even try to talk me into their show room. Tax's and some other BS fees got me out the door at about 27,000.00.
    So far we love the car. I find myself at 10PM in the garage just to look at it.
    To the person above asking about condensation, no sign of any at home or at the Dealer. Just maybe cars sit around without heat or air being run and without any venting, well I guess that can happen. I would not concern myself. Look at the reviews on this car from owners, did not see any complaints about that.
    Can anyone help with a question? As I said, I got the bare bone model. Mind you, its still quite loaded with features even without costly options. The one item I do not have and maybe I want are the roof rails. I'll never use them, they just dress the car. Anyone know how much I might pay for the rails and installation?
    Thanks Bob
    After reading a few posts on extended warranty and service plan, I'm beginning to suspect the dealer did not sell me a Nissa service plan. I remembered specifically asking if what he is selling me is a Nissan extended warranty and he said "yes". After reading through the Nissan website, I'm beginning to have doubts. First of all, my contract has "Transcon Vehicle Service Contract" at the top. I don't see "Gold Coverage" any where on the contract. I got something called "Ultimate". I have another 30 days to cancel this contract. I would like to get the Nissan Gold coverage for 7yr/100K.
    What should I expect to pay for this?
    Can I get this service plan from any dealer? Hoping someone could help. Thanks.
  • kyim67kyim67 Member Posts: 13
    I purchased the Nissan Gold coverage at a nissan dealership where I purchase the Murano for $1200 for 7yr/100K coverage. I was told you can purchase this anytime before the factory warranty expire.

For my 1999 Maxima, I recieved the extended warranty offer in the mail directly from Nissan.
    Thank you for the help on the service plan. I went back to the dealer where I got my Murano and asked for a refund of 3rd party warranty. I asked for a quote on the Nissan extended warranty and they said they don't sell it. I called Nissan Corp and they said dealers do not have to participate in that program. So I called around to get quotes on the 7yr/100K Gold Preferred with a $50 deductible. A dealer offered me about $1300. Glad I found this group.

Love my car. The Glacier White MO reminds me of a white polar bear lying on his tummy with his legs tucked under him. Cute!
  • dweiserdweiser Member Posts: 288
    I love my white Mo too. Was leaving a Chinese restaurant one day on my way to my car and some people were walking past my Murano. "Hey look, it looks like a giant running shoe", said one. He didn't know it was my car. But you know what? He was right, it does! It just doesn't smell like one!!
    :)
  • roardesignroardesign Member Posts: 1
    I started my negotiations at $27,000 and then went up from there. The dealer started at the sticker of $31,000. I knew that invoice for my car was $28,700 with options. But I low-balled them from the get go. I ended up paying $29,000 for my 2004 Murano SL. My only options was the Sunroof package with Bose. It also came with a Sunroof deflector and trunk mat. I was hoping to get it below invoice. But I still think it was a good deal. And I love my Murano.

Good Luck.
  • smilee39smilee39 Member Posts: 2
    Hi! I'm looking to purchase a 2004 SL with navigation. Unfortunately, you can't get the NAV without getting almost everything else. Visited one dealership in Bergen County so far. What should I expect to pay? Has anyone actually seen a Deep Bordeaux Murano? The carsdirect.com price is $33,810. Any input/opinions (Bergen County area buyers especially) is appreciated. Thanks.
  • nitelynitely Member Posts: 7
    wilsoniii,

I also live in SF and looking for a good deal for a 04 murano se. Been reading all the post here in edmunds about the murano and finally saw your post regarding dublin auto center. I would like to thank you for recommending them to paddle1 as I saw it too. I emailed the internet guy and he quoted me the same 800 under invoice. My question to you is this; besides the under the invoice price + tax and license, was there a documentation fee of 45, a ca tire fee of 5, and a 15 besides the 244 for dmv fees. Are these normal/standard fees added on beside the tax and license. I don't know exactly what the 15 on dmv fee is for. He emailed me these figures and it looks right except for these fees. I thought price of car + tax + license and that is it. However, there is 68 dollar difference due to these other fees. Not that I am really complaining but wanna make sure these are always added when buying a new car. Thanks again.
  • smithmedtronicsmithmedtronic Member Posts: 9
    Is anyone aware of the current incentives being offered to dealers to move remaining 2003 Murano's?

I'm considering an 03' SL AWD with an invoice price of just over 30K against a 33K list. The dealer is offering it for $28,995...leading me to believe there's got to be Nissan $$ behind it.

Thoughts and thanks,
  • tcgpaytcgpay Member Posts: 6
    I am getting ready to close on a 2004 SL AWD with the SL Touring package, splash guards, floor mats, cargo area protector, 2 free oil changes and the roof rail crossbars installed (when they become available.

My purchase price before tax and tags is $31,933.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
    If you are considering an extended warranty from Nissan, try to negotiate that up front. I got my Preferred Gold 7yr/100K for about $1300.
    Furby

Thanks for the info. This is what I have on the table

5yr/75K $0 deductible $999
    7yr/70K $50 deductible $1,022

As I put about 12K per year I am leaning towards the 7yr as it will get me about 6 years of coverage.

What do you think?
  • dboatdboat Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased an '04 base SL AWD Murano with the only options of mud flaps, cargo protector and floor mats in Portland, OR.

MSRP - $30,700
    Invoice - $28,241
    Price Paid - $26,997

Did most of my negotiating over the phone prior to going to the dealer including securing a site unseen quote for my trade which they honored.
  • marvindmarvind Member Posts: 16
    Hi
    I have recieved a quote from a local dealer for a 2004 Murano SL with premium package, floor mats and mud flaps. Invoice price is $27900 and the dealers quote is $500 over invoice. I just want to know whether this is a good price or can the dealer be negotiated to invoice price.
    Thanks.
    Marvind-

If you go to message #286 you can see that I was able to buy an SE AWD for $800 below invoice. You didn't mention what area you are in. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and purchased mine the day after Christmas. All of the pricing was negotiated using email after I located the vehicle I wanted using Nissan's inventory search feature. I provided the VIN number of the vehicle on the dealers lot and was given a price of $800 below invoice. The only other fees were taxes and license. The state of California adds in a $5 tire disposal fee, and there was a DMV documentation fee, but other than that the price was exactly as promised.

Go back and search the Nissan inventory in your area using the Nissan web site, and then identify the internet sales manager for the dealership(s) to see if you can get a lower price. Depending on the area I'll bet you can. You can use the additional money you save to buy an extended warranty. I used Google to locate the dealership's web site and contacts.

Please share what happens and what area of the country you are shopping in. Your profile says you are in the USA which doesn't pin it down to much.
    Thanks Wilsoniii. I live in Greensboro, NC.I will try to get quotes through internet and also look through the inventory. Most of them list MSRP which is pretty absurd for this vehicle.My guess is anything more than invoice price is not worth it. The reason is even the Toyota guys come down on the price that is close to invoice. Since Nissan does not have the track record of Toyota in reliability paying the full MSRP is really not worth it in my opinion. I have checked on 2003 muranos that are still not sold and the dealer is happy to give it away at over 1200 below invoice but I wanted a 2004 model with black exterior and cafe latte interior which is not available in the 2003 stock.I will let you guys know next week after the purchase.
    Thanks
    Marvind-

Are you sure that the invoice price for the '04 Murano with Premium Package was $27,900. That looks more like the base invoice. Good luck.
    dboat,

I am positive that the invoice price for the 2004 Murano SL 2WD with premium package and mud gaurds, carpets is 27907.00. I checked it again at Kelly blue book new car values and at edmunds.com. The retail price is 31000 which is pretty steep. I say this because you can get a Honda Pilot EX or a Toyota Highlander 2WD limited for 28600 at our local dealers. Carsdirect sells a 2WD murano SL with the premium package for 28200.No haggling atll.

Thanks
    Marvind-

I was thinking AWD so thats where I made the mistake - sorry about that. I think that if you can get the price below invoice then go for it. I managed to get about $1,200 below invoice for an '04 base model AWD that was on a weekly ad. I have had the car for a week now and I love it. I don't understand some of the complaints about the CVT. It is the most responsive and smooth transmission that I have ever driven.

A local dealer was advertising all remaining '03 Muranos at $5000.00 off MSRP in this weeks ad.
    I agreed to the following this past Saturday. I live in NJ.

2004 SL AWD
    Touring package
    floor mats
    mud guards
    Wind deflector
    Cargo area protector
    DVD Player

$33,367 (My calculation shows this being $79 over invoice)

I also obtained the Nissan Gold Plus 7yr/100K warrantly with a $0 deductible for $1,022

I think I did rather well on this deal but would love some feedback
    Hi

I finalised the deal today at our local Nissan dealer. I bought a Murano SL, glacier white pearl with cafe latte interior,premium package, mud gaurds and carpet. Paid $400 above invoice as this was the going price in North Carolina. Had multiple quotes from several dealers including carsdirect.com and invoicedealers.com for the same price. Since the local dealer was very courteous at High Point Nissan I decided to buy it from them. The salesman did not haggle once I told him what I wanted and the price I was going to pay. Took less than 30 minutes to get the paperwork and I was out of the door.The vehicle was not readily available but the salesman found one that was available nearby and I will be taking delivery in a couple of days. ALL in all a good experience from High Point Nissan.I will post the driving experience in a few days.

marvind
    tcgpay

Message #317

That is a great price for all the stuff you got. The MSRP is over 36000 dollars. Any price within a 100 dollars of invoice is a great price. I assume you got the color and the interior you wanted. If you did you cant beat the price for a 2004 murano. Keep us posted on how you like the SUV.
    marvind
  • dm11dm11 Member Posts: 2
    I live in Portland....considering this car...where did you get yours in PDX??
    dm11 -

I purchased mine from Ron Tonkin Nissan. It was Thomason that had '03 advertised at $5,000.00 off MSRP. I would request a quote through the internet from all the local dealers and negotiate before you go there. I had a great experience from Tonkin but it was a car on ad so there was not a lot of negotiating. Good luck, you will love this car/SUV.
  • mpaumpau Member Posts: 1
    Hi dboat,

The same folks you bought from quoted me $27800 for a SL FWD. You said you got your AWD SL for $27000. Would you be kind enough to share your secret with me? I got a quote from the people at Dublin Auto Mall in the Bay area for the SL FWD for about $26000 and seriously consider getting it from down there and have the car shipped up here to Seattle.