Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Infiniti QX60 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    jaffmanjaffman Member Posts: 51
    i forgot to ask residual value of these cars too. thank you!
    jaffman said:

what is MF and invoice of the following 2 cars, both 2015 QX60 39mo/10k year? are there any lease cash deals or other incentives available this month (july) for these cars? lease would be in ny if that makes a difference. thanks

car#1:
    premium package
    premium plus package
    driver assist package

Car#2
    premium package
    premium plus package
    driver assist package
    deluxe touring package

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    jaffman said:

i forgot to ask residual value of these cars too. thank you!

jaffman said:

what is MF and invoice of the following 2 cars, both 2015 QX60 39mo/10k year? are there any lease cash deals or other incentives available this month (july) for these cars? lease would be in ny if that makes a difference. thanks

car#1:
    premium package
    premium plus package
    driver assist package

Car#2
    premium package
    premium plus package
    driver assist package
    deluxe touring package

You can use the pricing tools at the top of the page - make / model / year - to get the MSRP, invoice and TMV prices.

39/10 numbers for the QX60 are .00089 and 58% for FWD; add 1% for AWD.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    thank you michaell! are you aware of any lease cash deals or other similar incentives for july? i am in ny if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    jaffman said:

thank you michaell! are you aware of any lease cash deals or other similar incentives for july? i am in ny if that makes a difference.

I don't see any lease cash for Infiniti. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist; I just don't have that information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    assuming there is lease cash available, where is the lease cash deducted from when calculating lease price? is it deducted from the final 'purchase price' that is negotiated for the car? or somewhere else?

thank you very much for your help.
  • Options
    jaffman said:

assuming there is lease cash available, where is the lease cash deducted from when calculating lease price? is it deducted from the final 'purchase price' that is negotiated for the car? or somewhere else?

thank you very much for your help.

Yes, you negotiate your best selling price, then deduct the lease cash from it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    further75further75 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015
    Hey all, we're looking at a 2015 QX60 AWD Premium Plus. We live in New Jersey (7% tax)
    Lease agent gave us the following deal:
    39 mo/10k miles - $459/mo - $1900 due at signing
    We currently have a G37x who's lease is up September 27th.... We have one payment left and a $395 disposition fee. This $459 includes the last payment and are told that if we lease another Inifiti they waive the disposition fee and also provide $500 in damage allowance (dings/dents).
    Is this a good deal?
    Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    further75 said:

Hey all, we're looking at a 2015 QX60 AWD Premium Plus. We live in New Jersey (7% tax)
    We currently have a G37x who's lease is up September 27th.... We have one payment left and a $395 disposition fee. This $459 includes the last payment and are told that if we lease another Inifiti they waive the disposition fee and also provide $500 in damage allowance (dings/dents).
    Is this a good deal?
    Thanks for the help!

MSRP? Selling price? Breakdown of the $1900 due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

further75 said:

Is this a good deal?
    Thanks for the help!

MSRP? Selling price? Breakdown of the $1900 due at signing?
    MSRP is $51k, selling price not sure cause we're going through a lease agent so he hasn't give that info but will ask for it. $1900 includes first month, taxes, title, dmv, etc.
  • Options
    also, Further, what packages are you getting in the car? premium? premium plus? something else?
  • Options
    jaffman said:

also, Further, what packages are you getting in the car? premium? premium plus? something else?

Premium plus, the one with the Navi. Nothing else.
  • Options
    tec7tec7 Member Posts: 11
    Can you provide MF and residual for 39/12 QX60 4x4 in Ohio?
  • Options
    tec7 said:

Can you provide MF and residual for 39/12 QX60 4x4 in Ohio?

58% and .00089

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    infiniti really seems to be having some good deals on 2015 qx60s... lease cash, low MF, etc. But from what i have read on the internet about the 2016 model, there is more room in the 2016, just not sure how much more room. also supposed to be improved technology in the 2016. it looks like infinit usually tries really hard to push the year end models out the door before the new year models arrive.

anyone have an opinion as to whether it would be better off to wait for the 2016 or should i take a good deal on a 2015?

thanks for any input.
  • Options
    jaffman said:

infiniti really seems to be having some good deals on 2015 qx60s... lease cash, low MF, etc. But from what i have read on the internet about the 2016 model, there is more room in the 2016, just not sure how much more room. also supposed to be improved technology in the 2016. it looks like infinit usually tries really hard to push the year end models out the door before the new year models arrive.

anyone have an opinion as to whether it would be better off to wait for the 2016 or should i take a good deal on a 2015?

thanks for any input.

Probably much better deals on the '15's as dealers work to clear out stock. No idea what the lease numbers on the 2016's will look like once they arrive at the dealers, but I'd guess not as good as for the 15's.

The longer you wait, the thinner the stock becomes, so you may not get your preferred color, option, etc.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    argus512argus512 Member Posts: 5
    jaffman said:

thanks for any input.

DO you know how much is the lease cash and for what models?
  • Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    jaffman said:

thanks for any input.

There is not a single legitimate web site that has information on changes to the 2016 QX60 besides the Infiniti announced fact that the Hybrid has been eliminated for 2016. All of the web site that you see when you search for 2016 QX60 are BS web sites who's sole purpose is to show ads. They are written by people paid by the article to pump out as much crud as possible. On one of those wonderful sites I saw that the 2016 QX60 was going to be upgraded with leather, heated seats and touch navigation. Wow, my 2015 has all of that, maybe I bought a 2016 by mistake!

If there were going to be major changes to the '16, especially things like more room we would have already heard about it from real web sites, and probably Infiniti themselves. Expect the 2016 to be the same as the 2015 with maybe a subtle change here and there.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    jeepwrangler5jeepwrangler5 Member Posts: 6
    Is this a good deal.Base FWD 2015 QX60. 39 month 10K. MSRP 43605. RF 58%. MF .00089. 0 down only first payment due at lease signing. 525 all in. This is in Texas. My calculations tell me it should be closer to 500. Thoughts? And as always much appreciated.
  • Options
    Sorry sales price of 39,758. 
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,224

Sorry sales price of 39,758. 

I get $429/mo.. of course, this doesn't include tax or the acquisition fee..

The difference is about $3600.. If the extra costs on top of the selling price = $3600, then the calculations are correct. The money factor and residual are correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Picking up my car tomorrow. Here is the final breakdown. Base FWD QX60. MSRP 43,605. Selling Price 38,042. 39 Month at 10K miles. In Texas. Trading in my Jeep for 13,250 but taking 100% of the cash as a payout. Nothing due at lease signing but my first payment. All in 476.80 a month. Did I get a good deal?
  • Options

Picking up my car tomorrow. Here is the final breakdown. Base FWD QX60. MSRP 43,605. Selling Price 38,042. 39 Month at 10K miles. In Texas. Trading in my Jeep for 13,250 but taking 100% of the cash as a payout. Nothing due at lease signing but my first payment. All in 476.80 a month. Did I get a good deal?

.00089 MF and 58% residual.

Seem really good.. Did you get a tax credit for your trade? Because without that, I get around $500/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jjac0413jjac0413 Member Posts: 2
    With the info I have, does this sound like the start of a decent deal?

2015 QX60 with Deluxe Touring, Premium Plus, Technology, Theater and Cargo packages
    msrp: 57,670
    sales price $51,991 (they use "True Price" so they say they don't negotiate)
    39 mo/12 miles/yr
    $1000 down includes 1st payment, tag and other fees
    NC tax on vehicle purchase is 3% - but I'm not sure how that factors into a lease here.
    $695/mo

Thank you for any opinions.
  • Options
    jjac0413 said:

With the info I have, does this sound like the start of a decent deal?

2015 QX60 with Deluxe Touring, Premium Plus, Technology, Theater and Cargo packages
    msrp: 57,670
    sales price $51,991 (they use "True Price" so they say they don't negotiate)
    39 mo/12 miles/yr
    $1000 down includes 1st payment, tag and other fees
    NC tax on vehicle purchase is 3% - but I'm not sure how that factors into a lease here.
    $695/mo

Thank you for any opinions.

MF is .00089; residual for FWD is 57%; for AWD, 58%.

Using your MSRP and sales price, I get a pre-tax payment of $565.76 for FWD and $551.49 for AWD.

My guess is that some of the upfront cost (bank fee, dealer fee, etc.) are being added into the cap cost. Ask the dealer what the cap cost is and how they got there from the selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    peiboypeiboy Member Posts: 6
    Qx60 with premium package awd 39 month and 12k per year. Msrp is 51.5k. They are offering 598 per month with first month payment and dealer fees. No cap cost reduction. How close is that to a good deal?
  • Options
    peiboy said:

Qx60 with premium package awd 39 month and 12k per year. Msrp is 51.5k. They are offering 598 per month with first month payment and dealer fees. No cap cost reduction. How close is that to a good deal?

Don't know .. what is the selling price?

58% and .00089 for 39/12.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ray_aray_a Member Posts: 19
    I am in the market for 15 QX60 AWD with premium and premium plus package (possibly Theater package). How much off of MSRP should I be targeting and what is the MF for 39/12?
  • Options
    ray_a said:

I am in the market for 15 QX60 AWD with premium and premium plus package (possibly Theater package). How much off of MSRP should I be targeting and what is the MF for 39/12?

.00089 and 58%.

I don't track selling prices; use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to Edmunds' pricing tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    SehKonNJdudeSehKonNJdude Member Posts: 20
    About to sign a deal in NJ. Please advise ..

MSRP: $51,225 which is a 2015 QX60 AWD premium/premium plus
    Selling Price: $45,070.26 (before tax)
    Money Factor is .00089
    Residual for 12k is 58% & 15k is 56%
    Taxes: 7%

39 months 12,000 miles per year with only $1500 due at signing $516.87 /month all taxes included
  • Options

Money Factor is .00089

39 months 12,000 miles per year with only $1500 due at signing $516.87 /month all taxes included

I get $528/mo with those numbers, so your quote looks pretty good by comparison.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ray_aray_a Member Posts: 19
    Michaell said:

ray_a said:

.00089 and 58%.

I don't track selling prices; use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page to link to Edmunds' pricing tools.
    Are you aware what incentive dealers are getting and whether that will change from July to August? The couple dealers I have been talking to stated that their incentives will run out at the end of this month. Thanks

• Options
    ray_a said:

Michaell said:

ray_a said:

.00089 and 58%.

Are you aware what incentive dealers are getting and whether that will change from July to August? The couple dealers I have been talking to stated that their incentives will run out at the end of this month. Thanks

We don't have the dealer incentive information for Nissan.

The current program is only good through the 31st. But, it's very rare for incentives to be removed from vehicles, once they are on.. Occasionally a small incentive ($500 or so) will only be available for a Holiday promotion, but the big ones generally stay on, until the vehicle is sold.

However, lease programs sometimes do change at the end of the model year.. meaning the good programs could go away, replaced by purchase incentives. Will that happen at the end of this month? Doubtful, but no guarantees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    SehKonNJdudeSehKonNJdude Member Posts: 20

Thanks .. just picked up the car. Dealer experience was very good - let me know if anyone in NJ wants dealer name or details. Everything done on phone/email just sign up and delivery/paperwork in person.
    Michaell said:

Money Factor is .00089

I get $528/mo with those numbers, so your quote looks pretty good by comparison.
  • Options

Thanks .. just picked up the car. Dealer experience was very good - let me know if anyone in NJ wants dealer name or details. Everything done on phone/email just sign up and delivery/paperwork in person.

Michaell said:

Money Factor is .00089

You are free to post dealer and salesman names .. just no contact information (phone, email or address)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    tummymummatummymumma Member Posts: 4
    I think my deal was pretty good. Picked up the car today. w/Touring/Theater/Tech/P/PP

MSRP: $59,275
    Sale Price: $50,425.00
    Sales Tax: 8.75%
    Payment: 493.00/12k miles

Total OOP approx: 3500 including first months. 549 Doc Fee, 700 Acquisition, 1600ish in taxes, $350 DMV

• Options

I think my deal was pretty good. Picked up the car today. w/Touring/Theater/Tech/P/PP

MSRP: $59,275
    Sale Price: $50,425.00
    Sales Tax: 8.75%
    Payment: 493.00/12k miles

Total OOP approx: 3500 including first months. 549 Doc Fee, 700 Acquisition, 1600ish in taxes, $350 DMV

Congrats on the new Infiniti! That's a big discount!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I love the car, The collision and safety features are great. I learned a couple of things during this process. When you are getting prices, go to the dealer website and pick out the actual car (give them a stock number). This will help you compare apples to apples. Also, ask for a $0 out of pocket, even if you wish to pay the taxes up front. This will also help you compare. Some tricks that dealers use are getting the same packages in cars, but leaving off accessories to change the price. My car has roof rails, Splash Guards, cross Rails, Kick Plates etc, but those accessories can cost over 2k.
  • Options
    polmcspolmcs Member Posts: 27
    Have the MF and residual numbers been released for August yet? Looking at 39 months, 10K per year, FWD please.

Also, I plan on turning in an expiring lease on my current JX. The car has about 15K less miles than what was allowed on the old lease. Using the Edmunds tradein calc, the value of the car is about $3K more than the lease residual value. Should I be able to unlock some of that equity to help with the new lease payments?

Thanks in advance,
  • Options
    polmcs said:

Also, I plan on turning in an expiring lease on my current JX. The car has about 15K less miles than what was allowed on the old lease. Using the Edmunds tradein calc, the value of the car is about $3K more than the lease residual value. Should I be able to unlock some of that equity to help with the new lease payments?

Ask yourself this. If the car were worth less than the lease residual would you let Infiniti charge you the difference? Nope, because you have a contract with them, and it goes both ways.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options

polmcs said:

Ask yourself this. If the car were worth less than the lease residual would you let Infiniti charge you the difference? Nope, because you have a contract with them, and it goes both ways.
    You can buy the JX at the stated residual value at the end of the lease, then trade it in on the new QX60. However, we've always recommended not using trade equity as a down payment on a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    hyun1120hyun1120 Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2015
    Michaell said:

polmcs said:

You can buy the JX at the stated residual value at the end of the lease, then trade it in on the new QX60. However, we've always recommended not using trade equity as a down payment on a lease.

Sometimes you can bypass the purchasing of the vehicle, and just do the transaction as if you are doing a trade in. Example, if your residual is 25k, and if you can get them to give you 27k for it, you can use the 2k to use as down payment, or, as recommended, take a check for 2k and pocket it, or use it do MSD to lower the MF.

But be prepared to get low-balled when trying to get some equity in the trade-in. It doesn' matter if you have 20k miles less. They'll quote you on whatever the value they get a the auction for the vehicle around that time.
  • Options
    polmcs said:

Have the MF and residual numbers been released for August yet? Looking at 39 months, 10K per year, FWD please.

Thanks in advance,

If you are turning the car in, then no equity. If you are trading it in somewhere before the lease is up, then you may realize some trade equity.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    polmcspolmcs Member Posts: 27

polmcs said:

Thanks for the replies folks. I would have no issue if the car was worth more than the residual if it had anywhere close to the contractual mileage as that is what the contract stated. That's the risk that the lease company takes and I would imagine that they are right more often than not, or else they would all be out of business. If I go over the contractual mileage, then I have to pay an excess charge as the car will most certainly be worth less than the residual. I was hoping that if my first statement as you put it "goes both ways", then the same would apply with under utilization as the car should be worth more to the lease company come time to turn it in.I guess not.

I have a few months before the lease is up, so I can figure out if I want to buy out the car at the end of the lease in order to keep that equity, or just turn it in. With Infiniti, the car has to be turned in at an Infiniti dealer, so I don't have the option of trading it in elsewhere and going with a different manufacturer to try to unlock some of the equity that way.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    polmcs said:

If I go over the contractual mileage, then I have to pay an excess charge as the car will most certainly be worth less than the residual. I was hoping that if my first statement as you put it "goes both ways", then the same would apply with under utilization as the car should be worth more to the lease company come time to turn it in.I guess not.

Going over the contracted miles is a separate issue then the residual value. Your car could be worth much less at the end of the lease and you could still be under on the miles. The lessor would still have to eat the difference. Infiniti tends to set residuals high to create attractive lease rates. I have turned in 5 Infinitis and not one had a trade-in value that was greater then the residual payoff, and I don't put a lot of miles on my cars. The last one was a 2012 G and it only had 22,000 miles after 39 months. The residual payoff was almost $2,000 more then the trade-in value.

There is risk to both sides on a lease, that is why the hard fast rule on the contracted residual. As others have pointed our here you could do a trade-in and maybe recoup some of the difference between value and payoff. Of course you also muck up the deal when you throw things like that in. Also don't forget the $395 lease disposition fee that you will have to pay if you do so. There is no such fee if you turn in the leased car and lease another Infiniti.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    Also, do not forget that if you buy the car at the end of the lease, you have to pay sales tax on the purchase. In NY atleast, you only pay tax on the portion you use when you lease, which means you probably have to pay the rest if you buy it out. I do not think there is a disposition fee if you buy it out... I may be wrong though.
  • Options

Also, do not forget that if you buy the car at the end of the lease, you have to pay sales tax on the purchase. In NY atleast, you only pay tax on the portion you use when you lease, which means you probably have to pay the rest if you buy it out. I do not think there is a disposition fee if you buy it out... I may be wrong though.

I believe that is correct ... if you buy the car at end of the lease, the disposition fee is waived. You pay it only if you turn the car in at the end of the lease and walk away.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Michaell said:

I believe that is correct ... if you buy the car at end of the lease, the disposition fee is waived. You pay it only if you turn the car in at the end of the lease and walk away.

Yes the $395 lease disposition fee is waived if you buy the car. But there is a $300 purchase option fee.

2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options

Michaell said:

Yes the $395 lease disposition fee is waived if you buy the car. But there is a $300 purchase option fee.

That seems wrong... :p

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    Didn't mean to imply that you were wrong... just purchase option fees in general.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator