Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    drewbadrewba Member Posts: 154
    What Acura Dealer did you go to? That's about the best deal I've seen in the Northwest. I'm seriously thinking about heading down to Cali to pick up my TSX. The money I'll save will easily pay for the trip, and maybe a night or two in Vegas where I can gamble away my extra savings

======================================================

I bought the car from Acura of Seattle. I started out offering just over invoice and we ended up at $26,450. I really wasn't willing to go any higher yesterday and the salesperson understood that.

I'd say the sales experience was highly positive. They looked at my trade promptly and the negotiations went quickly as opposed to past car buying experiences where the sales rep takes in an offer and it takes 10-15 minutes of waiting each round.
  • Options
    marcusomarcuso Member Posts: 2
    You can get a much better deal than that. I got mine from Acura of Portland (manual w/ nav) for $27,759. And they offered the one without nav for $25,759.
  • Options
    You can get a much better deal than that. I got mine from Acura of Portland (manual w/ nav) for $27,759. And they offered the one without nav for $25,759.

================================================================

It's hard to tell in total because I had a trade, but the dealer before the one where I bought the car wouldn't go below $26,800 and let me walk out the door. Could I have gotten better than $26,450 if I'd kept shopping and bidding the dealers against each other? Probably, but I don't think there was another $700 out there. No matter what, I feel like I paid a fair price for a great car.
  • Options
    windyglasswindyglass Member Posts: 5
    Is the $26,450 the out the door price with tax and all other fees included or just the value of the car itself?
  • Options
    Is the $26,450 the out the door price with tax and all other fees included or just the value of the car itself?

===============================================================

That is for the car including wheel locks, splash guards and trunk tray. Including TTL it was $28,581.60. 9.1% sales tax hurts. :(
  • Options
    proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    Dont' forget our new 1.4% monorail tax for the next 50 years! Yeah for big government!
  • Options
    itayskiitayski Member Posts: 1
    sounds like a great deal ... what dealership did you get this at ? I am looking to get my wife a TSX in the next month or so ... will probably lease it though ... would love to hear from you, thanks
  • Options
    mbenson3mbenson3 Member Posts: 7
    I've done it! Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll close the deal tomorrow.

As it turns out, the dealer in Orlando said he could "probably" match my local deal, but definitely not beat it. I did have a call in to Acura of Orange Park but it took them a few days to get back to me.

I should mention that I did not trade my current car, nor did I finance through the dealership.
  • Options
    meg9713meg9713 Member Posts: 21
    Any advice, experience, or OTD prices paid when buying an 05 TSX in Connecticut? New York? New Jersey? Can anyone recommend a specific dealer? :)
  • Options
    superbjsuperbj Member Posts: 1
    fyi, I purchased a Black w/o nav in Mpls for 26,500 yesterday. They were willing to go a little lower on a different color, but black is high demand and I only found 2 in the metro area. At the end I added a couple options at cost.
  • Options
    jimmyjim1jimmyjim1 Member Posts: 2
    WELL MY BROTHER AND I PURCHASED TWO WHITE TSX WITH FULL NAVIGATION FOR 27300 EACH. HE GOT THE BODY KIT FOR 1300. WE BOUGHT AT ROUTE 23 Wayne, NJ. GO INTERNET SHOPPING. WE HAD THE DEAL ALSO AT THE RAMSEY NEW JERSEY DEALERSHIP. IF YOU CALL THE INTERNET GUY THEIR TELL HIM GUYS THAT WERE OFFERRED 27450 FROM HIM TOLD YOU TO GO THERE. SAY 27400 THEN WHEN IN THEIR SAY 27300. DOn't try to go under right away. his last price was 27300. But I say the guy at Ramsey was willing to Work with us More. In the END WE BOUGHT WAYNE 23 ONLY BECAUSE WE LIVE THERE. HE THREW IN CHEAP TRUNK TRAY AND WHEEL LOCKS WOULD NOT THROW IN SEASON MATS. I BET GUY AT RAMSEY WOULD HAVE THROWN IN CAR COVERS.
  • Options
    dalco2208dalco2208 Member Posts: 1
    First time new car buyer, so I dont have any experience bargaining w/ dealers. I got an internet quote for an 05 TSX manual tran/ w/Nav for $27,700. What do you guys think? What would be a good strategy to get him down lower, or to sweeten the offer. BTW, i'm in the Washington DC Area.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    That is a pretty decent offer..

E-mail him back.. ask him what other fees you will have to pay on top of the $27,700.. Add that onto the price... Then, make him an offer, inclusive of those fees... I'd ask for $27,200 including all fees.. And take anything at $27,700 inclusive or below... Taxes would be extra, of course..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jimmyjim1jimmyjim1 Member Posts: 2
    LAST DAY MONTH AND TWO CAR DEAL IS PROBABLY WHY WE GOT THAT PRICE THOUGH
  • Options
    stillageekstillageek Member Posts: 114
    That is a very good price. I paid $27.9 for my Auto TSX W/Navi at Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, TX. From what I have read on other TSX sites, Manu W/ Navi are somewhat rare.
  • Options
    tsxlonghorntsxlonghorn Member Posts: 13
    I paid $25,486 for a TSX w/o nav (auto) in carbon gray from McDavid Acura (Plano). I feel I got a good deal. Any other DFW folks bought their cars in the last week, if so what did you end up paying?
  • Options
    enchiladaenchilada Member Posts: 40
    tsxlonghorn - was that price out the door or was it plus TTL and fees?

Trying to decide between an Accord EXL and the TSX. The TSX is quite a bit more money, but I also like the styling better.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    miamirocksmiamirocks Member Posts: 17
    Anyone knows about either TSX or TL lease payments in the South Florida area?
    Specifically 36 month or 39 month leases through Honda Finance. Can you include in your responses total inception costs? My Accord 03 EXV6 36 month lease is up at the end of the year. My payments are 369.89 monthly. I got a sweet deal on this lease due at inception (first payment plus tag only) security deposit waived from Honda Finance. This was Jan 2, 2003 so I got an end of year deal. I am getting offered by Honda Finance an early release, if I lease another Honda/Acura. Thanks.
  • Options
    lostmap1lostmap1 Member Posts: 2
    Wish I had seen your post earlier.
    I got a quote today (7/2/05) from one dealership at $25,553, and the other dealership matched it. Probably should have said the quote was lower than it actually was. Oh well. Was it the one in the showroom? What kind of interest rate did you get?
  • Options
    jayhjayh Member Posts: 5
    I've been getting the run around about the delivery date on a TSX from my Acura dealer. He continues telling me the ETA date keeps being pushed back. Its been a week and a half since I was first told the car would be in. He says its still on a truck somewhere. Is there any way to track the shipping of the car, or find out a more specific date of arrival? Or are delays in delivery normal? Thanks.
  • Options
    gkg680gkg680 Member Posts: 25
    This happened a long time ago, but in May of 1996, I agreed to buy a new Acura CL coupe from a dealer in northern Illinois. My car was falling apart. I agreed to pay the dealer's price, left a deposit, etcetera.
    Weeks passed, and I kept getting the runaround. Irritated, I started phoning around the country to try to reach Acura management. I finally learned that the manufacturing plant in Ohio where my car would be built, was committed to make Hondas all summer, and that my car would arrive in the fall, if I was lucky.
    Your experience may differ, but I have always strongly suspected that the dealer knows exactly what's happening, and will never tell you. I bought a different brand of car off a dealer lot on July 3, after I learned that my Acura was not being built.
  • Options
    djc314djc314 Member Posts: 18
    If anyone has any input on this I would sure appreciate it. Thanks!
  • Options
    tsxlonghorntsxlonghorn Member Posts: 13
    I also was deciding between the TSX and the Accord EX-L. The Accord's styling is somewhat boring. But the TSX's styling, # of standard options, sportiness, and the fact you don't see many of them on the road sold me on it. Besides people actually notice the TSX while the Accord is just one of millions on the road. I'd definitely go with the TSX, you'll get a better car plus better service.

See my earlier post regarding finding a credit union. The best the dealership could do was 4.65% but I already had a better deal through my credit union.

$25,486 was the vehicle price. OTD price (including TTL) was $27,292.
  • Options
    u24everu24ever Member Posts: 13
    Hi, everyone.
    I am wondering what I was offered is a good deal. Gimme your advice.

New 2005 TSX without Nav. $25,760 plus tax, lic., dmv and CA tire disposal fees, including the wood trim kit. Out the door, the TSX (non-navigation) is $28,170, including the wood trim panel kit.

I am considering the premium white pearl color.

Is this a good deal? Could I get it down lower? What can I ask them to throw in to sweeten the offer?

I'm looking forward your advice. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    You didn't mention that you also have the 'protection package' of trunk tray, wheel locks, and splashguards. I would ask for that.

The invoice is about $25,350..so you are effectively paying $410 for the wood trim kit...which is kinda steep....if you pay $25,760.

I would ask for a lower price...let them balk....then hit them for a reduced price plus the 'protection package'.

Also...dependent on what interior color...I believe the wood trim kit may already be included...and should not be paying any extra. Believe parchment already have the wood trims...maybe.

Let us know what pricing you end up with...good luck.
  • Options
    Is it really true that the wood-look trim kit comes automatically with a parchment interior color? I thought it was an accessory, but one of the posts said that it comes automatically.

Please give me some idea. Thank you very much in advance. :)
  • Options
    mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    u24ever,

The TSX that has the parchment interior does have the wood grain interior, however, the wood trim kit that you would buy as an accessory covers more of the interior with the same wood grain...for example...there is no wood grain around the gear shift, a/c vents, etc...so when you buy the kit that is where they would go...
    I had a 04 TSX (now have an 05) white/parchment interior so I have first hand knowledge...
    Hope this answered your question...by the way, that interior is very sharpe, but a little advice...buy the all season mats at handaaccessories.com...the beige mats that come with the car are very nice...until that day when it rains or snows and they get dirty for the first time...I think the black all season mats are sharp looking and fit snug like they should...don't go messin' up your car with any Walmart special mats...hell your paying good money for an outstanding sports sedan...whats another $100 bucks for mats...or better yet have the dealer throw them in on the deal...one last thing...I think they may have beige all season mats now available from Acura....they are not currently listed on the handaaccessorries website but your local dealer may know more about them...I however would stick to black...they really offset the parchment interior...real nice!!
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    Ok....I now understand what you are mentioning regarding the trim kit. Yes...it is an add-on. However...pricing as I mentioned....could be improved upon. Incremental for the add-on is too much. And yes...get the all weather floor mats...they are worth it...even in California where there is no ice or snow...but rain and everyday stuff on the ground.
  • Options
    I emailed the internet manager again asking if the price included those accessories. She replied quickly. Here's what I got.

==============
    Good morning.

Our policy is that we do not add any forced accessories to our vehicles (with the exception of showroom cars.) This includes the protection package, all the way up to big accessories.

The price is simply for the TSX and the wood trim kit. I am selling the wood trim kit at our cost, and it does include the installation.

Keep in mind that there are only 10 of these cars in all of California at this time. I'm sure you know the price is very reasonable.
    =============

Is it true that there are only 10 white AT TSX's with wood trim kit in California? Or is she giving an empty threat? Need your advice.

Thank you in advance. :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much, folks! Now I got the whole picture. I will keep you guys updated with the deals.
  • Options
    u24ever,

Since the wood grain kit is an accessory...I assume she is talking about there only being 10 white TSX's in the whole state of Cali...kind of find that hard to believe...but I live in Florida and the dealership I just bought my at had 4 of them alone...But with as many dealers that are in Cali....??????
    Have you tried to shop around to various dealers in your area? Have you sent out multiple internet quote requests? IMO I would sent out internet requests within about a 200-250 miles radius of your location...taking a small road trip might be worth your time...if you only zero in on one dealer then you may not get what you want....I don't know your entire situation...but having read many...many posts on here it seems that dealers in Cali are giving great deals on the TSX...
    Keep grinding away though....always remember you are the consumer...you have the power to use your feet...trust me...it works...you would be amazed how fast they will call you back or stop you from leaving....
    Let us know!
  • Options
    tcwattcwat Member Posts: 10
    Ok, about to buy a new silver auto TSX w/o nav in DC. I've been told $800 off list is great because they are in short supply. But some posts on suggest that dealers will take much more off. Any insights? Is the market now tighter because we are close to the annual change over?

Thanks.
  • Options
    muffettmuffett Member Posts: 2
    Just a point of reference for others in the North East. I'm getting an '05 TSX Carbon Gray with Quartz interior, 6-sp with Navi for $27,500 + TTL from Acura of Boston + $150 "Acura" dollars to spend on oil changes or other extras. If you live in MA, they include state inspection stickers at No Charge for as long as you own the car (a nice touch).
  • Options
    Is this a good deal in St Louis?

'05 tsx, no nav, spoiler, all season mats, wheel locks, trunk tray, mud guards, splash guards, oil changes first four years....$27451 ...HIs break down on the car was $26,287 for the car and $1164 for upgrades which he says are at cost.

Price before ttl...may be $100 or so in form fees etc...I offered $27K straight up cash and he would not accept...on the side included a trade which he offered fair price....should I accept his deal...?

Response 1

think that $26,287 is not a bad deal for the car...but $1164 for the upgrades is real fat!! You can get the spoiler for no more than $500...so that would mean the rest of the items total $664...that's way to much...how many oil changes are you limited to? Most of that other stuff you can buy from handa-accessories.com for allot cheaper and install yourself! If they don't want to take the $27000 even then you have to ask yourself...how bad do I want this car? If they are giving me a fair price for my trade then maybe....
    Good luck and post your results!
    TSX's Rocks!

My Response Back

they give you an oil change every 5000 miles for four years and a loaner car while you wait...and he said the oil change is with synthetic oil---which he said is a great deal...I like the car a lot...but don't HAVE to over pay to have it...and surprisingly they didn't even blink when I walked out being only a few hundred dollars off thier number...I had my check book and was ready to pay cash and I told them...maybe I should have asked to meet directly with the Manager instead of having the salesperson doing my negotiations

Any more input?
  • Options
    djc314,

I was the one who you have listed in response 1...
    To follow up with you let me ask you a few questions....
    How many Acura dealers are there in St. Louis?
    Have you sent out requests for internet quotes? And if so, how many?
    The reason that I ask that is because if you are willing to go on a minni road trip then I would suggest sending out request for a range of 200-250 miles....around St. Loius....
    Case in point....I saved over $1300 bucks by going a misley 200 miles....
    I just bought an 05 TSX n/navi with spoiler, mud guards, wheel locks, protection package (free wax and leather treatment every 6 months) as well as free loaner car during service for a price of $25,378.00 plus TTL. This thing also has cool pin stripping on it that has the Acura symbol along the side....now I am not real keen on pin stripping...in fact most of the time I just have it removed....but this one is nice!!!
    So as you can see...prices are good if you are willing to travel...
    Now if you have a trade and they are giving you a fair price then you should still be able to get a better price on the new TSX...
    Good Luck!!
  • Options
    I am going to begin contacting Internet Managers in the Northeast for an '05 TSX/non-Navi. I live in CT, yet am summering in Long Island and my plan is to contact dealers in NY, CT, and NJ to find the best price. I don't mind taking a day to drive to NJ to pick up the car if it means getting the best price. What is some advice on how to approach these Internet Managers? When do I tell them what color I am looking for (Nighthawk/Parchment)?

When is the best time during negotiations to bring up that you want them to throw in the trunk tray/wheel locks/floor mats and you want the windows tinted (knowing I'll prob have the pay extra for the tinted windows)?
  • Options
    al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
    okay I am going to your dealership.

Name, state, city????

that is by far the best deal I have seen on this forum but hundreds of dollars.

the spoiler is always a expensive add on that they way over charge on
  • Options
    al63017,

All I did for this deal is place an internet quote request to Acura of Orange Park...
    They have a standing policy of answering you back in 4 business hours...
    Anyway...I sent the request on 23 June and did in fact receive my quote later that day...not sure about the 4 hour thing...but nonetheless...it was fast.
    When I got the request back the price was a flat rate of $25,370 plus TTL....
    This dealership is in Jacksonville Florida and if you go to their website I think it says they are the # 1 Volume Acura Dealer in the country (I think I read that)...
    Anywoo...they said they had 48 TSX's in stock ready for deilvery....so basically they were selling it at invoice....and they said that price was good for 1 month from the date of the email they sent me...fairly straight forward deal...if you want to email me offline I will tell you a few other things that I don't really want to mention here in this forum...but do check out their website...
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for your response. There are only two dealers in St. Louis...and I think they speak to eachother "off the record"...I will take your advice and look at Kansas City and Lawrence. If anyone on this site has experiece with dealers that are within close driving range of St. Louis that would be great.
  • Options
    ryno3ryno3 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I am new to the car buying industry, I need some advice. I am trying to decide between the Acura TSX and the Honda Accord EX. I like the styling and the feel of the TSX however, I was told they only take the premium gas and that once they break they cost much more than a Honda to fix. You can get a V6 Accord for less than the 4 cylinder TSX.
    (Many people are buying the Accord at 1800 dollars below invoice, whereas the TSX is going at invoice)
    I thought maybe someone else though the same thing and you could share with me how you made your decision, I know a car is more than just finances but I am really at a loss. I would really appreciate some help from the veterans. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    I received a quote from a LI dealership today for 25,800...I was looking to counteroffer 25,500, any suggestions? He said the car would be in July 17/18, how reliable is that?
  • Options
    tcwattcwat Member Posts: 10
    Ok, bought a 2005 TSX AT w/o Nav with the trunk tray, wheel locks, splash guards and cargo net for $25,896, plus a $100 processing fee and TTL at Chevy Chase Acura in Maryland. I'm happy with my deal, more than 2 grand off the MSRP and no hard sell or painful bargaining. I would not have gotten such a good price without reading what prices others were paying. And I don't have to worry that I was screwed even though I did not go through hours of bargaining. Thanks all!
  • Options
    al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
    Here is what I did. I went to kbb.com and looked at the trade in value for a 2004 tsx and a 2004 accord. That was all I needed the TSX retained much more value. I used 15000 miles for both cars. Also TSX has longer warranty, and free oil changes seems to be common. The premium gas will only cost you about 200.00 more a year at 20,000 annual miles and 30 cents more a gallon. Check my math I may be wrong but figured 28 mpg or 714 gallons and x .30 equals about 200.00 and the thirty cents may be high for the difference in price per gallon. I was surprised at the small amount between premium and regular over a year of driving. Not to say 200.00 is nothing but still a surprise.

I think you have to load up an Accord with leather, 6 disc cd, moon roof etc to compare pricing fairly for equivalent car. Also Acura dealers tend to put splash guards, floormats, etc and you can probably get those at cost rather than retail but you need to load up the Accord with the same options as close as possible before you compare. A cloth interior EX Accord is not the same car was what I discovered when I looked at options and prices.
  • Options
    I am not so certain if a TSX break....it would cost much more than a Honda to fix. Also....both cars are so darn reliable...it is less likely you will be in for any major repairs. I have owned five Acuras and no major component breakdowns.

The Acura TSX also has a longer warranty...which may help provide further peace of mind...and the potential of covering a cost of repair that may happen later in its life. The trade-in value should be better when that time comes also.

Regarding the need for premium fuel...the TSX gets better mileage...which will offset the price difference for premium.

One thing you might want to consider is that the Accord is a dime a dozen. The TSX provides some distinctness.

Best of luck in your decision making process.
  • Options
    got_vtecgot_vtec Member Posts: 22
    What is a good price for the body kit? (Edmunds doesn't show any options, and while there's an ad at the top of this page for handa-accessories, they have a lot of the items, but not that one. Another site had a good price, but expensive drop-shipping. So, even paying a lot at the dealer may not be much worse....) I don't see too many pics of the bodykit, and while normally I like spoilers, I'm not sure that the TSX needs one.

Most of the options, I figure I can buy online and install myself, and just save the hassle of dealing....

HEY mldj98, that's great info on the pricing. I had no idea they were selling near invoice. I understand that it's easier with an "internet pricing" quote, but if you walked into the same dealer, would you have gotten a similar deal? I do like to test drive things before buying... :-)
  • Options
    I am wondering how dealers register a vehicle just purchased. Do they register it on the spot via the DMV website? Or do they have to make a trip to DMV to do that? I am planning on buying a TSX over this weekend and pick it up later after I purchase a car insurance. So I just want to make sure that once I sign a contract, they can't cancel it easily to sell the car to another person. What should I do???

Thanks in advance... :)
  • Options
    got vtec,

If you know the internet pricing for that dealership you can still walk on that lot and get the same deal or better...factors that are involved with this are such things as:
    do you have a trade? Do you have financing? Are you gonna try and get financing at the dealership? How is your credit? Allot of people go to car lots trying to buy a $30,000 car on a $10,000 budget...and then they wonder why they cannot get the car they wanted...depending on where you buy your car there are a couple of ways dealerships work as far as who will get the sale...for example, I have been to dealerships before where I worked with the interent person on the numbers but when you actually go to the dealership they hand you off to a floor salesman...the numbers on the car stay the same it's just all of the leg work gets done by the saleman...the dealership I bought my TSX from the ineternet person takes the deal from cradle to grave....they give you the price...meet you on the showroom and take you all the way through delivery....
    As far as invoice pricing on the TSX...it was just a plain interent quote request I sent in and they sent a price back...nice and smooth...
    If you want to test drive the car before buying that obviously makes sense...I know I do that...but just because you test drive a car doesn't mean you have to buy it at that dealership...I do all of my research which includes test drives on all of my car purchases and then do the pricing wars through the interent. I test drove the TSX at my local Acura dealer...gave it the once over...inspected every aspect of the car...left that dealership after I was done and drove 200 miles noth of me and bought the same exact car for $1300 cheaper...so as you can see...just because I did all of my homework at the local dealership didn't mean I was going to buy it there...I was up front with the saleman from the start...I told him that I would be shopping around for the best price as any good consumer would and he had no problem with it...so the bottom line is do your research, shop around, take a mini road trip if need be, strike a good deal, be happy with your purchase...and how can you not be...it's Acura!
  • Options
    u24ever,

There are 2 ways dealers register newly purchased vehicles...one way is right there at the dealership...this would be done in the finance office...while you are sitting there doing the paperwork with the finance person they will go into the DMV data base and print you a registration right there on the spot...not many dealers do that but it is real cool...you leave the dealership with registration in hand...
    Most dealerships give you a 30 day temp registration or plate transfer paperwork depending on if you have a tag to transfer...either way it is temp...so the dealership has up to 30 days to process your paperwork and get your registration to you...every dealer has what is called a runner...it's a person who takes all of these car registrations down to the local DMV and has they processed...these runners usually go everyday...drop off a handful at a time and picks up a handful they dropped off the previous day...so as you can see the process takes the longest at the dealership...if they are a high volume dealer and they sold 100 cars over the weekend, which includes yours, it will take the dealership a while to process your paperwork and send it to the DMV...it's not the DMV that takes all the time...it is the dealership that takes so long to process your paperwork...but by law, they have 30 days to do all of this....
    One thing you can do is call your local DMV and ask them which local dealers have the ability to issue registrations on the spot...they can look into their system and tell you that...but as I mentioned earlier...not many dealerships has this option...my local Acura dealer has it...
    And by the way...once you sign all the contracts and paperwork on a car it's yours no matter what!!! The dealership cannot re-sell it behind your back...the vin# on the car is yours...legaly they can get into some serious trouble by trying to re-sell an already sold car...don't worry at all about that...and besides that would be bad business...and Acura Corp. will not let that happen, period! Acura Corp. would drop that dealership like a fly if they did that...once you have signed the papers they will give a copy of everything you just signed...it's the law!! As far as insurance goes, I can just call my insurance right there from the dealership and get covered...no problem...plus they will fax my proof of insurance right there whilel we are in the finance office...or they will sent it by email...just use there internet to access your email....
    Good Luck!!
  • Options
    Very good post.

To answer 'got vtec' question on whether you would get the same internet price quote if you just walked into the dealership....from what I understand... NO.

The internet manager many times is the fleet manager also. Has a different overhead structure...and compensation structure.

If you walk into the dealership...the overhead structure is totally different in that you have the floor sales guy (who also tends to turn over more often) along with the sales manager who he reports to. The internet manager many times is a lone ranger.

However...in some communities...the so called internet manager is nothing at all. For instance...in San Diego...the internet manager turns out to be the receptionist who makes appointments for the sales people. With that...pricing isn't all that great...easily $800+ more than if you drove 45 mins.
  • Options
    I can agree to you up to a certain point...
    Even Fleet Managers work for the same dealership, they just have a little more room to move on a car based on volume.
    If I was a bettin' man...I think that I could take just about any interent quote I receive and walk onto the same lot for which I received it from and present it to any salesman that approaches me and tell him that I will buy the car right now for the price on the quote...and 99.9% of the time he will sell it to you.
    The problem lies in itself with the quote...once you have received that quote you are tied to the internet guy...especially if you take the internet quote to the same dealer in which you received it from...that's why when you go onto a lot and look at a car and talk to someone different from the first time you were there and the first guy sees you...your current salesman will ask you right away if you had spoke to the other salesman about the car you are looking at...regardless if it was only a test drive, or just a basic question...the point being is that the way the sales game works in that person who you first talk to will more than likely get credit for that sale or at the very least take the 1/2 credit....kind of like real estate agents split the commission between selling agaent and listing agent....and you can bet your bottom dollar that back in the manager's office these two guys are going at it over the pending vehicle sale...and if they get along it's no big deal...but if they don't like each other then look out....of course you won't see this because it is happening behind closed doors....Now if you take that internet quote to a different lot I would say your chances of someone matching it would be around 60%....
    The only reason they have fleet managers is for volume...and set prices...you would not see to many fleet managers for Acura...there is just no need...but for chevy, ford, dodge, oh yea!! Big time fleet managers...
    But in the end....it comes down to simple knowledge...have it, save some money, don't have it, your wallet is going to be allot lighter...
    P.S. Allot of the info I get is from my neighbor who sells cars for Honda....