Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    I believe we are in general agreement.

The benefit of working with an internet manager is that you can determine their posture before heading in, haggle via email to a price to pay, be able to cover multiple markets, check stock and availablility, and use the responses to forward to other dealers in attempt to match (did not have to walk in with a quote to get a match)....and negotiate fiercely before stepping foot into the door (why waste time sitting in a dealer to find a dead-end). I was able to come to my pricing in 5 emails and be done.

As for Acura 'fleet managers'...I agree. I use the terminology loosely. A few dealers in So Calif have that label and are segregated from the general sales floor. Perhaps a better description is that they are dedicated internet managers? Some person that is dedicated to the internet and other non-traditional channels.

As for your neighbor who sells cars for Honda....impart some wisdom on how best to strike a deal?
  • Options
    mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    delmar1,

The best way to strike a deal is simple...do your homework...get all of your researching done...i.e. test drives, invoice price, what the market is doing in your area, check used car ads (even though you may be buying new), any incentives (either rebates or factory to dealer incentives, doesn't matter)...internet quotes from many dealers the whole nine yards!!!
    Then you walk into a dealership...take the salesman aside from everybody...and don't ask him what the price of the car is...tell him what you are going to pay...and base this price on what you found out while doing your research...don't bs him...don't throw out some real low ball figure that you know he can't do based on your research and see what happens!! I have done that many times...and guess what...everytime the sales manager has come over to talk to me face to face..no bs...and the first question they alsways ask me is "are you in the business"? I tell them no, I am just informed...and I can tell you we have always been with $500 bucks of my initial offer and the deal is done in 10 minutes, period! That's how you buy a car...straight from the horses mouth....I learned that many years ago while I was living in San Diego...an old retired Navy buddy of mine was selling Nissans and the one thing that he was taught from the get go was that if you let that customer walk off the lot without buying car from you then there is a 95% chance that they will not come back...that line of thinking has changed a bit because of the consumer being well informed because of the internet...but for the most part...a sales manager will tell you up front, if you make a well informed realistic bid on a car...99% of the time you will get it for what you want...don't go in asking to buy a TSX for $22,000 when you know there is just no way in sam hell that they can sell it to you for that price....some people take this process to be so personal and that is where the problem lies...if you don't like the deal use your feet...but on the same token the dealer has the right also to say no if they don't like the price you are telling them you are willing to pay...this is a two way street!
    I am not sticking up for the dealers...trust me on this one...but I am realistic to know what is a good bid and what is not....
    Rock On!
  • Options
    meg9713meg9713 Member Posts: 21
    After tons of phone calls and emails all day yesterday, I have gotten the lowest quote of 25,800 (A/T, Non-Navi). I am pretty happy with that, especially considering it's on Long Island and there were only 3 Nighthawk/Parchments left on LI. All the dealers in CT I found were unwilling to do much at all and I found the best deals all on LI. The Connecticut dealers told me that's b/c there's more competition on LI since there's more dealers and they probably have more inventory. Whatever the case, if all the paperwork goes through smoothly, I am scheduled to pick it up Friday.

(I had to pay for the wheel locks, he wouldn't throw anything in. That was disappointing, but at least their only $60)
  • Options
    Very good approach and consistent with my deals. Only difference is that I get my information muscles....communicate via email and phone...then I visit the dealer to pick up my cars. And I am willing to travel 200 miles to do so. My deals have been also within $500 bucks of strike price. And I also have been able to negotiate my car trade-ins without a visit.

Just for the fun of it...tell us your read of the price of a TSX with and without nav. And to go further...tell us the price of a TL with and without nav. Both cars with the 'protection package' and destination included. Both automatics. No other fees or taxes.
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    Great post! The sales person does have to make money, I added $300 to the agreed price because they held the car for me 2 days. They were willing to give me the car for wholesale plus hold back, but I promised to buy goodies such as spoiler. But you must do research.
  • Options
    right now both TSX and TL with and without navi's can be had easily for invoice....
    And that includes the protection package...which is normally wheel locks, mud guards, and trunk tray....depending on the dealer you can get tint thrown in as well...now some dealerships throw in free maintenance up to a certain mileage...and all Acura dealers I know have a free loaner car service....
    The type of transmission doesn't matter...the price is the same.....
    Not sure if that was what you are looking for....but depending on factors such as trades and other items....the price can go slightly down...i.e. $1500 facotry to dealer incentive on MDX...time of year has some to do with it as well....
    Rock On!
  • Options
    outstanding....

I'm glad to see there are still people in this world who are not out to rape the dealer of all profits...and I am not a dealer or a car saleman...
    Holdback is something I always have in my hip pocket and use it if need be but if you get your price and let's say you have a trade and they give you a price on it unseen and give it to you in writing then that sounds like a dealer who wants my business...
    As long as you told the truth about your trade, the condition, options, etc...then you should have a smooth experience....
    Luxury brands have a very high mark-up from invoice...and I think it has to do with volume...they sell 400,000 accords a year...but how many TSX's and TL's do they sell a year....no where near that....so to me paying invoice on a luxury car is not such a bad deal is it?? Assuming there is no big $$$ incentive to the dealer...which I would know before going there and use that in my offering price which would be realistic....it just saves allot of time by making a fair and honest offer...9 times out of 10 it has worked great for me...
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    Thanks, I really liked the people at Acura of Marin near San Francisco, a plug they deserve. Ben and Shawn were great. Oops, can I mention names? Ben said he would beat any price by a lot, and he did, that's why I gave him the extra $300, and I bought some extras that I know he made money on. :P
  • Options
    Ok...you pass the test regarding pricing. I got both my TSX and TL below cost as I asked for part of their holdback. This was further enhanced by both trades which received KBB 'excellent' values to subsidize and lower my cost further. As I mentioned...all agreed upon prior to stepping foot into a dealership.

mldj98...you passed the test. You did your homework.
  • Options
    u24everu24ever Member Posts: 13
    Thank you very much for your comprehensive reply, mldj98! That helped a lot! :)
  • Options
    lpvlpv Member Posts: 1
    My best quote for a non nav tsx was 25,253. Should I look further or buy now. I am in California, so any experiences with dealerships in California would be helpful.
  • Options
    sherrmannsherrmann Member Posts: 3
    Haven't seen too many posts from the midwest so I thought I'd share. Today I bought my 2005 TSX auto w/navi for $28,000 + floor mats($175) + wheel locks($75)= $28,250 + TTL. Judging by the posts, I felt like I should have been able to get them to go down maybe another $500 or at least throw in some accessories, but after 3 hours of negotiating this is the best I could do. They wouldn't budge anymore, and considering they had the exact car I wanted (with only 3 on the lot), and they are the only dealer in the Milwaukee area, I decided I was happy enough with the deal. I talked them up pretty well on my trade in, so it all balanced out in the end. They actually gave me about $2000 over blue book trade-in on my 2000 BMW M Roadster. Tough to let that one go, but unfortunately as I'm getting older I'm also getting more practical I guess. Well, I pick up my TSX on Saturday, and I think once I'm behind the wheel I won't have any problem moving on. Smaller engine, but it has just about everything else I could ask for. Nice car!
  • Options
    If that includes the protection package, or free oil changes or something thrown in at no charge and the car is exactly what you're looking for, then the quote is not bad, I guess. :)
  • Options
    ahhhhh shucks.....thanks for the kind words....
    The only reason I know so much about cars and buying them is because I actually enjoy researching them. As I mentioned in my earlier posts when you make a well informed offer on a vehicle more than likely you will get what you want...

By the way....I was at my local dealership yesterday getting some sked maintenance done on my car and was making small talk with one of the saleman who was standing around (weekday mid-afternoon, showroom empty, heavy rain, reaaaaalllllll sllllowwwww). Anywoo, we got to talking about the RL and I ask him what they are selling for and he told me some off the wall figure...I laughed a little bit, made some more small talk and walked off....seen the same guy standing outside a little later on as we were both enjoying the late afternoon down pore here in Florida and so I approached him again and said the following...(in a low whisper as I didn't want to get him in trouble)...I said look my friend, I know you guys are not moving the new RL...in fact I bet most of your sales (70% or more) are for leases...and not only that but I bet you guys are selling the new RL's for about $42K plus TTL right? He looked around, looked at me and said...how the hell do you know that? These things are MSRP'd just under $50K and do you really think we would sell them for that price...I said you betcha...and he smiles and said, yep your right....you must be in the business...I said nope, just well informed! I then proceded to tell him the price they were selling on all of there cars...or fairly close...and he finished his soda...made sure his tie was straight...looked at me, smiled and said...you sir, are the man.....
    So the moral of the story is simple...do your homework...research...talk to salesman like a normal human being...be hosest, up front....and you'll be surprised what will happen....
    P.S. on a side note...I find most luxury dealers to be more up front and professional than most dealerships...maybe its the products thay are selling?
    Happy Motoring!!!
  • Options
    u24ever,

No problema!!!!
    Have you made your purchase yet?
    If so...any details...
    Happy motoring !!!
  • Options
    The price of the RL in Southern California is $43k on an invoice of $44.3k. $42k sounds like a rainy day price.
  • Options
    you are correct...I'm sure the one I was looking at had been there for a while...did not check it out any further...was just b.s. with the salesman...but over on the RL board...most peeps are pay $43 plus TTL...so it is in the ball park....
    And yes...it was more than a rainy day...it was a monsoon!!!
    Trying to deliver a car during that rain was kind of amusing....I was bored so I watch a salemans deliver a TL to a young lady...car was beautiful until she drove it out from the service bay....the monsoon had hit it and the detail job was all shot to hell in about 2 seconds!!
    Oh well...life goes on!
  • Options
    Hi, mldj98!

I'm planning on shopping this Saturday. So excited. I'll keep you updated with all the details then.

Thanks! :D
  • Options
    u24ever,

Rock On!!!
    Good Luck!!!

Here's to happy motoring !!! :o)
  • Options
    mt56mt56 Member Posts: 15
    i'm considering buying an 05 TSX A/T w/o navigation within the next 2 months (before the end of August). what is a good price to pay? i am willing to buy in houston, austin, san antonio, and maybe DFW area. will there be any incentives in this time period? any suggestions will be helpful.

hook 'em horns!
  • Options
    Hey, folks.

This might sound like a stupid question, but you know,,, it's my first purchase of a car. Please be understanding. ;)
    I'm going to buy a TSX very soon. Since I run out of cash a bit, I applied for a loan. The credit union pre-approved me and issued the pre-approved certificate indicating the amount that I applied for. The person who's in charge said that upon receiving the faxes of contracts from the dealer and the insurance company, she will write a check. Then I should make a trip to the dealership with it. I'm wondering if the dealer refuses to accept the pre-approved certificate for some reason (because it's not money, check...). I asked her about this, and she said there has been no problem so far, so I should be able to make a deal smoothly. But I'm just nervous... Could I make a contract with the pre-approved certificate w/o any problem?

Thanks in advance. :)
  • Options
    got_vtecgot_vtec Member Posts: 22
    We have gotten at least 3 cars with a "voucher" that looks like a check, and no problems. I do not understand the difference between what I get and what you're getting, but the dealers seem happy with my vouchers. (They look like checks, and you sign them.)

It makes my life in the dealerships that much easier because I don't have to negotiate a rate that will never be better than what I can get at the CU anyway. I usually have the salespeople give up quickly on trying to finance me when I tell them the int. rate!

Not that I am an expert, but here's how I look at it -- the dealer wants to get you into that car, so they will probably accommodate you.
  • Options
    huh?
    What bank are you working with? One thing you don't want to do is sign any contracts at the dealer until you have secured 100% financing. My bank always gives me a pre-approved loan which is a check...but it has a not to exceed amount written right on the check...I belong to a credit union which maybe a little different.
    Now...one thing you can do is call the dealership in which you plan on making your purchase and ask them if they have dealt with your bank before...all that document states is that you have been approved for XXXX amount of money and it tells them that you already have funds set up...what the bank needs is the VIN# and or contract....and oh by the way...if your bank approved you...maybe American Honda can also...something else to keep in mind...because I'm sure the finance guy is going to bring it up...just remember to take it slow and not rush...if you are not a pro at this...read everything before you sign...and have them explain the things you don't understand....make sure to enjoy your buying experience....
  • Options
    drheaddrhead Member Posts: 7
    :lemon:
  • Options
    justink1justink1 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a tsx with navi. carbon grey with quart interior. I got it for 27,475 plus TTL. They also threw in the wheel locks installed at no charge. What do you guys think about this deal?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
  • Options
    justink1justink1 Member Posts: 2
    sorry i am in phoenix, but found the taxes to be about $350-400 less in tucson. I am picking the car up on saturday, cant wait.
  • Options
    bob78bob78 Member Posts: 5
    I got a quote for a 2005 TSX AT non-Nav demo with 2100 miles for $25,500. They only had about 3 TSX's on the lot and said that they were getting List Price on new models, since supply was so short and the model chance was coming up. Wouldn't come down any further. This price seems a bit high for a demo car and I think they are feeding me a line of bull about the supply of TSX's. Other dealers seem to have plenty on hand. Thoughts?
  • Options
    depending on where you are...it sounds like bull pucky to me...I bought my for 25,370 non-navi of course....if you don't like what they are offering you...spread you wings and look in the surrounding areas...i.e. 200-300 mile radius...you would be amazed at what kind of price difference you can get...
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    Your reply makes me kinda relieved... My pre-approved certificate doesn't look like a check. Actually, I expected to get something looking like a check, but it came out as just a A4 sized paper stating I got pre-approved for $XX. She said that nobody has gotten any trouble buying a car with it. Then there shouldn't be any problem. :) Okay, I'll just trust her!

Thank you for the info! ;)
  • Options
    It's my school credit union. Since I get paycheck from school, it was easy to get approved for a loan with a good rate. Okay, I'll take your advice. I'm no expert at this, but hopefully, I could work it out. ;)

Thank you for the help! :)
  • Options
    papermanpaperman Member Posts: 1
    I was recently quoted: (07/15/05) internet price by montgomery county dealer
    for TSX, non-navi no extras (throw-ins) $26,060. including freight, excluding
    PA sales tax. Color was Ebony/Ebony. I suspect that gray is a high-demand
    color and may have price jacked-up. Quoted prices have come down at leat $700-$1000. from my original inquiries of 2 months ago. Now is a good time to buy
    with all the hype discounts on american cars going on, Acura delers figure they
    will loose some potential sales out of those buyers.

As far as 2006 models, expect introductions in early to Mid-October. I dont
    suspect that your price will get any better because of the model year change.
    Unless your really into gadgets or have deep pockets, I'd stay clear of the
    navigation systems, which I've heard is really expensive in maintenance costs
    should you have failure out of waranty, and no extended protection. I previously
    owned a 1979 Acura great car, was talked into extended maintenance @ $600.
    ,kept the car for 60,00o miles, never needed the maintenance. Its a pure
    profit centeer for the dealers and their salesman.

By the way I'm 62 years old, owned or leased 60+ cars in my liftetime and am
    purely sharing in my life-long driving experiences with you. I used to be a
    35K mile/yr road warrior for many years. Unless Honda finance has a great finance deal going on (3.99%) I'd stick with your credit union. Current rate at mine is 4.99%
    for $18,000 finance minimum and up to 72 months. I'm from the Central Bucks area. Good Buying.
  • Options
    tsxlonghorntsxlonghorn Member Posts: 13
    I bought a TSX AT w/o Nav in the DFW area last month. Not sure if there will be incentives, these cars are selling well so not a huge need for them. Pay anywhere between $25,300 and $25,600. They are near the end of the model year, so no reason they should be charging you more than invoice. Make sure to get email price quotes from all the dealerships in Texas, that will give you more negotiating power. Also make sure to have your financing lined up before going into the dealership. The best they could do was 4.65%, but my credit union had a much better deal. Good luck!
  • Options
    jacksterbpjacksterbp Member Posts: 1
    I am also interrested in leasing a 2005 tsx w/o nav. 36 months 12k per yr, no money down. I would be curious to know how you did on your deal. Any info would be great.
  • Options
    drew10drew10 Member Posts: 25
    Am looking to buy a '05 TSX, automatic, w/ navi. in the Boston area. Any information of experience with dealers in this area would be appreciated, especially Boston Acura which is the closest to me. Are dealers willing to deal on these cars now? Thanks.
  • Options
    I got a quote for a TSX Auto non-navi from Acura of Auburn (Worcester area) for $25,760 last week, if that is any guide.
  • Options
    tsxfaninpatsxfaninpa Member Posts: 5
    Paperman: Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think that PA wasn't represented on this forum. I'm also from Central Bucks and Montgomeryville Acura was where I bought my last one (2000 Integra GS 4DR). I was hoping to here that you got a better quote ($25,500 or so) but I guess that's just a starting point. After reading all the posts I've decided against NAV. Looking for Nighthawk Black "Pearl w/ Parchment. Did they give any indication of stock on hand? Have you heard back from them since you inital quote request?
  • Options
    Here are some recent price quotes that I got for a 2005 TSX Auto Non-Navi.

Curry Acura (Scarsdale, NY) $25,374
    Heart Acura (Wappingers Falls, NY) $25,450
    Acura of Auburn (MA) $25,760
    Ramsey Acura (NJ) $25,895
    Devan Acura (Norwalk, CT) $26,000
    Greenwich Acura (CT) $26,400
    Morande Acura (Berlin, CT) $26,400
    Acura by Executive (North Haven, CT) $26,499
    Acura of Avon (CT) $26,960

Park Ave Acura (Rochelle Park, NJ) said that they would "beat any Total Price", if you bring them a Buyer's Order from another Dealer. This includes the $25,374 price mentioned above.
  • Options
    Don't let them know you want a certain car, let them know you are interested in other cars, and like bob78 said, spread you wings, get quotes from places 200-300 miles away. Also, deal on the internet, get Consumer Reports Buyers Kit and find out what that care really costs them.
  • Options
    Thanks to the good postings and your kind/rapid answers, I made a deal at the nearby dealership last Saturday. I picked it up this morning. My new car is TSX, AT, non-Nav, white/parchment. The price is $27,345.96. (OTD) = $ 25,000 (including the destination charge, mud flaps, wheel locks, floor mats, trunk tray) + TTL + $45 (dealer document fees) + one free oil change (first 5000 miles).
    This is my first car and I'm pretty satisfied with this price and the car. The white one looks so classy and unique. Couldn't be better to me.
    I spent so much time on researching and requesting quotes. So I was very informed when haggling. All my effort and time paid off. And my friend who took me there and haggled for me is such a hard assed customer. We made a good team. So please read through this forum and get some sense of how the market is going. If you're not good at haggling, find someone to bargain for you.
  • Options
    muffettmuffett Member Posts: 2
    $27,500 +TTL for a TSX 6-sp with Navi from Acura of Boston without a trade. Very straightforward to receive this price thanks to this forum. Picking it up today. :)
  • Options
    glidezglidez Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Did you pay $25,000 out the door including everything you listed? Or did you pay $27,345.96 including everything you listed? I'm shopping for a TSX in Temecula and want to be clear on what you paid in LA. Thanks
  • Options
    portland2portland2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, drewba, does your price $27759 include the northwest protection package?
  • Options
    drewbadrewba Member Posts: 154
    Sorry, the $27,759 for a NAV wasn't my deal, that was someone replying to me. I paid $26,450 for a non-NAV that did include the NW protection package (wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards).
  • Options
    lulufrmnolalulufrmnola Member Posts: 1
    On the 18th of this month my car was totaled in a freak rain storm. I began the
    search for my TSX the next day close to home at Curry Acura in Scarsdale. I
    called before I left my office to make sure there was a car available for a test
    drive. I was assured there was. When I arrived at Curry requesting the test
    drive I was put on perma hold by a saleman (he moved on to another customer)
    since I could not close a deal the same day. Also, the dealer did not have the
    carbon gray pearl I wanted either. I arrived at 6:40pm and left at 7:30pm. The
    Curry experienced felt like the typical sleazy car dealership most people
    loathe. :(

After more research and internet price quotes from local dealers I contacted
    Acura of Westchester in Larchmont. I inquired about the car and was quoted a
    price over the phone and went to the dealership Saturday for a test
    drive and potentially to buy the car. I took me for a test drive the salesperson
    explained many of the car's features. I ultimately bought an automatic carbon grey
    TSX w/o navigation for $27,250+TTL which included a rear spoiler, trunk tray,
    wheel locks and mud flaps. Other perks: the dealership comps every other service
    after 11,000 miles, provides free loaner cars and offers extended pick-up hours (key for me).
    I was extremely happy with the total experience.
    The salespeople were great and the dealership has a stress free vibe. :)

I am very thankful to the forum for arming me with loads of useful information
    which assisted me in this transaction.

I am a happy new TSX owner. XM radio rocks!
  • Options
    laineylainey Member Posts: 62
    Here is the latest quote as I get closer to buying. I requested a breakdown and I'm pretty sure there is a shmear or two of b.s. on this list. Please tell me what sounds questionable to you guys. I'm in the DFW area if it's relevent:

Dealer Quote-
    Here is the breakdown of all the fees:
    Selling price $25,572
    Destination $570 (A prior email from this guy said that the $25,572 included destination)
    VPS Security $599 (Are you kidding? Isn't this the keyless remote/alarm system? A crock! it comes stock doesn't it???)
    Sales Tax 1671.31
    Inventory Tax $65.25 (Valid? A carryover tax? Isn't this the price of doing business?)
    Lic/Title $93.80
    Doc. $50
    Inspection $21.75
    Road and Bridge $10 (State fee?)
    Total $28,653.11

The $599 VPS Security charge is what is bothering me the most. Isn't this "Vehicle Protection System they seem to want to charge me for something that's standard. Someone let me know if this is as much as a scam as I think it is? :mad:

A previous post from tsxlonghorn had this final price -$25,486 was the vehicle price. OTD price (including TTL) was $27,292.

Gee, I don't know why I'm so ticked off. We both live in Texas. My price was from a dealer about 22 miles from where he got his, however his dealer was only offering $750 under MSRP this month! Let's see...the base price quoted is roughly the same as tsxlonghorn; $86 more for mine. Somehow the OTD seems $1245 too much for the same car! Seems like I have a loaded quote. Shouldn't my OTD be $27,206? Hmmm...

So take off $570 destination since he originally said it was included. Take of this mystery $599 VPS junk. That's $1169 in bogus charges which I'm sure is taxed. Not including my trade that I havn't mentioned to them, that brings it to where it should be.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    1) My guess is the $599 VPS is window etching.. just say no.. if they say it is already on all the cars, still say no...

2) The $25,572 including destination looks like a good price.. If it is plus destination, then it is only average.. (not bad, though).

3) Inventory tax.. states where they charge this, invariably have them added to the deal.. Are you in Texas? Pretty normal there.

4) $50 doc fee.. padding, but for $50, I wouldn't worry about it.

Everything else looks good... Tell them to drop your total by $1200 and they have a deal... and take a $1000 drop.. that would still be very good..

regards,
    kyfdx

PS: If they haven't valued your trade yet... None of these numbers mean anything... Unless you are willing to buy without trading in..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    calimackcalimack Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a non-navi yesterday for $25,900 (OTD $27,700). From what I had read on these boards, I really thought that I was going to get a lower price (closer to around $25,500) but alas I didnt. One dealership would only go as low as $26,700. I had two dealerships offer the $25,900. When I was talking with my salesman, he said the price of TSX is about to go up. Not sure if that means for exisitng inventory, 2006 model, or if its even true--but thought I'd pass it along.

Regardless-- I LOVE my TSX and very happy I finally got it.
  • Options
    Thanks kyfdx. Should I challenge him now via email, or wait until I get ready to finalize at the dealership? You hear about avoiding this bogus "etching" charge in car buying advice articles. Very disappointing, but not surprising, that they continue to try to add it. I can just forward his own confirmation email stating the dest. was included in the original quote, so no problem there. Regarding the trade; What has been your experience on dealer quotes when you tell them you may or may not trade your vehicle? Do they come down much? Another detail I might mention, is that this dealership has around 30 new 2005's and about a half dozen used '05's on the lot so you would think they would just want to sell them without the runaround. :confuse:
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    They have 30 TSXs on the lot!!

Holy cow..

I think I'd call him back.. tell him you think he is about $1200 too high, but that you have a trade, and you'd like to come on down and talk about a deal...

Not as neat and clean as the internet, but if you have a trade, they are going to have to look at it... Just get a number in mind that you can live with.. If they have 30 TSXs, you should be able to drive a hard bargain...

No way around it.... used cars have to be looked at in person...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Sound like that was from a Houston dealer. I got that same quote amount. What was your OTD price? I'm in Texas too and I'm trying to figure the actual cost, minus bogus extra charges will be. I gather your dealer did not try to trick you into the VPS Security charge like the one near me.