Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    flight2456flight2456 Member Posts: 6
    The inception fees are the $595 bank fee...first month payment...dmv registration for all three years...around $1200 altogether
  • Options
    jayhjayh Member Posts: 5
    The sticker price on the TSX w/o nav is $27,760. Dealer will lower it by $460 to
    27,300. He is also taking our trade in at $700. So with trade in we are down to $26,600 with trunk tray and all season mats. How much lower should I ask them to go?
  • Options
    al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
    In st. louis 25987 is a real common price for that vehicle with no trade.

I think people in New Jersey have even being doing better than that. I would ask for another 2500 off and then go up some--- just to let them know you know what these are selling for. That dealer is only hoping you will not leave and go elsewhere. Remember always start way lower than what you would pay it is hard to settle on a high price and then tell them to go lower but you can start low and negotiate up. You can't be off the chart low but if you have info on what they are selling for and know the value of your trade---- That was the best advice I received from a post on this forum. The salesman will act crazy when you do that but so what you can always go up but you must start way lower that where you want to be. Recently I was offered 19000 for a trade I had on a VW and I told them I wanted 27000 we finally settled for almost 24000 so they will often go way, way low on your trade. I did not buy that vehicle but got almost 24000 on the vehicle I did trade for. The guy acted crazy when I said 27000 on the VW but I just without even smiling said I knew it was worth 27000 so he went to his sales manager and they came back and said how about 20500 and I just said no about three more times as they kept going up and we got to just under 24000 which was what kelly blue book said was the value for that trade in and they kelly blue book often times are low. You need to have some idea of the value of your trade. If your trade is worth nothing then that 700 might be okay but that is still too much with only 1150 off with your trade. They can easily give you 1800-1900 off. And another 500 more off for a total of 2300 to 2400 off is not unheard but maybe rare-- if you search this forum. This would be plus your trade if it really is worth 700. Sometimes they give you something for a car that maybe is not even worth 100--or more maybe for you this time if that is the case. You have to know if your trade is actually worth 700. They really lose nothing when they do that as they can easily discount the car 1800 to 1900 all the way up to 2400 off. So they could say I will give you 1800 for your trade and lose nothing as they will do that without a trade. That price 25987 included document fees but in Missouri you pay your tax when you get your plates but there was no add ons at all that was Out the Door for 25987 including processing or paper work fees as they call them. This includes 4 years of oil changes. The Acura dealer was much more realistic on valuing my trade and did not try to low ball me like the VW guy did. Looked at a SE Camry for about the same price as TSX and I bought TSX before trying to negotiate much for the Camry but feel I could have easily gotten almost 24000 for my trade with them. I had a pretty valuable almost new car that I traded in but did not have to pay much difference.

Just bought TSX for 25.987 k and love it. No Nav but great, great vehicle. I think I could have done better than that in New Jersey from what I have read on this forum.
  • Options
    rihoopsrihoops Member Posts: 91
    I paid 25,800 for my Milano Red/Ebony Auto non-navi. I could have had the six speed for at least 500 less, maybe more. I don't think anyone is going to do much better than that in New England at this point.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,350
    If it were me... I wouldn't be here asking about the deal.. I'd be here telling everyone about the deal I got...

In other words, you should be there yesterday...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks for the information. I was going to counter offer with a bottom line price of $26,000 (w/o tax). This includes $700 for the trade in and a total of $1000 off the sticker price. This is -$600 difference from their offer. It looks like I could get even more off the sticker price, only problem is that not many TSX's in the area. Only two on the lot where I'm dealing. What price should I start with? Edmunds TMV price for my area is 26,991 including destination charge.
  • Options
    What has anyone been getting for a 60 month rate on a new TSX?
  • Options
    tsxlonghorntsxlonghorn Member Posts: 13
    I'm getting ready to purchase one by the end of the month and have lined up financing via a local credit union for only 4.25%. It easily beat Netbank's rate of $5.10%. So try your local credit unions and check bankrate's site as well.

Hook'em!
  • Options
    27,318 was shown as the Edmunds TMV for my area and I paid 25,984 so I never have paid any attention to that figure it is always way high. If you are willing to drive a ways you might save a thousand dollars but if you found what you want then I still think 25,984 minus 700 for you car is a fair deal. I would offer them 24,000 and your car and see what happens. Then just look elsewhere if you can if they do not come back with 24,500 to 25,300 and your car. Even if they say 25,700 and your car just counter offer 24300 and your car. Do not come up very much from your original price for they are just feeling you and out and if you jump up 500 at a time then you soon loose everything you had to negotiate. Only come up 2 or 300 at a time and just ask the salesman to go ask the salesmanager to approve the deal. Usually the salesman whines first when you counter offer and says he knows the salesmanager will not take that deal. Usually when they do that I say lets go see the sales manager together. Well the sales manager does not ever want to ever talk to a customer so that will call that bluff. Just stick to tiny increases from your original offer. Remember after you offer you can always go up so you have to start lower than you think will ever happen for even if you offer what is a fair deal and something they would be willing to do they will always go up by 200 to 500 to get every last cent out of you. I have never had a car dealer take my first offer they always want more so start low but still not being ridiculous like 20,000 and your car.

24,000 and your car is something that a dealer could do unless your car is not actually worth 700.00. Have you looked up the value of your trade in??? Usually yor car is worth more than they are offering.

Search this forum for prices paid ----- I saw recently some one in New Jersey had a quote for around 25,500 for a TSX with no trade.
  • Options
    laineylainey Member Posts: 62
    jayh, I live in Texas as well. I'm getting ready to make my purchase very soon. I haven't found one that low in about a month and a half, when I wasn't quite ready to buy. They all seem to be increasing with the Fed rate. Can you tell me which credit union you went through?? Thanks.
  • Options
    rihoopsrihoops Member Posts: 91
    I got 3.99% from a local credit union. It sure beat the hell out of the 5.9% the dealership offered. They were offering 3.99 on pre-owned cars through AHFC though.
  • Options
    Lainey,

This is where I started my search: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/cu/states/TX.asp
    Just visit each of the credit union sites in your city and see what rates they offer and whether you qualify for membership. Good luck with your purchase! Texs 5 - Tulane 0
  • Options
    delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    Replying to post #1640. Simplify the car dealing. Do it through the Internet Manager and other affiliations (Costco, AAA, even Edmunds price quoting service)...discussing pricing via email and phone. Set the price...show up...sign papers....drive away.

Also...you really should read posting earlier in this board...which will give you further insight into pricing.

Life is so much easier these days with the Web.
  • Options
    lostmap1lostmap1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for bottom line price paid in TX (preferably Dallas area) for 2005 TSX-AT w/o Navi.

Thanks,
    Hook 'em Horns
  • Options
    bortkevbbortkevb Member Posts: 2
    I bought TSX no nav 6/14 in Paragon Acura - NY, I paid 26 000 before taxes and DMV
    plus $60 for whatever fees they came up with. The price included destination, protection package with all season mats and trunk tray. I think It's about fare price in NY city, although I think I could lower it for one/two hundreds more if I had time and color flexibility. So I guess you are being overcharged for about $1.5 grand - it's way too much.
  • Options
    mbenson3mbenson3 Member Posts: 7
    Refresh my memory please... what does the protection package include?
  • Options
    Protection package includes wheel locks, splash guards, trunk tray. In parts of the country I believe all weather mats are substituted for wheel locks.

In my mind...the wheel locks and splash guards are things I would have purchased no matter what. Trunk tray....first time I had one...and it is great for those HomeDepot runs.

When comparison shopping...make sure to take into the account the protection package. Some include in the pricing....some don't.
  • Options
    camarkcamark Member Posts: 3
    Looking for a dealer in CA (preferrably Northern but anywher in state is fine) that has demonstrated willingness to put together a deal. So far everyone is at MSRP. Looking for 6 speed without nav. Got to agreement on price with So Cal dealer in Santa Monica only to find out that they couldn't get the car.
  • Options
    bda1947bda1947 Member Posts: 20
    Keyes, Keyes, Keyes, Keyes on Van Nuys! :) I was there on Monday getting my oil changed and they have a ton of inventory!
  • Options
    In the past month I bought two 2005 Acuras from the Internet Manager at Norm Reeves Acura in Temecula. Great buying experience on both the new car purchase and trade-ins.

Others include Glendale Acura (somewhat near Santa Monica). Tustin Acura. Mission Viejo Acura.

Don't bother with the dealerships in San Diego county. They are about $800 higher than those mentioned above. All of them in SD. Totally surprised that people would continue to buy at those dealers. Guess they don't know any better.

Don't get too consumed with what is on the lot. If they are any good...they will be able to get your selected car swapped with another dealership and delivered to you with ease.

Do also make sure to determine if the price quoted includes the 'protection package' or not...as that is what you will desire.
  • Options
    okiesmookiesmo Member Posts: 2
    Two questions. When do the 2006 tsx's come out, and what should I pay for a 2005 tsx w/ nav in this area, They shot me 29200, and this seems too high
  • Options
    The 2006 TSX should arrive around October. However...don't expect any sweeping changes. Minor modifications...and expect higher prices.

I am not in Texas...but $29,200 is WAY too high. Scout around this message board more to get a better sense of pricing.
  • Options
    camarkcamark Member Posts: 3
    Would you mind sharing the particulars of your deal?

thanks
  • Options
    meg9713meg9713 Member Posts: 21
    I am going to begin emailing dealerships in NY, NJ, CT to find the best deal and although I live in CT, I have a feeling the dealerships here will be asking too much money. Does anyone have any quoted to experiences they can share or even recommend a particular dealership in the area?

Thanks
  • Options
    I have bought my last 4 cars that way----but when my trade came into the picture that changed everything. I did not accept their first shot at my trade and ended up with 1000.00 more 3 days later when they called me back. On one car the Internet rep became just another salesman and I wanted the car so we went back and forth a few times before I bought. Sometimes Internet is easy sometimes it is just like the old days when every salesman claims to be the Internet sales guy. If you think their first offer on your trade is the best they can do ---you could be surprised like me when I got 1000 more for mine and on the last car they took another 500 on the Internet price. So you can still negotiate that Internet price it is not their best price--at least not for me on the last 4 Internet deals I had.

Enjoy your car!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Read post 1647 it has pricing in New Jersey that is the best I have seen.
  • Options
    I'm in the DFW area and that seems $2000 too high. Was that through the internet manager or via a phone call? Since the 06's are coming in a couple of months, you should be able to get invoice or close to it on an '05, forget TMV. If you read the last couple of pages of posts, you'll notice that alot dealers are more willing to do invoice to clear '05 inventory. Bet that quote is from David McDavid in Dallas! The internet guy is a jerk!! I emailed him and then called. Not a good experience. From a customer service standpoint Goodson is better. MacChurchill is so so. You should try Vandergriff in Arlington. Very friendly and don't try to screw you. Try a doing search on this forum for them. Seems like everyone has better things to say about Vandergriff than the other three. I'll hopefully be making my purchase there soon.
  • Options
    Hey thanks for the link tsxlonghorn!!! Gig'm Longhorns! Just kidding... :P
  • Options
    camark: Been one month to the date and the market conditions could have shifted dramatically. Contact the dealers I suggested and you will find the current pricing and then share here if you wish.

Just make sure you know and comprehend the invoice price, destination, and factor in the protection package.
  • Options
    al63017: Ah...that is the issue...the trade. That is easy. Negotiate the pieces separately. Come up with the price of the new car without consideration of the trade.

Go to something like Kelly Blue Book and know the pricing of your trade...and negotiate hard and fast. Tell the dealers that you don't have time to set foot in the door and you need a range of prices of the trade. Forget about what they say about the wholesale buyers pricing. Then of course use the trade as leverage for the deal.

Basically lock in on the new car purchase....have a range and expectation of the trade....then go from there.

I was basically able to negotiate both cars in 5 emails...and pricing that is outstanding even in comparison to the posts here.

Acura....great cars...and actually much easier to negotiate with compared to most brands (Infiniti, etc).

I know you will be enjoying your car soon....and make sure to test drive a TL while you are there.
  • Options
    I agree with what lainey said, Vandergriff is your best bet in terms of getting a good deal and being ethical about it. Do submit email price quotes to all 4 DFW area dealerships however. I'd watch out for Goodson, they are snake-oil salesman and will put you through the ringer. David McDavid is not thrilled to deal with internet folks and considers us to be a waste of their time plus that don't have much selection. I've had a couple friends who bought from Vandergriff and they didn't have any problems. Make sure to ask what each dealership adds to their cars so you're not surprised (i.e. window tint, alarm system, vin etching, etc.). Make sure to get everything in writing! Hook'em!
  • Options
    okiesmookiesmo Member Posts: 2
    thanks to lainey and tsxlonghorn for the information., ................and go Sooners
  • Options
    mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    Can anybody share their buying experiences in the Tampa Bay Area?
    Seen allot of people posting TSX's going for about invoice...
    Any input would be much appreciated....
  • Options
    meg9713meg9713 Member Posts: 21
    I know this is the wrong forum...but opinions on nighthawk black????
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Since you know this is the wrong forum, please visit our regular Acura TSX for that question :)

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    delmar 1 Thanks you have given me some good ideas next time. Bought the TSX black, parchment. Great car---- probably RDX in a couple of years. I think that is the new mini MDX.

And you are right they all bring up that wholesale buyers they have to contact. I actually ended up with Kelly Blue Book Excellent condition for trade in.

Thanks
  • Options
    rpusrpus Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy a 05 TSX Arctic Blue auto without NAV in the San Francisco bay area in the next two weeks. How much should I paid to Acura dealers located in the bay area. I found a dealer in Burligame and Redwood City that carries the TSX that I want.

Thanks.
  • Options
    al63017... Glad I was able to assist for the future. Parchment is great and is different as it has the faux wood trim. I bought my wife the Carbon Grey with Quartz with the titanium trim interior.

If anything...so many times people try to break the bank by getting a low new car purchase price and leave dollars with their trade-in. Win the battle...lose the war. A win is net cost.

Lock in on the new car price which is more controllable and is more comparable to other dealer pricing....lock in on pricing...then maximize your trade-in value. Don't budge in to the wholesale buyer price. Know the trade-in worth.

Good luck with the RDX.
  • Options
    villageidiotvillageidiot Member Posts: 1
    nehasam,

I live in Ohio too. Can you post details of the dealer, salesperson, etc. if you can.

Thanks.
  • Options
    mbenson3mbenson3 Member Posts: 7
    Here in Tallahassee at Proctor Acura (our only Acura dealership): $27500 automatic with navigation, cassette, trunk tray, mud flaps, and wheel locks. With fees, $27724. Then my Florida 6% sales tax, extra $75 in county tax, $36.35 tag transfer, $2 lemon law charge. Grand total: $29501. Thoughts?

I made a quick scan of this board the other night and found the last ten TSX w/nav purchases: they ranged from 26800 to 28100. It's hard to compare, though, since there were a variety of options and at least one (the highest) included TTL.

I am talking to two dealers in Jacksonville. The first one, with whom I haven't spoken since getting this local offer, is $28000 for the same thing and a few hundred more in fees. He kept talking to me about TMV and I kept telling him about prices I was seeing on these message boards. Then he said "good, you're familiar with edmunds! let me tell you how they calculate the TMV." No, let's talk about what I know people are really paying!

I'm waiting for a call back from the other dealer in the Jacksonville area. I also have calls in to the two Orlando dealerships.

I'm definitely going to go take a look at this car at my local dealership tomorrow. I had narrowed it down to white, satin silver, red, or meteor silver, and my only interior preference is just not ebony. The one they have here is satin silver/quartz. I asked the salesman to have a buyer's order written out so I can bring it home and look over it closely. He said the deal is good through the end of the month... trying to hit a sales threshold, he said.
  • Options
    mbenson3,

Have you checked out Acura of Orange Park yet? Check them out because they are giving me a good deal on a TSX non-navi...sent in a quote request and they have a 4 business hour response time goal...and let me tell you it worked.
    You will get one of those auto-generated emails that has the price of the car and the OTD price as well. Right under the price mine says that this offer is good for one month...although the TSX with navi maybe in more demand than my non-navi.
    We like the meteor silver one becasue to me it looks like a mix of silver and a shade of blue. So check them out...they seem to be straight forward...if all works out then I will take a road trip up to Jacksonville from the Tampa area to do this deal..the Tampa Acura guys can't touch their price for some reason. The guy I am working with at Orange Park says they are the high volume dealer for Northern Florida...good luck...let us know hoe it goes....as I will... if we pull the trigger on our deal that is...
  • Options
    That looks like a pretty good deal... You have all the fees, taxes, etc. disclosed upfront, so you know exactly what you will have to pay..

You could shop all over the state, and maybe find a deal for $300-$500 less, but you wouldn't be sure of it, until you got into the finance office....

A pretty aggressive offer of $2000 off MSRP..and from the local dealer... If you are sure this is the car for you, I'd stop the shopping and start the buying...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rjb6rjb6 Member Posts: 29
    I have not come across how best to negotiate the lease price. I am interested in 2005 TSX w/ out Nav. It looks like people are paying 25,900. How do I translate that into lease pricing? 36months, 12K per year, Zero down...

Any help on understanding if you are getting a good lease price would be appreciated.
  • Options
    windyglasswindyglass Member Posts: 5
    I'm recently quoted for $27,500 out the door...guaranteed! Tax fee here is 8.25%..not too sure about other fees. Is this a good deal?!
  • Options
    djc314djc314 Member Posts: 18
    '05 tsx, no nav, spoiler, all season mats, wheel locks, trunk tray, mud guards, splash guards, oil changes first four years....$27451 ...HIs break down on the car was $26,287 for the car and $1164 for upgrades which he says are at cost.

Price before ttl...may be $100 or so in form fees etc...I offered $27K straight up cash and he would not accept...on the side included a trade which he offered fair price....should I accept his deal...?
  • Options
    drewbadrewba Member Posts: 154
    I got a silver TSX without NAV today in Seattle for $26,450 + TTL including splash guards, wheel locks and trunk tray, thus about $1,100 over factory invoice. I also got almost exactly TMV on my trade. I think I could have gotten a couple of hundred better on the TSX if I kept shopping the dealers against each other, but I feel its a fair deal and its at the dealer closest to my home.

Andy
  • Options
    I think that $26,287 is not a bad deal for the car...but $1164 for the upgrades is real fat!! You can get the spoiler for no more than $500...so that would mean the rest of the items total $664...that's way to much...how many oil changes are you limited to? Most of that other stuff you can buy from handa-accessories.com for allot cheaper and install yourself! If they don't want to take the $27000 even then you have to ask yourself...how bad do I want this car? If they are giving me a fair price for my trade then maybe....
    Good luck and post your results!
    TSX's Rocks!
  • Options
    Once you negotiate a selling price, you need to know the base money factor and residual, so you can ensure that the dealer is using those numbers and not marking them up for extra profit..

Here is an example from last month... I'm not sure if the numbers have changed for June, but this will give you an idea..

Acura TSX lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    djc314djc314 Member Posts: 18
    they give you an oil change every 5000 miles for four years and a loaner car while you wait...and he said the oil change is with synthetic oil---which he said is a great deal...I like the car a lot...but don't HAVE to over pay to have it...and surprisingly they didn't even blink when I walked out being only a few hundred dollars off thier number...I had my check book and was ready to pay cash and I told them...maybe I should have asked to meet directly with the Manager instead of having the salesperson doing my negotiations
  • Options
    proffyproffy Member Posts: 46
    What Acura Dealer did you go to? That's about the best deal I've seen in the Northwest. I'm seriously thinking about heading down to Cali to pick up my TSX. The money I'll save will easily pay for the trip, and maybe a night or two in Vegas where I can gamble away my extra savings :)