Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kaiser2kaiser2 Member Posts: 10
    I used price competition to get the best price over the internet and then had a local dealer beat the best offer. I guess he gave me part of his holdback as its end of the month and he may be reaching a sales volume target.
  • albert5albert5 Member Posts: 42
    That's a very good deal. Here in Washington state the lowest price you can get on same as yours is around $34,500.00 +TTL.
    How did you negotiate with the Dealer's holdback?
    I got a qoute for 07 TL w/o navi for $32,576.00 +TTL.

Please let me know so that I can lower the price for more.

Thanks
    You can ask for quotes from SoCal dealers over the internet. Due to the competition here, you can get get below invoice quotes, then have one of your Washington dealer match/beat the best quote. Alternatively have the car shipped to your State from SoCal.
    What's the name of the dealer you bought you car?
    Do you know how much it will cost for the shipping?
  • chkntonychkntony Member Posts: 38
    There are people who got their TL with navi for 35k or even 34.5 k OTR.
    Comparing OTD prices across the entire nation is meaningless like comparing apples to oranges. Some states charge very low taxes and some like California charge around 8.25%. 3% to 5% difference in tax on large amounts like $32000 makes a huge difference in OTD prices. Price of car before TTL is only meaningful comparison.
    I dont know if we are allowed to post the names of dealers on this forum. Let me know if we can. As for cost of shipping I reckon it should not be more than $500 (DAS shows around $300). You can check websites like www.dasautoshippers.com or www.caronatruck.com etc.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Check out the message in red just over the post box. ;)
  • blaze1974blaze1974 Member Posts: 2
    :confuse: Does anybody know what will be the next special offer on the Acura TL after the current lease special expire Feb 5th? I want to know if they will have a new finance and/or a lease special on Feb 6th? Also is it common for Honda to offer the similar lease and finance specials on the Acura TL as they have going on right now? Here is the dilemma I looking to purchase the Acura TL w/NAVI this week. But would like to know if it would be wise to wait until this offer expire to see what is next. :confuse:
  • dbshahdbshah Member Posts: 1
    Just bought 2007 Acura TL with Nav in Houston, TX for 33,200 + TTL. I sent emails to area dealers and asked the 2nd lowest to match the lowest quote. Eventually got on the phone and bought car from the lowest bidder - Champion Acura (for lower than quoted price).
    Hope this helps. Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences that helped me.
  • vicnationvicnation Member Posts: 33
    Good Buy! Congratulations!
  • spyderredspyderred Member Posts: 138
    This appears to be about $400 below invoice if the $33,200 price includes destination. Excellent deal and enjoy.

S.
  • sicilia98sicilia98 Member Posts: 4
    Sounds too high. Dealer cost for a non-nav 06 is around 28K (including holdback). I'd start at that number plus TTL,.

Consumer Reports lists the $2k dealer incentive expiring 2/5/07 so it should be in play here.
    They offer as low as 2.9% APR.
    But i'm not sure if that is after feb.5. I'm waiting for the low apr. I heard they offer that 3-4 times a year.
  • kaiser070kaiser070 Member Posts: 5
    Still shopping around (in the NJ-NY area) for the TL type S 6 speed Manual Transmission with High Performances Tires.
    Any tips which dealer has the best quote?
    Any idea what's the trade in on the '05 TL w/o Nav 6MT,(Excellent condition) only 5565 Miles on it.
    Thanks again guys, wish all the best for every one in the forum. :)
    I got a quote from a dealer TL with navi $34,000 before TTL.
    Is this seems too high? How much lower is reasonable?

Is the tax different in every state?
    For instance, if you buy the car in tax free state, there's no tax?
  • j86442j86442 Member Posts: 1
    Can you email me with the dealer info: j86442@yahoo.com

Thanks!
    That deal isn't bad but you might do a little better. $350 less and your near invoice. I was willing to pay that for an 07 with nav.

Tax is different in every state. Here, it's 3%. I heard California has an 8% tax. I'm not sure how the tax works if you buy it out of state.
    Does anybody know if the 07 TL base model has an outlet to plug a ipod/mp3 player?
  • xiosmx5xiosmx5 Member Posts: 7
    Sticker - $38,950
    Price paid - $36,267
    Money down - $1050 (first month, fees, etc..)
    Payment for 36 months - $517 including 10% Philly tax
    The dealer also cut me a check for the final 3 payment for my 04 RX-8 lease which totaled $1200.
    I believe it's in the center console along with a power source.
  • dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    The auxiliary audio jack is located next to the power port in the center console. I love it, along with the MP3 compatibility on the CD player. I also heard that Honda/Acura will be releasing a better version of their iPod Music Link soon.
    Thank you guys.

I just got a qoute from a 205 miles away dealer offered me a $32,000 + TTL.
    And from a 50 miles away dealer offered me a $32,200 +TTL.

Is the $200 worthy and have my car 205 miles on it in one day. Or $200 more and my car has only 50 miles on it.

Any suggestion please...
    I think you can do better than that..

I got a quote for TL with navi for 34,000
    and some dealers will beat it they said..
    I did all my best, thats all they can do. TL in washington state is so popular and portland dealer is the closest one who has the color I want right now.

What do you guys think on the 205 miles and $200 price difference that was mention above?
  • asingh80asingh80 Member Posts: 32
    does anyone know if there are any 06 TL with navigation left in NJ area??

TIA
    Personally for $200 extra, I would go with the closer dealer. Just my 2 cents worth. The 200 mile trip will take you at least 3 hours in a brand new TL that has not been broken in. It will be a very long drive especially with a sweet car like the TL to go 200 miles within the recommended break in speed. Also, typically on most cars when they are new, you should follow the break in period for the first 500-1000 miles, varying speeds, no smashing of the gas pedal to the floor. You maybe able to control the no mashing the gas pedal to the floor but the constant speed for three hours may be tough to overcome.

Buy it from the closer dealer and enjoy.

Spyder
    Suggestion accepted.
    Thanks Spyder.
  • ccperkdogccperkdog Member Posts: 1
    So I just finished the whole buying experience for my first Acura, a 2007 TL Type-S AT. The whole process took about two weeks of haggling and patience but I really took advantage of January and the end of the month pressure to move the cars. My OTD price after TTL was $36,136. Thrown in on the deal were wheel locks and mud flaps. It was a dealer here in Northern VA. I am in car driving heaven right now.
  • ralston1ralston1 Member Posts: 28
    The invoices on all Acura models invoiced after January 2, 2007 have increased 1.5%. There is no adjustment to the MSRP.
    Excellent! Congratulations!
    Could you email me about the dealer information and the salesperson you dealt with?
    Thank you

sojoonghannu@hotmail.com
  • new2carsnew2cars Member Posts: 71
    Pardon me for my ignorance--- Does the 1.5% increase invoice apply to all 2007 Acuras? What does it mean there is no adjustment to the MSRP?
  • new2carsnew2cars Member Posts: 71
    Hi Kaiser2,

I am here in So Cal as well. What a great deal! Can you please give me the dealership name and the person you worked with to get this deal? This site allows this information to be disclosed online.

If you'd like, please e-mail me at: v.randall@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
  • ralston1ralston1 Member Posts: 28
    Correct. The 1.5% increase is applied to all new 2007 Acura vehicles that have been produced and invoiced after January 2, 2007. The MSRPs remain unchanged. Looks like Honda/Acura Corp. is taking advantage of the strong sales figures for '05-'06. Look for dealers to up their offers accordingly.
    Congratulation on you new car. This is the best deal I have seen so far for a 07 Type S. Invoice used to be ~$35,444 including destination. Now I see it listed on edmunds.com at $35,638 (includes destination). Would you mind providing the break down of your deal, selling price, tax, title, registration, dealer doc fees, etc.

Thanks for the info.

Spyder.
  • barryrosbarryros Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone !

2007 TL: Florida
    SELLING PRICE: $34,550 (w/splash guards only)
    GRAND TOTAL: $37,319.74 (NOTE: no trade-in w/TTL everything

Most dealers in FL getting a few hunded over $35K

Honda Lease Parameters (good thru 2/05/07):
    O Duration- 36 months
    O 15K miles per year
    O gap insurance included (Honda's is included at n/c)
    O money factor- .00137 / APR 3.29%
    O residual value at lease end: 56% of MSRP
    O Closed end lease
    O No purchase option fee
    O no security deposit fee
    O Mileage overage - .18 (>45,000)
    O Damage Allowance upon return of vehicle ($1500.)
    O no Disposition Fee at lease end
    O Acquisition Fee ? ($595.) .. look at it as a dealer fee and disposition fee !

$488.23 (No cap cost reduction ... only pay the first month payment and
    Tag, Title and Registration ($190.00) and the dealer fee ($397.00) to initiate the lease.
  • barryrosbarryros Member Posts: 2
    $33,806.63 from $38,623.00 ($183 --- 1.3%)
    I got my car from Sierra Acura of Alhambra (City Alhambra- CALIFORNIA). You can get their contact info from www.acura.com - use Dealer locator option. I worked with their Internet department. They are really great, no BS did not try to sell me anything extra, extremely professional and courteous. Got the paper work done in 35-40 mins. Honored the price given to me on the phone. I will email you the Salesperson's name as its not allowed to be posted.
  • snorksnork Member Posts: 4
    I've seen on various sites that Acura is replacing its lease incentive with APR incentives (3.9% on 36 month, 4.9% on 48 and 60 months). Can anyone confirm this?
  • abk99abk99 Member Posts: 14
    great deal ccperkdog can you email me the name of the dealer or sales person- allbb@hotmail.com thanks
  • pmaenterpmaenter Member Posts: 6
    I've seen this offer on CPO only - through the Acura Web Site - pre-owned search.
  • jejmontejejmonte Member Posts: 2
    Want to know what you guys think of this deal:

07' Navi, wheel loocks, splash guards, 34,400, do you think I would do better?

Thanks
    Is that the OTD price? or before TTL?

If its OTD, I think that is a good deal, but if that's before TTL, then i think you can do much better
    I aggree with chkntony. If that's your cost without TTL, you can do better.
  • theofilopoulostheofilopoulos Member Posts: 1
    Try harder!
    I got my 2007 TL w/navigation last month.
    Price: 33900 + taxes and tags
  • jejmontejejmonte Member Posts: 2
    That is not the OTD price, they just throw in the sideguards for the same price...

34,400 car, wheel lock, splash guards, sideguards + TTL
    Got the extended wat. also as I do alot of miles.

I have called other delaers in the area and they will not move. This is in the Boston area, if I didn't want the car so bad I would walk away from the deal.
    If you can get the 07 TL with navi under 35,000
    I think that can be a 'good' deal.
    I got a quote from a dealer in washington area for under 34,000 +TTL. and some dealers said they can beat it.
    I'm waiting for the low APR promotion to come.
    Oh, and use the end of month to buy.
  • steel6asteel6a Member Posts: 4
    Hey chkntony, is that washington DC or state? im in DC area in pretty much the same position. waiting for end of month and low APR promotion on 07 TL with navi (or Type-S, haven't made up my mind). If you're in the DC area, send me an email about what you're hearing from different dealers. Maybe we can compare notes. nnd6a at hotmail.
  • stlgasmanstlgasman Member Posts: 141
    In a post under TL not so hot, someone mentioned a $1000 incenctive. Anybody verify?