Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    new2carsnew2cars Member Posts: 71
    Wow!!! I'm here in So Cal as well but I was quoted $38K for the S-type and that's without ttl. I'm looking at the TL with nav (not the S-type package) and the sticker was $36K. What's the lowest price for a 2007 TL with nav? I'm ready to negotiate with the dealer.

Thanks!
  • Options
    dave_in_njdave_in_nj Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone for your response. I would try to get the wheel locks, all weather mats and window tints. I will let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    thisisnutsthisisnuts Member Posts: 15
    inkyofok , topgun7,

Just a follow up. I brought the car in to the Acura dealer service 12/22/06. They had it for a week. Finally when I showed up they explained to me that they had to do an alignment and rotate the tires. I explained the "crooked-ness" of the steering wheel and how it tends to drift to the right when I drive. So I when out on the raod with one of the mechanics, and he also noted the steering wheel is slightly off center by several degrees. I took the car to check it out fully that day. Since then I continually noticed the same problems. With the holidays and all I haven't been driving the car at all. I'm about to car the service department again and file a complaint. And I'm also calling the dealer that sold me the car. Hell, the day I went to pick up the car, I spoke with him directly to let him know that I was not happy with this car. I'm not sure what my alternatives are at this point. Certainly from my point of view as a customer of this Acura, I find it a disappointing purchase. Out the door purchased on 8/31/06 or $32,600. I know I had mention earlier in my post that I'm sorry I didn't get something cheaper like a Mazda6. But as suggested, for me to do a trade in for something lower priced I would take a beating. Those BMW's sure look great though. When shopping around at the time, a BMW 325i was a thought, but never really test drove one. Now they have the 328i. The way things are going with this car, I don't think I can continue driving this thing. What are my best options at this point? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
  • Options
    chkntonychkntony Member Posts: 38
    Is that the out the door price?
  • Options
    stumblerstumbler Member Posts: 12
    I received a quote of 35200 plus TTL on a S/type from a dealer in central Florida last week.
  • Options
    orlandobuyerorlandobuyer Member Posts: 16
    What dealer was that? Did you talk to the internet dept or go in? Also, they didn't try and slap any doc/dealer fee or accessory charge crap on you?
  • Options
    stumblerstumbler Member Posts: 12
    The dealer was Fountain in Orlando. It was through the internet dept. Their original price was high. I often go to south Florida and received invoice pricing there. When I told the salesman that and he then e-mailed me that price back after talking to sales manager. I specifically asked him the only fees to be added to that price were to be tax, title and license and he emailed me back YES. I was negotiating for my wife but, since then she changed her mind(again big surprise)
    and wants a Infinity fx35. The car had no dealer add on's Msrp was 38,795.00. Hope this helps
  • Options
    cprincecprince Member Posts: 1
    I got my type S from this dealership in December. Selling price was 35900. It was the lowest offer I got in the area.
  • Options
    jmcbmwjmcbmw Member Posts: 85
    Where in So Cal did you get the 35.5K? I am emailing most dealerships in So. Cal but would love some insight. I am looking at a TL-S Auto w/ HPT. I test drove one today but they only offered 1K off sticker. Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    I'm trying to get 07 TL w/navi and going start deal online,
    any dealing skills? or i should becareful with?
    Thanks for any help!??
  • Options
    vicnationvicnation Member Posts: 33
    Stay as close to dealer invoice as possible. Don't be afraid to take your business elsewhere. Internet sales are not necessarily the best options. Many dealerships offer a $1,000 discount for internet sales but they are still far above the invoice price. I called around to several different dealers and asked them to beat my best price and I had two that stepped up. Both were out of town but I only had to travel 90 minutes to get it. Dealers are extremely happy to get out of town purchases because they didn't have to invest advertising money to get the deal. I paid $35,109 out the door for a 2007 TL with Nav. It also came with wheel locks and trunk tray.
  • Options
    albert5albert5 Member Posts: 42
    Hi everyone,

I just a qoute from a dealership for the '07 TL base/no navi. for $32,400.00 + tax & license.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • Options
    2bnatl2bnatl Member Posts: 13
    What is your sales tax there? Was there a document fee?
  • Options
    The price was $33662.14. Tax was $1009.86. Doc fee was $379. The licensing fee was $55.

I also had no trade-in or financing.

I feel I got a pretty good deal even though I had to pay doc fees. The dealership had to travel 6 hours to pick up the vehicle from another state because they didn't have the colors I wanted. They brought it back on a flatbed.

I know the dealership made at least $1,400 on the deal through their holdback fee. They may have made more through other factory incentives but I couldn't find any information about that. I'm happy with the deal I got.
  • Options
    ralston1ralston1 Member Posts: 28
    Where did Acura of Cleveland come in on pricing?

-Rob
  • Options
    could you give me the dealer information and the location please?
  • Options
    chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    Just some questions. You said the car drifted to the right; what did they do to correct it? First thing they should do is rotate the tires front to back (after checking tire pressure first of course). Assuming the alignment is on from the factory is relatively safe as a first step. If the pull does not change, I would say go ahead and check the alignment then. If the alignment is on they should rotate the front tires side to side, unless they are unidirectional. Most often the cause of a pull to one side is a "radial pull" caused by a defective tire. It should be simple to correct, as well as getting the alignment and steering wheel on center. It is also possible that if the steering wheel is not centered, that the car may have hit a curb on a test drive and damaged the suspension. I can't imagine this would be a problem for any competent technician(at least I never did when I was in that line of work).
  • Options
    myway2myway2 Member Posts: 3
    I would like to buy a used Acura TL sedan year 2003-2006. I like to know all about them. See below.

1. How it ride?
    2. Maintenance?
    3. Cost?
    4. Insurance?
    5. Do they have a good stereo sound system?

Thank you
  • Options
    ggesqggesq Member Posts: 701
    myway,

Before I attempt to answer your question which style TL do you want? A second generation TL or third generation TL? The last year for the second generation is 2003. The current new design was introduced in 2004. Big styling differences between the 03 and 04.
  • Options
    I bought the car from Flow Acura in Winson Salem, NC. The person to deal with is Amy Reynolds. She was wonderful throughout the process. She is the new car manager. The sales person was Lora Small. She is new...just out of college.
  • Options
    cercer Member Posts: 3
    tHANKS FOR THE INFO - I AM ABOUT TO PURCHASE A 2006 (LEFTOVER TL/AUTO) AND WOULD LIKE TO CHECK OUT THE EXTENDED WARRENTY - COULD YOU PROVIDE SOME DETAIL ON WHAT YOU GOT FOR THE $1500? - WAS IT A 4 YEAR 70K EXTENSION OFTHE ORIGINAL BUMPER TO BUMPER?
    tHANK YOU
  • Options
    You got a good deal - with an invoice of 30,384+670 destinati0n, factory cash back of 2000 on the 2006 leftovers, a 3% holdback of 916 the dealers net cost was 28,138, you paid 28,300 = 162 over his cost. he really wanted to move the metal - congrats.
  • Options
    You got the best deal i have seen - congratulations on a great deal!!!
  • Options
    jenp123jenp123 Member Posts: 39
    I just leased a TL with Navigation for $33,990, out the door was $35 something, can't remember exact. I got them to go down another $1,000 so I was pleased.
  • Options
    jenp123jenp123 Member Posts: 39
    That is really good- I got mine for $33,990. Is the $472 your monthly cost? Even though there was no money down, how much did you pay out the door, as in all the fees (TTL, etc)?
  • Options
    I got an 8 year/120k mile Acura Care warranty for $#1,515. The dealership wanted over $2,200 for it originally. The warranty isn't necessarily an extension of the 4 year/50k mile warranty but it is close. It won't cover wear items but it was the most comprehensive and most convenient warranty to use that I've seen. There are warranty companies out there who provide a good service for a decent price but you need to make sure your dealership or repair center will accept them. The Acura Care warranty will give you much more than just repair services. Check out the details online at the Curry Acura Care Website. This particular company didn't give me the best price so I'm not advocating buying it from them.

Let me know if you have other questions.
  • Options
    tlfevertlfever Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any experience using the Costco auto purchase discount? How significant is the discount for the TL w/navi and the TL-S? Like others, I want to get the best deal possible, and am unsure whether to use the Costco program or to just try to negotiate it myself. Thanks in advance for any helpful insight.
  • Options
    richey02hgrichey02hg Member Posts: 69
    the quotes i got from the costco program were BS. While I'm sure they sell some people at higher than the prices offered through the program. By just calling around, I easily found 2-3 quotes that beat the costco program.
  • Options
    I'm checking pricing on '07 TLs either Base or Tech in Ohio. I've seen 1-2K off MSRP...is this reasonable?
  • Options
    You should be able to do better than that. Take the invoice price and add $375 for doc fees, add your tax and tag to that and you should be within a $300 range with which to negotiate. I would consider anything higher too much. Sometimes it might be best to tell them the out the door price you're willing to pay and see if they will take it. It just takes research on your part. If they don't take it, go elsewhere. I had to go 90 miles to get my deal.
  • Options
    frank46frank46 Member Posts: 1
    I'm negotiating to purchase a new 2007 TL type S. The dealer wants $36,960 before sales tax and fees. This seems way too high. What is a more realistic figure?
  • Options
    thisisnutsthisisnuts Member Posts: 15
    The service manager told me that the alignment was off and they did rotate the tires. At about 56 to 60 mph, there is vibration in the steering wheel. I've indicated all of this at the time when I brought it in. All this from the first week I starting driving the car. I told him that I was surprise that a new car would have so many issues (from my point of view).
    At the time while the car was been service (they actually had it for about a week), I mentioned it to the sales rep as well. Now, since I picked the car up, I'm still experiencing the same issues. At the time of the pick-up the mechanic explained that the steering wheel was off that way from the factory and cannot be fixed. I needed transportation to got to work and I said let me check it out and see how it perform on the highway. Since then, I've been traveling some and when I finally got back to driving this car, it it the most unsatisfactory ride I've experienced for a new car.

For the price range I'm now having regrets that I didn't look more closely at the BMW 325i at the time. Sure they all like to say that the BMW has plether doesn't come fully loaded. But you know what, I'm not using 3/4 of all the gadgets inside on the dash that came with this TL. I don't play the radio, I don't need the satilite radio (tried it out and sucks). Don't need bluetooth and on an on.

I'm coming to the realization that they load up these cars to make it all sound attractive and then you realized that you don't use them half if not 99% of the time.

I'm so busy with work that I didn't call the service manager to complain about the car again. But I will right now and then take a trip to the dealer Saturday and let him know all my issues with the so-called brand new from the factory car.

Sorry all, but its been a bad experience with this purchase since I got it August 31, 06 for $32,600.
  • Options
    chaperoahchaperoah Member Posts: 30
    Go for 36K. 36.9K is too high. In December madelson and I got 36K and 35.5K respectively. Shoot for that range. Most people have been getting around 36-36.5K. Use this forum as evidence of what people have recieved.
  • Options
    chaperoahchaperoah Member Posts: 30
    I have a friend who used the Cosco program to buy his Infinity and he told me that he got 500 over invoice. He says that different Coscos have different deals with different dealers so I'm not sure exactly how it all works. Basically you just go in to your Cosco, ask for a price on the model you want (don't tell them anything about a trade-in) and they should give you the price right there. Then they give you the name of a dealer and get your car for that price. Now, it worked well for him, but I don't know what everyone else has experienced...
  • Options
    Out the door price for TL base with navi. anyone got?

In what price should nego start with?

I just want to consider out the door price. OTR price
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    I agree, almost 37k is way too high. Consumer Reports has a car buying feature that tells exactly what the dealer paid for the car, and you can netotiate from there. But don't forget, the dealer has to make some money. :shades:
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hi Nick. We have invoice pricing right here on this site. Acura TL new car pricing. :)
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    Sometimes I forget how informative Edmonds can be! :)
  • Options
    jckstrw314jckstrw314 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 2007 TL w/ nav for a total of $35,625. thats the out the door price (OTD) actual sale value was $33,695. I bought this car at Ardmore Acura in Pennsylvania.
  • Options
    sicilia98sicilia98 Member Posts: 4
    There are still some bargains out there on 06, I just paid $32K OTD for an 06 with Auto/Navi. Paid approx 30,600 plus TTL and dreaded doc fee. :surprise:
  • Options
    I got my TL with nav for $35,104 out the door from Flow Acura in Winston Salem, NC. The base price was $33,662. Just ask your dealer if he can match $35,100 out the door price and see if they will do it. That price will give them room for TTL and doc fee. They will still make $1,103 from holdback fees above the doc fee and any hidden incentives. You will get a good deal and the dealership will make a little.

As far as negotiations, I wouldn't. Just call a few dealerships and ask them if they will take your out-the-door price. Negotiations are really a waste of time because the salesperson has many different ways to confuse you. The more you throw around dollar amounts, the more confused you will become. They want you to throw numbers around because it gives them the upperhand. Don't negotiate. Just decide on what you are willing to pay and ask if they will take it. If they don't, someone else will. When you make your decision, stick with it. If the salesperson sees you beginning to buckle, they will press hard on the price.
  • Options
    I'm looking at OTR around 34,500. IS this reasonable?

From what price should I Start nego from?
  • Options
    Thank you for the insight. I've been reading the boards for sometime and the info is great. But, I don't have the time to converse with every dealer in 90 miles. I'd rather purchase from the closest dealer so that servicing is not an issue.
  • Options
    tlfevertlfever Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all responding on the Costco issue. I called the Costco number just to see what they'd say, and they informed me that there are no Acura dealers in Michigan that participate in the program. Looks like I'll have to negotiate the OTD price the old fashioned way. Any word on any new promotions (financing, dealer holdbacks, etc.) coming in February?
  • Options
    rhashimorhashimo Member Posts: 1
    Sicilia, i was just quoted $30k + TTL for an '06 w/o Navi. They claimed the $2k incentive had ended. Is this true? Edmunds previously listed that this was good through 2/5.
  • Options
    buckeyebillbuckeyebill Member Posts: 14
    Your price of 30k plus TTL seems a bit high, considering that they are closing out the '06's for the '07 models. I paid $32,600 for an '06 TL w/nav. in June (Cleveland dealer)-nav. was a 2,000 cost to the base '06 which they also priced to me at $30,600 TTL.You would think that they would have dropped the '06's more than 600 bucks to move them off the lot.
  • Options
    Any warranty repair can be done at any Acura dealership...not just the one that sold you the car or even the one who sold you the Acura Care extended warranty. That is a big misnomer. It is the factory that pays the dealership for warranty repairs. The dealership does not absorb the cost. It is of no benefit to them to deny your vehicle repairs.

To get the best deal, just call around to a few dealerships until you secure the deal you want. Then, contact the dealership you wish to buy from and ask them to match the price. If they don't take it, move on.
  • Options
    That is a good starting point if you want to negotiate. I'm not sure what the tax rate is in your state. Here, it's 3%. I took the invoice price, added the cost of TTL and began with that number. Sometimes, they will insist on the dreaded doc fees. The doc fee here is around $380. I was willing to pay that to get the car I wanted. If your dealer has a full lot and several vehicles with the color combination you want, they will be more willing to deal. Also, you will get your best deal at the end of the month as sales people have to meet a monthly quota. If you can get it for $34,500 OTD, take it. Mine ended up being $35,104 OTD. You are unlikely to tap into the holdback cost. The dealer regards that as sacred.
  • Options
    kaiser2kaiser2 Member Posts: 10
    I just bought the 2007 TL With NAVI for $32,947.38 plus TTL in Southern California. The dealer gave me part of his holdback, total OTD was $36K. I got it in Silver with Ebony. Got the Wheelocks, Splash Guards and Paint protection and also first free oil change. The deal was extremely smooth, I was out in 35 mins. I have yet to see a better deal than this for an 07. It's my first NEW car and I loveeeee it. The NAVI and Rearview camera are fabulous :):):)
    All the best to other shoppers.
  • Options
    kennyg8kennyg8 Member Posts: 225
    You've got an excellent deal!! Maybe that price is only available in S Cal where competition among dealership is high. I am in the northeast, and I doubt if anyone can get a deal as great as yours around here ... at least not at this time yet. I wonder why a dealership would want to give up part of its holdback to make a sale ... it is not as if the TL is not selling well such that a give back is required.