Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    pashipashi Member Posts: 16
    Check out the prices for a 2004 5A w/navi with under 10K miles. Can you be more specific as to who is offering a 2005 for 33K?
  • Options
    liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    It's pretty common on this forum to see people getting new '05 TL's with nav in the $32,500-$33,500 (this is with fees and dest, excluding TTL). Some are getting better deals, most aren't getting worse.

I would doubt you'd be able to resell your car for break-even with what you bought it for...just my opinion. If you can, then all the more power to you. I'm not sure what the '05's have that the '04's don't....
  • Options
    charliewcharliew Member Posts: 14
    ptwells,

See my original post regarding the '05 TL non-NAV pricing below:

"I have an acquaintance who works for an Acura dealer in GA, and according to him, the invoice for an '05 TL without NAV has gone up $200 from $30,146 to $30,346. Including the $570 dest, that comes out to $30,916..."

I'm not sure where your $30,182 base invoice number comes from, but it's fairly close to mine. The lowest quote I've received so far is $500 above invoice, at $31,416 + TTL. I'm really curious to know how some posters have been able to get their '05 TLs at invoice. Maybe if I keep working the dealers for a lower price?
  • Options
    Really don't want the spoiler, just getting too old for the look, I suppose ;-) About an hour ago, I was quoted $33,373 for an '05 5A with Navi, and haven't worked it yet. Also, this particular '05 has Michelins on it, right off the boat.
  • Options
    ptwellsptwells Member Posts: 18
    I think you may be adding the $200 increase twice. Price as of January was under $30k. The $200 increase would get the $30,146 (this is what another site is showing as the current cost - give or take a few dollars only).

Obviously, supply & demand rule. Have you thought about "fly & drive" or having a car shipped (it's worked for me before). As others have said, the end of the month/quarter is usually an opportunity as well.
  • Options
    Hmmm...it's rather odd that my invoice number would be incorrect since my contact at the GA Acura dealer is quite reliable. Not only that, three Houston area dealers all quoted me the same invoice price of $30,346 (exc dest) for the '05 as well. All of them are adding the $200 increase twice? I find that highly unlikely. In any case, I'll probably just wait until the end of March, which is also quarter-end.
  • Options
    wisngamecockwisngamecock Member Posts: 52
    Pashi, unless there is something wrong with your car why would you take the hit and sell it? I understand the prices may be lower now for new vs. when you bought your TL, but.....the used market should also reflect prices paid for new. Unless I'm missing something, you'll need to find someone less informed who'll overpay to make it worthwhile. Did I miss something?
  • Options
    wisnagamecock, I hear you, but the prices for 2004 TL's are still pretty strong, and I should be able to get out of it for the price I paid. Will know tomorrow, but after reading some of the issues owners faced with the 2004 models, I think 2005 is the way to go. Hell, if anything, just for the new rubber and not having to deal with the spoiler ;-)
  • Options
    kabejkabej Member Posts: 2
    I had better luck at Radley in VA suburbs. Started off with them quoting the Costco price of 31,670 non-Nav., with wheel-locks. Ended up with a deal at 31,300. They added 249 processing fee, but I made that a wash by having them include the protection package; locks, trunk tray and mudflaps at no additional cost to me. Free oil changes for life of the car.
  • Options
    marko45marko45 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the process of getting quotes from the local Northern CA dealers for an '05 TL non-NAVI. I've noticed not many people mentioning that they purchased the 7/100K extended warranty with their TLs. Are most not getting this? I've seen Honda Care and Acura Care via www.curryacuracare.com Are these the same? Thanks to this forum and the people for all the information.

Mark
  • Options
    hunt_acurahunt_acura Member Posts: 10
    I wanted to sell my 2004 black (interior,exterior) auto with Navi,protection package(All-season floor mats,Splash guards, Wheel locks) rear wing spoiler car in Indianapolis,IN area. It has extended warranty from Acura 100K/7years bumper to bumper. It has 7K miles on it.
    Can you please suggest me that what kind of money i should target for it. Please help.

PS. I love my car,there are no recalls for this car and absolutely no problem, i just need money right now.
  • Options
    acuragirl1acuragirl1 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone brought a 2005 Acura TL automatic w/o navigation in Richmond, VA? If so what prices have you been able to get quoted? I am thinking about getting one. Please help!
  • Options
    I would look at the Kelley Blue Book online site for ideas, personally.
  • Options
    marinasmkmarinasmk Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone.

I am looking to purchase a new TL, automatic, with Navigation. I have been offered a price of $34,200, which is almost $2000 over invoice price.

Is this a fair price? The dealership told me that this price was "firm", but I don't know if I should be attempting to negotiate further. Obviously, I want to pay the lowest price possible.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    Marinasmk,

Read the previous last few months threads on this discussion to get an idea of going prices.

Best wishes.
  • Options
    $33,373 is the best offer I have received for same setup, but out of OH.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    You might post your question in our Real-World Trade-In Values discussion, where members are more interested in used vehicles than new.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    Hi Does anyone know the invoice price for a 05 TL
    w/ Navi and w/o Navi? I checked the Kelley Blue book and it says N/A.
  • Options
    klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57
    John Eagle Acura
  • Options
    cashvillecashville Member Posts: 13
    With Navi invoice is 32373 with Dest chg
  • Options
    scarrierscarrier Member Posts: 2
    Here's little advice - DON"T BUY AT CUSH! Dude drive up to Glendale where I got the best quote on a 2005 TL Non-Nav in SO CAL for 1000 over invoice. Deal via the internet.Cush is a joke, they think you won't drive 100 miles to save 1500 bucks. By the way, Glendale doesn't pull the protection package scam they have going at Cush for $570 - you can buy those accessories for less that 200 bucks, Glendale gave me the link. Good Luck.
  • Options
    forks2forks2 Member Posts: 15
    I'm interested in leasing a 2005 TL w/ Navi and happened to come across this forum (which is awesome by the way). If anyone has leased or purchased a TL in Atlanta, can you please let me know where you went and what the walkout price was...along w/ money factor and residual? I saw on another forum some figs for a fair residual (60%) and money factor (.002200) for this car so was wondering if they were similar to what you were offered. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    Sales tax can't be waived. They may eat the cost, but taxes, like death, can't be avoided.

Good luck with the lease.
  • Options
    hcjhhcjh Member Posts: 2
    So, any intend to reveal that dealer so it can benefit all our poor bayarea guys who are fed up by local dealers (not enough supply, limit quantity, blah, blah, blah?) I got several higher quotes of TL w/ Navi and they don't even want to work a deal at all.

Thanks,
  • Options
    marko00marko00 Member Posts: 4
    I am in the market for an 05 TL w/Navi. What are the prices some of you got in the Central Florida area? I went to Courtesy Acura and they wouldn't budge from MSRP. I have been reading that most buyers have paid around $33,200 + TTL for 05 w/Navi. I don't mind driving to other cities for a good deal.

Thanks
  • Options
    flynpigflynpig Member Posts: 1
    I bought an 05 TL non-NAV in Jacksonville FL this week for $31,750. The dealer told me that was invoice and offered to show the invoice but I declined. It included wheel locks and a trunk tray. I don't know if that's really invoice or not but it should be close to it. They also gave about $3000 more than their original offer for my trade, so I was very pleased.

To Marko00 in Orlando, try going to Duval Acura in Jacksonville. They are great folks!

I also bought the 7/70 and some extras, but that wasn't in this price.
  • Options
    rob813rob813 Member Posts: 11
    It appears that Florida is a tough state to get a deal on these cars. I live in Tampa and contacted dealerships from Tampa (Ferman), Sarasota (Gettel), Clearwater (Crown), Lakeland(Regal), Orlando(Courtesy) and even Tallahassee (Proctor) for pricing. A lot of them did not budge much from MSRP. The best starting price I got was from Ferman here in Tampa. I was quoted $33,970 (incl dest and "Pro Pack")+Tax,Tag,Fees and only got them down a couple hundred more. Keep in mind they will try to quote you $499 fees, too. Regal in Lakeland also quoted similarly. The other dealerships basically told me "good luck" when I gave them a chance to beat the offer. Obviously the law of supply/demand is in effect here - I could have gotten a better deal if I wanted one of the few color combos available on the lots.
  • Options
    krislkrisl Member Posts: 3
    Just wanted to thank everyone here for all the good info. I picked up my 2005 TL w/NAV for ~$33.1K. Both Marin and Los Gatos Acura were willing to add on the splash guards,trunk tray and wheel locks. If you are flexible with the color and are willing to go with something they have sitting on the lot, i am sure a better price can be "worked out".
  • Options
    freakaxoidfreakaxoid Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to purchase the TL (5A) w/o navigation., but with the spoiler accessories (front, side, rear and wing). This tallys up to a little over $35,000 (MSRP+dest. chrg = $33,760 + $1500 for access.).

So, when I go to a dealer, what would be a fair asking price for this kind of scenario?
  • Options
    lotusflalotusfla Member Posts: 22
    I stopped by Fountain Acura in Sanford on a hot July afternoon when I started looking at this car. It was a slow day and as I was walking away the salesman said "how about $500 over invoice?" for a 2004 non-navi. When I was serious to buy in October they wanted FULL MRSP for a 2004 when they already had new 2005's on the lot and offered me $3000 under NADA trade in for my car. I walked. My brother purchased through Rick Case in south Florida. They are the largest Acura dealer. Let me know how you make out.
  • Options
    yossarian305yossarian305 Member Posts: 3
    A local dealer offered to sell me a 2005 black TL w/o navigation for $31,887 + TTL. That price includes destination fees. MSRP for this car is $33,670, with a TMV (according to Edmunds) of $32,851. So I would be getting it for close to $1800 below MSRP amd $1000 below TMV. My sense is that this is a very fair price for this car. Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Options
    johnsandiegojohnsandiego Member Posts: 16
    I'm also in San Diego and found that dealers in Orange Cty and LA are more willing to deal and go lower in price. One of the dealers here basically told me that and I appreciated his honesty and being up-front with me.
    I ended up getting my car from Santa Monica Acura (auto w navi) for $33,100 + tax & registration. Talk to the internet sales manager there. If they have the car you want in stock, you should be able to get a good deal. It was a pleasure dealing with him.
  • Options
    For any Houstonians interested in an '05 TL auto w/o NAV, I purchased one yesterday (silver/quartz) for $31,350 + TTL from Sterling McCall Acura. Great folks to deal with. What a beautiful car and a fantastic ride!
  • Options
    superdogsuperdog Member Posts: 37
    Anyone get a good lease deal on a auto/w Nav 05' in the tristate area? I've just started sending off emails to get quotes. (will post findings as they come) If you've leased, thinking about leasing, or buying a 5'TL in the Tristate area and PLEASE share your experiences. Thx!
  • Options
    sostersoster Member Posts: 4
    I am located in Fairfield County, CT and after test driving the Infiniti G-35, Lexus ES 300 and the Acura TL, I've decided on the TL (automatic with navigation). I'm currently looking at the following dealerships: Devan Acura in Norwalk, Acura of Greenwich and Acura of Milford. I was wondering about "best deals" that others may have found in either the Fairfield County, CT or Westchester County, NY areas.

Thanks for your help!!
  • Options
    lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    On Acura's site, the prices range from $30K to $31K (no navigation) and most have less than 20K miles and many are only 10K.
  • Options
    hcjhhcjh Member Posts: 2
    Too bad that I didn't wait for your reply in time and allured to one of the dealer you mentioned. And I drove away with ~$500 more than you. :( Can't really trust those sales. Should've just walked out the door.
  • Options
    Hello,

I am planning on going this weekend to get an Acura TL w/ Navigation (Crown Acura of Richmond, Va). What price should I try to get this car for. This is my first time purchasing a car. Please help!
  • Options
    "What price should I try to get this car for. This is my first time purchasing a car."

Go back thru this forum and see what people are paying. See if there is info from your area. Check Edmunds TMV and Kelly Blue Book which should indicate the sale prices in your zip code or area. Decide how much you can afford to or want to spend and don't exceed that figure (assuming it's realistic for this car.)

Good luck.
  • Options
    wilt1wilt1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi superdog, I was negotiating lastweek with Bridewater Acura in central N.J. They quoted me a 42 month lease on a TL w/o nav. at 395.00 a month with 1,500.00 out of pocket to start. This price included tax. They have a large selection in stock. I was dealing with their internet sales department. I still have 2 months left on my 2003 TL lease and they wouldn't do much for me on that, so I'M waiting til lease end. Good luck, Wilt
  • Options
    You may be better off trying to negotiate a price before you go there. Once you're there, you may have less leverage unless you're truly willing to walk to make a point.

It's a rare and savvy buyer who can make one stop and purchase a car at a good price. Not suggested for a 1st timer...
  • Options
    bud_foxx44bud_foxx44 Member Posts: 31
    I have a 2001 TL, on occasion I hear a loud cracking noise coming from stereo, no it is not static, I know the difference and I hear it when I play CD's as well. I have had my radio and amp replaced but still it comes back from time to time.

What else could it be because the dealer has no idea?
  • Options
    cashvillecashville Member Posts: 13
    wrong place to ask
  • Options
    bud_foxx44bud_foxx44 Member Posts: 31
    Where should I ask it then?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    vcoonavcoona Member Posts: 3
    Lets say I negotiate a discount of $1,000. If I were to lease the car, I get only about 40% of that savings -- given that the Residual value of the car (say 60%) will drop by $600, given AHFC an extra profit if they sell the car after the lease is up.

Will the dealer agree to have the MSRP reflected on the lease and then get the $1000 as cash back from the dealer?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    The residual is based on the MSRP, not the selling price.. Every dollar you negotiate lower is one more dollar you have in your pocket..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ilfdilfd Member Posts: 2
    I was also looking for a TL in the St. Louis area. Frank Leta's offered 31,500 plus ttl. I decided to check out Chicago and bought a 05 TL without navi from McGrath Acura for 30,750 and tht included the pro package that some want $650 extra for. McGrath was super easy to deal with. Libertyville in Chicago area had the same deal. A four hour drive could save you $1000.00.
  • Options
    vcoonavcoona Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for clarifying kyfdx
  • Options
    "bought a 05 TL without navi from McGrath Acura for 30,750 and tht included the pro package that some want $650 extra for."

Which McGrath store, Westmont or Morton Grove?