Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volvo XC90 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    lev_berkovichlev_berkovich Member Posts: 858
    It is more than 6K bellow the MSRP, about 2K bellow the dealer invoice, looks like a good deal.

However, I did see some "one only" specials at $8500 bellow the MSRP.

If I would be in your shoes, I would try to push more, but would get it at the quoted price, if would not succeed.
  • Options
    twinmom3twinmom3 Member Posts: 3
    What do you mean by "one only" specails?
  • Options
    lev_berkovichlev_berkovich Member Posts: 858
    I mean that some times dealers have cars on their lots that were not sold for the long time by multitude of reasons (demo, odd color or odd options, manger's "go around" car, etc), so they sell them at lost, to keep the cash flow going.
    Or they allocate one or a few cars to be an advertisement bait to lure clients to the lot.
    Usually, those cars are of unpopular colors and options, but if you do not mind - you can strike a gold.
  • Options
    pp1111pp1111 Member Posts: 2
    Once you have made your purchase, can you please share the name of the dealer? Thanks
  • Options
    gao_meigao_mei Member Posts: 6
    Good evening,

I am looking into this lease deal currently offered by Volvo, how does it sound? I've had no experience leasing a car, welcome any comments. thanks in advance

$3,904 Due At Signing †

† plus taxes, title and registration fees

On approved credit

2006 VOLVO XC90 V8 LEASE OFFER : 652

**Offered through Volvo Car Finance North America, by participating Volvo retailers through 7/31/2006. Subject to availability from existing retailer inventory. Delivery by 7/31/2006 required. Retailer prices will vary and affect customer cost. Lease Program: Payment based on a 24-month closed-end lease for a new 2006 Volvo XC90 V8 with touring package, climate control, metallic paint with a gross capitalized cost of $48,839. Total of monthly payments is $9,336. Cash due at signing includes Capitalized Cost Reduction: $2,495; Required Refundable Security Deposit: $425; Acquisition Fee: $595; and First Months Payment: $389. Lessee has option to purchase vehicle at lease end at price negotiated with retailer at lease signing plus any official fees, taxes and other charges. If purchase option is not exercised, customer liable for $.25/mile over 10,500 miles/year and a $395 disposition fee. Payments will be higher for residents of CT, MA, RI.

Customer liable for insurance, maintenance and repairs for lease programs, plus taxes, title and registration fees. Not all lessees and buyers will qualify for Volvo Car Finance leases. See your authorized Volvo retailer for complete details. ©2006 Volvo Cars of North America, LLC. "Volvo. for life" is a registered trademark of Volvo. Always remember to wear your seat belt.
  • Options
    zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Margate Volvo, Margate, FL

2.5T, Premium Package, Versatillity Package
    $0 due at signing
    $458/month for 24 months

23 payments remaining as the dealer paid for the first one, security deposit and other fees.

10,500 miles per year
    Add tax to the payment

I was trying to get to $449, but i guess they were just pushin it to the cent.

Rent Charge on this lease $16.06, 0.01% APR, required 740 beacon score.

New Volvo owner with above deal here :)
  • Options
    pkh540pkh540 Member Posts: 24
    Have you heard back from anyone on this post? I too am considering this lease so eager to hear. (Current Volvo lease offer is on a '06 XC90 V8 - 389 a month for 24 months.)

I'm also curious if the cost of the XC90 is negotiable while using the cuurent lease offer money factor and residual. A local dealer has a similar equipped XC90 advertised at 44,966 but says that price is for purchase only. If I want to lease it Volvo requires that I pay the gross cap cost of 48,839 - sounds fishy.

Please let me know if you hear anything.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ecloueclou Member Posts: 20
    for the XC90 V8 deal the money factor is .00001 (.02%) and the residual is 74% on a 10,500 mile/yr for 24 mos. It is good on any V8, not just the advertised spec
  • Options
    lstonelstone Member Posts: 8
    http://www.mckevittvolvo.com/index.cfm?action=dealerlink&Link=713471
    lease
    xc90 fwd 269per month 24 month +4141 tax
    xc90 awd 299/month 24 month+4270tax
    xc90 v8 339/m 24 month +tax

good deal?
  • Options
    IMHO don't spend too much time looking at the monthly payment. One way the dealer offers a lower monthly payment is to charge a higher cap cost reduction (the V8 highlighted in this deal is 4394.55 while the one advertised in Volvo's national ad is 2495).

The money factor (basically a 0.02% interest rate) and the residual of 74% are awesome!

Where you can improve your deal is with the price you negotiate for the vehicle. From what I've seen if you purchase you can get some significant savings (Volvo helps with incentives to the dealers which can allow you to get below invoice).

But what I'm trying to find out is what sort of discounts people have been able to get on a lease with the current money factor and residual.

Thanks!
  • Options
    volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    Not fishy.
    Volvo has a dealer incentive that can be used for purchase, but not for a lease thru VFNA.
  • Options
    Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it!

Yes, I saw the purchase incentives but what I found fishy was that the salesperson insisted that Volvo did not allow him to negotiate the gross cap cost of the vehicle (48,839). Obviously you would be in the know.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I have found it is easiest to make contact with either the fleet or internet sales person, rather than the guys on the floor. The current deal I negotiated hassle-free with the fleet salesman over the phone after getting a bogus response from the F&I guy at the same dealership hours before.
  • Options
    diyediye Member Posts: 45
    pkh540,

Please see my other post on the Lease board for XC90.

I was able to get $3100 discount on an Ocean Racer, with the almost zero money factor and the 73% residual for a 24month/12k lease.
  • Options
    Thanks for dropping a note eclou.

You know I've been trying to get a quote from the internet sales managers at two local dealers (none of which has a vehicle that matches the description in the ad) but I can not for the life of me get them to respond with any numbers. Instead they keep avoiding a direct answer and asking me to come in to take a test drive and after which we can work on a deal. I've tried being polite and have told them that I prefer to negotiate via the internet but no such luck. Perhaps with the weekend over they will be more willing to work via the internet. We'll see.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    They are under more pressure at the end of the month to meet or exceed sales quotas. You may find their tone changes as the 31st approaches. When I called this Sat 2 hours before closing, there was a huge thunderstorm erupting and they knew no one else would be wandering in. Sometimes mother nature helps.
  • Options
    zamozamo Member Posts: 122
    Over the internet tactic does not always work. What I would do (and what I have done) is print a local (or national) ad with a very good deal. I arrived to the dealer, specifically asked for a car with the specs that the ad had, and made a test drive. When I sat down after the test drive, I gave the sales guy the ad and I specified that I would take the car no matter what the same day if they gave me the deal. And so they did. At first they told the numbers were crazy, or that it had an specific stock number, or yadda yadda.
  • Options
    peconpecon Member Posts: 6
    Just wanted to let you guys know that we made the purchase over the weekend. We bought a 2.5T with premium and convenience packages for about $1000 less than invoice plus $200 in service credits (for oil changes etc). We financed it for 48 months because the interest rate was only 0.8% (here in Canada) and traded in my 97 Camry at a price we were happy with. Maybe we could have got it cheaper but we feel we got a good deal and that's what's important **(Please don't tell me we could have got it cheaper).

We are very pleased with the whole experience and we are extremely happy with our choice. I have wanted an XC90 since they came out and now I own one! I love it.

Thanks to everyone for their help.
  • Options
    Thats because that cap cost is invoice.
  • Options
    peconpecon Member Posts: 6
    I am responding to my own post because I made a minor error. We bought it with luxury and convenience packages not premium.
  • Options
    pilotman3pilotman3 Member Posts: 5
    Last weekend, I signed a 24 month, 10,500 Miles/year lease for a 2006 XC90 V8 with convenience and climate packages (MSRP $49,640) in the Boston area.

T.O.O.P: $3883
    monthly: $356
    With sales and exercise taxes: $437/mon
  • Options
    twinmom3twinmom3 Member Posts: 3
    Hi-
    Someone asked me to posted where we bought our car from.

We bought our Volvo XC-90 from Farrell Volvo in Southboro, Ma. I was very happy with the entire car buying experience from there - we made the purchase while having our 2 1/2 year old twins with us!!!! I love my XC-90.
  • Options
    rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    Does the 2006 have bluetooth? What about Sirius? How is the navigation system (easy/effective or frustrating)?
  • Options
    aaddmmaaddmm Member Posts: 6
    Good luck!...I happily just traded my xc90 in. I hope you don't have to replace the breaks/rotors and tires every 15,000 miles like I did. If you did not buy the extended warranty, buy it tomorrow! After 50,000 miles, the car becomes very unreliable.
  • Options
    kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    lucky you. mine started to have A/C, door lock, trim piece, and CD player problem right before 20,000 miles.
  • Options
    jb_10009jb_10009 Member Posts: 4
    They failed to fix my car and returned it with new problems. Instead of any refund at all, they offered a "deep discount" on new repairs that were still $1000 higher than any other mechanic to make up for the problem. Really awful owner. Charming, but horribly unfair. Just dishonest in my book. How can they look themselves in the mirror? If you want your car returned in worse condition than you brought it in, this place is for you! Warning: don't complain, or your car will be returned badly damaged. And don't ever bring it back for them to look at, they just make it worse. They have records for how many repairs they do. How do you think that happens??? Even the guy who loves them has needed them 10 times in one year for one car. How does that make them great mechanics? If that is how you want to spend all your time and budget, this place is for you! Woo Hoo!! They actually send their mechanics to a school to learn how to jack up repair costs according to a weblink from their website that has now been disconnected! I have informed them that I would share the honest facts and invited them to deny this or provide an explanation.
  • Options
    Well, Volvo of Richardson is by far the WROST Volvo dealer I have been to. Took my car in for an oil change, but the write up dude was trying to sell me the 22.5k mile service. I said no. Oil change only please. Guess what. The dude gave me "the look". When the car was returned, it got an extra 17 miles on the odometer . I don't know if they did a road test on my car after the oil change, or the oil change dude took my car out for lunch or to impress his friends.

Try Volvo of Dallas. It has much better service. They fix few problems that other dealers couldn't fix. You will be surprised the quality level of different Volvo dealers!
  • Options
    shlansbergshlansberg Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Did my husband and I find a good deal on a new, '06 XC90 V8 AWD?

It's got the versitility pkg, climate pkg, touring pkg, navigation system, rear seat entertaiment system, moonroof, park assist, folding mirrors, heated seats, cd changer, wood steering wheel, ipod ready, leather, special headlights with washers, etc -- every bell and whistle except the chrome wheels. We have a choice of silver with tan interior or peal white with black interior.

MSRP was $56 and change. Invoice was $51 and change. He offered it to us for $50,700 (plus tax and license). It seems like a good deal, but, I really am not sure.

Any thoughts? Thanks! Stephanie
  • Options
    joedealjoedeal Member Posts: 8
    hi, twinmom3

Do you mind share the quote you got from the southborough dealer? I lives in westboro and hoping to buy the exact same configuration you bought soon..
  • Options
    There is a $3500 rebate going on with XC90. If the invoice is $51K, the true dealer cost is $47.5K. I'd aim for $48k at most.
  • Options
    lmgkeyslmgkeys Member Posts: 20
    Can you tell me is the $3500 rebate on all XC90's? We've been shopping around and trying to figure out what kind of deal we should be getting. We've been quoted $39,500 for a 2007 I6 with premium, versatility, climate pkgs and $39,500 for a 2006 V8 demo with 6k miles. Not sure if either one is a great deal, in no rush to make a purchase if not. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.
  • Options
    The rebate only applies to '06 XC. If you are not in a big hurry, I'm sure the same (or better) rebate will be available around summer next year toward the '07 XC. Similar to domestic cars, Volvo tend to mark up the MSRP and offers crazy discounts. Most of the salesperson won't tell you about the rebate, unless you ask.

If you are getting the 2006 demo V8, make sure those are not the early production cars. Volvo just got this V8 engine from Yamaha this model year. Yamaha is definitely not famous for making large displacement engines. I don't own one, but I have seen some bad feedbacks for the early models.

The I6 has similar performance as the '06 turbo I5. The only thing is that you won't get the $3500 rebate, unless you can wait until next year.

You can find out the rebate from Edmund's incentive website: http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?step=2&modelId=100506132&setz- ip=77083&state=TX&tid=edmunds.n.incentivesindex.incentives.2.2.Volvo*
  • Options
    What do you mean by the early production cars? Sorry, don't mean to be dense but I want to be sure on what I'm spending this kind of money on so I appreciate any kind of help I can get. Do you own the I5? Thanks for the info on the rebate though because it can definitely change the plan of attack. What kind of prices are people paying for the 2007 I6's? Thanks.
  • Options
    guyfguyf Member Posts: 456
    Yamaha has been making the engines for the Toyota Supra's and the Celica turbo's for many years. My 1988 Celica AWD turbo had a Yamaha engine. No problem there. They also made the engine for the Ford Taurus SHO.

As for the 2.5T, it has been in production for many years and is very reliable as well. I would not be scared of either.
  • Options
    The Yamaha built V8 has been quite trouble free.
    I would not hesitate to recommend one. Much more rewarding to drive than the 2.5T or SI6 engine.
  • Options
    I've never done any research on Supra and Celia, so I can't say anything about those two. The Taurus SHO with Yamaha is famous for the unreliability. SHO had high output, but it was also one of the most "fragile" product Ford ever built.

You are correct on the 2.5T. After many years of improvement, the I5 engine is rather reliable.
  • Options
    If you are getting the V8, you may consider a XC that is built during the second half of the year. Volvo should work out most of the bugs in this new engine.

Volvos are EXPENSIVE to fix. Make sure you get the extended warranty. My past Volvos started to have major problems right after the 4 year warranty (my current Volvo starts to fall apart under 20k miles). Good news is that the ext warranty saved me thousands of dollars. Volvo ext warranty isn't cheap, but it's negotiable.
  • Options
    The Yamaha SHO motors were bullet proof. It was everything else around the motor that failed.
  • Options
    There really weren't any bugs to fix in the engine.

While Volvo's are more expensive to fix than a
    Honda or Toyota they are less expensive than a Merc or Bimmer, or even alot of Lexus'.
    An extended warranty is a very good idea on any of the above mentioned cars if you are planning to keep the car past the factory warranty expiration.
  • Options
    If you do a quick search on some of the Volvo chat sites, you will find the common V8 problems.

From personal experience, my Volvos visit the dealer much more often then my MB. MB's reliability is far from Lexus standard, but Volvo is worse.

Don't get me wrong, Volvo isn't that bad overall. It sucks at the reliability department, but the XC90 and S80 are probably the 2 safest cars in the price range (after huge discounts).
  • Options
    Ok, we are still debating and another deal has come up. This one is for an Ocean Race Edition, showroom new at $43,250 + dealer's fees. I'm still shopping on a new 2007 I6 because nobody in my area has any 2006 V8's to deal on but this Ocean Race Edition seems like it has possiblity. Can somebody let me know what the prices are out there for these cars since there aren't any 2006 V8's left in our area. I'm just not sure if this is a great car and a good deal. Thanks, again.
  • Options
    dhogue1dhogue1 Member Posts: 14
    I wanted to say a big THANKS to this forum for all the useful information. It was a big help in working out the lease on my wife's 06 XC90. Here is what we got:

Vehicle: 2006 XC90 V8 AWD ASR7
    Options: Convenience, Climate, Touring
    MSRP: $53,330
    Price: $48,855 (incl. trade/payoff of 2 yr. old Odyssey - Edmunds trade in value was roughly equal to payoff amount)
    Fees/Taxes: $595 Acqu./$759 tax/$70 title&lic.
    Miles: 15,000 year
    Residual: 71%
    Money Factor: .00001
    Payment: $515 (incl. OH tax at 6.5%)
    Miles on vehicle: 360 (they had to pick it up from a dealer in St. Louis and drive it back)
    Dealer: Quantrell Volvo in Lexington, KY

All negotiations were done over the phone and no suprises when we got there. This is an outstanding dealership IMO and I would highly recommend them to anyone. Very fair and professional.

Thanks again to everyone for the very informative posts! :)
  • Options
    rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    I assume that's for 24 months?
  • Options
    dhogue1dhogue1 Member Posts: 14
    You are correct. The 24 month Volvo subsidized lease program.
  • Options
    roo2roo2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there! I'm in Toronto and would like to know where you purchased your XC 90 and what your experience at that dealership was! If you care to share your cost info, it would be greatly appreaciated! Thanks :)
  • Options
    cecilexumcecilexum Member Posts: 3
    What kind of deals are folks seeing on 2007 models (3.2)? I am thinking of buying one in Sept/Oct time frame and am curious about the state of the xc90 marketplace (e.g., rebates, special option pricing, msrp only, invoice + x%, etc.). I am X-plan pricing eligible but wouldn't be opposed to paying less...
  • Options
    benildabenilda Member Posts: 21
    I completely agree. I have thesame problem and a lot of concerns. More time in the dealer than having a road trip w/ our family. I am looking now to trade this in in back to another Tundra w/c I used to own w/o problems. I take it to d' dealer just for reg. maintenance.
  • Options
    joycoloristjoycolorist Member Posts: 10
    What is the invoice price on a 2007 V6 XC90 AWD
  • Options
    If you go to Edmunds.com and look up the XC90 under luxury SUV's you can build the car with your exact options and color and get the invoice and MSRP on the car. It's a great tool.
  • Options
    shoresailingshoresailing Member Posts: 29
    The Yamaha V8 appeared in the XC90 in the 2005 model year. I purchased a 2005 XC90 with the V8 engine and it has been a dream.