Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 BMW 2-Series Lease Questions

1235»

Comments

• Options
    spongecarspongecar Member Posts: 15
    Residual and MF for 2016 M235i for 33mo/36mo, 12k/yr in CA? What about 2017 230i/M240i? Thank you
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    edited October 2016
    spongecar said:

Residual and MF for 2016 M235i for 33mo/36mo, 12k/yr in CA? What about 2017 230i/M240i? Thank you

Coupe or convertible?

2017 discussion is here:
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/41982/bmw/2-series/2017-bmw-2-series-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    spongecarspongecar Member Posts: 15
    kyfdx said:

spongecar said:

Coupe or convertible?

2017 discussion is here:
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/41982/bmw/2-series/2017-bmw-2-series-lease-questions#latest
    Coupe. Interestingly, I found a 2015 coupe still on the lot, what's the MF and residual for a 2015 coupe? Manual transmission
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,291
    spongecar said:

kyfdx said:

spongecar said:

Coupe or convertible?

2017 discussion is here:
    Coupe. Interestingly, I found a 2015 coupe still on the lot, what's the MF and residual for a 2015 coupe? Manual transmission
    No 2015 lease numbers.

.00136 and 60%. No 33 month term for the coupe. $1500 option allowance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    816castroleon816castroleon Member Posts: 2
    Hello! I am new to leasing. I've done some research and learning the lingo and basics as I go. I am looking to get a M240i coupe (MSRP $46,250), and I want to know the October 2016 MF and residual % for 36 month (10k per year)?

By the way, any discounts/rebates for CA and/or corporate discounts with Coldwell Banker?
  • Options

Hello! I am new to leasing. I've done some research and learning the lingo and basics as I go. I am looking to get a M240i coupe (MSRP $46,250), and I want to know the October 2016 MF and residual % for 36 month (10k per year)?

By the way, any discounts/rebates for CA and/or corporate discounts with Coldwell Banker?

The 2017 discussion is here:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    816castroleon816castroleon Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for directing me to the right place!
  • Options
    lstewielstewie Member Posts: 63
    edited October 2016
    What are MF and Residuals on a M235i RWD manual for 36mo. and 10k? Also, any incentives?
  • Options
    lstewie said:

What are MF and Residuals on a M235i RWD manual for 36mo. and 10k? Also, any incentives?

.00136 and 61%. $1500 option allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    bmw2seriesbmw2series Member Posts: 12
    I was quoted this deal for 2016 228xi Coupe:

MSRP 44,745
    Sale price 42,197 (cap cost)
    residual 59% value 26,400
    36 months
    MF 00148
    Lease charge $101.52
    Monthly deposit $438.82
    Base monthly $540.34
    PA tax $48.63
    Total $588.97

Bank fee 925
    Tax bank fee $83.25
    Tags $248.55
    Total $1845.77

I realize I should seek a lower sale price, but around how much? And do all the other charges look right? I've never leased before and want your expertise. Thanks!

• Options

I was quoted this deal for 2016 228xi Coupe:

MSRP 44,745
    Sale price 42,197 (cap cost)
    residual 59% value 26,400
    36 months
    MF 00148
    Lease charge $101.52
    Monthly deposit $438.82
    Base monthly $540.34
    PA tax $48.63
    Total $588.97

Bank fee 925
    Tax bank fee $83.25
    Tags $248.55
    Total $1845.77

I realize I should seek a lower sale price, but around how much? And do all the other charges look right? I've never leased before and want your expertise. Thanks!

MF is marked up from .00134 base rate.

For BMW, we suggest 7% off sticker price

The fees look correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

The fees look correct.

Thanks so much!
    BTW, is there any reason why the residual is so low now? Wasn't it like 65% last month? Is there are particular 2-series model that has a really high residual right now?
  • Options

The fees look correct.

Thanks so much!
    BTW, is there any reason why the residual is so low now? Wasn't it like 65% last month? Is there are particular 2-series model that has a really high residual right now?

All 2-series have the same residuals.

Guess inventory has dropped enough that BMW doesn't feel a need to support their sales with a high residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    So I was wondering if you could help me again to ascertain if this is a good deal. Since it's Saturday the dealerships closed early and I'm not sure I got all the pertinent data needed but here goes:

2016 228i xdrive coupe 10k/year
    MSRP $41,620
    Sale $38,850 (so close to 7% like u said)
    Incentives $1,500 + (possible college/grad $1,000, but not sure)
    Residual 59%
    MF .00134
    $800 up front
    $507 monthly payments

I'm in PA. He said to use my trade in as equity. And they allow MSDs. Is this a good deal?
  • Options

So I was wondering if you could help me again to ascertain if this is a good deal. Since it's Saturday the dealerships closed early and I'm not sure I got all the pertinent data needed but here goes:

MSRP $41,620
    Residual 59%
    MF .00134
    $800 up front
    $507 monthly payments

I'm in PA. He said to use my trade in as equity. And they allow MSDs. Is this a good deal?

Assuming 9% tax, I get $525/mo with those numbers.

Get the adjusted cap cost from the dealer.

We don't recommend using the trade as equity- that money is lost if the car is stolen or totaled.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Michaell said:

MSRP $41,620
    Residual 59%
    MF .00134
    $800 up front
    $507 monthly payments

We don't recommend using the trade as equity- that money is lost if the car is stolen or totaled.
    Thanks for the reply!
    The dealer said we should use my car as 'equity back to me'. That means the money goes to me, right?
    And does the 'adjusted cap cost' mean the sale price minus incentives? I read the definition online and it's the cost used to figure out the monthly payments, but I'm wondering what other numbers I need to figure out this amount.

And shouldn't a 2016 car have more of a discount than a 2017 car? I know you said shoot for 7% for both, but wouldn't dealers want to get rid of old stock? And I read online that december is a good time to purchase a car because that's when dealers try to meet their quota. Is this a true statement in your opinion?
  • Options

Michaell said:

MSRP $41,620
    Residual 59%
    MF .00134
    $800 up front
    $507 monthly payments

Thanks for the reply!
    The dealer said we should use my car as 'equity back to me'. That means the money goes to me, right?
    And does the 'adjusted cap cost' mean the sale price minus incentives? I read the definition online and it's the cost used to figure out the monthly payments, but I'm wondering what other numbers I need to figure out this amount.

And shouldn't a 2016 car have more of a discount than a 2017 car? I know you said shoot for 7% for both, but wouldn't dealers want to get rid of old stock? And I read online that december is a good time to purchase a car because that's when dealers try to meet their quota. Is this a true statement in your opinion?
    Yes, the dealer can cut you a check for any equity in your trade.

Adjusted cap cost is the selling price less incentives plus any taxes or fees you aren't adding into the payment.

You should be able to get a bigger discount on the old model year, yes.

December is usually a good time to buy or lease. However, no guarantee that there will be lease support next month or what the inventory levels will look like.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    trubluluder93trubluluder93 Member Posts: 5
    Are there any incentives this month?
    Do you happen to know if they're offering any 30/33 month leases, and what those residuals would be?
  • Options
    Okay so I'm on my way to the dealership to perhaps pull the trigger on a 228i xdrive. was able to get 10% off $41,620 for $37,100. They quoted a really high MF initially but was able to get it down to .00138. Residual is 59%.

I live in PA but purchasing in New Jersey. Definitely getting the $1500 incentive. Hoping for the college grad incentive but not counting on it. Could you give me an idea of what my monthly payment would be like with like $3000 down? Thanks!
  • Options

Do you happen to know if they're offering any 30/33 month leases, and what those residuals would be?

$1500 option allowance. No special term length deals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Okay so I'm on my way to the dealership to perhaps pull the trigger on a 228i xdrive. was able to get 10% off $41,620 for $37,100. They quoted a really high MF initially but was able to get it down to .00138. Residual is 59%.

I live in PA but purchasing in New Jersey. Definitely getting the $1500 incentive. Hoping for the college grad incentive but not counting on it. Could you give me an idea of what my monthly payment would be like with like $3000 down? Thanks!

MF this month is .00134. 59% is correct residual for 36/10.

If you pay tax, acquisition fee, DMV/dealer fees and 1st payment, upfront, the payment would be $431/mo.
    (that should be pretty close to $3000 upfront).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

If you pay tax, acquisition fee, DMV/dealer fees and 1st payment, upfront, the payment would be $431/mo.
    Thanks for the fast reply! Im so mad I agreed to 00138. I wonder how much more I'm paying now instead of the 00138. I hate buying cars because dealers are so shady. But thanks edmunds for taking out some of the guesswork!
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

Sooo. after negotiating the deal over email, and then traveling into the dealership, I find out the car is NOT new and it's a loaner. The salesman didn't even tell me until i asked at the end how many miles were on it. Now this was a car I picked off their website under "New Inventory",

Then he said there were no incentives, when there is clearly an 'option incentive $1500' on their website. So I've just about had it with BMW.

Moderator, I realize this is a bmw thread, but since you moderate all the car forums, could u tell me what's really deeply discounted right now that's a premium luxury sports vehicle around $40k? Thanks!
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Sooo. after negotiating the deal over email, and then traveling into the dealership, I find out the car is NOT new and it's a loaner. The salesman didn't even tell me until i asked at the end how many miles were on it. Now this was a car I picked off their website under "New Inventory",

Then he said there were no incentives, when there is clearly an 'option incentive $1500' on their website. So I've just about had it with BMW.

Moderator, I realize this is a bmw thread, but since you moderate all the car forums, could u tell me what's really deeply discounted right now that's a premium luxury sports vehicle around $40k? Thanks!
    Demo cars qualify for new car rates and incentives. But, I understand your frustration.

BMW is having the best deals, as is Infiniti with the Q50.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Demo cars qualify for new car rates and incentives. But, I understand your frustration.

Thank you!
    Question: Is a security deposit necessary for leasing? The last two BMW dealerships tagged on a security deposit ($2500-$3500) to the initial costs. Is that negotiable?

• Options

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Thank you!
    Question: Is a security deposit necessary for leasing? The last two BMW dealerships tagged on a security deposit ($2500-$3500) to the initial costs. Is that negotiable?

They were adding the MSDs to lower the money factor. Seems like they should have explained that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    lavjrlavjr Member Posts: 18
    Looking for the 228i coupe lease numbers for December for 12K and 15K per year for 36 months. South Florida,
    Can you please help.
  • Options
    lavjr said:

Looking for the 228i coupe lease numbers for December for 12K and 15K per year for 36 months. South Florida,
    Can you please help.

.00134 MF and 58%/56% residual. $1500 option allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    lavjrlavjr Member Posts: 18
    Thank you
  • Options
    pdxorpdxor Member Posts: 10
    Hi

Can you please give the mf and residual on a 2016 m235 xdrive convertible for 36/10k and 36/12k?

thank you! 
  • Options
    pdxor said:

Hi

Can you please give the mf and residual on a 2016 m235 xdrive convertible for 36/10k and 36/12k?

thank you! 

.00134 and 59% / 58%

$1500 option allowance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    stj553zstj553z Member Posts: 3
    Could you please give the MF and residual for a 2016 228i xdrive for 36/10K and 36/12k.

Thanks
  • Options
    stj553z said:

Could you please give the MF and residual for a 2016 228i xdrive for 36/10K and 36/12k.

Thanks

.00134 MF and 57%/56% residual
    $1500 option allowance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kogumakoguma Member Posts: 134
    edited February 2017
    Can you provide MF / RV for M240i coupe RWD with manual transmission 24 months / 10k miles.
  • Options
    izz_1487izz_1487 Member Posts: 11
    Looking at a 2016 228i xDrive MSRP is 34,000 What is a good realistic Sale price? it has 5K miles on it
    I'd be looking at 3yr /36K

What's the MF and residual for that model

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    koguma said:

Can you provide MF / RV for M240i coupe RWD with manual transmission 24 months / 10k miles.

There is no M240i for 2016.

Did you want the 2017 discussion?
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/41982/bmw/2-series/2017-bmw-2-series-lease-questions#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    izz_1487 said:

Looking at a 2016 228i xDrive MSRP is 34,000 What is a good realistic Sale price? it has 5K miles on it
    I'd be looking at 3yr /36K

What's the MF and residual for that model

Thanks in advance

.00140 MF and 53% residual
    $1500 market allowance.
    Residual will be reduced to account for the 5000 miles.

Can't help with pricing on a demo/loaner

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    vistavista Member Posts: 9
    What are the MF and residual for a 2017 230i RWD in March, please, for 10k/12k? Thanks!
  • Options
    vista said:

What are the MF and residual for a 2017 230i RWD in March, please, for 10k/12k? Thanks!

.00140 MF and 58%/57% residual for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    royalace4royalace4 Member Posts: 21
    Would you be able to provide the MF and residual for a 2016 M235 xDrive convertible for 24/15k? Thanks!
  • Options
    royalace4 said:

Would you be able to provide the MF and residual for a 2016 M235 xDrive convertible for 24/15k? Thanks!

.00140 and 57%. $1500 market allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bananacalfbananacalf Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2017
    2016 BMW M235 Rear-Wheel or AWD
    36/12k
    St. Louis, MO
  • Options

36/12k
    St. Louis, MO

.00140 and 53%

$1500 market allowance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Michaell said:

36/12k
    St. Louis, MO

.00140 and 53%

$1500 market allowance
    One of the dealers said you can't use the market allowance on a M!

That seems so low for that car... I guess it's not going to get any better.
  • Options

Michaell said:

36/12k
    St. Louis, MO

.00140 and 53%

$1500 market allowance
    One of the dealers said you can't use the market allowance on a M!

That seems so low for that car... I guess it's not going to get any better.
    No allowance on the M2 or the M235iR

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    2017 BMW M240i
    36/12k
    Can't believe the 2016 is down to 53%!
  • Options

2017 BMW M240i
    36/12k
    Can't believe the 2016 is down to 53%!

.00140 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator