Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Honda Odyssey Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    cod12998 said:

Would I be entitled to the $1000 returning odyssey(current lease up in July) leasee cash as well as the available $1750 lease cash?

I don't see why not.

The lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive that they can choose to pass along to the customer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ccc132435ccc132435 Member Posts: 31
    Michaell said:

cod12998 said:

Would I be entitled to the $1000 returning odyssey(current lease up in July) leasee cash as well as the available $1750 lease cash?

I don't see why not.

The lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive that they can choose to pass along to the customer.
    The only thing you cannot combine with the $1000 is the sign and drive, that is what I was told.
  • lazy_melazy_me Member Posts: 15
    Could you help me with May numbers and incentives for MA - LX 36/15
    lazy_me said:

Could you help me with May numbers and incentives for MA - LX 36/15

.00041 and 54%.

$1250 total lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• hbharveyhbharvey Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me the May numbers and incentives for California (Orange County) for EX-L 36/12
    hbharvey said:

Can you tell me the May numbers and incentives for California (Orange County) for EX-L 36/12

.00041 and 56%

Total $1750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bag73bag73 Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I am in Nassau County, NY - would you be able to tell me the numbers and any/all incentives for May in my area. Also, Sorry for the stupid question, but I have a 2013 odyssey lease ending very soon and only 23,000 miles on it (36mo lease). How does this, or how can I get this, to factor into lowering the cost of the car. One dealer told me the lease return, despite the low mileage, does nothing for me towards a new lease. Maybe that's true but I thought I would ask. Thanks.
  • iutoddiutodd Member Posts: 27
    EX and SE MF and residuals for Missouri? And how much lease cash there is? Edmunds has $1000 listed but I'm seeing $1250 and $1750 for a few areas/trims.

Thank you so much!
    bag73 said:

Hi, I am in Nassau County, NY - would you be able to tell me the numbers and any/all incentives for May in my area. Also, Sorry for the stupid question, but I have a 2013 odyssey lease ending very soon and only 23,000 miles on it (36mo lease). How does this, or how can I get this, to factor into lowering the cost of the car. One dealer told me the lease return, despite the low mileage, does nothing for me towards a new lease. Maybe that's true but I thought I would ask. Thanks.

What trim level are you looking for?

.00041 is the MF this month.

If you think you have equity, you can trade in your lease rather than turn it in and use the equity to offset the up front costs of the new lease. We do not recommend using the equity as a down payment - that money would be lost in the event the new van was stolen or totaled.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

iutodd said:

EX and SE MF and residuals for Missouri? And how much lease cash there is? Edmunds has $1000 listed but I'm seeing $1250 and $1750 for a few areas/trims.

Thank you so much!

.00041 MF; what lease term and how many miles per year are you looking for?

The $1000 lease cash is public knowledge; the $250 is a hidden factory to dealer bonus that they can pass along to the customer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• durgundurgun Member Posts: 12
    I am looking to leasing an Odyssey EXL with or without RES in Brooklyn NY. What should be my target monthly payment for a 12K 36 month lease?
    durgun said:

I am looking to leasing an Odyssey EXL with or without RES in Brooklyn NY. What should be my target monthly payment for a 12K 36 month lease?

56% and .00041. $1750 total lease cash.

Can't figure a payment without knowing the MSRP and selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• iutoddiutodd Member Posts: 27
    Michaell said:

iutodd said:

Thank you so much!

The $1000 lease cash is public knowledge; the $250 is a hidden factory to dealer bonus that they can pass along to the customer.

Sorry! I forgot about that bit.

Could I possibly see:

36 months 12,000 miles/15,000 miles

Thanks!
    iutodd said:

Michaell said:

iutodd said:

Thank you so much!

Sorry! I forgot about that bit.

Could I possibly see:

36 months 12,000 miles/15,000 miles

Thanks!
    54% for 36/15 on both trims; add 2% for 12K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bag73bag73 Member Posts: 8
    Michaell said:

bag73 said:

If you think you have equity, you can trade in your lease rather than turn it in and use the equity to offset the up front costs of the new lease. We do not recommend using the equity as a down payment - that money would be lost in the event the new van was stolen or totaled.
    EX. 36 months, 12k miles
    bag73 said:

Michaell said:

bag73 said:

EX. 36 months, 12k miles
    56% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ctleasefamilyctleasefamily Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a 2016 Odyssey SE. I have a sale price of 19, 143. 15K per year. Unfortunately credit is standard (659-610). I have the $1000 loyalty cash being used as a down payment. What should my payments be if I am getting the dealer incentive? Also, would it be cheaper or close in price to get the EX-L since the incentive is higher? Any and all help is appreciated!

I'm looking at a 2016 Odyssey SE. I have a sale price of 19, 143. 15K per year. Unfortunately credit is standard (659-610). I have the $1000 loyalty cash being used as a down payment. What should my payments be if I am getting the dealer incentive? Also, would it be cheaper or close in price to get the EX-L since the incentive is higher? Any and all help is appreciated!

.00142 MF and 54% residual for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year.

In addition to the $1000 lease cash, there is also $250 bonus lease cash on the SE.

What is the MSRP and the selling price? The selling price you've given seems much too low.

EX-L has the same residual, but the larger incentives may be offset by a higher selling price. You'd have to run the numbers on both trims to see whivh makes more sense.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ctleasefamilyctleasefamily Member Posts: 3
    31, 492 selling price-sorry, I put the residual:-)

31, 492 selling price-sorry, I put the residual:-)

It's all good.

Using $35,450 as the MSRP, $31,492 as the cap cost, 54% residual and .00142 MF, I get $415/mo plus tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gasisontherghtgasisontherght Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a touring elite. Msrp $45650. Standard 36mo/12k.  Sales price $40,280.53 after rebates. $0 down. All fees rolled in. $290.50 fees. Tax rate is 7.25%. Not sure the amount for inception fee and any other bs, should be standard honda amounts. Dealer is coming back with payments about $30 higher than what I am calculating. I'm coming in at $551/month. Does this seem reasonable? Or what other "fees" is the dealer trying to charge me with?  Thank you!

Looking at a touring elite. Msrp $45650. Standard 36mo/12k.  Sales price $40,280.53 after rebates. $0 down. All fees rolled in. $290.50 fees. Tax rate is 7.25%. Not sure the amount for inception fee and any other bs, should be standard honda amounts. Dealer is coming back with payments about $30 higher than what I am calculating. I'm coming in at $551/month. Does this seem reasonable? Or what other "fees" is the dealer trying to charge me with?  Thank you!

We would need to know the adjusted capitalize cost, with everything rolled in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dcfilleodcfilleo Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Could you please share the newest MF and residual for an EXL in New Jersey? (36 month/12k lease) Also, is there lease cash incentive from Honda?
    thanks! 
    dcfilleo said:

Hi, Could you please share the newest MF and residual for an EXL in New Jersey? (36 month/12k lease) Also, is there lease cash incentive from Honda?
    thanks! 

.00041 and 56%

Total $1750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kimmy23kimmy23 Member Posts: 10
    What does lease cash mean? Does it mean discount off of the invoice? Thanks. 
    kimmy23 said:

What does lease cash mean? Does it mean discount off of the invoice? Thanks. 

Lease cash is a factory to dealer incentive; dealer can pass it along to the customer in the form of a lower selling price.

Use this knowledge when negotiating.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zenfloaterzenfloater Member Posts: 22
    Is this a decent deal or should I push for more?

2016 EXL
    $0 down (sign and drive)
    36 month lease
    12K miles/year
    $380 / month (includes tax)
    Is this a decent deal or should I push for more? 2016 EXL $0 down (sign and drive) 36 month lease 12K miles/year $380 / month (includes tax)
    Not enough information. We need to
    lnow

msrp
    adjusted cap cost
    state and tax rate

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• donchardonchar Member Posts: 56
    Hi- Not sure if lease programs differ by specific model types but I'm looking for:

Touring Elite
    10K/yr
    36months

Any current May or upcoming June numbers?

Thanks!
    donchar said:

Hi- Not sure if lease programs differ by specific model types but I'm looking for:

Touring Elite
    10K/yr
    36months

Any current May or upcoming June numbers?

Thanks!

Honda does not offer 10K leases.

36/12 - .00041 and 51%

$1750 total lease cash.

Current numbers set to expire on 7/5/16.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• g_gokuss4g_gokuss4 Member Posts: 13
    Goodevening, looking to lease a 2016 exl this weekend... Whats the current MF and residual in southern cali? Any incentives? Also is it possible to negotiate for zero down zero drive off or will that just raise up my monthly payments?

Thank you
    g_gokuss4 said:

Goodevening, looking to lease a 2016 exl this weekend... Whats the current MF and residual in southern cali? Any incentives? Also is it possible to negotiate for zero down zero drive off or will that just raise up my monthly payments?

Thank you

.00041 and 54% for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year

$1750 total lease cash.

If you decide to do a sign and drive, the MF drops to .00031 to offset the fees being rolled into the cap cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• palillo24palillo24 Member Posts: 18
    Hi guys. Im looking into a lease price for a 2016 Odyssey EXL with RES out of NYC.
    MSRP $38,550
    selling for $33,101
    putting all fees aside meaning I will pay for them, what would the lease payment be for 12k miles and 36 month
    Can i please get some help.. Stopped by the dealership today for a 2016 exl with res... Sticker price is 38950 selling price 33500 not including taxes and fees ... Trying to lease for 36 months, located in socal... What kind of fees am i looking at? How much would the price be with all fees included and what kind of monthky payment will i be looking at? Hoping for no down on this lease... Please advise i want to make sure i get the best deal possible....

thank you
    Is this a good deal for a 2016 exl with res
    msrp 38550
    discounted price 34318
    with fees all included 36201.80

zero down/drive off
    36month/12k 

monthly $450 tax included
    in southern cali...
    please advise thanks

Thank you
  • rajhondarajhonda Member Posts: 22
    Is this a good lease deal for a 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES in NJ?

MSRP 38550
    Out the door price if purchased: 35,500

zero down sing on drive
    36month/12k
    residual value: $20,817

monthly lease amount: $412
    please advise thanks
  • ccc132435ccc132435 Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2016
    Michael and kyfdx,

Thank you very much for all your help! I have a new Odyssey, 36 months 12K miles/year. Texas

http://tellmethebest.com/honda.html (from a previous post)

Odyssey EX-L RES

MSRP $38,950

Negotiated Price: $32,400

Loyalty discount:$1,000 (Towards Capitalized Cost reduction)

Tax 6.25% (TX you pay taxes up front)

Monthly $399

palillo24 said:

Hi guys. Im looking into a lease price for a 2016 Odyssey EXL with RES out of NYC.
    MSRP $38,550
    selling for $33,101
    putting all fees aside meaning I will pay for them, what would the lease payment be for 12k miles and 36 month

.00041 and 54%.

With your prices, I get $363/mo before fees and taxes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

g_gokuss4 said:

Can i please get some help.. Stopped by the dealership today for a 2016 exl with res... Sticker price is 38950 selling price 33500 not including taxes and fees ... Trying to lease for 36 months, located in socal... What kind of fees am i looking at? How much would the price be with all fees included and what kind of monthky payment will i be looking at? Hoping for no down on this lease... Please advise i want to make sure i get the best deal possible....

thank you

g_gokuss4 said:

Is this a good deal for a 2016 exl with res
    msrp 38550
    discounted price 34318
    with fees all included 36201.80

zero down/drive off
    36month/12k 

monthly $450 tax included
    in southern cali...
    please advise thanks

Thank you

How many miles per year are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

rajhonda said:

MSRP 38550

zero down sing on drive
    36month/12k

please advise thanks

.00031 MF on sign and drive. 54% for 36/12 on EX-L with RES

What is the adjusted cap cost, with all taxes and fees rolled in? Not sure I understand the $35,500 "purchase price" if you are leasing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

ccc132435 said:

Michael and kyfdx,

Thank you very much for all your help! I have a new Odyssey, 36 months 12K miles/year. Texas

http://tellmethebest.com/honda.html (from a previous post)

Odyssey EX-L RES

MSRP $38,950

Negotiated Price: $32,400

Loyalty discount:$1,000 (Towards Capitalized Cost reduction)

Tax 6.25% (TX you pay taxes up front)

Monthly $399

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your deal details with us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi Michaell
    for the 2016 exl with res
     msrp is 38550
    leasing for 36 months 12k/year
    zero down zero drive off
    total with fees $36201

they are asking for $450/month tax included 
    just want to make sure i get the right monthly payments

thank you again
    g_gokuss4 said:

Hi Michaell
    for the 2016 exl with res
     msrp is 38550
    leasing for 36 months 12k/year
    zero down zero drive off
    total with fees $36201

they are asking for $450/month tax included 
    just want to make sure i get the right monthly payments

thank you again

I get $450/mo with those numbers as well - is the 'total with fees' amount include tax?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yes for the $36201 that kncludes drive off dmv fees all the other fees and tax
    g_gokuss4 said:

Yes for the $36201 that kncludes drive off dmv fees all the other fees and tax

The only way to make it a better deal is to Negotiate a lower selling price

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

rajhonda said:

MSRP 38550

zero down sing on drive
    36month/12k

please advise thanks

What is the adjusted cap cost, with all taxes and fees rolled in? Not sure I understand the $35,500 "purchase price" if you are leasing.
    Thanks for quick response Michael. I will find out the adjusted cap. cost. Dealer gave me the out the door price as $35,500 if I am financing with $0 down (all taxes and fees included). Monthly lease amount is $412 if I am leasing it with $0 down (All fees and taxes included). In this case, will adjusted cap. cost be $35,500 or will it be different?

Thanks again,
    Raj
    rajhonda said:

Michaell said:

rajhonda said:

MSRP 38550

zero down sing on drive
    36month/12k

please advise thanks

Thanks for quick response Michael. I will find out the adjusted cap. cost. Dealer gave me the out the door price as $35,500 if I am financing with $0 down (all taxes and fees included). Monthly lease amount is $412 if I am leasing it with $0 down (All fees and taxes included). In this case, will adjusted cap. cost be $35,500 or will it be different?

Thanks again,
    Raj
    It will be different. Will need to add the bank fee, but you'll pay less taxes than if you were buying.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited May 2016
    Michaell said:

rajhonda said:

Michaell said:

rajhonda said:

MSRP 38550

zero down sing on drive
    36month/12k

please advise thanks

Thanks again,
    Raj
    It will be different. Will need to add the bank fee, but you'll pay less taxes than if you were buying.
    Hi @Michaell ,

Adjusted Cap Cost is $35,340

Is monthly lease amount of $412 good deal for $0 down sign and drive (36months and 12K miles for 2016 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES and wheel locks + cargo tray + mud guards)?
  • carm1235carm1235 Member Posts: 36
    I'm new here so and I don't have enough lease knowledge but I'm learning fast. Can someone tell me what determines the % residual on a leased car. Does each model of car have a set residual % or can that be negotiated or changed. Thanks
    carm1235 said:

I'm new here so and I don't have enough lease knowledge but I'm learning fast. Can someone tell me what determines the % residual on a leased car. Does each model of car have a set residual % or can that be negotiated or changed.

Thanks

Residual is set by the bank and cannot be negotiated. Residual value varies by trim level and by lease term and miles per year.

Residual value is based on the MSRP - the bottom line number of the window sticker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator