Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,361

New Macan

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

also saw, out driving around, a 328i GT. A little goofy, but I kind of like it, but I always have been a hatchback fan (loved my 1991 626 5 door).

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options

@stickguy One for you!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

I love the V50. But not the faux sports model with the huge wheels. But a sharp car with a fantastic interior.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2014

@kyfdx, I still haven't heard if that's what Edmunds added to the fleet. A teaser pic of a taillight was posted by one of our editors on Twitter last week.

• Options

@stickguy said:
    I love the V50. But not the faux sports model with the huge wheels. But a sharp car with a fantastic interior.

That picture is of the new V60

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

I know. Just a typo.

• Options

I figured as much... that was just for the lurkers... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    stickguy One for you!

Love... So wish you could get the wonderful Straight 6 Turbo in this trim instead of having to spring for the R-design tho.

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323

V60 looks good, but not a fan of the c-pillar area.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950

I love it. But, man, that's expensive! Came up with like $46k for a T5 optioned up and over $50k for an R-design equipped the same.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,175

Saw 2x new X5 today, a new Range Rover with a tacky aftermarket grille (why do money and taste diverge past a certain point?) and a new S-class - at an intersection near a W116 450 SEL. The older car is one I see around now and then - some patina, Centra wheels, and a mild exhaust defect that makes it sound mean. It probably scared the new car.

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    edited June 2014

Passed one of these (same color scheme) on the way to work. Makes a Ferrari look boring!

• Options

Nothing makes a Ferrari look boring. ;)

well, ok, maybe a Ferrari 400i. :'(

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options

I just can't get into Lambos, there is just something tacky about them. Awesome performance of course but give me a Ferrari or better yet an Aston or Audi R8 instead.

Still a cool sighting tho!

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

"One of those tech dorks in a Tesla ran a stop sign a couple days ago and almost hit me!

yes, but you were almost stomped by a very small carbon footprint! :)

• Options

Is that the Aventador? One showed up at our local "Cars N Coffee" a few weeks ago..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Yep, an Aventador. When I see a Ferrari, I think 'nice'. When I saw that, it just was 'Wow!' Not saying it's a great design, but it is attention getting.

• Options

If I was shopping in that segment, I might entertain a McLaren - seems marginally less douchey. Only Ferrari I'd want is the FF, no Lambos really do anything for me. Or maybe something like a Pagani, Italian exotica but Mercedes heart.

• Options

not that it will ever matter to me, but I always saw the Lambo as appealing to a different demographic (well, different sort of rich guy) than a Ferrari, and especially the more esoteric brands.

• Options
    andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,392

@stickguy said:
    not that it will ever matter to me, but I always saw the Lambo as appealing to a different demographic (well, different sort of rich guy) than a Ferrari, and especially the more esoteric brands.

Personally I don't understand the appeal of Lamborghinis. Sure they're outstanding performers and some are really great looking but for what they cost they ought to have it all. What's missing is heritage; Lambos (and Paganis) have never been proven on the race tracks of the world. If I were to spend that kind of money I'd want a Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati or another brand with a racing heritage.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• Options

A new yellow C7 Corvette with matching calipers. Not my color.

• Options

Whoa, a BMW i3 about 20 miles south of Santa Fe. Tried to get my wife to catch up with it but we were already doing 75 on a 75 and the i3 was in a line of cars bombing along in the left lane doing 80 something.

With an 80 to 100 mile range, if this guy was heading to Albuquerque, he must have had the range extender version.

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    edited June 2014

I've been seeing quite a few of the much-maligned new Mitsubishi Mirages. Green ones, blue ones, purple ones. I don't know how they are selling nationally, but they seem to be doing okay locally.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options

Yep, just saw a green Mirage at lunch. I guess it wasn't one... ;)

• Options

Saw an i3 on the road today - dorky but neat.

• Options

I actually saw (2) of those i3's over the weekend. No dorkier than a Prius but definitely unique. Both brown...

Also quite a few new Volvo V60's, mostly T5 base models but I did see a really sharp Burgandy colored one like the picture that was posted here a couple of weeks ago.

Lots of new X5's as well. And a dealer near me has a couple of the new Chrysler 200's so I stopped by to check them out. Classy...

• Options

Will see a new Sonota this week. They sent a coupon for a free soccer ball with a test drive. Good enough excuse for me and my daughter. She has the gene!

• Options
    edited June 2014

Cool, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. I've seen the new commercial with the guy and his daughter in the parking lot and it's quite the handsome car IMO. The quad exhaust might be overdoing the "sporting intentions" a bit but the car itself is pretty nice in the shots.

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971

Got the same Hyundai email and debating whether to go check it out even though I'm not in the market. The wife is and I'm thinking the Accent is not going to be what she's going to want especially if she keeps it as long as she has the Mazda. So thinking the Elantra might just be the better vehicle. We talked about another Mazda3 and she said if she goes that route, she'd want an S model again though it is a bit pricey now, we paid $17k for our '05 model. So, who knows what's going to happen. They took the Mazda up to Atlanta for a small road trip and no problems so far...the a/c only works on 3 & 4 but all else is fine. Personally, I think she should purchase around Labor Day but again, her decision and think she's shooting for the last week of the year.

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options

Quad exhausts? Ugh...if there's anything modern Hyundai is good at, it is overstyling.

• Options
    edited June 2014

Thankfully, just on the 2.0T models but still... It's not an AMG guys (Hyundai)...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2015-Hyundai-Sonata-5.jpg

• Options

When I see overdone exhaust systems like that, I wonder 'How much performance could they get by spending the money on a better powertrain, instead of 4 flashy exhaust tips?" Probably not much, but I'd rather see the money spent somewhere that matters...

• Options
    edited June 2014

And a diffuser of sorts, and the word "sport" - love it - would have worked in the 90s. Needs body colored parking sensors, too.

@anythngbutgm said:
    Thankfully, just on the 2.0T models but still... It's not an AMG guys (Hyundai)...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2015-Hyundai-Sonata-5.jpg

• Options

Personally, I like it. I don't think its flashy, as it actually hides the exhaust more. It becomes part of the diffuser, is symmetrical, and doesn't hang below the bodywork.

• Options
    edited June 2014

Spotted a white Macan in my town this morning.

Barely stands out other than the side indents. I was thinking I'd like to see one with RS markings. :)

• Options

they look like 4 oversize USB plugs. What are those little shark fins under there for?

Not a bad looking car from the rear, but as we say at cocktail parties: "A bit busy, don't you think?"

But given the demographic for the car, you'd be crazy not to overstyle it.

@texases said:
    When I see overdone exhaust systems like that, I wonder 'How much performance could they get by spending the money on a better powertrain, instead of 4 flashy exhaust tips?" Probably not much, but I'd rather see the money spent somewhere that matters...

• Options

The little fins are to smooth out turbulence as the air leaves the car, which improves aerodynamics and, hence, mileage as far as I have heard/read.

• Options
    edited June 2014

I suspect on something like a Sonata, the diffuser is 100% for looks, and produces no documentable mpg gain. They are about the same as me claiming the fins on my old car are "stabilizers".

The new Sonata isn't ugly per se - definitely nicer than the current model. The rear end gingerbread is just a little pretentious. However, the market seems to like it, it will sell.

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155

@qbrozen said:
    The little fins are to smooth out turbulence as the air leaves the car, which improves aerodynamics and, hence, mileage as far as I have heard/read.

If the fins are the "fins" between the 4 exhaust tips facing downwrd, I really have trouble believing there's any effect on air flow.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options

Saw a BMW 2er coupe - better looking than the 4er IMO - as the latter just seems a little oddly proportioned, somehow.

• Options

Saw a Bentley Mulsanne today, parked in front of one of the local "95% sold out" yet 75% vacant condo highrises being used as escape routes for some.

• Options

I remember a TV show about that in China I believe. they were building new cities with tons of apartments, offices, everything. People were buying the units as a place to park their money, but never living in them. so you basically had a ghost city (no companies in the offices, no residents so no stores, etc.) Yet, the places were largely sold out. Very odd sight.

• Options

Yeah, maybe at 150 mph.

@qbrozen said:

• Options

You obviously aren't familiar with NJ highways. :p

• Options
    edited June 2014

Ghost cities are a big problem, bad development strategies. Not so bad here, where property ownership is simply a pathway to residency - when the axe eventually falls in some locations, those with the means will want out, fast. It's not like anyone cares where the money comes from.

Makes for some interesting cars anyway. Newly arrived 20 year old with no job in a 100K++ car is not an unusual thing on the west coast.

@stickguy said:
    I remember a TV show about that in China I believe.

• Options

Saw a new Chrysler 200 parked out in front of the local dealer. Looks pretty good, another of the swoopy roof sedans.

• Options

Saw a new Caprice police (not state patrol) car today. Drove by the MB dealer, who had an unusual lineup - new E wagons and E63s, and the best combination, E63S wagon. The one I looked at was loaded, including the ridiculous 9K carbon-ceramic brakes. MSRP over 120K. I sat in it - awesome seats.

• Options

New Impala and a nice Mazda3 from Indiana in front of the diner. The tourists have arrived (all 14 of them...).

• Options

We had a good drive to the UP a few summers ago, but it would be pretty challenging in the winter, I bet...