Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• Options
    slorenzenslorenzen Member Posts: 694

Sorry, previous post should have been directed to Stever. B)

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

The Macan Turbo is pretty pricey!

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422

But, but.... they are all turbos!! Even the base model...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

DOH--I meant the larger engine option! The model designation is confusing. The lower HP is called the "S" and the higher HP is called the "Turbo" but they are both twin turbos.

Did I FINALLY get this right? :)

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    But, but.... they are all turbos!! Even the base model...

• Options

Yup... that's it..

I think I'd be okay with the 340 HP for the "base" model..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606
    edited May 2014

Base S model seems like plenty, 0-60 in the low to mid fives. Early reviews say it drives more like a hot hatch then a CUV, and waaaaay better than a Q5. Diesel coming in a year.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971

Drove a CX-5 at work yesterday and it was nice, drove very similarly to my Tuscon though the arm rests in the door were pure cheap and very uncomfortable...could see a bunch of cost cutting which was sad. But do see a lot of them on the roads around here along with the Tuscon and Sportage as well as the Rav4. From what I can see, the cuv's are basically taller compact vehicles...my Tuscon is about the same size as my last generation Civic with a higher seating position. Makes for a good compromise actually for guys like me who are getting a bit older and also have spinal issues. I no longer fall into my vehicle but slide over into it which is so much easier. I predict this segment will become more popular in the next few years as more boomers start to feel the effects of aging.

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    tlongtlong Member Posts: 5,194

That's the reason we really like our Mazda 5. It's taller than a sedan but shorter than a CR-V or equivalent. You pretty much just slide right on in. And it handles way better than one of the cute 'utes.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2014

@slorenzen, funny, had a good breakfast at a joint in Sun Prairie WI this morning between test drives, and I heard the main guy chatting with someone about a $12k '67 Buick Riviera for sale there. So I chatted him up and what the guy really loves are 65 Chevy SS's with the three taillights. But he wants a non-restored one since he can't swing $30 to $40k (this guy was really a 20-something kid). And now he's worried that unmodified "daily drivers" with the nice patina are jumping up in price fast. But he loves those Sixties cars - he had a bunch of pics of the Riviera on his smartphone.

Back to your question, his daily driver is a Sienna he got used with 160k that now has 200k and runs like the proverbial top. Looks good too and less road rash than my Quest.

But - we really want to downsize a bit from a minivan. And new ones are pretty pricey tricked out like we'd want. $30k is about our limit.

@sandman_6472, haven't looked into the Tuscon. Seems like it may be a tad smallish. 70 cubit feet is our target and the Tuscon comes in around 54 cubes. But those boxes can work pretty good when you get a good sized hatch opening to go it.

• Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,606

@stever The new Rogue is getting good press (youtube Alex on Autos for an in-depth review). and hits the 70 Cu ft cargo number. If you are looking at the CX-5, it may not hurt to throw the Nissan in the mix.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,114

I saw a chocolate brown Venza yesterday and it was striking. And I'm a guy who is usually turned off by Asian styling.

2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • Options

The CVT complaints about the Rogue concern me. They're "only" forum posts but ....

• Options
    edited May 2014

2014 VENZA

• Options
    uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,114

Oh, it looked much better from the rear, where I saw it. ;)

2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,176

Saw an A3 sedan on a state highway this morning - as to be expected, it was the fastest car on the road :)

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,326

A silver CLA in the parking lot at work.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Member Posts: 4,277

@fintail said:
    Saw an A3 sedan on a state highway this morning - as to be expected, it was the fastest car on the road :)

I've seen a couple of A3's recently. Audi drivers in general tend to be the most aggressive around here...

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,736

Another Acura NSX, this time in silver.

Had a nice Jag moment the other night: As I was departing work in my XF with the green light, at the red light onto the road I was entering, heading west was an XJ and heading east was an XK. Long live Britania!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options

Saw 2x new X5 and a new small Transit, this one a passenger model.

• Options
    edited May 2014

Edmunds just published a 2014 Ford Transit Connect First Drive review. They liked it better than we did from driving one a month or so ago. I'd comment on the article but after 9 or 10 test drives recently, stuff has run together and I can't really put my finger on all that just didn't feel right (non-reclining second row seat, a bit stark interior, three acres of dashboard).

• Options
    edited May 2014

No doubt the Transit will be a little stark and weird, it is a converted commercial vehicle after all, not really a minivan.

Saw a Ghibli, which somehow made me think "Audi".

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,954

Adjustable 3rd row but fixed 2nd is odd, as is a bench in a minivan, forcing you to fold it to access the back, like a crossover. Couple that with the fact that you can't get factory RES and that the truecar pricing puts a loaded Caravan (with dual-screen RES) at almost the exact same street price, there is no way it makes sense to me.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options

Saw a 2015 Escalade sitting at the dealer today, and nearby sat about a dozen 14s - so if you want a 2014 car that is almost identical to the 2007 model, step right up - deals to be had.

• Options

Saw a new Corvette on the road today.

• Options
    lemkolemko Member Posts: 15,261

Spotted a red Cadillac ELR last night near the American Legion hall in my neighborhood and a black Tesla that pulled up next to a neighbor's house down the street.

• Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805

Last night I spotted a C7 Corvette Convertible - black/black/black

• Options

I just saw a black new Corvette, but every panel cut was outlined in red. Kind of a Tron look, not what I'd call pretty, really.

• Options
    andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,392

@robr2 said:
    Last night I spotted a C7 Corvette Convertible - black/black/black

I saw a new Sting Ray convertible today, the first I've seen top down, very attractive in Electric Blue. I'm still made at GM cuz my Dad's Northstar blew up (@67K!) or I might entertain buying the new 'Vette.

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• Options

Saw a new X5 diesel today.

• Options

Spotted a maroon Ford C-Max followed by a black Ford Fiesta on Oxford Avenue near St. Vincent in NE Philly.

• Options

Saw yet another new X5, another A3 sedan loaner car, and loaded white S63 at the dealer.

• Options
    andys120andys120 Member Posts: 23,392
    edited May 2014

I got a look at a new BMW 428i the other day, the second such I have seen, it was white. Like the black one I saw a few weeks ago it was in Sport or MSport trim because it lacked the chrome window surround of the Luxury line cars.

The Four is a nice looking car that is a dearture from it's 3 Series forebears in that it has a sloping rear in place of the notchback/trunk that has been on 2 door Bimmers since the 1960s.
    The sloping rear and low roofline gives a very sleek look but the 4er is aso noticeably larger than it's predecessors

I'm confused by BMW's current policy of offering every model in three stages of trim, the cheapest of which is called the "Luxury Line" (?) The Lux line is distinguished by the chome surrounding the side windows which the more expensive "Sport" and "MSport" Lines lack.

This seems bass-akwards to us old timers who can still remember when the down-market lines didn't get the chrome trim and the Impalas and Galaxies were dressed up with chrome.

They say "less is more" and that's certainly true of chrome trim but "none is nothing" to coin a phrase. B)

2001 BMW 330ci/E46, 2008 BMW 335i conv/E93

• Options

Spotted a dark gray Audi S8 on Pine Road just outside of Fox Chase in NE Philly. It had a plate that read "1 of 860." Can anybody tell me what this might have been that distinguishes it from other S8s or is the S8 itself that rare?

• Options

saw an i3 in Jackson, NJ this morn. I was quite surprised to see one in the wild already. Had on permanent plates already, too.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    edited June 2014

Was it a new one? I don't think they are that rare, might be some kind of edition. Some older ones might be less common. AMGs scoff at 860 units being rare - E55/E63 wagons were 100 or less units per year in the US.

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,736

At the Greenwich, CT Concours d'Elegance:
    Volga
    VAZ/Lada
    Saab 96
    Minerva
    i3
    1980 Datsun 280ZX w/50 miles! Gold/black Anniversary edtion
    And an incredible variety of classic Porsche, MB, Jag, Rolls, Alfa, Ferrari, Maserati, Lambo, BMW, AMC!, Chrysler, Ford, GM.... Just, wow.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options

Maybe its 1 of 860 in dark grey? :p

• Options
    edited June 2014

well, I was curious so started googling around. MAYBE the guy had an RS6 and transferred the plate ...
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/audi-rs-6-first-drive-review

With only 860 RS 6 sedans destined for delivery to the U.S. starting next year, Audi believes there are plenty of people who will happily pay that much for massive overkill and grand one-upmanship.

• Options

Nice... my google must be broken.. I couldn't find it. Good job! :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

That Audi shows a design issue - the same sausage, different lengths.

I'm waiting to see BMW i series cars here - the way that affluent tech dorks have snapped up Teslas around here tells me some BMWs will sell, too.

• Options

@qbrozen said:
    well, I was curious so started googling around. MAYBE the guy had an RS6 and transferred the plate ...
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/audi-rs-6-first-drive-review

With only 860 RS 6 sedans destined for delivery to the U.S. starting next year, Audi believes there are plenty of people who will happily pay that much for massive overkill and grand one-upmanship.

Actually, I think that was the car. I was trying to follow it in my wife's Buick LaCrosse trying to read the nameplate, but that apparently was an exercise in futility. He was moving at a pretty good clip.

• Options

@fintail said:
    That Audi shows a design issue - the same sausage, different lengths.

I'm waiting to see BMW i series cars here - the way that affluent tech dorks have snapped up Teslas around here tells me some BMWs will sell, too.

One of those tech dorks in a Tesla ran a stop sign a couple days ago and almost hit me!

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165

Is it just me, or do these new Suburban's and Tahoe's look a bit like the current square box Nissan minivans?

• Options

I spotted a couple new Chrysler 200s at the local dealer's holding lot.

• Options

Spotted a dark red Hyundai Sonata Hybrid at Bleigh and Oxford Avenue in NE Philly.

• Options

Saw my first Macan in the wild, a Q5 hybrid, and 3x new style Range Rovers in about 30 mins - la belle epoque.

• Options

Outside the fancy Concours car show, saw a couple of Macans. (I like), and the new Volvo V60 wagon (I like a lot).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Was driving by the Porsche dealer, noticed a Macan sitting outside - I had time to spare, so I stopped to look. Turbo model, 78K MSRP. I had to laugh, it had the smoker's package - definitely aimed at a demographic around here.

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

I happened to stop at the VW dealer tonight, which happens to be right in between the Audi and Porsche stores. and also saw a macan outside, but I was driving past. It was still all covered with shipping protection, but I did like the way it looked.

also some incredibly nice looking 911s fresh off the truck. I had a sad.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

I actually stopped to see if there were any 2015 Golfs on the lot yet, but could not find any. Bummer.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.