Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to learn more!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,300
    I've been to the main LeMay museum a couple times, never been to the Marymount facility. Will have to do that sometime. The big local Concours event is now on the LeMay grounds, so when you buy a ticket, you get free museum admission. I might attend again this year (I liked it more when it was just a few miles from me).
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,329
    edited July 2016
    The Marymount facility is only $12 or so. I think the museum plus parking was closer to $20. The lighting isn't always good, but this Tucker was one of my favorites from the Marymount visit--Tucker had a frunk before Tesla did!

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,670
    edited July 2016
    corvette said:

The Marymount facility is only $12 or so. I think the museum plus parking was closer to $20. The lighting isn't always good, but this Tucker was one of my favorites from the Marymount visit--Tucker had a frunk before Tesla did!

That's really cool!

I have never seen a Tucker in person, and always wanted to. That was WAY before its time. often wondered how true the claims were that Tucker was thwarted by the auto industry and that's the real reason the company failed. In other words, is the movie's depiction really true?
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    With all of the other socio-economic idiocy in this land right now, good luck with that. Some are definitely more equal than others, just don't ask where the money comes from. I am surprised and thankful it all works as well as it does.

stever said:

Went through LAX last week with no drama and the line moved fast; 7 pm on a Wednesday night.

I kind of resent having to pay extra for what really amounts to a cursory background check with PRE, and I kind of resent giving priority lines to first class passengers going through security. That's a government function and there should one line for everyone. While I'm ranting, all the private jet owners should have to go through the same TSA lines with us peons. After a few congressmen and movie stars suffer through the indignations, then we'd start to see some real change in the system.

Off to Mexico this morning with our company. She has a '92 Camry now in Montana and a 2000 Bug back in Anchorage. But she misses her previous ride a lot - a 1968 Grand Torino.

Which ties in nicely with my get off my lawn rant, lol.

• Options
    Cool stuff. I think they took that car to the local Concours several years ago. I saw it there, or its twin. A friend of mine claims he saw it on the road in Tacoma several years ago.

And no ridiculous tax incentives for Tucker buyers, either ;)
    corvette said:

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,192
    stever said:

After a few congressmen and movie stars suffer through the indignations, then we'd start to see some real change in the system..

Amen.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,536
    @stickguy - I saw a 2017 MDX in the wild on 287. It's real puuuurty.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,843
    is the 17 a redesign? I'm not even sure. If my wife ever tried one, she would probably want one. Until she saw the sticker! I did just get an email from a NJ dealer on a 3 year lease on a 2016 MDX tech + navi, for $429/mo. Nothing down (so likely just tax/tags/inception fees).

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 243,694
    stickguy said:

is the 17 a redesign? I'm not even sure. If my wife ever tried one, she would probably want one. Until she saw the sticker! I did just get an email from a NJ dealer on a 3 year lease on a 2016 MDX tech + navi, for $429/mo. Nothing down (so likely just tax/tags/inception fees).

If there is no cap reduction in that $429/mo payment, that's not a bad deal. I think the car stickers in the high $40's with that configuration.

But, I'm sure it's for 10,000 miles per year. And, do you really need anything bigger than the RDX you currently have? (your wife will probably say yes, based on how you've described her propensity to overpack on trips)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Michaell said:

stickguy said:

If there is no cap reduction in that $429/mo payment, that's not a bad deal. I think the car stickers in the high $40's with that configuration.

But, I'm sure it's for 10,000 miles per year. And, do you really need anything bigger than the RDX you currently have? (your wife will probably say yes, based on how you've described her propensity to overpack on trips)
    The deal I saw was $459/mo with $3K down, 10K miles/year, dealer participation required. And yes, that's on an MSRP in the high $40s.
  • Options

Michaell said:

stickguy said:

The deal I saw was $459/mo with $3K down, 10K miles/year, dealer participation required. And yes, that's on an MSRP in the high $40s.
    The $3k equates to about $84/mo, so the true payment is closer to $550/mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 16,024
    I would think this late in the model year and new model coming that the residuals would be lower than normal causing higher payments. High 40s on an Acura should yield a no money down with taxes right around 500 I would think. They are going to need absurdly lower money factors or a rebate.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,045
    edited August 2016
    BMW is advertising an i3 with range extender for what equates to roughly $380/mo with $0 due at signing (before taxes and dealer fees). 10k/36mo. Seems pretty good for a $47k vehicle.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    tjc78 said:

I would think this late in the model year and new model coming that the residuals would be lower than normal causing higher payments. High 40s on an Acura should yield a no money down with taxes right around 500 I would think. They are going to need absurdly lower money factors or a rebate.

There is lease cash on both the 2016 and 2017 MDX, in addition to decent discounts from sticker.

And, the residuals on the 5-series this month are the highest we've seen all year - 67% for 36/10.

So, it's not always true that the end of the year results in the lowest residual values.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    qbrozen said:

BMW is advertising an i3 with range extender for what equates to roughly $380/mo with $0 due at signing (before taxes and dealer fees). 10k/36mo. Seems pretty good for a $47k vehicle.

A month or two ago we had some folks post sub $300 payments on the i3, if they maxxed out the MSDs.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,467
    Once I've been working at my store for 90 days I'm checking out an i3 REX; the employee leases are crazy cheap.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

corvette said:

That's really cool!

I have never seen a Tucker in person, and always wanted to. That was WAY before its time. often wondered how true the claims were that Tucker was thwarted by the auto industry and that's the real reason the company failed. In other words, is the movie's depiction really true?
    Not really true, no. Tucker had a very big mouth and he irritated a lot of powerful people. So the minute his somewhat fast and loose business practices gave those people an opportunity to pounce on him, they did. The Big Three had nothing to fear from him---After tons of money and lots of time he had only produced 51 cars.

And aside from Porsche, nobody really took up the idea of water-cooled rear engine cars.

Nonetheless, for their time, there were precious few sedans in the world, if any, that could match its performance. The large displacement helicopter engine he used put out some serious torque....enough to break the axles if you romped on it.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That description kind of reminds me of another new kid on the auto block.
  • Options
    On the MDX, I checked details. $429/month for 36. $1,024 at inception (1st and doc fee) plus tax and tags. So about another 14-1500. So call it $2,500 OTD then 35 payments of $429.

Their trick, only includes 7,500 miles/year. $.20 over that. So if you did 12k, adds another $75/month, getting right about to $500. So unless I was getting those miles locked in well under .20, I like it this way better.

But, good for someone like me, that tends to go way under!

Can also get an ILX premium a spec, same terms, for $209/mo. Now that works for me! I am about to hit 21 months in on my lease, well before I hit 12k miles!

• Options

corvette said:

That's really cool!

Not really true, no. Tucker had a very big mouth and he irritated a lot of powerful people. So the minute his somewhat fast and loose business practices gave those people an opportunity to pounce on him, they did. The Big Three had nothing to fear from him---After tons of money and lots of time he had only produced 51 cars.

And aside from Porsche, nobody really took up the idea of water-cooled rear engine cars.

Nonetheless, for their time, there were precious few sedans in the world, if any, that could match its performance. The large displacement helicopter engine he used put out some serious torque....enough to break the axles if you romped on it.
    So, grating personality aside and ability to PO some powerful people, Tucker designed and built a car that was ahead of it's time for safety, was fast, was quite roomy inside, was a design hit, built in a plant that was vacant, giving people jobs, etc. Yet, they wouldn't let him sell it to the public?
  • Options
    what is different about a Casper that would make it less hot? That would be terrible for us (sleeping hot) since my wife is already like a little furnace!

• Options
    nelsonfnelsonf Member Posts: 104
    I just checked on the production status of the M4 I ordered. It's been built, and is being transported the the port of exit.

No idea how long it takes to get to the west coast at this point, but I think a September delivery is still the target.

Getting exciting!

Currently own: 2017 BMW M4, 2011 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X Used to own: 2008 VW R32, 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 1987 BMW 325IS

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,329
    stever said:

That description kind of reminds me of another new kid on the auto block.

Yes, if you're referring to one with a fragile ego that lashes out against any public criticism of the product, and a company that treats deadlines as mere suggestions.
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,985
    Finally drove a 2016 Tucson, the new one. 100% better than what I had, so much better. If I had this one back then, doubt I'd have gone for the VW to be honest. Nicer dash layout, digital and regular speedo, all the modern tech and think Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is coming soon. Exterior more attractive, nicer interior, could go on and on. Am sure the Sportage is just as nice to.
    So many nice vehicles out there right now, it's hard trying to pick just one. After sitting in the Tiguan the other day, thinking that after the Golf, that might be the way to go. That or the Encore or HR-V. Got close to a new Chevy Trax today and it's my size, between 167.5" to 170", plan to stay within those specs if possible and the only exception would be given to the Tiguan if it's a bit over. Averaging 1050 miles/month at almost 21 months of ownership and think his mileage will keep up until I give up my 58 mile/day commute. Usually do 3 days/week but once a month will do a 4 when asked or even a 1/2 day if they ask. Have finally realized that my spine can't handle anything over 4 days/week. If so, after a few days I'm down in bed and in intense pain and though love the driving part, the after effects on my body leave me racked with pain and unable to do much with the snowball effect of upsetting the wife. At least I've finally got her to admit that what I'm doing now is the best for the whole family. We can afford our lifestyle with both our part time gigs and my government pension and finally have her on board for my January 1, 2019 2nd retirement date. Another 16 months and I'll be ready and whatever little I get from S S will just have to do until they change that dumb law!!
    Talked with a good friend today and said I'd like to get my next new ride right before that date. The miles I drive will go down tremendously and think if we take a longish trip, renting might be the better way to do that.

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    tommister2tommister2 Member Posts: 393
    Sounds like a good plan @sandman_6472
    2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,328

Finally drove a 2016 Tucson, the new one. 100% better than what I had, so much better. If I had this one back then, doubt I'd have gone for the VW to be honest. Nicer dash layout, digital and regular speedo, all the modern tech and think Android Auto/Apple CarPlay is coming soon. Exterior more attractive, nicer interior, could go on and on. Am sure the Sportage is just as nice to.
    So many nice vehicles out there right now, it's hard trying to pick just one. After sitting in the Tiguan the other day, thinking that after the Golf, that might be the way to go. That or the Encore or HR-V. Got close to a new Chevy Trax today and it's my size, between 167.5" to 170", plan to stay within those specs if possible and the only exception would be given to the Tiguan if it's a bit over. Averaging 1050 miles/month at almost 21 months of ownership and think his mileage will keep up until I give up my 58 mile/day commute. Usually do 3 days/week but once a month will do a 4 when asked or even a 1/2 day if they ask. Have finally realized that my spine can't handle anything over 4 days/week. If so, after a few days I'm down in bed and in intense pain and though love the driving part, the after effects on my body leave me racked with pain and unable to do much with the snowball effect of upsetting the wife. At least I've finally got her to admit that what I'm doing now is the best for the whole family. We can afford our lifestyle with both our part time gigs and my government pension and finally have her on board for my January 1, 2019 2nd retirement date. Another 16 months and I'll be ready and whatever little I get from S S will just have to do until they change that dumb law!!
    Talked with a good friend today and said I'd like to get my next new ride right before that date. The miles I drive will go down tremendously and think if we take a longish trip, renting might be the better way to do that.

From what I've read, the HRV is underpowered with its 1.8 liter engine. For about $3k more than an HRV you can get a CRV, which is a more substantial vehicle with a better 2.4 liter engine.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 7,020
    If Honda would put the 2.0 in the HR-V and make the 1.5T available, that would be a big plus.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,328
    I read somewhere that in a year or so the HRV will probably get the 1.5 turbo on its high end models.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    benjaminh said:

I read somewhere that in a year or so the HRV will probably get the 1.5 turbo on its high end models.

Ooo, I like that plan!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,709

Sandy, the new Kia Sportage styling is sharp. I prefer it over the Hyundai Tucson but then I'm always gonna pick Kia over Hyundai, even though they're close relatives. And I have a slight hankering for that Buick Encore, too. Your plan sounds good, sandy, but clear me up on this: Are you gonna stick with your Golf or are you in the hunt for another new rig? Leasing or purchasing?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    edited August 2016
    benjaminh said:

From what I've read, the HRV is underpowered with its 1.8 liter engine. For about $3k more than an HRV you can get a CRV, which is a more substantial vehicle with a better 2.4 liter engine.

Yes, but he very specifically does NOT want a more substantial vehicle, he wants SMALL. See below, 167 to 170 inches, and the CR-V is 179.4 inches.

Got close to a new Chevy Trax today and it's my size, between 167.5" to 170", plan to stay within those specs if possible and the only exception would be given to the Tiguan if it's a bit over.

We can afford our lifestyle with both our part time gigs and my government pension and finally have her on board for my January 1, 2019 2nd retirement date. Another 16 months and I'll be ready and whatever little I get from S S will just have to do until they change that dumb law!!

Uhhh... January 1, 2019 is 29 months away. Perhaps you meant to say January 1, 2018, that would be 17 months?

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    Ooooo...this looks nice. C'mon and make with the buyout, VW! ha.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Gorgeous. Low miles. I would prefer something not 4 MY old though, especially for that money. But perfect colors.

Make mine a 2015 2.0t, otherwise identical, please!

And old school on this one. Needs a key!

• Options
    edited August 2016
    At this point, I'm leaning toward a GLK350 or the Q5 3.0T (I looked at an X1 and it is too small inside, and the X3 is just so commonplace). Either one would be a CPO 2013, which still leaves 3 years of warranty in many cases I am seeing. Prices range from $28k up to the high 30s. The Audi is more expensive. Auction values are $24-$25k for the Benz and $30k for the Audi. $5k is a lot to overcome, but a test drive of each would be the deciding factor. I don't think I mind using a key. Gimme leather power seats, bluetooth, and nav, and I'm good to go.

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,785
    qbrozen said:

Ooooo...this looks nice. C'mon and make with the buyout, VW! ha.

Think they'd let it go for $31K? I know Q5's are popular, but seems expensive for 3 years old despite the 3.0 engine and low mileage.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    I doubt it. Like I said, they are $30k at auction (with higher miles, I might add).

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 240,495
    qbrozen said:

I doubt it. Like I said, they are $30k at auction (with higher miles, I might add).

It's amazing that seven years after they came out, the same body style Q5 is still the best looking compact SUV. My wife is on her second X3, and still lusts after the Q5.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,985
    Since I'm averaging 13K/year now while working, by the end of 2018 think I should be somewhere in the 50 thousand range and if the vehicle is still working properly, should then be ready to trade. But sure, lots can happen till then and who knows, could still buyout the A3 from the Mrs., just do not know. After losing one sibling at 57, and another on their 58th birthday, I no longer make long term plans on anything in life. The one passion in my life besides my family is my love for the automobile and driving them. And now, if very careful, I can purchase every so often vehicles I never thought I could before. Thank you dad and grandma!
    So yeah, I'm all over the place on what I want to get next time but hey, that's part of the fun. And yes, anything at 170" or smaller is my sweet spot.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,731
    kyfdx said:

qbrozen said:

It's amazing that seven years after they came out, the same body style Q5 is still the best looking compact SUV. My wife is on her second X3, and still lusts after the Q5.
    I agree. I imagine the new one next year will have some sharper creases, but the most significant changes will be inside with the new Audi finishes, including the larger screen and trick TFT screen where the gauges are. Having had the A5, then the S4 and now this SQ5, I'm grown very accustomed to this version of the Audi interior and appreciate the fact that I didn't have to relearn anything.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2023 A6 Allroad - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    @qbrozen - with only 19k miles and certified, that seems like a pretty fair deal at $35k. Around here in Colorado, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a nice 2.0T model at that price. And I think that key is in there just to keep it somewhere - the start/stop button is right there next to the shifter, so it has the "smart key" function.

You should just go get it now. :)

• Options
    So, after a few days of getting to drive the SQ5 around, I am very happy with the decision. As I expected, it is a great mix of most of the attributes from the S4 and X5, but combined into one car. About as close to an S4 wagon as we'll get in the U.S. I suppose.

Overall, it handles and performs as well as the S4, at least to the extent that I push the car. The only thing I miss at times is the manual trannie, which I knew would be the case. But most of the time (i.e., in traffic), I appreciate the automatic.

Speaking of, the 8-speed unit is very nice. If I didn't know differently, I may have guessed it was a DSG based on the quickness of the shifts. It does have that "blurp" when shifting at hard acceleration - very much like the DSG S4 I tested last year. The engine sound from the 3.0T is very pleasing, which is something I appreciated in the S4 and am glad to have retained it.

With its 21" wheels, I thought it was a bit rough over bumps during the test drive, but there's nothing that has bothered me over the past few days. If I were building one from scratch, I would likely opt for the 20" wheels. My S4, which I thought was an excellent balance between handling and comfort, had 19" wheels, with 255/35/19 tires. The SQ5 has 255/40/21 tires. So the SQ5 does have slightly more profile than what I was used to, which explains why I've had no complaints I suppose.

And remember, the car came with a set of almost new winter tires - unfortunately, they're the same size tires to mount on the existing wheels (I would have downsized to 19" for the winter). But man, those tires are expensive, running $336/tire! So, I'll happily use them for a winter or two.

So, very much enjoying the new vehicle, and ecstatic to have consolidated the fleet a bit. Now, like @qbrozen said, bring on the VW buyback and we'll be down to (shock) 4 cars for 3 drivers!

• Options
    same basic car, but in 2.0T trim, a year newer and a few $k cheaper. 3.5 years on the CPO warranty too.

http://www.cherryhillaudi.com/certified/Audi/2014-Audi-Q5-774502f30a0e0a1766f935c0072332bc.htm

• Options
    breld said:

So, after a few days of getting to drive the SQ5 around, I am very happy with the decision. As I expected, it is a great mix of most of the attributes from the S4 and X5, but combined into one car. About as close to an S4 wagon as we'll get in the U.S. I suppose.

Overall, it handles and performs as well as the S4, at least to the extent that I push the car. The only thing I miss at times is the manual trannie, which I knew would be the case. But most of the time (i.e., in traffic), I appreciate the automatic.

Speaking of, the 8-speed unit is very nice. If I didn't know differently, I may have guessed it was a DSG based on the quickness of the shifts. It does have that "blurp" when shifting at hard acceleration - very much like the DSG S4 I tested last year. The engine sound from the 3.0T is very pleasing, which is something I appreciated in the S4 and am glad to have retained it.

With its 21" wheels, I thought it was a bit rough over bumps during the test drive, but there's nothing that has bothered me over the past few days. If I were building one from scratch, I would likely opt for the 20" wheels. My S4, which I thought was an excellent balance between handling and comfort, had 19" wheels, with 255/35/19 tires. The SQ5 has 255/40/21 tires. So the SQ5 does have slightly more profile than what I was used to, which explains why I've had no complaints I suppose.

And remember, the car came with a set of almost new winter tires - unfortunately, they're the same size tires to mount on the existing wheels (I would have downsized to 19" for the winter). But man, those tires are expensive, running $336/tire! So, I'll happily use them for a winter or two.

So, very much enjoying the new vehicle, and ecstatic to have consolidated the fleet a bit. Now, like @qbrozen said, bring on the VW buyback and we'll be down to (shock) 4 cars for 3 drivers!

Would love to see a pic of the fleet in the driveway of your new home.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,323
    qbrozen said:

At this point, I'm leaning toward a GLK350 or the Q5 3.0T (I looked at an X1 and it is too small inside, and the X3 is just so commonplace). Either one would be a CPO 2013, which still leaves 3 years of warranty in many cases I am seeing. Prices range from $28k up to the high 30s. The Audi is more expensive. Auction values are $24-$25k for the Benz and $30k for the Audi. $5k is a lot to overcome, but a test drive of each would be the deciding factor. I don't think I mind using a key. Gimme leather power seats, bluetooth, and nav, and I'm good to go.

MB seats are "pleather" unless you upgrade to real leather. They call it "MB Tex"
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,785
    edited August 2016
    I know MB's (at least the C- Class ) have either painted plastic or black plastic trim on the roof from windshield to the rear glass on both sides (did that change with the recent redesign?) I know the CLA looks down-market to me. Don't know anything about the GLK.

I did enjoy the E350 rental I had for a longish trip I had last Summer. Good cruiser.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    " So, I'll happily use them for a winter or two."

assuming, of course, it makes it until the first snowfall this year.

But dang, now I want a Q5!

• Options
    I think many MBs have had a plastic trim piece on the edge of the roof for years. It is related to mounting of roof racks of various sizes - for years MB has had integrated mounting points for racks.
  • Options
    stickguy said:

same basic car, but in 2.0T trim, a year newer and a few $k cheaper. 3.5 years on the CPO warranty too.

http://www.cherryhillaudi.com/certified/Audi/2014-Audi-Q5-774502f30a0e0a1766f935c0072332bc.htm

I dunno, stick. If I was going to settle for the 4 cylinder, I think I'd just get a Tiguan and save a whole heap of cash.

• Options
    tiguan is tiny though. seems closer in size to a Q3.

I have never actually driven either one though. I am sure the 3.0 is a blast, but having tried a 2.0 in a sedan, I doubt I would be disappointed!

so many choices. and big problem is, if I get a snazzy CUV like that, my wife might steal it to replace hers.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,536
    @stickguy - about a year ago, a friend of ours leased a Q5 2.0T - dark blue with brown interior & 19" wheels. It's sharp looking. She took out a 7,500 mile per year lease. After 3 years, she'll have about 22,500 miles on it with a $27K buyout. That might be too good to pass up.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD