Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,683
    one of the best aspects of having my red TLX. Really easy to find from a distance.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    dad23dad23 Member Posts: 873
    ab348 said:

How’s the Denver-area contingent making out with the big snow that was forecast?

We had about 26-28 inches depending on the area, had three shovels and the snowblower running in shifts for a while but eventually threw in the towel. Like @Michaell, had to create a loop for the beagles to go out so they wouldn't do their business on the deck. Also had an unplanned search and rescue mission as one of the boys thought he'd make a snow angel, got up and his phone was no longer in his pocket. Luckily, he found it, seemed fine as of midnight. Snow in the forecast again for tomorrow and Wednesday...
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,999
    Panic when a phone goes missing. I know the drill.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,574
    Or a tablet. Good God...
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,397
    edited March 2021
    pensfan83 said:

Or a tablet. Good God...

True story...My 15 year old got his phone soaked at lacrosse practice one night. We try the kitty litter trick overnight and by morning he is digging my old iPhone 5 out of the junk drawer to see if he can make it do anything despite it not being activated. On top of that he’s sitting by his phone in the bowl of cat litter as if holding a death vigil. I’m working away and hear something loud going down the street. He was so concerned about the phone that he missed his bus!

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,240

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options

26” total here.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Wow on the snow pics. I won’t mention that we had drinks on the deck yesterday afternoon and had to cut the AC on for a bit.

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,223
    The snow would be fun, the melt-off, not so much.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,509
    au1994 said:

He was so concerned about the phone that he missed his bus!

The end is near.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,976
    A/C has been on for the past few days as it's been around 80 or so each day. Mid '60's at night so it hardly goes on. Our small winter is behind us and we did have some cool weather which was appreciated. It wasn't a warm winter like we had last year luckily, I'm happy when it's just a cool one. Just praying that Mother Nature isn't so angry this year and we have a very quiet hurricane season...last year was the most active year I can ever remember living in South Florida all these many years. Was way too much and don't want a repeat any time soon!
    Basically, 2020 sucked and would just like to forget that whole year ever exited!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Since we got the last stimulus check so late last time, saw in the email today that we're getting a first class letter from the IRS today from the Department of the Treasury. Doubt it could be but maybe, just maybe, it'll be our new stimulus check!! I'll be super happy and amazed if it is and it'll be going right into the checking account to be used, starting with tonight's dinner that I'm bringing in since I'm off today and the wife's working at TurboTax and only has an hour for her dinner break!
    Let's hope it is our stimulus check!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Got home from running errands about 20 minutes ago and noticed the "EPC" light on in the dash. Hoping it's just a glitch and will be gone once I go out later to pick up dinner. If not, I'm gonna be one unhappy guy!!

• Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,290
    I'm signed up for USPS Informed Delivery, as well. I have mixed feelings about it, since I think it can create anxiety when you're receiving what looks like something important, or if you fail to receive something that was in the morning's email on the same day, which also sometimes happens.
  • Options
    xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,820
    corvette said:

I'm signed up for USPS Informed Delivery, as well. I have mixed feelings about it, since I think it can create anxiety when you're receiving what looks like something important, or if you fail to receive something that was in the morning's email on the same day, which also sometimes happens.

Information is always a double-edged sword. :(
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    That has happened where the article has arrived the next day. I just take it for what it is, an information tool that is more correct than not. I figure whatever didn't come one day will surely find me the next. And that's been the case until now!

• Options
    I think the letter is just telling you that you’re getting it. Not the check. I would assume you had direct deposit anyway for taxes, if so, should go straight into the bank.

• Options
    No stimulus check! Just telling us we've already received $1200 from the 2020 Stimulus Package! What kind of nonsense is this? Shouldn't we have gotten this months ago? What [non-permissible content removed] to be honest...total crap!!

• Options
    Not sure why that letter came out now. Probably just reminder since you need it to report on your tax form.

• Options
    stickguy said:

Not sure why that letter came out now. Probably just reminder since you need it to report on your tax form.

I got the same letter - and, specifically says not to count it as income.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,749
    Michaell said:

26” total here.

Oh, hell no

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,712
    I’m quite sore from all the shoveling. The EGO snowblower is awesome for 6-12 inches, but much more limited in this type of storm.

My wife is actually getting on a flight to Maryland for work - I walked her up to the corner to a more primary road that had been plowed and a co-worker picked her up.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    Wow, just wow Colorado crew. Glad everyone is safe and sound.

• Options
    omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702

au1994 said:

The end is near.

A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • Options
    tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,611
    breld said:

I’m quite sore from all the shoveling. The EGO snowblower is awesome for 6-12 inches, but much more limited in this type of storm.

My wife is actually getting on a flight to Maryland for work - I walked her up to the corner to a more primary road that had been plowed and a co-worker picked her up.

Jeez, if you shoveled all of that, then I wouldn't want to meet you in a dark alley.

But it's all worth it if it allows the Supra to picked up.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• Options
    breld said:

Nice work! It's a dump like this that makes for a good excuse to slow things down for a bit. I think it's about time you guys got some decent snowfall, though I'm sorry it decided to all dump at once!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • Options
    omarman said:

au1994 said:

The end is near.

Hmm.... as long as it has been in YOUR refrigerator more more than five years, it should be fine. :D
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,385
    I haven't put my snow blower away yet.
    One year in the mid 90's, we didn't get any snow until April.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    I’m sore, too. This is a heavy, wet snow and my little electric snow blower can’t cope. I’ve been doing it in pieces, and a neighbor was nice enough to plow a path on the sidewalk.

What I wouldn’t give for a hot tub right now.

4th biggest storm in Denver history - 29” at the airport. Still no plow on our street. Watched a Ram pickup get stuck and had to be shoveled out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    xwesx said:

omarman said:

au1994 said:

The end is near.

Hmm.... as long as it has been in YOUR refrigerator more more than five years, it should be fine. :D
    Wow that Caesar dressing bottle looks a lot bigger after posting.

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,730
    tifighter said:

Michaell said:

@oldfarmer50 - are you skipping over posts?

From @breld - Driving wise, it competes well with the Model 3, which is to say it was wonderful. Acceleration was quick - I think it splits the difference between a “regular” Model 3 and the Model 3 Performance.

I was asking about the model S which is the only one with which I have any seat time. I know nothing about the model 3.

Or are they the same thing?
    The S models I've seen in the Enterprise fleet were S 75 models. These were low to mid 4 second cars IIRC. So the Polestar should be similar. The 3 ranges from somewhere like 5.2 sec for the base models to 3.1 sec for the Performance.

But these days, the new base model S is down to 3.1 sec. And we won't even talk about the Plaid.
    I heard hearsay at the Pahrump Nevada track this last weekend that a Tesla went into limp mode on lap 2 at Laguna Seca, not due to lack of juice, but due to overheating batteries.

'15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options

corvette said:

Haven't been here since 2007... Should I take the Tundra? *scratches chin*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFoFPHsc8Vc

All fun and games until you meet somebody doing the same thing coming the other way.
    Never saw him cross the double yellows, so what's the problem?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    corvette said:

@sda he probably can't hear you over the sound of the active exhaust.

If if sounds anything like a C8 Corvette, it's a winner.
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,744

No stimulus check! Just telling us we've already received $1200 from the 2020 Stimulus Package! What kind of nonsense is this? Shouldn't we have gotten this months ago? What [non-permissible content removed] to be honest...total crap!!

On the previous $600 check my wife got her’s, my younger son got his but my oldest son and I got zip. Wife’s came as a check in the mail which made no sense because we both get our SS check direct deposited. That’s the way we got the $1200 last year, so did they forget who were were since then? Another government screw up.

No word on this latest boondoggle.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    What's a stimulus check?
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,744
    stickguy said:

I thought that was tax free?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    OF, did you income change? that is the only thing (well, dying would!) that should change your payout, since the calculation is based on your most recent tax return. Though since it it actually paid on the current year, when you do the taxes at the end of the year it will calculate if you are due something that you did not get up front.

With the first one, my son got a payout, but they sent him one of those debit cards and he did not realize what it was and just tossed it on his desk. About 6 months later we were talking about it with his sister and it dawned on him that he had actually gotten it. Luckily he was able to find it still. The whole process was a big cobbled together on the fly in terms of how different people got the payment.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    My bank and others have posted that many customers with direct deposit can expect to begin receiving stimulus funds beginning March 17, 2021. I also received a letter recently regarding a previous stimulus check deposit.
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,290
    Just substitute "more speakers" with "another car."
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,408
    corvette said:

Just substitute "more speakers" with "another car."

Came here just to say this.
    2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    title of that cartoon: "the Brelds do chores"

• Options
    speaking of buying cars, I read the annual CR auto issue tonight. And realized that there are really not too many cars I really am excited enough about to want to buy (if I do decide to spend the money). Would probably help to narrow down requirements.

But, the new GTI looks interesting still. I kinda like the Kona. The upcoming Maverick is very intriguing. Lots of sedans, but don't think I really need one of those. Go nuts and get a Miata, then never hear the end of it from the wife maybe...

I am curious to see the new design Civic when it comes out. And what models they offer (and if any sticks).

Maybe a Ridgeline is the way to go. Should try out one of them. But still somewhat big. Would come in handy now, with a couple of moves coming up for the princess (being able to tow would save money) and would be nice to be able to take stuff up to our son's place as we try to downsize (dumping it all on him doesn't bother my wife too much!) And if not him, taking stuff to donate or sell would be much easier with a truck.

Maybe a cheap lease on a PU of some sort would work out. Unless I can find a good deal on a used one, but those don't seem to even exist any longer.

so who knows.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/3x-808eTsec

This guys running the course 11 seconds faster than me; who should be more embarrassed, me or him? I love Spring Mountains track.
  • Options
    Hoping that "EPC" light went out in the Golf. Leaving in a few, so we'll see. If not, might have to see the guy again soon. Was hoping to go for a long stretch of no issues with this thing but, doesn't seem to be the case. We shall see shortly!!

• Options
    Funny, they, the government, had my bank account for the paultry s s payment I no longer see, but they sent us a check each time last year. It's the government, so not surprised they don't do the logical thing!

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,985
    andres3 said:

https://youtu.be/3x-808eTsec

This guys running the course 11 seconds faster than me; who should be more embarrassed, me or him? I love Spring Mountains track.

Cool track.
    I don’t understand your question, though.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Used pickups are rarely a deal because people use them to generate income.