Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    We are living parallel lives here Stick. Did the ILX and decided against it because of the lack of low end grunt and it's too much like my current Civic...way too much! Loved the sunroof and backup camera but the price was pretty stupid really! Have moved on to another choice...and it really is CRAZY!

The Sandman

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, real close to a deal here...real close! And it ain't on the Verano or the ILX! Drove an Explorer the other night in the rain, pouring, from Ft. Myers to Ft. Lauderdale and was very impressed. Love the vehicle but hate the size. Saw an Escape at Avis and liked it...have driven them before and enjoyed it a lot. Thought the size was perfect and I can slide over into it. So yesterday I was surfing the web and checked out to see if the BMW drop top was still for sale...sure enough, it is. Got me thinking so I checked the local Autonation dealer near me, a Ford store, to see what they had. Lo and behold, I found a 2014 Escape SE with get this, 1818 miles on it. I was intrigued here so I call and yes, it's not a misprint and it's still there. Go over and bring in my garage clicker and as we are going to leave, i tell the guys that we need to run by the house to see if it'll fit in the garage cause if not, the test drive is over. Sure enough, it fits and I think there's more than enough room for the Mazda on the wife's side but I just have to pull it forward a bit but this seems doable. So far, so good.
    My neighbor 3 houses down has the same exact vehicle but his white is the plain white while mine has the pearlized white, a $500 option. Go back to dealership and find out that the original owner bought it but returned it for the next level Escape, Titanium or something like that, so no issues with this vehicle. I like this ute...I really like it. They mention they can add leather for about $1600 which I decline. They give me a figure on my Civic, $6500. They send over the "closer" guy and we spar a bit. Finally, I get a bit angry and say, "give me a price otd with my car and cash" and then I have to go. He comes back and of course, I say "no way", I'm going with the Buick Verano. Then he goes with the "what will it take to drive this home today" routine and I start to get up and go. He asks me what I want. Tell him to come up a grand on my trade and we'll talk. After about 10 minutes, comes back with a "my car, $17.2k cash plus ttl". Tell him I need to think about this as by now, I have numbers flying all over my head and I need to just back away and process it all.
    Today, they are running ads about a free tablet with every vehicle sold this weekend and text with my sales guy and find out that they have 40 tablets to give away. Tell him that if he can do the above deal but take $16.8k cash, we have a deal. He says to come in tomorrow, they open at 6 a m, and I said sure if I don't have to work. Truthfully, I really love this Escape, it's got the power seat that I really want, the back up camera and the nicer paint, white over sandstone, it's really beautiful. And that's where we stand...if they accept my $16.8k offer, that's $400 less, this could work. Might even tell them $16.7k and we have a deal.
    Just not 100% here...but I am 95% sure I want this vehicle!!! Like it a bit better than the Verano, and the Buick is really very cool. I am finally ready, can't believe I am saying this, I AM FINALLY READY TO LET THE CIVIC GO! Of course, the amp is coming out and the alloys are being swapped for the steelies. I can put the amp in the Escape later and resell the alloys on Ebay. So folks, am I frickin' nuts or what??? Do I get up at 6 a m and go buy a car??? Weird thing here...this just feels right! Me and a Ford...wow!!!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    Lowered the price to $9000 and that's where it's going to stay. Found a Ford Escape and got them up to $7500 on my Civic which is the highest offer I have been given yet. So with the tax savings here, think it's over $7900 really correct? Or maybe my math is screwy here, I just have so many numbers swimming around in my head and there are two different vehicles I like. Truth be told, I like the Escape a bit better and it's easier to get in and out of. The wife is angry, pissed really, but that's gonna happen no matter what I am afraid as she thinks I am nuts and maybe I am...maybe I am. But something inside is telling me to "just go for it, do what "I" want"! And that voice is right. With my family history, no guarantee that I will see 60...and I am want to treat myself here...and I have that parental gift that should be used as "I" see fit.
    So, tomorrow at this time, I might be the owner, or be in contract, for a white 2014 Ford Escape SE. I would not take the vehicle home till the end of the week, as there are things to swap out of it and insurance to have swapped. I never take a vehicle home the same night...ever! Need for them to make sure the alignment is straight and true also. Also need to move the funds out of one account and put in another so I can pay them. Will also check out financing of a small portion of it if the rates are great as we have top tier credit, owe no one except current bills right now.
    Maybe I am nuts here, maybe I am. We shall see!!!

The crazy Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

• Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If the trade in price on the Civic is based on the alloys on the car, why would you think you could swap them out for the steel wheels without an adjustment on your allowance.
  • Options
    My sales guy told me that they like their vehicles to be "stock' and even he said that if I took off the alloys, he didn't see a problem. Of course, I would make sure we're all on the same page here about them as I am honest and fair above all. I believe that these are two of the most important attributes a person can possess so if we get to that point, I will let the "decider" know before we shake on the deal. Of course if he wants the alloys to stay, he can have them all, even the original steelies and bolt on hubcaps but I think he won't care either way since the alloys came from a '05 Civic SI...they are not the same as the '06 to '09 EX alloys. They make the vehicle look great but I think he'll want the vehicle stock again. If it goes on their used lot, it's gonna need the back bumper cover replaced due to the marks from the garage hitting it...but I think they will repair it and put it out there. Ask $10k for it and maybe they will sell it but bet they'd settle for $8500 after all is said and done as after repairing that bumper cover, it needs absolutely nothing. We shall see here.
    And if we can't make a deal, I'm cool with that to...I can wait and not feel deprived one bit here. We will see tomorrow. If they will accept the $16.7k number, it's history!

The Sandman

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,367
    Best of luck!!!
    I may yet spend Black Friday looking at a couple of cars...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,679
    The 2015 Mustang (new model) will be revealed on December 5th. You could buy a GT convertible and if your wife didn't like it I'd let you park it in my driveway.

I'd even drive it around for you so the tires wouldn't get flat spots. :)

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    Yes, good luck and if this is meant to be, it'll happen. I believe that G-d will let this happen if it's meant to be and if not, I can walk away knowing I gave it my best shot and will go on to the next one. Be it tomorrow, next week, next year...whenever, I am a patient guy and won't buy anything I am not comfortable with driveability wise or financially wise. I've worked too hard to do something stupid now and the best thing here is that I don't need to do this. One can really do stupid stuff when there's so much pressure because there's no other transportation available but that's not the case here. I have a perfectly good vehicle which I do like, not love anymore...and am happy if it stays for the time being, that's cool to. But if all the numbers work tomorrow and I get that certain "yeah, let's do this feeling" inside, I will put a deposit down with my credit card. I have my amazon visa I plan to put it on and they will let me do $5k which is o k...another place had said $8k which I liked better because I am not sure if I will finance part or not...depending on the rate I can get. might finance part for a short time if the numbers all come together as I hate to sell some of my good assets right now. Financing $10k would work for me so we'll see. We financed part of my kids Versa to take advantage of a certain rebate and then paid it off early so our total finance charge wasn't too bad at all. Sometimes one must spend a little to get a little in this world.
    Hopefully I will sleep well tonight...it'll be a good sign if I do actually as right now, I am good with this decision...I am really good!

The Sandman

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,439
    Good luck tomorrow my man! Let us know what goes down!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Member Posts: 2,345
    might finance part for a short time if the numbers all come together as I hate to sell some of my good assets right now.

Keep in mind that 'short' term loans (and long of course..both) are an amortized schedule. It is unlikely to come out ahead, if you plan to pay it back in the shorterm cuz next to zero gets applied on the principle for the first year+.
    So if you have the same funds in an interest bank acct or even a GIC..(depending on premature cash-out penalty if GIC) I'd use those before going for the loan. Even with great credit, it's unlikely to get a cheap loan on a used car that is not manufacturer initiated. Even in those cases..cash discounts (if you have those negotiating skills) usually rule out 0% if the purchaser has the money in the bank to pay cash and drive away.

Good luck..and don't get too fussed about it "maybe not still being there" cuz of Black Friday. They are not giving that thing away given the price you mentioned unless it's the AWD 2.0 version which is unlikely in FL.
  • Options
    So you're sayin' this is a bad price then. Considering the price of the package, I think it's priced pretty fairly here. But I still feel that they should take my offer at $16.7 and call it a day. They move another unit and I get a nice vehicle I can keep for many years. Have set the alarm for 6 a m and will get up if not too tired...don't think there'll be a lot of folks car shopping on Black Friday like there was at Target and Walmart earlier. And if it is gone, then it wasn't meant to be. Showed it to my oldest kid earlier and she liked it but she's been in my corner the whole time and has said to do what I want. She said it's a bit big but she's used to a Versa hatch so anything is big to her. But just wanted to get her gut reaction which was positive...I know her mom's will be just the opposite. But that's another story!

The Sandman

• Options
    crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Member Posts: 2,345
    Well..I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a bad price, per se, but mainly I wanted to not have you go in there with too much enthusiasm cuz they can sense that pretty easy and may hold their grd on giving up the dealer fee. Personally, I think your expectation of them giving it up is not unrealistic at all. Did you confirm if it is the 1.6 or 2.0? The 1.6 does not have as good a rep as the 2.0, so weigh that in too. It might even be why it is there if it is the 1.6...

I know this is a benchmark purchase, and been a while coming, but just don't let all that show to them.
  • Options
    Understood...and thanks. Right now, I am not going to do a thing...I woke up with lingering doubts so why do something until I am 100% here. At this moment, I will wait and take a "cooling off" period!

The Sandman

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    edited November 2013
    Often times, with me, I note that if I "sleep on it", I have doubts the next morning. As the day goes on though, I usually go back to what I initially proposed doing. (Maybe this is a characteristic of a carnut.)

A caveat, if you end up going with your initial urges to buy, remember, the dealership may have certain fees or add-ons up their sleeves to insert in the deal. So, don't get caught.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,367
    Often times, with me, I note that if I "sleep on it", I have doubts the next morning. As the day goes on though, I usually go back to what I initially proposed doing. (Maybe this is a characteristic of a carnut.)

That often happens to me as well- and I usually succumb to the Gearhead Demon and buy whatever I was considering...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2013
    Sensing a trend here. Occasionally regret will set in but there's always another car or other gizmo to buy if sleeping on it kills the deal you almost pulled the trigger on.

Hardly ever regret pulling the trigger either though.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Called into work so might stop afterwards. The price is still too high...want to pay my car, $16.2k plus tt&l. They want $17.2k. We are too far apart right now!
    Is my price realistic here? They just called...told internet lady we are $1000.00 apart...I will do it for $16k or a little more. Don't want to waste anymore time here! Do $16k, I will buy tonight!

The Sandman :) :sick:

• Options
    edited November 2013
    SM, be prepared for that common dealer reply, "will you compromise and split the difference....$16.7k ?"

Don't know how they're working things now in Fl. with your license, but where I now live, I always try to take advantage of the end of the month sale price, but delay a day or two till the first of the following month. They still tend to work it like the end of the month deal, but I get a full 12 months service out of our (expensive) license plate compared to 11 mos. if I had taken delivery on the last day of the month.
  • Options
    Have nixed the Escape idea, pretty crazy really on my part. Was supposed to go in yesterday to complete the deal but of course, work called and kept me out from 9:30 till 10 p m...they closed at 9. They called me a few times, saldes guy and internet lady and I told them we're too far apart and that I am working. Said "give it to me for $16k, my car plus tt&l plus the Black Friday tablet and I'd come in. Meanwhile, I'm texting the wife while in the chase van and she basically tells me "I'm nuts" to do this. Spoke with some co-workers and heard some positive, and negative things about the 1.6 liter turbo and the vehicle in general and decided, hey, if I get a small ute, I want a foreign one. Decided right then and there...no Ford Escape!
    They call me back...get here by 9 and we accept your offer, but this is "a one day only deal"! Since I hate ultimatums in any way, shape or form I let them stew a couple of hours. Finally tell them the wife won't drive it, which is true, and I do prefer a sedan for us, right now...I prefer the Verano so sorry. And hey, if the deal is good "yesterday", it should be good "today"! I just hate ultimatums like that and it pushes me in the other direction every time. So as of now, no new vehicle yet. No calls either on the Civic so I will go look at the Rogue, the Outlander SE and some Subaru's and see what feels most comfortable here, as I really want to sell the Civic first if possible and then buy.
    Am I "nuts" here...don't think so. After sleeping on the Escape, I didn't "love it" so much anymore to be honest but if they came back at anything under $16k for it, I might have jumped but am sure there are smaller ute's out there and I will find one. And trust me, it's raining here today, I bet that escape is still on the lot right now. And if not...it wasn't meant to be!

The Happy Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    2014 Mercedes CLS 550. MSRP was $82,355, paid $70,250 +tax, title and $600 dealer fee. The devil made me do it yet again! I need to go to church more often to get protection from that monster from Hades.

They gave me $50,000 for my 2014 E 350 (paid $57,890 for it this past April).

Color is Palladium Silver (light gray), black premium leather interior with accented gray stitching, walnut wood, Premium Package (includes full LED headlights with adaptive controlled cornering lamps and full LED daytime running lights) PARKTRONIC self parking and front and rear sensors, 19" AMG wheel package, wheel locks, rear spoiler, air-suspension system, power contour driver 'a seat with massage functions, lane tracking and blind spot monitoring system, fold-down rear seats, rear power sunscreen and side window sunscreens, air-cooled front seats, adaptive ride control, to name a few.

Definitely more of a stable and S Class ride. It has a bi-turbo V8 402 hp engine with 460 lb ft of torque - really moves - 0-60 on about 4.9 seconds.

Sound system (Harman-Karmin 640 watt 14 speaker system w logic 7 surround sound) is truly awesome.

Mark me down for 2 this year.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    Mike, you are a madman. But sounds like one heck of a car.

of course, last week when you mentioned looking at one, I thought you didn't care for it. But, what do I know?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,176
    Insane! Congrats. MB is really in a sales race. You're helping them to victory :)
  • Options
    gouldngouldn Member Posts: 220
    Wow, that's a nice car! I was at a MB dealership (story below) myself today and that was a real looker
  • Options
    Congratulations! Mazel-Tov & Happy Hanukkah Mike! The CLS is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    You did well, fellow carnut, very well. Good luck!
  • Options
    corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,268
    I updated the punch list. Sounds like you got a great deal! If they keep making you offers you can't refuse, you'll be up to an S-class in no time!
  • Options
    Add one...FOR ME!!!

• Options
    Ain't the Buick Verano folks. Can anyone guess???

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I wish you well.

Be aware of a couple of things.

Those alloys add zero value to your car and probably won't bring much of anything on Craigslist. Your salesperson was correct. Shoppers prefer the stock look. Window tinting for example makes used cars saleproof except in very hot climates.

They will push you HARD to take delivery the day you do the deal. Your insurance automatically rolls over and they won't care if they have to wait a couple of days to get funded.

The reason is, until a car is physically delivered and actually "rolls" the customer can reneg and unwind the deal which will happen in at least 50% of cases.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Hyundai Tuscan is my guess.

• Options
    You are correct sir...the new '14 SE version in silver. Got my power seat so I am happy but mentally exhausted so am going to bed...have to bring them a lot of cash tomorrow! It's a nice little ute but will miss my old beloved Civic but our time to part has come now.

The Sandman

• Options
    almost got a post in. Darn.

short version: Looking forward to details. I assume you traded Civic. You deserved it, and really should be looking out for your back, and I know from experience that a low-slung small car + a bad back = problems!

• Options
    a co-worker of my SIL. Her old car died (blew a gasket it seems) and she needed something this weekend (I got the help request on Thanksgiving day). she mentioned looking at an Elantra, and an Altima. But cheap lease price seemed to be high on the list.

I shot her an email back with my thoughts on them (and a few other suggestions of course) and ballpark of what I had seen as advertised leases. Also gave her some advice on how to attack the search.

got a note back late Saturday that she got a deal done. Turns out she did not like the Altima (seats?) but did like the Elantra. So she did what I suggested (hit all the local dealers to haggle the best deal, though I have no idea how much haggling went on, vs. just asking for their best price!). Then she went back to her close by dealer, asked them to match the low offer, which they did. Could she have gotten lower? Maybe, but these manufacturer lease deals are pretty skinny to start with, and after 5 dealers, what could possibly be on the table, $10/mo?

didn't get any of the terms (did not ask) but did learn that it is red!

• Options
    2 punches today by 2 posters who DESERVE their new rides! Congrats & Mazel-Tov to Mike & Sandy! They don't live too far from each other either;)

• Options
    nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    but I just traded the 2012 Yaris after leasing it for less than two years, took a bath, first and last time I will ever lease but I just couldn't bear to keep paying hard-earned cash for a car I liked so little.

Purchased this time, picked up a Sunburst orange Civic SI, sticker was $23,505, got it for $19,377 + taxes/fees was a shade under $22K (CA taxes and fees are way too big) OTD. Got the 0.9% financing from Honda.

Absolutely LOVE this car, have put almost 1000 miles on it in the first week, hope this one is finally my ticket on the train out of CCB-land. ;-)

And on a related note, I am down to only two cars in the driveway (would never part with my Soob), and for the first time in a quarter century don't own a single Toyota. Not sure when or if I will ever be going back to Yota, they just utterly fail to inspire or even to design and build the cars well these days.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• Options
    2 punches today by 2 posters who DESERVE their new rides! Congrats & Mazel-Tov to Mike & Sandy! They don't live too far from each other either;)

Thanks, Brad. There are just times when people you know in the car business make you an offer you just can't refuse. This was one of those times. When they are willing to give up their hold-back, sell you a car at dead invoice, coupled with a USAA $3500 voucher, it becomes a once in a lifetime experience.

Car handles and rides like no other car I have ever owned. Power is awesome. Fit and finish are flawless. Has a heavier feel and every option and convenience imaginable. Dad have me $5000 toward the car as a Hanukkah gift.

Thanks again everyone for the well-wishes.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    Is there a link to the punch list that I missed?
    Congrats to new owners \ leasers !
    - Ray
    No punch this long weekend ...
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    Congratulations! What year is the Civic Si?
  • Options
    It's a Google document. Send me an email through my profile (I think my email is visible there) and I'll share the document with you.
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    Says it is 'Private'.
    No big deal - just curious...
    - Ray
    Probably not in the running
    for the grand prize....
    [ an official CCBA bumber sticker?
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,411
    corvette, in the past, i've just cut/pasted the punch list into a post in this forum for all to see.

We are at 29 for the year - for comparison, there were 25 documented punches for 2012.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    One every other day and my guess is starting to look good! ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Add one...FOR ME!!!

Congratulations, Sandy. I read over all your posts for the past week or so, and it sounds like (reads like) you did your homework and carefully checked all the variables prior to your purchase.

If I did it the way you did, I'd probably never have bought another car. It's the "spur of the moment" excitement that grabs me by my hair (and my wallet) to my Mercedes Benz Dealer. Definitely need to see a psychiatrist after this one.

Enjoy the new wheels - hopefully we can get together for coffee stop at a local Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts (prefer the latter, between you and me) and compare notes.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,176
    Congrats. Pics please!
  • Options
    Enjoy the new ride, happy motoring.
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,679
    All these cars bought and I couldn't congratulate anyone because the site was glitchy. I really like the contrast between Sandy's all over the map approach and Mike's "as long as I'm here" buying strategy.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You could congratulate me for not trading in my 2010 Prius for a 2013 Mazda5 Grand Touring. Got a super price on the van -- then took a test drive. It was a bit underwhelming for my wife and I --- the Prius rode better and was roomier ln the front seats. When we returned the appraisal sealed the non-deal. Figured KBB at 16500 but that was 3k too high. If I had known it was only worth 13k in trade I wouldn't have even bothered to contemplate a deal. Sales rep was fine -- once we realized I was in la-la land, shook hands and left.

Congrats to all you new owners -- inspiring -- even more so since it isn't my money,[wink !]
  • Options
    Not sure how much will get through since the site has been so wonkey lately. Yes, I was "all over the map" basically but I knew I had to have a power drivers seat no matter what...without that, there was no real need to purchase at this time and swapping out the head unit would've been the correct course of action. More to come later folks.
    One quick question though. Since I bought, the wife is getting a bit, shall we say...jealous now! So,if she also purchases, does that count for our grand total as I will be involved in some of the process. Only seems fair that it does since it is "my stable"...I can see if one of my kids got one that it wouldn't count but the wife getting one? This is in that "gray area" that I love so much so who gets to decide the answer here??? Me, a few of us, the hosts? Curious to know the answer here because I gotta good hunch that we'll have a complete new lineup in my garage come December 31st!

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Since my guess needs a few more hits, of course another purchase in your stable will count LOL.

Congrats on the new ride - I think you'll be a lot happier with the slide in height on this one (or at least your back will).
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,411
    So,if she also purchases, does that count for our grand total as I will be involved in some of the process. Only seems fair that it does since it is "my stable"...I can see if one of my kids got one that it wouldn't count but the wife getting one? This is in that "gray area" that I love so much so who gets to decide the answer here??? Me, a few of us, the hosts? Curious to know the answer here because I gotta good hunch that we'll have a complete new lineup in my garage come December 31st!

Since I'm the one who first starting tracking 'punches' as well as instituting the 'punch guess list', I'll outline what does and does not count.

If the punch is for someone who lives at your house, then it counts. Earlier this year, kyfdx got a BMW X3 for his wife, and it's on the list.

However, if my son in CA gets a new car, it doesn't count as he doesn't live at my address.

Think about the punches breld has had this year trying to find the right car for his step-daughter.

BTW, congrats on the punch. What color did you get?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4