Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    Yes I believe that is correct. The only package above the XLE is the Navi.
  • tidewatertidewater Member Posts: 69
    I'm looking to buy a XLE 4, possibly with Navi if its reasonably available. I am not in a great rush, and thought it might make sense to wait a few months if the initial actual prices paid are quite a bit more in the first month than in future months. 2006 Camry XLE's have generally available for about $1,000 below invoice. Hence, I would not be too excited about paying a price close to MSRP on the 2007.

Would anyone have any thoughts on this subject?
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    Is traction control and skid control standard on the '07 XLE V-6? I thought I saw them listed as options. I might be wrong.
    Depending on the sizzle it might be end of the year.. christmas time... that's always a good time.. or earlier but $1000 under, that's only for end of generation pricing.. 4-5 years from now.
    nearly positive they are std on all V6's.. check on Toyota's website .. pressroom
  • littlejohn600littlejohn600 Member Posts: 80
    Prices do NOT include freight or DOC fees.
    Note that some dealers may ask for $500 or more for documentation. And this is mostly profit. In Maryland, the dealers have established a maximum DOC fee of $100.
  • toyodlrtoyodlr Member Posts: 12
    Stability Control, Smart Key, Heated Seats, and Navigation are the only FACTORY Options on the XLE V-6.
  • toyodlrtoyodlr Member Posts: 12
    True car pricing- Our inventory was updated last night with pricing on the actual car. Keep in mind this is in the Southeast with our admin fee in this price.

LE 4 Cyl Auto with Carpet Mats:
    MSRP $21,357
    Invoice $19,801

LE 4 cyl Auto with JBL Stereo, Alloy Wheels, Sunroof, Carpet Mats, and Vehicle Stability
    MSRP $24,357
    Invoice $22,151

XLE V-6 with Smart Key, Heated Seats, Vehicle Stability, and Carpet Mats
    MSRP $29,917
    Invoice $27,363
  • tonnyjiatonnyjia Member Posts: 7
    Does this price include the Destination charge?
    Thanks
  • hawks1hawks1 Member Posts: 57
    I'm basically in the same quandry as you are. I currently own an '02 4-cyl XLE (great car) and thought seriously about buying the new '07 4-cyl XLE. However, after reading numerous reviews on the '07 and discovering there are no changes to the current 4-cyl, I think I'm going to reconsider and look again at the '06 XLE's. One should be able to make some great buys on the remaining '06's. Anyway, I'm very leary of a first production year run of a change over model with all the inherent bugs. But more importantly, I'm less than impressed with the new '07's, particularly the 4-cylinder. Also, I personally don't care for the rear treatment of the new '07 and also the fact that they've reduced the trunk volume by a whopping 10% - what were they thinking!!
  • newcarholicnewcarholic Member Posts: 16
    Is VSC a factory option or is it something that can be installed at a dealer?
    I'm considering '07CE auto with VSC, and I wonder whether how available this will be.

Last year I bought a car for my wife, a lot of options are packaged together so that I could either get no option or almost everything (just like the 2nd LE you posted here). I ended up getting one with lots of optional stuff, and this time i want to get one with no extra stuff.

also, if this VSC thing is the best thing since sliced bread, then how come this is not a standard?
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    I'm a bit confused. If you like the 4 in the XLE '02, why is it a problem that the engine in the '07 is largely carried over? I would recommend that you at least drive the '07 first; the changes made to the 4 DID include reducing noise, vibration, and harshness, and also note that your '02 is rated at 157 horses, but that rating was before the SAE certification.

The engine in yours, under the new rating system, would probably be making about 151 or 152 horses. The '07 does make 158 horses, SAE certified. Compared to your '02, the '07 also has a 5 speed automatic, and in the 5A 4 cylinders that I've driven compared to my mom's 4A 4 cylinder (also an '02), I've found it *feels* sprightlier.

Personally, I found the interior of the '07 more attractive than the '02 as well, and the Optitron guages are crisper and richer looking than in the '02 to boot.

As a final point, I too was disappointed that the '07 didnt receive more substantial power upgrades to the 2.4L. In fact, I expected that VVTi was going to be on both the intake and exhaust sides, but that was not to be. Which makes me wonder.... this might be a mid-model cycle addition, once the Accord and Altima are redesigned.

~alpha
  • era174era174 Member Posts: 67
    http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060224/AUTO01/602240391/1148- - - -

Standard 7 airbags, tire pressure monitor, mp3/aux..

Still CE and LE manual MSRP dropped. Wow.

CE manual : $18,270 ($175, 0.9% down)

LE manual : $19,450 ($95, 0.5% down)

LE auto : $20,500 ($125, 0.6% up)

SE manual : $20,790 ($415, 2% up)

XLE : $24,425 ($1,630, 7.2% up / moonroof added)

XLE V6: $27,250 ($1,715, 6.6% up)
  • tuffytuffy Member Posts: 63
    I thought all the leather seats on the Camry XLE-V6 came heated. I also thought the smart key was standard also on the XLE-V6. Isn't VCS an option?
    The XLE actually added moonroof AND alloys (in addition to SAB/SAC which all Camrys added).

The percentages shown are pure price comparison and do not account for addition of equipment or deletion of equipment in some cases (like alloys on the LE V6, from my understanding).

Prices for some typically equipped models, including destination, in NON-SET states.

CE 4 5M plus floormats: $19,049
    CE 4 5A plus floormats: $20,099
    LE 4 5A plus floormats: $21,279
    LE 4 5A plus floormats and power moonroof: $22,219
    LE V6 6A plus floormats, power moonroof: $24,759
    SE 4 5A plus floormats, power moonroof, rear spoiler: $23,709
    SE 4 5M plus floormats, power moonroof, rear spoiler: $22,709
    SE V6 6A plus floormats, power moonroof, rear spoiler: $26,234
    SE V6 6A plus floormats, power moonroof, leather, JBL, rear spoiler, autodimming rearview mirror: $28,809
    XLE 4 5A plus floormats and leather: $26,254
    XLE V6 6A plus floormats, SmartKey, NAV: $29,949

I do wonder if VSC is indeed standard on V6 models... this might be a post Jan 9th Press Release change.

~alpha
    SmartKey is definitely not standard on XLE V6. Not sure if heated seats are standard or not, and the same thing goes for VSC... it may be standard on V6s, this isnt clear yet.

The specs in the Jan 09 press release were termed "preliminary".

~alpha
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    "Is VSC a factory option or is it something that can be installed at a dealer?"

VSC cannot be added by the dealer or anyone else.
  • moeharrimoeharri Member Posts: 108
    Does anyone know positvely what color the wood will be in the XLE? Is it only going to be the yellow wood or will they offer a darker wood? Knowing this would help me narrow down my decision (currently considering LE, SE, and XLE). Thanks!
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    VSC is optional on all trim levels. A "fully loaded" V6 XLE with the following factory options: VSC, Smart key, Heated seats, Navigation and carpet/trunk mat set. Option codes: VS, SK, HD, NV, CF is $31,039.00 including $580.00 destination charge. Price is for CAT region.
    :shades:
    Mackabee
    Which makes me wonder.... this might be a mid-model cycle addition, once the Accord and Altima are redesigned

This is very spot on. Often ( always? ) Toyota leaves some room for a mid cycle update. If they shot all their cannons in one volley they'd have nothing left for the next 5 years..

This year is the year of the V6
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Strange they give you standard "unheated" leather seats, then you have to pay extra for heat even on the top model.
    Hi, Mackabee: What's the CAT region?
    Yes we have a similar situation. I drive a 2000 Camry LE now. Regarding engine, my 2000 4 Cyl is rated at 133 hp I believe. I greatly look forward to some more power. But I can appreciate some great benefits of 4 cyl including mileage, diving 500 - 550 miles between refills is important to me, I feel a perhaps bit safer in a lower powered car. I figure driving the V6 might cost say $600 to $800 extra per year in payments, gas & insurance.

I like the 2007 styling to be sure -- especially the interior! :D However, I don't care for the front end of the 2007. Would have preferred extra trunk room to reclining rear seats on XLE.

The big question in my mind is pricing between 2006 and 2007 models. 2006 XLE can be bought for $1000 below invoice. Perhaps 2007 XLS may cost close to MSRP (at least initially), but I guess only time and the market will tell. Therefore, I will be watching with great interest as to prices actually paid on 2007's.

I am still wondering how available navigation will be, or if I should just stick with my existing Garmin Street Pilot III. Also looking forward to Satellite Radio and MP3!
    According to Mackabee, the price of a loaded XLE V-6 will be slighly over $31,000. Assuming for a long time people will be basically paying sticker for this new model, you could pick up an Acura TL, which is entry luxury, with probably even more features and a nicer interior for about $1,500 more. (They're dealin' on the TL). That is, if you don't mind a real firm ride and real firm seats and don't require Preparation H.
  • toyota07toyota07 Member Posts: 12
    mackabee,

I put a $500 deposit on a Blue "fully loaded" V6 XLE with the following factory options: VSC, Smart key, Heated seats, Navigation and carpet/trunk mat set. My salesman called me today and said it’s $31,039.00 including $580.00 destination charge. He expects to get the car in late March. I live in the Chicago region and wondering what do I expect to realistically pay. I know I won’t get a good deal since I am in a hurry but don’t want to pay the full MSRP ($31,039.00). What's the lowest price I can pay and he'll accept.

Any advice will be appreciated and thanks in advance

toyota99

Just curious. Do you think people will have to pay close to 'sticker'(MSRP) all year? I am used to Camry's being sold based on invoice price, not MSRP.
    I really doubt "all year."
    It will be until production is at full capacity and dealers are well stocked.

When a new car is introduced several things happen,

There is a pent up demand from people who delayed purchasing so they could see the new model.
    There is more interest in the new model in general.
    The initial production is usually at a slow pace (probably to find and fix production problems). This often leads to each dealership getting just a few cars in the first shipment.

Combine all these things and then go out and try to buy the car while the supply is low and interest is high and you will end up paying much more than you will after the supply chain has had a chance to be filled.
    Just curious. Do you think people will have to pay close to 'sticker'(MSRP) all year? I am used to Camry's being sold based on invoice price, not MSRP.

Often the initial months are at or near sticker. 6-12 months later somewhat lower. Invoice sales depends a lot on the acceptance and a lot of other conditions not related to the Camry at all. If the market loves this vehicle like it did the Sienna it might be late '06 before the prices start to come down. However the Sienna was never slated to sell 450K units annually either. I am fairly certain with this new look and the increase in standard features, the new V6, the sport handling if it really is different and then the Hybrid the potential for 'holding the sizzle' - and therefore the prices - is pretty good for most of 2006.
    This is not a relatively low production Sienna.
    If they can sell 450K Camrys a year at near sticker, maybe you should buy Toyota stock instead of the Camry.
    Thanks for that input. That sounds like a very insightful analysis on supply vs. demand. From your comments, I think perhaps in month 3 to 5 of production, demand and supply reach more of an equilibrium. I am wondering when pricing might settle down somewhat. Also with a '2007' model year, it would seem like quite a long year until the 2008 becomes available -- maybe a good 1 1/2 years.
    Thanks kdh -- Its great to hear from yourself and the other professionals on board.

2007 Camry definitely a very exciting car. With the 2007 Camry I feel as thought I am getting an Avalon or Lexus at Camry prices. With various new aspects of the 2007 Camry, maybe it will do well like the new Avalon model. Or -- on the other hand, if Camry prices are going to be high, maybe I should just buy an Avalon instead. :D
    Do own Toyota stock. ;)

that wasnt what I was saying. I was actually saying the opposite... but I wasnt clear I guess. The Camry's are slated to sell in the 450K range while the Sienna's in the mid 100K range. With that great a difference in volume the Camry has to be more agressive in price, the Sienna could afford to hold on to MSRP somewhat longer.

The Camry is the heart of Toyota USA. Everything revolves around it. The market will speak and one way or another Toyota will respond to keep Camry #1.
    If the selling price wasn't made clear when you left the deposit I would contact your salesperson and straighten it out. Otherwise it would seem logical to me that a deal was made at MSRP.
    Mackabee
    Although nothing is set in stone, the market will determine the price. That being said, the alignment of your lucky stars, the moon, mars and other factors will come into play. It's hard to predict. You may run into a dealership that has not met their objective and they will give one away at $xxx over invoice or hold to MSRP. There is really no way to know until you hit the pavement and are ready to buy. Case in point. Prius was hotter than the proverbial pancakes in the middle of August when gas prices maxed out. Today I have 6 sitting on the lot. I sold one at $500.00 over invoice to a former employee of ours out of professional courtesy. One of my colleagues sold one at invoice after a grueling 3 hour negotiating session. Reason being we are stuck with nothing but Barcelona red and it's getting close to month's end close. The deals are out there if you look for them and work them. As spyder said, Camry is our bread and butter car and to sell 450k per year requires aggressive pricing by the dealers. As I like to say "They are not museum pieces" the factory will make more.
    ;)
    Mackabee
    And they aren't like wine... they don't get better with age. ;)
  • giantkillergiantkiller Member Posts: 273
    I have a question for your KDH. Obviously Toyota's have so much HO-HUM factor. How do keep prospective buyers from falling asleep while test driving? I have a sleeping disorder, do you think driving a Toyota will help? If I ever buy a Toyota , is it advisable to put a sticker behind the car that says, " Dont Follow Me I Might Fall Asleep"? How soon will Toyota offer a coffemaker as a standard?
  • littlejohn600littlejohn600 Member Posts: 80
    One dealer posted the following prices:
    MSRP=$31,263
    Invoice=$28,112
    Extra Cost Options:
    CF1 - CARPET/CARGO MAT SET
    DK - OWNERS PORTFOLIO
    FE - 50 STATE EMISSION REQUIREMENT
    HD - HEATED DRIVER/PASS FRT SEATS
    NV - NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    SK - SMART KEY SYSTEM
    V2 - VIP GLASS BREAKAGE SENSOR
    VS - VEH STABILITY/TRACTION CONTROL
    WL - WHEEL LOCKS
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    You may be able to get an Avalon at a good price. One dealership had 25 units in stock. They are just sitting on the lots and one dealer is offering $3,000 off. I have a feeling that the new Camry may begin to cannibalize sales, especially given the better powertrain in the new Camry V-6s.

If you prefer the new Camry, I would just wait a month or so. These are the bread and butter vehicles, so supply and demand should be balanced. The dealers close to me claim that they should be "available" by March 7. I plan waiting until May to see what pricing is being offered. If the Honda Accord is cheaper (I have a feeling that Honda will be offering some incentives), then I'll go with the Accord.

Lastly, some people mentioned paying full MSRP for the Sienna. If I read these statements correctly (its really early here in CA), this is not the case. LEs start below $22k. On the higher lines, discounts of $4k to $5k off of the MSRP are common.
    'troll ignored' button engaged.. See your regional Toyota dealer in the Gulf States region for explanation.
    Lastly, some people mentioned paying full MSRP for the Sienna. If I read these statements correctly (its really early here in CA), this is not the case.

The Sienna at MSRP comments pertained only to the 2003 launch when this new model came out. They were so hot there was a 6-12 week waiting list for the first 10 months. Supply only caught up with demand around Christmas of 2003.
    CAT: Central Atlantic Toyota.
    Mackabee
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Ok, thanks for the clarification. Prospective buyers should review the interesting USA Today Article from James R. Healey. He noted that the test car (a preproduction unit), the 6 speed automatic, had "a glitch in the powertrain" and he noted an issue involving the tranny. This is the same reporter that identified a tranny issue with the then new Avalon. Of bigger issue may be his complaint about handling. His other issues about the mpg meter and the size of the vehicle being smaller inside than the 2006, are too nit picky for me.
    He also "identified" a tranny issue with the previous generation Camry XLE V6 which was due to a software problem and was corrected by "reflashing" the ECM or ECU. I still maintain there is nothing wrong with the Avalon's transmission and it's part of the VVT-I system. I personally have not noticed anything unusual about the Avalon's tranny. But back to the Camry. I think it will be another HOME RUN for Toyota.
    :shades:
    Mackabee
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    Friday's USA Today gave a somewhat lukewarm review of the 2007 Camry LE V6. The reviewer had plenty of positives things to say, but three negatives stood out:

1. Strong torque steer
    2. Transmission shifting wasn't crisp
    3. Heater went from too hot to too cold.

He was careful to take into account that his test car was a pre-production model. Still, he thought any earlier buyers ought to make sure these problems were resolved.
    Too bad about the transmisson design problem again.
    I assume the heater problem will be fixed in production models.
    Torque steer is to be expected with all that power and front wheel drive.
    Doesn't the Lexus GS300/430 have basically the same 6-speed transmission that will be on the Camry? Haven't heard any complaints from these owners about tranny problems.
    I will form my own opinion about this transmission question because it was the V6 + 5spd tranny that causes concern with Avy owners.

This is all new: V6 with 6 spd and ( according to Toyota ) half-second quicker shifts.

Also the Avy problem was one of 'searching'. In a week or two I'll see for myself.
  • clipper1clipper1 Member Posts: 70
    Just received email quoting a 2007 Camry XLE V6 (no Nav):

$29,076 MSRP

Southeast Toyota add ons.
  • clipper1clipper1 Member Posts: 70
    AND oh yes.... the quote above is for a Japan VIN
  • houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    Looks like the pricing on these two will overlap some. You can pick up a top line Avy for around 30K. Just have to try then both and decide.

Someone earlier mentioned that, with the new Camry, you were getting a luxury car similar to the TL and Avalon at Camry prices. Looks to me that you are getting a Camry at luxury car prices!!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460