Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I already posted earlier that they were not mine and you are not supposed to point people to other automotive forums, so I didn't mention that forum.
    The URLs in the links I posted very clearly show the origin of the pictures.
  • Options
    greencalgreencal Member Posts: 18
    1. Like to know best price for LE V6 2007 in Orange County California Area.

2. Any suggestion on Extended warranty and price.

3. Any suggested on 3rd party Navigation system.

Thanks.
    Green cal
  • Options
    njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    1. Email the dealers in your area.

2. Read this forum from the start or use the search function.

3. Read this forum from the start or use the search function.
  • Options
    tidewatertidewater Member Posts: 69
    Could you confirm interior color. Is the interior of your 2007 Camry pics Bisque or Ash (shown on toyotanation). I am really have difficulty telling the difference.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    waynethepainwaynethepain Member Posts: 31
    Try Costco. I bought mine tonight -- XLE V6 everything except navigation and traction control & butt warmers. MSRP 28,665 --- walked in and was quoted 26,050. Decent deal with no hassle -- dealer gave full blue book on the trade in as well. First ever "no haggle" buying service and definitely will do again. Sure others might get a lower deal -- but I was completely satisfied for how easy it was. Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    toyocam07toyocam07 Member Posts: 5
    hello toyota lovers!!!!

i got something to asked!! i just closed a deal on a camry 07 XLE with leather. the sticker was 27300 but i paid only 25100 is that a good deal????
  • Options
    littlejohn600littlejohn600 Member Posts: 80
    Go to beltwaytoyota.com
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    It's too late to worry about whether it is a good deal after the fact, but if $27300 was the factory sticker without dealer add-ons and you didn't have a trade or got a good trade-in value on the old car and didn't overpay for dealer financing or anything else not mentioned, it sounds like a very good price based on what your are saying especially so soon after the car's debut.
  • Options
    fsowirlesfsowirles Member Posts: 195
    Fitzmall.com = $600 over invoice. :D
  • Options
    tuffytuffy Member Posts: 63
    It sounds like you got a great deal on the price since the car has just been out several weeks. Most dealers in the Washington DC area are only taking a couple of hundred dollars off the stickher price and you got $2200 off.

What color did you get and what brand of tires came on your Camry, Michelins Hi Energy or Bridgestone Turanza. Thank goodness Toyota canned the Bridgestone Potenzas which were horrible and had a tread rating of only 140.

Be sure and write back occasionally to let eveyone know how you like your new Camry. Is this your first Camry! I am on my second one now (99 LE 4 banger and a 2005 XLE 4 banger)and my wife and I love them. Great mileage, high 20s in town, high 30s to low 40s (MPG) on the highway, extremely quiet and reliable.
  • Options
    Check out Beltway Toyota and Miller Toyota. Two great dealerships with excellent service and top notch deals!
  • Options
    I just downloaded a new Ebrochure from toyota.com for my zip code 98422 and found that they have added other option packages for all the models in my area.

Ebrochure for my area is now 20 pages.
  • Options
    lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    Thanks for the heads-up on the new options list available in the Pacific Northwest.

It looked this region wouldn't be offering VSC without a package that included a moon roof, a no-go for me. Now LE-V6 is offered with 1 pkg that includes VSC & alloy wheels.
  • Options
    ix1is1ix1is1 Member Posts: 55
    I think that's because they don't have the correct invoice price, it higher than it's suppose to be.
  • Options
    kmalveakmalvea Member Posts: 9
    I any owner on this site could post some night shots of the camry 07 interior I would be really thankful,
    other then the one which has already been posted.
    -Malvea
  • Options
    bobsalembobsalem Member Posts: 12
    All, hello. I have been a member of Edmunds for at least 5 years under different screen names that i have since forgot. I own a White 99 Camry V6 that I love. It has been a great car and is still running excellent at 110,000 miles. I am really excited about the new 07. Probably too excited considering that i will not even be buying one until fall o7 when i return from being stationed in Germany. But like most of us here, i am hungry for any and all information about the 07's. I am especially since i don't get to see them. Since i am deployed to Kuwait and they don't carry Camry in Germany. So PLEASE new owners post your reviews. Thank you. Have a great day. Bob :)
  • Options
    mitchjavmitchjav Member Posts: 15
    2007 Toyota XLE V6

FE (Emissions)
    CF (Floor Mats)
    HD (Heated Seats)
    VS (Stability Control)
    SK (Entry System)
    NV (Navigation)

MSRP = $31,026

Offer is $29,500

Thanks,
    Mitch
  • Options
    Some pics: 2007 XLE V6
  • Options
    Thank you but my military network blocked the site.
  • Options
    pickles077pickles077 Member Posts: 30
    I drove two different vehicles, both from Japan. The one with a sun-roof had a noise with the shade; the sun-roof was closed. The other car had a noise in the above head console.
    Both vehicles are fine automobiles though. The vehicles
    had Michelin tires which I think helped cut down on road
    noise on rough asphalt.
    A short person, with the seat moved forward, may have trouble seeing out of the vehicle
    because the windshield pillars are wide and swept back a lot. The high trunk and three headrests in the backseat
    also create a problem looking out the middle rear window.
  • Options
    dp5dp5 Member Posts: 55
    I intend to buy the new Lexus ES which is a sister car to the Camry. The ES hasn't been released yet so there are no personal reviews of the new 3.5 Litre 6 cylinder engine. However, I think that this is the exact same engine that is in the Camry. For those of you with the 6 cylinder, do you notice a substantial increase in power vs. previous Camry models? Is it enjoyable to drive? Any engine feedback would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    Just picked up my Titanium w/Ash interior XLE 4 cyl. this afternoon. Number 12,360 built in Japan.

Never set a foot in the dealership before today - all by email/phone. 15 minutes at the dealer and I was gone. No extended warranty, coatings, security systems or maintenance agreements BS.

50 State Emissions, Leather, Heated Seats, Stability Control and Carpet/Trunk Mat Set.

Sticker $27,344, Dealers Invoice $24,669, My cost $24,969 + Tax & License.

Drives Great, Haven't autocrossed it yet but feels good in the turns, No rattles, Solid.

Accelerates ok but I am used to 250-300 HP.

2,000 RPM at 62-63 MPH.

Bridgestone Turanza EL400 tires rated at 260 treadwear, A -traction, A - temperature.

Bluetooth works great! made a phone call during the 2 mile of the drive home. Good volume (adjustable), good sound clarity (both ends of the line), and great voice commands. Will see how my phone address book transfers manana.

Only shortcoming from my old ride appears to be that there is only one temperature setting for the heated seats. I am used to setting mine on LOW for a nice warm feeling to my lower back. I'll try them these in the morning on the way to the golf course.

Just had a email from a dealer that I told was too high at $500 over invoice last week. He asked "how about $199 over invoice". He snoozes, he loses!!!!!!!

Had a great quote for a 84 month/100,000 mile/0 deductible mile Toyota Platinum warranty by email this morning.

Tonite I got an email for the same warranty from another Midwest Toyota dealer for $100 less.

Going to order the spoiler, mudguards and pedal set online tomorrow.

My Zaino Wax products are coming by UPS on Thursday. Just need some clear days to apply for a great shine.

I never looked twice at any previous Camry but have looked forward to the '07.

I will get some pics taken to post tomorrow.
  • Options
    alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    You seem very happy so far, here's to many happy miles.

~alpha
  • Options
    petomlinpetomlin Member Posts: 103
    Hello Bob

I know this is not what you are looking for but.....

Thank you for your service, Sir. God Bless.

Sincerely

Paul
  • Options
    All I know is that it is the same engine that the new Avalon has as well in the Toyota class. If it is 268 HP V6 in the Lexus models -- I would guess they are the same.....
  • Options
    E-mail me your e-mail and I'll send pics via e-mail instead -- wayneconklin@hotmail.com

*It's a sweet 268 HP killing machine --- Wayne
  • Options
    I am posting some night shots -- interior / exterior some time tonight -- check back on my other link.....Wayne
  • Options
    babyrocketbabyrocket Member Posts: 54
    Bob,

Send me your email address to babyrocket @ carspace.com, and I have some good info on the 2007 Camry I will send you.
  • Options
    mary99mary99 Member Posts: 65
    Nice, njerald. I just got that same quote today on an XLE 4cyl with nav and bluetooth but no leather.

I'd like to see this nav before pulling the trigger. Does anyone know if this nav system or one like it is now in the Avalon, Prius or Lexus (or anything)? THANKS.
  • Options
    babyrocketbabyrocket Member Posts: 54
    I think it's very similar to the Lexus NAV system, which has a demo here:

http://www.lexus.com/assets/navigation_systems/Broadband/lexus_nav.htm
  • Options
    virtkingvirtking Member Posts: 25
    This evening I went to a dealer and took an XLE V6 with BT, heated seats and Smart Key system packages (I think it had VSC package too) for a test drive. Overall, I got away with positive impression, enough to keep it on my list of possible replacements for my current car. One oddity I noticed was about the switch for external lights. As you probably know it has an Auto setting. I can compare it with only Sienna 2004 van where the order of positions is as follows: Off - Parking Lights - Low Beam - Auto. The Camry has it as follows: Off - Auto - Parking Lights - Low Beam.
    Yes, I know, it's a minor issue, plus once set to Auto, there will probably be no need to change it again. Still, why not keep it consistent :confuse:
    Two more notes.
    1. The head lights by default are set to go off after ~ 30 sec. I hope the setting can be changed to turn them off when you open driver's door. Again, speaking from Sienna's experience, reprogramming this feature is not on "end user" level - it required using a scan tool. Dealer most likely will want to charge for that if done after sale, so mention this (and other customizations you may want) before you sign any papers. ;)
    2. At the Chicago Auto Show a relative of mine asked one of the Toyota's reps there about folding outside mirrors. The response he got was that it's under consideration with potential next year appearance date. The only problem is he didn't find out if "next year" indicated calendar year 2007 or 2008 year model. If anyone knows better, please share.
  • Options
    toyocam07toyocam07 Member Posts: 5
    well it got Michelins on it but tell you the truth i have't even picked up the car yet but the dealer called me today and said it will be ready tomorrow cuzz they didn't have any in stock so they had to get it here from different dealership. for sure i will keep in touch with everyone about my new camry and and yes this is my first camry but both my brothers has a 98 LE's. i think the extra 3 G for XLE is worth every pennie since it has this extra kick to the camry, and for your information i am from central VA. don't let the dealers rip you off!!!
  • Options
    I tried to purchase from Miller because they are opening a new lot next year about a mile from my home. They wouldn't come within $2k of the deal I got from Fitzgerald Lakeforest Toyota. I don't know about you, but it will take a lot of service visits to use up that $2000 I save getting a rental in lieu of a loaner car. ;)
  • Options
    kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    The 'Off' position is actually 'DRL Off'. The default position should be 'Auto'. A driver can turn the stem back one notch and turn off the DRL's during the day. The Camry's have had this feature since 2002.
  • Options
    You're Welcome. Proad to Serve! And Thank you very Much For Thinking of me. Bob
  • Options
    brupopbrupop Member Posts: 63
    When Miller opens their store near your home, feel free to take your car there for service. There is no need to take your car to the dealer you purchased it from for service; in fact you don't need to take it to any dealer except for warranty issues, independent auto shops often provide superior service at lower cost.
  • Options
    That is what I meant by giving up the loaner. I will take it to a nearby dealer for any warranty stuff, but I won't get a loaner because I did not buy it there...Although my Volvo dealer gives me one and I didn't buy it from them..hmmmm.
  • Options
    Well to give you a frame of reference. 500,000+ mi on sveral Toyota's since 1989 with no warranty work - ever.

I would never base my decision on buying at one store over another on whether they offered a loaner or not for a Toyota. Now free service at the original store or paying for it close to home is a different story.
  • Options
    pickles077pickles077 Member Posts: 30
    You should have bought Chevrolets and then you could have
    gotten to know the service people at the dealership really
    well and would have had something to do with your spare time. We have had three Chevrolets since 2000 and lots of trouble. We are getting ready to buy our first Camry if the local Toyota dealership is fair. The two 2007 Camrys I have driven did quite well for a mid-sized car.
    P
  • Options
    see profile..

back in the 80's I did drive Chryslers and GM's. Then I got a Camry in 1989... end of story.. end of problems.
  • Options
    rs_pettyrs_petty Member Posts: 423
    I bought from them last time and was happy and have been treated right in service department. Just curious, did you ask them if they would match price?
  • Options
    WOW, you got a fabulous deal on a 2007 LE with leather! How did you get $300 over invoice when most dealers in the Washington DC area are only giving $500 off MSRP? Please keep us updated on your vehicle and how things are going.

I have a 2005 XLE 4 cylinder and love it. Just turned 11,000 miles and it is extremely quiet and refined, great gas mileage (high 30s and low 40s highway / high 20s in city) The Camry XLE is truly Lexus quality and refinement for thousands less than the new ES350.

What dealer did you buy work with to get such a great price?
  • Options
    wtliao321wtliao321 Member Posts: 35
    I would like to install XM radio for 2007 Camry XLE V6. Does anyone know what XM radio receiver would look like? I called my dealer and they gave me the price for XM radio and installation kit around $400, but they don't have the price for the labor so far. I search on the Web and couldn't find the anything like except this one.

If it looks like this one, I defintely will not install it. I would like to have something mount on the roof without that ugly black box, or something like Accord XM radio antenna.

BTW, does anyone have the quote for the XM radio installation for 2007 Camry? If you have installed the XM radio on your Camry, could you share your picture please?

• Options
    What other vehicles are you considering? I have owned 2 Toyota Camry's and it would be hard to find another vehicle of comparable quality, refinement, value, and dependability for the same price or even close. Stick with the loaded up Camry you tested, you will not be sorry.

Regarding folding mirrors, you may not want them on the Camry. I was told by several sources that folding mirrors create additional wind noise at road speeds and that is one of several reasons that Honda Accords are so much noiseyer than Camrys. Why are folding mirrors so popular?
  • Options
    I am sure you will love your new Camry as they are great cars and drive, ride, and have the quietness and refinement of luxury cars costing thousands more.

How many miles will they drive your car from another dealer to get it to you? You don't want just any dealer employee picking up your car and dogging it for 40 or 50 miles getting it back to your dealer. The first couple hundred miles are very important in the later years!
  • Options
    Looks great! I saw keys in one picture, so you do not have the smart key (pushbutton start) All the XLE V6 in the DC area have the push button start!

How do like your new Camry? Write back often with info about the new V6 and what kind of MPG you are getting!
  • Options
    mary99mary99 Member Posts: 65
    I'm no expert but it is my opinion that the XM receiver is not going to show; it'll be in the dash somewhere and be controlled by the stereo controls. The antenna will be on the outside of the car, but I would expect you can tell them where you'd like it. Mine (a 'plug and play' type) just says it receives best on the roof, not too close to a window or moonroof, but near your other antenna (I think).

Also, I would bet any car stereo shop could both sell you the receiver/antenna and install it much cheaper than the dealer. A good plug and play unit with everything, including home kit and remote, can be easily found for $80 and less. Just something to consider.
  • Options
    My dealer was Toyota of Kirkland - truly no hassle!!!!!!!!!

How do you get a good deal?

It's called shopping.
  • Options
    No sequential shift on 4s.

~alpha

BS alpha, there is sequential shift on 4 cyl. autos.

I can start in 1st, shift to 2nd, 3rd, 4th and then 5th and back. Works well!!!!!!!