Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• Options
    kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    Is that response really needed?

Yes you can shift manually through the 4 gears but that is not what is commonly called a sequential shifter. To state that it is only confuses someone without your expert level of knowledge.

A sequential shifter in Toyota's terminology doesnt mean shifting an automatic by hand. To state this is misleading.
  • Options
    ezlezl Member Posts: 3
    I just bought 2007 Camry LE V6 in NJ. I would like to install nav for this car. Does anyone know what navigation system Toyota is installing on 2007 Camry S/XLE model? If is it possible to buy it from manufacturer/dealer?

Does anyone have the quote for the nav installation for 2007 Camry?
  • Options
    klunkmanklunkman Member Posts: 80
    To state that it is only confuses someone without your expert level of knowledge

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm here, spyder?
  • Options
    kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    After seeing all the pics here and in mags on the new body style I was frankly shocked to see it in person. At first I saw it from the back and I wasnt sure what it was. It also looked much much smaller than the earlier model ( although the same dimensions ).

After a couple of weeks of looking at it now there are three very significant styling differences that set it apart, IMO.

Look at the rear deck lid on just about every other auto on the road ( sans spoilers ). Then the '07 Camry. Nearly every other one including all past Camry's are dead flat across.

Ditto with the hood. Most others are flat sheets of metal with little or no character.

A customer also noted that from the side it is very 'NASCAR'.

Did I mention that I think this is the best iteration ever. Enjoy.
  • Options
    kmalveakmalvea Member Posts: 9
    Hye wayne which one is your other LINK?

Thanks.Malvea
  • Options
    link title Can someone go on this website and look at the speedometer and notice that little screen sorta thing and i am not talken about the trip smart computer thing. Could someone tell me please what is that little thing on a cycl 4 it looks like the same thing which a sequential shift on camry has a little thing which tells what gear you on. So my question is what is that thing located on the left hand side of gear 4 and 3 on the speedometer on CYCL 4.

Thanks, malvea
  • Options
    Sorry for murdering the word "thing" on my pervious pst lol

-Malvea
  • Options
    njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    It looks like it could be a rectangular area for a warning light of some kind.

I checked the manual and it is not shown at all.

Went out to my car and I can't make it do anything.

All trunk open/door open type messages show in the multi-information display inside the speedometer.
  • Options
    Hey i know this is a little wierd question but i wanted to know that if I use the automatic tranmission thing as a seq on the camry 4 cycl would that mess up my gearbox or anything.. Like what i mean is like how they do it in manuel gearing down while breaking for quicker response in breaking called "Engine breaking". So like if i do that same thing whith the 4 cycl camry like going from "D" to like "2" to get a better breaking response would that be ok? or like vice-versa like driving from "L" or "2" and just gearing up to whatever speed i need would that be like ok for the like the automatic tranmission to handel or would that mess up something in the car?
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    You buy the car with nav already installed at the factory. It is not installed by the dealer on a car that's already built.
    Similar to paint color or engine choice, you should make the decision before buying.
  • Options
    KBB.com has prices for XM listed as port installed options showing both invoice and MSRP and does not say "plus installation," so the prices should include installation.
    PIO is supposed to mean Port "INSTALLED" Option.
    Previous owners say they will only put the antenna where their manual says it is supposed to go. On the Avalon, that is like your photo shows.
    You can have it moved by someone else later.
    They really need to just install it at the factory with a color matched antenna. Only costs a few dollars per car if they made it standard with the 440 watt upgraded stereo.
    At the very least, they could "pre-wire" every car with an antenna port installed in the roof whether you install XM or not and then sell color matched shark fin antennas as part of the installation kit.
  • Options
    calhoun213calhoun213 Member Posts: 10
    I was going to buy an Accord by drove a 2007 Camry LE and SE both with the 4 banger. Didn't have time for a long test drive but my wife and I both preferred the SE version.
    I didn't push it but the SE seemed very taunt and responsive but the ride remained comfortable. Felt more like the Accord than the LE model but more comfortable. Looks like a black on black SE will be our next vehicle. Accord 4 is stronger but that is about all the Accord had over the Camry.
  • Options
    bobgwtwbobgwtw Member Posts: 187
    I looked at & drove an XLE V6 in Wilmington, NC this week; and it had the satellite built in to the receiver. The window sticker listed satellite & the antena as standard equipment.

It's a great llooking and good driving car. My only decision is to go with the 4, or spring for the extra $3000. for the V6
  • Options
    And did you see where the antenna was mounted and did the XM function in that car? Even if the service isn't activated, something should show on the screen when your press satellite.
  • Options
    klunkmanklunkman Member Posts: 80
    I think the little rectangular box to the left of the 4 and 3 is the sequential gear indicator display. Even though the 4cyl doesn't have sequential shift, I believe Toyota's using the same dash layout for the XLE4 as the XLE6. So in the 4cyl models, the box probably does nothing.
  • Options
    tidewatertidewater Member Posts: 69
    You were able to get XLE 4cly with Nav, but no leather?
    Mary99,

Is that on a special order, and if so how long is your wait for the car? And, the quote was $200 or $300 over invoice?

I am driving a 2006 Avalon Limited rental for the day, with most of the Camry XLE features (but no NAV), and it is an absolute treat! After driving the Avalon with my local downtown roads/parking, I believe the Camry will have an advantage in parking and handling in tight quarters. The Avalon Limited is a real beauty though.

Tidewater
  • Options
    calhoun213calhoun213 Member Posts: 10
    The 2007 Camry SE I drove stickered just under $25,000 with sunroof and upgrade stereo. I offered to buy it for $1500 off sticker. They let me walk. I'll wait until the supply grows before trying again. Showroom was busy with people checking out the new Camry. Dealers are advertising the base Avalon for $25,000. Hmmmmm.
  • Options
    mary99mary99 Member Posts: 65
    That's what they told me-- XLE 4cyl with cloth, bluetooth and VSC for just over $25k. She said it had to have VSC, so they must've found some package, though I have not seen that package anywhere. They said they could order it and it'd take 45 days or so. She said MSRP was $27,314. I just went and checked Edmunds and it says MSRP is $26,855, invoice is $23,857 and TMV price is $25,773. (It must include the stupid floor mat package to equal that MSRP they quoted.)

I'm leaning toward the V6 now. I want Smart Key. :blush:
  • Options
    Bluetooth is standard on all XLEs.
  • Options
    tidewatertidewater Member Posts: 69
    Perhaps that MSRP & invoice reflects advertising fees? which I believe are close to $500.

I'm driving the V6 with smart key right now (the Avalon).

Smart key is pretty fun -- would be helpful if you make a number of stops in your car on the same trip. When I walk by the car at night the interior lights come on the Avalon, via the Smart Key, and doors unlock silently. I just hope it would not fail mechanically because I see no other way to start your car without a real key.

Regarding the V6 (268 HP), I am pondering if I need this for the safety of my family -- sometimes you just need stomp on the gas, and quickly smoke those pesky little compact cars (not the Civic), and leave them safely behind you (and choking on your dust)! ;) Or perhaps it will make me more productive in my business in getting to more properties quickly. ;) I'm a commercial real estate appraiser.
  • Options
    Check the manual. There is probably some emergency start procedure if the fob battery dies etc..
  • Options
    waynethepainwaynethepain Member Posts: 31
    Go for the V6 if you dig an insane acceleration. I am in love with mine I bought 2 days ago. Around where I live in Southern California -- they can't keep the V6 in stock -- but the average price difference out here between the V6 and the V4 is about 2100. You can never have too much power -- only too little.......
  • Options
    babyrocketbabyrocket Member Posts: 54
    If the battery in the smart key fob dies, you can touch the fob to the start button and it will enable you to start the car. There is also a mechanical key that you can pull out of the fob to open the doors and trunk if the fob battery dies.

There is a dashboard text message to indicate when the key fob battery is getting low.
  • Options
    I live in Socuthern California and just purchased an '07 XLE V6 with leather and everything except NAV and VSC -- sticker was 28,655 and no haggle price through Costco was 26,100 -- must be very tight market in DC - -Wayne
  • Options
    No way! You're an appraiser? Funny!
    If this week is any indication of the year to come, I'll be driving my Civic for a while longer, though!

I think the doors don't unlock til you touch the door handle, according to Toyota. I just think it'd be nice to just leave the keys clipped to my purse all day. And, ok, I want something novel if I'm getting a Japanese Buick. ;) I should probably check if it raises insurance rates, though. I live in the car theft capital.

I kinda thought bluetooth was standard or at least part of the nav but that's how they described the car to me, and I just repeated it. :P
  • Options
    Actually none of the dealerships had Smartkey for the XLE in my area. Salesman through Costco told me how Toyota markets certain option packages to where they are popular. I was told that Smartkey, VSC and seat warmers are more for the East Coast market and are harder to find out here. Made a lot of sense to me knowing that my butt doesn't need to be warmed much in 80 degree weather most of the year. Been told too that people are figuring out how to hack the Smartkey -- so I didn't want it in the first place.
  • Options
    Tuffy -- the car is solid and strong -- acceleration like a good roller coaster has. I haven't run through the free tank of gas yet -- but when I run through the whole tank --I'll let you know. Since I have been throttling it more than normal and doing only in town trips so far -- I am only getting a reading of 15-17 miles per gallon on average. This weekend I'll be taking it on the freeway for a trip -- so I can let let you know then. I love this car so far! Wayne
  • Options
    I don't know if I believe that salesman. They sure send us a lot of heated leather seats and almost no one wants them in the desert.

Out here the Costco deal is just a price, like the 'internet price' (usually the same price). Do you have special salesmen? I think I'd prefer a Costco employee. ;)
  • Options
    toyocam07toyocam07 Member Posts: 5
    People listen, buy this car, its something else!!
    Just picked up mine and i am telling you its the best thing for the price :)
    i used to drive a Volvo S80 2001(my moms) and it feels excatly like that. Blue tooth is the greatest. Haven't figured out the XM yet but there is always tomorrow. got some heads turned, what can i say I LOVE this Camry. it really feels like a high priced car, love the leather, heated seats are great and i only paid 25100~!!
  • Options
    ix1is1ix1is1 Member Posts: 55
    Can you roll down all the windows when you press the unlock button and hold it on the key like in the Accord?
  • Options
    wtliao321wtliao321 Member Posts: 35
    IF that is true, I am very disappointed about how Toyota designs the XM radio antenna. I would accept $500 for installation the XM radio, And you are right, 440W stereo system desevers something like "shark fin" antenna! I remember my sales told me it can be mount on the trunk or on the roof. I will go to dealer to ask if they can show me something at my first service. I started to miss my 2005 Accord Ex (just XM radio) ;)
  • Options
    greencalgreencal Member Posts: 18
    Is it true that Lexus engine and V6 LE/SE are same?

What is major difference between V6 and V4 ? (Beside 6/4 and hrp)

I am unable to find V6 with out options, any one notice it?

It seems Invoices price on Web site and dealer clime Invoice price is about $ 200/300 higher .
  • Options
    ntexdriver1ntexdriver1 Member Posts: 1
    Just got my 07 camry XLE 4cyl automatic, titanium metallic color. :) Some thoughts - great design. The leathers seats are comfy, but not as firm as my previous car (Audi A4). JBL sound system is nice for music listening, but talk radio/NPR sounds a bit "thin" compared to the Bose system in Audi. Dash layout, interior space is great.
    Get up and go is fine for my style of driving, but the auto tranny is not as silky smooth as the CVT in the Audi. Cruising at 70-80mph is like butter in this Camry.
    One other slight critique is that the side view mirrors don't fold back to facilitate parking in tight spots.
  • Options
    lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    It's the same engine but the Lexus version is tweaked (via the computer no doubt) to offer a few more hp. They've got to show that it's better than the Camry.
  • Options
    greencalgreencal Member Posts: 18
    Thanks,
    I am unable to find V6 with out options, any one notice it?

It seems Invoices price on Web site and dealer clime Invoice price is about $ 200/300 higher .
  • Options
    ezlezl Member Posts: 3
    There is no nav for LE. Can i find the same model they put at the factory on XLE/SE and install it at the shop?
  • Options
    210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    Since I have both an '04 and an '05 Camry, I'm very interested in the redesigned 2007 model, although I have no plans to buy. I've seen one and sat in it.

1. Why do some of you ask if you've gotten a good deal after you've already made the purchase? Just enjoy your car and move on! The time to ask is before the purchase.

2. Man, you guys seem to want it all -- on and on about leather, nav, smart key, heated seats, V6. Anyone interested in value? (My '04 is an LE 4/4A with side airbags and a sunroof; the '05 is a "barebones" XLE 4/5A with ONLY side airbags -- didn't even come with floormats, but I picked up some later.)

3. The 4-cylinder is plenty powerful (and smooth) unless you're a horsepower junkie. For any reasonable driving (and this includes passing on 2-lane roads), the 4-cylinder is more than adequate. And I must agree that the 2-mpg EPA difference is going to be much greater in real-world driving, especially if you USE the V6's horsepower.

4. Styling - this is subjective, I know, but I still think the '07 front is ugly. I prefer the gen 5, with the lower hoodline and more restrained grille. Side view: really very similar. Rear view: can't say the '07 is particularly attractive; the gen 5 looks decent, but admittedly, it's now a cliche.
  • Options
    njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    HA!!!!!!!!!

Must be full moon time.
  • Options
    jrock65jrock65 Member Posts: 1,371
    Actually, the 2007 Camry V6 and the 2007 ES have the exact same engine. The ES engine is not tweaked at all.

The ES engine is rated at 4 more hp because the ES was tested with premium unleaded while the Camry V6 was tested with regular unleaded.

To put it another way, if the Camry V6 was tested with premium unleaded, it would have 272 hp.
  • Options
    tuffytuffy Member Posts: 63
    Once you get used to the quietness and refinement of the Camry, you won't miss anything about the noisy and rough riding ACCORD!
  • Options
    Sounds like you got a great deal too! I am surprised VSC was not on your model as it seems to be on all the V-6 XLEs in the DC area which I am thankful for as it is a wonderful feature. I wish it were standard on all new vehicles!
  • Options
    No. But there are other in-dash systems that you could install at a shop. Check out crutchfield.com for several in-dash options. I read somewhere Toyota owns/makes the Eclipse line? You might consider a portable, all things considered.
  • Options
    That's nice you like your barebones cars. I like my current one, too. But I'm finally at a point in my life where it's not ALL about value, thankfully. And a loaded Camry is still a great value. :)
  • Options
    fsowirlesfsowirles Member Posts: 195
    Yes, the internet manager said they wouldn't come close.
  • Options
    firemedjoefiremedjoe Member Posts: 1
    Yes me and my wife are thinking about buying a SE V-6 model I hope to get it for 27000 list is 29210 do you think i can get it for that price thanks
  • Options
    This sounds like bunk! So any engine has more horsepower just by using premium fuel? How come they say you are waisting money on premium fuel if your engine doesn't call for it? There must be some slight tuning or tweaking as who is going to pay thousands more for a Lexus with a Camry engine? Which is it, a Camry with a Lexus engine or a Lexus with a Camry engine?
  • Options
    w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    Although I'm not knowledgeable on the new Camry's engine, this is certainly possible with the sophistication of today's computer engine management systems. I do know specifically on SAAB's turbo-equipped cars, the SAAB's APC system automatically adjusts the turbo boost and timing based on the fuel's octane level. As technologically advanced as Toyota's cars are, I would guess that using premium gas may provide more HP.
  • Options
    210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    The V6 in the gen 5 Camry could safely use regular, but to get max performance according to the owner's manual, it said to use premium. I would assume the new V6 is no different.

The 4-cylinder is not set up this way, however, so premium is a waste in that engine.
  • Options
    crv16crv16 Member Posts: 205
    I find it interesting that Toyota charges more than $2,500 extra to get the V6 model over the 4 cylinder.

According to the article below, it now costs Toyota $1,000 to build a V6 engine. Let's assume it costs $600 to build a 4 cylinder engine. The delta between the two is roughly $400, yet Toyota charges $2500?

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aTkufGZiqHOs&refer=news_in- dex

I know, I know, it's what the market will bear......
  • Options
    I think the tranny is different with the V6 too If I'm not mistaken.... who knows what else would be too.....