Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rhard49rhard49 Member Posts: 226
    I received this offer today

Year: 2008
    Model:M45X
    Color: White
    List Price:$60625.00
    Options: Technology, Adv Technology Package, Navigation

YOUR SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE $46,105.00
  • mltsurgermltsurger Member Posts: 102
    14,500 Off.Great deal if new.41,00 if used.Good Luck and buy a gas card.
  • shmangshmang Member Posts: 297
    That is definitely a great deal. I would jump on it before it is gone - since now is well into 2009 and Infiniti is pushing hard to sell the 08 left overs.

The $14500 discount will get you over 72K miles even if the gas price is $3/gal. and you only get 15 MPG all the time. The gas mileage is bad, but it will be over 15 on average, unless you do city drive strictly.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
  • timecurvetimecurve Member Posts: 8
    Hello fellow M drivers. Got 2 offers in front of me. Both cars are:
    2007 M35x, tech package and advanced tech package. The first one has only 8K miles on it. Asking price is 32.5K. The other one has 37K miles on it and asking price is 29K. Are any of these deals good? If not what would be a good price one these cars?

Thanks to all in advance.
    Both are good prices if the cars are in great shape.Buyers market.Good Luck.
  • mako5mako5 Member Posts: 15
    Hi , A dealer offered me a base m35 2008 with 17k miles on it for 26k bottom price . Car seems to be in great shape , no accidents ect . Do you think this is a good deal ?
    That is a good price for M35, especially it is 2008 model. But, it also depends on what options it has. Could you provide more details?
  • roxterinaroxterina Member Posts: 3
    I've seen a few in that $26,000 price range but they've all been previous rental cars. Does that make a difference?
  • seatoyotasalesseatoyotasales Member Posts: 36
    Well...simply put. Think about how YOU drive a rental car. Probably not broken in correctly etc.
    You meant leased, right? Since there are very few M (if any) for rental.

Most of the 3 years old cars offered for sale in the market are lease returns, so it does not matter - most has some service over due and some are drivine a little rough (but that happens with any car no matter if it is leased or not). So, just a thorough inspection and follow up with maintenance will take care of it in most cases.
  • mako5mako5 Member Posts: 15
    I was thinking if a modern car today driven a little hard or not broken exactly right ,will this really shorten the life of the car if it is taken care of for most of its miles it is used ? :confuse:
  • seatoyotasalesseatoyotasales Member Posts: 36
    Actually I am in Seattle are there are a LOT of former rental car "M's" for sale up there. Most of them were built all one way, without NAV or any other major options. Checked on several and carfaxed them and several came up in the type of ownership as "Rental, Major Company".
  • roxterinaroxterina Member Posts: 3
    Actually, I do mean rental cars. When I look at the car history, many of the 2008 M's were owned by a rental company. I'm wondering if a previously rented car with under 15,000 miles would be more likely to have more problems than a regular previously owned car. Thanks.
  • drakaruladrakarula Member Posts: 12
    I have to be honest. Most people are very hard on rental cars when they drive them. I would not buy a former rental vehicle. However someone who would pay a premium to drive something like a M might not have abused it as someone driving a Hyundai Elantra.
    I see. For a rental car, most probably was driven harder, but the rental company normally do a great job maintain the car. So, it is a bet. If you are lucky and the car was not driven hard most of the time (depends on who rent it), you will get a well maintained car. Otherwise, you get a hard driven, well maintained car.

IMO, a thorough inspection (by a professional) will catch most problems and the warranty will take care the rest. So, there is not much more risk than buying a one owner car, unless you plan to keep the car for another 10 years.
  • nanotechnologynanotechnology Member Posts: 2
    I'm planning to buy a base model w/o any options. The MSRP is around $49K including destination charges. The following incentives are available till March 2009:
    Manufacturer to customer: $2,000 for loyal customers (This is my first purchase and I'm not eligible for this rebate).
    Manufacturer to dealer: $2,000 as marketing support.
    Any ideas, what should be a reasonable price to pay in the sate of IL?
  • stlgasmanstlgasman Member Posts: 141
    Where did you find that deal?
  • deweaverdeweaver Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

I bought the m35x from Salerno Duane Infiniti of Denville. I was very pleased with the salesperson. I live in Clinton NJ, so I will be servcing the M with Ray Catena Bridgewater NJ. The other option I had on the table was to buy new 2008 m35x with no options, for $36,000 from Flemington Infiniti. I could not justify spending another $5K and I have been very happy with my purchase. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
    Derek
  • dodgerdogdodgerdog Member Posts: 4
    I have an offer to buy an new 2008 M45 with technology package for $41.5k before tax and title. Is that adecent price? can I do better?

Thanks for all input!
    Dodger Dog
  • nanotechnologynanotechnology Member Posts: 2
    Check the 2008 M45 MSRP at autobuyguide.com . $10 to $12K below the MSRP will be a good price to pay. Hope this will help.

Good Luck
    Nanotechnology
  • cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    Hi,

I live in Yonkers and i'm looking to purchase a 2006 Infiniti M45. I currently own an 2002 Acura 3.5RL and although i love it, i need to get rid of it. I have never driven an Infiniti before so i ask you guys tell me what i can expect, what are the good and bad to the car. I am looking for an M45 for around 12-15K, is this reasonable or am i looking too low on price? If you know anyone at a dealership or someone who is selling privately let me know i would be interested.

Omari CPA
    Well, the two cars are totally different. The RL is a refined semi-luxury car that is realiable and smooth, with mediocre performance. The 2006+ M45 is a reliable, luxury performance car. It is a big step up on every aspect (except reliability, which both are very good). The only draw back I can think of for the M45 is the gas mileage is about 3MPG worse. That's it.

As far as the price, you are way off. A beat up 2006 M45 will go for maybe $17-18K and the average market value (with regular mileage) is around $25k. For $15K, you can get yourself a decent used 2003 model. They are just as fast, but is not near as good on any other aspects when compared with 2006+
  • cpamancpaman Member Posts: 58
    Thanks for the advice It will help me in my search
  • wingnut330wingnut330 Member Posts: 9
    Hello,

I have narrowed my search down to these 2 cars and would appreciate your comments on which direction to go...

2006 G35 (bluetooth, sport wheels)
    47,000 miles
    $17.600

2007 M35x (NAV, bluetooth, Air/Heat Seats, etc)
    $19,000

I love the M, but am nervous about the high miles and lack of factory warranty.
    Go with the M.Someone probably put a lot of hiway miles on the M.High miles ,recent build.The M has more room along with a very nice history of dependibility.The price is such ,you would have some room if you needed little things done in the future,but C.R. relates you would need nothing done except usual maintenance.Our go Green.Donate money and walk.
    The G35 is definitely faster and use less gas.

On the other hand, the M35 wins on everything else. I would not worry about the high mileage much as long as it is properly maintained. If you really want, you can get a extended warranty for around $1500 that will cover all major items. I would not buy the warranty though, but it is just me.

I would not buy either - Test drove both and there is no match with the V8 in M45 and the price difference is only about $2500. The kick is: They have the same gas mileage.
  • allprimaallprima Member Posts: 7
    Hi all,
    I recently puchased a 2008 g35x sedan and Infiniti just sent me an offer in the mail...
    Basically, it's an offer code for a $500 Amex gift card on a new purchase or lease of an Infiniti vehicle. (I will also receive $150 Amex card for "referring" you) If any of you have recently purchased or leased a new infiniti and would like the $500, please email me at allprimo@aol.com. According to the instructions on the flyer, i just log on to the infiniti website and enter the vin # of your car and my car and we both get the gift cards - no strings attached. I dont know anyone personally who is buying an infiniti soon so i figured i'd post the offer up here. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    -Allison
    If brand new that is a good price.I yesterday bought a 2008 45X with 12,000 miles CPO.Performance Package and Premimun wheels.$41,000.Wow what a ride!They are asking along with the 72 month ,100,000 Warrenty do in addition I want a vehicle Wrap.This then covers the Nav and DVD after the factory of 4yrs./60000.The cost is$ 963.Anybody know much about the Elite Infiniti Warranty product.Thanks
  • dodgerdogdodgerdog Member Posts: 4
    I don't know about that warranty product. I bought an extended warranty, but am regretting it. No reason to buy it when buying the car.....

How much could it cost to replace the dvd or nav without the extra insurance? also, why wouldn't that be covered under the 100k extended since its supposed to cover non-wear items?

I was able to get the car I mentioned above for $39,500 which I thought was a great deal. and they have one more. Gotta say, I love this car--but its my first luxury car (and it does devour gas)--so I dont have much to compare it to except the Lexuses I test drove.
    Does anyone have any knowledge regarding the Infiniti wrap.This extends the 6/100,000 CPO to 7 yrs. with no deductible and then the Nav is covered with the warranty being transferable.The cost of the warranty is $968.
  • 1moetime1moetime Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2008 M35 base in Dallas at Budget Auto Sales. The vehicle was a rental with 20k. I purchased it for 25K. I am not too worried about it being a rental as it is in perfect condition. I plan on keeping the car for a long time but if I do start to have any issues I will trade it in. I have had it for about 1 month and I am very please with the car. I do experience some tramlining but it is not to severe. I am getting about 22mpg mixed driving and I sit in traffic a lot. I really do enjoy the car and think it is about as good as it gets for the price point.
    Wow, that is excellent deal - especially you do not have issues - I guess it is purely luck and I remember there is one guy having all kind of problems with his while the majority of M owners just have a few issues and were fixed by the dealers.
  • sarasotaladysarasotalady Member Posts: 4
    I'm a retiree in Sarasota Fla interested in base M35 2007-2008 w/out NAV. Have never bought a used car before, and last car purchase was 10 yrs ago, so I'm out of touch.

I'm looking for a certified PO car for between $25--$28K. Is that realistic or should I wait a few months?

Any suggestions for contacting dealers -- using the internet form or emailing dealers in the Tampa Bay area?

What about non-dealer sources like Autonation-- how much risk would I be taking on vs paying more for CPO from a dealer?

Appreciate any help you could offer.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Coast Infiniti is an excellent dealer....and I've leased two new M's from them at about as good a price as I've ever seen on this board. Their service dept is also excellent....they don't push stuff you don't need (at least they don't push it on me)....and they give you a loaner without any hassle.
  • sarasotaladysarasotalady Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've been to Coast -they made me feel very comfortable, but since they are the only Infiniti dealer in town, I need other sources-..

Hope to hear from folks who have gone out of their local area. Did you send emails to internet contacts listed on websites or to general mgr.?
    How risky is it to use non-dealer sources like CarMax and AutoNation?

Also, price-- CReports shows price range of $22K to $28K for 2007 M35, but Edmunds TMV certified price is $34K. What's a realistic price benchmark for base M35 w/out NAV?
    Edmunds over values the M.Kelly and CR slightly under value.I just bought a used 2008 loaded M45 by calling around to used car managers of Infinity dealers.I then related the price that I wanted to pay before making the drive.Three of them sold before I got there,but the one I really wanted I was able to buy.It is like new but 24K less than MSRP.Good luck!
  • veragenveragen Member Posts: 34
    Hey mltsurger, Can you please laborate on your used 2008 loaded Infiniti M45 to this thread of $ MSRP-price? price-off? OTD-price? Infiniti interest-rate? model: RWD or AWD? used-miles? CPO-warranty? dealership-name/area? and you mention loaded, is this w/ accessories? also any service/ maintenance-pak = (free inspection, engine-belts, oil-change, brakes, tires, wipers-blades) like BMW 5-series?

tech-pak = Bose 8-speaker / 1cd plyr, hard drive navi-system, XM navi-real time traffic, voice-recognition & rear view-cam

adv tech-pak = include tech-pak w/ Bose 14-speaker surround / 6cd chng~multi-media, Intelligent-cruise & Lane Prevent

Prem-pak = include tech & adv-pak w/ rear DVD-system, rear climate/audio, pwr rear sunshd & pwr rear recline-heated seats

Edmunds-TMV for NEW 2009 Infiniti M35x w/ tec,adv & prem = $59,750

Edmunds-TMV for NEW 2009 Infiniti M45x w/ tec,adv & prem w/ gas-tax= $67,526

I want to have some type of advance leverage using this threaded info towards NJ / NY dealerships w/ a 2009 demo-CPO w/ warranty & incentive Infinti M35x prem-pak, I'm usually alert during the fall-winter months to get the best price for clearence. With this recession, it seem like this the auto clearence-time.

Thx. VeraGen
    :blush:
  • jchenirvinejchenirvine Member Posts: 7
    Am thinking of buying a fully loaded '06 M35 Sport (w/ Navi, Back-up Camera, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Departure, DVD, and more). Here's the kicker - it's got 150,000 miles!!!! Original owner is asking $13,500. Apparently, the guy bought it new for his roughly 200 mi per day commute. Claims there are have been no major issues and recently had rotors, pads, tires, and battery changed. Test drove the car and it does drive beautifully.

Am I nuts for even considering this? Can someone with expertise give me some idea how long I can reasonably expect to drive this car before it dies? And what other maintenance should I expect? Thanks all.
    2008 M45X ,CPO, Tech,Adv Tech and premium package.Window sticker of 65,000.12,000 miles but it looks new and smells new.I now look forward to my 38 mile drive to work.I have always looked forward to work but not the drive.It sure has a lot of toys and faster than my 1968 Cougar ,390 HO with 4 speed.Good luck!
    The motor may last a long time.The concern is when the Electronics start to have issues it will be expensive to fix.I would offer much less and save the differance 4-5K for soon to come electronics repair.Very little market for this car.If everything is fine ,why would he not continue to use it for a daily driver?
  • barryendbarryend Member Posts: 121
    It is one of the most reliable cars made.

Can he show service records? Oil changes and tranny service? Timing belt change? I suggest an engine compression test and drivetrain inspection. Was it garaged or driven on salted roads? The electronics are a crap shoot but their longevity may not be related to mileage.

Do power accessories like seats and windows work? a/c system and water or fuel pumps noises?

Life of catalytic converter?

Repairing any high mileage luxury car can be costly. $13,500 may be too much.

Suggest a third party inspector and budget for repairs. Money for gas too. Mileage stinks.

Consider a new Civic ;)
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Member Posts: 172
    I wouldn't buy anything with 150K miles, regardless of price. If you've got $13.5K to spend and you're not set on a M35, there are a lot of low-mileage almost-new cars to pick from.

If you are dead set on a M35 but only have $13.5 to spend, I still would say don't buy it, because you're not going to be able to afford the repairs.

150K miles isn't used, it's used up.
  • austinpabloaustinpablo Member Posts: 2
    The '06 is a 1-owner former lease with 18K miles at an Infiniti Dealer. Their best price is $27K

The '07 is a 2-owner rental/personal with 36K miles at a BMW Dealer. The rental portion was 21K miles in 15 months, and the personal was 15K miles in 11 months. I can get this one for $25K to $25.5K.

I've read these boards for a while and done plenty of online shopping but can't decide how much more to pay for 10-15K fewer miles. Any thoughts on that and whether either of the vehicles above represent a good value?

I can afford an M45, but is it really worth the premium? I'm looking for maximum value on this purchase and would be willing to go up in mileage or pay slightly more if that's what it takes.

Also from a value perspective should I care more about navigation or other options? I've read so many negative comments about nav and Bose I hate to pay much premium for them. But am I missing some other valuable options by buying a base model?

I'll probably keep the car 5+ years and average 10K miles/yr.

Finally, I don't love the idea of buying a rental, but at least 50% of the cars I've seen are formal rentals and nearly all the rest are lease returns. I've read the recent comments on this topic, but is there really much difference in maintenance btwn rental and lease, generally speaking?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer!
    If you are going to keep it for 5 or more years,don't kid yourself,you should have the Nav. and nice tunes..I just bought a M45x with the premium package.The DVD in the back isn't needed, but the rest is really very nice.You and I keep cars for a long time ,buy what you will enjoy.The vehicle will last so don't settle for a base model.Someone needs to drive the nice cars!
  • roadking321roadking321 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2008 M35 with 18,000 miles last month for $27,500 plus sales tax and tag. Base car (no navigation, upgraded radio etc.), that Carfax reports as being about 13 months old and a previous rental car for a major car rental company. I purchased from an Infiniti dealer . Car was in overall very good condition with a few small nicks/scratches showing it's rental past! Dealer put new tires on it as part of the deal.

As this model has 4 years, 60,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty I felt it was a good deal considering that the car when new listed for about $43,500 or so.

Check Autotrader.com and Cars.com to see what's being listed. My dealer had the car listed for $31,995 but negotiated down quickly. Good luck.
    Well, I guess it is an OK deal consider it is almost a stripper M - There is a difference of over $10K compared with a loaded M when new. So, if you get the premium package, the cost will be likely increase by $5-6K, which will be around $32,500. Still an OK deal, but, I would not call it a great deal though.

But, the economy is picking up, so maybe the car prices are going up as well. It is better now than later I guess.
  • austinpabloaustinpablo Member Posts: 2
    I think I'm going to forget the base models and shell out for one with nav and a few other options. The price premium for the extras in the used models is closer to 2K than 5-6K and thus probably worth it. I mean the nav in these vehicles can't be that lousy, right?

Any thoughts on how much more to pay for, say 25K miles vs 40K miles? I'm trying to find the sweet spot.

Also, M45 vs M35? I was sold on the M35, but keep hearing from various sources that the M45 is a much hotter vehicle now. I know from extensive searching that there are about 10 M35s on the used market for every M45...at least.

Last question: does buying from an Infiniti dealer matter if I don't care about CPO? I'm in Austin, TX so I have 9 to choose from within a 3hr drive or less, but the better deals definitely seem to be with non-Infiniti dealers.

Thanks again!
    When compare M35 vs M45, it is purely depends on how much you weigh on the power (that's the only difference - if you drive cars hard, the V8 will definitely give you more power, thus less stress to the engine when driving / accelerate at the same speed when the same amount of power is applied. So, it is up to you to make up your mind. Oh, the M45 will gives you a better image and is in a better class.

For the mileage difference, I would normally use $0.12 / mile between 25K to 40K if it is a 2007 model, for 2006, I would use $0.10.

As far as the price difference, if you are talking about the nav. system only, $2k might be right, but, if you go with the full list, which include: rear view camera, DVD entertainment system, Nav. Climated controlled seats, Adaptive cruise control, Self leveling headlight, wood trim, Premium sound system and some small things, I would be surprised it is not $5-6k more.
    I have an after market Nav. and now the Infiniti Nav. with traffic.I don't understand the negative comments regarding the M Nav. For me it is clear ,fun,responsive and relatively accurate.I now get to places I used to drive to, in new and quicker ways.I test drove the M35x's and they are wonderful.I did buy the M45x,not because I drive hard or fast, but because it truely is very responsive and allows the M to be more fun.Is it worth the difference in price?,probably not, but I am not sure the M is a car bought only because of price.Instead of having a very nice car with a lot of features,a person has a conservative sports car with a lot of features.I have no regreats.I hope this is helpful.
  • cnewhousecnewhouse Member Posts: 20
    Florida owners, If you buy or lease a NEW Infiniti after March 23, 2009, Infiniti is currently offer a reward program, kind of referral reward. It is a $500 AMEX gift card to the new owner and $150 to current owner. More detail at http://infinitiusa.com/rewards.

I am a current owner and have a code for the reward. If you recently bought a new Infiniti, you can contact me at countrypoint@yahoo.com.
This discussion has been closed.