Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Odyssey 2005+

Comments

• Options
    hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    Well the horespower rating in the Motor Trend article is WRONG! according to the Dodge site it is 215 horsepower. http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp Makes you wonder about the rest of the article
  • Options
    hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Be sure to buy the after market "Mr. Grille" to protect the A/C condensor at the front of the Odyssey. ;) Here is the reference from another forum:

" #459 of 514 Grille insert for 2005 Ody by rsblaski Jun 17, 2005 (6:39 pm)
    Bookmark | Reply | E-mail Msg
    A big thank you to jjtrindc for his info regarding Mr. Grille.
    I just ordered the grille insert and will get 2 day UPS delivery for only $12 more.
    You can find Mr. Grille with a simple search. Their phone # is 951-279-4360.
    Having had one condensor replaced already, I figure $99 is cheap insurance against an $800+ repair (which Desert Honda, Las Vegas graciously picked up without my even asking)....."

AND here is the link to Mr. Grille:

http://mrgrille.com/MrGrille-Honda-Oddyssey-Page.html
  • Options
    davantdavant Member Posts: 294
    OK gang, the Ody should be out roughly...when? '05 clearance has started. Hadn't bothered to cruise all 6Mil posts to see what was said. I want to wait and see if they fix several minor gripes, the least of which is a coin holder. Our '03 XP Eddie-B is sweet but this guy doesn't mind being a soccer dad. More space, better access, similar payments, nearly twice the MPG.

Perhaps our hosts will create a new spot for these '06 posts?
  • Options
    macakavamacakava Member Posts: 775
    Maybe it's BULL power where 1BP >1 HP, resulting in 207BP=215HP. If this is a typo, it is a human error to the tune of 8 hp, which pales in comparo to the 40hp advantage in the Ody. However, this (MT) is only one of the 8+ agencies that support the Ody as the top minivan. It is difficult to imagine that they are all wrong when they are singing the same tune.
  • Options
    dilbertzzzdilbertzzz Member Posts: 190
    The base Taurus is a 150hp(or 155hp) V6 compared to a 160hp 4cyl in the Accord.

The Accord 4 cyl engine is more refined than the base Taurus V6 and would out accelerate it as well.

I agree with you. My comparison was to the 4 cylinder Accords and Camrys. Either would have cost me around $15,000 for a one-year-old vehicle comparable to what I got in the Taurus (Taurus SES w/all power would compare to a loaded Accord LX or an Accord EX). I paid $11,000 for the Taurus.

While the $4,000 was important to me at the time, as I contemplate owning the vehicle for several more years, I'll admit that I sometimes wish I had "bitten the bullet" and bought an Accord. You see, I still have this fear that the Taurus will not hold up despite the evidence to the contrary. I myself am not immune to the lingering quality gap mystique. ;)
  • Options
    dulnevdulnev Member Posts: 652
    The Ody remembers the setting before the engine is turned off and keeps it until you change it again.
  • Options
    bubbaboobearbubbaboobear Member Posts: 7
    Thanks!

I have read some of the posts on Mr Grille and the condenser problems. Can someone tell me if these problems were experienced on paved roads? Or just dirt/gravel roads??? How common is this problem???

TIA!!!
  • Options
    sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    I think it's just a chance issue. Any rock (probably needs to be decent sized) could puncture the line. You can go the mr. grille route if you choose. Or do nothing. I went with a $2 piece of metal mesh installed behind the grille with $3 zip ties. It's basically completely hidden which is what I wanted, I'm not a fan of the Mr.Grille look. For this amount I was able to cover both upper and lower grilles. I've installed this on other vehicles in the past, mainly to keep bugs out of the cooling fins. Not a big deal IMHO, and far less than the modifications I've made to other vehicles for other purposes.
  • Options
    rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    "Can someone tell me if these problems were experienced on paved roads? Or just dirt/gravel roads??? How common is this problem???"

It seems obvious (to me anyway) that this, or any other kind of grille protector will only work against stones thrown up by another vehicle ahead of you. In other words, the only way to kick up a stone on a dirt/gravel road is by either kicking it up with your tires (in which case it will hit the undercarriage BEHIND the engine), or kicking it up by striking it with the undercarriage itself. Either way, a grille guard would be of nebulous value UNLESS you are FOLLOWING someone else (either on a paved road or a gravel road). Since speeds on dirt/gravel roads are typically much lower than highway speeds, it seems obvious that one would have to be following another car very closely on a dirt/gravel road to have a problem. From experience, I typically hang far enough back to not ingest a lung full of dust, so I've never had a problem with stones on a dirt/gravel road.

My wife and I live down a nearly 1 mile long gravel/dirt driveway. We've had ZERO problems with stones in the condensor because we are never FOLLOWING another vehicle closely. The problems I've seen reported are due to a stone either coming off of a truck ahead or hit by a vehicle ahead on a paved road and, as the stone is bouncing along the road, the driver of the Ody hits the flying stone.

Regarding this issue, I've got a few comments:
    1. Yes, the condensor is exposed to stones kicked up from a vehicle traveling ahead.
    2. So are your headlights. So are any number of other components on the front of your vehicle.
    3. Yes, the condensor hangs fairly low. But since the problem is from stones which are BOUNCING along the road (ie, not stones which are just lying there motionless; I doubt inert items are simply LEAPING into the air at the last microsecond in a kamikaze attack on Ody condensors), a bouncing stone has a much chance of impacting other items on the front of the car as much as the AC condensor.
    4. Possibly the AC condensor is more prone to damage (delicate) than other items. It certainly is much more expensive. In that light, spending a few bucks on some hardware cloth (wire mesh grid) from Home Depot is cheap insurance and worth the peace of mind.
  • Options
    ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    We already have ongoing, very active discussions regarding pricing and comparison of the Odyssey to other vehicles. If you'd like to discuss those issues, please check the list of available topics in the Vans & Minivans Forum to make sure you're in the right place. Otherwise, a post like #4011, which asks some good questions appropriate to this topic, tends to get lost in the shuffle.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• Options
    mich_chowmich_chow Member Posts: 58
    Hi sebring95,
    I have heard before that the invoice/msrp for the 05 Ody did go up after it was introduced last year. Could you please share with the forum what it was, at least for the EX-L R&N (and other models if you know), and when the price was changed. And, what you paid for your R&N. Thanks much.

I completely agree with you that it will be very difficult to beat the Ody on the price for what you get - mostly the standard safety features of Ody that is not standard (and can not be found in the base models) in any other vans in the market right now.
  • Options
    marine2marine2 Member Posts: 1,155
    Apparently Odyssey owner's are envious of the Sienna or DC minivans because the Odyssey does NOT have the overhead console with compass/outside temperature and Trip Computer. Is that why Odyssey owners downplay a nice feature they cannot have?

"Magic Seat" for the third row is a frequently used feature for most bulky transportation that it makes sense to introduce it. Sto & Go feature is a lesser used feature that it presents a less compelling business case to offer it by the other minivan makers

Other makers didn't offer it because they didn't think of it and it would mean altering their under carriage, that would take time. Let's see in coming years, if they offer it or not.

They down play any feature that the other vans have that the ODy doesn't have. As if Honda didn't put it in, it isn't worth having. But we really know differently don't we?
  • Options
    The Odyssey has quicker acceleration than my T&C LX 3.3L. The Odyssey and Sienna are now more performance oriented than most other minivans. ;)
    Since I have never owned a high performance vehicle (see list in my profile), aggressive driving has not been a habit.
    I think the 5 speed AT contributes as much to more spirited driving of the Ody and Sienna as the more powerful engine. My son's 01 Ody EX with the 207 HP and 217 Lb-Ft torque never felt more spirited than another son's 02 GC Sport or my 02 T&C LX. Maybe I just never really "stomped" on the accelerator hard?
    After reading mac's comments for some time, I finally test drove a NEW 2005 Ody EX and a 2004 Sienna LE on the open road Interstate. Mac is right: they do have better acceleration than the 3.3L in the DC minivans....at any speed above 30 to 40 MPH. They both had good acceleration 40 to 60, 50 to 70, and even 65 to 80 MPH.
    Since the Ody EX had just 300 miles on the odometer, I did not stomp on it as hard as the Sienna.
    I have also noticed the "whine" of the T&C transmission after reading mac's comments about it. Ody and Sienna have quieter transmissions.
  • Options
    accordexaccordex Member Posts: 2
    We are planning to buy a Ody, but right now undecided between whether to go for a EX-L Res/Navi or Touring Res/Navi. If anyone of you have been on the same road please advise what route you took. Also current owner of each of the models can advise whether they would suggest to buy their version or the other version. I would appreciate any provided

Here's my dilemma :sick:
    On EX-L R/N : I like the additional 8th seat. I miss the fog lamps, the compass, parking sensors. :cry:

On Touring R/N : I like the memory settings, MID :P plus I get my fog lamps, the compass, parking sensors factory installed. However I miss the 8th seat, and also don't want the run flat tires, as these would be costly :cry: to replace on case of a blow out.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Don't forget tonight's member-to-member chat - it's open mic night, so come and discuss whatever's on your mind.

6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET. Drop by for live chat with other members. Hope you can join us!

kirstie_h

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    On the Touring you also get adjustable pedals and the console for the 2nd row.

You can add the console to the EX-L, but can't add the +1 seat to the Touring (no seatbelt). You can also add the fog lights to the EX-L (don't know about the parking sensors).

Compass? You're talking about gettting a full NAV system. Doesn't that include a compass readout of some sort? Besides, if you have NAV, what would one use a compass for?
  • Options
    accordexaccordex Member Posts: 2
    Hi Rorr,

Good points. didn't know about the seatbelt thingy..

I am not a big fan for adjustable pedals, i would like a telescopic wheel more ...And when on trips I feel the +1 seat is more usefull than the console.

I probably should have put the things better. I actually wanted the automatic day night rear view mirror. This one comes with a built in compass. Again the rearview mirror was what I was after.

Also as for a Parking sensors, as an addon on the EX-L these cost $600 and can be installed only in rear, the Touring gives the sensor on the front too.

As mentioned earlier, on the touring I am missing the +1 seat and feel uncomfy with the PAX tires, but then adding the add-ons I need to EX-L adds about $1000 to the price and from that point the Touring is only $2,750 more with all the bells & whistles. Now at 32.5K another 3K doesn't pinch much...but then cost was not my dilemma....
  • Options
    jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    "First, appearance is totally subjective"
    No it's not. Not "totally". If we had Phyllis Diller and Pamela Anderson in bikinis...which one would you pick?(to go bowling) Now...mac may pick Phyllis because they are closer in age. But, most men would pick the more attractive Pamela.
    That is why Honda changed the exterior styling of the Ody in 2005. They did marketing research that showed the design was not as appealing as the other minis on the market.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    I always like the last gen Oddy.....sharp and functional. Hondas usually have the best of the Japanese styling, mainly because their design studios have more freedom from home office and Oddy is only a NA product (name is used elsewhere but it's not the same vehicle).
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    That is why Honda changed the exterior styling of the Ody in 2005. They did marketing research that showed the design was not as appealing as the other minis on the market.

Could perhaps that fact that it was a 6 year old design have anything to do with it?

Looks definitely are subjective - your example being an extreme. As I've told my wife many times "Don't make me pick between 2 pretty things. But I'll tell you if it's downright ugly."
  • Options
    Humorous but not (entirely) applicable. The things which are appealing in women are (somewhat) more univeral amoungst red-blooded American males than the things which are appealing in minivans.

As long as manufacturers don't go too far into extremes in minivan designs (and IMO the current Nissan Quest is about as 'extreme' as one is likely to go given current tastes), you will probably find nearly as many 'fans' of any particular minivans exterior appearance as you will detractors.

None of the current crop will stop traffic as driver's of more pedestrian vehicles leave slobber marks all over the windows (Pam Anderson version of a minivan? Can't think of one). Just as none of the current crop will leave one reaching for the Pepto. The things are minivans. For the most part, they are invisible in traffic.

Personally, I think regarding 'style' real high on the list when considering a minivan purchase is a bit bass-akwards. Like worrying about the fuel economy of a Ford GT vs. a Ferrari Modena.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    I had the same issue with my Touring. The dealer switched the right front to the left front and vice versa and that took care of the problem. Yes, they too called it radial pull. Apparently it simply stems from the characteristics of a particular tire (I suppose due to manufacturing variances).

To test alignment, just find a flat road (with no crown) and take your hands off the wheel - if properly aligned, the vehicle should run straight and not drift or pull to either side.
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    I agonized much the same before getting the Touring although my pros and cons were somewhat different. No regret about it now whatsoever. However, given your preferences though, it sounds as though the EX-L R&N would be the better choice.

As a later poster said, with the navigation system you don't really need a compass. Save your money and don't buy foglights either unless your weather truly requires them. The only memory setting on the Touring is for the driver's seat - period.
  • Options
    macakavamacakava Member Posts: 775
    I believe that you have to enjoy driving behind trucks, especially on gravel roads, to have this problem occurring to you. Only a small % of drivers fall into this category. Hopefully it does not include you.

I avoid that like a plague with all of my 5 family vehicles.
  • Options
    "Could perhaps the fact that it was a 6 year old design have anything to..."

No, not with the drastic change from the sharp and functional lines that dennistic says he likes on the pre 2005 Odys. Ody's style kind of went from... say a Ellen Degenerate(plain,straight ;) lines ) to a older Rachel Welch (more curvy with a lot of cosmetic touch ups) If Honda thought the pre 2005 Ody look was sharp and functional...why wasn't the new designed based even slightly on the old one. It was a total new look. Why? Because the old design was plain and boring to a lot of people.Not all people...but more than enough to warrant a drastic chance... it cost them a sale with me because of it. I didn't hold exterior styling at the top of my list. But, I wanted a nice looking van. 2005 Ody much better.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • Options
    I'm not sure when the price increase took effect. When I was shopping in April, some models had the price increase and some didn't so it must have been sometime in April. I paid invoice, and it was right around $30,700 IIRC. Gotta dig out papers to know for sure, but I know how much I wrote a check for after my trade and that's about where the numbers shake out.
  • Options
    I also went through the EX-L vs Touring issue. My biggest issue with the Touring was the lack of 8th seat which I pretty much require. I wasn't too crazy about the PAX tires either, but that wasn't a deal-breaker for me.

I was also going to add the auto-dimming mirror to our EX, but after driving it awhile now I'm not going to bother. I don't have much problem with the glare in it (tinted windows help) and the side mirrors don't dim anyway which is where I get more glare. My previous vehicles have dimmed the side mirrors as well, which seemed more helpful.

As for the parking sensors....the backup camera makes them redundant IMHO. I suppose the side/front sensors could be helpful, but neither I nor my wife have any problem with knowing where the bumpers are on the Ody. I have a feeling the sensors would always be turned off.

If the Touring came with an 8th seat, I would have bought it without a doubt. I'm more pleased with the EX-L than I expected though. The only thing I really miss is the auto-programmable door locks and the auto headlamps. With the EX, I just leave my headlamps on all the time and they shut-off automatically (but are a bit quirky at times).
  • Options
    "They did marketing research that showed the design was not as appealing as the other minis on the market."

"It was a total new look. Why? Because the old design was plain and boring to a lot of people.Not all people...but more than enough to warrant a drastic chance... it cost them a sale with me because of it. I didn't hold exterior styling at the top of my list. But, I wanted a nice looking van. 2005 Ody much better."

So, basically you believe the old Dr. Pepper sales spiel: Be original; Join the crowd?! ;) The very definition of oxymoron, I believe. Odyssey went from being a stand-out design to becoming a bulbous clone of some of the uglier minivan design solutions out there (Ford, GM, and -- yuck!!! -- Mazda offerings).

I agree with you on one thing: Honda did do market research.

What did it tell them? Most likely that minivan consumers want more interior space in more flexible configurations, even more safety features, and more "luxury" options available.

What did they give up to achieve those results? Sleekness on the exterior was lost (you have to push the engine forward, forcing a bulging hood line, to get the space inside without lengthening the vehicle), and real-world gas mileage suffered (you can't accelerate the weight of all those extra conveniences without burning lots of petrochemicals).

Certainly, they did want a pretty dramatic exterior style change to play up the model's newness. But I'll bet that external styling was severely limited by the other, more-important design concerns. The clay-model concept stage wasn't the first step in this redesign, you can be sure of that!

IOW, Honda guessed (and probably pretty much correctly) that most consumers would forgive (or self-justify) the new looks and the worsened gas mileage for all the new safety and convenience gains.

And, if you really prefer the new design, then you gain twice, don't you? :):)
  • Options
    I would say the ACE body structure played into a very large part of the styling. I must admit style does effect my vehicle purchase, even in frumpy classes such as a minivan. I believe the Sienna fit more of my needs/wants in terms of features better. However, I find the design offensive and the performance lacking. I think the DC vans look fairly appealing, but that's about it. I still have to appreciate a design every time I walk upto the vehicle, otherwise I'd never buy it.
  • Options
    "would forgive the new looks and the worsened gas mileage for all the new safety and convenience gains"

Are you a shadetree mechanical engineer? I doubt very seriously that the difference in exterior styling had anything to do with safety or convenience gains.And I thought the 2005 Ody was suppose to have better mpg ...not worse. :confuse: I think if a poll of non Ody owners were asked which were the more attractive of the two generations...the 2005 Ody would win hands down(80%)
    Why? Because Honda stole(borrowed) the exterior styling of the other minivans.
    In paticular the front hood of the Mazda MPV...to gain more market share.
    As I am a Mazda MPV owner...you should know that I could care less about being a part of "the crowd." ;)
  • Options
    mich_chowmich_chow Member Posts: 58
    The invoice for an EX-L R&N is now $31,364 (including destination). So it looks like they went up by around $600 or so. And some areas are still paying $31,364 + several hundred $$ for these vehicles right now. Looks like you really got a great deal! Congratulations. By the way, what is IIRC?
  • Options
    Why? Because Honda stole(borrowed) the exterior styling of the other minivans.
    In paticular the front hood of the Mazda MPV...to gain more market share.

Well, there's a familiarity between the two vans, but I wouldn't call it a stolen look. The Mazda is a much shorter/pudgier front, completely different headlamp shape, etc. The only thing that's about right on is the outline shape of the grille. The sides and rear aren't even in the ballpark.

I personally can't see Honda desiring to impersonate a vehicle that sells a fraction of the Ody sales, nevermind one on the chopping block for lackluster demand.
  • Options
    IIRC, If I recall correctly, if I remember correctly,

I would think the right bargainer could still get them for invoice considering it's the end of the model year. Some dealers will deal, some won't. I just call around until I find one that will, although I don't usually get too worked up. I was fairly content with the dealer that offered me $500 over, but tried another that was closer and had a better service dept. They said invoice and that worked for me! I still had a trade to deal with, and they ended up giving me what I wanted for that as well. Didn't even try to hard-sell me the accessories or warranty. Offered me the 7/100k Honda Extend Care for $999 and I actually thought about that for a minute. I however rarely keep a vehicle long enough to warrant a warranty, plus I'm not a fan of insurance anyway.
  • Options
    Count my vote with dilbertzzzzzzz except I think the Mazda MPV is a very attractive minivan but just a little too small for our needs. :blush:
    I think the 1999-2004 Odyssey is VERY ATTRACTIVE and the 2005 is 2 steps down in exterior appearance. However, I would still prefer the 2005 over a brand new 2004 due to improvements like 60/40 rear seat (copied from Sienna). ;)
    It is still a toss-up between Ody EX (cloth), Sienna LE, and GC SXT for us. IF Denver Region imported Sienna XLE with no extra options, it would be FIRST choice . ;);)
  • Options
    Just go elsewhere to get the Sienna. Folks in the Southeast that get the screws from their Toyota distribution buy elsewhere all the time. Road trip! Or fly-out, and drive back. Not a biggie...
  • Options
    WHERE is the Sienna XLE imported without any expensive option?
    Moot point because we have ordered a Ocean Mist Metallic 2006 Odyssey EX (cloth) with the guarantee that the deposit will be refunded if we find a nice NEW 2005 GC SXT or 2005 Sienna LE (or 2006 of either with a nice discount) before the 2006 Odyssey arrives. ;)
    I think the Odyssey has THE most comfortable seats, the best and most easily folded 60/40 rear seat, and love the OMM color with grey interior. However, I find it very difficult to spend thousands of dollars more for the Ody EX over a GC SXT or Sienna LE when each of them has advantages over the Odyssey. :confuse:
    Honda dealers are NOT willing to pay anywhere near the value of any used Honda so the high resale value is meaningless to me as a buyer. :cry:
  • Options
    I think the most striking change in the last few years is that there truly seem to be several decent minivan choices for most buyers. I can remember when the Sienna made a quantum leap in style and features, then the restyled 1999 Odyssey leap-frogged that. Now, we are debating highly subjective style, dealer behavior, and which "meal deal" best suits our cravings off of a pretty extensive menu of fine choices. It looks like the manufacturers are listening and the customers are being better served. That's a nice turn of events, eh?!? :D
  • Options
    " Moot point because we have ordered a Ocean Mist Metallic 2006 Odyssey EX (cloth)..."

As the owner of an '05 Ocean Mist Metallic EX-L, all I can say is "Welcome to the Club". :)

Does the EX cloth have dual-zone (driver/passenger) automatic climate control? I know our EX-L does but can't remember re: the cloth version.

Just out of curiousity, how long have you been looking at minivans? ;)
  • Options
    Well, I bought a new 1976 VW Bus but traded it on a 1980 Chevy van that I kept longer. Never considered another minivan until after early 2003.
    One son got a new 2001 Ody EX and about 2 years later his brother got a used 2002 GC Sport.
    Each of them was very nice so I finally got another minivan last year when I got a used 2002 T&C LX after closely comparing 01 Ody EX with 02 GC Sport. A used Sienna or Ody was too expensive.
    Yes, the EX cloth has the dual zone automatic climate control but manual rear control but does not have the VCM.
    I would prefer the LX if it had the dual zone climate control as we do not really want power sliding doors but do like the cast wheels and 8 way power driver's seat. ;)
  • Options
    To many links are bad for the heart. How is 4 and 5 star rating for the Honda Ody in crash testing rating considered "poorly"?
  • Options
    I was going to attempt an explanation of the NHTSA, but let me just say that you should go back and read it again. In those ratings, where Honda actually had any ratings, it did the same as the Chrysler.

The JD Power data is another story and does support your (apparently misplaced) contention that Honda did poorly. In this data, Honda is making new buyers a lot less happy than Chrysler is doing.
  • Options
    Honda Ody door flew open in a crash test. :sick:
    If people were wearing seat belts as instructed, no one would fall out just like no one would fall out of a DC minivan when the liftgate flew open if they were wearing a seat belt or if they were sitting in the seat where they are supposed to sit. ;)
  • Options
    Interesting.

When I click on the NHTSA link posted, it shows the Honda Odyssey w/ SAB as "Not Tested" in the 'Side Star Rating'.

And the Honda has the exact same rating (four stars) as the Town and Country in the Rollover Rating.
  • Options
    library1library1 Member Posts: 54
    The link makes available the 2006 ratings-

"Honda Ody door flew open in a crash test." was refering to the 2005 side impact test.

The 2006 Odyssey has not yet been tested for side impact.
  • Options
    davantdavant Member Posts: 294
    The host(ess) said some meaningful discussions get lost due to the volume of traffic; boy is that an understatement. Awhile back (50 posts and two days ago) I asked if anyone knew when the 2006 Odyssey would be released. Since then I've learned quite alot about everything but what I came here for. Surely someone has some inside info or at least some juicy speculation...soon? If I want to know what to pay for it once it comes out or how it compares to others, I know this is min-van mecca.
  • Options
    Salesmen at 2 different dealerships told me their dealerships have the September allotment which will be the 2006 Odyssey. No more 2005 Odysseys will be made. I actually read the dealer listing of the different trim level and colors for the 2006 Odysseys that are allocated. Most of them are EX-L model.
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    Well, at 85 it feels like it just loafing along. Very smooth, quiet and stable. I haven't tried it, but I bet it would be fine at 100MPH. PLus, it will only be turning about 3,200 rpm, so I don't think you are going to stress out the engine too much.

I personallay would be more worrkied about driving something this big (width in particular) in most of Europe, especailly the old parts!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    Ridgeline is a brand new, first time entry into the truck market. All new chasis, components...things like IP modules, climate control modules, 4WD setup, software, radio etc....

Hey the thing is butt ugly my father-in-law bought one. But CR can't recommend a first year model ever!! Honda history is good. So, sit back and enjoy no need to get all worked up. With the way this truck looks it dosen't matter who reccomends it!!

Now my Oddy it looks good!!(for a minivan LOL)
  • Options
    socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    First, appearance is totally subjective"
    No it's not. Not "totally". If we had Phyllis Diller and Pamela Anderson in bikinis...which one would you pick?(to go bowling) Now...mac may pick Phyllis because they are closer in age. But, most men would pick the more attractive Pamela.

I would pick niether they are both fake!! And Pamela's been with Tommy Lee who knows what he's got. As far as cars only the Aztek, Ridgeline, xA, and xB make my stomach turn!!
  • Options
    bubbaboobearbubbaboobear Member Posts: 7
    I just wanted to thank all of you who replied to my posts in the last couple of days. I picked up my new van today (in Midnight Blue Pearl) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! :D I'm very happy with my choice.

I asked the dealer about replacing the ATF at 1,500km (about 1,000 miles) and he said he does that on his own cars. But, he said that the car will tell me when it needs an oil change. When the oil % gets to 10%, its time for an oil change, not when you drive 6,000km. He said if I do mostly highway driving, it could be closer to 10,000km. Does that sound right? I'm pretty used to doing oil changes every 6,000km or even sooner.

Thoughts?

Thanks again! :)