Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300C SRT-8

Comments

• Options
    autobahnstormautobahnstorm Member Posts: 4
    By the way I called the salesman and I added the Kicker to the options...indeed the standard BA system I listened to on a standard 300C was OK but not overwhelming
  • Options
    nqrider1nqrider1 Member Posts: 27
    I too like most of you all...have been waiting for an SRT8. I sold a 99 Camaro SS and a 300M to combine them into one great car.

My '05 is now an '06 and I changed the color to the new silver steel and added the DVD and kicker system.

Now all I do is wait...been since Feb!!!!

And to brag here....I buy 4 chrysler products for my business a year so I get mine for $500.00 over invoice.....let you all know someday how much that will be if it ever makes it here!!!!

For now we tool around in a GT PT purple convertible!!! (her car)

drive on...
  • Options
    srt84mesrt84me Member Posts: 7
    I am interested in a srt8, but alas, I have not been able to get the price that I want. I live in California, one blasted dealer wanted $75,000 dollars for it. I think that is way to much. Does anyone know of a dealer in California that is gonna sell with a fair price. 45-50,000 max. Also is the 2006 model gonna have any other colors. I have owned allot of good american muscle sedans like the impala ss, the SHO. I have waited for this car for a while. so its really disheartening to not get one at a good price. :mad:
  • Options
    kurtamaxxguykurtamaxxguy Member Posts: 677
    I'd suggest looking out of state (there are a few that follow Calif. pollution regulations so those cars will be pretty easy to transfer over).
    California, especially Los Angeles, is one of the most "car centric" places on the planet, and cars like the SRT-8 are mana from heaven for so many of its residents. The dealers know this, and charge accordingly.

What's wierd is the virtues of the SRT-8 seem better suited to the panoramic roads in central or northen California, rather than the craterized parking lot roads we deal with in LA.
  • Options
    out of state, wow never thought of that. how about if I bring one from canada. could that be done. not sure about the emissions tho. what are some of the states that follow california smog regulations. thanks :)
  • Options
    You can get one from Massachusetts where I am at sticker. Then enjoy a long ride home...FAST!!!

There are now 3 colors for 2006 SRT8. Silver, Black, and Silver Steel.

I am wondering if a Charger SRT8, Grand Cherokee SRT8, Durango, etc...will ever really happen with all the delays on the 300's....

I just got my sister to buy a 300C AWD in Jade on Jade with all the stuff. Now I can borrow it and get used to it before mine comes in...what a great car the 300C truly is....

HURRY UP AND BUILD THEM CHRYSLER!!!!
  • Options
    The 2006 300csrt8?are spec already out? when I go to the chrysler web site they make no mention of it. Will chrysler make the interior more lux for 2006, or is that not in the pipeline.
    yeah, that silver steel color is real nice. black is the best, but a pain to keep clean, silver is too common, I hope they make a jade 300csrt8. that would be real nice. where could I find out the states that follow california guidelines regarding emissions control. thanks :surprise:
  • Options
    wantitwantit Member Posts: 21
    I called my dealer, as I have been at least twice a week, since I ordered my 300 srt8 on 2/18. Every call got same answer, no change in status. (D) Yesterday, dealer told me they got a memo, that all 300 srt8 production is suspended, until at least July, and I should probably expect delivery sometime in August, or September!!!!! I see on this forum, and others, that a lot of people are getting thier cars. I also sent message to Brampton website, and the reply was there was at least 30 built on yesterdays shift. The conflicting info is very distubing, who should I believe? I am trying to be patient, as I have a price in writing, of M.S.R.P.
    Can anyone tell me where I can get some reliable info???
  • Options
    I asked my dealership for you. My car just went D1...there are no holds on the cars....

If anyone says there is a hold...it is because they have only so many allocated and if someone offers to pay more...you could loose...unless you have a signed P&S and can prove they bump your order....

I have had 4 vehicles "built" in the past...a 99 Hugger Orange Camaro SS, a Hemi 2003 Ram Quad Cab Pickup, a 2005 Birch Z71 Suburban, and a 2005 Purple GT PT Convertible...and this is the longest wait (Feb) and I may be 6 to 8 weeks out still.....July will be here....
  • Options
    redbird15redbird15 Member Posts: 6
    Is there a site where I can go and view the silver steel metallic option?
  • Options
    I live here in Florida. Roads here are pretty smooth. for those of you who have been fortunate enough to get their srt's, how's the ride quality? Some reviews say it's "just this side of the Flintstones (very rough) and other reviews say it's firm but not bone jarring. Also, when I'm not trouncing down on the pedal, how's the cabin noise? One reviewer said you had to crank up the stereo to hear it and Automobile magazine listed the db's as lower than a standard 300c at full throttle and also at 70MPH. Just curious as to which reviewers were most accurate. I plan on using mine as a daily driver. Thanks in advance for the help....
  • Options
    jconnollyjconnolly Member Posts: 6
    JUST PICKED UP MY 2006 SRT8 LAST WEEK AND I'M HAPPY TO REPORT THAT THE RIDE IS EXCELLENT CONSIDERING WHAT HAS BEEN DONE TO THE SUSPENSION. IT IS FIRM( THINK CORVETTE ) BUT NOT PUNISHING AT ALL. IT'S A RIDE THAT IS VERY COMFORTABLE , BUT IS ALSO VERY RESPONSIVE TO ROAD CONDITIONS. I ALSO LIVE IN FLORIDA BUT I'M CURRENTLY DRIVING THE CAR IN ATLANTA AND COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH THE RIDE. REMEMBER THIS IS A SPORT SEDAN SO YOU WILL FEEL THE ROAD SURFACE TO AN EXTENT BUT THAT'S REALLY KIND OF THE POINT. NO YOU WON'T HAVE TO CRANK UP THE STEREO EITHER. CABIN NOISE IS NOT BAD AT ALL CONSIDERING THE DYNO TESTS ON THIS ENGINE HAVE REPORTED 469HP AT THE FLYWHEEL. THE EXHAUST NOTE LETS YOU KNOW WHAT'S UNDER THE HOOD YET IS ACTUALLY PRETTY QUIET CONSIDERING. ONE BIT OF ADVICE I WILL GIVE YOU IS MOVE FAST IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN THESE CARS. 200 05'S WERE MADE AND OFFICIAL WORD FROM THREE DIFFERENT CHRYSLER DEALERS HAVE 400 06'S BEING BUILT(I REPEAT ALREADY BUILT). I TRIED TWO DIFFERENT DEALERSHIPS IN ORLANDO AND CAME UP WITH NOTHING. I ENDED UP FINDING MINE IN AUGUSTA GA AND I KNOW THAT 1 DEALERSHIP IN FORT LAUDERDALE RECEIVED 6 ( YES I REPEAT 6) SRT8'S LAST WEEK. AT LEAST 4 HAVE ALREADY BEEN SOLD AND ALL 2006 CARS HAVE REPORTEDLY ALREADY SHIPPED. I DON'T KNOW THIS FOR A FACT, BUT I FIGURE THAT WHEN THREE DIFFERENT DEALERSHIPS IN TWO DIFFERENT STATES REPORT THE SAME FACTS THEY ARE PROBABLY FAIRLY CORRECT. I REALLY CAN SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE SRT8 SO DON'T WAIT TOO LONG OR YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GET ONE WITHOUT PAYING ALOT MORE FOR THE CAR. THIS CAR IS BY FAR THE COOLEST (AND FASTEST) CAR I'VE EVER OWNED AND IF I COULD AFFORD TO BUY ANOTHER ONE I DEFINATELY WOULD. HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK!1
  • Options
    moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    difficult to read!
  • Options
    My bad. It was late and I wasn't paying attention. Just to make sure i wasn't too off base with the report on the cabin volume, after I posted last night I drove home on the hwy instead of the usual backroads (which are much more fun to drive by the way) and had the stereo off until i reached 70mph. Then I started to turn the stereo up until i couldn't hear the engine and I was only about a quarter of the way up before I could hear only the stereo. Peg the throttle at 70 and you could definatelty hear the engine come to life, but once i took my foot off the gas pedal all was nice and quiet once again. Turn the stereo up to half way and I could barely hear the car at all under heavy acceleration (and that was with the Boston Acoustics system).
  • Options
    autobahnstormautobahnstorm Member Posts: 4
    I've been looking frantically myself... the only place is Chrysler's official website, go to 300C, build and price, and choose silver steel option. The pic is small, and I think not very representative of the true color
    Yet that's the color I ordered for my SRT-8. Black is impossible to maintain, and silver is basically every other car out there... I'll be happy with any other darker grey metallic...
  • Options
    Man we people in california definetly have the short end of the stick. I really want an srt8, but cant get a good price. I went to a dealer, the markup is 40,000 dollars, so the car is selling for 79,000 dollars. man o man, what do I do. One of you people on this forum said that its possible to get an srt8 in another state and bring to california. which states? Will it be okay for cali emissions. also is it possible to buy it factory direct. please help me, I am in such need for speed that I even drove the cts v caddy, in a word, NO!! :cry:
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    "One of you people on this forum said that its possible to get an srt8 in another state and bring to california. which states?"

Hmmm, according to Chrysler, option code "RCA" is required for the California bound SRT8s. The other stricter (than the remaining 50) states are the "Northeast" group, option code "RNET" consisting of Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. Texas has also decided to join in on the clean(er) air fun, so their cars now match the Northeast group. Unfortunately I don't think that these other states have standards that are quite as strict as California (although a call to the appropriate state agency would probably be able to confirm or refute that point).

Anyway, there is your list. Let us know if you have any luck.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    emergency1emergency1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys, I`m relatively new to this forum, but I have a 2006 Chrysler 300C. I heard a lot of talk of upgrading the handling performance on other forums, ie springs and roll bars. I would like to do the same. I know that eibach will be coming out with their "roll bar kit", soon. They state a 25mm front bar and a 19 to 22mm rear bar. Question, for those who have a 300C SRT-8: If you could do me a favor and look and measure your rear sway bar. What size is it? Is the Eibach kit bigger than that of the SRT 8? What are the advantages of the 22mm over the 19mm, other than supressing more roll. Will it cause the rear end to be more "anxious" to oversteer. Thanks Emergency1
  • Options
    wantitwantit Member Posts: 21
    Spoke to manager at dealer where I ordered my car. The srt8s, are NOT on hold, the memo they recieved stated that the 300c all wheel drive, is in fact on hold, until end of June, due to parts availability. Also more good news, I am #3 on the list, to get an srt8, and one has already been delivered. Looks like I might be motoring soon!!! Waiting for Silver steel metallic, option group 1, only, no kicker.
  • Options
    How the Dodge Magnum SRT-8 version compares to the Chrysler SRT-8, and if its availability takes some of the price pressure off the Chrysler model...
  • Options
    I own a 2005 300c and am thinking hard about moving up to the srt8 (if I can find one). If there is anyone out there who has owned a 300c and now has an srt8 could you tell me how much stiffer the ride is and how much more cabin noise you hear? thanks
  • Options
    b4teenb4teen Member Posts: 9
    After reading this forum I consider myself lucky. After reading about the srt8 I really wanted one so I started calling around. No one had one of course and I resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't getting one. I called around to get a 300c and found a dealer with 3 like I wanted. Their ad said they had srt's. I figured they just said that to make people call but I asked anyway. The guy checked and came back and said that they had two but one just sold, they still had one. I went right down and found it on the showroom.

Test drove and bought. Sticker was $45,950. The mark up was to $57, 950. I actually got it for $52,000 ( he said because it was the end of the month) I know I paid more than I should what with all the hysteria, but not sorry I did. I would have to put a cap on that though. Anything over 15 or 20 over sticker just offends me too much.

So far ride is great, very firm and tight, but not as bad as i've read in some articles. I like feeling the road. I've never had a problem with the noise. I've never even heard of it until I read these forums. It's quieter than a lot of other cars that i've driven. I can attest to the performance of this car. That's what pushed me (and my wife) over the edge. When your in this big car that looks like a very cool looking sedan, and you jump on it, the acceleration and power curve just keep going. The only negitive thing I can say is the gas milage probably isn't the best. But thats not all the cars fault either. Could use a larger gas tank.
  • Options
    joditjodit Member Posts: 2
    My friend drives it to work and says its great, she has to sell it though, because her husband is mad that she bought it. She is in Florida also and says its not like driving a regular luxary sedan, it does ride a little more sporty.
  • Options
    I had a very similar situation to yours. I started looking for an SRT8 about three weeks ago and came up with nothing from three dealerships in Orlando. Closest I got to one was a silver one that was in Oklahoma City and they wanted $15 over msrp ( which I thought was crazy---even for a car like this.) So I decided to test my luck and wait for another one.

Then I get a call from my father-in-law ( who happens to work for a dealership in Augusta Ga.) and he's got a black 2006 with no buyer. Ironically enough 3 days after he first called me it just so happened that I was flying to Atlanta on business. Atlanta is only about two hours from Augusta so it would work out perfectly. Msrp was also $45 and mark up was $57 and I too ended up getting mine for $52 and I do not regret paying over one bit.

I really can't say enough about this car. The ride ( contrary to what some publications have said ) is actually quite good. Interior cabin noise is very low and the handling and acceleration are second to none. You are right about the gas tank. It could have been a little bigger, but even with the size it is,the range for me has been around 300-320 miles a tank.

One bit of advice that I can give has to do with the brakes. I've been watching rotor wear very closely since several other SRT8 owners have noticed unusual(uneven) rotor wear with less than 3000 miles on their cars. Dave Zeckhausen with Zeckhausen racing has suggested to us that we make sure these big Brembo's are properly bedded to reduce the uneven wear and possible warping in the future. Check out his website for a step by step procedure on how to do this. Most of us that have done this have noticed much firmer brake performance and improved wear.
    These BrembosBrembo'sate quite a bit of dust, but that's evidently a characteristic of these pads.

Other than that this car has very few rivals in it's class. Any 4100lb vehicle that can go from 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and back down to 0 in 110 ft gets a thumbs up in my book.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up on the brakes. I've only got about 1500 miles on the car but I'm going to try to go to that site and check up on that. I'll try to find but if there's an official site I'd appreciate the site.
    Thanks jconnolly
  • Options
    mikeguilmikeguil Member Posts: 6
    Disappointed in Chrysler Corporation! In November of 2004 I signed a contract with a tri-state Chrysler dealer in Evansville, Indiana and put down a $1000 deposit on an SRT-8, agreeing to pay MSRP. To date, nearly eight months later, the dealer can tell me absolutely nothing about when and if I may receive this car. I have called other dealers within a 300 miles radius with the same results, though one dealer in Louisville said the car was 'on hold' due to problems with 'blown' head gaskets. Several calls to Chrysler Customer Service was also a waste of time as they know absolutely nothing, referring me back to the dealer. A Chrysler Corporation Sales Representative was supposed to phone me, according to the dealer, but he never did... I am beginning to think I may never get this car and compemplating putting my money on a Mercedes C55 AMG or Lexus, though I would prefer to have the SRT-8. I have tried obtaining the phone numbers of Chrysler's corporate office but haven't had any success here either.. I only wish to find out the truth - if these cars are really being made and where they are being shipped to?(I also talked with dealers in Chicago, who also have not received any SRT-8's.)
    If a Chrysler Corporation executive sees the post would appreciate some input.. Mike in Kentucky
  • Options
    I have trashed the brakes on a 2003 Hemi Ram, a 99 Camaro SS, and a 2000 Corvette. I would die if I trash the brakes on my SRT8! I have this car coming over a CTS-V, or any other Family sports sedan due to it's performance and due to my local dealer's very able service department, but I'd hate to have them replacing my brakes after a summer of fun! Anytime I had a GM vehicle with a service problem the service was so awful and I tried 7 different dealerships! So I have my Dodge Boys fix the Suburban!!

For the California guys....I am told that since Mass emmisions are the simliar to CA, you can check into "importing" the car from the Northeast. I know someone who just moved there with a new $35,000.00 car and it cost $1800.00 "Import Fee". That sure seems cheaper with the trip home than being robbed $75,000+ for a $46,000 car! My car stickered at $46,336.00 with Rear seat Dvd, Kicker, Sunroof, and touring package. I paid $500.00 over invoice but I promised to not post that price. Let's just say the mark up is less than 10% at MSRP.

I used to run 120MPH+ in convoy with Camaro Club pals. We would say over the CB what crazies we were with our kids in the back seat. I wonder what I'll be thinking in the SRT8? Hey kids....stop playing that DVD movie so loud...I am trying to hear my engine rumble!!!! Hey kids...stop cranking the Kicker system...I am trying to talk on my cell phone and drive over 100MPH.....

Ahhh...life will be more complicated....and go by so much faster in this "family car"...

We need to start a new post with stories on using these great cars....
  • Options
    hootie1241hootie1241 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. Dealer would replace tires at a cost to me of over $400.00 . Chryler is blaming the tire. Every person that owns one of these cars has or will have this tire wear problem. I have checked every one of these cars that I see and all so far have had the cupping and feathering problem. Since it is just not the Continental tires but the 300c that has the 17" Goodyear tires are also cupping and feathering. Chyrlser has a big problem with these cars and they know it. We don't know what to do. Can't afford to replace tires every 12,000 miles or less. Most people with miles under 6,000 haven't noticed the noise yet. It comes on gradual. I was told it was my fault for not rotating the tires every 6,000 miles. Gee, why didn't the dealer mention this when I took the car in for its regular oil changes. THEY DIDN"T KNOW EITHER. Anyway my dealer took the car and had an alignment done and rotated my tires. Well they put the perfect back ones on the front and now they are doing it. Chrysler problem. It happens just to the front tires. Something is wrong and they need a reacall.
  • Options
    mhjmhj Member Posts: 3
    On May 29th we took our 300C SRT-8 to an NHRA Sanctioned 1/8 Mile Dragstrip.

People seemed extremely interested in our car and we received many, many compliments on it. The number one question people asked us was: Did you do anything to your car to make it perform so well? When we said no that we had not done anything to it, and this is the way it came from the factory, they were very impressed.

The announcer said many nice things about it every time we took it down the track.

We made 16 time trials that day.

The highest MPH was 86.35. On that run the 60' was 2.061, the 330' was 5.742 and the 1/8 mile time was 8.665.

The best 60' was 1.976. The 330' on that run was 5.634, the MPH was 85.52 and the 1/8 time was 8.561. The 1/8 mile time for this run was the best E/T of the day also.

We plan on taking our car to a quarter mile track. When we do we will post the results.
  • Options
    good news and bad news. Bad news is Dave Zeckhausen has had a chance to look into the brake issue a little further and he has discovered that these systems are evidently using track pads and they are too harsh for street applications. Good news is many of us who have had or cars for awhile have noticed the same thing and are going directly to our dealerships to address the issue. One owner has also reported that the brakes have a 12 month warranty as well.

Worst case scenario Brembo will end up eating the bill........but DC will have to address the issue sooner or later as long as they have enough folks like us taking our cars in for the same problem. These brakes feel amazing, but they are made for track apps. They are not made for street use.

BTW: Dave also suggests bedding any new car's brake system even if you're not having any issues with them to begin with.
  • Options
    ..loves your wheels, SRT8ers....was chosen #3 as ultimate road cars for 2005. Their favorite for hitting the on ramps.
  • Options
    kevm14kevm14 Member Posts: 423
    Awesome! I'm not familiar with 1/8th mile times, so I will find out from my cousin how your car stacks up against a 2001 Corvette Z06! Off the top of my head, you're not that far. I know he ran a 12.49 @ 113, and the car is bone stock. I just can't remember what the 1/8th mile was.

1.9x 60' out of a stock RWD car is also impressive. Launch technique? Did you clean the tires before the run? Traction control on or off?
  • Options
    These brakes feel amazing, but they are made for track apps. They are not made for street use.

It's all a compromise. I think Chrysler did the right thing in the SRT-8. It would be one thing if they were using a real aggressive compound in the 300 or 300C, but the SRT-8 is specifically marketed as a very sporty version of the car. I for one am glad I am reading things like "brakes are awesome, one of the best 60-0 distances we've ever recorded" or "after a 10 lap session, we noticed no brake fade." I get disgusted when a company makes a high performance trim level of a car and the reviews read like "braking performance is decent on the first few stops, but fade sets in pretty severely after a while." Be happy that the SRT-8 has braking performance to match cars two or more times as expensive.
  • Options
    joditjodit Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my SRT8 and Im reading these issues about brakes and not understanding, I am a female and am not sure about some of your wording. Please explain in lamins terms what I should be concerned about with this vehicle. " Dave suggests bedding the brakes" what does this mean. Thanks
  • Options
    Bedding refers to a somewhat controlled heat cycling of the brake pad lining. The idea is that you gently heat up the brakes over a few stops, making harder and harder stops as you progress into the process. By the end, I think you will smell something and may see smoke, but the results are, like others posted, less noise, better wear, less fade, etc. Take the average car and do an 80-0 stop on a highway exit ramp. Most cars won't have too much of a reserve after this, but that's ok, because you already stopped. You're probably not going to speed right back up to 80 and do it again. But with the SRT-8, the braking system is designed so you can, for example, be going 100mph, stab the brakes, engaging the ABS all the way to a stop, but then floor it, speed right back up to 100 and do it all over again, and again, and again.....you get the point. Put in a more practical perspective, all those steep downhill grades, like mountain passes, where you might see signs that say "trucks use low gear" and many cars have severe brake fade - you won't have to worry at all. Ride the brakes down if you want, they have a ton of reserve capacity. But dusting and pad life will probably be an issue...
  • Options
    Does anyone really have an SRT8 with the Kicker system? Or does anyone have it on order? I witnessed my car on the dealer build site and it does NOT exist. I need the build code if anyone has it. The dealer says the customer site at chrysler.com is "subject to change without notice" and the system does not really exist. So I want to investigate it before my car is built. It is approved for build and almost ready to go...so time is of the essence.....

Thank you lucky SRT8 folks!!!!
  • Options
    300c4me300c4me Member Posts: 4
    As of a week or so ago eleven SRT-8s with the Kicker system had been built. That number is sure to have increased since then. Word is that full scale production of the SRT-8s with the Kicker is scheduled to commence within days if it has not already begun.

For pictures of a car with the Kicker system, take a look here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/855418
  • Options
    To Jodit...Kevm14, From what I've heard and read on "bedding the brakes" its very important not to come to a complete stop while heating the brakes. 60 or 70 down to 10mph, then back up to 60 or 70 and repeat the process to get the brakes heated. This is done 7 to 10 times then drive around and not use the brakes (if possible) till they cool. This is suppose to deposit an even layer of material on the rotor that makes them perform like you stated.

If you come to a complete stop during this process you might deposit an uneven amount of material which may eventually cause the brake to shudder while braking due to an uneven build up
  • Options
    What exactly is a "kicker system", I've never heard of that.
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    My understanding is that it is a gonzo bling audio system. :shades:

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    great pictures of the car! What is the build code for the kicker? I need it to argue with Chrysler because it is NOT on the build site.....
  • Options
    Oh, and you can not rotate the tires on an SRT8 front to rear....just side to side....
  • Options
    Is the Kicker really any better than the Sound Group II BA system? From what I read, the optional BA system was REALLY good. Somehow I trust BA more than Kicker when it comes to high quality audio.
  • Options
    I think there's a good chance that the Eagle F1 S/Cs will be directional on the SRT-8, so you wouldn't even be able to rotate them side to side. But directionality is only for water siping, so even if they were directional, you could get away with a side to side rotation...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Supercar&part- num=445YR0F1SUPERCAR&partnum=545YR0F1SUPERCAR&vehicleSearch=true&index=0

220 treadwear and they feature 1 to 2/32" less tread depth than a normal tire for maximum responsiveness! Wow, if 300C people think those Continentals wear fast, wait until they see how fast these Goodyears wear!
  • Options
    tommyb1tommyb1 Member Posts: 1
    I had the F1s on my Lightning, they are not a very reliable tire. First thing I will do, after picking my SRT8 is to change the F1s to Hankook Ventus uni directional. Much better tire and it costs less, I hope they make the size.

P.S. Any one here from the GTA area Canada, if yes please respond. Oh, and no Kicker option for us.
  • Options
    who has plussed/dubbed their SRT8 so far? and if so how by much? and what did it do for the handling/ride?
  • Options
    theorthoguytheorthoguy Member Posts: 2
    Hi There:

Just placed my order for a 2006 SRT-8. At the dealer that I ordered from, there was no available option for the kicker system. I am unsure as to whether or not this option will be available. However, my most confusing task is to decide on a color. I am stuck between the Silver Steel Metallic and the Black. I was looking at the Chrysler web-site, and have looked at all 3 options. The light grey looks quite dark on the sample they project - particularly compared to a live car that we have seen in person. Unfortunately, I have not been able to view any vehicle with the Silver Steel Metallic. Does anyone have this color? If so, is it fairly dark? I'd be interested if it were of a slate or darker gray. Thanks for any input regarding the color options.
  • Options
    durango_rtdurango_rt Member Posts: 8
    My guess is that it is the same color that the Dodge Magnum originally showed us when it was still a concept... I assume I am right since the magnum can be configured with the same color, last year is was mineral gray metallic... same color? don't know for sure.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=33&article_id=8920&page_number=1

click on 'Photos'
  • Options
    I ordered silver steel metallic just because it is different! Yellow would have been nice!!! LOL....

I assume it is a metallic light grey..I just got the specific SRT8 brochure from my dealer and it perfectly in between silver and black.

Black is beautiful....but hope you like to clean!!!!

I almost think when the stock tires are gone...some folks may opt for the same size on front and rear to allow for rotation....I always do it once a year or every 3000 miles on cars I drive hard..... my 3000 miles in this car will be brutal!!!

I always have said that Goodyears were really "Good for a Year"!!!!
  • Options
    spokesspokes Member Posts: 14
    Question to those lucky enough to have taken delivery of an SRT 8:

Are any of you located in California? Does anyone have knowledge of any SRT 8 deliveries to California yet? I'm on a wait list and my (two!) dealers have no clue as to when they will receive any.

I'm just curious if anyone has info. on left-coast deliveries.

Thanks!

Spokes