Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera 2006

Comments

• mechanic80mechanic80 Member Posts: 122
    Is the plural of AZERA "AZERA" or maybe AZERI ?
    AZERAS just doesn't sound right.
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,290
    Is the plural of AZERA "AZERA" or maybe AZERI ?

Try "CARS".

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• boppert1boppert1 Member Posts: 1
    Yeah they told me they would sell me one for $5k over sticker...I told them they were smoking crack. I bought mine from Larry Miller in Peoria I actually got mine fully loaded with their add on crap (like charging for tint and paint protection which put sticker at $31) for $28k plus I got $2500 off for being an elantra owner and they gave me a kick [non-permissible content removed] deal on my trade. I would strongly recommend them.
    Supposedly I bought the first(or maybe second) black limited/ultimate in AZ which they had shipped from Tucson and they STILL gave me a deal.
    If Power is doing this then they are idiots. If I were even charged sticker price I would have walked out and bought the new maxima. And for a premium?...now your flirting with Acura TL/Infinity G35 territory...not good competition for an "economy" car
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Multiple boy Azeras are technically Azeri. Multiple girl Azeras are Azerae. Mixed gender groups are also Azeri.

:P
    Thanks, Pat! That's clear as mud! But now I know!
  • wamba2000wamba2000 Member Posts: 146
    We bought our Azera at Hyundai of Tempe, as we have a family friend in mgmt. Got the car for invoice less rebate. They have the "extra" sticker with the Hyundai Preparation Package for $1499 and I think a couple other worthless adds.

I know dealers add these stickers so they can elevate the price for financing, or to give the buyer some extra $$ toward a trade-in so they are not upside down.

If you ever watch "King of Cars" on A&E TV, they had a cusotmer that had a car that was $10K upside down and managed to turn him into a new Durango. He must be carrying at least 10-12K over market in his loan. Yipes!
  • zredsoxzredsox Member Posts: 90
    " On another note. I've done some dress-up to my grille using chrome adhesive moldings. I'll try to get a pic up before long. I'm thinking of making kits available if there's interest. "

I hope you seriously consider posting a picture of the enhancement you made to your grill.I would be very interested in seeing it as I would like to do the same to my Azera.

Also, could you provide us with some cost information on what you did and how long did it take you?

Thanks.
    High school Latin pays off every now and then! ;)

(PS - you know I'm just pulling your leg, doncha?)
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    Has anyone purchased the shop manual for the Azera?
    Is it well written and illustrated?
    Does it include information about accessories and audio system?
  • richwoodsrichwoods Member Posts: 53
    I bought 3 cars from them. GREAT service department.

Azera 12/17/05 :shades:
  • zentraudzentraud Member Posts: 6
    Dear Chilliwack, I'd like to thank you for introducing
    me to the hyundai suzuki service in capitol expressway. The moment I explained to a service manager there about my problem, he said that he had a similar customer before. He said that he will let the same mechanic to look into my problem... Anyway, to make the story short, I got my car returned today. Boy, what a huge difference. I am totally satisfied with their eagerness, willingness and honesty trying solve my problem at their shop. They even managed to clean my car outside as a complimentary. Like you said, that hyudai dealer and service department is truly outstanding. In fact, I was so happy that I even requested oil change on the same day. I do have to admit though, that I was kind of skeptical at first because other hyundai dealers returned my car saying it's normal. But this hyundai service explained thoroughly all the details of the problem my car had. Now, my car is running even smoother and quieter. And the sound is almost similar from left to right. It's a good feeling to have a reliable and professional service department around here in Bayarea.
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Member Posts: 1,134
    )) "Has anyone purchased the shop manual for the Azera?
    Is it well written and illustrated? Does it include information about accessories and audio system?" ((

Why not go to HMAService, register, and have a look-see for yourself? Hyundai's archived the shop manuals online for every model ever sold in the U.S. When you initially log on after registering, pay particular attention to the "Site Requirements" section - there're several add-ons necessary to display the graphics in addition to Adobe Reader. Those add-ons' links are highlighted so they can be accessed right from Hyundai's site for download and installation.
  • beachlizzybeachlizzy Member Posts: 5
    I live in Pt. Pleasant Beach, NJ and received a quote for a 2006 Azera for 25,995 not including tax and whatever else the dealerships charge. This offer is on an 2006 Azera with the Ultimate package. Is this a good price? Out the door would be about 28,400. What do you think anyone? Also, I read somewhere in this forum about buying an Azera which was built after a certain date (like April or May) because of the way the structure of the car was built. Does anyone know anything about this.
  • 54gradsteds54gradsteds Member Posts: 102
    Doesn't sound all that good a deal to me. I'm taking delivery of one with ultimate package, wheel locks, trunk mat and wind-deflector this weekend for $26,700----tax, title, etc. included. (Brown's Hyundai in Manassas, Va.)
    Glad you are pleased! Why not post your experience in our Azera Service discussion as well?
  • 54gradsteds54gradsteds Member Posts: 102
    p.s.

You can get a similar deal at FitzMall in Gaithersburg, Md. I just turned down the deal there yesterday only because I didn't want to make the trip to pick up the car.

Also, I was quoted a price of $26,767 OUT THE DOOR, TAX, ETC. INCLUDED) by Fred Beans Hyundai in Doylestown, Pa.
    Regarding that price, you'll want to check out what others are paying in the Azera Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion. Keep us posted!
  • beachlizzybeachlizzy Member Posts: 5
    I read somewhere on this forum to buy an Azera that was produced after April or May because they made some kind of improvements. Does anyone know anything about this?
  • moondog4moondog4 Member Posts: 39
    I was unaware that you would get better mileage after 3000 to 5000 miles of driving. Please tell me it is so - otherwise it sounds like marketing BS.
  • richwoodsrichwoods Member Posts: 53
    I was told by the service manager at a local Hyundai dealership that there have been instances of the rear screen containing gears that were not lubricated.

It has happened on 3 cars including mine - they are waiting on parts to come in to change mine out. :confuse:
  • plwilliamsplwilliams Member Posts: 96
    Since I've never heard those claims by a manufacturer I don't think that it's marketing BS. It's something that I've heard many owners of cars, not just those of Azeras, say for many years (maybe just hopeful thinking). My own personal experience hasn't been that, but it may be my personal driving habits so YMMV. After driving a Pathfinder for 5 years, I think that the 25-29 mpg I'm getting on the highway is acceptable.
    If the posted shop manual is infact the complete service manual, it is very limited.
    Every service manual that I have purchased in the past has been very complete and well illustrated, giving step by step instructions for removal, rebuilding and re-installation of all components.
    My rear window screen failed about i month ago.
    The replacement screen has to be brought in from Korea.
    It is still not in, although it was placed on a "priority" order.
    The same thing happened with another part that required replacement.
    The communication between the local dealers and the Hyundai part depot is very poor.
    It is my belief that the difficulty is on the corporate side, rather than the dealer.
  • wcw1wcw1 Member Posts: 44
    FWIW AZERA is a proper name. The plurals of most proper names are formed by adding s. If the name ends in s or z, form the plural by adding es.
  • stan1911stan1911 Member Posts: 12
    I prefer Pat's reply :P
    I am not an Azera owner, but am giving it a serious look. I took one for a test drive last week. The salesman drove it off the lot to show me a few things. I guess he didnt see the city police car at the light as he punched it, chirping the tires.
    The things that I recall was that the ride was nice and easy, with a big car feel, kinda Buick-like. My current ride is a 97 BMW 528i so the Azera's FWD would become familiar in time. The interior space was magnificent. The dashboard config is a smooth bulb, but considering all things in total, interior space, engine power, creature comforts, it's a secret bargain.
    It has most of the familiar niceties of my 528i. Its like a value edition of a BMW 745i. Unfortunately, the Korean engines are not as refined as the Japanese, but in time, I think they'll get a lot closer. Then Toyota and Honda will be in deep kimchee. A car the size of the Azera getting an EPA 28mpg hwy is not too shabby, tho to get it, you will have to be feather light on the gas pedal and be in the economy driving mode. Darn nice ride.
    Um, it was just a joke -- did you ever know any Latin? Think of alumna (singular for one graduate), alumni (male or mixed male and female graduates plural, alumnae (female graduates plural).

just a joke ... :blush:
  • stan1911stan1911 Member Posts: 12
    LOL, I knew it was a joke...
    Like when I got caught wearing summer tires this time..

link title
  • wcw1wcw1 Member Posts: 44
    Unfortunately, I had to take four years of Latin. I guess I was just being grammatically correct or a smart [non-permissible content removed].

Thanks Pat
  • lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    Hmmmmm, just how do you determine the sex of the car??? It could obviously make a difference. We may never know. ;);)
    Hmmmmm, just how do you determine the sex of the car???

Oh thats just to easy :shades:

• tibtuscanitibtuscani Member Posts: 46
    Hey i found this forum the other day i tseems like its dedicated to azera owners but many users but it would be cool if we can make it into a community site is www.azeraforum.com
    im a tibby owner and our site is really popular but we are buying a azera and its hard to find people to talk 2!
    )) "If the posted shop manual is infact the complete service manual, it is very limited." ((

Really... I have the feeling you may not've delved deeply enough to discover that the initially listed topics went to multiple sub-sections - in some cases three, four, sometimes more depths. But, perhaps I'm just too easily impressed. ;)
  • smams1smams1 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, my chromed wheels were a dealer option. They took the wheels off another car and sent them to a shop in California to be chromed. When those came back, they went on my car and my original wheels went to California to start a new cycle. When I did it (April 2006) it cost $750. I think they have since raised the price to over $1200 - but that is still way cheaper than anything aftermarket. Call Honda of Tempe located in Tempe, Arizona.
    Is of course determined by the location and number of fasteners (nuts) underneath! ((Too crude?)) :surprise:
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Member Posts: 775
    Take your buddies for a spin, do the pedal to the metal a couple of times, if one of them says "dude, this car's got ba**s!", then it's a boy :shades:
  • wamba2000wamba2000 Member Posts: 146
    Moondog, it seems strange, but I've had two cars that have noticeable improvements after a certain number of miles:

1. On a 2001 PT CRuiser, the performance and response from the engine (not known for being quick) improved noticeably when I went over 2500 miles.
    2. On a 2004 Honda Element, the mileage went up 2-3 mpg after 5000 miles of driving.

Can I explain why? No. Back when the PT was new, there was an online discussion about the ECU being set specifically so the driver couldn't damage the engine early in the break-in time.

I hope the Azera will pick up a couple mpg when it is broken in. With 1600 miles, it is getting 16.5 in town driving
    I know my mileage has improved. Now, whether it's because of my driving habits or engine break-in or just the fact the one tends to experiment more with a brand new car is speculation. I think it's a combination of all of these.
    The rear sunshade for my Azera was replaced yesterday at my local dealership.
    The replacement is a very tedious job.
    Battery must be disconnected due to air bag system.
    The rear seat must be removed. The side airbag system and all interior side trim from seat back must be removed.
    The rear deck trim including center rear brake light must be removed.
    The sunshade unit is held in place by about 6 bolts. Some of them are not easily reached. An air operated wrench was required for the removal.
    The reassembly was the reverse of the removal.
    The computer needed to be reset using the Hyundai code reader.
    There were no locations of the shade unit which needed lubrication.
    The mechanic who performed the replacement was very proficient and neat.
    The job took about 1 1/2 hours.
  • chilliwackchilliwack Member Posts: 189
    You are very welcome zentraud. I am glad they were able to help.
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    In reference to the gas mileage, to be honest...you don't have to be as miserly with the gas pedal as you might think to get good numbers. I just came back from a trip down to Florida (from Maryland). There was a total of 5 passengers (3 adult, 2 children) and the trunk was loaded completely with luggage for all 5 for a week. I would say I averaged between 75-85 mph (depending on the state I was in), with the A/C running and the MPG averaged around 26.7. I do believe that 28 to maybe even 30 MPG would be possible with a much lighter load and a reduced speed average of maybe 65 mph.

Also, word of note, I've now got just over 15K miles on my Azera and I am dropping the car off tonight for them to look at my sun roof to see why it's not seating flush when it closes. I'm also going to have them look at the issue with one side of the car being lower than the other (in my case I measured an 1 difference between the two sides).

Other than that, the car performed and handled the trip admirably. Everyone was pretty comfortable for the whole trip (12 hours) and from a driving standpoint, I never got fatigued or restless in the driver's seat. Granted, it's not a Mercedes, but...with a few refinements here and there, this car will be darn near perfect.
  • azeradaveazeradave Member Posts: 42
    12 hour trip...sounds like you went to Jacksonville!!!
  • rjribmrjribm Member Posts: 8
    I was surprised that more owners had not noticed that their cars were not sitting level. I have not heard back from my dealer yet.
    Mine looks level, but to be sure I just put a tape measure to both sides and from what I can tell, it is level :confuse: :confuse:
    Take it back immediately to the dealer and make 'em give ya' a lopsided one! ;)
    Yea, I definitely got screwed :lemon:
  • windycity7windycity7 Member Posts: 24
    U.S. to mandate more anti-rollover systems
    The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is set to unveil proposed rules for stability control that also will include testing standards for auto manufacturers.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14821623/from/ET/
    reports list luxury car makers having them.

Guess who also has it ? Hyundai Azera!!
  • jim101jim101 Member Posts: 252
    How about that, six months later, car sits level, nothing broken or failed, mpg above average, still has new car smell. :shades:

GM has stepped up from 3/36 to 5/100,000, Ford and Dodge should soon follow. Question is will the quality improve? :confuse:

FYI, KIA dealers can do oil changes, no warranty work. This may provide some convenience. :)

FYI, Changed tire valve caps from plastic to metal with internal rubber washers. Air pressure more constant over time.
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Nah...Orlando. ;)
  • obobobob Member Posts: 11
    Drove my Azera after dark for the first time and experienced the "shadow" to the left of the driver side fender.

I recall seeing several posts regarding this issue.

Is this common? How is it resolved?
    How is it resolved?

Don't drive at night.

Ducking and running