Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 VW Passat Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    madne55madne55 Member Posts: 12
    Hello! Looking for MF RV for 2017 Passat R-Line in MD for 39/12 and 39/15. Also, local dealer has a Passat R-Line listed for about $18,500 - is it possible to lease at that price or close to it? Thanks!
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,411
    madne55 said:

Hello! Looking for MF RV for 2017 Passat R-Line in MD for 39/12 and 39/15. Also, local dealer has a Passat R-Line listed for about $18,500 - is it possible to lease at that price or close to it? Thanks!

36 months is the sweet spot for VW leases - .00031 and 48% for 36/15; add 2% for 12K. $750 lease cash

For 39/15, the numbers are .00081 and 46%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    madne55madne55 Member Posts: 12
    Michaell said:

madne55 said:

36 months is the sweet spot for VW leases - .00031 and 48% for 36/15; add 2% for 12K. $750 lease cash

For 39/15, the numbers are .00081 and 46%
    thanks Michaell!
  • Options
    TemplarTemplar Member Posts: 8
    Hi, Could you please give me MF and residual for a passat 2017 se 36/18 in Fl? Thanks!
  • Options
    Templar said:

Hi, Could you please give me MF and residual for a passat 2017 se 36/18 in Fl? Thanks!

VW doesn't have an 18K allowance; 36/15 numbers are .00053 and 48%.

Check with your dealer to determine how VW addresses high-mileage allowances. Could be a per-mile surcharge.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    kar_freakkar_freak Member Posts: 148
    Hi! Looking for lease numbers on a 2017 Passat S for 36/12. Any incentives this month? I saw a December bonus for $1k in a post above, does this apply to TX as well? Any info on tax credits?

Thanks!
  • Options
    kar_freak said:

Hi! Looking for lease numbers on a 2017 Passat S for 36/12. Any incentives this month? I saw a December bonus for $1k in a post above, does this apply to TX as well? Any info on tax credits?

Thanks!

.00031 and 50%. $750 lease cash. No info on the $1000 bonus, but likely to be national.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bigtree3bigtree3 Member Posts: 36
    Could you provide the mf, incentives and residual on a 2017 Passat SE? I only need the numbers for whatever the lowest mileage lease is (7,500 miles/year is fine). I'm in the Los Angeles area. Also interested in any deals others have found for 36 month lowest mileage lease. One dealer has quoted me a mf of .00053 on a deal, which seems high based on other data here. If he's padding the mf for himself I won't be calling him again. Thanks!
  • Options
    bigtree3 said:

Could you provide the mf, incentives and residual on a 2017 Passat SE? I only need the numbers for whatever the lowest mileage lease is (7,500 miles/year is fine). I'm in the Los Angeles area. Also interested in any deals others have found for 36 month lowest mileage lease. One dealer has quoted me a mf of .00053 on a deal, which seems high based on other data here. If he's padding the mf for himself I won't be calling him again. Thanks!

.00053 is the correct MF for the SE and SEL trim levels. 51% for 36/10; not sure that VW offers a 7500 mile allowance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    destrondestron Member Posts: 1
    Hello! Looking for MF and RV on a 17 Passat R-Line for 36/15 in MN.
  • Options
    destron said:

Hello! Looking for MF and RV on a 17 Passat R-Line for 36/15 in MN.

.00001 and 47%. $2750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    morghead12morghead12 Member Posts: 22
    Got a quote on a 2017 VW Passat R-Line w/ lighting package, 36 month/10k miles a year, zero out of pocket for $277 a month. Sticker on the car is $26,210. They are also paying my remaining 3 Nissan Altima payments at $279 each and taking care of the $395 turn-in fee. How is this deal? I am negotiating between 4 or 5 different dealerships. Thank you.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422

Got a quote on a 2017 VW Passat R-Line w/ lighting package, 36 month/10k miles a year, zero out of pocket for $277 a month. Sticker on the car is $26,210. They are also paying my remaining 3 Nissan Altima payments at $279 each and taking care of the $395 turn-in fee. How is this deal? I am negotiating between 4 or 5 different dealerships. Thank you.

What is the selling price and/or adjusted CAP cost?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    borgus02borgus02 Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2017
    Looking for numbers for 2017 Passat R line/SE with tech package. 36/12 in Columbus, OH. Top tier credit. Any lease incentives? Thank you kind sir. 
  • Options
    morghead12morghead12 Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2017
    kyfdx said:

Adjusted Cap Cost is $22,643.68. I got them down to $268 a month at this point.
  • Options
    borgus02 said:

Looking for numbers for 2017 Passat R line/SE with tech package. 36/12 in Columbus, OH. Top tier credit. Any lease incentives? Thank you kind sir. 

.00001 MF and 49% residual for either trim
    $2500 lease cash on SE, $2750 on R-Line

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

kyfdx said:

Adjusted Cap Cost is $22,643.68. I got them down to $268 a month at this point.
    Looks like a very good deal, considering the $1200 they are putting towards your Nissan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

borgus02 said:

Thank you. Can you please provide the 12/24 numbers as well? 49% residual is surprisingly low
  • Options
    borgus02 said:

kyfdx said:

borgus02 said:

Thank you. Can you please provide the 12/24 numbers as well? 49% residual is surprisingly low
    Add 7% to residual for 24 months

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kg062380kg062380 Member Posts: 37
    Looking for the residual and money factor numbers for 12k per year/ 36 month lease in PA. I am looking at the various trim levels but I assume the residual is the same for all. Thanks!
  • Options
    kg062380 said:

Looking for the residual and money factor numbers for 12k per year/ 36 month lease in PA. I am looking at the various trim levels but I assume the residual is the same for all. Thanks!

.00001 MF and 49% residual for all trims.

$2500 lease cash for SE/SEL trims.
    $2750 for other trims.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    danilo_udanilo_u Member Posts: 12
    Could you please provide MF and residual for Passat SE 36/12 in CA.
    If possible for the VW Foreign business program.

Is the lease cash the down payment?
  • Options
    danilo_u said:

No info on that program.

.00001 MF and 49% residual.
    $2500 lease cash

The lease cash is a VW-to-dealer incentive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    egghead25536egghead25536 Member Posts: 9
    kyfdx said:

danilo_u said:

No info on that program.

$2500 lease cash

I just went to look at a Passat SE w/Tech. Think the msrp is 28815. If the dealer knows I am trying to lease, will they give me a selling price discount on top of the lease cash? Or they give you one or the other and pocket the other? According to Truecar.com, you can buy the Passat SE w/Tech for under 26k, minus the lease cash, add acq fee and dmv/title/doc fees and bring the total net cap cost to under 24k. Package it with 49% RV and 0.00001 MF and bring the total monthly to less than $300 including tax?

I think my calculation is correct. Do you know if dealers are willing to sell the car at deep discount and pass on the entire lease cash at the same time.
  • Options

kyfdx said:

danilo_u said:

No info on that program.

$2500 lease cash

I just went to look at a Passat SE w/Tech. Think the msrp is 28815. If the dealer knows I am trying to lease, will they give me a selling price discount on top of the lease cash? Or they give you one or the other and pocket the other? According to Truecar.com, you can buy the Passat SE w/Tech for under 26k, minus the lease cash, add acq fee and dmv/title/doc fees and bring the total net cap cost to under 24k. Package it with 49% RV and 0.00001 MF and bring the total monthly to less than $300 including tax?

I think my calculation is correct. Do you know if dealers are willing to sell the car at deep discount and pass on the entire lease cash at the same time.
    Can't speak to other pricing sites. Negotiate your best deal, then subtract the lease cash from it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Could you please provide MF and residual for Passat V6 SE w/Technology 36/12 in CA.
  • Options
    danilo_u said:

Could you please provide MF and residual for Passat V6 SE w/Technology 36/12 in CA.

.00001 MF and 49% residual. $2750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I've talked with a guy from a dealership and he said: "I just looked at the VW website and didn't see this offer for any Passats".
    I'm quoting a lease of Passat SE w/Technology. Could you please confirm the lease cash? Where is the dealership can confirm that?

Thank Kyfdx and Michaell for you help.
  • Options
    danilo_u said:

I've talked with a guy from a dealership and he said: "I just looked at the VW website and didn't see this offer for any Passats".
    I'm quoting a lease of Passat SE w/Technology. Could you please confirm the lease cash? Where is the dealership can confirm that?

Thank Kyfdx and Michaell for you help.

It's a VW-to-dealer incentive. It won't be listed on the website.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Received the following quote:

2017 Passat SE w/ tech package
    MSRP: 29215
    Sales Price: 23995 (including the 2500 lease cash)
    Acq Fee: 650 (capitalized)
    DMV fees: 115 (capitalized)
    Doc fee: 250 (capitalized)
    MF: .00031 (marked up from .00001, but sales price significantly less than other quotes)
    Term: 36 months/12k miles

monthly payment: 329.62, with only the first months payment due at signing. All taxes and fees capitalized.

Good deal? Would like to make a move soon if so. Thanks everyone. This forum is invaluable.
  • Options
    borgus02 said:

Received the following quote:

2017 Passat SE w/ tech package
    MSRP: 29215
    Sales Price: 23995 (including the 2500 lease cash)
    Acq Fee: 650 (capitalized)
    DMV fees: 115 (capitalized)
    Doc fee: 250 (capitalized)
    MF: .00031 (marked up from .00001, but sales price significantly less than other quotes)
    Term: 36 months/12k miles

monthly payment: 329.62, with only the first months payment due at signing. All taxes and fees capitalized.

Good deal? Would like to make a move soon if so. Thanks everyone. This forum is invaluable.

what is the adjusted cap cost, after all fees and taxes are rolled in?

No way to push for the base MF?

What state and tax rate is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Adjusted cap cost with all fees and taxes rolled into payment is 25734.81. This is in Ohio where my tax rate is 6.75%. I lobbied for a lower money factor, but then they would have to raise the price of the car, so this was the best they came up with. Please let me know if you think this is a good deal. Thanks a ton Michael. 
  • Options
    borgus02 said:

Adjusted cap cost with all fees and taxes rolled into payment is 25734.81. This is in Ohio where my tax rate is 6.75%. I lobbied for a lower money factor, but then they would have to raise the price of the car, so this was the best they came up with. Please let me know if you think this is a good deal. Thanks a ton Michael. 

I get the same payment (well, I'm off a penny, figure it's a rounding error).

If you're comfortable with the selling price, all looks good

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    borgus02 said:

That's the same car, and a similar payment to what my friend leased for in October. But, that was a 36/10 lease. Looks like you beat his deal by about $300 total.

Not bad.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hi,

Do you already have the numbers for February?
    Passat SE w/Tech 36/12k.

Thanks
  • Options
    danilo_u said:

Hi,

Do you already have the numbers for February?
    Passat SE w/Tech 36/12k.

Thanks

$2500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    wintersx866wintersx866 Member Posts: 21
    Any numbers for a Passat R Line running 36/10k for Missouri?
  • Options

Any numbers for a Passat R Line running 36/10k for Missouri?

.00001 and 50%. $2750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Just as information, I leased a 2017 Passat SE w/Tech, with 36 months and 12k miles for 299 + tax. I am in California.
  • Options
    danilo_u said:

Just as information, I leased a 2017 Passat SE w/Tech, with 36 months and 12k miles for 299 + tax. I am in California.

Congrats! How much due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

danilo_u said:

0 down payment, with 750 OTD (DMV, fees and first monthly payment)
    The cap cost is 24500 + 600 (dealership fees).
  • Options
    danilo_u said:

kyfdx said:

danilo_u said:

0 down payment, with 750 OTD (DMV, fees and first monthly payment)
    The cap cost is 24500 + 600 (dealership fees).
    That's a good deal

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    matthaneymatthaney Member Posts: 29
    edited February 2017
    What is Feb RV and MF for Passat 1.8T S?
    36/ 12k & 36/10k.... Thanks
  • Options
    matthaney said:

What is Feb RV and MF for Passat 1.8T S?
    36/ 12k & 36/10k.... Thanks

.00001 and 49% / 50%. $2750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jarkjark Member Posts: 91
    May I please have numbers for r line in Los Angeles. 2/12k 3/12k and 2/15k and 3/15k. Tier 1-3. Lease cash also. Thanks.
  • Options
    jark said:

May I please have numbers for r line in Los Angeles. 2/12k 3/12k and 2/15k and 3/15k. Tier 1-3. Lease cash also. Thanks.

.00001 MF and 54%/47% residual for 15K/yr
    Add 2% for 12K/yr
    $2750 lease cash

Tier 3 adds .00020 to the MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    amandasfamandasf Member Posts: 34
    I got a sales price on a 2017 SEL premium of $25,742.78 (that includes fees and registration).
    15k/36 mo and the payment is $337, including the 7% usage tax in my state with $2,000 down.
    But I am still considering buying it....
  • Options
    m3zd32016m3zd32016 Member Posts: 37
    What might the money factor, residual value, and any lease cash be for a 2017 Passat R (1.4 liter) in NC (12/36)? Additionally, I am willing to look in the greater SE, if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    m3zd32016 said:

What might the money factor, residual value, and any lease cash be for a 2017 Passat R (1.4 liter) in NC (12/36)? Additionally, I am willing to look in the greater SE, if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!

.00001 and 49% for all trims.

SE/SEL trims have $2500 lease cash; all other trims have $2750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    chr2379chr2379 Member Posts: 3
    What is the money factor, residual value, and any lease cash be for a 2017 Passat SE in MD? Would lease 36 months 10k miles.