Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Lexus ES 350

Comments

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Which post was that? I can't seem to find it.

I think I just typed in "Toyota Windom" into Google Images.
  • Do a search for Vince Burlapp, the site is The Hollywood Extra. Look for 2007 ES 350 not the Windom.
  • snowbirdsnowbird Posts: 120
    Thanks. Got it. January show at Detroit would be great. Can't wait.

Jchan2 - Your post of Windom was #132.
    Thanks for referring me back.
    I think I did just put it into Google Images (I typed Toyota Windom) and picked one that looked pretty good.
  • sortersorter Posts: 146
    Toyota never anouced where the ES350 is going to debut, why?
  • They don't announce anything until right up to the show dates. Frankly I'm shocked they announced in December the Camry and LS debuts for the Detroit show in January......We didn't get any announcements on the Tokyo show until almost the week before the show!

It appears that the ES may debut in Chicago on Feb. 8th, and that's an educated guess. Lexus is on the media schedule for a "world introduction" and the ES would be the most logical choice for a debut. I anticipate they'll make an official announcement shortly after or during the Detroit show.
  • sortersorter Posts: 146
    I think you are right blues. Too many new cars coming out from Toyota that it is tough to decide when to introduce what!

I looked at Chicago show's schedule also, it seems like Toyota is taking charge in Chicago with Jim Press being the speaker in the first day. Toyota also will introduce something, could be the next Truck.

Too bad, has to wait another month to see the ES350.
  • Toyota is taking charge because shortly they will be in charge....

Well we've waited this long, another month won't kill us but it's tough.
  • andy82471andy82471 Posts: 120
    I am surprised nobody has yet stumbled upon an unofficial picture of the 07 ES. The internet is full of pictures of the next Camry. Does anyone really know when the next ES is coming out. Is it in early Spring like the 07 Camry or late summer or early fall ?
  • bluesman3bluesman3 Posts: 202
    Supposedly this spring. Should the ES debut in Chicago as we suspect, I imagine we'll start seeing more spy shots as we approach the date.
    By the way, there are "unofficial" pictures out there, read back a few posts and you'll find out where to find them.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    There are some very heavily disguized spy photos (car covered in disguize front to back) and a bizarre computer simulated rendering that is likely false floating around.
    Kirstie will be sending you an E-mail shortly stating that you can't link to other forums or your privledges here will be revoked........
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    Sorry, Host I forgot about that rule Should have known better :(
    Thanks for the Pics. Wow the car is so extensively covered that it is hard to tell what it looks like. But if you notice the side profile, you see that it looks almost same as the current Camry/ES so I am thinking that the styling will be more evolutionary than revolutionary.
    I think you'll find the styling to be completely new and the only thing on the side profile that's the same will be the doors and or roof line. This generation is also longer than the last.

Make no mistake, while the DNA will be obvious this is a new design
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    Let us hope so. The current design looks too conservative. I hope it looks similar to the IS and GS.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    The current design looks ugly in front, conservative in back and nondescript on the sides.
    The previous generation looked better outside. The current generation looks much nicer inside.
    Maybe they can make the new one look good both inside and out.
    Well it will have the I Finesse look, that much we know. The interior only needs a new center stack / console and a telescoping column.

I'd bet money it's a push button start!
  • dvt56dvt56 Posts: 6
    Forget the telescoping wheel, push button start, etc. A major problem is that one cannot see the readouts on the LED display for the AC and Radio, during daylight hours. Even worse with sunglasses. Dangerous, and a total bother. Infiniti has much better instrumentation visibility. Hope Lexus fixes this or it could be a deal breaker for many prospects.
    Does anyone know if Lexus unveiled the 07 ES at the Detroit autoshow ? I am really looking forward to the official pics.
    Chicago would be a better bet- they are on the press list for a "world introduction" at Chicago.
    No more PCs for Lexus in Detroit, look to Chicago as stated above. Feb. 8th. at 9:15 a.m. CST.
  • I looked on the Chicago Auto Show web site I noticed under Production Vehiles the ES is listed but not the LS. Could the the LS be the "World Introduction" model?
    They just introduced the new LS in Detroit....

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Releases/View?id=TYT2006010801796

All indications point to Chicago. We should know something soon, they're bound to make a press release in the next few weeks.
    Chicago or NY. Does anyone have the press conferences for NY?
    If all the rumors about a March release date are correct, then NY would be too late for a debut. Even an April release would be too late for NY...

If they debut in NY it'll be May or June before they release the ES. However, they've just told us in Detroit that they have more debut info. coming on the LS in NY. I don't think they'll want to wait that long for the ES debut AND cram too much info. into the NY PC. Detroit and NY for the LS makes perfect sense, and so does the ES in Chicago.

My money is on Chicago.
  • lenscaplenscap Posts: 854
    My dealer showed me the confirmation sheet from Lexus that states the official on-sale date of the new ES is April 15. And he said the car will be introduced at the Chicago Auto Show (although this was not on the sheet).
    That would be great. That means the Camry and the new ES will be released at about the same time. But I wonder why Lexus hasn't released any pics of the new ES. The internet is full of the new Camry pics.
This discussion has been closed.