Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2017 Honda CR-V Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Everywhere, USAPosts: 126,124

Another post:
    would having a down payment decrease the money factor/real costs or just the same amount subtracted from monthly payments?

In other words, if I had to pay $400 inclusive per month for 36 months with zero down payment, would the monthly payment go lower than $372.2 if I put $1000 as down payment? If it doesn't go lower, then what's the point of down payment?

Lastly, I noticed that you mentioned the current program ends on 7/5, does that mean you recommend to wait for after 7/5 to lease? Would be there a dramatical change (>$300) in price?

Another post:
    would having a down payment decrease the money factor/real costs or just the same amount subtracted from monthly payments?

In other words, if I had to pay $400 inclusive per month for 36 months with zero down payment, would the monthly payment go lower than $372.2 if I put $1000 as down payment? If it doesn't go lower, then what's the point of down payment?

Lastly, I noticed that you mentioned the current program ends on 7/5, does that mean you recommend to wait for after 7/5 to lease? Would be there a dramatical change (>$300) in price?

A downpayment would lower it a little more than just reducing the principle, because the downpayment amount wouldn't be subjected to finance charges. But, that extra amount is very small, and there are other reasons for not making a downpayment.

The current lease program on the CR-V is not that great. Waiting until July 6th will bring a new program. It might not be any better, but it certainly wouldn't be worse.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Thanks. Still looking for answers on my prior post

Thanks. Still looking for answers on my prior post

Without the actual MSRP and selling price, we would just be guessing.

Edmunds Moderator

• kyfdx said:

Here are the numbers for EX AWD 2017 with $384 per month zero down:
    adjusted cap cost 28889.95
    residual value 17939.70
    Amount due at lease signing: 803.92 (including first payment of 384 and plates/other fees).

What do you think?

By the way, I know you stressed on having residual value static and don't change, However, I got different offers from dealers with different residual values. This dealer RV is 17939.7 as mentioned above, while other dealer RV is $18582.4! Both have the same monthly payments. Not sure which I need to go with then? Which RV would be better for me?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 118,338

kyfdx said:

residual value 17939.70
    Amount due at lease signing: 803.92 (including first payment of 384 and plates/other fees).

What do you think?

By the way, I know you stressed on having residual value static and don't change, However, I got different offers from dealers with different residual values. This dealer RV is 17939.7 as mentioned above, while other dealer RV is $18582.4! Both have the same monthly payments. Not sure which I need to go with then? Which RV would be better for me?
    It's possible the unit with the higher residual has a higher MSRP.

The dealer cannot modify the residual; it is set by the bank.

If you read back through the last few pages of this thread, I think you'll find the $384 is in line with what others have reported as their payment.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

residual value 17939.70

What do you think?

If you read back through the last few pages of this thread, I think you'll find the $384 is in line with what others have reported as their payment.
    Thanks! So which one I need to go with? Both offer the 384 rate but different RV rates.

Lastly, good to hear that $384 monthly inclusive is in line with others (though I couldn't find such posts). Based on your expertise, what's the lowest monthly inclusive rate you have seen/heard of for EX AWD with zero down payment?

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

residual value 17939.70

What do you think?

Thanks! So which one I need to go with? Both offer the 384 rate but different RV rates.

Lastly, good to hear that $384 monthly inclusive is in line with others (though I couldn't find such posts). Based on your expertise, what's the lowest monthly inclusive rate you have seen/heard of for EX AWD with zero down payment?
    I don't track individual deals, so can't answer your second question.

And, can't answer the first one, either, as something seems fishy with one of those quotes. If you can post the details of those deals, we might be able to explain what's going on, but otherwise we'd just be guessing.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• good_boy_1234good_boy_1234 Posts: 21
    edited June 2017
    Michaell said:

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

residual value 17939.70

What do you think?

And, can't answer the first one, either, as something seems fishy with one of those quotes. If you can post the details of those deals, we might be able to explain what's going on, but otherwise we'd just be guessing.
    Thanks. Here are the details for the EX AWD $384 per month including tax with zero down:

--Dealer one:
    Adjusted cap cost: 28889.95
    RV: 17939.70

--Dealer two:
    Adjusted cap cost: 27087.8
    RV: 18582.4

What's going on here? Which one is better in case I decide to keep after 3 years? Or these RV values won't be detrimental after 3 years?

On a separate note, in case I decide to lease a higher trim EX-L AWD with Nav, how much is the RV and how to calculate it from the percentage and MF you usually provide? State of Wisconsin

Thanks so much!!

Michaell said:

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

residual value 17939.70

What do you think?

Thanks. Here are the details for the EX AWD $384 per month including tax with zero down:

--Dealer one:
    Adjusted cap cost: 28889.95
    RV: 17939.70

--Dealer two:
    Adjusted cap cost: 27087.8
    RV: 18582.4

What's going on here? Which one is better in case I decide to keep after 3 years? Or these RV values won't be detrimental after 3 years?

On a separate note, in case I decide to lease a higher trim EX-L AWD with Nav, how much is the RV and how to calculate it from the percentage and MF you usually provide? State of Wisconsin

Thanks so much!!
    You don't get different residual values on the same lease term/mileage and the same vehicle.
    I'd guess one dealer is quoting 12K/yr and the other is quoting 15K/yr.

Do you have the MSRP of these vehicles? That's how you make sure you are getting apples to apples comparisons.

Edmunds Moderator

• lalit03lalit03 Posts: 2
    Is it difficult to get good offers for lease on Honda CR-V
    lalit03 said:

Is it difficult to get good offers for lease on Honda CR-V

At the moment, the deals are not all that great. They may get better later in the year.

• Just got a CRV EXL-Nav AWD.
    Cap cost: $30649.09 including nano care for paint protection interior and exterior and maintenance every 6 months
    RV: 19785.35
    Amount due at lease signing: 831.26 (including first payment)
    Monthly payment: $406 including tax (if I take out paint protection and maintenance, it will be $380 or less per month including tax).
    - No down payment.
    - According to the dealer, it's a losing deal for him.
    - I hope this is a good deal
    - State of Wisconsin

Just got a CRV EXL-Nav AWD.
    Cap cost: $30649.09 including nano care for paint protection interior and exterior and maintenance every 6 months
    Monthly payment: $406 including tax (if I take out paint protection and maintenance, it will be $380 or less per month including tax).
    - No down payment.
    - State of Wisconsin

Congrats! Looks solid from here, given how little out of pocket there is.

• Michaell said:

- No down payment.
    - State of Wisconsin

Thank you Michaell and kyfdx on all your help. Just wonder how possible for that dealer to go that low? Was he honest when said it was a lost for him even with adding Honda back push for selling many cars and a lower price than invoice?

Michaell said:

- No down payment.
    - State of Wisconsin

Thank you Michaell and kyfdx on all your help. Just wonder how possible for that dealer to go that low? Was he honest when said it was a lost for him even with adding Honda back push for selling many cars and a lower price than invoice?
    There is one universal truth about selling cars - dealers won't agree to a deal where they are losing money. Somewhere they are making money. Might be on the transaction, might be a volume bonus. We'll never know.

Not your issue to worry about their profit - go enjoy your new Honda!

• tostadastostadas Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    Hello

I'm curious what the current MF is in CA for CRV EX and EX-L (12k/36).

Is there a typical pattern where it tends to dip at a particular time of year?
    tostadas said:

Hello

I'm curious what the current MF is in CA for CRV EX and EX-L (12k/36).

Is there a typical pattern where it tends to dip at a particular time of year?

.00200 MF and 64% residual for either model.

No patterns.

Edmunds Moderator

• Hello,
    Can you guys help me!?
    I'm in the market for CR-V Touring 2017 for lease.
    Best price so far:
    MSRP $33,295
    New Offer: $30,489
    36mo. 12k per year
    0 down
    Zip 90723
    Can you give me a realistic payment?
    and depreciation in those 3 years.

• Hello,
    Can you guys help me!?
    Best price so far:
    MSRP $33,295
    36mo. 12k per year
    0 down
    Zip 90723

Not an expert here, but after extensive research on honda lease for CR-V EX and EXL, I won't expect anything less than $420 without tax zero down payment for touring AWD, not sure if others have managed to get lower rates

Hello,
    Can you guys help me!?
    Best price so far:
    MSRP $33,295
    36mo. 12k per year
    0 down
    Zip 90723

.00200 MF and 61% residual
    Adding $595 for the acquisition fee
    $402/mo.+tax
    1st payment and DMV/doc fees due at signing.

Edmunds Moderator

• shotforthshotforth Posts: 8
    Hello.

Just curious if you have the July lease numbers yet please. 36/15 EX-L with Navigation in Wisconsin. Hoping that .00200 MF drops off a bit this month. Thanks.
  • shotforth said:

Hello.

Just curious if you have the July lease numbers yet please. 36/15 EX-L with Navigation in Wisconsin. Hoping that .00200 MF drops off a bit this month. Thanks.

I just leased EX-L with Nav from Wisconsin. What's the best rate you got so I can help you? I am talking about AWD, zero down, acquisition fees included in monthly payment, and only DMV/doc fees and first payment due on signing.
    shotforth said:

Hello.

New program starts on Thursday. We won't know until then, or later.

Edmunds Moderator

edited July 2017

I just leased EX-L with Nav from Wisconsin. What's the best rate you got so I can help you? I am talking about AWD, zero down, acquisition fees included in monthly payment, and only DMV/doc fees and first payment due on signing.

Haven't gotten a rate quote yet because I'm thinking I'll forego the CR-V in favor of something that leases better. Wilde Honda in Waukesha is quoting $29,487 + $219 doc fee for AWD EX-L w/ Navigation. I haven't pushed hard yet though because it's going to come down to the MF which isn't negotiable. If the MF is still .00200 in July, I'll either wait another month to see what happens in August or go with a Subaru Forester.

Where did you get your CR-V and what were your final numbers?
    kyfdx said:

New program starts on Thursday. We won't know until then, or later.

Thanks. Will check back.
  • AnnettezAnnettez IllinoisPosts: 1
    Does the mf and rv change due to being upside down from a previous car?
  • honda_96honda_96 Posts: 7

Hello,
    Can you guys help me!?
    Best price so far:
    MSRP $33,295
    36mo. 12k per year
    0 down
    Zip 90723

Is the new offer amount what you were able to get the car down to? If so that's a good price! Where is this at? Trying to get that same model (Touring) for around that price (30k) in Southern California. 
    Annettez said:

Does the mf and rv change due to being upside down from a previous car?

The residual is fixed by the bank, but the MF can change based on your credit score. Being upside down should not impact the numbers, just the size of your lease payment.

(every $1000 upside down you are adds about $28/mo to the payment on a 36 month lease)

• rbirns1rbirns1 Posts: 276
    Are the July numbers out yet?
    rbirns1 said:

Are the July numbers out yet?

Yes.. which model, term and mileage?

Edmunds Moderator