Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra OWNERS: Rate your truck!

Comments

• 27jr27jr Member Posts: 22
    I took one for a drive before ordering a Tundra,
    the controls inside were to cheap. The truck is
    still too square looking they need to get into
    the more rounded hood like ford toyota and dodge.
    It's time to leave the past behind. By the way it
    was a fully loaded truck with leather still it
    did not inpress me and chevy owners are telling
    me of replacing trans and engines withing 90k
    miles. Read the chevy pages and see what they
    are saying.
  • trucksrmetrucksrme Member Posts: 381
    Speakin on the cheap insides of them trucks, here is what Truckin said on them tundras:
    Truck meets all fullsize specs but appears as a midsize truck. Inside the cab, it is even more noticable with a short, plain dash. The engineers should have attempted a midsize model, with rather than a fullsize. I was disappointed with the flat floor and tiny Tacoma door handles.

On them Silverados it had this to say:
    Excellent gauges and a comfy interior. The Silverado is a a pickup with a colorful personalilty and agressive performance.

As for your Chevy owners losin engines within 90k now, they sure be puttin lots of them miles on an engine that just came available within this last year now! Where ya been readin on this now? What topic? What post now? Only engine I be hearin on that heaved up belonged to a tundra.
    Good luck on this one now!
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Touche' on the 90K miles :-)
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    As anyone interested can see....the Tundra has shiv owners plenty upset. Why do you think their upset and constantly trying to badmouth the Tundra? You'll know once you drive it. It's simply an all around better vehicle. Just drive and compare.
  • rcoosrcoos Member Posts: 167
    I have had my truck (2000 Chevy Silverado) for about 3 weeks. We have put 1300 miles on it. NOT a rattle, vibration or any other so call "problems" with this truck.

I carefully looked at all four trucks. We were not to impressed with the Dodge Ram. The Ford was ok, but my wife really didn't like the design of it! The Toyota Tundra was a very nice truck. We liked the ride & handling. The engine had a lot of power, but one of the reasons that we didn't get the Tundra was the cramped interior. The downfall of this truck is the lack of space, both inside & in the cargo box.

I am very impressed with the Silverado. It is the best vehicle that I have ever owned & would purchase another.

You stated "You'll know once you drive it. It's simply an all around better vehicle. Just drive & compare". Well, you like the Tundra. That's great! It works for you!!! We like the Silverado much better. It has a better ride, we have the 5.3 engine (this motor rockets), the back seat can have adults in it, auto-trac transfer case, four wheel ABS disc brakes (standard), great power bucket seats, you can order a locking rear axle (unlike the Tundra), heated mirrors & rear defroster just to mention a few differences.

You also stated "Why do you think their upset & constantly trying to badmouth the Tundra". Well, I can't speak for others but I liked the Tundra & am not going to "badmouth" it. I think that it will give ALL the other trucks a good run for the money! I am very happy with my choice! A very, very happy SILVERADO owner!
    rcoos
  • tundrasaursrextundrasaursrex Member Posts: 49
    Glad you like your truck. Hope you have many trouble free miles. It's nice too see someone can voice their opinion without resorting to banal slams. Good on ya!
  • jq3jq3 Member Posts: 52
    Has anyone experienced any electrical problems with their Tundra? I've had my Tundra one week, tomorrow. Today I noticed that when I press the brake the left turn signal comes on?! It comes on like the rear brake lights. The arrow on the dash lights up too. First year production bugs I'm sure. The truck only has 215 miles on it. I take it in Monday morning. :(

And to all the Tundra basher, please I beg you keep your 'my truck is better" comments. Because for MY NEEDS my truck is best. I simply did not want a truck that was bigger. And if I do want one, it'll probably be a F-150.

They're all sweet trucks and NONE are perfect because 'WE' aren't perfect! So please be civil for once, I find the whole argument BOOOORRRRING and infantile for supposably grown men/women.
    I be watchin this one close now. Seems there be some fires on them toys as of late, take a look at that topic called that Toyota Tacoma Fire (Topic #1783):, could be wirin causein them fires on them ones too. Nobody be knowin for sure, and that factory be silent on that cause of these here mystery fires now. Could be ya got ya the wire shortin, this could start one but quick now. Good luck on this one now.
  • arkie6arkie6 Member Posts: 198
    Regarding the electrical problems, do you have a receiver hitch installed? If so, the hitch wiring could be the problem. The hitches are installed at the distributor or the dealer, so somebody could have goofed up and got some wires crossed. Just a thought.
    the receiver hitch. Nevertheless, it's going to the dealer Mon. morning.
  • redfox1redfox1 Member Posts: 42
    I just finished two weeks doing Census 2000 enumeration. I was working in an area where there were two to five residents in a 175 square mile area.A lot of this area has been in the same family since 1889 and a relative of that family is a wheel in Washington. I traveled just under 1500 miles during these two weeks and of that 1500 miles, 1000 of those miles were over gravel/dirt roads. Some of these roads had had no maintenance in over 5 years. A number of times I was only going 2-5 mph. I went up and down 10 to 45 degree rocky slopes and I was very concerned whether I could make it. This was an experience and a half for me. When I signed up for this census job, I never dreamed it would be this kind of an experience. Did get to see some beautiful deer . lots of jackrabbits, prairie dogs and more cattle and new heifers than I've seen in many a year. Am I happy with the performance of my Tundra? Yes! Do I think my previously owned F-150's would have performed as well? I don't know since I never drove them thru these conditions. But, I don't think so. Will I ever drive thru these conditions again? No! My census days are history. And , don't ever doubt the ruggedness of the Tundra!
    Trucksome and BLD, I'd love to see you bring your great Silverado or other GMC brands to Arizona and go over the roads/trails I took my Tundra over. I think you might have quite an awakening.
    So what was ya haulin on this great adventure? A few census forms now? Boy, that be the big haul now. Bet that tundra be "workin" them roads really hard for sure. We just be workin the farm with them Chevrolets now, not really "workin" em like ya did that tundra for sure. Yep, I be impressed for sure, ya really be haulin hard with that tundra now. Them yuppies just dont get it. Come on down to the farm now yuppies, we be showin ya what them trucks meant to be used for. Good luck on this one now!
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    You need to meet Markbuck. He lives in Arizona, above 7000 feet. He puts chains on all four tires of his '99 Silverado to get through mud/muck. You won't dare take a toy where he ventures.
    Trucksome, I was born and raised on a farm some 69 years ago so I am quite familiar with the hauling that takes place on a farm. The BS you hand out about all the great hauling you do with your pickup is pure unadulterated BS. Quadrunner, your ignorance of what is involved in enumerating a census area is very apparent. You are required to go up and down every road or trail where a vehicle may or can travel, and see if anybody is in that area.. There are a few good gravel roads in that area and those are the ones the ranchers use to go to town, even tho it's a 30-40 mile drive to get groceries. Your buddy Markbuck might use chains on all four wheels during the winter but not at this time of the year and he might also need them at times during the monsoon season. One of the areas I was in was at 8700 feet. I'd love to have him e-mail me where he takes his Silverado because my Tundra went thru worse areas than he normally encounters by a long shot.
    If ya be raised on that farm, then ya be knowin them forien trucks not be holdin up to the work on one now. And I aint talkin no ant farms now. Good luck on this one now!
    To my knowledge, there were no foreign trucks available 60-70 years ago for farm or any other type work in this country. When the VW-Bug hit this country in the early 50's , things began to change. Japan, France and Germany began to introduce a variety of vehicles. Slowly but surely the Big 3 began to upgrade and improve the quality of their units in an attempt to stay ahead of the imports. In 1978 I bought my first pickup, a 78 Datsun which I put just over 100,000 miles on it,but not on a farm. My farm days were long overwith. Later I owned several F-150's some of which I put over 100,000 on. When I needed a new pickup last year, I choose the Tundra.I now have over 13,000 miles on it including the 4X4 off-roading these last two weeks. I have no doubts that if I live long enough, I'll put 100,000 miles on this Tundra, and if I don't, my son will. A great truck! "Good luck on this one now"
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    I love when people miss questions either intentionally or not. I guess EVERYONE in those rural areas where Sanford and Son took the census owns new Tundras.
  • lemonjeep2lemonjeep2 Member Posts: 32
    After being a Jeep loser (Chrysler finally bought back our 99 Grand Cherokee under the lemon law. Close to 70 days in the shop in less than a year, great American quality control!), we are now oh so happy Tundra owners.

This truck is beautiful and FLAWLESS. Talk about awesome quality control. After much research, we decided that this truck was the best package for our needs. The other trucks offered other advantages, but were not as smooth as the Tundra. What a joy to drive.

I appreciate what the Big 3 trucks have to offer, and do not see any need to bash them. What amuses me though are one sided arguments, such as that from the infantile "trucksrme", who always shoots himself in the foot. Somebody get him a bottle to suck on. Always good for a chuckle, this joker seems to be a Chevy salesman with daily access to the internet. Either that or he is actually a tobacco farmer, proudly poisoning our children.

This truck will allow me to haul home the parts for my '59 Nomad restoration project. Anybody know of a cure for rust? Just kidding.
  • rushfan2112rushfan2112 Member Posts: 27
    After shopping around and comparing all four "big" trucks for many months, and convincing myself that I *should* spend 30K on a truck, I decided on the Tundra. On 4/6/2000 I bought my White V8 Tundra SR5 4WD Access Cab with TRD and towing packages and under-the-rail bedliner.

So far I have been *very* impressed. I'm sorry to hear that some of my fellow Tundra owners have had some problems. Just wanted to offer a positive post about the vehicle. My last vehicle was a Honda Civic Si, so I do miss the 30+/mpg, but the truck (obviously) offers so much more in terms of hauling, towing, etc. I could never go back to a regular car now.

The *only* embarrasment I have about my Tundra is that CHEEZY horn! What's up with that? I definitely plan to replace that horn with a real truck horn ASAP. It really takes a lot for me to press down on the steering wheel now - just too embarrasing to hear on a truck :)
    Yep, I be a tobacco farmer now. And yep, I be proud of it too. Posionin ya childern? It be the job of them parents too limit what that child does or does not do now. How ya figure I be responsible? That be typical of one as yourself. Pushin the blame away and onto someone else now. Good luck on this one now!
  • vocusvocus Member Posts: 7,777
    Your name should be "trucks ran over me". Why can't you simply talk in plain, understandable English? The "slang" talk isn't funny anymore, it's annoying as anything to read and understand. Talk like someone who has more than a Kindergarten level of reading. It would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
  • bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    I bought a Tundra Access cab V8 4WD in December. I have not had a single problem with the truck. It has been flawless. It is a blast to drive. The powertrain is very responsive and powerful. The V8 is a jewel - it sounds better the higher it revs. It also has an amazing amount of lowend torque. I find that I am always accelerating much faster than necessary.

The cab is amazingly quiet on the highway. I have a Nissan Maxima sedan that is not nearly as quiet inside. There is almost no wind or road noise - amazing.

I like the fact that it has a shorter wheelbase than the other full size pickups. It is still a large vehicle but is amazingly easy to park and maneuver in tight places. I test drove a Ford and although it was a nice truck, I much preferred the Toyota. I did not drive a Chevy because of its reputation for abyssmal build quality. Reliability is important to me.

The back seat is fine for kids and short rides for adults. I don't plan to drive the truck with a load of adults on long trips, so it is a nice compromise to have a lighter, shorter, more responsive handling pickup. It still outperforms the Big3 on acceleration, towing and braking. It is amazingly versatile.

Vocus: Don't let trucksrus bother you. In a battle of wits he is totally unarmed.
  • lemonjeep2lemonjeep2 Member Posts: 32
    I think that I got a handle on this bubbabonics slang thing after a bit of research.

"Y'all be eyeballin the size of that pumpkin now?"
    My head is so big it stretches out the neck hole of my favorite wife beater t-shirt.

"Tundra's are for yuppies". I can't read my calendar and I don't realize the eighties are over

"Chevy's got the haul in it". It's got the power to tow my trailer to the next mobile home park.

"Good luck on this one now". What chevy owners say to them selves when starting their truck. (also used on dates with their sister)

Aw hell, this is too easy, I can't keep this up. Seriously though, the comments about the Tundra's wimpy horn are right on track. I don't even want to give it a toot, so I am looking for an aftermarket one. Maybe a cool Dukes of Hazard horn (still love those Dodge Chargers). In EVERY other respect, I still love the Tundra, although the other trucks are cool to. Just not for me.
    Yep them ones be the belly slapper for sure. Here be some yuppieBonics for ya:

"My tundra be the best one ever, cuz them magazines be sayin so." be meanin: I be reachin for that lastest fad now.

"My tundra be the best size for me." be meanin: I aint admittin I paided 25% more for a littler one.

"My tundra got plenty of haul for what i be usin it for." be meanin: I cant even get me a hitch on that limited one, but I aint haulin nothin anyways.

"My tundra be the fastest one ever." be meanin: I be believein all that smoke that factory be pushin on me.

Good luck on this one now!
    Hooked On Phonics can work for you too!!!!! And it's only $29.95!!!
    I bought a Limited in April '00 and it came with a hitch!!!! Who started all this hitch nonsense anyway???

Informing people is great, but please have some sort of honor and DO NOT spread misinformation!!

One more time... MY TUNDRA, I BOUGHT IN ARPRIL '00 CAME WITH A HITCH!!!
  • ferris47ferris47 Member Posts: 131
    I bought my limited in October 1999 and it came with the hitch also.
    Got this tell from edmunds now:

DH Towing Receiver Hitch (All Except Limited)

So much for them limited ones and them hitchs now. This be the mystery for sure. Good luck on this one now!
  • tsopranotsoprano Member Posts: 15
    Just bought a new dakota quad cab with a 4.7 v-8.I absolutely love it.If you guys are looking for a new pickup with plenty of power you might want to consider one.It does'nt matter to me which one you pick but you'll be doing yourself a great injustice if you don't research this new vehicle.Toyotas have always been known for their longevity but this years Dodge just might make you think twice.No I don't work for Dodge I'm just trying to help.Out!
  • rattles33rattles33 Member Posts: 18
    I wish you ladies would get off the back of ol trucksrme. I think he does a pretty good job of 'tounge in cheek', and his effectiveness is evidenced by the hostile replies he's getting from all of you who have bought into the Toyota nameplate. Of course, then again, if I had realized I had just spent over 30k on a truck I really only use to put my clubs in I'd be upset too.
    Them tundras aint got enough haul in em for a load of clubs now. The word be gettin out quick on this now. Good luck on this one now!
  • bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    Trucksrus has himself a new groupie, Rattles33 (he must drive a chevy). Yee Haw!
  • rattles33rattles33 Member Posts: 18
    not a chevy, and not a ford either. Let's play 20 questions and you keep guessing, that is if you have enough time before you put the second coat of carnuba wax on the floor of your tundra's box.
    Your profile says you are shopping for a Toyota and drive an Oldsmobile.

I was just wondering why you people tend to resort to talking like you have no sense or criticizing each other. We are here to share the ownership and buying experiences of our cars and trucks, not slung mud. This is NOT Jerry Springer!!!
  • savvy4savvy4 Member Posts: 34
    I forgot, for those of you getting silly over the Tundra Limited not having a factory hitch offering, who cares! Most factory hitches are just mediocre anyways, so just find a good local truck outfitter and get one installed on your Tundra. Why's that so hard? The Limited is marketed as an upscale model, and many truck buyers who want a loaded truck probably won't use it for typical truck usage. There's plenty of big three truck users in my neighborhood that never put anything into the beds of their upscale trucks or even dare think of taking them off-road. To them, their 1/2 ton truck serves as a daily commuter.

One thing I see all the time is people buying 1/2 ton trucks for hard, heavy use. Why? You should've purchased a 3/4 or 1-ton truck, that's what they're for. A 1/2 ton truck isn't meant for really heavy use, so don't buy one and then complain how the rear bumper of your truck drags on the ground when your 10,000lb. trailer's connected to it. What's wrong with 'ya?!!!! Those types need a good, swift smack to the head. Who says a thorough beating can't help?
  • jmessjmess Member Posts: 677
    Bought a Tundra through Greenlight.com last
    week. Really nice truck made even nicer
    by the great price I got. I think the
    thing I like the most is the engine. It is
    one of the nicest V8s I have driven in a truck.
    The 4 cams really fatten up the midrange
    power band. It may not be able to haul as
    much as the big block trucks but it sure does
    a nice job for its size. I am looking forward
    to doing some medium duty towing with it after
    the breakin period.
    That's great you got a new Tundra! Must feel good to have such a great new truck! Like you said, "it may not be able to haul as much as the big block trucks", it's true. Toyota just hasn't offered anything in that segment of the market yet, and that's not their game. If they do offer a large V-8 option sometime, it would be interesting (or a 3/4 or 1-ton Tundra!).

There are those here that think Toyota meant for their truck to be compared with the heavier and larger-motored big three variants. But, the Tundra is meant to compete ONLY with the F-150, Silverado 1500, Sierra 1500, and Dodge Ram 1500 with their SMALL V-8 motors. To try to compare any of the large V-8 half-tons from the big three with the Toyota is wrong, it's not a proper match-up. That's like putting a 230lb. boxer in the ring with a 140lb. boxer; it would be no contest. Toyota never claimed their Tundra half-ton was meant to box with the 3/4 ton and 1-ton big three trucks!

In the proper class comparison, the Tundra that Jmess now owns is the finer of the bunch. Congratulations on your purchase, Jmess!
    That tundra dont compare too no big 1/2 now! Look too the facts on this:

Silverado tundra
    Max Haul: 9600lbs 7200lbs
    Wheel base: 152" 124"
    Max power: 285hp 245hp

It goes on and on now. I think jmess was referrin too them big3 1/2 ton ones now. Use your eyes, them pee-wee tundras dont compare too them "full size" big3 ones. Fact is the fact now. Good luck on this one now!
  • swede38swede38 Member Posts: 7
    Recently bought a Tundra V8 and a 27' Komfort travel trailer that weighs 6,250 pounds empty. Just took it on a week long trip from Las Vegas to Flagstaff, Az, then north through Navajo country and returned through southern Utah. We had the trailer loaded down pretty good with food, cloths and stuff. The Tundra did good. We were with a group of 19 other RVers, most of whom had moterhomes with big diesel engines, and we had no problem keeping up with them. The Tundra pulls the trailer at 65 MPH in third gear very easily. It did lug down into second gear on the steep hills going into Flagstaff (7,200 feet elevation) but second gear would quickly accelerate to 55 - 60 MPH. Nobody else in the group had a half ton pickup. 2 had F-250s with big block (460 cubic inchs, or something like that) and they did no better than the tundra on either gas mileage or on pulling ability. One of the F250s even had added an underdrive to his transmission. He claimed that this really improved his hill climbing performance but it cost about 2,300 bucks. I would like to have a bit more power but am happily surprised with the Tundra's performance.

DHS
    Another one comparin that tundra too a F250. That be the knee slapper for sure. Folks need to be usin that common sense on this one, or at least them eyes for sure. Dont make no sense comparin that pee-wee with a "full size" one now. Next thing ya know them folks be thinkin them tacomas be the same as them Macks. Good luck on this one now!
    Hey dare you kinfolk three-eyed tobacco boys! Good luck on your readin' skills dare! I think I clearly stated (for those that can read!) the Tundra V-8 is meant to compete with big three 1/2 tons with their small V-8 motors, even though you can get large V-8 options in the big three half-tons. If Toyota offers a larger V-8 in the future for the Tundra, then it might be able to play with the large V-8 motored big three's and be directly compared. I also clearly stated that Toyota never meant for the Tundra V-8 to be the equal of big three 3/4 tons or 1-tons at all.

But, as Swede38 clearly pointed out, on his real-world test of his Tundra, it performed so good that it even did as well as some F-250's that were being used for the same purpose as his Tundra. That undoubtedly says that the Tundra is a very strong, capable machine. If it can do well against a big-three 3/4 ton, then it can EASILY compete against the big three 1/2 tons that it was made to compete against. Swede38 used his story as a comparison, and I was glad to hear it.

Now, why does James Earl Jones or (trucksrme) continue to hang out here? He tries to amuse himself and obviously hasn't anything else to do. Good luck with those pile 'o bile Chevy's, 'ya here! Hope it doesn't nickel-and-dime you to death!
    Only the yuppie be thinkin on comparin them SD250 ones with them limited ones now. Ya cant even get a factory hitch on them limited ones, what that be tellin ya? Ya be the knee slappers for sure, with that yuppie logic ya got now. Keep on thinkin them tundras be as good as them SD250 ones, ya be gone soon enough, reachin for that next fad. Use your eyes on that compare, that be all ya be needin on this one. Good luck on this one now!
  • swede38swede38 Member Posts: 7
    I was not comparing the Tundra to the F-250. As Trucksrme says, that is an apple and oranges thing. All I was saying is that the Tundra will do things more significant than hauling someone to the office five days a week. My truck has to work or I will get rid of it. By the way Trucksrme, the first car I drove was a 1932 Ford Model A and I have been driving Ford products almost exclusively for the past 40 years. Oh, I did have a 47 Studebaker for a couple of years.

I just wanted to let the audience know that I towed a 6500 lb trailer 900 miles at altitude and the Tundra performed admirably. I only got 10 MPG on the trip but that was 2 better than the Fords got.

DHS
    Well, homer, I'm not a yuppie. I come from a total blue-collar family, went into the USAF (Desert Storm vet, thank you), got out and got an education. I know a lot because I've done a lot. One thing I know (the rest of the automotive-educated world knows it, too), every vehicle Toyota builds is AT LEAST excellent to best-in-class. You can't say that for the big three, whether it's cars or trucks. This Toyota excellence isn't something that just "floated to the surface" today. This is a fact that's been known for over a decade. You could only know or understand if you've driven extensively or owned a Toyota yourself. Don't cut down that which you have no experience with. I've owned Toyota and big three vehicles, as well as other Japanese brands. The big three's lucky to compete with the Japanese brands with any of their vehicles, except for the 3/4 and 1-ton class of pickups, in which the big three have the market cornered. Let's not even talk large SUV's, where Toyota's Land Cruiser shares the "best in class" spot with Range Rover the world over. You don't see Chevy Blazers out in the extreme boonies (that's not the SC mole hills) roughing it; no one with a brain would trust their life to a Blazer. The roughest back-country corners of the world get explored by Land Cruisers and Range Rovers; NEVER big three vehicles. You need no-compromise reliability when you're way out in the wilderness, and a Chevy just won't do.

Speaking of off-road, don't you know who Ivan "Ironman" Stewart is? He's been an off-road racer for 27 years, and he's been racing Toyota pickup trucks exclusively for the last 17 of those long 27 years. He's won more off-road truck races than anyone in his sport, all with the help of Toyota. He could choose any truck he wanted, but Toyota's his choice. Simply put, the Tundra's one of the best 1/2 ton pickups to come along in a while. Ivan currently races the Tundra, and Toyota will be releasing an "Ivan Stewart" signature model Tundra through their TRD division. Trucksrme, why don't you go over to:

<<A HREF="http://www.trdusa.com">http://www.trdusa.com&gt;

...to scope out the rad new Ivan Stewart Tundra. If you bought one, I might think you're an "ok" guy. Yea, I can admit the Tundra is a little smaller than the big three half-tons, but not by much. However, I don't have more rolls than the local bakery hangin' from my midsection or tip the scales at 300+ lbs., so the Tundra's plenty big enough for me (I'm not small at 6'1" 230lbs). I guess if I were a blimp with legs looking for a 1/2 ton truck, I'd have to skip on the quality truck (Tundra) and go for one with the most room. In that case, you could always modify an access-cab Tundra to drive it from the back of the cab, if you have that much girth to worry about. Heck, you could even add a topper and drive it from back in the bed somewhere, if you were that cushy. For folks that fit more "normal" dimensions and put emphasis on quality, silky performance, longevity, and resale, the Tundra's the one for the "full-size" 1/2 ton small V-8 class.
    In my post #160, "homer" would be "trucksrme". Swede38, in your post #159, don't you mean me when you refer to the apples to oranges comparison? Swede38, you clearly stated to me that your 1/2 ton Tundra works so well, that it basically does as well as the larger-class Ford F-250's that were along on your trip, right? To me, that says a lot about the Tundra. A totally new truck from the tires up by a company that's new to the V-8 full-size game and it's already being viewed as "best in class". You gotta' give credit where credit's due, and Toyota deserves a "high five" for their work and effort. I don't care if Hyundai or Volvo built the Tundra. If it's good, give it the credit it deserves. Some people feel that if it's a truck, it should only have a Ford, Chevy, GMC or Dodge emblem on it. Well, the times have changed, and they will change even more. Get used to seeing a lot of Toyota trucks on the road. Good luck to 'ya big three truckers now...'ya here!
    Best in that bottom of that class I reckin. Here be the top 10 now:

#1 Ford F series
    #2 Chevy Silverado
    #3 Dodge ram
    #4 Ford Ranger
    #5 Chevy S10
    #6 GMC Sierra
    #7 Dodge Dakota
    #8 Tacoma
    #9 Frontier
    #10 Tundra

So much for them best in class ones. Even them nissans be whippin up on them limited ones. Seen this before with them t100 ones, figure that factory smoke startin too clear on them ones now. Good luck swappin them ones for the next fad ya be reachin for. Good luck on this one now!
    Ya said this on them limited ones:

A totally new truck from the tires up...

Guessin ya not heard that pumpkin be from that peewee tacoma, that transfer case be outa that t100, and that trannie be outa that t100 now. Them tundras be sharin all sorts of parts with them peewee tacomas now, like trim, and such. So much for that "all new" one now. Just keepin the truth alive on them ones. Fact be the fact on this one now. Good luck on this one now!
    I can put it to you all this way. I would rather PUSH a Toyota on the side of the road than be seen driving a Chevy, Ford, or ESPECIALLY Dodge ANY day! I would not have an American car if my life depended on it. It's not because I hate the USA or whatever. It's because their quality is so sub-standard that it isn't even laughable. Their cars are junk! There is NO excuse for cars breaking down, rattling, and the like. This is the 21st Century, not 1900. Get it???

Good luck on this one now! (God, reading those words at the end of every one of those child-like, rediculous posts makes me want to GAG!!!). Anyway...
This discussion has been closed.