Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Just got it today: $22,948. My dad is interested in these cars, so I got him a quote. Is this a decent price for the SE model?
  • deeperbluedeeperblue Member Posts: 11
    depends on what options you ask for.
    for a base model with no options, it's an OK deal, not very decent.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    Hi Grad: Check Edmund's TMV for the Birmingham area. In CT the Azera SE, no options is about $900 higher than your quote (TMV includes destination).

Maybe there'll be rebates on the Azera in June!
  • salfanosalfano Member Posts: 2
    See alot of talk about doc fees .. what are they?
  • bsparks294bsparks294 Member Posts: 23
    Went to the Hyundai dealer today and wanted to check out the Azera. Before I could barely open the door, the salesman was already espousing the benefits and savings of buying the Sonata over the Azera.

Not sure why they are pushing me so hard toward the cheaper vehicle but that is the second time that has happened. Maybe it is because they have four Azera's on the lot and 84 Sonata's, I do not know.
  • king123king123 Member Posts: 14
    Bought a new Azera Limited with Ultimate package last tuesday. Had to wait til Sat. for the dealer to locate/trade for the car. Car is black with Beige leather and looks great. Paid $26,100 plus TTL could have done a little better, but dealership very close and negotiated free oil changes for life. Shopped the Avalon, TL and G35 and could not come close to Options/value/price. Overall a good experience. Only problem is I do not drive very much and I want to drive it
  • jlindjlind Member Posts: 9
    Edgar,
    I live in the Greensboro NC area. The best quote I have on the Limited Azera Ultimate package is $27,825 before Doc Fees and taxes. How does this compare to your price.
    Thanks,
    Jerry
    I would like to purchase the Azera with the Ultimate package (Pearl White, Beige Interior) Live in Greensboro NC area. Will travel for best price. My best offer is $27,825 before doc fee and taxes. I expect that I can do better, does anyone have any suggestions???
    Thanks,
    Jerry
    Price seems high but do not obviously know N.C. market (I am in Chicago). Did you try shopping on the internet? I did and got quotes of $26,100 and $26,199 (after 1K rebate) plus TTL (which would be your doc fee and taxes). I paid $26,100 plus TTL and the price was good on any Azera limited with ultimate package. My car came from a different dealer in a trade or something and the price was still honored. Only negative was I could not really negotiate the price further. But, I did get lifetime oil changes and I keep cars for 7-8 years, so that was something. So, my "two cents" is that $27,825 particularly after the 1k rebate is not too good at all on a list price of about $29,995 or so. From looking at other posts you should be in the mid to low $26,000 range unless your locale is different.
  • jhammjhamm Member Posts: 3
    I just started shopping and after doing a lot of research (Camry, Accord, blah, blah), I believe I've decided on the Azera. I'm a member of COSTCO (retail warehouse in Atlanta), and they have Auto Shopping help available. I entered my info and received a quote from a local dealer for $27,099 (Limited w/ Ultimate pkg). That's the best I've received so far but have not taken this quote to other dealers to shop them yet. I'll start that process probably next week. I'm hoping I can get one for between $26k and $26.5k given the competition locally. We'll see...
    I am a member of Costco here in Chicago, but frankly I never thought to shop there. As I mentioned I got my pricing from the internet (entered my zip code and it went to local dealers). I physically went to 2 dealers and they both told me the same thing, that their internet price was as low as they could go. The price of $27,099 would be good if it was before the 1k rebate, because I paid $26,100 after the rebate and before TTL. Maybe there is a greater demand in Atlanta than here in the Chicago area because I have only seen 1 other Azera in the last month. I also shopped the Avalon, TL and G35 and the Azera Limited was close in terms of features and way cheaper. By the way, one of my friends saw me park the car and thought it was an RL (he was not close enough to see the badge) Only real negative I have seen is the potentially low resale if you turn it over in a couple of years. For me this is a non-issue since I do not drive alot of miles and hence keep the car for 7-8 years.
  • windycity7windycity7 Member Posts: 24
    I had a fabulous experience with the internet manager at Gartner in Aurora IL. they pretty much gave their bottom line right off the bat - then there is nothing to really negotiate. Limited+Ultimate package $25,900 + TTL. when I test drove the car they were not pushy like at the Toyota dealer and made this the best buying experience I have ever had.
    Love this car - way better than my old Volvo and hands down better than Toyota Avalon. I get funny looks when I say I bought a Hyundai until they see the car! Sales are going very well - see article below. Go Hyundai!

Hyundai Reports 2006 Record April Sales
    FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., May 2, 2006 -- Hyundai Motor America today announced April sales of 41,025, a new record for the month. Hyundai's sedans continued to lead the charge. Azera sales were up 82 percent over XG350/Azera sales in April 2005, and Sonata sales grew by 46 percent over last year.
    "We are very encouraged by the strength of our sedans, with Sonata and Azera showing excellent growth over last year," said Mark Barnes, vice president, National Sales, Hyundai Motor America. "The combination of value and safety continues to resonate with consumers."
    All Hyundai cars and sport utility vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by The Hyundai Advantage, America's Best Warranty. Hyundai buyers are protected by a 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, a 5-year/60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty, a 7-year/unlimited-mile anti-perforation warranty and 5-year/unlimited-mile roadside assistance protection.
    Following is the sales breakdown for April 2006:

CARLINE APR/2006 APR/2005 Y2006 Y2005

ACCENT 3,491 4,022 8,256 13,269
    SONATA 15,716 10,790 58,587 38,931
    ELANTRA 9,121 11,271 34,906 38,106
    TIBURON 1,674 2,124 5,337 5,984
    SANTA FE 3,639 6,129 14,091 22,218
    XG350/AZERA 2,601 1,427 8,861 5,210
    TUCSON 4,657 5,195 16,849 17,252
    ENTOURAGE 126 0 126 0

TOTAL 41,025 40,958 147,013
    WOW, $25,900 is a great price. I have some internet feelers out now, but for some reason here in NC they are trying to get top dollar. What I don't understand is that several web sites show the invoice price of the Azera Ultimate at around $27,145, that means you are $1245 below invoice.
  • sundevilssundevils Member Posts: 100
    I just walked from my dealer due to what I perceived as a rip-off on the extended warranty. I have a quote of $26,000 plus sales tax, license, and registration for a Limited with Ultimate. I asked about the extended warranty and my sales-person was not allowed to negotiate on the warranty - this had to be done by the sales manager. He quoted me $1,995 for the extended bumper-to-bumper. I told him that I did not believe that was the retail price. I think I recall people on this board saying that MSRP for the warranty is $1,495 - I mentioned this to the manager and he immediately offered that price to me.

I walked and they didn't even try to stop me. What should I be paying for the extended warranty?
    I did not know they offered an extended warranty. Is this an extension of the bumper to bumper? Was your quote of $26K after rebate?
    Yes, the extended warranty is an extension of the bumper-to-bumper. However, the term bumper-to-bumper is a huge misnomer as there are so many things that are excluded.

My final price was $26,000 plus tax and license.
  • edsofaruedsofaru Member Posts: 31
    Jerry

I bought an ultimate package white azera From Universal Hyndai in Orlando Florida for $26,413 plus taxes, license and $400 dealer fee. I drove 160+ miles from my home to pick it up since the local quotes went from $28,800 up to $31,500.
    After reading some other postings it seams that some fellows are getting similar or even better prices.

Regards
    Edgar
  • chilliwackchilliwack Member Posts: 189
    The extended warranty (10-100 b-b) invoice price costs 629. A reasonable price would be 829. or so. I saw the price in the book myself. Good luck.
    So you actually paid $26,813 to the dealer for the car and then, of course, had to add the fees paid to the state.

i.e., your price was $26,800, not $26,400.
    Here in Denver, the dealers are giving a $4600 discount (including $1000 returning customer incentive, and military rebate). So that brings the car down into the $26000 range.

Not really sure which dealer to go to here in Denver. I have looked at the Azera several times and really liked it over the Camry and the Passat. Nice headroom and features.

Good luck, Brad
    I bought mine today from North County Hyundai in Carlsbad (north of San Diego). I'm happy to recommend my salesperson if there is a way for me to do it.

My sales price was $26,000 plus sales tax (7.75%), dealer documentation fee ($45.00), CA DMV electronic filing fee ($28.00), CA DMV fees ($229.00; includes license, registration, and numerous other way that the state of CA taxes its residents), and CA tire fee ($8.75; again, another CA tax) for an out the door price of $28,329.24.

Mine is venetian blue with gray interior. I like the beige interior more, but practicality rules out. I can't see the beige looking as nice a year from now.

Because it was a Sunday the normal detailing crew wasn't around; I have a work order for a full exterior detail that I'll take care of next weekend. Ditto with the EZ-Out, Auto-lock, and Limp Home.

I can't wait to tint - this is fine looking car.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    "I'm happy to recommend my salesperson if there is a way for me to do it."

Nope... no way to do it...

But, thanks for sharing your story and congratulations on your new car!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• averigejoeaverigejoe Member Posts: 559
    Edsofaru itemized the price and did a good job of it. Why chastise him? Have a beer. Relax.
    And $26,400 plus the dealer fee sounds like a good price too.
    Congrats Edsofaru!
  • stemmelinstemmelin Member Posts: 4
    Azera Premium with Withe Pearl
    CAD$38,840.00 around USD35,132 wow....plus 15% tax + registration...etc...
    It becomes over USD40,000
    I'm moving... :cry:
    Edgar,
    Was your price of $26,413+$400 dealer fee after the 1K rebate for previous Hyundai owners?
    Kyfdx,
    Where are you located, and what was your final price before any rebates and taxex.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Sorry, jlind, I'm the Edmunds' host, not a car buyer.. You'll have to read back through to find the post you are referencing..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Did you buy yet? Interesting that windycity paid $25,900 in Aurora, Illinois and I paid $26,100 in Glenview, Illinois and you are getting much higher prices in NC. The reason we are both so far below invoice of $27,145 is our prices are after the 1k rebate. I actually could have bought for $100 cheaper but the dealer was farther away. I bought at Loren Hyundai in Glenview which is real close. When I factored in free car washes and free lifetime oil changes, I figured I was way ahead. So the dealers here are really motivated to sell. To echo windycity, the internet price was pretty much non-negotable. My dealer experience was very good as well. I even ended up buying my daughter an 06 Elantra.
  • 54gradsteds54gradsteds Member Posts: 102
    I'm quite taken with the appearance of this car. It's just downright beautiful! BUT.....I am NOT happy with consistent reports of its 1960's floaty, Buick-like handling!!! Has there been anything announced by Hyundai which would indicate that a "fix" will soon be in the works? That, and a GOOD navigation system (something akin to that on the Acura TL), and definitely NOT the crappy system on the AVALON, would have me marching straight to my local Hyundai dealer, checkbook in-hand! Otherwise, it's one Hell of a car for the dough! Oh, and a backward-looking camera would be the final topping on the cake!
    Well, I took the plunge on Saturday and got the Azera. After looking at the 07 Camry XLE and others it came down to those two. After everything was said and done, I was able to negotiate a much better deal on the Azera and got it loaded. Paid $26,665 plus tax, tag, title fees for a total of $28,700. I thought it was a pretty good price for drive off. The local Toyota dealers wouldn't do much and gave me a lot of attitude when I tried. Kept saying how they couldn't keep them on the lot. So...I've been driving it for 5 days and love it. I just hope I can keep my wife's hands off of it!
    A few months ago I went on a test drive of an Azera with a friend of mine. (He's looking to buy out of a lease on a Mercury Mountaineer.) As the front seat passenger I thought the Azera's ride, both local streets and I-95, were a bit stiff...more so than my '05 Sonata, which I don't feel is floaty. Maybe it was the 17" low profile tires on the Azera. But the car handled well while both braking and accelerating on a curvy exit ramp.
    Take a look at those reports again, maybe they were testing the XG350L Hyundai. Last model year for that car was 2005. That car does have the smooth cloud-like ride of a mid-60's Buick.
    The Azera I drove had a firm yet compliant ride compared to the XG350L.
    But don't trust anyone's opinion on something so subjective as ride feel. Spend at least an hour or so in any car you are considering.
    You be the judge.
  • 54gradsteds54gradsteds Member Posts: 102
    Thanks for your responses, bhmr59 and averigejoe. I have indeed NOT test-driven it yet. But, keep in mind that the low-profile tires have a tendency to produce a choppy, hard ride at times, thus "masking" a potential floaty feel. All said, though, it is a subjective judgement, and a test drive is definitely in order...
    I have had my Azera Limited for two weeks now and took it on Chicago's expressways for the first time yesterday. I thought it handled very well. It was very quick on lane changes and tracked very well in our long circular exit ramps without much "lean" at all. So, I for one donot get the "floaty" ride criticism. I have owned a 300ZX and a Maxima and the Azera certainly is not as sport tuned, but I donot expect it to be a sports car or sports sedan either. Overall I believe it has good road feel and a good combination of handling /ride. I have seen a number of review and some reviewers comment negatively on the ride and others positively. So, I say drive it and decide for yourself because ultimately it is your car.
  • drummer13drummer13 Member Posts: 13
    Azera is on my short list. Went to a big Central NY dealer and was given a price of $26k for a Limited + Premium Pkg. Did the usual dance. But, not where I think the dollars will be in a couple of months. I'll gamble that the factory kicks up the money to dealers over the next couple of months. Thank you all who are putting price info on this forum. It has helped me, so, I am returning the favor.
  • gene22gene22 Member Posts: 34
    Took Azera out for test drive. Everyone loved this car. Very nice finish, comfort, etc. Was a bit concerned about long term value compared to past three Camry purchases. Went with lease deal though Hyundai. Worked out trade. Got to closing and OOPS! Numbers changed. Took them a long time to figure out what happened, but it was enough to nix the deal. Either they were too stupid to quote it right in the first place, or really slick when they tried the switch a roo at closing. Might have been a great car, but...
    Sounds like disgusting dealer tactics. How about posting the name of the dealer?
    Forewarned is forearmed. Since it is buyer beware, we buyers should help each other out.
    At least around Chicago, the price after rebate and before TTL should be $25,900 to $26,100 or so for the limited with Ultimate package. So $26k with the premium is not so good. Did you try internet shopping. That's where I have seen what look to be the best prices... pretty much no negotiations, but you donot waste your time either.
    This is my first time using on line resources in buying a car. I tried a site here, but received a response there were no participating dealers in my area. If you can send me a site or two, I would be most appreciative. I'd like to get under $25k + TTL for a Limited + Premium. Given the $ spread between Premium and Ultimate, that may not be possible until after July or August. But, I'm very interested in trying. My wife really likes the car...you know how that goes.
    Thanks, for the update. My best internet price here in Greensboro NC is $27,530 Limited with Ultimate package (White with Beige interior). How does this price sound to you? Have you considered having the dealer install window tint?
    Thanks,
    Sounds like you know what you want to pay. Go test drive the car you want to buy. Make sure it drives and looks good. Make your offer to buy in writing to the sales manager. If he won't sell for that price, try the next dealer.
    Will do. Thanks. P.S. - the same salesman called me this morning and opened by saying "I know we were close at $26k...." I immediately corrected him and said we were not close and told him I was looking for something close to $25K and believe I will get there in the next 30-60 days. He didn't say much after that. And, I am supposedly dealing with the #2 volume Hyundai dealer in the U.S. ! I'm much too old to take this personally...its just business. But, some of these sales folks just insist on still doing car business in the same "endearing " way that has earned them their rep.
    I forgot to include in my last posting this same salesman tried to low ball me when I was at the dealership by offering to take $25,250 to his sales manager. I knew this was part of his routine...he dropped to that after the $26k. Oh well, he's just trying to make a living.
    Jhamm,
    Was the price $26,665 after any rebates or was this the adjusted MSRP you negoiated with the dealer? Ps I got the same attitude from my local Toyota dealer, they seem to think they got all the answers.
    I'm a member of Costco here in Atlanta. I went thru them for a quote from one of the Hyundai dealers near by. I took this price ($27,099) to another dealer and asked them to beat it. After a little negotiating, I ended up with the $26,665. This was before local taxes and tag fees were added on. I still think I did pretty good. They were also the only dealer to get a shipment of the Azera with some decent colors (black, white, and aubergine). I ended up with a black one and LOVE it. :D
  • aspen4aspen4 Member Posts: 22
    Did this include the $1000.00 rebate that is
    now in effect? Sounds like a good price. I
    was going to offer $26,145, before I read
    your message,so I was close! The dealer here
    in Spokane,WA has six in stock.All were
    Limited/Ultimate.
    Guess the leasing option is out of the question since the deal is dependant soley upon the discretion of the dealer.
    It figures since the dealers were not honoring the Hyundai terms anyway.
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    Jhamm,

Your price is not good at all. You should get a price a few hundred $ lower than the invoice.

See the NEW car on ebay(limited with premium package)

MSRP: $28,995
    Invoice (destination included): $26,205
    sale price: $25,907 ($300 less than invoice)
    rebate: $1000
    buy it now on ebay: $24,097

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Gray-Gray-Azera-Limited-Premium-Package-For-L- ess_W0QQitemZ4641505066QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6262QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI- tem

Charles
  • aspen4aspen4 Member Posts: 22
    Just purchased a Limited/Ultimate Package
    today. Paid $26,145.Documentation fees about
    $150.00. State sales tax at 8.5% Out the
    door was $28,645.01. I think you can by for
    less as time goes on. Not to bad of a deal.
    did all negotiating on the phone.
    Golden Beige .The color is my wife's
    choice! Thanks for all the posts,and the
    prices paid.They were a big help. Purchased
    the car at Hallmark Hyundai,Spokane,Wa.
  • edsofaruedsofaru Member Posts: 31
    jlind

Sorry for the late response. This is my first Hyndai so I did not receive the loyalty rebate/discount. I did contact several dealers by phone and email in order to compare their offers. The lowest one was 160 miles from home and way much cheaper than the lowest local dealer offer.

I am glad to see that many others are getting similar or even better deals. I just hope that my and their experience help others saving some money.

Regards
    Edgar