Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Azera Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    seanmcculleyseanmcculley Member Posts: 4
    Haven't bought a new car in 15 years. Researched Azera heavily, took wife to car show in January, used a national internet company to hook up with a dealer, got a good price.

Now I am getting screwed: I noticed there was a flaw on the instrument bezel when I went to pick-up the car. The salesman (who handles the internet sales only) wrote it up, said he would contact my local dealer (the saleman's dealership is 60 miles from my house) to get the part ordered, told me to go to the dealer the following Wednesday. Wednesday comes, I call the local dealer, they've never heard of the dealership I bought from, never heard of the salesman and what’s more that part is not covered under warranty.

I call the original dealership back. They say they will call my local dealer and call me back. A week goes by. I call the salesman. They promise to drive the sixty miles out and either replace the part on sight or give me a loaner, take the car, fix it and return my car fully detailed.

I mention to them there is a rear interior light my kids discovered was not working. No problem, he says, we'll take care of it too.

A week goes by. I call him back. Oh, um, it's out of my hands, the service manager is supposed to take care of it. Service manager calls and wants to know who my local dealer is and what the local dealer said. Conversation ends. Another week goes by. Original salesman seems to not be answering phone.

I had a new Hyundai in 1988 and it was the most reliable car I had ever owned. As my wife and I had kids, etc, we outgrew the car and I donated it to an orphanage I had worked with in Honduras. After a half dozen unreliable Fords and Pontiacs, I said screw it. I saw the Azera in my car mags (I subscribe to five of them) and decided with the combination of price, size and warranty (along with my affection for my always-reliable 1988 Excel GL) the Azera was the best and only choice.

The dealership is doing everything possible to screw-up my faith in Hyundai. Headquarters in Fountain Valley gets a letter next. Why is EVERYONE involved in selling cars a dishonest [non-permissible content removed]? Is it really that hard to be an honest, trustworthy person when selling car? One of these days I'm opening my own dealership and doing it right.
  • Options
    jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Other than that, how do you like the car?

Waiting for the '07's.
  • Options
    seanmcculleyseanmcculley Member Posts: 4
    The interior is great, the engine has good punch, the transmission is smooth, the steering is too light, there are more vibrations coming through the steering wheel than I thought there would be, and the suspension porpoises too much. Car feels like it was dropped on it's front end (skittish). My 1987 BMW 528e handles better.

I asked the dealer how long he had had the car see if it was an errand car for the dealer with multiple uncaring drivers (57 miles on the ODO when we bought it) but he said he had traded for it and refused to give me the I.D. of the original dealership.

The one thing I think Hyundai is making a big mistake on is forcing the sunroof in the upper packages. I wanted the upgraded stereo (Inifinity?) with the sub-woofer and cd-changer, but couldn't get it without the sunroof. We ended-up getting a Limited with the std. stereo. We've already decided this will be a 2-3 year car. Hopefully, Hyundai will address the suspension and our next Hyundai will be a keeper.
  • Options
    arukisharukish Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    Is this price include all rebates?
  • Options
    drdonrsdrdonrs Member Posts: 164
    I'm picking up my Azera Limited with Premium Package and wheel locks. It's Pearl White with gray leather interior. I bought a 2006 Sonata LX from the same dealer in January. I am paying $24,643. This includes $1,500. rebate and last lease payment of $344. for a 2003 Acura TL.
    My experience with Hyundai of Westchester in Yonkers NY has been phenomenal and I dealt with the sales manager. After tax, registration and $67. worth of extra fees (state required) the total came to $26,738.55. Considerably less than other comparable cars. My Sonata has been a pleasure to drive (it replaces another leased 2003 Acura TL). My wife is not comfortable driving the Sonata due to her back, but I expect that the more plush interior of the Azera will make her feel better driving that car.
  • Options
    observer22observer22 Member Posts: 41
    $21,500 price advertised in the Sacramento Bee newspaper on Sat., Aug. 26. Ad stated there were 11 in stock.
  • Options
    smahssmahs Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up a brand new 2006 Black on Black Azera Limited for $22,500, plus tax, title, registration. Here is the breakdown

List Price (including destination charge): $27,495
    Sale Price (before rebates) : $24,000
    Rebate : $1000
    Extra Rebate for owning another Hyundai : $500
    Doc/Prep Fee: $259.99
    Massachusetts Title, Reg, plates $65
    Massachusetts Inspection Sticker $29.
    Sales Tax 5% (of sale price $22,500) : $1,125

Out The Door Price : $23,978.99

The car was the limited edition and it did not have premium or ultimate package (we didn't want either one of these). The car had 39 miles on the odometer when we picked it up.

I contacted about 10 Hyundai dealers in the NorthEast and went with the lowest price.
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    smahs, this is a sweet deal at $22,500. Does this price include leather and where did you buy in Massachusetts?
  • Options
    louie7louie7 Member Posts: 22
    bought the same config, $22500, plus TTL, they threw in leather proofing, you got a very very good deal, to get to $22500, I used college grad discount of $500.

tthru 3400 miles. average23 mpg
  • Options
    54gradsteds54gradsteds Member Posts: 102
    I live in Virginia, in the Manassas area. I would like to know the name of the dealership and and salesman's name, please. I came close to a buy today, but I believe that I will wait for a month or two to see if there are color changes, and I want to wait for the expected up-date on the rather primitive steering wheel radio controls, which I have heard are in the works for '07. Thanks. Phil
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,323
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    zredsoxzredsox Member Posts: 90
    Phil -

The forum host is limiting what information I can provide you, so based on the host's direction, the name of the dealership is West Broad Hyundai in Richmond, VA.
    I believe they have a web site as I went through their Internet Manager.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your quick response. I just sent an e-mail to them,referring to your message on this site (#146), and stated that I live in Manassas,so the long-term oil changes, free regular-scheduled maintenance, etc. that you were given as an inducement to purchase wouldn't be helpful to ME. That being the case, I said, then by how much would you be willing to reduce MY price for the same car? I'll let you know if they respond favorably.
  • Options
    Phil -
    The free oil changes,loaner car, etc. that I mentioned in my post #146 were not given to me as inducements to purchase. I didn't even find out about these things until 3 days after I had purchased the car. They had to go to a dealer in Greensboro, NC to get the exact car I wanted. So when I went back to the dealer to pick-up my car, that's when I learned about these things.
    I would imagine that you won't have much bargaining power when it comes to these items.
    Good luck and let us all know how you make out.
    I now have about 1200 miles on my Azera and I love it.
  • Options
    guestguest Member Posts: 770
    I am looking to purchase an Azera Limited with the Ultimate Package. Here are some quotes I recently received from dealerships around northern Illinois. MSRP of the car is ($30,080). All of the quoted prices below include the $1,000 Hyundai rebate, but they don't include TTL or Doc fees.

Dealer #1
    Quoted price: $27,204

Dealer #2
    Advertised price: $25,980

Dealer #3
    Advertised price for a DEMO: $22,495

Dealer #4
    Quoted price: $25,498

Would you consider these prices to be good or do you think they will get better? I'm thinking about waiting until Hyundai offers 0% financing or just wait until the 2007's arrive. What do you think?
  • Options
    My suspicion is that the prices are most likely pretty good. They might get better if the dealer has several Azeras, that you described, on his lot and needs to move them out or they might get better 3 or 4 days before the end of the month when the dealer is trying to make his month-end quotas.

I've never been a fan of 0% financing as usually there's too many "gotch ya's" associated with this deal.

As far as waiting for the 2007s, there can be some advantages to that at this point. The wait will be rather short as they probably will be out in the next 30 - 45 days. You would get the new "bells & whistles" with the 2007s like turn signal lights on the outside mirrors and better sound system controls on the steering wheel. The downside is the sales price will be higher that what you've been quoted for the 2006s and higher that what the sales price will be much later in 2007.

Sorry I didn't give you a definitive answer, but that's the way I see it here in Virginia.
  • Options
    jeffaljeffal Member Posts: 28
    Thanks for your input.

Can you tell me what "gotch ya's" are associated with 0% financing. I know that if I took Hyundai's financing I would lose the $1,000 rebate and any other rebates (since you can't have both) and I know you have to have excellent credit to qualify, but other than that I can't think of why 0% financing would be bad.
  • Options
    deeperbluedeeperblue Member Posts: 11
    Hyundai's giving out 1500 cash rebate now for 2006 Azeras. deals are getting sweeter if you could hold.
  • Options
    It's a good thing I waited a day. I bet by next month they'll raise the rebate to $2,000.
  • Options
    moondog4moondog4 Member Posts: 39
    What is a fair price for a Limited base model that lists for $27545 Any news about rebates or incentives for September? I live in the Mass / Rhode Island area and would appreciate info from people in this area if possible.
    Thanks - Ron
  • Options
    smahssmahs Member Posts: 3
    Ron -
    My post (#161) above lists a deal that we just got this week in MA. We paid $22500 for a Limited Base model (including rebate of $1000 plus owner loyalty of $500).

The dealership was Tom Hyundai in Norwood, MA.

Good luck!
    Regards,
    Steve

P.S. - Somebody asked if this included leather... the answer is Yes, all Limited's have leather.
  • Options
    hscharg1hscharg1 Member Posts: 6
    Yes. I got the 1000 rebate that Hyundai was offering as part of the price.
  • Options
    hscharg1hscharg1 Member Posts: 6
    Don't pay the Doc fee. It is negotiable. Just tell them you have other quotes that don't include it.
  • Options
    jcm68jcm68 Member Posts: 33
    I got the same deal @ Fitzgerald Auto Mall of Clearwater FL.
    I bought a Chrysler T&C for my wife last Wed. I was so pleased with their service, high trade in, excellent prices, and their no-hassle-no haggle-no pressure environment that I decided to trade in my 06 Sonata LX on Thu. I have 3 other Hyundai dealers closer to my house but they are not like Fitz. My father always said "there is a especial place in hell for all car salesmen". I guess not all of them....... By the way, on both cars (06 Town & Country and the 06 Azera they gave me a lower price than the internet price). They didn't have to...............they knew I went there ready to buy for the internet price and on both occacion the sales reps told me " hey Mr. Moya the price is even lower because the internet price doesn't include the loyalty discount. (First I traded a Caravan for the Town& Country and then the Sonata for the Azera). Now that is honesty! :)
  • Options
    bsparks294bsparks294 Member Posts: 23
    Here is Denver the $30,000 MSRP comes with a $6500 discount--so not too bad since earlier there was more like a $2500 discount. It is getting real tempting. Of course I can buy a 1/2 ton dodge 4x4 double cab for 30% off--the prices are getting lower every day.

Brad
  • Options
    americanamerican Member Posts: 16
    LET ME KNOW WHENimage
  • Options
    I was just told that I can buy an Azera SE with the premium package for $21500 or $22000 for an Azera Limited base model. Does this sound to good to be true? I am going to the dealer either tomorrow or Saturday. The prices on these seem to be tumbling down and I am sure they will cost less when the new models arrive. Does anyone have an idea when that will be? I will let you know I they are just jerking me arround.
  • Options
    wamba2000wamba2000 Member Posts: 146
    moondog, if you can get the Limited for $22000, it is a pretty good deal. invoice is around $24K, less rebate whichi I think is runnign $1500 on Azera, unless it has expired.

Not sure when the '07s are hitting the dealers, but the '06 models still are out in number in the Phoenix area. May be a while, I think the model changes information just hit the Hyundai web site within the last month.
  • Options
    Yes there is still a $1000 and $500 rebate on these cars. You won't see this on some of the car sites yet (Edmunds etc) but if you go the the Hyundai America site you can find out that info. (www.hyundai.com and click on Hyundai America). These are good until 10/2/06 and then I believe it will increase. The Azera is not selling as well as expected - It is a great car but a $30k Hyundai isn't going down very well.
  • Options
    It depends on how much you are financing and your credit rating - if you do the math you can see which is better for you.
  • Options
    I just read your post - I am new to this site, How many miles did the demo have on it that discounted that much?
  • Options
    beachlizzybeachlizzy Member Posts: 5
    I live in Pt. Pleasant Beach, NJ and received a quote for a 2006 Azera for 25,995 not including tax and whatever else the dealerships charge. This offer is on an 2006 Azera with the Ultimate package. Is this a good price? Out the door would be about 28,400. What do you think anyone, any suggestions? Also, I read somewhere in this forum about buying an Azera which was built after a certain date (like April or May) because of the way the structure of the car was built. Does anyone know anything about this.
  • Options
    hi jersey,
    Your price looks good.I got a quote of 25,500 in deco.,pa.I think I'll wait till oct.I've heard they may come out with a finance incentive. I like the green color what color were you looking at. :):)
  • Options
    beachlizzybeachlizzy Member Posts: 5
    I am looking at bright silver with gray interior. Very pretty. Do you know when the 07's are coming out?
  • Options
    Received a quote of $24,998 in the Chicagoland area for a 2006 Limited with Ultimate (MSRP $30,080).

Price includes the $1,500 rebate, but does not include TTL.
  • Options
    tibtuscanitibtuscani Member Posts: 46
    May I ask you what dealership did you get that quote from and did you buy from them are planning to buy?
  • Options
    the dealer told me they didn't expect to see any till nov..Of course he was trying ti sell me an o6.
    good luck :)
  • Options
    :) I just got a price on a base SE with mats for $20800 and with a premium pkg for $22000. I believe these prices are going even lower in October. These cars are NOT selling as much as Hyundai expected. I have driven them and they are great cars but there is a left over glut on these coming up. I think patience will pay for itself next month.
  • Options
    The quote was from Howard Hyundai in Elmhurst, IL.

If you send them an email they will very likely give you the same Internet quote and you could probably even negotiate a little lower.

I did not buy the Azera yet. I am thinking about waiting for the 2007's. Once those arrive I'm sure they'll go even lower on the remaining 2006's. I have only seen 2 Azera's on the road over the past year. It doesn't seem like a popular car in Illinois.
  • Options
    I have to agree with you on the prices coming down. I haven't even seen one that I can think of on the road I RI and Ma. The current rebate of $1000 is definitely going to increase next month. Hyundai is building a good car but as I stated previously that 25 to 30K for a Hyundai doesn't seem to be catching on.
  • Options
    floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    If Hyundai US doesn't do something to improve it's Customer Affairs department, they will never be able to compete with the luxury car manufacturers,
    The employees at Corporate as well as local dealerships know very little about the Azera.
    The affairs Department people even become slightly hostel when asked about features of the model.
    Their response time varies from slow to not at all.
    One might think that when a company introduces it's new Flagship model that they would make a greater effort to train their people about the car and it's features.
    Granted that the Axera is cheaper than it's compeditors, but price is not the only factor when purchasing a manufacturers "HIGH END' model.
  • Options
    I received an "out the door" offer of $27,300 yesterday via e-mail for an Azera with ultimate package, wheel locks, and wind-deflector... I immediately e-mailed back that the car in question (Sage Green/beige interior) was just what I wanted, but that they were $600 too high. This morning the manager called, agreed to an out-the-door price of $26,700, (Va./Prince William County sales taxes, DMV fees and dealer prep) included. Deal was the sweetest experience I've ever had. No wonder people do their negotiations over the 'net nowadays.
    Yesterday, checkbook open, pen-in-hand, I discovered that my local dealer was about to charge me an even thousand dollars more than the manager had agreed to less than a week before. Pay attention to the old law school caveat that in most cases, ..."a verbal agreement is not worth the paper it's written on."

The "Good Guy" dealership is Alexandria Hyundai, in Alexandria, Virginia...
  • Options
    bcareybcarey Member Posts: 1
    After a couple of Diamamte's I decided to take an Azera out for the afternoon and found it to be a really nice & ROOMY car. After getting a very good trade in on my car ($1,000 OVER GALVES BOOK PRICE AND ALMOST AT Kelly Blue Book VALUE) I was able to get the ultimate package down to $25,800. They did confirm that a new dealer incentive program on the cars just started and is based upon your dealrers volume. Go to your nearest LARGE VOLUME dealer and puch for the rebate. If i was not trading in the car I could have gotten it down to the low $25's.

Brett
    :surprise:
  • Options
    windycity7windycity7 Member Posts: 24
    You don't see many Azeras out there because they are not the high volume cars like Camry, Sonata, etc. see the Hyundai sales volumes comparison 2005 &2006 showing the ratio of Azera/XG350 vs Sonata. They are selling to those who do their research and buy a great car rather than a label on their grill. Going from Volvos and Lexus cars, this Azera is great!
    Following is the sales breakdown for August 2006:

CARLINE AUGUST/2006 AUGUST/2005 CY2006 CY2005

ACCENT 4,705 4,509 26,181 30,175
    SONATA 13,184 9,965 114,584 75,267
    ELANTRA 10,371 12,095 73,065 85,774
    TIBURON 1,861 2,227 13,095 14,906
    SANTA FE 6,838 5,475 39,054 52,511
    XG350/AZERA2,090 1,420 18,577 11,073
    TUCSON 4,368 6,422 36,065 41,275
    ENTOURAGE 1,218 n/a 5,254 n/a

TOTAL 44,635 42,113 325,875 310,981
  • Options
    tsa1001tsa1001 Member Posts: 6
    Just made a deal on Azera 2006 with the Ultimate package. 25700 after 1000 rebate (I do not qualify for another 500 as this is my first Hyunday).
    Dealership is Balise Hyunday in Springfield, MA. Noone in CT wanted to come close, except one place that was 500 higher. A few places in NY wanted to deal, but again, their initial quotes were WAY higher (as high as 28500+ sometimes). May be that's the usual way they do business?
    OTD is 27657 (includes taxes, $170 dealer fee, registration, new plates etc). Not the very best deal, but better than trip to Boston or Philadelphia.
  • Options
    tsa1001tsa1001 Member Posts: 6
    One more thing I wanted to add to my previous post -

Internet Manager at Torrington Hyundai in CT stated in e-mail today that their policy is to at least match any other documented deal. So, if you live in CT, and got a deal far away (e.g. Boston or Philadelphia), they will match it. That will save you a drive.
  • Options
    tibtuscanitibtuscani Member Posts: 46
    The lowest deal my uncle got in Chicago was 24,400+ taxes total was 27,100 OTD for the 06 azrea limited with ultimate pacakge
  • Options
    reeddvmreeddvm Member Posts: 3
    That sounds like a pretty good deal, can you tell me was that dealership that was?
  • Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    Hi!

Looking to buy 2006 Hyundai Azera with Ultimate package in Philadelphia suburbs. Dealer has a $1495 markup which they have itemized as "pin stripes, full tank of gas, and owner loyalty package". In talking with the dealer, they agreed to reduce that somewhat but claim that it is ultimately a "market adjustment".

Dealer was basically offering to sell a $29,995 Azera for $27,600 minus the $1,000 rebate. Then TTL and doc fees on top of that.

Has anyone dealt with this market adjustment issue before and how did you handle it? Any help would be appreciated. Don't think a market adjustment of any kind should be added to a Hyundai Azera!
  • Options
    grandeurtggrandeurtg Member Posts: 14
    I got Azera Limited with Ultimate PKG(Pearl White) in the early of last month.
    I visited the dealer shop(Mccafferty Hyundai, Phila suburbs) two times and finally they offered it for 27500 OTD.
    It had pin stripes, but I requested to get rid of it because pin color didn't match with White Azera. Also I didn't buy additional warranty.(it's about 800 bucks?)