Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2007 Nissan Altima

Comments

• flightnurseflightnurse Valley of HellPosts: 2,178
    We have a 05 ALtima SE 3.5 and it was VERY hard to get it with Side Air Bags, we had to wait 3 months.

Regarding the 06, who ever told you that you had to get a V6 to have ABS and Side AirBags wasn't telling you the truth.

Tony
  • I actually meant you needed to get an automatic transmission with or without the V6...my bad if I goofed.

I also answered my own question by going to the Nissan Press Site. Right now, they say that side & curtain airbags will be standard but ABS will be optional. Hopefully ABS will be easier to get than the old ABS/airbag package.
  • Any guesses on how much a 2007 V6 altima will cost?
  • Yeah that's what I was wondering, but I can't seem to find any information.
    Regarding the MPG on the new Altima, the Mileage on the Versa with the CVT isn't getting the mileage that Nissan said it was, I'm averaging 27 combinded city/freeway. I havent seen what the MAX is getting with the CVT...

Tony
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Posts: 1,134
    )) "...the Mileage on the Versa with the CVT isn't getting the mileage that Nissan said it was, I'm averaging 27 combinded city/freeway..." ((

There're too many variables with city crawling to get any meaningful fuel economy numbers. Think midtown-Manhattan gridlock at noon, midweek, versus Possum Trot at 9:30 A.M. on Sunday (with its one stop light) while everyone except the town drunk's in church... Try an extended freeway jaunt on a full tank where you can hold a steady cruising speed. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised.
    Ray, the best I have gotten on the freeway so far is 31, that is doing 70 with the cruise on.

Tony
  • gene_vgene_v Posts: 235
    The V6 requires premium gas. That negates a lot.
    Nothing is negated, gene_v. ;) According to both the 2006 Altima owner's manual and the 2006 Altima sales brochure, Nissan's VQ35DE 3.5L DOHC V6 engine only requires unleaded 87 pump octane gasoline. Unleaded 91 pump octane "premium" gasoline will allow for marginally increased power since the knock sensors will allow the engine management computer to advance ignition timing a few more degrees before incurring pinging. Nissan's published power rating was derived using 87 pump octane fuel.
  • Do we know whether the 6-speed manual transmission on the 2007 Altima will come with (perhaps as an option) a helical limited slip differential?
    ALL V6 Altimas and MAX's are SUPOSE to use Preimium unleaded, but the cars well run on regular Unleaded with decreased performance.. I have a 05 Altima 3.5 SE and we use Regular unleaded about 90% of time and so far no problems...

Tony :shades:
    Thanks! I guess one can't believe everthing one reads.
    Does anyone know if the 07 Altima will indeed have twin exhausts? Also I have not seen if it will have tilt wheel or telescoping wheel. TIA
    Forgot to say I4 on exhaust pipes.
  • guestguest Posts: 770
    and the 2007 Altima hav a similar profile IMO.
    No Nissan car has a true dual Exhaust, and I would have to assume that the 07 Altima will follow the 06 as having a X - pipe and then split to dual going back..

Tony
  • newcarsnewcars Posts: 103
    I just told someone to look at the forthcoming Nissan Altima Hybrid if they are not in a rush and find the Toyota Camry Hybrid "boring" to drive. Does anyone have any information on the Altima Hybrid beyond what's on the Nissan website?
    Nissan is using the same Technology as the Toyota as Toyota is making the engine and Electric motor for Nissan.

Tony
  • It seems that the fuel economy specs have been decreased. I remember seeing that the 4-cylinder MT was supposed to get 26 city/35 highway. Now the figures say 24 city/31 highway. Not as good as the Camry (24/34) or Accord (26/32).
  • But I think it might be a typo on Nissanews.com's part. If you notice a lot of changes have been made.

I looked up the specs on the new Altima and the 06 Altima. The gas mileage figures are the same. So what Im thinking happened is that Nissan put the 06 MPG figures into the 07 specs sheet.

Also, Nissan says all models will have dual exhaust, but the spec sheets states single exhaust (just like the 06)

If you also look at the spec sheet, there are discrepencies with the optional pkgs (A sports pkg for the SE that includes Fogs? Aren't fogs usually standard on "SE" models of Nissan's cars)

I also noticed that the "Convenience" pkgs are available for the 2.5 and NOT the 2.5S (the 2.5 will NOT be a big seller) Also, the leather pkgs are optional on the SL, when SL models have always come with leather. So...I'm not believing anything on that spec sheet right now. Especially when a lot of the things on it don't make sense.

I'd hope the Gas mileage figures that were first shown are the right ones. If not, Nissan is in TROUBLE.
  • those are definately the figures for 2006 because the new altima 4cyl at least shoud do better than 23/29 especially on the higway part. Somewhere i thought i rememberd a while back the the highway mileage would be 32 and then on the nissan spec sheet said the highway mileage would be 34 with the cvt.
  • newcarsnewcars Posts: 103
    My apologies if this has been posted before, and my apologies if I shouldn't post this here, but the following website has more good information on the new 2007 Nissan Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima

I have found this website to be very accurate and good. You may want to give it a look.

Also, I have not seen anyone say that the new Nissan Altima will have any type of stability control. If it is true that this will be lacking (and the fact that even ABS looks like it will be an option), then the new Altima is going to be severely handicapped coming to market. Indeed, my understanding is that ESD will be required on ALL new cars in a few years.
  • Regarding stability control - it looks like they may be offering it as an option on some trims.

See the blurb at:

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Articles/index.cfm/act/sneakpeeks/
    I can't find info on this feature for the Altima. The 2006 had manual. The Maxima (2007) has a electronic memory power funtion (option).
    Just how high a gamble is Nissan taking with the CVT. Afterall the Altima is a success. Is the CVT a slam dunk?
    Isn't this the same unit that's been in the Maxima for a year? Might wanna check out those discussions for owner response.
    Just checked the new 2007 CVT comments. Very positive.
  • per Wikipedia, more than 40 new cars are offering CVT's now. Nissan alone has over a million of them in operation already, mostly in Europe and Asia. It's not going to chirp you tires when catching second, but it's got some efficiency advantages, and it is smoother. A CVT costs a lot less to manufacture, and has lots fewer parts.

In this country, the Murano has had a CVT since its introduction. I don't think it's much of a technical gamble, but the market hasn't been tested like this before, that's for sure. I hope it works, and that it's a success - another 1 mpg for hundreds of thousands of cars is a good thing.
    I have a 07 Nissan Versa SL w/the CVT and I love it, I well NOT go back to a traditional Automatic transmission again. The smoothness of the CVT is great, you can really drink your coffee and drive with out spilling anything... We have a 05 ALtima SE which we will trade in on a 07 SE with CVT.. I am sold on it.

Tony :shades:
  • Finally, a benefit I can relate to: reduced coffee spillage. Glad to hear that you like (love?) the Versa. I like Nissan as well - I've had 4 so far...