Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Toyota Camry Problems and Repairs

Comments

• Options
    anmranmr Member Posts: 6
    Problems in Camry 2007 4 Cylinder by anmr Dec 04, 2006 (1:53 am)

Hello, I am living in Gulf Country, I was driving a Honda Accord and I bought my Camry Mid Range (GLX)last month, here the models are GL, GLX & SE. I have 2-3 questions :

1). While driving in traffic (slow moving), I found the Gear Shifting panel area(where the writings of Gear P, R, D etc) is getting heated, it is just in a small area but getting quite hot..!. There is no problem in normal driving. Can anyone advise me what is the reason, is it normal?

2). As they claim the new camry's suspension is improved and redesigned but I feel it is stiffened from previous model (I used to drive my brother's camry 2005), is that also normal?.

3) When driving more than 100km speed the wind noise and road noise are disturbing, can it be rectified?.

It would be very appreciated if anyone can reply authoritively.
    Matthew
  • Options
    terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    (1) Slow moving or stalled traffic generally heats the engine and transmission a great deal more than when moving, and the force of air cools things rapidly. I have noticed on several makes of vehicles that console mounted shift boxes are indeed "hot" in times like that.

(2) Generally, "improved" suspension means stiffer. That improves handling, especially around corners, but also increases "road feel" which most people see as harsher.

(3)Camry's are known for wind noise. Over 60 MPH (which 100km is, but most in the Gulf area use MPH) it certainly gets more noticeable. Try gently pulling down from the top of the door gaskets, out from the sides of them, with the windows down. Run them up and test drive it, see if that helps. Often the problem is the seal not being seated when you run them up after you hit speed, and the pressure inside isn't great enough to seal it completely.

On such a new car, the dealer should be equipped to handle the wind noise issue easily enough. You should also check the plate inside the driver's side door for the proper inflation level for your tires, not the side of the tire. Too great of pressure will greatly increase the road noise as well. ;)
  • Options
    gosmangosman Member Posts: 6
    I'm having the oposite problem with my 350 mile Camry. At about 20 miles an hour when breaking or slowing down, I can feel an abrupt downshift. It does not happen all the time, just part of the time. It is so minor but it bugs me. Is this part of just having a 6 speed transmission? The dealer is checking it out tomorrow. We will see what they say. Anyone experiencing this downshifting problem?
  • Options
    feelnscaredfeelnscared Member Posts: 1
    In reply to your response to the driver who suddenly had no problem when the temperature was only in 60's in Atlanta (message #1744).. I had the same thing happen to me with my 2007 Camry 4cyl. I live in south Florida and have had the hesitation problem since day 2 of my purchase in April. In October I went on a long trip up north and the temperatures dropped much lower than the normal Florida temperatures. On the 3 week trip in cool temperatures I had no hesitation problem. But the day after I arrived back in very warm south Florida temperatures the problem began again......weird?
  • Options
    anmranmr Member Posts: 6
    Dear Terry,

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. So I don't need to worry about this shift box heating. Althouhg I noticed no malfunction signal appeared and it does not affect vehicle performance when the box gets heated.

For the windnoise, I will do accordingly as you advised.

Many thanks again and best wishes.

Mathew
  • Options
    Don't be a stranger here, Mathew, and do let us know if anything improves. :)
  • Options
    drjamesdrjames Member Posts: 274
    feelnscared, yes it is very odd. That said, if your 'hesitation' issues have returned, may I suggest you visit the service centre and get the TSB applied. I used to keep a count here and another popular forum but stopped when the overwhelming majority saw the hesitation resolved. I stopped count at 57 resolved and 3 unresolved. As for the 3 who saw no or little improvement. Just a guess, but it's very possible the TSB wasn't applied correctly, there is a faulty piece (ECM, tranny....), or they just ended up with a lemon.
  • Options
    user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    that is a very important observation. maybe someone else can confirm if they've experienced it. i think someone wrote previously that the programming of the system tended to run the engine pretty lean, and that on re-application of throttle, the ECU was comming out of a purposeful lean situation.

when it's cold, i would imagine they'd run the engine a little richer based on air temp.

hmmm.
  • Options
    chuck28chuck28 Member Posts: 259
    Hello everyone, just wanted to update my car. After a valve replacement and a new transmission I still have the 3rd 4th gear RPM flare. It only happens after the car has sat for long periods usally in the morning or after work. It dosen't always happen but enough to know it's not normal.
    Does anyone have a fix?
    I also have the front ticking or rattle noise coming from my front dash/window area. I saw a TSB out on this and it look like a lot of work to fix this problem? Has anyone used this TSB?
    I have to say I'm not very happy with this product. I think Toyota is very over rated. This is my first Toyota and I'm considering selling it to get rid of the headache
    Buyer beware!
  • Options
    alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    I think Toyota would have done well to "fully bake" the Camry before releasing it ahead of schedule. That said, if you read through MANY reliability studies, from CR to JD Power, there is a general and inherent risk in any redesigned or new vehicle. Most Toyotas and Hondas of late, for example, the Avalon, the Odyssey as just two examples, both dropped from 'Much Better than Average' to 'Average' after redesigns. Note that it is rumored that Toyota has learned their lesson; the delay of the N/G Corolla has been delayed allegedly due to quality considerations.

~alpha
  • Options
    nissanronnissanron Member Posts: 17
    Re: your noise from the front dash/window area. I would suggest inserting a cotton make-up pad, or foam make-up sponge (or multiples of either) between the windshield glass and the dash plastic. I've done this on another brand 2007 car, and the noise has stopped. I now have to repeat the installation so the material does now show from the inside of the car. It may show a little through the bottom of the windshield, but I do not care.
  • Options
    Use a Sharpie and color it black. ;)
  • Options
    thirtyfordthirtyford Member Posts: 3
    I traded my 2005 Camry in on a beautiful 2007 Toyota Camry in August of 2006. I loved this car until the transmission started lurching slipping gears, going into neutral etc. at about 500 miles. I took it to the dealer and they acted like I was crazy when I explained the problems.They said nothing was wrong. Then I called the Toyota Corporation and they opened a case for me, telling me that there was indeed problems with the 2007 Camry transmissions. Suddenly the dealer found a problem with my transmission after Toyota corporation notified them that I had opened a case with them. After numerous quick fixes they finally put a new transmission in. They gave me the 7 year warranty, paid one of my monthly payments, loner car,just as they have everyone who has had problems with their Camry that have posted on this site. Initially I was told this was a 2007 Toyota Camry Transmission Gear Snap Ring Issue and by replacing the tranny with the newly designed tranny this would eliminate the problem with the car. About a week after the new transmission was installed (in September)the shifting was acting weird again so I complained again to Toyota. This time Toyota corporation had an engineer from Toyota sent down from Denver to Pueblo and bring another 6 cylinder so that we (my husband and I) could see that this was normal for the new trannies! After my husband drove our car and the demo car they both did indeed shift the same (both were not normal in my opinion), anyway the engineer convinced my hubby that this was ok and normal. Well about 3 weeks ago my newly replaced tranny started acting exactly like the old one did...gears slipping, slipping in to nuetral then slamming into gear again. I took it back to the dealer for the umpteenth time and the Sevice Manager just called me and indicated that I they would have to replace the transmission AGAIN!!!! The Serivce Manager said this newly desinged tranny they have been having problems with something called the brake drum??? So now we have a problem with the supposed newly designed replacement tranny in my Camry. I am so mad I could spit. I knew darn good and well that after the replaced the tranny the first time it wasn't right but the engineer convinced use it was ok.
    Any way I am now back in contact with Toyota corporation and waiting for them to call me back.
  • Options
    beantownbeantown Member Posts: 228
    The Serivce Manager said this newly desinged tranny they have been having problems with something called the brake drum???

That's an odd statement, considering:

1. The new Camry has 4 wheel disc brakes. No drums at all.

2. Brake drums have nothing at all to do with a car's tranny.

You either misheard him or they are really messing with you.
  • Options
    I questioned that statement from the Service Manager as well. But he said the tranny has something called a drum in it...??? Anyway Toyota just called me and we are trying to work something out.
  • Options
    I checked with the service manager's of two Toyota dealerships, 750 miles apart, and neither has heard of this problem. :sick:

In any event, sounds to me like you were treated more than fairly. Not excusing them denying the problem, but like I said above, two other service managers haven't either. They paid for your rental, extended the warranty and even made one of your monthly payments.

It is always maddening when mechanical problems hit us in a new car, but in my book they get A+ for going the extra mile in taking care of you, in spite of the initial trouble. :)
  • Options
    dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Does this mean with the new tranny you now have a 14 year extended warranty.
    :lemon: :sick: :P
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    Many dealers and representatives have told people they've not heard of any problems. The forceful convincing that the replacement transmission has no problem is what is aggravating the customer. And now she's got a car with a 2nd transmission replacement.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    Yes, I think I addressed that, saying there was no excuse for their initially denying there was a problem. Doing that only impacts negatively on customer relations, eh? ;)
  • Options
    Exactly! Granted they have tried to fix the problem the first time but did try and convince me the second time that things were all fixed! I am really nervous about keeping this car I would hate to have a 3rd or 4th transmission replacement! The casemanager from Toyota called me back this afternoon he stated that "the 2nd transmission (in my car now) was not the redesigned version and I was not given one with a fixed hub" (whatever that is) the service manager at the dealer said something about drums! I am totally confused. In other words they put the same ol tranny back in my car and I did not receive a redesigned one. The Casemanager mentioned three options to me. 1. Buy back the car - 2. Give me a new replacement car - 3. I told him I would think about a new tranny if he could gaurantee that I would not have any more problems and if they made 2 payments on my car. They have had it more than I have since August! He said he would call me back and see what he could get approved. Honestly the trouble of switching out to another car with the finance company and the license bureau would be a BIG hassle. For them to buy my car and payoff the loan means I have to go looking for another car. The best scenerio would be to give me tranny in my car that will perform normally (whatever normal for that tranny is).
  • Options
    So long as they extend the total warranty to make up for all the time you haven't had it, I would be confident about it being okay.

Although a pain in the [non-permissible content removed] for you, I can understand them, ignorant about the problem at the dealership, either because they aren't keeping up with the service bulletins (most likely) or never getting it, replacing the original tranny with another thats the same.

I imagine he won't have a problem getting approval for another payment, and of course, extending your warranty. You might ask him about getting you a future credit ($500-$1000) on a new Toyota in the future. They often do that as a customer service ploy. ;)
  • Options
    only you can decide what the best option will be for you, but at least the case manager appears to be willing to pursue a few for you. there's a reason to be hopeful.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Well I'm by no means a transmission expert, but I just had to have my Suburban's transmission rebuilt, as it lost Reverse. There is a drum in that transmission (I saw it), which is splined and houses the clutch plates.

I have not looked at my Camry Manuals to see if they have a break out diagram of the transmission, too much going on right now.
  • Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    "...weird?..."

No, not really, substantially cooler, COLDER, intake airflow will have substantially the same effect as switching to a higher octane fuel.

The dealers are recommending that owners experiencing the downshift delay/hesitation switch to a higher octane fuel to help alleviate the problem. A higher octane fuel will result in the engine being able to operate under load at a lower RPM, higher gear ratio, without knock/ping due to engine "lugging".

So in some COLD intake airflow instances, more "often" tha otherwise, the engine can remain in the (just previously) "upshifted" ratio, however briefly, when you reapply pressure to the gas pedal. Even a brief period of engine RPM above idle will result in a higher level of ATF pump pressure/flow and so now when/if the downshift does occur due to progressively heavier gas pedal pressure it will be smooth and "seamless".
  • Options
    Yes, other than the One-way clutches, all automatic transmission clutches are of the "drum" type, clutch plates inside the "drum". The clutch assembly used to "hold" the sun gears of a planetary gearset in "place" might very well be referred to as a "drum brake".
  • Options
    sbtattersbtatter Member Posts: 47
    I'd take the new replacement car, less hassle in the long run. Good news that they're giving you options....
  • Options
    toyotacarfantoyotacarfan Member Posts: 4
    I am having a heck of a time getting satisfaction from Toyota and my 3-month old loaded $30K Camry XLE V6. Immediately after I bought it, it had the 3rd-4th gear shift flare when cold, which progressively got worse (higher RPM flares). When I took it to the selling dealer, they said all was normal, and fed me nonsense about the new high-tech transmission needing to learn my driving patterns, and I was likely not enabling it to do so by not using premium fuel or driving in a consistent manner. So I took it to another dealer, which confirmed the problem and did the valve body TSB replacement.

After the valve body replacement, the flares occurred even after the engine was warm, and the cold engine flares were 1000 RPM in magnitude. On one occasion, when I pressed the gas after coasting momentarily and making a right turn at a busy intersection to go up a hill, the transmission refused to engage, and the car slowed nearly to a halt. After about 5 seconds of the motor spinning helplessly while the transmission was disengaged and while other drivers were swerving around me and honking angrily, I heard a "bang" under the hood, and the car lurched violently forward. I called the dealer, and they asked how many miles I'd driven since the valve body replacement. I said about 500 (the car was less than 2 months old, and had only 3.5K miles on it). The dealer told me that the transmission needs more time to learn my driving style, and that I should see if the problem goes away after a few hundred more miles. Being an engineer, I knew this was BS, and rhetorically asked the man, "If the transmission will not shift properly until driven by the same person for about 1000 miles, then won't every Camry that's just rolled off the assembly line and is sitting at the dealer's lot with less than 100 miles on it shift erratically during each test drive? Would Toyota design their cars so that they don't work properly until a thousand miles after they've been test driven by numerous potential customers?" He then told me to take the car in.

Prior to the next service appointment, the transmission went from bad to worse. The flares occurred during 2-3 and 3-4 shifts, the transmission frequently failed to engage when pressing the gas after coasting or after stopped at a light, and, when driving at a constant speed of 20-35 mph on a flat road, it would erratically jump between gears (seemed to be 2nd and 4th) every 5 or so seconds, causing the tachometer to pop between 2K RPM and 4K RPM every 5 seconds.

After inspecting the car, the dealer said I needed a new transmission, and ordered one. I called Toyota's Customer Experience line, and told them I wanted a new car. I said I'd read about numerous people having problems with repaired V6 Camrys, and people having problems with 4-cylinder Camry transmissions, so I wanted a Hybrid Camry (different drive-train). I also said that I did not think it fair that I paid a new car price for a car that will undergo major disassembly at a dealer and no longer be "perfect". Toyota flatly told me they would not do this, and that they were only obligated to keep fixing my car as long as it was under warranty. I then asked if they'd pay some or all of the cost difference if I traded the car in for a Hybrid Camry. Again, I was told they wouldn't do this, and that Toyota Corporate has no control over what my trade in would be worth or what I'd be charged for a new Hybrid Camry. The dealer working with Toyota Corporate then told me my new 2-month old Camry that cost me $32K was only worth $24.5K, and that the Hybrid would cost me $28K plus $1.5K tax. The dealer was sympathetic and courteous, and I understand they need to make a profit. I again called my Toyota Case Manager, and reitereated my request, mentioning that I'd bought *9* new Toyota/Lexus vehicles during the past 15 years, and that I'm losing faith in the company. The Corporate Case Manager conceded that I've been a "tremendous Toyota customer", but that all they can do is keep repairing my car, since it is under warranty.

This time, my car was in the shop 2.5 weeks, since the transmission was backordered. Prior to picking it up, I called the Toyota Case Manager again and asked if they'd buy back the car or pay the difference if I traded it in for a Hybrid Camry. Again, no luck. When I finally got it back, not only did it flare during the drive home, but I found that the dealer had screwed up my car:

* The paint on the entire roof and hood had faint scratch marks (like swirl marks, but straight) - someone had likely used a paper towel to wipe it off after washing it.

* Three hoses under the hood were just dangling next to the clips to which they were supposed to be attached.

* A plastic device on the air intake system had a big scrape on it, with a thin piece of plastic curling up like a partially peeled potato.

* Some plastic clips supposed to secure plastic in the wheel well were missing.

* The holes into which several screws went that were supposed to secure the plastic cover under the engine were stripped.

* A metal heat-shield that was supposed to be secured at both ends to a tube that ran near the hot exhaust system was only secured at one end.

* A black greasy scuff mark was on the driver side door sill, and a some black marks are on the center console next to the shifter.

* Clear grease marks (hand prints) were all over the passenger side of the dash board

* A piece of weather stripping supposed to be under the cowl (plastic under wiper arms) was pulled out 2" and snagged on a large bolt in the engine bay

* A grimy screwdriver lay in the engine bay that had the inscription on its handle, "There are no loose screws at Walter Johnson High School".

I am totally torqued at Toyota. This is the 9th new Toyota/Lexus car I've bought for myself or wife in the past 15 years, and will be the last ever unless they start putting customers first. Now I want to trade this thing for something else more than ever. :lemon:
  • Options
    Perfect example of why I would gladly TORCH any car before taking it to a dealer to have any major work done. Bad enough having to take it to them to reset the C-best options.
  • Options
    I have no idea where you live, but many States have "Lemon Laws" that kick in when major components have to keep being repaired. You should check your State's Consumer Affairs Department, or Bureau of Automotive Repair.
  • Options
    a screwdriver in the engine bay? oh, well, there's no doubt they'll be able to tell who worked on your vehicle.

i'd go back to the dealership and ask to speak to the owner and the service manager together.
  • Options
    ccostableccostable Member Posts: 55
    So much for the "high tech learning transmission". My wife has a 97 VW Jetta with an adaptive transmission that learns after the first time I step on the gas and it goes through 2 shifts.

At least you got a quality screwdriver out of the deal.
  • Options
    billwade1billwade1 Member Posts: 6
    My 2007 V6 has developed the dash squeak -- seems to be coming from where the dash meets the windshield, on both sides. Is there, in fact, a TSB on this? If so, please advise where I can find it. Also, I would appreciate it if someone who has solved this problem by him(her)self would explain exactly what you did (and what you used).
    Thanks.
  • Options
    dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    I got back a truck with a big ding on it and they claimed it was there when I brought it in. From this day forward I do a walk around with the service writter and he must sign on the repair form that NO dings, dents or scratches on it and for example if I know they are rotating tires we look carefully at the wheels for scratches etc. If any are found upon pickup they will pay. It's the only way I can see to do it as they sure aren't going to step up to the plate.
  • Options
    07xle07xle Member Posts: 177
    NV009-06 UPPER/LOWER WINDSHIELD TICK NOISE

9/18/2006

2003 – 2007 model year Toyota vehicles. 2004 – 2007 model year Scion vehicles.

If a creak, tick, or rattle noise is heard at the top or bottom of the windshield, the source of the noise may be the two windshield stoppers bonded to the top of the windshield or the windshield retainers bonded to the lower edge of the windshield. This bulletin provides the recommended repair procedure to eliminate these types of noises from the windshield area
  • Options
    silverstarsilverstar Member Posts: 56
    Hi, its me again.
    '07 Camry v6. 400 new miles on second transmission.

Mostly better. No flaring. A little hesitant. But it did completely slip out of second gear a couple of times about a week or so earlier. Fortunately this time it did not 'slam' back into gear. Also, when I start out after the car has been sitting for a few hours, the transmission slips (like when you ride the clutch) in 1st and 2nd. By the time it gets to 3rd. it behaves normal.

So, I have no faith in this transmission at the moment.

Plus it continues to engine brake (on full throttle lift) half the time and not the other half, and then unlocks tranny as my speed drops below 25mph; which changes the braking effect in mid-deceleration and I feel the car 'slip' forward.

What a royal mistake in buying this Toyota. This is my first and last Toyota.

Is there nation-wide recall around the corner? Please say yes.
  • Options
    gbabalukgbabaluk Member Posts: 70
    NV009-06 UPPER/LOWER WINDSHIELD TICK NOISE

9/18/2006

2003 – 2007 model year Toyota vehicles. 2004 – 2007 model year Scion vehicles
    This did NOT work for my SE V6. The dealer took both the top and bottom ones out and the "rattle" is still there. I believe that it is something to do with the Defrost vents and/or the 2 center air vents. The rattle sounds like HARD plastic.
    This started when it got colder outside and lessens when the "vents" become warm.
    Let us know how your dealer tries to fix it.
  • Options
    When you're driving and focusing on the road, traffic, and vehicle response, you're probably not able to do the sound sleuthing you might otherwise do if someone else drives while you sit in the passenger seat and move your head about.

Sound localization is a tricky thing and can be influenced by materials, seat location, interior structure, etc.

I'd have a spouse or friend drive and sit in the passenger seat. I bet you'll be able to get a better handle on the source of the noise then.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    I always found the sound is focused toward some areas by the shape of the windshield for example. Sitting on the passenger side I couldn't hear a sound that was like movement of dashtop plastic against glass but I could hear it int he passenger seat. I had the passenger apply pressure and movement to evoke a change in the sound and that helped me, rather than having someone else drive. (Turned out one was the windshield wiper on passenger side moving in the wind at speeds when it was parked normally and not moving if parked manually when cleaning the windshield. It sounded like it was inside the car and was a dash sound.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    camry07indycamry07indy Member Posts: 14
    Hi,
    Just to document the beginning of my 2007 Camry V6 transmission saga. :-)
    This afternoon, I called my Toyota dealer in Indianapolis. I explained to service the issue I had with my transmission's 3rd-4th flare. Told them that it does just like described in TSB TC008-06, except it only does it once after a cold start instead of for approximately 5 minutes as described. That it started at about 1200 miles, and at present with 2800 miles, it's gotten no worse, and that I avoid the flare by starting out cold in sequential 3rd gear, and let up on the gas for a moment to let it go into 4th smoothly. The put it in Drive and drive normally until the next cold start.

I asked him if he's seen much of this issue come in? He said he'd seen some of these transmissions that had some real issues, but he didn't elaborate on how much success they'd had fixing them.

He went on to tell me how I could expect the flare to "get better" as my transmission learned my driving style. (I'm only telling you what he said )
    Then he told me of taking a new 2007 Camry home to let his wife drive it, and she parked it in the garage and told him that this car's transmission "shifted funny" and she didn't like it. He said that so many people are having trouble getting used to the different way this new transmission shifts, but that there really isn't anything wrong with it.

Lastly, he asked me to bring my car in and he'd have a tech go for a drive with me to confirm that I likely didn't have anything to worry about.

This is just for the record.
    I have my own personal opinion about this, but will leave the reader to decide for theirself.
  • Options
    chuck28chuck28 Member Posts: 259
    Hello, I also have the window ?dash noise. It does seem to be worse in the cold weather. If you put your fingers between the dash and the window it seems to quiet the noise?
    This is very annoying problem. I read the TSB at a dealership and it seemed to be a lot of work. My dealership told me they never did any work like that.
    I can also say my second trans is not working properly.
    RPM flare, hard engine breaking, ect
    A recall would be nice?
  • Options
    joe540cijoe540ci Member Posts: 17
    What happned to the 2007 camry woes post?
  • Options
    210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    It's morphed into "Problems and Repairs." (Why not "Problems and Solutions" as for other cars?)
  • Options
    kenymkenym Member Posts: 405
    Problem was people couldn't stay on topic and the poor hosts had to do a little maintenance every day to keep the new format enforced :cry:
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Um, huh?? The "poor" hosts don't mind doing their jobs at all, I assure you! ;)

The problem was that people don't go looking for a discussion with "camry" and "woes" in the title, they go looking for a discussion with "camry" and "repairs" in the name. That's all there is to it.

That said, how 'bout we get back on topic?
  • Options
    pat,
    the question is valid one. it has to do with consistency. why should the camry have a problems and repairs discussion group, when many of the other vehicles have a discussion group with problems and solutions?

in fact, the Woes forum was named such i believe because of people having issues following the introduction of the model. there really weren't solutions being offered at the time for the shifting / hesitation problems people were experiencing.
  • Options
    Well, I'm the one who named it "2007 Toyota Camry Woes" and, in retrospect, apparently I didn't do a very good job of name-choosing. :-)

We are trying to make the names of our discussions easier to find when people do searches. More people will look for Camry Repairs than for Camry Solutions or Camry Woes (with or without the word "problems"); that's just a fact.

I don't want to derail this discussion any further. We have a new name here, but we don't have a new subject.

Everyone should certainly feel free to email me with other comments, but this is the same discussion as it was since it was first created. So let's just continue on with the questions, answers, issues, problems, repairs, woes, solutions anyone is having with their 07 Camry. :-)
  • Options
    jetjockgjetjockg Member Posts: 80
    Pat, Please leave camry woes in the title. There are certainly many woes because Toyota refuses to acknowledge any problem with their transmissions. If they would just say yes we have problems and are working on them, there would be some future hope about a resolution. As for staying on topic there are a handful of Toyota lovers on this forum whose sole purpose is to minimise the problems and to change the topic from serious to nitpicking little ones.
  • Options
    Maybe, just maybe, we need another, more esoteric thread just for those "major" problems with more non-specific causes, or causes unknown/unacknowledged by the manufacturer?

Doing that, the more "normal" problems and repair solutions are up-front, here, for newbies to find and read the already tried and true solutions, and these other two or three issues are by themselves, with the attendant topic digressions and in-depth give and take among our more advanced and technically-minded users..... ;)
  • Options
    The name had to be changed for the reasons I explained. Problems = woes, so it's not really different; it's just easier to locate when doing a search. It's still the same discussion with the same focus.

Again, we don't need to get sidetracked with this detail. Feel free to email me if you want to talk more about it, but meanwhile, let's carry on, please.
  • Options
    oracle_of_rockoracle_of_rock Member Posts: 58
    I have an 07 XLE V6 and love it to pieces BUT since the weather has turned cold here in Pennsylvania, I've noticed that when I start out cold there's an audible click sound that occurs only once prior to shifting out of first gear while moving forward. I can't remember this happening when the weather was warmer. It doesn't effect the way the transmission shifts, the way the engine sounds or accelerates, and it only occurs once during initial cold start.

Could this click have something to do with the anti-lock braking system? Vehicle skid control? It also has the push button start/keyless entry system.