Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2010 Hyundai Veracruz

Comments

• Options
    arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    The word is that the Veracruz has an MP3 input, although I'm not sure where it is located.
  • Options
    mrnicemrnice Member Posts: 14
    According to the rep I spoke to at the Toronto Auto Show the Veracruz head unit had an aux output on the rear. It is not accessible without work. He said the dealerships will be able to drill a hole in the glove box and have the wire placed in there.

If true I would be very disappointed. He thought it was great telling me I could put my ipod or whatever in the glove box. What a joke.
  • Options
    Perhaps the must speculated late release nav will have a better input. Although nobody has seen a production US spec Veracruz yet. Even the auto show versions are prototypes.
  • Options
    nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    The ipod would be nearly useless sitting in the glovebox if the connection is just an aux output, i.e. you won't be able to control the ipod with the radio, you'd have to use the ipod itself, and if that's the case then putting it in the glovebox would be pointless.

I know it's silly, but the lack of a NAV is really bothering me--it's a goodie I wanted to splurge on, and I'm not interested in an aftermarket add-on with wires running all over the place. Hopefully Hyundai will see the light in the 6 months or so (that's when I want to buy!)
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Kia is going the add-on route it seems.

This press release says that Hyundai is offering the Garmin nüvi 360 via their dealers, but that was 4 months ago. Hyundai is offering "Smartnav" in Europe (think On-Star, but with a touchscreen option). link
  • Options
    antoninbantoninb Member Posts: 49
    According to the rep I spoke to at the Toronto Auto Show the Veracruz head unit had an aux output on the rear. It is not accessible without work. He said the dealerships will be able to drill a hole in the glove box and have the wire placed in there.

If true I would be very disappointed. He thought it was great telling me I could put my ipod or whatever in the glove box. What a joke.

That's just plain silly. But given that the current Canadian Santa Fe doesn't come with anything better than a single CD player in the highest trim leve, I can't say that I'm surprised.
  • Options
    Some are saying that there will be a fall release nav system by LG/Hyundai available. I haven't really heard anything concrete yet.
  • Options
    mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    Fall? That far away? What is Hyundai thinking?!?
  • Options
    Either fall or summer. Summer would be better. Hyundai Korea cut alot of nice things off of the US Version that are offered in Korea. HMA has been trying for quite some time to get them to fund navigation for US projects. I actually don't think not offering nav right away is going to hurt the bottom line too much. This thing will sell enough units to be profitable regardless. The vast majority of vehicles are sold without navigation.
  • Options
    practicalpractical Member Posts: 53
    Just told by a dealer, Veracruz should be in the show room by 02/28, however, will delay for 2 months at least because the strike already going on for a month in Korea. They build it there.
  • Options
    simagicsimagic Member Posts: 84
    Does anybody have any "updated" info as to whether or not the Veracruz will be showing up with a NAV or not (and other goodies in the way of options). I've read the post about a teamup with LP but I'm still left with that question
  • Options
    prosource1prosource1 Member Posts: 234
    I am considering a Veracruz. I have owned two Pilots without Nav. Navagation is irrelevant and therefore expensive for those of use who live in suburbia. Until Nav is useful for me and doesn't take $2k out of my pocket, I'll tell automakers 'no thanks'.
  • Options
    Dear "prosourse1".....If the Veracruz comes out with the navigation ((("OPTION")))....you will "NOT" be "FORCED" to purchase that option. I guarantee you will be able to purchase a Veracruz "WITHOUT" the navigation ((("OPTION"))) and therefore "NOT" be taking 2K out of your pocket.....I, personally travel to many unknown destinations as well as many other people. So I will be telling them "PLEASE DO". If they do add that option, then both of us can be pleased. You can purchase it "WITHOUT" and I can purchase it "WITH".....Hows that sound to you????....If you choose not to listen to the radio when you drive, then is it o.k if they offer a radio to those who choose to listen to the radio when we drive?????
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the Veracruz will be at the N.Y. show ....and be able to be looked at...(see, feel,touch). Ya know,... NOT on the pedastal, but on the exhibit room floor?????
  • Options
    player4player4 Member Posts: 362
    Well, it was at the Chicago Auto Show so i dont see why they wouldnt have it out on the floor at New York, plus im sure that it will be on sale by the time that the NY auto show comes up so yea it should be.
  • Options
    dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    Well, it was at the Chicago Auto Show so i dont see why they wouldnt have it out on the floor at New York

Actually, the Veracruz was at the Chicago show, but it was on a platform. While you could crawl in it at the Detroit show, no such luck at Chicago. I was able to get a salesman to show me a bit though as I stood on the elevated part behind, but nothing beats climbing in yourself.
  • Options
    Whatever! and quit screaming with your caps. It's not that important. Hows that sound to you?
  • Options
    danf1danf1 Member Posts: 897
    3 models GLS, SE and limited front wheel or all wheel drive

GLS FWD $26,305
    GLS AWD $28,005
    premium package $1,950 includes: moonroof, power driver seat, heated front seats, leather wrapped wheel and shifter, backup warning system

SE FWD $28,005
    SE AWD $29,705
    premium and leather package $3,350 includes: moonroof, leather seating, heated front seats Infinity sound system w/cd changer and backup sensors
    entertainment package $1,600 includes rear seat entertainment w 8" lcd screen, 115 volt power outlet and conversation mirror

Limited FWD $32,305
    Limited AWD $34,005
    ultimate package $2,950 includes: adjustable pedals, memory seating, power tilt and telescopic wheel, entertainment package, rain sensing wipers, proximity key with immobilizer and lighted door scuff plates.

Sorry guys, no nav system yet
  • Options
    joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    Terrific pricing!!
  • Options
    The only thing that bothers me is that in the ultimate pkg on the Limited, you are forced to get the entertainment pkg which is dumb because not everyone wants a DVD player. My parents would like all the stuff inthe package except for the DVD due to the fact that we are all grown up and they dont need it. Other than that, great pricing. Now lets see how much the NAV will add up to...
  • Options
    loachloach Member Posts: 246
    The only thing that bothers me is that in the ultimate pkg on the Limited, you are forced to get the entertainment pkg which is dumb because not everyone wants a DVD player. My parents would like all the stuff inthe package except for the DVD due to the fact that we are all grown up and they dont need it. Other than that, great pricing. Now lets see how much the NAV will add up to...

I completely agree. Do I have to get a DVD system to get memory seats? That's a nonstarter for me.
  • Options
    Little confused.....For instance is the GLS AWD, $28,005... "PLUS"....$1950 for the premium package ..AND the SE AWD,$29,705..PLUS..$3350 for the premium and leather package....and the Limited AWD, $34,005..PLUS $2950 for the ultimate package.....OR can you get the GLS, SE, or Limited and then add on these any of these packages to either one of the vehicles. Also..the ultimate package is cheaper than the premium and leather????/
  • Options
    The packages are options of every trim level (GLS, SE, Limited) however, not every package can be put with every trim. That is why the packages are under each of the diff trims. meaning that, that is the package(s) available for that specific trim level.
  • Options
    Yeah, what he said.
  • Options
    wheelie1wheelie1 Member Posts: 21
    I'm slightly disappointed. :( It's clear that Hyundai is aiming at Mercedes and Lexus with this pricing and not the Pilot and Highlander. The pricing is fairly even and even higher in some areas than the Pilot. I acknowledge that the value is greater when you factor in features, horsepower, but matched to Honda's resale I feel the pricing is rather high especially with all the CUV competition out there. If I was in the market for a luxury vehicle, then I would probably be pleasantly suprised, but then again if I could afford luxury I'd prefer a Mercedes because I know I'd also get royal treatment and service. I can only hope Hyundai will be willing to deal after rollout and post initial hype.

Anyone else feel the same way?
  • Options
    joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    I'm pleased with the US pricing. I thought it would have started in the sub 30s range but 26K sounds great. It is still comparable with Highlander, Pilot, and the rest of the class. I hear the Highlander is likely to receive a price hike, mainly to move away from the overlap with RAV4. Pilot is a little while from debuting its next-gen.

While on the subject of the Highlander, I would rather get a RAV4 and bank the savings. The Tucson, Santa Fe, and Veracruz make sense as far as specs/price go, but I don't feel the same way between the RAV4 and the Highlander.
  • Options
    You'd buy a Mercedes knowing what you know about their track record and reliability?! Mercedes is becoming the brunt of jokes among enthusiasts and those who know autos. It amazes me that people are still drawn to this company despite the fact that Daimler continues to offer up gopher balls that possess the worst reliability in the market. I'll give you the number of one of my clients who bought one. He can verify that he was in the shop repeatedly for this car. And he paid $70k for the car. He coulda bought a $29k Azera that performs and is more reliable. My how things change.
  • Options
    csmabcsmab Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone know how much the premium black or saddle leather seating surfaces will cost? I believe all of the pictures from the car shows are showing the premium saddle color leather which looks very nice.

Thanks,
    CSMAB
  • Options
    Good point prosource with Mercedes. I was thinking less about car reliability and more about the upscale treatment from the dealer. Perhaps I should stuck with Lexus.

I'm still seeing Hyundai as a low price value company of 5 years ago, but the Veracruz signals the company's new confidence and goal to reach Toyota status. They have a ways to go but they are on their way. Joe97 says "It is still comparable with Highlander, Pilot, and the rest of the class". I guess I wasn't looking for "comparable". I was hoping for closer to a $3 or 4K savings as opposed to $1 or 2K. The base entry level model price is pretty good, but I'm interested in the SE and Limited with options and the price goes up fast with the options.

One more question, Is it me or are most of the new mid-range cuv's higher in price overall? I had been comparing everything to the Pilot and Highlander, but current models are old and rumors are hinting that the new redesigned models will be higher $. Is this trend due to inflation or simply that cuv's are hot? both?
  • Options
    Its an extra $250 with the ultimate package.
  • Options
    Pricing is coming up now because of all the standard equipment that either wasn't available or was optional just a few years ago. Stability control, side airbags, traction control, tire pressure monitoring systems, telescopic steering wheels etc....
  • Options
    nthenthe Member Posts: 414
    the base model pilot is about 1 grand more (plus you have to figure hyundai will have some rebates for it this summer), and you are more likely to get a bigger discount from a hyundai dealer than a honda dealer.

the base model highlander is less expensive, but it doesn't include 3rd row or a v-6 engine.
  • Options
    I don't really see the current generation Pilot or '07 Highlander as a threat to Veracruz sales. They are really just too small. When compared to the Limited Veracruz, a similarly optioned Pilot is $2k more. The Veracruz has a power tailgate, more horsepower and torque, better gas mileage, more room, heated turn signal mirrors, lit step plates, 10 speaker stereo, etc. Even a Limited Highlander has less standard options and a $1k higher price. Hyundai has really put this in more of the class of the Mazda CX-9 and Saturn Outlook, which it still beats out in price.

CUV's are hot now, but I think the higher prices have to do with all the new features that are being offered as standard now.
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The new, bigger Highlander with its 270 hp engine will be more competitive with the Veracruz.

BTW, I saw the Veracruz at my local auto show (on a turntable, but the doors were open) and it looked very impressive--certainly the classiest-looking Hyundai yet IMO.
  • Options
    What's up with the middle seat in the second row in the '08 Highlander? I understand it's supposed to be a neat feature to fold like that, but it looks very uncomfortable. The new Highlander is still smaller, both width and length, than the Veracruz, and the Veracruz was the smallest of all the new CUV's. Given the size of the new MDX, I don't think the new Pilot coming out soon will be to much bigger than the Veracruz either.
  • Options
    I haven't seen the middle seat of the new Highlander.

One thing I noticed on the Veracruz is that the rear cargo area is pretty small with the 3rd row up--smaller than I expected given the size of the Veracruz. It didn't seem much larger than the cargo area on the Santa Fe with the 3rd row up. Maybe Hyundai maximized the legroom for the 3rd row rather than the cargo space.
  • Options
    Autoblog makes this interesting statement:

"These unibody midsizers are seemingly the neo-family-wagon, so this segment is generating lots of heat right now. The Veracruz is in the same sandbox as the Mazda CX-9, GM Lambda cousins, Toyota Highlander and the like, but Hyundai's press materials call out more expensive models like the Lexus RX and Mercedes GL. We know this move, as Hyundai pulls it time and time again. The Korean company packs a model with uplevel content and more standard safety and convenience features than its immediate competition can match. Thus, customers are more likely to compare it with more expensive models and marvel at its low, low price. Genius, just genius. We're eager to get one in the Autoblog Garage."

Good points about the new standard features. Also clever marketing helps to make higher $ medicine go down easy.
  • Options
    It can get a little ridiculous, though, such as when Hyundai's marketing machine repeatedly compared the 2007 Elantra to the Acura TL. Now, Veracruz to Lexus RX... that isn't as big a reach.
  • Options
    The 2008 Highlander's 2nd row is set up like captains chairs with a little sliver of a seat that pops up out of the floor. It's a novel design, but it doesn't look comfortable at all. I couldn't seem to find a good picture of it other than the Toyota website.

The Veracruz has about 3-5 cu. ft. more than the Santa Fe. Most of the extra length went into the 1st and 2nd row, which slides giving the 3rd row a bit more room. The Veracruz is longer and wider than the 2008 Highlander, but is 9" shorter than the CX-9 and Freestyle. It is 10-11" shorter than the Outlook/Acadia. The new Acura MDX is about the same size. Where the Veracruz will show the greatest prowess is in parking lots, parallel parking, etc.
  • Options
    I have been an import buyer from the beginning. I have owned Honda's, Nissans and Hyundai's. All were very, very good. The Hyundai exceeded my expectations for durability and reliability. I owned a 1995 Sonata, that was crucified by auto mags and critics, but I'll tell you that it was one durable and reliable machine. My Maxima's, new G35x and Pilots have been impeccable. I have never considered even one domestic car, until lately, for various reasons.
    The Acadia is the only vehicle, domestically, except for recent offerings of the Cadillac CTS, Chevrolet Avalanche and Chevy Tahoe, that I have every considered from a domestic automaker.
    We can say what we want about the past, but in the here-and-now GM has brought it up from a 'C-' to their 'A' game. I haven't driven the Acadia, but walking around it and sitting in it in the showroom really altered my paradigm. I feel the same about the Saturn sedan, Silverado, Tahoe and Avalanche. GM is going to survive and thrive if they continue to offer vehicles like the Acadia/Outlook. I may buy a Silverado or an Avalanche. I priced the Silverados and they are serious value.
  • Options
    I agree that this is a much better offering by GM. I was just very dissapointed with the comfort of the 2nd row when compared to others. I guess I'm just too tall for it. With the optional moonroof, my head was millimeters from the ceiling. The seats in that row were also too close to the floor and a bit thin in the seat cushion. The third row had nearly as much room as the second though. I'd have taken a bit more room in the second and a bit less in the 3rd since the seats move, but I guess they didn't think of it that way. The CX-9 didn't have nearly the room of the Acadia, but it was a fantastic driver's vehicle, especially for the size.
  • Options
    ......Is it the largest in the 2nd and 3rd rows? Curious.
  • Options
    blindbatblindbat Member Posts: 15
    Two dealers here in Washington state have told me the Veracruz will be at their dealership this week.
  • Options
    The Veracruz has 1" more legroom in the 1st row, 2" more legroom in the 2nd row, and 2" less in the 3rd row than the Acadia. It gives up room behind the 3rd row for storage in comparison, but 11" worth, which is how much shorter it is than the Acadia.
  • Options
    dbtdbt Member Posts: 298
    For a FWD Veracruz GLS with MSRP of $27,120, the invoice is showing at $25,916
  • Options
    nxs138nxs138 Member Posts: 481
    That's not much of an invoice difference.

I still think that manufacturers are creeping up invoice prices. After all, everyone thinks that getting a car at invoice is a good deal, so it's to the manufacturer's advantage to creep it up.

Of course I have no proof of this, as I am far too lazy to do a comparison of invoice vs. MSRP prices throughout the years.
  • Options
    carcom2carcom2 Member Posts: 212
    http://www.hyundainews.com/Media_Kits/2007_Models/Veracruz/Specifications.asp

Cargo – Behind 3rd row seats
    6.5 cubic feet

Sante Fe Cargo - Behind 3rd row seats -10 cubic ft.
  • Options
    ruha99ruha99 Member Posts: 1
    I drove a Veracruz today about 10 miles mostly highway. Nice size and very quiet. It was a FWD basic model. Dealer said they don't know when they will be getting more, they just show up. I've been considering a Santa Fe but have been waiting to see the Veracruz. I think the third row seat on all of these mid sized SUV's should be an option. Then that space could be used for something else. That seat is really small on all of them. Just after that drive I drove a CX9 from the same dealer. It seemed to have better more supportitive seating and a little better pep. But it had more engine and road noise. Much more "sporty" feel. Quiet is really important to me so I'm still all mixed up.
  • Options
    Any idea when Edmunds will be doing their "first drive". Sure would be helpful & informative to us potential buyers
  • Options
    That data is incorrect. You can see that much from these pictures.

Veracruz

Santa Fe