Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ashay21ashay21 Member Posts: 6
    That is a good price. If it was me, I would target $39500 and sign the deal. The only dealer in North NJ would be Prestige or Difeo that might be able get you a better deal. I got mine from Bridgewater Lexus. Great service and I got a little more than 10% off MSRP.

What about the finance rate? Good luck on your search....
  • myonenickelmyonenickel Member Posts: 19
    Wow, did I get a deal--I think. Thanks to this blog. Someone mentioned great pricing at Watertown, MA. Someone else talked about getting $5K off MSRP. I was ready to go with $39900 I was offered but decided to call Watertown for the heck of it. The car I was looking at was 44,090. I asked if I could get $5K off. Salesman said, "sure, no problem". Final price including everything (dealer prep, destination, all the other charges they hit you with) other than sales tax and actual DMV fee, $39,060. AND they are delivering it to me in NY free of charge. How's that for sweet??
  • sgb2003sgb2003 Member Posts: 44
    That's a pretty decent deal - a little over 11% off the MSRP. Maybe I should give them a call too. I've been able to negotiate the price down by $4500 on a 41.7K MSRP car but the salesman is still trying to locate the exact color etc for me. Who's the salesperson you talked to?

Thanks.
    So I called Watertown Lexus, and they were offering me $2K off invoice for both the FWD and AWD. It doesn't include free shipping to my location or doc fees ($370 or so) but still an aggressive price. The only downside is the car has a bunch of extras I am not interested in but the salesperson said that's how the cars coming in are equipped now.
    In the end, the car Watertown was going to get for me from another dealer ended up being sold. Ended up getting just as good a deal at Westport CT. Check them out. They are hungry and thrilled to steal sales away from NY. They are also closer to NY/NJ.
  • tbartmantbartman Member Posts: 24
    sqb2003,

I just e-mailed Watertown Lexus to inquire about an RX350 AWD with packages giving a MSRP of about $48,500 and an invoice of $43,000 or so. They offered $3500 off MSRP (so $2000 ABOVE invoice). How did you get an offer for $2000 BELOW invoice?
    edited July 2010
    Not sure what the deal is, but be persistent. I didn't get a good response from Westport CT dealer even though others did, but I had a good response from Watertown. When I told them I was getting a vehicle at 2K below invoice they weren't interested in talking to me and said they weren't in the business of losing money. I am actually in the process of getting an even better deal than the one I got from Watertown from another dealership in the area. Will post the details once that gets done. Also, you have to talk to someone in order to get the best deal. Not sure if they give the best offer via email. Both Watertown and this other dealership gave me the offer over the phone.
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    edited July 2010
    Paid $42500 for RX 350 FWD MSRP of $47844. That is about $5300 off the MSRP or about $350 under invoice. I guessed the price is fair; not the best, not the worst, just fair .....

p.s. no trade involved.
    edited July 2010
    about to sign on an AWD MSRP around 44.2K (invoice of 40.2K) for 38K and $300 doc fees.
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    I keep reading about your "thousands of invoice", with all due respect I think you are pulling our collective chain...and your as well...no wonder the "deal" fell through in Watertown...you will never get "thousand below invoice" unless it is a stolen vehicle in which case "anything" is a profit....you do keep searching and I hope you do find that "miracle" and get to enjoy it with the best of health, but my friend don't be naive...I am looking for an awd RX 350 as cheap as possible, as evryone is, but I am also reasonable and your messages are anything but reasonable, just my 2 cents.
    I wonder what others reading this think..
    You can believe what you want to believe (or not believe). I came to this forum looking for information,and the leads here have been very helpful to me (I would never have called Watertown or other dealerships if it weren't for this forum) and I am just providing information back, based on my own experience, so others also can benefit. The deal with Watertown did not fell through. In fact, I still have a deposit on that and I haven't cancelled it yet. I am the one who is going to back out of that one, because the other deal is better (not as much extra options that I don't need). The other deal is with Ira Lexus in Danvers.
    In fact, I will make you a deal. I will be happy to let you take over the car that I have reserved at Watertown. AWD with Premium, Z1 accessory package, backup monitor, heated/ventilated seats, cross bars, wood/leather steering/shift, remote start - 38.5K plus tax/title/doc fee.
  • bfromorlandobfromorlando Member Posts: 1
    Have two dealerships in Florida for Lexus RX 350 FWD with $47,385 MSRP, who are offering it for $42,405 plus there dealers' fees of $700. Is this a good deal or should it be better??
    Comes with Comfort Pkg, Prem Pkg, Nav Pkg, Park assist, 19" wheels, 12 speaker stereo, tow prep, Accy pkg. One has the Cross bars and other is throwing in key Fob instead to match price.
  • tresianatresiana Member Posts: 3
    Have never considered buying a loaner vehicle before but my local dealership has a n RX 350 in the exact interior and exterior colors I want. Will not know until tomorrow about options, etc, since dealership is already closed for the night.

Anyone have any tips/advice on whether or not it is a good idea? Also, I would guess the same rules of thimb regarding invoice vs MSRP would still apply?

Thanks!
  • gladiator99gladiator99 Member Posts: 104
    Hi!
    Why buy a loaner vehicle when you can possibly get a brand new one for the same price. The 2011 vehcles will be out soon which makes any 2010 model worth at least 6-8k less than a new one. If you can get the loaner vehicle for about 8k off the msrp and it has low miles and is clean, then it could be a great deal. I know that when the 2011 models are out, many dealers will discount their new vehicles just to move them out, although they may not be as generous on the 2011models for the first month or so. I have been looking online at various dealerships and I have seen a 2010 with package B, AWD with the comfort package, premium audio, tow prep,remote start, etc list price of $47,500, offered 41,900. The vehicle has about 15000 miles.
    Hope you get a great deal!
    Cheers,
  • mdx007mdx007 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for sharing the info. Which dealer did you work with? Thanks!
    edited July 2010
    ..do not feel offended please, but you must realize that what you were saying sound unbelivable..agree?......if I understand correctly the MSRP is around $47k and you are getting it at about $38.5K right?..so the RX is fairly well equipped.....thanks for the offer but I am in NJ (I guess I can travel) but I will be ready at the end of Sept...maybe I will wait for the 2011 and hope that all the Lexus' "small issues" are corrected. Everyday that passes by you keep hearing about "little " problems with Lexus that keep popping up (like a bad penny)and to be honest I am begining to loose all confidence in them, I am afraid that buying such expensive vehicle I will run into one of those "small issues" and it will be my fight,that is why I am also looking at the Acura MDX.
    At any rate thanks again and the best of luck to you..
  • rick9194rick9194 Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2010
    Fan2

You said you wondered what others are thinking. I wasn't gonna say but:

I'll call BS straight out on a couple of posters in the last 3 pages.

I've seen to many legit reports that correspond with each other, depending on the area they are looking in. It's still fairly easy to cull the bs and get the real info you need. Get out a pen and paper .... go through the posts one by one ... make notes and its pretty clear what the cars are selling for in different areas. Prices may vary by $500 to $1500 depending if its the end of the month, inventory, etc

You may get a better deal after the 2011s come out. The only reason they are discounting the 2010 now is to move enough to the value shoppers to keep sales up with production. I don't think they will have a big glut of 2010s (just my opinion) due to the great discounts they are offering currently .... 10% plus off sticker is not bad.

Good luck with your purchase ..... I bought my wife one and she loves it.

I also wanted to ask ....what small issues are you concerned with?
    I thought that there might be someone that kind of agree with me and yes as you said the dealers are trying now to really move as much "old" inventory out to accomodate for the new units 2011 coming...like I said I will be ready by the end of September when my current lease (Toyota Sienna Limited 2008 end, this time I am buying)..as for the small issues, the latest is the last Lexus recall on , I think if I remember, 2007 or 8 about engine noises due faulty valve springs on their V6 engines,,,yes I know no RX 350 was mentioned but the V6 in other models and the one in the RX 350 are similar ones...but most important,to me at least, is the Lexus forums and some of the horror stories that some owners relate there (bluetooth,UBS tires noise, wind noise ,Lexus replace the front windows with 2 plated glass as a TSB after on vehicles sold before April , front bumpers coming off ,"soft paint" issues in which the paint is prone to scratches and dings easier that the average cars out there..etc,etc,etc) .
    All these series of "small issues" that some owners are expiriencing and the reaction that they are getting from the dealers on certain complaints that "it is normal".....well when one pays those prices on those RX (which is to Lexus what the Camry is to Toyota) I do not want to hear "it is normal"...yes I know that what you hear in the forums is only a fraction of the many happy Lexus buyers out there, but I still have concerns, specially when those owners are previous RX owners...mind you that I love the new RX ,even though many previous owners don't, I think it is very attractive.

The Lexus AWD is not as good as the SH AWD of the Acura MDX.(I am in NJ that is important in the Winter)..I still like the Lexus RX 350...my wife does have a bit of cold feet also with all the reported problems that Toyota as a company is confessing to have....sorry, I am begining to ramble...enjoy your RX in the best of health...and luck (which is what in reality we all need with car no matter who makes it)
    Where did I say the MSRP was $47K? These are non-nav vehicles that I've looked at, and the MSRP of the one from Watertown is $44.7K, invoice of $40.5K, and discounted to $38.5K. The MSRP of the one I'm actually buying from Ira Lexus is $44.2K, invoice of around $40.2K, and selling price of $38K plus title/tax/doc fees.

There's nothing to feel offended about here, and I don't take any offense whatsoever. I understand your skepticism. I am in NJ too and I couldn't get anything close to these deals here, but I am buying in MA and having the vehicle shipped to me here for $350, and it would still be much cheaper. All I am saying is there are deals out there. I did not even have to negotiate for these prices - I was offered these by the salespeople themselves (they wouldn't go any lower - I tried :) ). Maybe the price trend of the last couple of years is coming back. Incidently, all these "little issues" that mention bother me too, but my wife likes this vehicle, and it is for her, and I don't really want something as big as a MDX, so this is it. The only decision was whether to wait for 2011 model, but with these prices, the decision was easier.
    And I thought I got a good deal. This one is amazing. Before sales tax and DMV, what was your total to the dealer, including all the doc fees?
    ..regardless it is still a very good deal...I would like the $47k (with nav etc)...since you are in NJ,how are you handling the taxes,reg etc, specially delivery?...why didn;t you pick the car yoursel and sve the $350?.....won't you feel more confortable driving all those miles yourself rather thatn someone else?...or is RX being trucked over?...could you expand on this please..thanks....
    Before the DMV stuff (sales tax, title/registration) I am paying about 38.7K to the dealer and that includes delivery.
    I will do the sales tax, title and registration here myself with the DMV. It is not that hard. For $350 it is not worth it for me to go over there and drive the car back. They will truck it over to me.
  • firepumpfirepump Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2010
    Best pricing in Texas?
    What is the down side to leasing. How can I get a smaller lease payment?
    These are pretty generic questions that you can find answers to fairly easily if you do a little bit of homework.
  • ashay21ashay21 Member Posts: 6
    We looked at the following before selecting the RX 350 AWD

SRX
    MDX
    RX 350

SRX: The minute my wife and I sat in the SRX, we felt like we aged 10 years. Nice looking car but have never have owned a GM vehicle before, we were still a little skeptic on reliability.

MDX: More power, more room, but 12% poorer fuel economy and my wife didn't like the ugly grill. We are not a huge fan of Acura's transformer look.

If you need the extra room and towing power, I would go for the MDX. What is a MDX. Pricing wise, MDX is giving a better APR% rate as well. Comparable to what we got with the RX...it was only 1k more.
    Please tell me where are you getting this car from and are they delivering it to you? Free of charge?
    I forgot to ask. The one I was looking at has an MSRP of 44,090. Do you know what yours has that brings it up to 44.2K? Please tell me who the dealer is where you're getting such a great deal. I know you can't give out salesmen's name but how about a first initial?
    Mine doesn't have the Z1 accessory package or the cross bars, but has the backup monitor, remote engine starter, wood and leather steering wheel/shift know and Tow package (plus premium, Heated seats). The dealer is Ira lexus. They had an exact one as mine in Obsidian, if you are interested in that. If you don't mind waiting a couple of days, I would be happy to give you more details on salesperson etc (I am wiring them the money on Monday and they should get it by Tuesday).
    I am paying $350 to get the car delivered, but that's included in the 38.7K that I mentioned. Without that and the doc fees the price was $38K. I could've saved the $350 had I wanted to pick up the car, but that was too much hassle for small savings.
    Can you tell me the exact MSRP. I made a verbal agreement with Westport CT for 39K on an MSRP of 44,090, including delivery and doc,not bad, but I forgot (how did I do that) about the remote starter. They didn't have my car yet, in transit, so they delivered to me a loaner--I'm out a car now because I just sold mine. If you can give me the exact MSRP of yours I'm going to call them and see if they can get me that car instead at your price. Less money and I really want that remote starter.
    Sorry to hassle you. just down want to speak out of turn when I call the dealer. When you say doc fees, do you mean the DMV fees? Are you paying a grand total of 38.7k (including shipping, dmv, absolutely anything else). Nothing else to pay other than sales tax?? Or do you have to pay for plates and registration on top of the 38.7?
    The exact MSRP is $44233. Given that you already have a loaner from them (which I must say was nice of them because you only have a verbal contract) your negotiating position is weaker. It's a different dealership, so they don't have to match my price.
    true, but they want to keep customers happy not telling people that they could do much better elsewhere. The loaner was nice but not worth a thousand dollars. I do want to negotiate with them a bit. As they didn't specifically order the car for me, it was on its way in when I first called them, I'm hoping they'll at least give me a different car, the one with remote starter. thanks for your help.
    Doc fees is different from the DMV fees. It is an "administrative" fee that dealers add on for doing the paperwork. It should really be part of their cost but everyone is charging it these days, although the amount varies from the dealer to dealer. So in comparing prices, you should look at price+doc fees (which in my case turns out to be 38.3K, not counting the delivery charge). On top of this I pay 7% sales tax for NJ and title/registration, which would be somewhere between 350 and 400 dollars.
    As I mentioned to someone else earlier, I have an AWD with MSRP of 44.7K (includes remote starter, cross bars and accessory package) reserved with Watertown for 38.5K plus $380 doc fees. If you want you can have it. Delivery is not included.
  • goblue350goblue350 Member Posts: 1
    Picked up a FWD 2010 RX350...

MSRP $46,653
    Price: $40937

I leased it, so Acquisition fee of $700 was added on top of this price in addition to Doc Prep fee of $45 and DMV electronic fee of $29.
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    @Sterling McCall. Did not bother looking elsewhere since I pretty much knew the price. Actually I started offering the price I wanted to pay rather than for them to tell me how much they wanted. However, looking back I think I could get it for $200 less but they let me walk at $42K even.....
    I didn't believe sqb2003, but it seems he is right.

After reading his post about getting a car from Lexus of Watertown (Massachusetts) and having it shipped to N.J., I e-mailed the dealer last week and got a not-so-good offer by e-mail. I replied to the e-mail on Friday and said "I heard you can do better than that," and while I was out of the office over the weekend they left 5 voice messages! I called them on Monday morning (yesterday) and over the phone they offered me a great deal - much like his - and e-mailed me a pdf of the car VIN and configuration. The MSRP as equipped is $48,259 (I verified it on Edmund's) giving an invoice of roughly ~43k, and they are selling it to me for $41,525. There will be $369 of doc fees, my local sales tax of course (6.5% for Cincinnati, OH), and then I'll do the registration/DMV stuff myself. The shipping company they recommended to me will charge about $700 to ship it to me.

I went to my local dealer armed with this info, and they said they couldn't come close, even with the extra $700 I'm spending to ship it. They felt the $700 was reasonable since they recently shipped one from OH to CA for ~$1200.

I'm still slightly dubious, but they are supposed to fax and then overnight the sales paperwork to me tomorrow (Wednesday) so I'll see if there's a hitch (hidden amounts). Either way, I'll post back once all is done and said. I don't know how they are doing it (neither does my local dealer) but there it is.
    Good for you, tbartman. My local lexus dealers couldn't believe it, either. One of them called me 4 times to go over the numbers with me ( I wouldn't tell him which lexus dealer was selling me the vehicle). Another one is still calling me, and he thinks maybe there is a problem with the vehicle or something. He has offered to run the VIN for me just to make sure. Meanwhile, my papers would be on the way to my house tomorrow and hopefully the vehicle would ship by the end of the week.

The Watertown deal is legit, even though I am eventually not buying from them. If you like, give a call to Ira Lexus also and see if they will do any better.
    I'm just going to go ahead with Watertown since the process is so far along already. I was suspicious and am keeping a wary eye. They sent me the page with the VIN and told me that the car was arriving to them this week from the factory. I was actually able to call Lexus (1-800-255-3987 option 3) and gave the lady the VIN and she told me that the car came off the end of the assembly line on July 7 (6 days ago). That reassured me a lot that a) they were telling the truth, and b) this wasn't a 10-month-old car that's been sitting around or being passed from dealer to dealer for some reason.

Again, I will post again once I see the actual papers that are supposed to come to me tomorrow and let you know if it was all on the up-and-up.
  • tresianatresiana Member Posts: 3
    Lexus is currently offering a regional lease special for a 2010 RX 350: $469 per month for 36 months based on MSRP of $43,710. $2,939 due at signing. That does not include tax, title, fees, etc. Never done a lease before so I have been searching Edmunds for tips. Also, I can't get the dealership to tell me what the total drive off cost is.

Thanks!
    How many miles per year? How many years lease?
    What is a certification allowance. Did Lexus give you the 2.99 interest rate?
    How will I know how much dealers get back?
    I'm actually looking for the Obsidian. Do you know if that's what they had? I called IRA yesterday and got the "manager" Donny. He'd give me a car for 38K but said only on the truffle mica with parchment interior. Not my coloring. Are you able to give me your salesman name? Do you know who you spoke with at Watertown? Do you think they would meet IRA's price if they had my color?
    Has anyone checked out any of the other MA dealers, other than IRA and Watertown. There's Herb Chambers, Norwood and Northborough just to name a few in the same general area. Any info?
    myonenickel, the initial spec sheet I got from IRA was for Obsidian, equipped exactly as the one I am buying. Not sure if they have already sold it or if they still have it. I would be happy to give you the name of my salesperson although I am not sure how (maybe you can leave your email address here?). He is on vacation till Friday, though. You might be able to talk to someone else and see if they will match the price I was offered. Same with Watertown - I can give you the name of the salesperson (although they might not be happy with me because I am canceling that deal) but I am not sure if they have the color you are looking for. Chances are that they do because they are a very big dealership and the guy told me they were expecting another 70-80 vehicles.

I did talk to Herb Chambers also, but they didn't have the color I wanted (and didn't seem that interested either - they didn't say if they had one coming in etc etc).
    When I called IRA I was first told they had the Obsidian but only with parchment. I want black inside, too. Was told they had the trufle mica with black. When I told the salesman, Justin or Jeff (soemthing with a j) what I wanted to pay he had someone named Donny or Tony (accent) call. He said he'd give me the price but only on the trufle mica with parchment, no other color. Watertown offered me the same thing they offered you. Problem there is you're paying close to $600 for options you don't need--cross bars, towing package..I had called IRA last week and got the same Donny/Tony. Can you tell me who your salesperson was?at IRA

I've been calling the same people you have and I know what they are telling you and me but inside I'm a bit concerned that "if it looks too good to be true, it is". Hard to walk away from this pricing.