Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rx350awdrx350awd Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2010
    What are EU and ZC? Put these two aside, MSRP is $47082 and invoice is $42010, to my best knowledge. To estimate the invoice for EU and ZC, subtract $47082 from your actual MSRP and multiply it by 0.8.

For example, if your actual MSRP is $47582, then the invoice of EU + ZC is approximately ( $47582 - $47082 ) x 0.8 = $400. Adding it to $42010, your actual invoice is $42410.
  • ckoolckool Member Posts: 86
    Hi Carman or other members:

Following is the latest lease offer I obtained today. According to the sales guy, the monthly payment is non-negotiable, is it true? If it's, how should I approach it?

Thanks a lot

CK

Lexus Lease Special Offer
    2010 Lexus RX 350 Lease Offer
    $489mo. 36mos.
    $3499 due at signing.
    Excludes official fees, taxes and dealer charges. No security deposit required.
  • auto126auto126 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Bidu7, Which dealer give you this give your this quote. I 'd like to get one in this price.
  • pure350pure350 Member Posts: 3
    Pickup RX350 FWD (Japan Built) from Sewell Dallas.
    CP, EK, FT, NV, PA, PM, TO, WU, C1, GN, WL, 3T, Tinted Window (100), Moulding (200). MSRP: 47,269. paid: $41,958.00 + TTL.
    Thanks to the posters who gave pointers to Sewell before.
    Hi Pure350

Can you send me the salespeople contact to my email address? I 'like to get one with 38500 +TTL for

Premium Package
    Backup Monitor/camera
    19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
    Intuitive Parking Assist
    Tow Prep Package
    Wood & Leather-trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift

I appreciate your help.
  • demom13demom13 Member Posts: 6
    I just got info from local dealer on RX 350 AWD with retail of $51,500 reduced to $45,700 - Is this a good deal??? It has Nav, Rear Entertainment, etc: CP, ER, EY, FT, PM, TO, WU, Z1, 3T.

I thought from some other posts on here, I would be able to get an RX with these same options for $44k but they are saying that's not possible. Any suggestions???

THANKS
  • pure350pure350 Member Posts: 3
    she is the internet sales manager @Sewell Lexus Dallas. when you ask quote thru internet, it should go to her. she is a good sales. drop your e-mail if you are still doubt that you don't reach the right one.
    can you send me her email address to drmikeyi@yahoo.com. I am planing to contact her and get exact the same car you get if I can get the same price.

RX350 FWD (Japan Built)
    CP, EK, FT, NV, PA, PM, TO, WU, C1, GN, WL, 3T, Tinted Window (100), Moulding (200). MSRP: 47,269. paid: $41,958.00 + TTL.

thank you very much!!!!!
  • bidu7bidu7 Member Posts: 3
    it was newport lexus. Could you please let me know if you can get the same price or better? Because he said the price only valid on that night only.
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    ckung.....the monthly payment is based on a few important numbers, a couple of which can be manipulated by the dealer, so you need to understand how lease payments are calculated.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/48365/article.html

Basically, the price you negotiate as the selling price is the "capitalized cost" so you want that as low as you can get it. The "money factor" should be the dealer's "buy rate" (they will add points to this "interest rate" to put money in their pocket over the life of the lease). The dealer cannot mess with residual value (what the car is estimated to be worth 36 months from now). That is set by Lexus Financial Services.

Divide $3499 by 36 and you get $97.19. That's effectively the difference you'd be paying if you got a deal for $0 due at signing. Your payment would be $586.19. If you put enough "down" at signing you can eventually get you payment down to almost nothing. It's used to get the payments used in the advertisements down to a smaller number. But you have to read the fine print. You should not put any money down on a lease.

I'd try another dealer, and ask what they're using for these numbers.
  • justaveragejoejustaveragejoe Member Posts: 268
    You can post the name of the dealership in the forum. I have been working with Concord, Pleasanton, Sacramento, Roseville, and Modesto. Best price so far is $800 below KBB and Edmunds invoice.
    Fremont Magnussen's. Not bad $800 below Edmunds invoice though.
  • cubraincubrain Member Posts: 11
    Hi pure 350....can you send me her email address. please send to ttran214@yahoo.com

thanks
  • slowcarslowcar Member Posts: 66
    Does any one know what the "unprecedented deals" on the Lexus that this article was talking about?

" Toyota said Monday it will continue to offer zero-percent financing and two years of free maintenance on certain vehicles through June 1. It is also offering unprecedented deals on its Lexus luxury brand. "

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Car-shoppers-take-waitandsee-apf-514471666.html?x=- 0&sec=topStories&pos=1&asset=&ccode=
  • tmanickamtmanickam Member Posts: 3
    Hi pure 350. I am also in the market. Please send her email address to buyingsuv@gmail.com
    Thanks
  • demom13demom13 Member Posts: 6
    I would be interested to hear this as well from the hosts??? The article states a $1,000 loyalty incentive for previous owners and I'm a current RX 350 owner buying a new one so would think I could take advantage of this but the dealers have not mentioned this at all...
  • smak118smak118 Member Posts: 1
    I received this $1000 Savings card with letter from Bo Magnussen, General Manager of Magnussen Lexus Fremont. It stated on card that "For sales: Present our card AFTER you have arrived at your best deal and we will deduct an extra $500 off your best deal" and "Your card is transferable to family & friends".

We contact a salesperson from ad on newspaper on Tue 4/27/10. We did not purchase the car on that day because he does not have the exact color that we wanted. On Sun 5/1/10. I called the salesperson again and he confirmed that he has the car with the color (2nd choice) that we wanted. We went down and he was not able to give the previous quote to us but I figure I could use the $500 from the saving card so we went ahead. However, after he talked with the Manager, the sales person told us that they can't give us the $500 from the card because our price is already too low.

Why a promise in writing from Bo Magnussen, GM and suddenly the card becomes useless when we want to purchase the vehicle expecting $500 saving which is why we choose Magnussen as the dealership to purchase our next Lexus. We are extremely displeased with this experience. I sent email request an reply and so far nothing.
  • cap58cap58 Member Posts: 32
    I'm interested in buying a 2010 RX 350 with the following features: Navigation Pkg, Premium Package, Comfort Package. MSRP is $48125. The internet sales manager has quoted $44532. I think that's way too high. I am currently driving an Infiniti and they have approached me with a $6000 off on an FX35. Now granted, these 2 cars ride very differently - I have owned both in the past. But they are pretty comparable price wise. I really want to get the RX 350 down to $42 or below. I know the invoice is $42993 (per Edmunds).

So - can anyone recommend a dealer in Cleveland (Metro Lexus vs Classic Lexus)? How are their service departments? One of my biggest reasons for not buying another Infiniti is because the dealer in Cleveland has been a nightmare for anything after the sale.

And I have to purchase, not lease. My miles are too high to consider a lease.

Any advice you can give will be appreciated. I'm not in a big hurry - will probably wait until June to buy, and I can wait until the end of the month if the deal will be better.
    edited May 2010
    cap58,

First, give yourself some flexibility on the car you want. So if your most wanted car is sold, your 2nd, 3rd choice will still make you happy. The following is what I can think of (some I have tried, some haven't but would have if no good deal presented to me). I'm sure other buyers have their own unique tips to share with you.

- Extend your search area. If a 100-mile-away dealer gives you $500 lower than your local offer on the same model+package, would you buy it there? On the other hand, would your local dealer beat or meet the price?
    - Let your dealers know (and keep reminding them) that you are still in the market, what you are looking for and willing to pay for. They certainly don't want to lose a potential customer. Over the time, they will lower their price.
    - Keep an eye on the models you like. You may even track the stock numbers or VIN's for accuracy. Are they gone fast? If the one you want is there for a few weeks, the dealer will be more than happy to reduce the price.
    - Let the dealers know that you are also looking for Lexus competitors' models. A little tricky here as you'll need to make them believe your seriousness, sometime with prices you'v got, on other brands. A little bluff may work the easiest. Again, they don't want to lose you.
    - Some big dealership has more than one internet sales manager. If you use different emails to quote, you likely end up with talking to different persons from the same dealer, and you'll sure get different prices on the same car.
    - If one day you feel lucky, bring your check book, driver license and insurance card to a dealer, tell the sales person you want this car with this price and you'll close a deal right now. Be persistent on your price line, if the deal cannot be made, walk away. Depending on how lucky (and tough!) you are, it may work well.
    - Of course, the end of month is always in favor of you.
    - It is helpful if you know someone bought the similar model with a low price from a particular dealer.
    - Find an excuse for the internet managers to reduce the price. Sometime they just need a reason to reduce their price. They know they can make money anyway. So help the internet managers by finding any excuse for them to reduce the price, anything you can think of.

In addition, you can always present your knowledge of the model and its price market to your dealers as your assistant.
  • tom_tsengtom_tseng Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much for the advise. Great tips!!

I also recently got a quote of $45,610 (+$322 fees) from local dealer on RX350 AWD (CP NV PA PM HL...etc MSRP of $49,044 Invoice ~$44134). I'm also looking at around $43000 so didn't pull the trigger. Actually I did get a quote around $43,000 but I'll need to pay around $800 to flatbed the car to me (out of state purchase).

I heard Lexus usually host sales event around June (Golden Sales) and December (Dec. to Remember) so I'm still waiting for the right time to go in. :)
  • nola2nola2 Member Posts: 9
    I have spent weeks trying to basically communicate with dealers via email to arrive at a few lease price quotes. First, the dealers are not responding with any actual numbers. The only quotes I received list monthly payments and mileage with $4K down on a lease for 15,000 miles per year, which seems to be absolutely unfair. What am I doing wrong? I keep emailing them to please provide me detailed lease price quotes but not getting anywhere. Second, there is one dealer who agreed to sell me the car with options about 47K in MSRP for below invoice - 41,200, but he still have not provided a written lease price quote, and keeps emailing me to come in and work it out. I refuse to do that.

Are there reputable dealers in the Bay Area (anywhere 2.5 hours driving time at this point) you can recommend? Second, what kind of format (what details) should I expect dealers to submit to me as a lease price quote? Third, if I am getting 41K price on a 47K MSRP car, is it really a great deal? What would my 15,000 miles per year lease look like? Thank you for your help!
    Hi every one,
    Does any one have experience with either Sterling McCall or Clear Lake Lexus? What is the going price for the RX 350, FWD with Nav. The MSRP is around 47K...I was told the price would be 1K to 1.5K above invoice 42K...I think I can do much better, right? I saw most people paid around invoice on this board. I want to get the same invoice too. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • clone135clone135 Member Posts: 5
    Bidu7, at what dealership did u get this quote at?

i'm looking at a 2010 rx350, front wheel-drive, Navigation, Premium package, heated seats, 19" wheels, and Wood and leather trimmed steering wheel. MRSP 44,995, willing to sell it to me for invoice $40,300.

What do you guys think? Your deal seemed a lot better
    Justaveragejoe,

I'm located in Northern California as well. Did you end up purchasing one? So far the best price I've found is right at invoice. MRSp 44,995, selling it at 40,300. Would love to get it at $1500k below invoice
  • adam2009adam2009 Member Posts: 13
    Greetings,
    Anybody willing to get together for buying AWD RX 350 with CP in New YorkJ/New Jersey. I have already a friend who is already interested. We are planning to go to Prestige Lexus at Ramsey-NJ --they seem to be very good a getting a lower price that any of NY dealers as they are one of biggest volume dealers of Lexus in tristate area. Just send me a msg and we could plan out. I think we will be able to get a good deal if we do a bulk purchase...

Thank
    In Houston, I can't even get one RX at $500 over invoice and people were talking about $1500 below invoice.....how can that happen????

:confuse: :confuse: :sick: :sick:
    You need to be patient. The dealers aren't just going to offer a price under invoice right off the bat. Keep working with them, politely and patiently. It has taken much more time to get the Lexus dealers to come down in price than the dealers for our other vehicles. We still haven't purchased yet.
  • texaspatexaspa Member Posts: 5
    Lexus had a $1000 certificate off the price which ended March 31st - that was probably a factor. I couldn't get close the deals being quoted on this board either; however, Sewell in Dallas will be about $1,000 less than Houston. I just decided not to buy out of town. My deal was about $5000 off sticker. Try the internet manager at Northside Lexus.
  • charris4charris4 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, I'm interested -- just the premium and comfort packages, right?
    So the internet manager is trying the "come in and let's talk" ploy. I'm not taking the bait. She still has not come down off the $44532 quote on MSRP of $48125. I've offered $42000 - she wondered how I came up with my offer and now wants to "explain" the invoice I've come up with ($42993). I have not provided my phone number and will not go in unless the numbers come down. I'm really amazed there hasn't been an attempt to counter her original offer, especially since I've indicated I won't come in until her number goes down. I'm not in a hurry - I'll wait this out, or try the dealer closer to home.

So - slowcar - I feel your pain. This one is $1500 over invoice too.
    Have you test drove the car yet? If not, then get ahold of the nearest internet manger and go in for a test drive. Use AAA or Costco purchasing to help get the prices down.
    edited May 2010
    purchased yesterday 2010 RX350 FWD, Navigation, 19" wheels, backup camera, ventilated and heated seats, and Wood and leather trimmed steering wheel. MRSP 44,995, Invoice was 40,995 (in my earlier post I mistakenly thought it was 40,300)

Purchase price $39,995, probably could have worked another $500 off. They gave me the dealer holdback and wholesale reserve @ Lexus of Marin. Great service, customer service and the salesman was amazingly patient and not pushy!

Check out overstock site, they have a GREAT tool which helps you determine what type of deal you are getting based on your location. http://cars.overstock.com/configurator.html?makeId=2245&modelId=550&upfrontPrici- - ng=Y

Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to message me.
    Yes I have done a test drive - just not at this dealer.
    When I entered my zip, it came up with "no overstock price in this location". So I guess they have no data for Cleveland, OH. I would have loved to see what they've been selling for around here.
    edited May 2010
    $5000 off MSRP is around invoice, right? Since the $1000 certificate isn't offered any more, is that the reason they were asking Invoice + $1000 as minimum? I was to leave when I offerred $500 over invoice. The salesman even said don't bother to come back until I am willing to pay Invoice+$1000 but still itsn't a guaranty....but an Invoice+$1500 surely would get me any RX350 on the lot any time.....I thanked the salesman for his honesty though.

:cry::cry:
  • tmanickamtmanickam Member Posts: 3
    RX350 AWD with following options CP, GF, LL, ML, NV, PA, TO, CI, GN, WL, 3T

MSRP $53254. Dealer price is $48,000

Thanks
  • eichergmeichergm Member Posts: 6
    On an FWD with comfort, Nav, Premium, tow prep, wood trim, accesory pkg & cross bars, I have been quoted an msrp of 47,644 and sales price of $41490. The salesman says it is $1400 below invoice. I am a current RX350 driver, so maybe there is some loyalty in there. Can I do better? I am in So. Cal. Am choosing between this and a Volvo XC60 which I can only seem to get about $200 under invoice. Thanks
    edited May 2010
    If you are at a dealer place and need to quickly estimate the invoice on a given MSRP, here it is.

RX350 with options around $5,000 (typically Premium Package): invoice = MSRP / 1.11
    RX350 with options around $10,000 (typically Navigation Package): invoice = MSRP / 1.12
    RX350 with options over $10,000: invoice = MSRP / 1.13

There may be a hundred or two +/-. Please keep in mind, the invoice a dealer shows you already has $500 added to a real invoice.

In tmanickam's deal:

RX350 AWD
    Options: CP, GF, LL, ML, NV, PA, TO, CI, GN, WL, 3T
    MSRP: $53,254
    Estimated Invoice: $53,254 / 1.13 = $47,127
    Actual Invoice: $47,051

In eichergm's deal:

RX350 FWD
    Options: 3T, CP, EK, FT, NV, PA, PM, TO, WU, Z1
    MSRP: $47,644
    Estimated Invoice: $47,644 / 1.12 = $42,539
    Actual Invoice: $42,461
    Charris4...could you email me at M a v b e n @ y a h o o . c o m and we can talk discuss more in detail.

I was thinking of only the comfort package with 19' wheels, Tow prep & Remote start...
    svofan2,
    Are you interested in a group by in NJ/NY area? Let me know.

thanks
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    I would but it is too early for me....my current lease is not up until October and this time I will buy not lease again....who knows it may be the last car I buy...yes I am old....lol
    Thanks for the invite and let us all know how it goes...good luck
  • johnnybcarjohnnybcar Member Posts: 6
    Clone135 wrote: "Check out overstock site, they have a GREAT tool which helps you determine what type of deal you are getting based on your location. http://cars.overstock.com/configurator.html?makeId=2245&modelId=550&upfrontPrici- - - ng=Y"

It looks like Overstock is being powered by truecar.com. I was checking out the site. It looks like they have transactions prices in your area and have the same guaranteed price that is showing on Overstock. Anyway, looks like another good site to check out along with edmunds and carsdirect when doing research.
    ">link title
    Hey.. I got a few internet quotes from the dealer for
    Rx350 AWD
    Backup Monitor
    Heated seats
    Premium Package\Tow Prep
    Wood & Leather Trimmed steering
    Cargo net/mat & Wheel Locks

MSRP=$44,090
    Quoted= $40,441
    Asking/negotiating for = $38,000

Any thoughts guys based on your experience...?

Any input/advise will help and is appreciated... I went to 2 NY dealers and 1 NJ dealer..

Thanks
  • jwtiajwtia Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

The best quote I got for the same configuration was 39,900. Anyone got a better quote in NY/NJ area?
    Hey jwtia.. I think I can bring it close to 38 500--atleast that my guess... i have to go to the dealer... are you willing to club together ... we may have some leverage if we are in for two cars.. Also there one other member in this group who was willing to join in group by for the same config...

I will be going to prestige this weekend... I will keep you posted.. if you are interested in emailing me out of this forum.. please do at yahoo--> m a v b e n @ yahoo (no spaces)
    I got a quote for the AWD RX 350 with the following configuration:

Premium Pkge
    Backup Monitor
    Heated & Ventilated Front Seats
    Tow Prep Package
    Wood & Leather trimmed Steering wheel
    Accessory Pkg

The MSRP is $44,090 and I have a quote of $39,900.

Does anyone have a better quote?

Thanks.
    I got a quote for $39054 but not in NY,NJ but in MA... This is the lowest I got.. I am sure this will go lower if i go to the dealer...

willl be checking with more dealers in NY/NJ this weekend.
    hey adam2009? How did it go? I tried Prestige but only got $40,200.
    Hey jwtia,
    I did'nt go to presitige .. I will after I get the best prices around in NY. Did you get the price $40,200 over ther internet or did you go to the dealer?
  • kdog8kdog8 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone please tell me how the $1000 certificate was distributed or made available? I am an ES owner and have financed through LFS but have received no promotional offers to purchase a 2nd Lexus -- ie RX. Thanks.