Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado - Continued XII

1101112131416»

Comments

• rcoosrcoos Member Posts: 167
    Tim is right. The ZX3 package is only available on 2WD trucks.

The 4WD pickups can be ordered with the FW1 package (only if the Z71 pkg is selected). It does the same as the ZX3. Your price for the Z71 package drops when you order the Z71 with the FW1.
    rcoos

p.s. #786 (bassmatic)

The numbers for the Edelbrock IAS Shocks are:
    33012 (front) & 34012 (rear)
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    No comparison between what you have and what you are thinking about. The 4runner is overpriced, underpowered (6 cyl driving a 4000#) truck. If you get it with the supercharger, might be a little better buy will cost about $34,000. If that is the case why not get a full sized SUV like a Tahoe or Yukon. Probably can get it for the same price as a 4runner and with 2 additional cylinders to boot. As far as Toyota is concerned, I would only consider the LX470 and its Toyota counterpart the Land Cruiser.

I assure you no matter what you decide, you will NOT be happy with the 4runner... my $.02
  • twotwo1twotwo1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Silverado 5.3v8 2wd ext cab.
    I currently have 2 tires ordered because
    dealers says tires out of spec. Also
    skip has developed. Anyone else experiencing
    these problems. Thinking of trading for
    a F250 4door .
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    an option from the factory?

They were on my 2500?

- Tim
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    For Purposes of Efficiency....

this topic is being "frozen." Please continue these discussions in Topic 2055
    Chevy Silverado - Continued XIII. Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
  • bassamaticbassamatic Member Posts: 79
    TEXT6: I agree with Obyone on your SUV vs Truck question. The Yukon or Tahoe would be a much better way to go. Friend of mine had a 4Runner and damn it, I never really liked that rig. Buy American on these types of vehicles and you won't regret it in the long run. My wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.1 liter and it has been a really nice vehicle...85,000 miles now and it has never coughed once! About getting "remarried"...sometimes the grass just LOOKS greener on the other side!!

RCOOS: Thanks for the part numbers. Did you buy them at a local auto parts store or get them on the "net". What did you have to pay?

TIM: Been racking my brain trying to remember whether PMD used the Rock Crusher in their early Firebirds or not. They might of used the Hurst shifters. Damn, I'm getting old...I used to rattle this stuff off like crazy.

TWOTWO1: Who's "skip"?? The new F250's are nice rigs. Do you have a 3/4 ton truck now?? IF your trading up to a larger truck take a look at the 2500. If you already have one...why in the world would you want to make a swap like that? Considering the lost depreciation, etc. I don't get it.

clay
This discussion has been closed.