Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Chevy Silverado - Continued IX

Comments

• Options
    bob332bob332 Member Posts: 137
    Sounds like great info. Kyle. Sorry that I can not access it. This puter has some problems and will not access many websites. I am sure others will find your site interesting. Ever find out about the running boards? Thanks, Bob
  • Options
    mledtjemledtje Member Posts: 1,123
    Andrew,

I forgot about the HiCapacity Air Cleaner, a $25 option.

I can't find anything that says the Z71 stabilizers and jounce bumpers are the same or different from standard parts. But, at any rate if they are different, they cost GM the same. Z71 is a great moneymaker for GM. You get the air cleaner ($25), shocks ($250, which you are going to change out), and decals ($20) for $345.

You could skip the Z71, order the air cleaner, buy the decals, replace the shocks and be $300 ahead.

But, you wouldn't be able to say you have a Z71.

Mike L
  • Options
    werkingwerking Member Posts: 431
    LOL man. got your email today, sorry 'bout the check. "it's in the mail, man" ;)

ryan,
    all i can tell you about the bilstein's is that the add in perf products magazine spells it out exactly. the tenneco's had a "floaty", "bouncy" feeling in the back when going over bumps. with the bilstein's, it goes up, and settles down quickly and nicely. no "floaty" feeling, no excessive "bouncing". you gotta hit something REALLY hard to make it bounce continuously. i also went out and did some off-roading this weekend and they performed superbly there too. i got lucky and mike sold his old ones (3 months old) to me cheap. having experienced them, i would pay $49-59 retail for them. they're that good. and it's an easy install as long as you remember to pull the front wheels off when you do it.

kyle
  • Options
    haven't forgotten about you, bud. gonna call the shop where he had them done. he doesn't know the brand, only the price ($400 installed). will call the shop today to see if i can get a brand/part #.

kyle
  • Options
    ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Thanks. Ill let you know if i am gonna get them. I might go get some prices (not from where i ordered my tail light guards though still dont have em) soon. In 2 wks i am on vacation before i go back to school. I figure i can work on it then. Can you see the yellow shocks from behind? How does that look? Also what kind of offroading did you do? Alof of mud? I want to go but havent had andytime and no rain but it did rain all weekend. Maybe end of august beginning of sept i will go find some places around here.

Ryan
  • Options
    bob -
    if you're having trouble getting to my albums, try www.picturetrail.com on the home page, just type kwerking into the block that lets you go see a member's albums. if you can't do it that way...then it must be your 'puter. if you couldn't get access this morning, it's prob'ly cuz i was working on it...

ryan -
    yeah, lot of mudding. check out my picture trail album "action photos" for some good pics of it. got a bit nasty... hehe. now, i have to hope for a good rain, or i'll have to wash it this weekend. the shocks look great from behind. yes, they're yellow with blue "boots". personally i don't like the blue, but you can't see them unless you look real hard. within the next couple days, i'll get some installation photos up for you. i'll let you know...

kyle
  • Options
    Nice pictures. I see you have the wade bedrail caps (the little sticker on the back). How do you like them? My only complaint about them is when i got that dent they had to remove them to repaint the side of the truck and they didnt put them back very good i mean they dont hold on as good. Seems the very back pops up in the heat. I just hit it with my fist and it goes back down. I added tape also but its not to strong.

Your truck isnt to dirty or at least not in the pics. Bring your truck to northwest indiana its pouring here and has been all weekend it sucks. Did you just drive your truck on some trails? I might take mine out to the dunes (sand) bunch of hills and trails. Hopefully they are still open my uncle isnt to sure hasnt been out on them for awhile.

You can really see how the zaino looks on that one picture truck looks great.

Hopefully within the next wk (if i get my tail light guards im calling in an hr) and ill post em asap.

Ryan
  • Options
    mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ..don't ask Ryan where to get accessories from..

hehehehhe

Great place eh?

- Tim
  • Options
    yea its a nice place. @$$ backwards. I ordered my mud flaps from there and they said 1-2 month wait i got them 2 wks later. They old me 2 days for my tail light guards and its now going on a month.

Ryan
  • Options
    yeah, just runnin' muddy trails. hit some good sized holes though too. not sure what you want for muddy. it was raining when i did it, so maybe the mud didn't "cake" on very thick. also, i'm not going to recreate a chevy commercial and cruise some mud that's up to the top of the wheel wells. just not looking to clean the whole undercarriage of my truck ya know? my bed rail caps are coming up toward the front also. doesn't have anything to do with the caps though. prob'ly has to do with having a black truck in 100+ degree sun all day. i got some more 3m tape that i plan on using once the peak summer heat passes. after that...should cure well enough over the winter to be fine...we'll see.

kyle
  • Options
    Mine are popping off the rear part where the slope down towards the tail light. Up by the cab on the passenger side started to but i added a bunch of tape then stood (yea stood) on it for 5 min and its holding.

Try using tape then put a brick or something on it. Thats my next thing to do.

The heat does make em pop off expansion and contraction.

Ryan
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    don't know how to use a mig welder... ;)
  • Options
    crossfire1crossfire1 Member Posts: 33
    I have already taken your advice Matt. Would you believe that the sales man "truck guy", didn't know what a composite bed was for the 01 models . He had no idea that GM changed the main engine bearing gap for closer tolerances. He didn't know about the electronic gas pedal (fly by wire). Wasn't aware of any color changes. And he didn't know that there is a problem with the rear slider windows.
    He was a nice (non arrogant) guy, so I gave him my printouts from this site and other parts of the web. You would however think that they would have access to that kind of info, long before we do.
    Great looking truck Kyle, that's just the color scheme I'm going to get, sans the x cab. I'm sure that truck gets a lot of attention around town. My brother in law works for GM, so I get the employee bonus.
    I also like your accessories, but about the only thing I plan on doing is a roll top toneau, and the cab clearance lights. The after market has the white lenses for those now, and I think I'm going to like them.

Chris
  • Options
    i'd love to see you weld plastic bed rail caps on... ;)

kyle
  • Options
    didn't you know that there is a special attachment to the mig welder specially for plastic applications. something like using a hot glue gun... ;)

crossfire1

pace edwards rolltop won't disappoint you

Dean
  • Options
    dustyonedustyone Member Posts: 262
    Total for Kit shipped to Georgia from Akron, Ohio is $367.94. Matt said that even Ryan could install them in about an hour (with 5 guys helping). Just kidding, Ryan. However, he did say that it is an easy install. What, like three wrenches out of 10.
    Ok, the velvet shackles and Bilsteins are next. Lets see who has the best price....

Dustyone
  • Options
    No flowmaster for me.

Ryan
  • Options
    My skins have been fine....did you guys use alcohol to remove all the wax first?

I also have the rails holding the skins down too?...so who knows...

- Tim
  • Options
    blackmax200blackmax200 Member Posts: 255
    Looks like a good job. Let us all know how you make out. Careful testing it out though, hear cops in Marrietta see red with Z71's. :-)

Actually as I said earlier, this system may be too quiet if you want a real loud hot rod sound. But for some of us AARP folks, it is just enough. (No Ryan I don't have a Carmine red truck, heh heh)

Ryan,
    Just think of how the other yl's at the DQ will take to your Indigo Z71 with an increased sound of authority and the look of a mean a.. dual exhaust!! Just teasing..don't get the guard up! :-)

Kyle and Tim - great pictures of your trucks. Got 'em looking super!

matthew
  • Options
    jaumenjaumen Member Posts: 54
    Crossfire...Where did you pull the info up about an electronic gas pedal? I thought I have seen everything new for the 2001's.
  • Options
    pjcavpjcav Member Posts: 80
    real nice photos, especially the zaino one. i am planning on ordering the zaino products in the next couple of days. that shine is awesome on your truck. one thing though. is there a time period to wait for the paint to fully cure when new??? is this an old mith and still apply today. or is it safe to wax / polish now? my truck was built the last week of june 00'. bout a month old now if i can add correctly. thanks
    pat
  • Options
    electronic gas pedal? i dont remember that option on the 2K1's. what is it?

pat
  • Options
    hey nice post in response to RAD in topic 2925 on rumors. you weren't possibly refering to my 2K1 carmine with tan interior were ya???? that'l show him. hey the tan interior code on my truck is listed as 522 just as much of the topic is about over there. i still get the feeling that they dont care for u over there. i need to get one of those calvin decals with him *&##(@! on a tahoe / yukon driver
  • Options
    bob332bob332 Member Posts: 137
    Thanks Kyle for the information. Appreciated. Bob
  • Options
    Yea i was commenting about you and i know another guy who just got a 01 carmine w/ neutral leather in the tahoe post. Hes in his late 40's havent seen the truck yet. Its a 2wd ext cab though.

PJ on the wax. It is probably safe to wax your truck. It is dried very well. And had time to cure after it was built by the time you picked it up. Only if you have body work done like i did you should wait 4-8 wks they told me.

Ryan
  • Options
    rwagonerrwagoner Member Posts: 338
    You'd be surprised what GM doesn't tell its dealers. My salesman encourages people to hit the internet for the latest info ... including prices.

Just got my black (on black) LT from the body shop today. Had a slight ding on the bed from a woman whose door blew into the truck in a strong wind. Not only did they do an absolutely fabulous job on the repair. they buffed the entire truck. Looks great. And at no cost to me ...

Richard
  • Options
    with the buffing, did they remove any of the famous GM orange peel? just wondering

Dean
  • Options
    btenvybtenvy Member Posts: 43
    I didn't know if you'll had heard of the trouble with Firestone wilderness T/A. Heard around and know people who have had these tires separate at highway speeds. A friend of my father-in-laws rolled his Explorer totalling it and really did some damage to passengers inside. I have Wilderness T/A on my truck from the factory. Let me know what you guys know/find out.

Thanks,

Jarvus
  • Options
    You will know when you are part of the "in" group in topic #2799. It is when someone acknowledges your help and posts a thanks similar to post #9 in topic #2799....LOL

The guy who helps out the most without much acknowledgement is Don434. Doesn't post much...just posts solutions to those who don't want or can't understand the Helm's manual..

Dean
  • Options
    Mine never had it. Black tends not to have it; don't know if its because its a solid color or because they've licked the paint problems they had in the 1980s. My black '91 S-10 didn't have it either.
  • Options
    btenvybtenvy Member Posts: 43
    for the information..

I plan on changing mine out just not worth it too me. Hurting myself passengers not to mention the 30,000 + truck.

BTW - anyone out there know what the biggest tire is that will fit on the 16" standard rim?

Thanks again,

Jarvus
  • Options
    heard 285/75R16 as the largest with the stock 16". I currently run 275/70R16 on the stock rims. It extends the standard warranty as less revolutions = lower mileage...without recalibration...

rwagoner

I have the black on black two tone '00 LS. While the black looks smooth from afar, a close look at my quarter panels and around the rear quarter windows reveals a multitude of orange peel. Had the quarter panels repainted under warranty for thin paint. Now I don't have any but the ones around the quarter windows are more obvious than ever. Maybe it that Ft Wayne plant that's the cause...bet yours wasn't made there...

Dean
  • Options
    did you use alcohol on the rails to clean them and remove the wax first?

Oh yeah....you didn't install them!

LOL

- Tim
  • Options
    tim -
    yeah, i used the alcohol...i honestly think it's been the heat. we'll see if i fair any better when i reapply them in sept-oct.

pj -
    yeah, you're good to wax. i waited about two weeks before i did mine. no probs. thanks for the compliments. the zaino does all the hard work though...

kyle
  • Options
    Its the side that the bodyshop changed that i am having trouble with. I think its the heat and humidity also. Its been in the upper 80's with 100% humidity. Truck sits in the sun all day pretty much.

Ryan
  • Options
    Tim asked if you had used alcohol. That's all...

Dean
  • Options
    I didnt put it back on the bodyshop did. They took it off they put it back. I dont know what they did

Ryan
  • Options
    bassamaticbassamatic Member Posts: 79
    MARK: I will go with the single in ( 3inch) and dual out (21/4 inch) and probably use the Magnaflow muffler. Heard a Silverado on the street the other day and talked to the owner and his system sounded like I want: real mellow at idle and not a lot of noise when accelerating. He went with a in-stock TURBO muffler-single in, dual out- from a local muffler shop. Cost was $150.00. I will talk to them this week and let you know more.

clay
  • Options
    should make it better?

You'd think cold would be when it comes off?

Mine be fine

Good Luck on this one now!

...err...who said that?

- Tim
  • Options
    A buddy told me he heard the new HD line is 2" taller than the previous 2500's.

whoohoo!

Thank god for tall garage doors!

- Tim
  • Options
    Seems that the toyota tundra is shrinking compared to the competition literally haha

Ryan
  • Options
    That's cool

The current engine I have now is fine for the HD...i am going to pass on an 8.1....unless I get the urge for some dumb reason...

- Tim
  • Options
    hey Kyle do you have the part #'s of the bilstein shocks front and rear? I found a website but it didnt have silverado i had to put in K1500 just verifying the right numbers Thanks

Ryan
  • Options
    Mike (one who sold shocks to kyle). Where did you get em at and how much did you pay for em. Thanks

Ryan
  • Options
    check perf products catalog. they have the right info part #'s.

kyle
  • Options
    dch0300dch0300 Member Posts: 472
    Chris,
    Let me know if you have any luck in ordering your
    2001 Silverado with Two-tone (black/pewter).
    Today it will be 3 weeks now that my dealer has been trying to order my 2001 Silverado Z-71 ext-cab with Two-tone (white/pewter). All previous orders have been rejected because of the two-tone paint option. Apparently GM is not currently able to make trucks with two-tone paint. I hope today is the day !!!!!

-David
  • Options
    mledtjemledtje Member Posts: 1,123
    I got them from an internet 4 wheel drive place. I don't even remember who it was. Including shipping it was right at $250.

Mike L
  • Options
    Dean:

Mine was built in Canada. Where Rock and Roll was invented.

Richard
  • Options
    99crewcab199crewcab1 Member Posts: 79
    I know this was covered a while back, but I've finally decided to Zaino my 2000 Sierra. What products to I have to buy from the Bros. The truck is Pewter
  • Options
    I used Z1,Z2, & Z5 on my indigo blue truck and it looked great. I dont know to much about the other stuff but im sure others here can answer it for ya

Ryan
This discussion has been closed.