Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lost? Ask a Host for Help!

Comments

• Options
    siddysiddy Member Posts: 1
    I have a 99 Accord 1.8ES. Climate control has suddenly stopped working - temperature display OK (shows 18C when on fully auto etc) but only belts out hot air. Fans appear to be working normally. Is the Climate Control fused????

Hondaluvver
  • Options
    rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    I don't see where it was moved ?

Rocky
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Answered in the reply to the email you sent me rocky
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Try posting here: Honda Accord Climate Control Questions. You can find other topics which might interest you in this group: Honda Accord.
  • Options
    Well Pat, told me I can't have another one. :sick:

Rocky
  • Options
    troyantroyan Member Posts: 9
    I've had the timing chains, guides and gears replaced under warranty by Suzuki. but now, I've got a flickering oil light and valves ticking noise after 3,000 miles after the repairs. Suzuki, the dealer rep and the service manager have said they have washed their hands of the car because the original work was done 200 miles after the warranty has expired. I had 100,203 miles on it when they FINALLY agreed it was under warranty. It was a "good faith" repair. Another mechanic has told me to check the oil pump screen to see if any junk has accumulated on it, from the previous repair. The question i have now is this.... WHERE do i find a book on removing the oil pan and how to do it?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Depending on the year, try Suzuki Grand Vitara (2005 and earlier) or if you drive a heck of a lot, then ask in the Suzuki Grand Vitara 2006 and newer discussion. The Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion is another option.
  • Options
    flyermartflyermart Member Posts: 1
    Can't find a 94 grand cherokee O2 sensor location? looked everywhere. need pictures of location. V8 5.2 liter 94 laredo.
  • Options
    Try one of the discussions in the Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee group.
  • Options
    Um, rocky, I'm working very hard with you to get another discussion going. :sick:
  • Options
    horsenponyhorsenpony Member Posts: 1
    Where in the ???? did ford put the fuel relay reset switch in an 89 ranger? Also where is the fuel pump on the same truck?

thanks
  • Options
    Well I finally got one up. Now I need to find people that like these cars that want to talk about them :)

Thanks,

Rocky
  • Options
    Try the Ford Ranger group of discussions. Probably the Maintenance and Repair or the Engine questions one.
  • Options
    masterscoutmasterscout Member Posts: 1
    I got a 95 jeep wrangler with a broken fresh air vent. I can see where the problem is but can not figure out how to get to it to fix it. The vent comes off okay, but there is not enough room to get my hand to where the cable has came loose to fix. Is there any other way to get to the cable? Thanks
  • Options
    Try asking the folks hanging out in the discussions at this link: Jeep Wrangler. You can post in an existing topic or if you don't see something suitable you can use the Add Discussion link to add a new one.
  • Options
    kimr77kimr77 Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my Versa SL with the audio package and was not impressed with the sound quality. It's supposed to be upgraded from the stock stereo right? Just wanted to see if anyone else was disappointed with their audio package or if I need to return to the dealer and make sure I got the upgrade I paid for. Thanks for any input!!
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You'll want to stop by Nissan Versa - Audio questions (iPod, speakers, AUX, etc.).

tidester, host
  • Options
    gdueringgduering Member Posts: 4
    I am trying to decide which auto is the better buy. Prices and features being equal ($7900) which is the better buy: 1997 Honda SE Accord with 95000 miles or a 2003 Buick Century with 71000 miles?
  • Options
    1bassman1bassman Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 1999 Camry. Elderly previous owner said that radio had worked. Seems to be no power to it. I checked all the fuses that I know of, and they are good. Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Dennis
  • Options
    You can check the individual Honda Accord Sedan and Buick Century topics along with Help Me Choose!.

tidester, host
  • Options
    I would start in Toyota Camry Fuse and Electrical Questions.

tidester, host
  • Options
    krissyjokrissyjo Member Posts: 1
    My boyfriend's truck is about to die and he's looking for reviews and information on '99 Sonoma's. Where do I start?
  • Options
    I'd start scanning the discussions in the Chevrolet S-10 & GMC S15 Sonoma group.

Reviews of the '98 (and other years, but not the '99) can be found on Inside Line and there you'll find links to detailed specs and TMV pricing at Edmunds.com.

That should keep him occupied for a few hours. :shades:
  • Options
    boulderblondeboulderblonde Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I just got my 2007 Hybrid Camry with navigation but need a new phone to make Bluetooth work. I have a T-Mobile so need to stay with one of their phones. What's the least complicated and most reliable phone? I'm really new to Bluetooth, but excited to use it! Thanks! Ida
  • Options
    It's not specific to the hybrid, but try the Toyota Camry Bluetooth Questions discussion. Or ask in one of the discussions in the Toyota Camry Hybrid group.
  • Options
    mivirtue69mivirtue69 Member Posts: 2
    i just signed up and have a question about my car but i follow the links to get to the posts but there's no option to put up my own post. am i missing something?? help
  • Options
    Each discussion is a list of messages posted by other registered members. Posted messages are displayed sequentially by date and time of entry with the most recent message displayed at the end.

To post a comment or ask another member a specific question, click the 'Reply' button next to their message. Enter your comment/question in the text box and click "Post My Message." Your message will contain a link to the post you are replying to. Or go to the very end of a discussion (the "Last" link) and you'll find the Post a Message box there.

You can start a new discussion if you wish, but people tend to subscribe to the main discussions (see the Track this Discussion button) and will probably respond to you fasted in an existing discussion.
  • Options
    smiley61smiley61 Member Posts: 1
    2006 Toyota Tacoma
    I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Prerunner.I am wanting to change out the Rear view mirror(which is just a mirror) to a Homelink-Compass-Tempature mirror.And is wondering if it is pre-wired for this option from the factory?.Thanks Smiley61
  • Options
    The Toyota Tacoma group should have a discussion to post your question in - I'd suggest starting in the Toyota Tacoma 2005+ one. And you can do a "Search This Discussion" in there to find older mirror posts while you wait for a response.
  • Options
    Check out the Toyota Tacoma group for related discussions.

tidester, host
  • Options
    blinddateblinddate Member Posts: 3
    I'm new to lesing and was wondering what is the difference is between Lease cash and Bonus cash? How do they factor in to a lease deal? In other words, do you make the best deal you can, and then subtract each from that negotiated price?

Also, where would one find the current lease cash, bonus cash, base lease rate and residual value for a 2007 3.8 CTS?
  • Options
    Ask in the Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences discussion for the make/model you are interested in - in this case the Cadillac CTS: Lease Questions one.
  • Options
    toslattoslat Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

I am a student in the sf bay area and looking for a good & affordable mechanic in the bay area to fix my honda accord 03 EX v6 suspension problems.

A body shop too will be nice
  • Options
    I think I'd try the Honda Accord: Dealer Service Issues discussion.
  • Options
    nikki8nikki8 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1994 toyota corrola. Recently i met with an accident and my right sidelight (i am not sure, whether its known as parking light) was broken. It contains the indicator part also(yellow cover). The whole cover assembly was broken.

Can anyone throw me some lights on how to fix this? What is the part name known as and how to fix it? Is it easy to fix (or) do i need to take it to the mechanic.

Steven
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    It's called the front directional light "body"...that's the part that fits in the car and holds the bulb....then you have the lens, then you have a trim piece. I guess the whole shebang is called a directional light assembly.

Sounds like a wrecking yard is where you want to go for this.

You may or may not need the "body"...depends if it got distorted to the point where a new lens and trim won't fit on it.
  • Options
    sandman7sandman7 Member Posts: 3
    when i go to where i want to post there is no way to create a dicussion and im signed in. I cant post unless i go under a topic already created
  • Options
    It looks like you figured it out: sandman7, "Blazer 4WD Problem" #5, 17 Feb 2007 11:09 pm

tidester, host
  • Options
    docinscdocinsc Member Posts: 1
    Just got a 2000 Jeep Wrangler 4L engine. Previous owner lost the Owner's Handbook. I'm going to change the fluids tomorrow and need to know how much I need. Can someone please help me.
    Thanks,
    Doc
  • Options
    Hi Doc, someone in the Jeep Wrangler Maintenance and Repair Questions (1997 - 2006) discussion should be able to help.
  • Options
    rc21839rc21839 Member Posts: 3
    First let me preface this post by saying, I know nothing about cars. I just purchased a 2002 Mazda Millenia from a reputable used car dealer (if there's still such a thing) and want to get it completely checked out to make sure its not a lemon. My question is..what exactly do I say when I take it to the mechanic? Do i explain to him that I just purchased this car and want to check it out? Additionally, how much should this cost me?
  • Options
    Try the Buying New vs. Used Vehicles discussion (where someone will undoubtedly recommend that you to have a mechanic check out the car before you buy it next time).

You'll probably enjoy the Mazda Millenia discussion too, especially the 27/28mpg posts! Congrats on the new ride.
  • Options
    mjmlammjmlam Member Posts: 1
    The blower fan for the heat does not work but works in the rear of the minivan. I can feel heat coming out the front vents but no air. I can hear the fan operating in the rear.

Can we fix this ourselves? Is it easy? Or is this for the mechanic?

Any comments are greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
  • Options
    chedinchedin Member Posts: 3
    On my 1993 Grand Caravan, the blower connector plug on the firewall under the hood had melted. I soldered the wires directly to the connector and it solved the problem.
  • Options
    savage2003savage2003 Member Posts: 1
    My son has a 98 dodge stratus that he has had for 6 months. Our question is WHERE IS THE BATTERY? And how do you remove it whenever it is found?
  • Options
    british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    I think on those cars it is on the driver's side underneath the windshield washer tank.

Ask here though just to make sure Dodge Stratus Board
  • Options
    The place to post this question would be in the Chrysler Town & Country Electrical Problems discussion.
  • Options
    myzoomyzoo Member Posts: 2
    Help do not know where to post this to get a answer
    Here is a weird one: Only getting semi-warm air out of defrost and dash vents when full hot selected on temp control. Getting hot air out of vent to back seats that is located on back side of seat console. Cable attached to temp control panel seems to be O.K. Don't really feel like pulling inst. panel, not fun! Anyone got good ideas what might be the problem??
  • Options
    Heasd on over to the Dodge Durango Group and post your question in the maintenance and repair discussion you'll find there.
  • Options
    littledevinelittledevine Member Posts: 2
    A couple days ago i went to get in my 94' automatic jetta and it wouldn't start. The mileage was blank and so was the time. When i went to put the lights go, my alarm went off. After putting my key in the lock and locking and unlocking it a few times the alarm shut off and my car started. My radio went into safe mode until i unlocked it with a code. Now today I went to start my car and nothing electrical will turn on. Not the lights, the radio, the inside light, the time, or anything-including the ignition. Does anyone know what I can do? I have a feeling someone tried to break into my car and messed up my alarm system.

Please help me!

Thank you!