Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV

Comments

• mgdvhmanmgdvhman Posts: 4,162
    ...how about boat!...(you know...the thing F150 cleans)

- Tim
  • bigsnagbigsnag Posts: 394
    I guess I don't agree with the idea that imports offer cheaper thrills. Yeah, they are cheap cars and the engines are cheap, but why not go out an buy a fox-body slap a $3500 Vortech or ATI on it and turn 12's all day long and get 20+ mpg. With that combo you get a long lasting engine and power on tap at any time, no shut down and reboot. You can't tell me that you can go faster cheaper with an import. It's not that expensive to get a 5.0 into the 11's or even lower, either. Someone mentioned $9000 for an import to break 12's. I doubt it's that cheap first of all and second a fox-body can be put into the 11's for $9K pretty easy. I'm sure the same type of performance per dollar is attainable with f-body's, too.
  • I agree wholeheartedly. And we've only been talking about power here so far. When you through in handling it is no contest. Don't get me wrong. I loved my 69 Camaro. But the thing would wheel hop like crazy if I stomped it hard (which I frequently did as witnessed by the 4 sets of motor mounts I trashed in turn before getting the heavy duty ones with built-in limiter hooks) and it would spin around with the slightest amount of moisture/slickness on the road. The old muscle cars, including most especially the Vettes, were straight away cars and nothing like real sports cars. All of today's cars put them to shame in handling. Even the cheapest imports tend to be like Ferraris by comparison....
  • mrurlmrurl Posts: 116
    When I mentioned the Honda dragracing, I wasn't talking about street racing. I was talking about quarter mile track racing at NHRA sanctioned events. I say sone coverage of it on Horsepower TV a couple of weeks ago.

Peter
  • Racing on the street is for 'losers'.

Add Shirley Muldowney, Don Garlits, Don Prudhomme, Indy car champ Mario Andretti, and every legendary NASCAR driver to Quadrunner's list of losers.

The street is where they all got their start.

That must be some exclusive winners club you must be in, Quadrunner.
  • Why are you afraid of the race track for settling your grudges with the pony cars? Because somebody there is faster, whereas in your dreams you can be fastest? That's my definition of a loser, twig boy. Get a dose of reality. You'll only be famous for being stupid by racing on the street. Bracket racing? Please...you've never done it, obviously. You need to.
    I've been to the dragway....I have yet to see a honda....or an asian....

.The 11 second stang I talked about is timed with a real clock.....and no..not a timex..

- Tim
    ..and it starts by the christmas tree....not the Oak tree!

- Tim
  • While I am delighted to see you MOSTLY stay on AUTOMOTIVE topics....

this is a TRUCK forum. Take the "hot iron" discussions to the CLASSIC CARS forum please.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host

Quietly lusting after a '68 Mustang Shelby Cobra....
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/stories/03ram/ram_render.html

hmmmm Kinda looks like a tundra to me

Ryan
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Posts: 324
    looks like the current.. well Dodge.. hehe.. for me anyway..

Speaking of Dodge, I saw one with the rear window opening as if it was a power window. The glass just slid open smoothly. I didn't see a hand sliding it open. It was way cool. Standard/Option on Rams or after market?
    Rwag has one...

- Tim
  • Looks nothing like a Tundra. Can you say RUMBLE? It will give Dodge owners what they need.
  • cdeancdean Posts: 1,110
    I like the original Ram concept PUTC showed...the grill on this latest one looks just like the current one....whoa, sounding like the GM critics!
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Was nice. WHered that go???

Ryan
  • Looked like taller wheels/tires too, but I think the rendering otherwise amounts to not much more change than the cross on the grill. The engine choices for Hemi 5.7 & 6.1L is the exclamation point.
    still be #3 for sales....

- Tim
  • jcmdiejcmdie Posts: 595
    The power wagon concept truck idea will be used as the basis for the 2003 heavy duty series dodge. The 1500 will get the body you see in the link which is a criper body than the current. They opted to make it look like a natural progression from one to another than coming up with all new lines. Besides the body lines have a lot to do with thier current sucess.
    is the ONLY reason for success!

...sold more in 94 than the 20 years before it...

LOL

..OK..and the .005% that want a diesel get it for the cummins...

All this crap about Dodge fans saying the GM didn't chnage much....uh huh....take a looksee in the mirror boys!

LOL

- Tim
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Posts: 1,352
    All this crap about Dodge fans saying the GM
    didn't chnage much....uh huh....take a looksee in
    the mirror boys!

LOL

- Tim

Does that mean the GM trucks are behind us???
    over the head alright...

- Tim
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,054
    forgot he drove a dodge, thought he drove a ford...but hey, who can tell the difference nowadays. Ford, dodge, all the same to me. LOL

Dean
    NEVER!!!!!

I'm just saying that to look in one's mirror must mean the GM vehicle must be behind.(As GM usually is) Oh crap! I'm starting to sound like youz guys.

That "see you in the rear view mirror" BS from dbf150etc. must have finally gotten to 'ol Tim.
    GM hasn't changed....and Dodge makes big changes..aka 94 style....now the 2002 looks just like the 94!.....soooooo...Look in the mirror boys!

....was it that confusing?

...."if you can understand the me....then I can understand the you"

- James Hetfield
    Just ask red and now Oby.
    Now you're getting me confused too. What is it that you are trying to say? I got the part about the mirrors, so why did I think you drove a Dodge? And doesn't our friend dbhull also drive a Ford? I know for sure you don't drive a Toyota...
  • my chevy TRUCK (ok meredith to say that) and
    since owning it, have learned to appreciate the
    other makes as well. what gets me though is that
    you can't reply to someone here without getting
    your post axed because it didn't contain the word
    TRUCK in it.
  • z71billz71bill Posts: 2,000
    This can't be right - the Dakota can tow 5,000 pounds. I see 2500 & 3500 Rams towing large trailers all the time. What is the punch line?
    that would make you as rich as Jed Clampett...
  • Where is the link? I searched a couple of news services and could find nothing (how could they miss this big a settlement?). Just a little sceptical (my Dad's from Missouri, perhaps that's why?).

FWIW: YTD through August Sales and, for more detail, Autosite August Truck Sales
This discussion has been closed.