Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV

Comments

• rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Posts: 1,006
    Even when being beat by the Tundra you make apologies for the chevy. You lament that your regular cab chevy, with a larger engine, lost ground to the Access cab Tundra because it carried a heavier passenger. That argument is as weak as the Tundra's stock horn. ;)
    should read "crate engine"
    Rented "the informant"! Great movie about big tobacco companies and their strongarm tactics used to crush testimony from company execs turned whistleblowers.....How is trucks4me/rubluetoo?
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    I checked out the Chevy before buying my Tundra.

Chevy - 70's era styling Fisher - Price chintzy plastic interior

Weak brakes - the Tundra handily outbrakes it with its drum rear brakes. Leave it to Chevy to come out with weak disk brakes. And there is a NHTSA recall out on their antilock brakes. That is Chevy quality (or lack thereof) for you.

Numerous rattles, squeeks, wind noise, road noise etc. on the Demo truck I drove. The salesman said that it was normal - they all do that.

Horrible handling with the 4X4. It needs rack and pinion steering (that works) like the Tundra.

The Chevy does have a slightly bigger back seat, but my Nissan sedan puts it to shame. My 70 yr old father in law rode in the back seat of my Tundra for 325 miles without one complaint. I got 19.5 mpg while going 75 to 80mph most of the way including a 4000 ft climb. I consider this excellent for a extended cab full size 4X4 pickup.

And let us not forget that Consumer Reports is already rating your '99 Silverado as a used vehicle to avoid. Way to go Chevy! J.D Powers rates chevies 26th - right there with Hyundais.

The Toyota Tundra won 2000 J.D Powers award for best quality in a full size pickup. And it did this in its first year of production.

The Tundra has a 5yr, 60,000 mile drivetrain warranty. (not that it will need it). The Chevy has a 3yr, 36,000 mile warranty (it will need it)

Quad - my advice is to unload that piece of junk Chevy while it is still worth something. Get a real full size truck - the Tundra.

I agree that the Tundra horn is not very loud. Darn - I guess I will have to spend $30 to replace my horn.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Posts: 4,162
    ....Tundra.....full size..

ROTFLMFAO!

- Tim
  • swobigswobig Posts: 634
    I don't even know what that means, but it sounds good to me!

rwell,
    You and your buddies childish names. Tell you what - I have a buddie that has a one ton Dodge, I'll get a piece of rope/chain, drive to where ever the hell you live, hook em together, and we'll see first hand who can outpull the other. Sound stupid? Done it before and it's pretty fun. But I gotta tell you I already know what the result would be...
    I'll put my riding tractor in the Dodge and after it blows you away, we'll hook up my garden tractor to you Toy - now there's a battle!!!
    ...if it's a Deere....that's not fair...

LOL

- Tim
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    fisher price interior bama you really like to hear yourself say the same thing over and over dont you.

Toyota only outbreaks the silverado cause it weighs less. DUH it doesnt take a genious to figure that one out.

Ryan
  • bamatundrabamatundra Posts: 1,583
    Or is it Werking? Or is it BCO? Or is it Werking?

It doesn't surprise me that you accuse other posters of changing identities since you know about it first hand.

I have no need to change identities. Now you, on the other hand with your childish "Tundra dicks" post apparently do have a need.

I don't blame you for lashing out. It seems that a lot of Chevy owners are insecure about their truck purchase. Chevy managed to make Consumer Reports used vehicles to avoid with the '99 Silverado already. The 2000 can't be far behind.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,054
    The similarities are incredible. f150rules and you. Did you take a few lessons from him? Dan, I mean..... ;)
    "I don't even know what that means, but it sounds
    good to me!"

....the words of yet another "informed" domestic truck owner. ;)

ROTFLMFAO
    My neighbor just 2 houses down bought a brand new silverado. He drove by my house for 2 weeks untill his truck started with that awful "clank" sound going over the speedbump and his "superior" disc brakes were squealing like pigs. Now his embarrassment forces him to drive 2 blocks out of his way, just so he can avoid being humiliated in front of a "Tundra owners" house. I feel bad for him but at the same time he acted all smug the first day he drove it home.
    I will continue to humbly drive my Tundra and try really hard not to snicker at his albatross...er, I mean silverado.
    same old crap eh? Sorry I'm not as informed as you "think" you are. So now that you think you can out pull a Dodge one ton are you going to try to out run a Viper, or out carry a Caravan, or get better mileage than a Neon. Sorry, bud your Toy can't do any of those thing, but keep comming up with those stories - good entertanment. And you can come up with better names than slowbig - come on, I'm dissapointed...
  • redsilveradoredsilverado Posts: 1,000
    a stupid soap opera. leave for 1-2 months and you
    can pick up almost where you left off. LOL BTW
    guys, ca...can...can't we all just get along or
    do we go to tim's site and let's really get it
    on. what'd you say, anyone care to spout off
    where there isn't gonna be a referee?
    ...Kyle changed his name to BCO due to a nickname we came up with....he made it clear who he was...and not hiding like others do...

Get the facts before you spew..

- Tim
    One more time for the understanding impaired:

I'm not the one who said the Dodge 3500 could not tow 8000lbs. So who did?.........

Dodge representitives themselves admitted to that
    fact in court!!!!

If you don't like the truth...that's too bad, suck it up and press on! If
    you want to get mad, take it up with Dodge and
    their false claims/advertising.
    ..so what you are saying is you said it?

- Tim
    BAMA

BCO aka werking did state clearly why he changed his name and who he was. It was no mystery you ......... ill leave that to your imagination.

Whats this brake squealing thing? Something else made up???

Ryan
    Whenever i drive past this guys house that has a tundra ny my gf its always in the garage. I am still wondering why its in the garage everyday it never leaves that spot. It doesnt even tow his bass boat. (ive seen it hooked up to his 4runner).

Ryan
    If you can't beat them, join em. Ok, I can't take this anymore...I said it! You got that! I SAID IT!!!! ;)
    So the Tundra is always there when you go to pick up your girlfriend?
    in a neighbors garage on her block. I notice it only cause everytime the garage is open. Its a nice looking truck but ive never seen it outta the garage
    maybe he is preserving it...hoping one day twenty years from now it'll be a classic and sell for thirty grand...
    ..alllriighttyy then...

- Tim
    so you admit it. Dodge one ton can't tow 8000#, but a Tundra can tow 7200# - Toyota must be better right?

The new 4.2L I-6 from GM sounds like a good little motor. 270 horse is impressive - even has more horsepower the I-Force V-8 Toyota Tundra. hehehe
    "so you admit it. Dodge one ton can't tow 8000#,
    but a Tundra can tow 7200# - Toyota must be better
    right?"

Yes! I agree with this statemant.
    Maybe his garage is always open because he just ran in there, before you came. Try going over to your girlfriends house unannounced.
    I have i am going in a little bit. Ill put $100 down that his garage is open and his truck is in there.

Ryan
    truck, it's where is the neighbor?
This discussion has been closed.