Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Accord Problems 2000-2005

1250251252253254256»

Comments

• Options
    jahnu04jahnu04 Member Posts: 58
    My friend bought a 2006 4-cyl Accord EX in the first week of November, his car has been pulling to the left since day two. Instead of enjoying the car he has been trying to get the problem fixed by going to the dealer quite often. Past weekend, they shifted the sub-frame and he now says it pulls to the right.

A week back he asked me test drive his car to see if it really pulls to the left and I did notice the left pull, I also noticed the vibration in the gas pedal. I brought this to his attention but he did not notice it. I own a Mazda6 (V6), Xterra and a ranger, I don't feel that kind of vibration in my car/trucks. This was the first time I was driving the accord, the only thing that impressed me was the supportive driver's seat. I noticed the gas pedal vibration immediately and felt as if I was driving a diesel truck.
  • Options
    bill59bill59 Member Posts: 11
    Usually the digital display panel that includes the clock, HVAC, radio/CD changer lights up with the instrument panel the moment the key enters the ignition. Not any longer. It suddenly went dark, or didn't come on. Does anyone have any thoughts re the problem? Is it a bulb and if so is it something I can replace myself? I doubt it is a fuse because I doubt Honda would have a fuse for just one display. The radio, etc. seem to work fine, and the instrument panel and other lights, too.

Many thanks for your thoughts.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Okay, we're probably going to split up the forum in the next few days. We're not quite sure yet how the split will go, generationally speaking, but nothing is carved in stone. Blane's right we need to make the Accord topics more manageable due to their great size and scope.

Shifty the Host
  • Options
    ramidaramida Member Posts: 67
    What's wrong with this 2006 Accord SE brake? You really need to push it hard in order to come to a complete stop! It's the exact opposite of the 03 Accord's "too grabby" brake characteristic when these 7th generations Accords first came out.

ramida
  • Options
    nick27nick27 Member Posts: 1
    i just put a stereo in my accord and now the clock and stereo restart everytime i turn my car on. ive tried everything. the yellow constant wire doesn't seem to have power.
  • Options
    mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    Do a search on the subject, you will find that it is a common problem.

Currently, your only option is to go to the Honda dealer and complain. They should offer a goodwill replace/repair at a discount price since this has happened numerous times.

Mrbill
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Shifty,

I suggested "breaking it" at 1998 because that was the first year of the sixth generation Accords. I thought that perhaps discussions about the last two generations would be somewhat compatible. Frankly, I'd prefer the break to start at 2003, but others may not.
  • Options
    webby1webby1 Member Posts: 209
    Is your accord a 4 or 6 cyl ?
    My wife's 2006 V6 and it is silky smooth...so far !....300km.
    Webby
  • Options
    stitch22stitch22 Member Posts: 3
    While driving my 1988 Accord. The only time my check Engine light comes on is when i'm driving above 60MPH. Never any other time this happens about every other day..Any quick fixs?????
  • Options
    pdhariapdharia Member Posts: 1

I have Honda Accord 2001 EX. My car was dead for a month. I gave a jump and it did start. After driving around for 30 minutes, I parked and turned off Engine. I tried to start again but it did not start. Please let me know what could be a problem.

Thanks.