Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Black is a hard to KEEP clean color. 15 minutes after a wash you can see dust on the finish. Automatic car washes are very hard on the finish, and will leave swirl marks that will need buffing out, by someone that knows what they are doing. Even the touchless washes are not great, as they don't get all the dirt off the vehicle.

That said, there is no color that looks better when clean. :shades: (IMO)
  • jacobsmomma1jacobsmomma1 Member Posts: 32
    Hello all. Its been awhile but we have been busy searching for the car we want. We live in RI and this exact trim is hard to find - they have FWD but we want AWD which we always had. Finally found it today 5/22 at Toyota Nashua - 80 miles+ from where we live. This is an excellent dealership and we had a haggle-free experience with them. I will gladly email anyone who want salesperson names.

MSRP is 45,339 and here is the breakdown:
    39,770 Base Price
    220 Special Color
    4,025 Limited Premium package
    800 Delivery processing and handling fee
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    44,815 This matches truecar and edmunds
    67 Alloy wheel locks
    82 Extra 2 wireless headphones (so we have 4)
    51 Cargo Net
    324 Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    45,339 total sticker/msrp price

41,195 is the negotiated price internet/phone. I believe this is $200 below the total invoice price including options. I asked for $500 below invoice and they said that they can do on LE but not on this model. After we agreed on $41,195, Internet Sales rep requested $500 deposit but found out the next day that they never charged my card - they just needed credit card info to hold the car for me.

13,000 tradein value - they matched the offer we got from carmax so we are happy with this deal as well. 349 doc fees is what they charge. We got a 3.99% for 6 years or 2.99% for 5 years from AAA. They matched it with 3.74% APR for 6 years with TMCC (Toyota Motors). Lastly, we got the 2yr free maintenance.

We also got the $668 5 yrs/unlimited miles tire warranty - we got this because we had a friend who has the old Sienna with run flat tires and it cost them $1000 to replace all four. We understand that this does not cover wear & tear but covers the any damage to the tire and rims (except if you hit a curb).

Last week, we also made a deal with another Toyota dealer. Prior to going there they also had a Sienna LTD AWD Blizzard Pearl with premium package MSRP is 44,815 (no other options). I didnt want to put a deposit on the car over the phone because they wouldnt disclose the selling price and just kept saying $500 below invoice (I was skeptical on what their invoice price is). The Blizzard Pearl was sold when we arrived at the dealer. They then convinced us that they can do a delaer locate & swap in 3-4 days and there are 11 in the area. The catch is we need to settle on a deal on the LTD AWD Salsa Red they have in stock which they will swap. We agreed on the price for both Sienna and our tradein which is not bad. The problem is 1 week have passed and they are not able to do the swap. Their financing was not able to match the AAA APR and they never mentioned the 2yr free maintenance to us. They are now offering us to order it and wait for 3-4 weeks or buy a different vehicle (Blizzard Pearl LTD FWD or Salsa Red that they have). We just decided to cancel the deal with them.

I am so glad we didnt agree to order since we now have our Swagger Wagon home. :shades:

Email me at jacobsmom885@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Thank you all for all the inputs - this forum has been very helpful.!
  • dann80dann80 Member Posts: 18
    Wow, they were willing to go $500 below invoice on a LE? I wonder how they can afford that. Their holdback amount would seem to barely cover this amount.
    The dealership knew the customer wanted a Sienna Limited, not the LE. So they could say they would go $500 under, knowing the LE was not what the customer wanted.
    I am not an expert on whether the holdback amount is included/excluded in the invoice price found in truecar.com. If you have tried that site there is another price lower than invoice which is dealer cost, so this tells me that they are still making money even at invoice. I also noticed that edmunds invoice is lower compared to truecar - dont know who is right but the invoice of all dealers I have spoken with matches truecar and not edmunds.

The lowest quote I received in truecar in my zip area is $100 below invoice from Balise Toyota of Warwick. Prime Toyota and Route 44 Toyota both came back and said they can beat that at $500 below invoice. However, both of them used to have the Pearl but has been sold and I now have to order it. Toyota of Nashua has the Blizzard Pearl in stock but only agreed to $200 below invoice.

$300 difference for us is better than waiting for 3-4 weeks. We are VERY HAPPY with our purchase :)
    That is a possibility but it wouldnt hurt to call the 3 dealers and ask. I wasn't skeptical since I received that offer from 2 other dealers who also knew i wanted Limited AWD. The 2 other dealers offered the $500 below invoice on any Sienna trim. I wouldnt recommend Prime though due to the experience we had but maybe it will be different for others.
  • hokiehighhokiehigh Member Posts: 16
    purchase was made at Fitzgerald Toyota @ Gaithersburg, MD. Highly recommend.
  • 2000sienna12000sienna1 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks all for your input. Based on all the info in the posts, I knew the purchase price I should be negotiating for Here are a few important points I would like to share, and I'm pretty sure many of you had this type of experience in this area of the world.

Firstly, please be aware that dealerships in NNJ and CNJ area are not that easily going to quote you a price online or via email, you might have to work hard just to get that number.

Then if you're determined on a upgraded Sienna trim and with package features, which are not the bulk of the sales and available inventory,then there's less chance they have it on their lot. You might be told its available, as a way of lure you to the dealership however once you arrive there, you'll be told eventually it was just sold prior to your arrival-which you know is not true.

Additionally, since they probably dont have the car on the lot and they have to swap with another dealership either affiliated or not, you have less of a chance making a deal on the spot by offering your lowest price.

Furthermore, if the car is not on the lot, you might be told you"ll have the car in a day or 2, when in reality you might have to wait days if not weeks.

Quotes over the phone have little meaning, as you'll probably be told in person, it was a misunderstanding.

Apparently many salesmen think that they will benefit in the long run by being sleezy. In truth, most of us have a sense what an honest dealer is, and will only work with someone we find to be trustworthy,

Im not sure what the Emunds policy is, is it okay to mention the name of dealer and sales person that I found to be pleasurable working with ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    All very true as I am a NJ shopper for a XLE also. My rule was if the dealer did not have the van I wanted on the lot I would not bother to go to the dealership. What made it even more difficult was I wanted a plain XLE in one particular color. I notice some NJ dealers had XLEs but usually they were loaded with NAVI/DVD entertainment or both. If you are looking for one with permium you may have a better chance to buy it in NJ. That's why I made the journey to MD to get my van. Good luck in your search.
  • billikidsbillikids Member Posts: 10
    I've got a 2003 black 4Runner and I wouldn't say it is hard to clean. It's as easy to clean as any other car :). It doesn't hide dirt as well as other colors, but I've never seen it as a big deal. And, I've had it since Dec of '02 and the color hasn't faded a bit...
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I think they menat Toyota offers the vehicle for crash testing, but it's conducted by IIHS at their facility.
  • kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 14
    The wait is over! My new Sienna arrived 5/24 after waiting for its arrival since ordered on May 1st. They told us 6 weeks but we got it ahead of schedule.

Sticker was 33,500. Only options we added were floor mats/sill protectors and mud guards. Didn't get NAV or DVD. Our price was 30,650 before TTL (33,200.00 out the door). In hindsight we may have been able to negotiate a teeny bit more, but in the end I am happy with what we paid.

I love the black! I would have had more regrets if we went with an easier color than one that I actually love.
  • drgasdrgas Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Please let me know if the price is OK and if I can go ahead.... Thank you

These are the specifications for my 2011 Sienna

FWD, 3.5-Liter V6, XLE 8-Passenger, 6-Speed Automatic
    OPTIONS
    XLE Premium Package with Additional Options:
    •[FE] 50 state emissions
    •[PM] XLE Premium Package - includes Dual-View Entertainment Center [15] with two wireless headphones [31], voice-activated touch-screen DVD navigation system [12] with Panorama Camera [6] including integrated backup camera with two views (regular mode and wide-angle mode) and on-screen backup guides, JBL® AM/FM/MP3 4-disc CD changer, ten speakers, XM® Radio [3] with XM NavTraffic™ [12] (includes 90-day trial subscriptions), auxiliary audio jack, USB [9] port with iPod® [10] connectivity, hands-free phone capability and music streaming via Bluetooth® [11] wireless technology, Smart Key System [16] on all doors with Push Button Start and remote illuminated entry, chrome-accented outside door handles, rear parking sonar and Safety Connect™
    Exterior:Silver Sky Metallic
    Interior:XLE textured leather in Bisque
    Accessories:

Paint Protection Film [38] (3P)
    Mudguards [39] (DI01)
    Carpet Floor Mats with Door Sill Protectors [38] (CF)
    Wireless Headphones [38] (WH)
    Remote Engine Start [38] (V4)

This is the quote that I got after negotiations

"Sienna for $35,734.99. Add ons $896.00. Title $225.00. Sales tax $2394.01. Total $39,250.00 OTD "
    Congrats. Daddy like.
  • sienna_ownersienna_owner Member Posts: 12
    I also waited for almost 2 months, and finally got my silver XLE with DVD ( + floor mats) for $32,000 + tax & fees. It seems XLE base and w/ DVD are the most popular models in my area. Most of dealers have those sold out very quickly. I bought mine when the car just landed on the dealer parking lot (only 2 miles on the car when I bought it :-)
    The dealer offered me a better deal on a different color car. But I like the silver, and it worths the wait.
    Price seems fine.

You can try to lower it down to 39K even - they will probably give in since its close to end of month. Truecar.com indicates that best price for the Sienna with premium is $35,566.

Lastly, dont forget to ask for the free 2 year maintenance being offered by Toyota - I believe its good until 6/1.
    I agree not to go to the dealership if the van is not there. In our experience though, the van is still in their online inventory and still in their lot when we dropped in but were told that it is already sold. The good thing out of it is that we were able to confirm that it is really what we want. We even got a good deal during the negotiation. The only problem is they were not able to get one in the 72 hour timeframe that they promised and we just cant wait for 3-4 weeks.
  • sclescle Member Posts: 7
    LE AWD with the following options:
    Wheel Locks (alloy) [38] (WL) $67
    Carpet Floor Mats with Door Sill Protectors [38] (CF) $324
    Cargo Organizer [38] (9H) $239
    Tow prep Kit $220
    MSRP $32780

Paid 28800 without TTL

How did I do?
    Sounds quite good, actually. Congrats.
  • retriever1retriever1 Member Posts: 8
    Just picked up my vehicle on order for the past 6 weeks.
    Sienna Limited 2 WD
    Base: $38500
    Limited Premium Package: $4025
    Convenience Package: $890
    Advanced Technology Package: $1800
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill: $324
    Roof Rack Cross Bars: $185
    Special Color (Blizzard Pearl): $220
    Destination Charge: $800
    Total MSRP: $46,744

I paid $42838 before tax & licenses

Also: $0deductable/7-year/100k platinum warranty plan for $889 from a Kansas City Dealership (local dealer quoted me more than $3k for the same warranty plan!!!)

San Diego, CA
    Retriever1
  • new_member098new_member098 Member Posts: 2
    Finally got delivery of my 2011 Sienna XLE Gray Mica Color + CF with no other options for $30,300 before tax and title fee. OTD: 32,300.

Was disappointed that dealer said car has tow prep package but no tow hitch. that would be an additional 400-500 expenditure and right now Toyota does not even have one for 2011 model.

Toyota definitely downgraded the quality of material (front top glove box is good example) and assembly (gaps between rear hatch and car body). Anyways, so far Daddy likes it!
    I noticed the glove box, too.

The old one was still hard plastic but it just seems higher quality.
    The glove box is just one of many areas that Toyota managed to mangle up (not allowed to use stronger language here) when designing the 2011 interior. Toyota quality and design is repeating the mistakes of GM in the 1980s and 1990s. At that time GM was on top and thought they could make anything regardless of quality and people would buy the vehicle.
  • tfaw_bigtfaw_big Member Posts: 9
    Finally found the right model and the right color at sort-of the right price. I live in Chicago, having moved from SoCal last year. I was replacing a 2004 Sienna XLE that was falling apart at 110,000 miles.

I did not get a great price, but my old van was no longer safe and I want to take the kids on a drive to Toronto in a few weeks. So I had to seize the moment, because the wife had to have a silver sky color and I had to have AWD. Good luck to any of you with those parameters.

Anyhow the van I was looking for basically has a MRSP of about $45,900 (base price of $39,770, premium package $4025, conven package $890, preferred accessories $404, delivery/handling of $800). The base model number is 5386.

I searched high and low for the van - including dealerships at Northbrook, Schaumberg, Libertyville, Continental in La Grange, Naperville, Pauly Toyota, Elgin Toyota, Arlington Toyota and Oakbrook Toyota.

Dealerships I did not feel good about for various reasons included Northbrook and Schaumberg mostly for what I felt was some bait and switch behavior on the emails and phone calls. Either they did or did not have the AWD, and then when it came to game time the jig was up. Turned out the AWD at one of the delaers as a demo van. Continental I visited in person and got a weird vibe - the salesguys did not seem to want to talk much but in any event they did not have a AWD anyhow. Naperville was very friendly but they did not have the AWD. Pauly Toyota were super to speak with and they stated if they had the van the price would be in the $41.5 to $42K range, which was the lowest price I ever encountered. Elgin came back with a quote that was in the $41K range, and their website claimed they had the van, but when I called to confirm the email quote, the salesman quickly back-pedaled claiming the quote for a FWD only. In any event they did not have the AWD and the official revised quote was revised to $42,985, and tat price excluded the $405 option for the stupid preferred accessories (med kit, cargo mat etc). I finally hit paydirt with Oakbrook Toyota, as they seemed pretty forthright and honest. The price was not the best, but the van was real and available and so I took the plunge at about $42.8K . I started looking on Wednesday and got finished Friday night by driving the new van off the lot.

I agree with many other commenters that the new Sienna seems to be a step backwards as Toyota cut corners, probably to mitigate costs in order to keep market share. For example, it is unbelievable that the LTD model does not come with cross bars on the roof. And, it is unbelievable that the XLE reverts back to the old school antenna. However, this is just a minivan so my expectations are not great.

I did also acquire the platinum warranty as well. This warranty was well used with my 2004 Sienna, and I expect things will be no different with this new model year either.

Happy hunting.
    Hmm, your present Toyota was "falling apart" at 110K and you went and bought another Toyota? My past experence with Toyota has been that the vehicles were just getting broken in good at 110K.

I truly believe that with all of Toyota's recent problems, they need to step up and put a 100,000 mile warranty on all of their new vehicles.
    Indeed, the thing was falling apart - no doubt the 2004 could have kept going with more parts and labor, but I really don't want the important part of my life (wife & three kids) being stranded while I'm out of town on a business trip.

I do think Toyota has decent product overall and the minivan they make is the best, imho. So I gladly bought another.

My 2004 had isues, but with the platinum warranty, all the big issues were covered. Some of the big items were a replacement door because of failed welding, a new transmission, and something else big that I could not remember.

During the life of the van, the front tires would never last more than 12K miles inspite of constant alignments. The van certainly had an issue there, but Toyota claimed otherwise so what the heck can you do? I bought about 9 sets of tires in 7 years.

In the final year, everytime I went through a sharp turn, the traction control system would take over and that was weird. Toyota claimed there was no issue but that issue was very real. And also at the end you could hear some bearing issues in one of the wheels, and the van really could not climb hills very well at all.

With this new van I once again acquired the ultra warraty. Hopefully this van will have a better track record than the last one. But I am not taking chances!
  • hvysnow2hvysnow2 Member Posts: 3
    Let me just add that I also replaced my 2004 Sienna LE with a 2011 XLE. In my case I did not have one issue with our 2004. I only changed the oil, tires once and replaced the transmission oil/coolant. It had 73k miles. I couldn't be happier with the van, but decided on the 2011 for an "upgrade". I'm still very interested to see what Honda does this fall with the Odyssey. So far, so good on the 2011 with about 2k miles. The only thing I'm really disappointed with is the NAV, my Garmin does much better and was only 200 bucks.

Now I'm off to do some swaggering with the family......
    Congrats on the new Sienna - perhaps my van started to fall apart because of higher mileage. You are spot on about the NAV - it is a horrible system, and we now carry a Garmin in the van, as it just works 10x easier and seems more current.

My Sienna came with run flat tires which I have my doubts about. My specific question is how the run flats will fare in the snow of Chicago 'burbs. On my 2004 Sienna, I simply had an extra tire in the back, because it was just too darn hard to get the little spare from underneath the seat. As mentioned I bought the AWD, but I'm guessing the tire type matters as much or more than the drive train. So, if anyone has any comments about run flats (these are Firestones but don't know the specific type) working in winter conditions, it would be great to hear from you...
  • jello8jello8 Member Posts: 4
    I'm about to buy my sienna this week and was wondering if anyone knows if the crossbars are locked on, or if I should buy aftermarket crossbars. I am going to put a box and bike mounts up there that are lockable, and would not want them to be stolen by someone just taking the crossbars off and taking them that way.
    Hi - I am also planning to get the VSA from a Kansas City dealership. I am wondering if you have received the paperworks on that and if its really the platinum one. I have seen posting that says that it is but I want to confirm with someone who did it recently. No dealers in NE area can come close to the Kansas city dealership price.

Lastly, any tip you can share on how you plan to maintain your blizzard pearl would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • retriever1retriever1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi:

Regarding the Platinum extended warranty plan, I just received the e-mail confirmation with the invoice number. I am expecting the actual warranty package in the mail. Will let you know once I get it.

I did call Toyota Corporate to confirm this dealership is legitimate to sell these plans.

I have no idea how to maintain the Blizzard Peal, this is my wife's car and she loves this color. I have never had a white car before:)
  • foxyesqfoxyesq Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2010
    I just took delivery of a new Sienna LTD. AWD with Ltd. Premium Package in Silver Sky Metallic. Since this forum has been so helpful, I will share my experience.

2011 LTD AWD Base Price $39,770
    Ltd. Premium Package (Nav and rear DVD etc.) $4,025
    Carpeted Floor Mats $ 324.00
    Roof Rack Cross Bars $185
    Delivery $ 800
    Total MSRP: $45,104

Paid $41,869.00 (plus tax & TTL) which was the lowest Carsdirect.com price. I tried Carsdirect.com, but no dealers responded to my request.

This transaction was a little unique because they also took me out of the lease of my almost identically equipt. 2008 Sienna, which had 7 payments left (we bought out the old lease and used the 2008 van as a trade-in, with the same value as the buy-out).

When taking delivery I decided to also purchase a 6 year / 75,000 mile extended warranty for $750. I probably could have done a little better on the warranty had I researched it, but I made a last minute decision to add it on and thought the price was fair (they originally asked for $1,250, then $1,000 for the warranty).

Prestige Toyota, Ramsey, NJ.
    wondering if anyone knows if the crossbars are locked on

FWIW the old ones were not - though it was a good 40 minutes or so procedure to remove them.
    it took me 10min to remove both crossbars, just loosen the clip on each end (by loosen a screw by hand), the bar lift right up.
    Is yours a 2011? Maybe they made it simpler to remove, then.
    edited June 2010
    Yes, I have 2011 XLE. the cross bars are very easy to remove, or get stolen :(
    I needed a step ladder to remove them though.
  • dann80dann80 Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone know if there are any June incentives on the 2011 Sienna? The 2 year maintenance incentive just ended so wondering if there's anything new to replace this.
  • balancesheetbalancesheet Member Posts: 25
    i think you got a really good deal ... did it take you much time to negotiate?
    Do they fit my 2007?

Don't answer else I may steal yours. :D

(just kidding, I know they're different).
    Seems objective to measure purchase price as a % of MSRP:
    (date, type, MSRP, price paid as a % of MSRP)

4/26, XLE FWD, $33.5, 90.0%
    4/28, XLE, $39.8, 89.0%
    4/28, XLE, $39.6, 90.0%
    4/30, XLE, $33.2, 89.5%
    4/30, XLE, $33.5, 90.1%
    5/2, LTD AWD, $44.6, 93.7%
    5/3, LTD AWD, $44.9, 91.7%
    5/13, LTD, $43.7, 91.4%
    5/17, LE, $29.9, 87.7%
    5/22, LTD AWD, $45.3, 90.9%
    5/26, XLE, $33.5, 91.5%
    5/28, LE AWD, $32.8, 87.8%
    5/28, LTD FWD, $46.7, 91.7%
    5/29, LTD AWD, $45.9, 93%
    6/1, LTD AWD, $45.1, 92.8%
  • toy_fan1toy_fan1 Member Posts: 6
    Seems like a reasonable price..... However, keep in mind that the average price paid without TT is between $3,600-$3,850 off of MSRP. It appears you only got $3,235.00 off the MSRP. You probably could have done about $600 better. Its too late to worry about that now though.

Enjoy you vehicle
  • toy_fan1toy_fan1 Member Posts: 6
    We bought this from the Kansas City Dealership which has been mentioned several times in this thread. We originally purchased on 05/07/2010 the Extended Warranty from our dealership here in Cincinnati 7yr/75K. They wanted $2,200.00. At closing I talked them down to $1,480.00 they would go no lower.

I just cancelled that policy (remember you have 30 days to do this from DOP). And went with the 7yr/100K warranty for $889.00. I look at it this way...I am saving $591.00 with this transaction. That is way much more than my payment per month.

Keep in mind kids that Toyota is offering an incentive on this thing. If after the 7years/100K and I don't have to use this policy for anything TOYOTA REFUNDS THE FULL AMOUNT TO ME AFTER THE POLICY PERIOD/MILEAGE ENDS.

Make sure you get something in writing to this effect. It has to do with the Toyota guarantee and its an attempt to rebuild their reputation after a disaterous PR battle.

Any questions let me know

Cheers
  • joephizjoephiz Member Posts: 1
    Hi J,

I just bought a 2011 Sienna Limited and am concerned about it not having the tow prep package. Which dealership are you talking to because both dealerships I have tried are clueless.

I want to buy a receiver and if necessary the wiring harness but want to make sure I can tow my trailer before heading out.

Thanks in advance!
    I tried to get the car in March, after it first came out. The best they would do then was $42,700. I went there last Friday just to look and show my wife the car. After we drove it, and she decided that she liked it, I talked with the salesman for a few minutes. We were close, but not there. After a few trips to see the "manager" an actual sales manager came out and talked to me. He pulled up carsdirect.com on the salesman's computer and within a few minutes we had a deal at the lowest carsdirect.com price.

I didn't expect to buy a car when I went in there, but the price was right and the savings on my lease payment made the deal worth doing now.
    Yes, I may have been able to do a few dollars better on the purchase price. But they took me out of my current lease (on a 2008 Sienna) seven months early, which saved me almost $4,000 in lease payments. It made sense to do the deal since I would have purchased the new Sienna at the end of my lease. Now, I have the same new van (a 2011) minus the lease payments. Given the circumstances, I didn't feel that walking out and starting to negotiate a with another dealer all over again was worth it.

FYI: The lease buy-out on my 2008 Sienna was $25,341. According to Edmunds, the trade-in value of that van was only $23,468. The dealer originally offered me $24,600 for my old van and wanted another $600+ to get me out of the lease. After some negotiations, he agreed to call the lease termination a "wash." -- there is the extra $600 or so dollars so that you were talking about.

I believe that people who use this forum are looking for (and often get) the best prices possible. But there comes a time when you look at the deal and realize that it is not worth knocking yourself out (or wasting a beautiful weekend in car dealerships) for the possibility of saving a few bucks. I don' t know if I could have gotten a better deal, but in this case, the deal certainly made sense.

Thanks again to all of the posters here. These posts really enable one to walk into a showroom on a much more leveled playing field. To all those who read these posts and save money on their cars, please post your experiences so that the chain of good fortune continues.
  • sarithasaritha Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2011 Sienna XLE for 30,0200$ in Elgin. Lokks like they are all selling The XLE around 30k in Chicago Land.
  • seattlemamaseattlemama Member Posts: 1
    I have never purchased a new car and am panicking that I am not getting a good deal. I have two dealers offering me right around 36K for a 2011 AWD XLE w/ entertainment package added on. Manu. price is 38,134. Would 36k be a good price or should I try to get them to go lower? Also, have any of you used an auto broker? Is it worth it or can I get just as good of a price on my own? Any advice is appreciated!!
  • lordkamalordkama Member Posts: 23
    Seattlemama,

Using information from truecar.com, invoice price for your car (XLE V6, Entertainment package, Floor mats) is about 35100. Dealer holdback is around $700. So it looks like the dealer is making 36000 - 35100 + 700 = $1600. Looks like they are offering $900 above invoice price.

I am too looking for a 2011 Sienna with your specs.

I think you could get them to come down $200 or 300 more or consider a dealership further away and use that price as a basis of negotiation.
  • sienna_ownersienna_owner Member Posts: 12
    I also contacted the Kansas City dealer about the 7yr/100k extended warranty. However, he said there is no refund even the warranty is not used after 7 yrs.

Anyone know where can I find the detail information for this incentive policy "TOYOTA REFUNDS THE FULL AMOUNT TO ME AFTER THE POLICY PERIOD/MILEAGE ENDS"?

ps. A friend of mine did get the full refund after his camry extended warranty expired (of course warranty was not been used).

Thanks!