Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vinsonavinsona Member Posts: 13
    autoguy1,

Can you pass along the name & location of the dealership? Will even pass along that you referred me if it work out. My dealer gives $100 per closed referral.

Thanks
  • autoguy1autoguy1 Member Posts: 87
    Rt. 22 Toyota in Hillside, NJ. Something to mention. The price given to me by the internet sales manager mentioned that this price was given only through the internet. Strolling in and asking a deal wouldn't work. That's what she said. However, a friend of mine directly went to the dealer and reported back that the deal he got could been recieved any where else in the tri-state. So internet it is.
  • klinklin Member Posts: 54
    Hello,

I just got my LE AWD, but I was told it has no back-up sensor (only in XLE limited).

Has anyone installed back-up sensor on LE, I noted some LE vans have the sensor.

How much will it cost? Is it useful?

Thanks
  • rhopfrhopf Member Posts: 29
    Well for all you potential Sienna owners in the Seattle area I found my deal at Lakecity Toyota. I got a silver CE 7-pass with the prefered premium ACC package for 23,633. Now I know this is not a great deal compared to other parts of the country but for the Seattle area its a good deal. It is $1342 over invoice and they gave me $600 more for my trade-in than I was expecting. Good luck.
  • toy_siennatoy_sienna Member Posts: 1
    I got a price quote for similarly equiped vehicle for a very similar price in VA. I am happy with the price.

XLE with Option #16 Salsa Red and Oak interior - $32,500. Vehicle will be delivered towards the end of this month.
  • 2kidz2kidz Member Posts: 5
    Hi, Can you email me the dealership and name of the dealer? That's the same price that I'm finding here for the CE with #3 and misc doo dahs; I'd travel to get an upgrade to the LE!

Thanks!
  • mdsmithersmdsmithers Member Posts: 4
    2004 Toyota Sienna
    XLE 7 Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
    Blue Mirage Metallic

National Base Price MSRP$28,480 Invoice$25,345
    Optional Equipment
    CF Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector $196
    Destination Charge $540
    Total with Options MSRP$29,216 Invoice$26,004 I paid$27,063
    Platinum Extended Warranty 7yr/75K $0 ded $800
    Admin Fee $99
    Tire Tax and Fees $9
    $27,971OTD

Crown Auto in Lawrence KS, very easy over the phone negotiation. Should have researched the extended warranty, could have got 7/100 for same price. Anyway, hope this helps. Got 4.19% from Toyota. First foreign car purchase for me.
  • vanquestvanquest Member Posts: 14
    hi -
    your email is private. if you can make it available, i'd be happy to email you back or chat on the phone.
    okay, I checked under "my account" and I don't see where to update and deprivatize my profile/email. I'll nose around a little more....but if you can easily describe where to do that would appreaciate it.

Sorry to be so inept.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You can mark your email public in your Profile, and that link is at the upper left under Account Settings.

It's a bit convoluted, but using the Profile instead of posting your info online will confuse most of the spam harvesters.

Steve, Host
    Thanks for the info. For some reason I was getting server errors and so forth, then I couldn't access edmunds at all. It's all better now, and profile is updated.
    We had a bunch of issues a few days ago trying to upgrade the software. Hopefully the next try will go smoother, but it seems like some unanticipated bug always rears its head, even after two weeks of testing.

Ok, anyone buying? (a Sienna, not my excuse <g>)

Steve, Host
    Just got this from CarsDirect for delivery in the Phila Metro area.

Based on what I have seen on the message board, this seem a bit high.

Any comments?

2004 Toyota Sienna LE 7 Passenger Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Optional Equipment
    CF Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector $119
    BW LE Package #7 $2364
    Destination Charge $540
    Total$ 27,522
  • talggtalgg Member Posts: 10
    I have a quote for 29,700 for the '04 Sienna XLE with the option package #12. Only things not included are Taxes and DMV fees (about $120).
    Can anyone tell me if that is a good price. I live in the NY metropolitan area.

Thanks
  • kippy95kippy95 Member Posts: 7
    I'm ready to buy a LE FWD 8 seater w/ option package #4. Can anyone refer to a dealer with a good deal in So. Cal. specifically in the San Gabriel Valley? Also, am I required to pay the TDA? I don't remember ever paying any TDA with 3 previous purchase experiences.
  • seanpaseanpa Member Posts: 7
    Just put in an order for CE-7 + AG and Z1 for
    $22600, that's $500 over DEALER's invoice, also
    around $1000 over KBB invoice. Not in stock.
    Dealer insisted on a $200 doc fee, central NJ.
    SO total is 22800 before TTR. Good deal?
  • xtremebargainxtremebargain Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for an XLE AWD with moonroof+leather+back row window shades but have a hard time finding one. I finally got a dealer that would pre-order me a 2005 XLE AWD with whatever options I want for the purchase price of $1,000 over invoice (not including $400 doc fee). Of course, I do not have any 2005 Sienna info: invoice prices, option packages, etc. The dealer said I can have it by end of September. Is this a good deal? Does anyone have any info on 2005 Siennas?
  • lumbarlumbar Member Posts: 421
    $400 doc fee? Unbelievable.
  • andreaandrea Member Posts: 4
  • andreaandrea Member Posts: 4
    We test drove the Sienna AWD XLE (but not limited) last night. I don't know enough yet about all the option packages, but this one was the middle level AWD. It didn't have sunroof, nav, 6 disk changer and dvd - it did have leather and AWD.

It drove well, but we're still trying to decide two things: 1) given that we like the styling of the Nissan Quest better, is the AWD option (the main reason we would buy a Sienna) worth it? and 2) any chance the 2005 Sienna will look a wee bit more stylish?

We're not in a big rush to buy, so could wait til Oct when our dealer says they'll be in stock. But I have no idea what changes (style, price, otherwise) are in store for the 2005 Sienna...should we wait or making a mistake?

Also, we're in the chicago area and he offered about $1500 off MSRP only. carsdirect is consistent with that so I wasn't too concerned AND he had basically no stock. They really are still selling themselves around here. But now I'm reading this board and you all have better deals. Should I push him alot harder or am I wasting my time?
  • samrus1samrus1 Member Posts: 11
    I bought a 2004 Sienna LE-8 recently.
    Is it a very good idea to get the Extended Warrenty (7/100/0 from KC Summers for $795)?
    This means I get extra 4 years beyond the Manufacturer warrenty ($17/month). Is it worth it even though it is a Toyota (very reliable!).

I also got an offer from a credit union for Pinnacle warrent for $760.

Basically what is people's experience as far as Sienna's reliabiliy is concerned.
    Thanks in advance.
    This is a good deal.
    I got a LE-8 with pkg #4 and leather for $26,675 +TTL in Texas.
    Now considering whether to get the 7/100/0 platinum from KC Summers. Is it worth it?
    I recently got a Sienna LE-8.
    Have anybody bought any accessories from online and which ones (merchandise and store)? I want them to be lower in price than the dealers.
    I am looking for:

1. All weather floormats (rubber).
    2. Cargo liner and net
    3. Mud guards
    4. Window and door sill
    5. nose mask or bra.
  • heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    Get your all-weather mats and cargo liner from WeatherTech.com. The 'tan' I ordered matches the Fawn interior very well.

Also, don't waste your money on the factory front-end mask. Mine is sits in the garage in the box it came in. It takes a great deal of time to install, and the tabs that anchor it where the bumper meets the headlights were too large to fit in the gaps. Took me two hours to install it the first time, and directions say not to allow it to get wet, and to remove it every time you wash the car.
  • vanquestvanquest Member Posts: 14
    I'd look critically at your average annual mileage over the years before buying one. For us, the 7/100 just didn't make sense because by the time seven years passed, we just weren't close to 100k. KC Summers also offers a 7/75 for $500. For us that makes more sense.
  • raydahsraydahs Member Posts: 449
    Here's a link to online accessories, the "unpainted" mudguards are @ 60% cheaper than from your local dealer. http://www.trdparts4u.com/
  • ducphanducphan Member Posts: 8
    Whom did you get your van from. (Dealer name and person you dealt with please.) We are looking to buy same said van and are in Houston, Texas. I thank you in advance for your reply and assistance.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    You think a $400 doc fee is unbelievable? Try on a $489 doc fee from Toyota of Louisville and see if it fits.Preposterous!
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    Please see the Rules of the Road linked above - no names of individuals please.

thanks,

Steve, Host
    SUCCESS!

I just hooked up with a good deal via the Internet.

04 Sienna LE 7 Passenger
    BW, CF, Z1, DK, WH

OTD - mid to low -$27K

I want to that everyone on the board for their great advice!
  • alphax25alphax25 Member Posts: 1
    Hey out there! :)
    First time here, just wanted to ask for any positive or negative 411 on the Toyota Sienna. I'm considering purchasing one and wanted some input from Sienna owners as far as performance,comfort, etc.......
    Champion Toyota of Austin.
    I talked few dealers in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin. Finally I found the reasonable price.The TTL was an extra $1660.
    The finance guy tried to add some extra fees but I debated to get them to remove one of them.
    Thanks for the info.
    They are charging quite a bit ($145+$9=$155) for mats and $140 for cargo liner and $100 for window defelctor.
    Did anybody tried the ebay or other discount web sites for lower prices?
    Thanks for the info.
    How does the "clear" mud guards look? Or should I get the color-coded ones.

Also, how is the all weather floor mats from this site look? They are different than the ones from WeatherTech.com

I also wanted the door-sill and edge protectors. But they are charging quite a bit. Did anybody get somewhare cheaper?
  • carshopper5carshopper5 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for a 2004 Sienna FWD XLE-#14 with spoiler, mats, auto dim mirror. Dealer wants $33700. I think that's too much. Also, can I buy an extended warranty at a different dealer if mine won't give me the $795 price?
  • xiaoxiao Member Posts: 1
    talgg,

That sounds very good! Where did you get it? I only get a quote for the same thing for $32169, plus doc fee.

Thanks
  • texasmomtexasmom Member Posts: 114
    I want to wait but probably will buy before end of December. I'm in a Gulf States area and am beginning to think that the Toyota prices here are so significantly higher than in other regions that I would be willing to purchase in another state. Does anybody know which states or which dealers would likely sell me a 2005 limited Sienna for the best price?
    I think I heard somewhere that if I buy a car in another state, somehow Gulf States can affect the price that I pay for it as a resident in the Gulf States region. Or maybe that was something about paying double taxes. Any info out there?
    I'm waiting to see how quiet the 2005 Odyssey Touring really is. This Gulf States issue bothers me.
    Thanks in advance for any answers!
  • gtahobegtahobe Member Posts: 42
    Hi there. Here's how I basically found an out of state dealer. First you must know exactly what vehicle you're looking for. I wanted an XLE#5. Dealers in my area would only go about halfway between Invoice and MSRP, plus they needed a few months to fill the order because that package (#5, CZ) doesn't normally arrive in Ohio.

I then found this neat ZIP Express utility to find the ZIP codes for state capitals in neighboring states "http://www.getzips.com" With the zip code info, I then used the Toyota web site and entered different zip codes to find out what option packages were available. I found that my package was available in two neighboring states. I then used a combination of the Toyota's site "Find a dealer near you", and Yahoo Yellowpages. In Yahoo, you'll need to change your location to the correct zip code, then do a search for toyota dealers. I then contacted several of them, and found one willing to deal. I ended up getting my vehicle 5 weeks after placing an order, and paid about $400 over invoice. Much better delivery time and cost over my local deals.

$123 one way flight and a 250 mile drive home. A fun 250 mile drive home :)
    Find Toyota Dealers in your area:

link

Play with the zip codes for other areas.

And see Online Car Buying Revisited

Steve, Host
  • texasmomtexasmom Member Posts: 114
    Thanks for the pricing answers!

Now I just have to decide which minivan to buy. Needing to test drive the '05 Ody before seriously shopping prices is making me kind of frustrated. I keep coming back to these forums because I'm trying to sublimate my desire to get this minivan purchasing thing done already!

The reason for needing a test drive prior to finally deciding is to assess the '05 Ody's noise level. Interior noise is a big issue. My kids voices don't project much and I'm a survivor of too loud music--bad hearing.

If the '05 Ody is still pretty noisy on the test drive I'll probably buy an '05 Sienna...except I'll be wondering how much quieter the Ody could have gotten with sound deadening mats under the carpet.

By the way, does anyone know if the Sienna and Ody have casette players? During my work commute I listen to books on tape. Even though more and more of our library's new audiobooks are on CD, I surely don't want my choice of books cut by 75% because of no casette player! Does anyone know what the cassette situation is? I forgot to look when I test drove the '04 Ody and Sienna!
  • mstmst Member Posts: 2
    Samrus1,
    Where did you purchase your LE-8 in Texas? Any dealers you recommend? Did you have any trouble finding LE-8's? They seem somewhat rare...
  • mathaimathai Member Posts: 1
    Brought home our new XLE Option#16(GJ) $32700 + tax

so, what do you think?
  • doug889doug889 Member Posts: 60
    Siena may have the cassette player. My wife's Lexus 2004 RX 330 has both CD and cassette players.
  • xtremebargainxtremebargain Member Posts: 5
    Seems destination charge will increase from $540 to $575. In fact, most dealers are already charging the $575 destination charge on all (2004) Siennas they have on the lot. Base prices of 2005 models seems to be the same as 2004 models, appears that most dealers will have the 2005 Siennas available by 9/21/04. I don't have any other information ( body style, packages, etc.) available. Check the big city's dealer's websites, some are posting their 2005 Siennas, with invoice and MSRP prices.
  • gadomgadom Member Posts: 16
    I'm looking in GA and would appreciate any current (say last 30 days) purchase info or leads for a decent dealer. I have tried the email approach and so far get back:no price (come in and talk),MSRP,no reply, or I get a quote and when I follow up it is not the drive out price I asked for and ends up being close to MSRP.

Not a single one has even quoted the Carsdirect price (one "agreed" to match it but would not quote it) they have all been higher. BTW Carsdirect does not include the DOC fee in their quote. This seems strange since they work thru speific dealers in a given area they should know the doc fee. They also do not tell you the DOC fee is not included until they contact you after you have submitted your personal info and contact info.
    mst,
    I purchased fro Champion Toyota in Austin. I basically negotiated through emails.
    I wanted LE-8. I ordered and waited for 6 weeks. If you have kids, an extra seat really helps because you can fold down the rear seat entirely and take bunch of camping gear.
  • steve8steve8 Member Posts: 4
    which dealer in the Twin Cities did you work through? Was it a good experience? My wife and I will be in the market for either this or the Honda, albeit not until later in the year. We live in Mpls. area
    What dealer did you get this offer from?
    Hello All,

We got a great deal on a Sienna LE and wanted to see what type of Extended Warranty deals people are getting.

I am not sure if we are really interested in the Extended Warranty (depends on the price), I need some numbers for reference if the "pitch" is thrown.

I am sure that they will hit me with the high numbers because I got the mini-van for about $200 over invoice.

I think something in the 7/75 or 7/100 range would fit our needs

Thanks in advance!
    Where did you get this deal?