Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Oldsmobile Aurora

Comments

• spikepcspikepc Member Posts: 9
    I am also looking for mods and upgrades. I have a very nice ground effects kit and spoiler that I have put on. The ground effects kit is from Razzi. Eibach makes springs for the Aurora. I am experimenting with some various tire sizes and will be trying 255/45-18s and possibly the same with 235/50-18s on front, which is the setup on the BMW 740i sport. Not sure if the 255's will fit w/ my ground effects kit if I lower the car. The K&N filter works great. Noone makes gas struts for the Aurora past 1996 for some reason. KYB offers them for 1996 and earlier, but that's it. Monroe is supposedly working on a SensaTrac which will be released in March 2001. KVR will do cross-drilled rotors. I am waiting to see if W2W (see Car and Driver Nov 2000) is going to get the go ahead from GM to do the Tim Allen Design Cadillac DeVille DTSi, and if so, they will be able to adapt some of the goodies for the Aurora. I talked with Brembo and all the Olds OSV stuff is, of course cancelled. I did speak with Surestop about making a big brake kit, and they can do it(for probably around$2000, but they need to have a bunch of orders to do it. If anyone is interested please email me at spikepc@aol.com and if there are enough of us, maybe it'll happen. Same thing goes with chips for the motor. I've also looked into developing an electric blower from Garrett or the such to do a turbo, since there's little room for a roots blower. The trans would need to be upgraded for this because I think it's only rated for 285 horses.
  • arcoatesarcoates Member Posts: 221
    Why does everyone hate the new Aurora so much? It looks much better than the old one. The "classic" as you people call it (it will never be a classic) looks like a soviet missile gone wrong. What is with the back end? It served no purpose as far as lights go, and it made the trunk opening tiny. The Cadillac Catera had a similiar end, and the lights actually did something. Cadillac dumped the rear this year too- 2 cases of bad design!

As far as the "great V8", it was slow compared to the other cars in it's class. 8.5-9.0 second times is nothing to scream about. The V8 may sound great, but if it isn't up to the job of actually moving the car, then you're just wasting gas!

Speaking of weight- the car had excessive body roll, and bobbing and weaving. It was not a true "drivers" car- just a wannabe. The car may have been a break through in styling because at the time everything looked the same, but it was way over the top.

Now the 2001 Aurora is more on track with Olds original mission. It is about the best handling FWD car out there. Hardly any body roll, it settles down over the bumps, doesn't float, and has a strong, advanced chassis under that great sheetmetal.

I don't know how you can compare the new aurora to a taurus. The back ends look nothing a like. The back end of the aurora makes a bold statement.

The front end looks powerful and purpeseful. The old front end was way to low, squished and long. The new one is clean, and short. From the side, the car looks elegant and classy. The great character line running down the middle. It carries the old design into the new (if you like that).

We have the 3.5, and it is just as quick as the 4.0, with better gas mileage, better weight distrubution (therefore better handling), and a much lower price, for the same amount of equipment.

What I am trying to say is that everyone hates the new aurora because it doesn't look like the old. Well in my opinion that is a great thing. Kudos to Olds for wising up. Olds is being killed because the old aurora wasn't selling well. If they had've brought this design to the market a year ago, it would've saved them.

Long live the 2nd generation aurora!!!
  • joeoldsjoeolds Member Posts: 39
    First I should say: Who Cares? If your concerned about gas mileage, get something else. Our 98s fuel economy varies depending on who's driving. After my wife drives the car for about a week it will show an average economy of about 20.0-20.5. I can drive the car 5 miles and the average economy will have dropped into the 19s. Filled car up last night, and checked fuel econ just before I got home. It was 17.5. By the end of next week Im sure the wife will have the average back up to 20-21. Probably 60-70% of driving is city, and the remainder hiway.

arcoates....All I have to say to you is look at the base price of 2k1 vs a classic and you should realize that the classic is much more car. We looked at 2k1 cars before we bought our 98, and to me it looks like an over loaded intrigue. Also you can throw all your magazine performance numbers out the window. These guys were testing luxury cars, and have no idea how to coax a minimum et from a car. I drag race for a hobby, and my aurora feels like it should run between a 15.0-15.5 quarter mile. This is pretty quick for a 4000 pound sled. I'll get some real numbers next summer.
  • etharmonetharmon Member Posts: 399
    Your going to rumple some feathers with your remarks about the "Classic". I agree and disagree with you on some points. I've only driven a 2001 3.5 once and it was for a very short test drive while my Intrigue was in for an oil change. My father has a 95 so I have spent considerable time behind the wheel. Judging from most reviews I have read, the 2001 looks to be dynamically superior to the old model. It's quicker, lighter, brakes better, and has much better handling numbers. Style wise, the new one is more efficient and places function ahead of form. While I like the styling of the new Aurora, it lacks the aura of the previous model. It's just not as striking. The old Aurora sits low and is quite long and looks very agressive. Performance wise, the old one was no slouch. I think 0-60 times were in the 7.8 to 8.2 ballpark, not 9 seconds. And for such a large and heavy car, it handles very well. And talk about solid. I only hope the new ones are as solid as the original. Basically, it boils down to this. The original Aurora was designed to appeal to the sense. There was passion in the design. The new model is designed to appeal more to the number crunchers who compare similar cars in a magazine. Probably the single most reason people bought the old Aurora was because of it's style. I seriously doubt this is the case with the new model. I guess you could say the old one was like a hot blond, it didn't need any brains as it made it just fine on looks alone. The new model trades some of the looks for a more dynamically appealing chassis.
    I've only seen two Bronemist "classic" Auroras and only about that many in Midnight Blue. I know Bronzemist was only offered in 99 and I think the blue was just added in 98.
    I agree, the new aurora is more mainstream, but it is still very distinctive in it's class. Look at the ES300- it's a camry with a different front end. The Acura TL is hardly distinguishable from the Accord. The Infinitiy I30 is extremely conservative- the only bonus is the HID xenons. The Catera is very Lumina-like- at least them dumped the faux lighting at the back.

I still say that the original was way over the top, and the new one is the better design.

On the subject of advertising- I admit that Olds did not promote it's cars a lot- but the ad campaign itself was fantastic. It took from the Cadillac school of ads- very classy. Emphasising the cars prestige, performance, and good looks. It also makes me compare it to the BMW commercials- the target audience for the new aurora.

It's just too bad that Olds was axed- it's model line up was the best, next to cadillac, that GM had. All the cars were very nicely styled. I would axe Pontiac or Buick before Olds. Pontiac is so tacky, and Buick caters to the people of West Palm and Miami. All I know is that I own a classic car now- and not in the sense of a great, groundbreaking vehicle, but the last of a dying breed. Long live Olds!
  • tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    I happened to be surfing the auto auction site and saw a drop dead gorgeous white 'Classic' 1998 with 35K miles with latest bid at 11.1K, I believe. The reserve had yet been met but it seemed from the extensive description that it was going to be sold at a below wholesale price ( appears to be 15-16K range). The car is in Las Vegas and appears to be in superb condition. I'd never thought about buying a car this way - would have to get it shipped cross country - but that one certainly looked enticing. Of course it would be a great excuse for a trip out there and then drive it cross country! Oh well - I just bought a Bonneville so it won't be me.

Ken
  • spikepcspikepc Member Posts: 9
    see message 302 about performance upgrades
  • intense01intense01 Member Posts: 107
    I have a 2000 SSEi. I'm not sure, but I think this car may share the same platform as the new Auroras. Do you guys know?

Also, I am very interested in lots of performance mods. I'm wondering if we can share some ideas...

Spikepc - what year is your Aurora?

I put P245/45ZR18 tires all the way around on my car. Since adding the larger sway bars, I no longer have any clearance issues at all. But...I haven't found a way to lower the car yet.

Speaking of lowering, do you happen to know if the Eibach kit will also fit the 2000 Bonneville?

Regarding brake rotors, the SSEi comes stock with 12" up front, and 11" in the back. Do you how that compares with the Aurora? And do you know if the KVR parts would also fit the SSEi?

If our platforms are the same, I would be very interested in getting on the serious brake rework group purchase list.

Anyways, here's a list of my mods...

Scott A. Cook, 2000 Dark Bronzemist Metallic SSEi, 18 x 8" Konig Villain wheels, P255/45ZR18 Michelin Pilot XGT Z4 tires, 1.25"(32mm.) Saner front and 1"(25mm.) rear sway bars, polyurethane front and rear frame mount and end link bushings, Thrasher Cold Air Induction System, 3.25" supercharger pulley, 71.5" Dayco Poly Cog belt, 180 degree thermostat, engine cover removed, DEI aluminized nylon fuel line covers, Jacobs Electronics Ultra Coil Packs and 8.5mm. Energy Core Spark Plug Wires, NGK TR55VX spark plugs (gapped at .065"), The Other Guys headers, crossover wrap, custom 3.0"/2.5" exhaust, catalytic converter removed, DynoMax Ultra-Flo mufflers, Borla twin tips, Motorsports Performance competition transmission pan, G-Tech/Pro performance meter, Valentine One radar/laser detector
  • redskin024redskin024 Member Posts: 110
    If you want mod information, check out the Bonneville board.

zinc-do you still have the "modified" picture of the Bonneville for intense?

etharnon- you are correct- the 95-99 Aurora ran about a 7.6-8.2 0-60...
    I have to disagree- times for the old aurora that I have seen have always been about 8.5. I do admit, that I have not seen every publication on the aurora that exists, but from my experience, the old aurora wasn't the quickest on the block. But the sound from the V8 can't be beat!
    I think you are talking about the old aurora, but I have a 2K1 bronzemist aurora. It is absolutely the best colour in terms of dirt.

As far as the old ones go, I have seen two bronzemists on the road, but I live in Canada. Other than the Pearl colour, it's the best one going.
    I'll tell you from the seat of my pants that 8 seconds 0-60 or slighty less is capable with a stock "classic." I've driven my father's 95 alot and once above about 20 mph, if you stay on the gas it flies. And the sound from the engine is music to my ears.

colors, the bronemist that I was talking about was on the classic. 99 was the only year that model had it and it looks very good in that color. I've seen numerous 2001s in that color. Both the Intrigue and Alero are also now available in bronzemist as well as some Cadillac and Buick models. I've seen one 2001 in the new Chesnut color and it looks very good on the Aurora.
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    For the record, I would buy a 2001 Aurora. I would probably not buy a "classic" Aurora. The styling on the "classic" is very cool, but the 2nd generation is just a better car over all. A metallic blue 3.5 with black leather would be my choice.
    I tried your link for the 2K2 Bonneville and got message the URL is incorrect - does this work for you? I'd really like to see this since I have the 2K.

Thanks

Ken
    It is my understanding that the chassis on the present Aurora is the same as that used to build the Buick Park Avenue since '97 and LeSabre since 2000, the Bonneville since 2000, the Seville since 98 and the present DeVille.

Ken
    You are correct about the chassis. It is the FWD G-Platform- the stiffest full-size chassis GM has. It really does a great job with the all of the cars. It has a nice balance between the sport-tuned cars like the STS, Aurora, and Bonneville and then the luxury-tuned cars like the DTS, and the Buicks. Although I hear that the DTS is pretty good in the handling dept. for a typically soft, old mans car. But that's another chat!
  • HenryHenry Member Posts: 1,106
    Have any of you seen the light green, or what I call Iced Green. It is about the same color as the Jaguar S type ice/light green. I do not know the name that Jag gave to the color.

Just curious.
    Spikc - The reason the suspension parts are only for 95 and 96 goes back to my comments on the 97 model year. In 1997 Olds changed the suspension on the car and again in 1998. The 95s and 96s are old enough to have a market for suspension upgrades. The 98 and 99's are just starting to get there now. As far as 97 is concerned, unless the change was shared with other GM models, I doubt that stuff will become available given the small market of only one year for one car.

Once again, I am NOT saying that there is something wrong with the 97 suspension. I don't know. I can only speculate that something better came along for the 1998 and 99 model years.

P.S. Good to see so many "kids" on the board. The 2nd generation aROARa owners have a different take on the cars that share the same name.

P.P.S. - I heard that Pontiac is getting the 'roara, Chevy the Alero, and I forget the rest.
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    Actually I heard Buick is getting Alero, but Aurora to Pontiac is new. I guess with the demise of the Bonneville in 2 years, that might make sense.
    I'm luvin my '00 Bonneville SE (see my car in Bonneville 2 forum and the "Showcase your Car" forum under "News and Views" but the new Aurora is something I'd love to trade up to in a few years. I'm glad I got the Bonnie now if it going to be discontinued soon.

The interior is just sooo rich in that Aurora - Cadillac quality without the Cadillac image and price tag.

I wonder if a Pontiac Aurora would include a smokin V-8 high performance model - if not, the SSEi guys are going to be more than just disappointed.

Ken
  • wingnut396wingnut396 Member Posts: 50
    Response to tpken,

I just bought the 98 Aurora on Ebay you talked about in post 309. I feel that the my winning bid of 15,490 seems good. I was looking at 300Ms, but just could not find one I could afford. This seemed like it would be a nice car, and the site I checked out gave it good reviews.

How do some of you 98 owners feel about yours?

More importantly, anybody want to buy a 93 Grand Cherokee....got to get rid of it now!

The only hitch will be getting all the buying long distance.

Anyone can check out the auction (closed) at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=553029320

Good for you!! Looks like you've got yourself a BEAUTIFUL automobile there. Please let us know how the long distance buying experience works for you. Also - when you receive the car please update us and let us know if it is everything it appears to be in the photos. I for one, and probably others, are very interested in hearing how this E-Bay purchase works out for you.

BTW - out of curiosity - had you already seen that car or was it my post that alerted you?

Again - congratulations on finding a superb car.

Ken
    I'll let you know.

I have just recenctly sold my 68 Chevelle on Ebay. It has gone well. Some guy in Canada bought, I live in SOUTH Louisiana. Kinda funny how distances are not as much problem anymore.

I'll keep you all posted.

Brett
    BTW Ken,

I started bidding on the car on Ebay first, then I saw your post this morning doing a little more research on the car.
    Your aROARa is a 2K1. I know it must have felt bad to be touched by the SUV after only a few months/weeks of ownership.

But remember, they can rebuild it.
    They can make it Better
    Faster
    Stronger
    Saw one today.

Still no Iced green Sightings.

The bronze mist Classic I saw on the lots of dealerships. I have not seen them on the road.
  • hardestyhardesty Member Posts: 166
    Feel free to grab any of the photos. I also uploaded one of the car when new (and very clean). They are at http://photos.yahoo.com/clairhardesty in the Car Pictures album. FYI, it was COMPLETELY not my fault, so the car is going to be fully restored.

Henry, I live in a small town, so the the only available rental today is a Ford Taurus (not a bad car, but NOT an Aurora), I'll keep posting on the repairs ...

What a bummer - that car was gorgeous. Tell me - did all of the airbags go off? Hard to tell, looking at that third shot, if the passenger bag is deployed (I think so). Assuming they did - what was the effectiveness of the side bag?

Condolences to you on that crying shame!

Ken
    The following cars were advertised in my area in the local supermarket car shopper:

1997 white with sunroof 47k $15,995 - Crown Olds
    1995 black (don't think it has roof) with 58,639 for $9,995 - Elite Olds
    1997 pearl white with roof 62,086 miles for $15,595 - Fisher Olds

It is not unusual to get additional money off the advertised price if you are a good negotiator.
    I posted this because of our prior discussion of how values change across different markets. I should mention that all of the cars are at delerships in northern New Jersey. I have found that prices are cheaper in the southern part of the state that gave you Whitman as head of the EPA.

Henry
    I feel your pain, that is awful. At least your able to discuss it lightly and post pictures. Had it been me, I would be one highly irate person. Did the passenger side side impact airbag deploy? From one of the pics, it looks like it did. BTW, like your license plate. And that color was very sharp. Hope the are able to fix it up as good as new.

Henry, is it the silvered sage?

Wingnut396, that sounds like an excellent deal. I may seriously look at a 98 or even a 99 Aurora this summer when it comes time to replace my leased Intrigue. I was leaning toward another Intrigue due to the long warranty and good finance deals, but those prices on a late model Aurora are VERY tempting as I do prefer luxury cars.
    I believe there are a number of large used car super stores in NJ - don't know any names, but they ought to be driving down the prices due to in state availability. My experience in buying a 2000 Bonneville that way in NH is positive - saving thousands off other listed prices. My guess is there will be very good availability of 1-2 year old Auroras off lease and rentals over next year or so.

Ken
    Iced green could be Silver sage. I do not know the name GM gave the color. YOu have seen them??
    I don't know what the speed you were travelling at when the accident occured, but it looks like the Aurora held up pretty well. The damage was pretty much concentrated on the right fender and door it looks like. I'm sorry it happened- although even when it is smacked up, it's a great looking car! But as you know, I'm biased to the 2K1's.
    Haven't seen one in person, but there is a picture of one in that color in the Aurora brochure. It's the closest to an "iced green" of all the Aurora's colors.
  • gisomgisom Member Posts: 144
    Hello Everyone,

Just sprung a leak in the fuel rail assembly in my 95 with 82,000. Parts,labor and taxes $552. Water pumped seized up on me in September, $189.

Henry- My heat went out again, blowing only on passenger side. What actuator got replaced? I see one on passenger side and 3 on driver side?
    Hope you have bounced back pretty good from your surgery.

Oh my 95 was built in 5/95 and has garage opener by my sunroof.
    I think if you have the astro roof, you get the garage door opener. The other explaination is that cars built in May are actually cars of the next model year but are still given the current model year classification. The second explanation would support a comment that a friend made to me about GM's production line.

Iced Green or Saged Silver seems to be the color that nobody other than me has seen in person. I think it wins the rare award.

I have seen the Bronzed mist Classic. Personally I never liked the color. Made the car look old.

ZINC - We must be over the same hill with Steve Austin. :)
    Still bouncing (limping is more like it) back from the surgery. Thank you for asking. As far as which actuator was replaced on the car I do not know. I need to find the repair bill and look up the part number.

It is interesting to hear that some folks have had minimal repairs on their 95's and have well over 100K and sometimes 200K on them. While others have had many repairs, I guess i am in the middle, but then again I am only at about 62K on mine. I am still operating on the orgina facory air conditioner and any number of folks have had problems with theirs.

OF INTEREST TO ALL -- I was at a Pontiac dealer in southern Jersey and he had a guy that was clamoring to get a Classic but the dealer could not get one in. The guy had been calling for about 3 months. Another example of market fluctuations. If the propective Auroran were in northern Jersey he would not be having this problem.

The funny thing is that now that the Classic is no longer being made, people seem to be waking up to it. I guess it is the Star Trek of cars. It will become a hit in syndication as opposed to it first run. I have to believe that the engine and the styling is what is doing it. The Y2K1 kids should also benefit from this if they keep their cars.

The thing I have noticed is that those Aurorians who own thier cars have NO intention of selling it (for the most part). As the car moves from leased to ownership, it will probably become hard to get them (kind of like a convertible Riviera).

The Aurora will never be a 57 Corvette or 62 Camaro, or a 442 for that matter (most sedans don't get to that level). But I think it will become a CULT CLASSIC.

(((((( Let's do the time warp again. It's just a step to the right . . . . . )))))

Henry
    Henry, You are definitely showing your (our) age. I really believe the garage door opener was added late in the 95 production year. Perhaps we should start calling 95 classics with the opener a 95 1/2. You know, kind of like the 64 1/2 Mustang, or the 70 1/2 Camaro.

As far as increased popularity of the classic, perhaps some of it has to do with its newfound affordability. When you can buy a car of this caliber, thats only a few years old, and cost less than 1/2 of the original sticker, its hard to say no. But maybe the Star Trek thing is more accurate. I would prefer to think of it more in terms of people looking for the next Avanti.

Hey! Thats funny! Avanti and Aurora both Start with "A", have six letters, and were supposed to save their respective companies.
  • gbarrowgbarrow Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 98 Aurora this week and would like to know where I can find used chrome wheels and other after market goodies for it. I'm in Southern California.
    Thanks for leads.
    Avanti????

The rear end is so unique that today I had a cop that was in his cruser with a car between us say over the loudspeaker. "Hey you in the Aurora, go through the red light I am NOT pulling you over."

Nice to have a car that recognizable from the back. Even nicer to hear the words "I am NOT pulling you over."

NEXT TOPIC THAT WILL probably get more comments then it deserves (Remember the red light??).

Question - When you guys use the windsheild wiper cleaner, does the fluid spray over the top of the car and unto the rear window?
    If yes, how did you correct this, or do you just live with it???
    Olds has a special on the chrome wheels for the Classic (at least they did during the summer). Cali is the King state for after-market check the first or second Aurora board and serch for wheels and the word wood. You should find everything you need.
  • hardestyhardesty Member Posts: 166
    Are available from http://www.aaarims.com ... they have both silver and chrome. Also, the rims for the 2001 Aurora 3.5 (DOHC V6) are the same as the classic, so new rims are still available.

For those who asked, the air bags did NOT deploy in my recent accident in my 2K1 AV8 (I'm glad they did not), the speeds were not high enough and the side impact was ahead of the passenger door. The right front tire was ripped open and the wheel damaged, so I will get a new one. I was supposed to get the repair estimate yesterday, but since we have had 18" of snow in the last 24 hours, and more is expected through Monday, I'm not sure when I will know the extent of the damage. I think when it comes home that I will order some additional wood trim to make it feel loved.

My dad's Aurora used to do this. we lived with it, but it wasnt easy being black(the car).

I believe i have a new winner for the "Rare Aurora Award." I work at the Buffalo Airport and i saw in a reserved parking lot for airport administration, a '98 Aurora. Why was it rare? This Aurora was Midnight Blue(rare in it self), had chrome wheels and CLOTH seats! Needless to say, it didnt look good. That same car, clean and with some black, grey, or tan LEATHER seats would be the Aurora of choice for me. My next color choice would be one they offered in '97, Medium Green. They didnt have one available when my dad was in the market, so he got stuck with tan. But ive seen it, and it is beautiful. It looks nice on the intrigue too.
    Did you get a close look at the cloth? Was it the real nice cloth that high end Olds and Buicks used in years past, or was it rather cheap looking? Just wondering, I would still prefer leather. I like the midnight blue. When I had my Intrigue in for service once, there was a midnight blue classic with beige leather interior and sunroof. No chrome wheeels though. I thought it was very good looking.
    Henry, Im surprised you haven't heard of the Avanti. The Avanti was an exotic, performance/sports car sold by Studebaker in their final days (early-mid 60s). I don't know much about the car except that it is a highly desirable collectible, and was fairly limited production.

Yes-Our windshield washer shoots over the top. Not too concerned about it. I'm making a list of little nuisance things and at some point will take it to a dealership to be fixed before our bumper to bumper runs out.

Met a purple classic on the road this AM. That is a really good looking color. Car would have looked better in chrome wheels. I think some colors (like white, pearl white,and the lighter colors)look better with the silver wheels. The dark colors look better with the chrome wheels
    I was wondering what some of the U.S/Canada differences are on the Aurora. For instance my 2K1 3.5 came standard with the traction control. Does is it come standard in the U.S.? I think it is here because of all the snow.

Does the U.S. Aurora have standard daytime running lights? Does it have standard leather? It is interesting to see the differences in the two cars, just from across the border(s).

A.R.
    no, i was unable to get a very good look at them. It was in a dimly lit parking garage at 5 am. From what i did see they were of decent quality. Cushy cloth, not like cloth that you would find on a Hyundai. Reminded me of the cloth they used to have when leather was an option in older Caddy's, late 80's to early 90's.
  • b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    Henry, You must be a young guy not to have known about Avanti.
    The car was designed by Raymond Loewy in the early '60s. It featured a fiberglass body on frame construction. It was Studebaker's last gasp, and even came in a supercharged version.
    When Stude went out of business production of the Avanti continued. After a series of different owners production stopped in the early nineties.

Throughout the '70s they were powered by corvette.
    In the early eighties they were powered by a 5 liter chevy called the L69 it had about 190 hp and was about as quick as a camaro.
    The company was sold and there were a lot of production problems. So much so that Avanti quit making their own chassis and bought complete Chevy Caprice's!! They shortened the frames and used them for the cars.
    There were also 4 door models shown to the press during this time, but i am not sure if any were built.
    Production ceased completely in the early nineties.

There has been an attempt at a revival and the car being shown now is based on the camaro/firebird. A good source of info is www. avantisource.com. The car shown on the home page is a camaro based version not the original.

Probably more info than you wanted, but at the age of 38 i constantly amaze myself on how much trivia i know about cars.