Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    wbr99wbr99 Member Posts: 51
    Thanks Jetta6a. I thought as much and bought my 2005 G35 Black/Black 6MT coupe yesterday. read my post for more details.
  • Options
    jetta6ajetta6a Member Posts: 33
    No problem wbr99. You got an excellent deal and all those extras just cant be beat!!! I cant buy a car before November, and the 06s are going to be on the lots then so eventhough I could get a great deal on the 05 I know I will have buyers remorse when I see 06s on the road. The projector bi xenons and intelligent key are a must have for me! The current key fob looks like it came from a sub 10K Hyundai! Hopefully I wont end up paying full MSRP on them, we will see.
  • Options
    I have been waiting since August of last year when i read the www.nissannews.com article about the 2005 G35 Coupe to buy this car. Then i heard about the 2006 last week the day after i visited the dealership and thought about buyers remorse myself and wanted to wait for the 06. Serioulsy, the only thing that sold me on the 06 was the intelligent key. But then it hit me that, waiting for the 06 6MT would cost me at least 3Gs more for the car and i will loose out on the 500 Club which saves me around another 2500 i think. Then people including you mentioned that the intelligent key if for the 5AT only. Although a G35 is a G35 no matter what the transmission, a 5AT is not the same for me as is a 6MT.

Good Luck with your purchase Jetta6a.
  • Options
    jaguilajaguila Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the info, I'll check on that with the sales rep. I'm in SD.
  • Options
    pharoh06pharoh06 Member Posts: 2
    Got an offer on a fully loaded G35 coupe....diamond graphite, with graphite interior, Navigation, sport package, aero kit, aero package, xm radio,premium package for 37,434.00, dealer will take 500.00 over invoice with a total of 41,086.41
    out the door. Is this good or too much?
  • Options
    scdgoofyscdgoofy Member Posts: 40
    So, after a couple of months of research, I pulled the trigger on my new sedan yesterday.

Here's my deal:

Diamond Graphite/Graphite
    Premium C
    Splash
    Trunk Mat

MSRP - $35,140
    Invoice - $32,164
    Selling price - $31,164
    ($1,000 under invoice -- welcome to extremely over saturated and competitive Los Angeles market!)
    36 months / 12k miles per year
    money factor .0014
    residual 59%

Drive off (license, fees, docs, first payment) is $728.44.
    Monthly payment, including 8.25% sales tax, is $409.69.

I am VPP eligible ("D" Plan), but it wasn't used as the prices would have been higher. I was also asked not to communicate the dealer info, so I will honor that. But I will tell you that this deal is available in one of the 5 or 6 metro Los Angeles area dealers.

Do your research, be prepared and knowledgable and you will save yourself some money!

One hundred miles into it and I LOVE IT!!
  • Options
    andya729andya729 Member Posts: 12
    I'm interested in any dealer in Chicago area who will deal straight and give me a good price on a G35X and maybe even give me a reasonable trade-in value.

Any recommendations?
  • Options
    joeybjoeyb Member Posts: 1
    Lots of talk lately about waiting for the '06. If you're in the market for the 6MT your decision gets a little easier because differences between 05 and 06 are smaller. Dealers in the Sarasota, Tampa Bay area are willing to part with 05 models at great prices. My search ended recently with a fully loaded G35 coupe 6MT with Nav. Sticker was $39,250 and we shook hands at a little over 33k. Those deals probably won't carry into the '06 lineup. If Bluetooth and seat memory (how many people use a 6 speed sports car as the family driver) are that important you should wait. If you're after performance go with the 05 six speed. I went in looking for a car without Nav because I didn't want to pay an extra 2k for it. Turns out they didn't have one without Nav so I basically got it for free. Like I said, deals on 05's are almost too good to pass up. However, for anyone who has looked at prices on '03 6MT's they hold their value incredibly well so it's hard to go wrong either way. Happy shopping!
  • Options
    bellyrub78bellyrub78 Member Posts: 7
    Purchased a base g35 sedan last night with sunroof, splash guard.trunk mat
    Edmunds MSRP 32810
    Edmunds Invoice 30148
    what i paid 29100
    a little over 1000 under invoice

I thought I got a great deal but
    Somebody told me I overpaid because there is a huge incentives
    on sedans with rwd..

Thanks
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,533
    It looks like $1000 factory to dealer cash... So, you still got your car at invoice, considering the incentive.. Doesn't sound bad to me..

G35 Incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks.. for the link
  • Options
    me_and_g35me_and_g35 Member Posts: 15
    Good job! This deal is as good as mine on 2004 G35 Sedan with Leather and Premium Package.

$1K below invoice
    60% residual at 39 months with 15K miles per year.
    zero down, just first payment
    just under $400 a month with 7.75% sales tax.
  • Options
    zheka212zheka212 Member Posts: 68
    Just wanted to share my experience at Infiniti of Willow Grove, in hopes that others will AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAQUE.

Back in June (its the end of August now), I signed a lease with them for an 05 G35X. The deal was just right -- nothing spectacular, fair as could get for the time.

When I agreed to the deal, I was asked for a REFUNDABLE deposit over the phone to "hold the car". Why that was necessary is still beyond me, since we processed all paperwork via fax/phone, so they couldn't really sell that car -- it was "in contract" as far as I could tell.

On the day of the lease, I settled the total due with a credit card other then the one I used for the depost. A week after the deal was signed, I did not get anything from Infiniti, and still did not get my deposit back. A month after I still had nothing. I tried calling the dealer -- the business manager was always "unavailable".

I disputed the charges with my credit card company and kept calling Infiniti financial in an effort to make a payment.

To make a long story short (I know it's too late for that) -- the day after funds were withdrawn back from the dealer's bank, I get an email telling me my "paperwork was lost, and they were unable to contact me -- I must have moved".

THEY TRIED TO STEAL FROM ME, AND WHEN THEY GOT CAUGHT, TRIED TO FEED ME CRAP. STAY AWAY -- THIS IS NOT A PLACE YOU WANT TO DO BUSINESS!!!!
  • Options
    marty99marty99 Member Posts: 3
    Quick feed back needed:

Located in Canada, log between 40k-50k km mostly between September and April, mostly highway, mostly at night, in all conditions, can't avoid driving through 2-3 bad storms every winter. I can get either a 2005 Legacy GT Ltd(aut), 11k km through a lease take over or a 2004 G35x, 22k km, dealership loaner for basically the same acquisition cost over about 36mths. Both cars are in vg condition. Primary income comes from 2 yr contract (which will hopefully be renewed). I like both cars, find the G35x more substantial and maybe better suited for the long drives I have but with gas at $1.34/L the GT's cheaper operating costs are enticing (CAA tests GT at 10.5L/100km =26mpg; G35x at 13L/100km=22mpg) I'm looking to close by Monday 5 Sept.

Any opinions?
  • Options
    klpeelklpeel Member Posts: 46
    wbr99,

I had a similarly good buying experience from Infiniti of Chantilly. I purchased an '05 G35x last month. They seem honest and straight-forward. Of off the dealers in the Washington, DC area, they were the most responsive to my Edmunds internet inquiries. The 500 club is a nice sweetener for anyone looking to purchase in the next few months. As a new dealership, they seem to be working hard to establish a set of satisfied customers who will have a reason to keep coming back.
  • Options
    yassyyassy Member Posts: 70
    with gas prices the way they are, the recent katrina rath, and outright panic for economic outlook, i expect things will not look at that good for the infiniti dealers.

Still expecting more incentives next month. especially for the g35x. I wouldnt buy just yet though
  • Options
    klpeel,

When a dealer goes to the extent of having a hard to find car brought in from more than a hundred miles out to make a sale, I would trust them to be honest. When I was at Rosenthal Infiniti in Tysons and asked them if they could match Chantilly's price they laughed in my face. Well, I'm happy that I didn't buy my car there.

The 500 Club is great. That was one of the main reasons I bought the car there. Since they gave me a good deal, I will stick with them for a long time.
  • Options
    apawarapawar Member Posts: 14
    in the same predicament but hard to find compact for $130 up here in Flagstaff, AZ
  • Options
    pooh1952pooh1952 Member Posts: 3
    With Premium Pkg, Trunk Mat, Splash Guards and Wheel Locks. Leased on last day of Infiniti's summer promo. MSRP of 37100. $0 Down. CAP Cost of $33888. Money factor of .00113 with 59% residual. Came to $399/mo with taxes, fees, new plates and bank fee down ($2300). Nice Deal!
  • Options
    oldgoat2oldgoat2 Member Posts: 14
    I am shopping in the Houston area for an 05' G35 coupe. Seems the dealers are only willing, at least initially, to go approx $1600 off MSRP - - when there appears to be several hundred in the immediate area inventories. Any better luck in neighboring areas/states? Not sure why anyone would buy now at those prices given the pending 06's.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    "My search ended recently with a fully loaded G35 coupe 6MT with Nav. Sticker was $39,250 and we shook hands at a little over 33k."
    _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ __ _

Wow, that's a great deal. It's hard to believe the price...$6K off on a coupe? Is this brand new? How many miles were on it when you got the car?
  • Options
    phakicphakic Member Posts: 2
    I want to know if any have any idea of good pricing of a 2005 G35 sedan with premium package and sport package.

Any suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks
  • Options
    invasianinvasian Member Posts: 19
    houston area ppls- i would suggest driving out to southwest infiniti- they're the most willing to negotiate.... only dealership i would stay away from is the one on i-10 they wouldnt budge at all.
  • Options
    dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    Pricing has been released for the 2006 Sedan.

http://www.infinitinews.com/

http://www.infinitinews.com/infiniti/2006vehicles/g35_sedan/06_g35sedan_pricing.pdf

The only new feature is bluetooth.

iPod your Car will also be available in a few months for the G35 (maybe Dec. ?)
  • Options
    miamijoemiamijoe Member Posts: 4
    I'm almost there... buying that is. I've emailed a bunch of dealerships and the best pricing I'm getting for a 2005 G35x; premium; trunk mat; splash guards MSRP $37,100 is $200 over invoice. Any thoughts? Thing is, there are hundreds of dollars of divergence in "DOC Fees"... That is "evening-out" the pricing. Again, any thoughts. Thanks
  • Options
    Miamiijoe. you should be able to get at least 1000 dollar under invoice. With
    1000 dollars manufacture to dealer incentive ( not so sure about all wheel drive models) and 3 % hold back.. 3 x 37 = over 1000 dollars.. You could do way better. I got mine 1200 dollars under invoice.
  • Options
    miamijoemiamijoe Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, I got the X for invoice. I'm happy with that. I hope that's not too bad for the X version. I've heard different things about pricing on the X's. They are pretty rare here in NC. I hope I didn't get too hosed.
  • Options
    johnxyzjohnxyz Member Posts: 94
    Guys,

Are you aware of anyone purchasing a new G35 sedan w/ AT for less than $28k? Do the dealers ever order base /stripped models?

I read ads where Volvo, VW, Audi and Saab have huge discounts at year end (up to $7,500 off MSRP). Maybe Infiniti doesn't have to do this type of discounting (Lexus certainly does not)? I'm in the NJ/NY/PA area.

Thanks, John
  • Options
    rjb6rjb6 Member Posts: 29
    bellyrub78,

There is no 1000 incentive on the "x" version - carefull what you post - you could ruin someones day.
  • Options
    demicandemican Member Posts: 1
    HEY JOHN I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AROUND IN THE NEW YORK AREA, I CANT FIND ANY G35 AUTO TRANS, ALL THE DEALERS ARE TELLING ME THAT INFINITI SHIPS THE G35X TO THE NORTHEAST.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ADVICE AS TO WHETHER OR NOT I SHOULD PURCHASE NOW OR WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER TO SEE IF ANY INCENTIVES COME OUT. MY GUESS IS ONCE THE 2006'S COME, INFINITI WILL BE OFFERING SOME SORT OF AN INCENTIVE FOR THE 2005.
  • Options
    demoniclizarddemoniclizard Member Posts: 8
    My sister is looking to buy a new g35 coupe with the 6 speed MT but were not really sure on what a "fair price" would be. She wants the navigation system, spoiler, premium package, and the sunroof. The edmunds.com invoice on that is 36,500, with the MSRP at 39,960, with 38,600 as the true market value. There are only two dealerships here in washington, and the one in tacoma claims his sales manager does not negotiate on pricing, and wants 40,070 for the above options. Another dealer in kirkland wants 39,400 for the above options. Since these are the only two dealers in washington what are my best options? Wait? Check out of state?
  • Options
    slurisluri Member Posts: 37
    :confuse: looked at a dealer today for 2005 g35x w/ premium + nav stickered at 39,100
    the dealer gave me the following:
    $1500 down for tax/tags all things out the door
    518.75/month (including tax etc.)
    39 month lease
    15K/year

good deal? bad deal? i live in pa, it shows the selling price as 37,500 with a money factor of .001380 and residual of 56%.

thanks
    sluri
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,507
    anyone on here who actually understands how the cost structure works, if one has PIN which allows "employee pricing?"

On other boards, people have the data. Is this one equally well-informed?
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    rjb6, read carefully what i've said.. i said not too sure about all wheel drive models..
    UrGhhhhh~~~!!
  • Options
    glk1glk1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi:

I'm considering trading in my QX4 (2002) for 2005 g35x lease. The local dealer has g35x w/o premium package @ but with some dealer add ons with a sticker price of 34610. He then has a "discount" to 32945. MSRP is 32800 w/o add-ons. Invoice is 30, 167. As of yesterday, there are 5 or 6 of these on the lot. (Also has a couple with premium pack).

Lease deal being offered has bid downpayment $4700, 10K miles (which is fine for me); 3 years, residual @ 59% . Rules in monthly payment of $330.

I have a few questions, and would appreciate thoughts on any of them. (I haven't leased before) This would be my 3d infiniti. :)

1. Does leasing affect the price received by the dealer? If not, shouldn't I be able to get close to invoice on the sales price? (Is is common to ignore the add ons, which I wouldn't have requested?)

2. I think there may be some funny business with the lease offer. I would have expected a residual with at least a 12 K lease. Apparently the actual residual experience of the G35s is about 61%. By reducing the lease to 10K, is the dealer just trying take an excess profit on the back end? (Note: 10K is fine for me, but should it result in a higher residual than a 12K?)

3. Alternatively, the dealer may be playing games with the interest rate on the lease. He indicated that the apr for the lease was $2.5% (which translate to a money factor of
    .00105). Is it possible to disguise a higher interest rate by deflating the residual?

4. What is the likelihood of getting the blue book value on my trade in. The infinity dealer has already offered 17K. (Sales agent said that they took of 1k because is needs a bit of reconditioning. I think this is BS. The reason bluebook is less than private sale estimates is to account for reconditioning costs.) I have an offer of 18K from a Nissan dealer. Blue book is 18.5 K. (My QX4 has less than 30K miles. Comparable dealer pricing seems between 24 and 26K, so even at blue book he has plenty of room).

Thanks for any thoughts. I will cross post this on the leasing thread, but this one seems much more active.

Best,

glk
  • Options
    protege7protege7 Member Posts: 1
    I just moved from seattle to the Midwest. I emailed a dealer in Ohio for a price on a G35 6MT with just premium (sunroof comes standard with premium) and XM. No navigation and no Aero (I'm not crazy about the spoiler). They're initial offering was $35,350 which is $1400 over invoice. MSRP for Navigation ($2000) and Aero ($800) would bring that up to $38,100 and I'm sure you could bring them down from there. It is more expensive in the pacific NW, but I think you should only pay at most $1000 over invoice. Plus, if you can wait a couple of months, the '06 are coming out and the dealers might be more motivated the '05s. The problem here is that there's no very many 6MT's here.
  • Options
    klei14klei14 Member Posts: 9
    just got 2005 G35 coupe premium. sport susp., aero, for 34599 plus tax
    is this a good deal?
    tint was thrown in
  • Options
    demoniclizarddemoniclizard Member Posts: 8
    Seems like a decent deal, what dealership is that from klei14
  • Options
    engnrengnr Member Posts: 2
    I've seen conflicting reports here as to whether the $1000 dealer incentive on the Sedan is still in effect. Can anyone give a definitive answer? I'm looking to purchase a 2005 Sedan 6MT with the premium package. The best offers I've gotten in Florida over the last week have been between $300 to $500 over invoice.
  • Options
    vrscvrsc Member Posts: 12
    I too am looking for a 2005 G35 in Central Fl. I haven't really pushed the point yet (just some telephone conversation) The best I have found is invoice. Not sure If I will be pulling the trigger yet or hold out for below invoice.
  • Options
    thetruthkcthetruthkc Member Posts: 5
    I just got a bunch of emails from my local dealers (DC, MD, VA), about a End of September special

Passport Infiniti: 1% over Invoice all 05 G35s
    Jim Coleman: Crazy deals - nothing else specified
    Infiniti of Chantilly: RWD sedan at invoice AWD $500 over invoice + 500 club (free oil changes for life and 2years of scheduled maintenance)

sounds like good deals.

However, i'm not in the market until late October, you think these deals will be around then?
  • Options
    dwongswongdwongswong Member Posts: 62
    I just bought a 2005 G35 coupe loaded for $37,950. MSRP was $40,550. Here is the list of options:

Brilliant Silver w/ Stone
    Premium Package
    Aero Package
    Sport-Tuned Suspension Package
    Navigation
    Body Side Moldings
    XM Radio
    Trunk Mat
    Wheel Locks

Good deal, not great deal. Too fast and fun to drive. Will check back soon. Live in Memphis area.
  • Options
    engnrengnr Member Posts: 2
    Just bought an 05 Coupe 6MT Athens Blue/Wheat with (P01) Premium Package, (R01) Aero Package and (T92) Trunk Mat. Paid $250 over invoice with no other fees. Bought from Infiniti of Tampa, and they have lots of 2005's (Coupes and Sedans) in stock. It was a great buying experience.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if the deal will be available then, but I bought a car myself from Infiniti of Chantilly and I would suggest you go there since the 500 club is worth it. If you think of the free oil changes for life and the free scheduled maintenace thats a couple of grand right there. Other dealerships only offer free oil changes for the first 2 years and no break on the sched maintenance. You can check my other Post 2813 for details of my experience with them.
  • Options
    mmihailovmmihailov Member Posts: 6
    I have always been a BMW fan, I know well these cars, it's a hobby for me to work on them and I have always fixed the Beemers I owned myself. I have been considering buying an used 2-3 year old BMW 5 series, but recently I have started looking into the G-35 Infinity direction as a good alternative, especially because BMW's car quality is going down.
    I don't know much about Infinity G-35. I know the car gets great reviews about its unmatched dependability, its like Lexus or even better. Any comments or advise on buying a 2003 Infinity G-35 would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • Options
    jaguilajaguila Member Posts: 12
    Anybody knows when Invoice prices will be announced?

Check: www.infinitinews.com.
  • Options
    I just purchased my wife a Diamond Graphite exterior and Graphite Interior G35 Sedan with Premium C package, Aero Package, trunk mat, and colored splash guards from Infiniti of Orlando for $800.00 under invoice. I paid their 399.00 dealer fee but they threw in and free installation of a great looking Metallic tint, Complete Aftemarket wood dash kit (which looks incredible, compared to the cheesy OEM from the factory), infinity Wheel locks and 2 free oil changes. This car looks sweet and drives incredible. It took a while for them to budge but they did, I had the General Sales Manager bring out all the invoice so I was sure I was not getting a padded price. We have been looking and researching for the last month and have test drove the 2006 BMW 330i and Acura TL as well. It was a great buying experience but my other choice of purchase was Infiniti of Tampa.
  • Options
    mnrep2mnrep2 Member Posts: 200
    Congrats, it is a fab. car to own and drive. Why don't you just tell us the out the door price paid before tax & tiltle? This is one of my pet peeves, everybody claims they paid X under invoice :mad: :mad: This means nothing to most people, just tell how much you paid ;)

There I said it and now I feel better :P :P
  • Options
    I paid $32,000 before Taxes and Title. The General Sales Manager flipped through the large 3 ring binder of invoices until he reached my car's invoice. He handed to me and I quickly memorized it. I checked the vin number and reviewed the options before looking at the price. The car's invoice was $32,805. I feel pretty good about the whole deal as I walked one time stating that I will be heading over to Tampa Infiniti unless they lowered their price. I did much research and new what prices I would settle for. All and All the car is great and beautiful
  • Options
    miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    What's wrong with that? I actually prefer X amount above/below invoice rather than the sales price before TTL. That way, the poster do not have to include all the options on the car.