Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    eggcitedeggcited Member Posts: 1
    Bought my '05 G35 MT Sedan a few months ago. Since I did most of my research here on Edmunds, thought I would share my experience. Had one of the BEST buying experiences ever. Started off by using the Edmunds TMV pricing and new car dealer search. Closest dealer to me was Infiniti of Pleasanton. The internet sales manager emailed me back. A lot of the correspondence was actually done by email, and even said that I was a few weeks away from actually making a decision. Then I didn't do anything for 2 weeks. I thought I was going to get phone calls every few days, with sales gimmicks and etc. Instead, all I got a thank you for considering Pleasanton Automall email. At that point, I go into the dealership w/o appt and started checking out the NAV and the MT vs AT, interior colors, etc. The Internet Manager sits with me and answers my all my questions. Then I leave since they didn't have the exact color combo and package that I wanted. Another week goes by and I do more inventory searches from other local dealerships on their websites. I finally find a '05 Silver MT Sedan with the Prem Package C in Oakland, CA. So I let him know and tell him I found what I wanted, but at another dealership. I also tell him that I have the VPP program.

So instead of driving out of my area to the other dealership and start up negotiations with them, he assures me that he'll swap one of their inventory cars for the one I want. The next day, the car is at Pleasanton and I give him my VPP claim number, he returns a sticky with the VPP price. The price was basically a few hundred below the TMV and invoice price, so I'm actually content with the price. The entire price negotiation took all of 10 seconds. Not a single round of low-balling/ high-balling. No finance managers ganging up on me. I almost felt cheated for having researched so much and had mentally prepared for hours of negotiations, for nothing. Even all the accessories and dealer programs were offered to me at invoice price. If you can get a car through the VPP program, I highly recommend that process. But I also have to give credit to the Internet Sales Manager at Pleasanton for his patience and honesty. He easily earned my business. He even remembered me several months later when I go back for my first oil change. In a nutshell, if you can use the VPP pricing, it's worth your time. If you find a dealer you like working with, let them worry about getting the car you want into their inventory, and give them the business. Plus, it feels like a good business relationship instead of a cold auto sale. And I think that's what made my experience so positive.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    What a great experience! It's nice to hear about good dealerships that make the process easy, so thanks for sharing.

Hope to see you over in the Infiniti Owners Clubs!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    vinvipervinviper Member Posts: 11
    Hi m35blur

I also am looking for for the 06 Coupe premium sport automatic. The best price dealer also told me it is $500 over invoice with a price tag of $34,500. What did he offer you guys?

Reason I ask is the invoices I am seeing are a little over 35k which would make this price $500 below invoice. I am a bit confused on that. Thanks.
  • Options
    tammy08tammy08 Member Posts: 3
    I am beginning my search for a 2006 G35 Coupe with an MSRP of approx $38,750 (automatic, premium package w/ intelligent key, aero package, sport suspension package). When I asked what invoice is on the car, one dealer informed me invoice on these cars is always 6% under MSRP. Is this true?

Also, he says there are no financing incentives or other incentives on '06 coupes right now. Is this true? If so, any ideas when any of those might come into play? The thought of paying 6% or 7% interest on a car is not appealing.
  • Options
    reb124reb124 Member Posts: 6
    Quoted 2006 G35X sedan in NJ. A/T, Prem. C, mats, splash guards @ $34,550.
  • Options
    goooalsgoooals Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a used 04 G35 Sedan with 10k miles. Sport pacakge, 6spd (sport suspension is std with this option), sunroof, premium package, aero, upgraded bose, heated seats/mirrors, spoiler. The only things it doesn't have is navigation and satelite radio. Dealer said it was rare to find this auto. Paid $26,500 after a ton of negotiating. Bad, good or great deal? The car is awesome. 4-doors to fit my family and a 6spd for me to have fun with. The best of both worlds.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,507
    Asking a dealer what the invoice price is, without demanding to actually see it, is highly unlikely to yield a truthful answer. Six percent sounds low to me.

I'm in a hurry now, or I'd look up the real invoice delta here on Edmunds. You can too, both for the car itself & the options you want. Going to the dealer with all the information at hand puts you in a much better position.

Good luck.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    10nisbum10nisbum Member Posts: 1
    looking for the exact same car. would you mind telling me what your monthly payments are?

did you put anything down?

thanks
  • Options
    kki000kki000 Member Posts: 17
    no money down, 510 month. Same car in an 05 had a price of 479... so waiting for 06 cost me a bit.
  • Options
    angus212angus212 Member Posts: 9
    i just want to know whats the name of the salesperson who sold you that car?...so u paid around $33000 out the door for pkg C + nav? i have been talking to Tony at infiniti of serramonte, but still have not go into negotiate with the price yet cuz i still don't how much i should pay for the coupe considering a good deal.
  • Options
    al57al57 Member Posts: 67
    am deciding between TL and G35,all dealers have G35X in stock,will order a G35 sedan if really necessary,but it does not seem they want to...Has anyone read about wholesale changes to 2007 model year and is there any special financing to be offered by years end for 2006 model?
  • Options
    killerjkillerj Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to buy a G35 MT coupe. The car I'm looking at is Athens Blue, with premium pkg, aero pkg,splash guards and trunk mat. Sticker is $37,250, and agrees with what Edmunds has. I received a VPP program quote of $34,349. This compares with edmunds invoice of $34,079. I've seen some people actually getting quotes below invoice on 2005 Coupes. Anyone with any info on that it would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    intenceintence Member Posts: 32
    VPP is a fixed price, on an '05 you should be able to do better without VPP. If you're going to use the VPP program, wait a month or two for the '06 Coupe to become eligible, and the pricing should be very similar, so why not get the '06?
  • Options
    mwhittmwhitt Member Posts: 69
    Do you mind sharing the dealer? I am in market for the same in northern NJ. That looks like about 400 over invoice which looks to be a really good price..
  • Options
    killerjkillerj Member Posts: 5
    My dealer wont take VPP on 2006 Coupes. Do most dealers accept VPP on all models?
  • Options
    hawk248hawk248 Member Posts: 27
    I went to pick up 2006 G35X w/ Premium C etc. The car was inside the showroom. Last week I had driven a 05 model and made a deal on 06.
    Before signing the paperwork, I insisted on driving it. First thing I noticed was that the turn signals did not work. The salesman explained that the prep guy forgot to insert the "fuse" for the turn signals. Everything else was working. :cry:

Next on highway, I noticed the car does not hold a straight line. It pulled to the left. The salesperson said it is probably "the crown" of the road. So I moved over to the right lane. The car still pulled to the left. He then said that it is probably the tire pressure. :(

So we went back to the dealer and he had the service manager take the car in and adjust pressure. I went back out on another test drive and now noticed that the car is pulling to the right. :mad:

The only thing unique about this 2006 G35x was that I had the dealer install the 18" sport wheel package. That option is perfectly legal on G35 sedans. He said the pulling probably has something to do with those wheels? :confuse:

Any idea? Needledd to say that I did not sign and take delivery. I am not convinced that it is simple problem. I will go back to the dealer this coming Saturday and drive a 2006 G35X w/o the 18" wheel.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    My deal was for 36K with the 18" sports wheel package + premium C and splash guards.
  • Options
    anyone in the bay area know what should the out the door price on a 06 g35 coupe 6MT aero should be? anyone purchased one with a prem pkg? if yes, how much did u paid for OTD? Went to infiniti of serramonte today and the salesman said all of the 06 coupe are equipped with the prem pkg...i asked for 35k OTD n he told me there is no way then i asked for 36k n he said no again...he didn't evey try to negotiate with me. the whole price part took less than 5 mins.

anyone in the bay area are looking forward to buy a Infiniti? if so, we might get a better deal buying it together ;)

Anders
  • Options
    intenceintence Member Posts: 32
    Not all cars are on the VPP program, it's also then up to the dealer as the whether they'd like to accept the VPP. The VPP page hasn't been updated for December yet, but it states that MY06 G35s are only available on VPP to A-Plan (Nissan Employees). Usually after a few months the car will be available to everyone.

Since VPP price is fixed, you might wait a few months for teh G35 Sedans/Coupes to appear on the VPP list as you'll probably pay a similar price for the '06. If you can get an '05 for below the VPP price (without using VPP) it might be worth the price difference.
  • Options
    gnightgnight Member Posts: 6
    I agree with the person who suggested Infiniti of Pleasanton. I live in Roseville but bought my g35 sedan from Pleasanton. It was a 2005 and I paid $30.5K (with Premuim C package - $1600 BELOW invoice. See message #2959 in this forum. They had lots of 2005s left.
  • Options
    Thanks! maybe i'll try that....so you paid $30.5K OTD? just wondering whats the difference between 05 and 06?
  • Options
    Got a price on a G35x $35.8 for premimum, a/t, splash guards, sat radio

what do you think? invoice is $34.5, carsdirect.com is $35.6

how much too high do you folks think.

i saw someone quote $35.4 without the sat on an earlier post.
  • Options
    mnrep2mnrep2 Member Posts: 200
    Is that for an 06? I got an 05 x with the premium, nav, splash guards and, trunk mat for $36,500 in July. If its an 06 and you like the dealer, I think you should jump on it. You'll love the car ;)
  • Options
    Yeah '06, that's what i got a price on, either the slate or twilight blue.

I do like the car. My sister has an '05 and was up last weekend so I had a chance to put it through its paces, country roads and highways..
  • Options
    djettadjetta Member Posts: 22
    I found a G35x sedan that I am interested in. It is a new, 2005 model with prem.C, wood, satellite, spare tire and is sitting in the dealer showroom. How much under invoice should I be paying at this point in time? Would it be more worthwhile to get the 2006? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    see what carsdirect.com says for your zip code area. a 2005 is still a choice on that one. they will give you a target price. i don't know if that is the floor, but at least it should establish a ceiling. if i recall correctly, i just priced an 05 in my area and it was $400 over invoice - or something along those lines. i've never bought a new car off model year - so don't know the real target. is it a demo, does it have miles of any significance?
  • Options
    I will check cars direct-thanks for the suggestion. The 05 I'm looking at is not a demo and it has the options that I'm looking for. The prices that I've seen on this board for the 06 model are so close to invoice, I'm just wondering how low to push for an 05. :)
  • Options
    ppnffppnff Member Posts: 65
    I just looked at the incentives for the 2005 G35 and a 2005 G35x is not included in the $1,000 incentive to the dealers. You may want to wait until after Tuesday when the current incentives lapse and see whether they expand the current incentives to include the 2005 G35x. Given the drop-off in sales and high inventory, I would guess either a continuation of current incentives or an expansion to clear out 2005 models prior to 12/31/2005.

Good luck!
  • Options
    ilbarbaroilbarbaro Member Posts: 5
    If you can wait until the last week of December, that is likely when you're going to get the very best deal, whether it's an 05 or an 06.
  • Options
    Just curious-why is the last week in December the time to get the very best deal? :confuse:
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,507
    Most dealers have monthly, quarterly & annual sales goals they're trying to meet (or exceed). The thinking is that your purchase (or lease) at the end of the period may drive them over their quota, or yield a bonus.

Common knowledge is that you'll get a better deal at the end of the month or quarter. The end of the year is the triple witching period for this sort of thing.

OTOH, January is dead, dead, dead, so the end of January isn't all bad either.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    Thanks, cdnpinhead. That leads me back to my original question-how much under invoice should I be paying for a new 2005 G35x when the 2006 models are selling at invoice right now? Also, is there an advantage to getting the 2006 over the 2005?
  • Options
    The x is not going to be selling as cheaply as the standard rwd G35 in the snowbelt! We are in high season for awd vehicles. With that said, you should be able to get one right at invoice. It depends upon supply of 05 X's at the dealer as well. Good luck with your search :)
  • Options
    miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    $1500 under invoice is what you want to do or better. Otherwise, it's better to get an 06.

• Options
    gnightgnight Member Posts: 6
    Out the door was $33K with 7.25% tax, license and doc fee. See message # 2961. No difference between the 2005 and 2006 model. My 2005 wasn brand new, still wrapped in plastic, with 7 miles on the odometer.
  • Options
    Got a dealer in northern NJ down to 35.375 for 06 35x, prem, sat, trunk mat, and splash guards. am close to closing, but another dealer put an ineresting price out that i frankly don't believe. he quoted $100 over invoice for the same car. anyone believe you can get a 35x with 8 of inches fresh powder on the ground today for invoice...

another question, i put 40K on a car a year. based on what you folks know, is it worth talking to them about extended warranty. if it were audi, no doubt, but not sure here.

thx :confuse:
  • Options
    Don't know about your market as far as pricing goes. Perhaps they were quoting a left over 05? Final thought on that: When its too good to be true, it almost always isn't :)

I did not buy the extended warranty, on my 05 x. Good luck with your purchase. I have found the g35x to be awesome whether driving on snow covered roads or just driving on curvy two lane highways. It is a great car to drive.
  • Options
    the dealer with the lower price, truthfully i think it was a typo in the e-mail. carsdirect.com has a target of 35675 and he quoted 34675. seems awfully close for coincidence.

in any event, i got feedback on the service there.

1 year free service (3 oil changes and some other stuff)
    Car is returned to you hand washed after each service
    and a fleet of loaners for any service appt.

even if i only get a match on the other price, that fluff stuff is not bad.
  • Options
    ilbarbaroilbarbaro Member Posts: 5
    Or the typo was made on purpose to get you in the door and then say "oops, sorry about that"
  • Options
    true enough. tricky little guys aren't they. in any event, i am sure they will match the 35.3 from the other dealer - and i have a good friend that bought there who speaks very highly of the service dept. and their follow-up.

i know they have the guaranteed loaner program and that is pretty important. will be interesting to see how they play the price when i get there.
  • Options
    You guys should check around. I live in the Metro NY area and in my search I have found several dealerships that are offering the 2006 G35x at invoice-this being as recent as 3 days ago. ;)
  • Options
    I'm going to close on this deal next week. The pricing was solid that I referred to before.

35x, premium, satellite, trunk mat, splash guards

Invoice 34575
    Paid 34675
    (1) year service
    Loaner Service for all repairs
    Salerno Infiniti, Denville, NJ

I don't think I am going to beat that, and even so I am impressed that they made that offer out of the gate with no haggling..The other dealer kept coming down, but started much higher in the typical fashion.

Thanks for the advice on the board. I started out thinking I was going to pay much more..
  • Options
    Congrats, thats a awesome price :) And you will love the car on top of that. Enjoy your new ride :shades:
  • Options
    atsenbatsenb Member Posts: 34
    DO you remember which dealers you have been to in terms of locating at invoice prices for the G35x? I am located in Manhattan and is interested in buying this car.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    To Atsenb
    Try Atlantic Infiniti in Lynbrook and also Harte Infiniti in West Haven. Both dealers were very helpful and it was a no fuss, easy deal done over the phone. Price was at invoice. Good luck-it's a wonderful car! ;)
  • Options
    atsenbatsenb Member Posts: 34
    Thank you for the quick response. I will definitely look into these two dealers.

I actually tried Atlantic in Lynbrook and the internet manager was pretty quick in terms of calling me (in fact, 2 sales ppl called & left messages). I am still waiting for them to give me the quote over e-mail as I prefer to have something in writing first.
  • Options
    Atsenb
    The other dealership to try that will give you a quick email quote and they are very customer service oriented is Competition Infiniti in Smithtown (go thru the internet service manager). You will get a fast response and the transaction with them couldn't have been better (didn't know if you wanted to go as far as Smithtown)
  • Options
    veekayeveekaye Member Posts: 13
    I bought an 06 sedan recently.

I had agreed on a price verbally over the phone with a salesman and manager. I went down to buy the car soon after. The salesperson was still accurate in the price we agreed on once I got there, and the next step was to proceed into the finance manager's office to sign all the paperwork.

After signing all the paperwork, driving the car home and looking at the contract, etc., I noticed the manager wrote the starting price (sell price) in very wrong.... 3K mistake in my favor... I proceeded to notice all paperwork had this (no accounting mistakes) and all papers are signed by the manager.

I walked out the door with copies of all paperwork in my hand, and the dealer received a check in the full amount from my loan officer (didn't finance through the dealer).

Can the dealer do anything, once they've found the mistake? Legally and/or try illegally? The Finance manager has (3 days later) found the mistake, and called me simply saying there was a paperwork mistake and I owe money (although there's nothing in the papers that would suggest that)

Advice??
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,574
    Since this question isn't exactly Infiniti-specific, a really good place to ask it, would be here:
    Any Questions for a Car Dealer?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tech_arttech_art Member Posts: 33
    what included in the 1 yr service?
  • Options
    As you would expect, not a lot since we are in the first year of ownership.

From what I remember on the phone, (3) oil changes, and a single quality check-up on everything - sounded to me like what you would expect for about the first 12-15K miles of ownership. I haven't seen the maintenance schedule on the Infiniti so I am not sure what they recommend. Clearly not equivalent to the Audi/BMW stuff. Generally, my experience the first big service is around 30K.

Relistically, most stuff should be under warranty in year 1 and it should be basic. The only thing I have seen as a problem on this boards is potential early rotor problems. I didn't hear them say anything about brake service. When I talk to them I will give you the specifics...